Reviews of Comfort Inn 2 stars

2779 Route 1 North, Trevose, PA 19053, USA

#2 of 4 hotels in Trevose

I habe stayed in numerous hotels within the last month or so but this Place met all my expectation for the price that I paid for a saturday ($133.00 tax inc). Staff was great. I really liked everything about this hotel. Will highly recommend...

The property was right on a busy street. The pool (though I didn't use it) was in the middle of the parking lot; really looked funny and it was separated from the main building. Just odd. Parking spaces were not defined. In summary the outside could use updating. I know it would be costly, but maybe make the pool more attractive; add a few cabanas, color, semi privacy fence with color or lattice. At least with that, even when the weather is rainy I or someone could come back and say, the pool is in an odd position but at least it looks good.

The staff was very helpful and each person I interacted with had a pleasant disposition and a willing attitude.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Not enough parking. Back Parking lot is not well lit and too far from the door when arriving in the dark. Thank goodness we checked the room door as we went out because it didn’t lock and had to be fixed so we changed rooms. The first room was between the outside side door and a heavy door that opened into the main hotel. Not a comfortable feeling.

Front desk clerk was accommodating

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

My reservation was not accommodated at all I reserved a double Queen bed and was put in a King bed so me and my other 2 guest was told no to a roll out bed and all had to sleep in a King size cramped together. When asked to be placed in the room I paid for I was told I cannot be placed because none was available but I could pay $116 cash to book the proper room if need be. Service by the weekend overnight female manager was horrible and very nasty attitude not only towards me either. The next day my family had 17 rooms booked and only 3 were clean and ready after 3pm when the rest arrived for check in and once again we all were given nasty looks and attitude. Not once did they apologize for not having our rooms ready. I had booking.com call as well and even they told me she was very nasty to the woman who called to get her to accommodate us with the proper room.

Very upsetting experience

Unfortunately we were in a room on the front and there was a lot of road noise. We should have requested to be moved but we had just driven 7 hours and basically just wanted to shower and collapse.

Bed was super comfortable. Bedding and pillows perfect.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Checked in and gave us a room that had wet paint on doorway. Went to shut the window and the lock was missing. Because this was on the first floor we deemed it unsafe. They did change our room upon request but the room should never have been let in the first place in the condition that it was in.

Location for the business we visited

I was charged an extra $100 for deposit. My husband and I were told that's held in case there's any smoking in the room. The first room we were assigned, was dirty, the tub was black and there was trash left in the waste basket. The second room reeked of cigarette smoke. I found that to be weird, since we were told there will be a charge for cleaning the room, if that is to happen. Let's not forget, I had to leave an extra $100 for that reason. The door in my room, 321 is falling apart. there are screws on the inside of the door keeping it together. Lastly, and this is not the hotels fault, this place is full of drug attics and the people who stay there smoke marijuana in the hallways. It is just terrible!

The pillows

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

construction on 1st floor not cleaned up from Thursday thru sun drywall dust everywhere even in my room. have pictures if you really care. staff needs to demand clean up from contractors or get new ones.

location breakfast good

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The coffee pot and hairdryer in our room did not work

I was very impressed with the breakfast selection. The beds were comfortable. The drive into Philly was quick and easy.

Bacon could have been more crispy. Orange juice had a weird taste and color.

Breakfast had a nice variety. Liked having a waffle maker. Beds were comfortable.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The halls needed new carpet. The bathrooms needed to be updated. Actually the whole appearance of the hotel needed to be updated. The cleaning staff could have done a better job in cleaning the room.

First room had cigarette smoke smell, second room was ok but when we arrived back location was noisy and marijuana smell was throughout my room and floor. Do not recommend

We booked non-smoking king bed, at check-in there was a sign saying the whole building was smoke free, well the room we were given smelled horrible! Like an ashtray! No way could we stay in there. The front desk apologized and moved us to another room but with 2 queen beds. We were offered no discount. The woman at the front was also very busy, putting phone calls on hold for several minutes, including my call when I paged from our room. There is also nothing near the hotel except other hotels, you have to drive a few miles to find any restaurants.

Pretty clean, beds fairly comfortable, fridge and microwave in room, decent contential breakfast. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Free WiFi.

