Reviews of Comfort Inn University Durham 3 stars

3508 Mount Moriah Road, Durham, NC 27707, USA

#31 of 62 hotels in Durham

Very good location to food and shops and a great value.

The hotel is tucked in behind another hotel and was hard to see, but we found it.

Very good location to food and shops and a great value. Our evening check in was wonderful! Candy was professional, helpful and very friendly. Thanks for the warm welcome! The room was very spacious. Nice layout.

I'm easy to please, but this hotel was a disappointment

The smell...like the air had gone stale, or an old woman's house who never walked outside or opened the windows for the last 50 years. The breakfast was not very good other than the pre-packaged items. It tasted like the eggs were half-water.

The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very inviting and helpful. The workout facilities were nice and clean. In fact, the gym was the only place where the air seemed to move.

You Get What You Pay For

The walls need to be wiped down desperately! There were many hairs on the bathroom walls and the shelving in the bathroom. There were long blonde hairs hanging from the wall lamp in the bedroom area. There were spots of something on the bathroom door. When I took a cloth and tried to remove it, it wouldn't come off. I noticed there were more of the spots on the ceiling over the bathtub, so I assume it may be mold. The ac unit kept cycling on and off all night. When on, it was freezing in the room. As soon as it turned off, it was very hot. Between the inconsistency of the temperature, and the general discomfort from knowing that the room isn't as clean as it should be, I was unable to get a good night's sleep.

The lemon poppy seed cream cheese bread at breakfast was delicious! The ladies in the breakfast room were very personable as was the lady working at the front desk.

Rooms need a major redo, will know next time to book through the source. I felt like I got ripped of

Paying $99.00 through booking.com when I found out I could have paid $79 if I just booked through Comfort Inn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Location, queen beds instead of double beds

Loved everything about this hotel the people weee nice and...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I liked everything nothing bad to say about it

Loved everything about this hotel the people weee nice and friendly and the jacuzzi in the room was amazing!!

New computer system made check in a long process.

Breakfast area was small and cramped. Setup not conducive to easy flow for patrons. Attendant to area was rude.

New computer system made check in a long process. Staff was friendly and apologetic for delay. Room clean and comfortable.

Very well stocked breakfast bar that far exceeds what...

Very well stocked breakfast bar that far exceeds what sometimes passes as a 'continental breakfast,' very well done. Both the front desk staff as well as the housekeeping crew were very professional and understanding. Great location right next to am on-ramp to I-40, as well as a Wal-Mart and a great assortment of restaurants right nearby that goes beyond just some fast food joints. All-around excellent location for the money considering it being located in the the Triangle Region.

Nasty ghetto quality .

They forced us into paying before we ever got in the room. It was a non smoking room that smelled like a heavy smokers room with a mix of mildew . Walls were dirty , Fridge was broken and smelled like mildew . They gave all the good parking to truck drivers who took up all the spots . We had to drag our children around in the dark in unsafe areas . The price was NOT good for what you get . This is ghetto quality . We had traveled hours and was in the area for surgery for our daughter . Do NOT use this hotel to accommodate your needs .

Comfort Inn
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The one thing I didn't like was that the lady in the front didn't want to admit her mistake in my reservation and wanted to blame it on someone else

It was nice and clean. The spa tub was just amazing.

Convenient location, too much money for the stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was not cleaned when I checked in and I had to ask the clerk at the front desk to have someone clean the bathroom. Also, the room had spiders in it.

This hotel is well kept and very comfortable and an excellent value.

For me the breakfast offerings were the thing which detracted from the overall rating of this hotel.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious and well kept. The breakfast offerings were a bit trite. It seems that waffles have gotten to be standard fare at most breakfast hotels.

This was just an average stay -- nothing over the top.

Requested a quite room but was given one extremely close to the front lobby. A lot of in & out traffic noise.

Liked that the hotel was close to all shopping malls & restaurants.

The staff was very friendly.

You cannot open windows in the room. I hate this so much. As a result, the room smelled musty, moldy and in need of fresh air. I am one hundred percent certain that there was a mold issue either in the air vents or somewhere else in the room. This is definitely a health hazard.

The staff was very friendly. I liked the permanent coffee station in the lobby. I like that the location is within walking distance to a lot of good restaurants.

Not impressed

WiFi weak Breakfast terrible - no eggs, kitchen staff not helpful, out of many items like yogurt. Shower head stuck in massage mode Hair dryer didn't work

Comfortable bed.