Staff were particularly attentive and helpful. Started with Jay at the Front Desk, through housekeeping staff and the breakfast support Team. All top shelf, indeed.

I wish the breakfast had ended a little later, but I'm a late kind of person.

The bed is comfortable, room and hallways were quiet and the wifi works fine. Breakfast was great for the price -- free!

Room smelled with smoke even though it was a nonsmoking facility. Saw bed bug on pillow. Location next to highway so it was too noisy.

Breakfast included was good.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There were BED BUGS in our hotel room. The front desk attendant said, "It's not our problem. You probably brought them with you." We were booked for two nights, but checked out a day early, at 8:15am, due to the BED BUGS & the dehumanizing treatment from staff. I have called the GM 3 times, with no response. I have emailed the GM 3 times, with no response.

The initial price is what drew us to the hotel. I should have understood that a cheaper price would also mean a sketchier hotel & underwhelming experience.

breakfast area was too small, not enough seats, everyone had to wait in long line for food, and only saw one staff member trying to keep up. not enough parking

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The hotel, the crack heads and the smell of the hotel

The rooms were comfortable but the windows are dirty. There was a wasp in the room and there were a lot of crack/ meth heads at that location. The building is hot and it stinks. The hallway was dirty and smelled like cigarettes. I wouldn't stay there again

Sad to see no laundry room

We live the Pool, the breakfast, and the workout room. My grandchildren just love it.. we live near by but come here for a getaway stay. Thank you Comfort Inn.

The bathroom pipes shook loudly half the night and periodicAlly other times in our room the entire stay. No one offered and it would takd major work to fix the problem. Hope no one stays in that room until overhauled.

Not too much.

Didn't get the rooms I booked was told I would have to pay more... wasn't clean .. only cleaned room 1 time in 8 days breakfast was unbeatable .. tv never worked asked first day to get it fixed they where gonna send someone no one every came.. had to look to toilet paper.. no parking... pool was full of dirt and glass .. never swim once ... all locals use the pool.. no security.. locals come and get the free breakfast I can go on and on but you recommending this hotels makes me mistrust your site in my future travels and I will not book thru you again

Not much

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Not having the stairs marked correctly in case of emergency to know how to exit out. Central cooling would have been better.

everything was good,due to weather and not having central cooling it was a little uncomfortable. Continental brakfast was good.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The lighting in the bathroom was very dim and not sufficient to do make up and hair. The bath tub should have some type of non skid surface.

The bed was comfortable and clean; the pillows were fluffy. Everything in the room was functional. The desk clerk was considerate about where he designated my room and my receipt was put under the door during the night.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Parking was a little tight.

Price was decent. Room was clean and everything worked as it should. Continental breakfast was good also. Would stay there again if in the area.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

The bacon at breakfast was greasy

The rooms were recently remodel . The whole inn is now nonsmoking. The room smell fresh clean when you first enter.

breakfast was great,beds comfortable,room super clean, tv nice size, plenty of cable channels,staff very nice .property was also super clean. would stay there again.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The breakfast was acceptable should consider two waffle makers. And keeping the area clean from all the disrespectful and messy guests was difficult staff very nice

Staff all so friendly and helpful pleasant at all hours day and night

The hotel is located near the highway, major renovations needed, poor shower pressure, no hot water, you can hear everything from your room, and staff was busy eating breakfast so they couldn't assist at checkout.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

we had 2 double beds... too small for 2 people and the beds were not comfortable. Hotel located on a busy street... too much noise and the swimming pool was not clean and paint coming off.

the breakfast ...

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

The breakfast room was very crowed on two mornings...we just didn't do good planning on being there on the "off" time, however the last morning, there were empty tables...maybe not as many guests over night. Would have liked more lights in the back parking lot. When we returned in the evenings after visiting with family we usually had to park in a darkened area.

It was a pleasure to have an elevator and cart for luggage so we did not have to carry everything up by hand. I loved the waffles. My husband liked having eggs...different styles...every morning. There was a good selection of food. The server did an excellent job of keeping the various food selections filled. The bed was most comfortable and we had good sleep...sometimes difficult when not in your own bed. Wish we would have had time to try the pool.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

The room was smaller than most other hotels I've stayed in, and our bed was relatively short for being king sized. The breakfast was only fair. They had a few choices, which was nice, but we did not like how they prepared some of their foods. Also wish they had bagels& danish as options as well.