Loved the everyday cleaning
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The night staff while I stayed was no help. Lied n over charged me for my room. Took all my $$ out the bank left me with a negative balance n a overdraft fee due to their mix up. I would never go back there again to stay. I had chargers on my bill that I didn't hear about that I was suppose to had been charged at the begin with until I left. Just unprofessional.

Loved the everyday cleaning

Great room, good breakfast, not secure.

The outside door we used to enter and leave the hotel didn't lock even though there was a keypad there for swiping your room key. Also, almost every evening during our stay there was a man smoking and drinking beer right outside the exit that we used. He was friendly, but he made my wife feel uncomfortable.

The rooms were nice. I believe they had just been renovated. The waffles were great.

An Excellent Stay For Visiting Cameron Indoor And Attending "Dancing With The Stars"!

Having to leave.

This was one of the cleanest and nicest motels my wife and I have ever had the pleasure of staying...absolutely fantastic. If we EVER get tickets to a Duke Blue Devils men's basketball game and/or "Dancing With The Stars" show comes back to Durham, this motel will definitely be booked by us! Although Durham, NC is quite a ways from Evans, GA, the stay was WELL worth it!!

so many things to do-close by.

Dining room for breakfast was too small.

About 2 blocks from the main road but the room and area was quiet. So much shopping and lots of eateries nearby. It was halfway between Duke and UNC.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Needs help.

Back entry door did not lock - poor security. Breakfast was out of everything after 8:00am. When I called front desk to report a creeper hanging out at the unlocked back door, she asked me if I called police. That's her job. Won't stay here again.

Location, towels, comfort of bed, picture quality of TV

Reunion weekend at Duke

The breakfast was good (eggs, ham, waffles, fruit, yogurt) but whereas I was the only one in the breakfast room on Saturday at 845a, on Sunday at the same time EVERYTHING was gone except the waffle fixings and the male staff member said they hadn't anticipated the crush and everything was being defrosted and "would take a while". This was not really appreciated. Bed a bit too soft for my taste, but room nice, TV good. Hallway decor a bit dated and rundown, but the guest rooms themselves are more important.

The breakfast was good (eggs, ham, waffles, fruit, yogurt) but whereas I was the only one in the breakfast room on Saturday at 845a, on Sunday at the same time EVERYTHING was gone except the waffle fixings. The male staff member said they hadn't anticipated the crush and everything was being defrosted and "would take a while". Not acceptable. Parking easy. Access from I40 and 50-501 easy and convenient to get to both Duke & UNC from this location.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Mother in hospital

Night clerk on 3/22 was rude but Emma was a helpful and kind front desk clerk.

medical discount given for UNC and Duke Hospital patients and family

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

AWESOME!!!

Beds are comfy, rooms are clean and well maintained, breakfast is delicious with plenty of healthy choices, and the staff is polite and courteous!

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Elevator and ice machines out or order.

Elevator and ice machines out or order. Breakfast was a disaster. No staff. Internet total and final total off by a dollar. That adds up if you are doing this to everybody.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Great!

The carpet. Circa 1975? It glared at me like the first girl I ever broke up with, sullen and angry.

The people were great. The price was better than average by far.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Pleasant stay in clean and comfortable room.

Breakfast serving time needs to be extended past 9:00 am. Hall carpet needs to be cleaned or replaced.

Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was varied and ample. Maid service was very good- fixed( set proper time) on the alarm clock on bedside table which I appreciated.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Was just here for a night but it was nice and comfortable.

My room was on the fourth floor and the first thing I noticed once I stepped out of the elevator was the smell of cigarettes. It was pretty strong throughout the floor.

Beds were comfortable and everything seemed clean. Wasn't too expensive ($75-$125 range) for the included amenities and room size. I would stay again if in the area.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Great, clean well cared for location and excellent staff.

Not Diabetic friendly, no diet drinks nor food on site, be prepared to go 1/2 mile to Wslmart. Beds are new and to say overly firm is an understatement.

The staff were extreamly freindly and curtious. Very responsive yo any needs within their power.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Good price but not cozy.

The room didn't feel as clean as other properties I have used. Electricity did not work in half of the room so we needed to be relocated to another room.

The price was right and the complimentary breakfast was an added bonus. The location was good as well.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Could be better

I don't know what kind of meat that was on the breakfast buffet but it looked and smelled disgusting !