The staff was friendly and room was clean. The pool was an ok size and clean.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel was rated high for cleanliness and it didn't seem to be super clean. The beds were super hard and very uncomfortable. The windows in the room actually opened but unfortunately you could not lock them. The hotel is located on a SUPER loud highway and you could hear EVERY single car and truck drive by. There was only one elevator that had to be shared with staff so sometimes your elevator went all the way to the basement and it took such a long time to get anywhere. Also the parking is not very good. There is one small parking lot in the front and a bigger one in the back and there aren't many lights. That is not a very comforting position to be in when you are two ladies traveling by yourself with two small children trying to get in to the hotel in a really dark parking lot.

The hot breakfast is awesome!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The manager was rude. He yelled and argued with many customers in person and on speaker phone. He only "allowed" two places to deliver food. All Ice machines except one by the desk were out of order. The beds were hard and the sheets were pilled. There was scare water pressure and the rooms remained damp at all times. The manager parked two of his personal vehicles in the handicapped parking spaces illegally without plate or placard. During a four day stay no new towels were brought to the room. The pictures on the website do not match the reality of the facility. The ratings do not match either.

There was nothing I could recommend about the hotel or the staff.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool hours could be alittle longer.

I loved everything about this hotel.... I have no complaints and will be booking another stay sooner than later. Keep up the good reputation in which you uphold.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Thst the 4 of July they difn't have control of the pool. It was about 25 people that they didn't paid for the hotel and they was there all day and me and other people that was paying couldn't used the pool. They had beer and had small children. I left the place.to bad because is a nice place.

The staff very nice. Clean towers everyday i been on very hight hotel and they do not chsnge your towers everyday. Rooms are good for the price.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was barely average, the rooms were musty and smelt of cigarettes and carpets were sticky, there was no where to hang out only in your room which made it hard to be with our friends I guess you get what you pay for but next time I'll pay a little more to stay somewhere nicer

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I don't have any dislike

The hotel room and Lobby area was very clean. Both smelled very fresh. The bed was very comfortable. I would stay again

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The room smelled nice and clean, and eveything including the towels and bathroom was nice and clean.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Did not like how the parking lot was situated. The remote control to the TV was broken.

Comfortable, clean

Something's needed work

Locate and served its purpose

Everything was good

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Excellent value for money!!

This place was absolutely disgusting.

Nothing !

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Location was difficult to get to and not in a great part of town.

Price was reasonable.

road noise

Old

Old

The dirty towel and opened soap in my room when I arrived.

There was healthy food.

Keys room

Fine

Breakfast sausage was a little undercooked and coffee was too strong

Bed was excellent and Gabrielle the manager was great

Nothing was good

It was great

Room

Good

Parking no to convenience I feel unsafe

Nice n clean,

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The rate that booking quoted per night was less than what I had to pay at the end of my stay

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

A bit outdated. In need of some renovations in rooms.

Beds were nice. Place was clean.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It could’ve been a lot cleaner, the toilet didn’t work, teeth messing from the a/c unit, and a spot on the ceiling

The location.

Hair dryer in room had a burning smell so I did not use but alerted staff

Our shower stopped working in the middle of me showering.

The location was convenient

The bed was comfortable and staff was friendly

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Ok should have been more of a variety of breakfast they said the same thing everyday big was trying hard

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Confortable and generous continental breakfast

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Convenient location close to our hockey tournament, Parx Casino, and Steve's Prince of Steaks for the best Philly cheesesteaks.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The breakfast could’ve been better and there were no assistance in the eating area

They just need in the breakfast area another waffle maker.

It was clean and comfortable. Breakfast there is great. I could sleep without itching

I had to to leave due family emergency and should have been refunded the 139.00 I called an rebooked for 1/23 with manager dues to issues

Tv, bed and room

Very cold had to move to another room

Very nice and clean

The room was dirty

The staff was very nice

Lighting in the room was less. One of the lamps was not working. Everything else was good.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The cleaniness of the the Hotel.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The overall hotel could afford to be a bit more clean

The breakfast was always warm and we'll supplied

the whole place

the whole place needs to be renovated