Nice and clean and a good location for dining and shopping

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

I definitely would stay here again. Maybe for my birthday.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was perfect except on checkout day, it felt like we were being rushed to checkout. The cleaning crew came by at 9am, 10am, 11:30am, 12:15pm. After I had already confirmed a later checkout time.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Great, just not my room.

My room, 325, was under the health facility,which is on the top floor, where someone each night felt the need to drop heavy weights on the floor. I tried to move my room but that was not possible the design of the hotel is seriously flawed.

Great staff. Very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Adequate
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The water temperature in the shower was all over, scalding to cold and back within seconds. The tub was gigantic and took almost 20 minutes to fill up for our kids bath.

24hr coffee bar was nice.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Great value & location

Workout room could add a bit more. For guests who want it, they will want more weights & options. Message is if you are going to do it, do it better!

Great service, good breakfast & 24 hr coffee. Perfect location and nice to see a pool that is more than just a small square pit with water!

Location was just where we needed it to be between colleges

Location was just where we needed it to be between colleges

Nice place to stay for visiting Duke University

The breakfast room is small and it's always full of people

The hotel is in a very good position, with a large parking area.

We stayed 3 nights and were comfortable!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Higher prices for graduation weekend.

Breakfast and our spacious room.

Excellent experience

The location was very quiet and clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. The breakfast they provided was mouth watering.

My husband and I had a wonderful time. The location is very close to places we wanted to visit

The bathroom needs to be updated. It is perfectly usable, but a little dated.

Staff friendliness

The bed was perfect

The bed was perfect

The bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast was not great. Runny eggs and stale muffins.

The bed was very comfortable.

The people and staff

The people and staff

i would stay at this motel again

i did not like the selection and the eggs was horrible

the room was clean and comfortable

The bed and pillows were very comfortable.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable.

I liked the location and the breakfast was good

Bathroom door slides and not well

I liked the location and the breakfast was good

Comfortable place to stay

Tub had hair in it that wasn’t ours

Nice people, great bed and pillows

It was clean and near the shopping areas.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was clean and near the shopping areas.

Toilet ran and the sink leaked

good overnight stay

Friendly staff, breakfast

Friendly staff.

Room temp hard to control.

Friendly staff. Good value. Family friendly.

Nice selection for breakfast, e.

Nice selection for breakfast, e.g. with warm omelette and bacon. Large, nicely decorated room.

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Needs a little tweaking in the Breakfast Area.

Coffee not so good. Breakfast Area and Food needs a little overhaul

Room good. Bathroom good. Bed a little firm . Pillows Good.

Great Value

Great Value

Get what you pay for.

Dated carpet, small bathroom.

Inexpensive

Very good value overall

Not enough healthy options. Eggs not very good

Breakfast not great

The hotel staff.food.price was awesome!!!!

Good hotel.

None.

The hotel was OK. We just stayed for one night and this hotel met our expectation.

E.njoy everything

Small bathroom and better latch on room door

Bed was comfortable staff was great, good location 📍

Excellent on all levels.

The room was extremely clean. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The breakfast had something for everyone.

Loved everything

I like everything

Everything was great

good

food

No complimentary breakfast.

No complimentary breakfast.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay with Comfort Inn and would highly recommend to others.

The location was ideal in that restaurants were next to Comfort Inn. The Inn is located is a safe area and the staff were consummate professionals.

Over all for as long as we stayed in our rooms for the money it was good

Breakfast —room needed to be bigger to accommodate people and the food

Value for going to Duke

Very nice workers

I saw multiple bugs crawling around the hotel and it reeked of smoke.

Very nice workers

Very very clean.

Very very clean. Lacks nothing. Very safe.

I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to aothers

Nothing everything was perfect

I did not make it down in time

It was a very nice hotel.

Very friendly service, the bed was very comfortable.

The trip was a quick overnight stay on my way to Georgia, love the location, will stay again

size of room

Great location, rooms small but beds were comfortable, breakfast was satisfying

Decent stopover point.

Pool not working and slight musty smell in room from ac unit.

Free breakfast with hot food options. Friendly staff and beds comfortable

Location, quiet

Smoke smell in room

Location, quiet

Nice hotel.. and clean

The payment system.. i didnt like the fact they messed up my payment.

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was decent.

Staff were very courteous friendly and professional

There was a roach in my room so I had to move to a different room in the wee hours of the morning

Staff were very courteous friendly and professional

Good

It was close to Walmart and Target and other restaurants. It was also close to where I was training.