Reviews of Motel 6 Van Nuys 3 stars

5.7

5.2

5.5

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room wasn’t really clean, my wife got some infection on the skin because of the bed

The room wasn’t really clean ,my wife got some infection on the skin because of the bed.

What I said above in a statement why I would not stay at Motel 6 again.

Nothing. The floors on the 1st/2nd level was extremely nasty. The bathroom look as though the non-speaking maids know how to clean it. The sheets on the bed was turned over and not changed. The floor in the room didn't look mopped or cleaned. The bed spread on the bed was nasty not changed. The heating system took longer to heat up the room. The front desk person was rude. Asked if they had housekeeping on the property? He hung up the phone. A lady was asking for help. He ignored her. I would not stay there again. A unhealthy Motel 6. The Hispanic maid I spoke to didn't understand what I was saying. The 1st floor looked liked someone might have bleed on the floor. Extremely unhealthy hotel. The Los Angeles Health Department needs to come out and close that hotel down or give a large fine for endangering the customers health.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Urine smell in the stairwell and there was dog poop on the stair landing along with a used cigarette butt on one of the stairs. I notified management. They took their time picking up the dog poop. They did not clean up the dog pee stain on the floor. The cigarette butt was still their when we checked out two days later.

The rug of the corridor smells pretty bad, the front desk staff aren't very helpful, the bathtub was clogged and water accumulated during the shower, making it uncomfortable. One day I left the maid service sign on the door and they just didn't cleaned the room; I went to the front desk to inform them about it and the staff was rude and they gave me no solution or compensation.

Motel 6 is always convenient, you know what to expect and the value for your money. No surprises staying at Van Nuys, room size is perfect, heater worked perfect as well, comfortable bed and good location.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was rude, super dirty. Cockroaches in the room. Smelled horrible. Beds were uncomfortable, blankets had cigaret burns in them.

Nothing, it was all bad.

The other residents were a motley sort of drunken bums, female prostitutes and lowlifes. Noisy, an odd smell, and other horrors await you. For a low-class "Redrum" style nightmare experience, the Motel 666 awaits.

If you've seen the movie 'Barton Fink,' this will give you an idea of the horrors that await you at this Motel 6, or, rather, Motel 666. American Horror Story: Motel. Blood drops on the wall, screeching people running up and down the halls, a 3am live rap concert, and a constant roar of street traffic. Not a single bar of soap in the bathroom, either.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We did not like that there was only one bar of soap, one face towel, one wash cloth and two very worn out bath towels. I joked with the clerk that it was the same towel I used a year before. Very worn out. We won't be going back. The price was outrageously high.

We liked that the room was clean. The staff was friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

would have liked to be able to check in earlier in the day.

Checking in was quick and easy. The staff is warm and friendly. Everyone from the front desk to the maintenance man made you feel welcome. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The air conditioner worked better than I could have imagined. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone coming to Van Nuys area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff so rude, had no clue what a customer service is or how to treat a decent family. Garbage all over, hallways dirty, smoky and smelly all over the motel, other guest noisy, feels like you arrive to drogyland, a gang of men's knocking on my door early in the morning, can't sleep, you can hear whathever is going on at the other rooms, this is a super noisy place, I feel harassed afraid and mistreated, rooms not clean well, the worse motel I ever stayed and pretty expensive, I really were expecting so much more cuz of the price.

The corridor and rooms smell. Sofa bed very old and you can feel the metal bar underneath. Bath is very old (yello stains). A lot of problems with the keys (every day needed to get new ones)

Good location, large rooms, quiet

First, they had no record of us in their system (I had a printed copy). We slept on top of the top sheet because there was hair and dirt on the bottom sheet. I informed the front desk the next morning. I wasn't fishing for a discount but he should have offered something.

It was cheap

The room quality was great, laminate flooring gave it an elegant feel. Good size refrigerator in the room allowed for breakfast items. Water in shower was hot almost immediately!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The guest on my floor were very loud and ghetto, there was also guest down in the parking lot being very loud after midnight and not once heard a staff member ask them to keep it down. I was unaware that this Motel allowed animals and there were two dogs that barking all night long.

I liked my room, it was clean, the front desk staff was helpful. But I'm not sure this is a place to go for piece and quiet resting.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn't like anything about this place, other than the fact that it was better than a park bench!

This place is very dirty, musty, alot of smoking, with holes in screens & people throw cigarettes out the windows.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not made up during the day. There were insufficient towels and wash cloths for two people in the room. WiFi service did not work on the ground floor room we had. Although we "had a nonsmoking room" There was still a smell of smoke from the furniture.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

couldn't connect to wifi at all other than that everything was great.

great location real close to shopping centers.check in was great never seen a person multi task so good.

Very noisy and the overall look the the room was not very comfortable. I had to leave a day early and was not given a refund and so $200 for a weekend there was absolutely not worth it.

The size of the room and bathroom was large.

For a pet friendly place there is no where near to walm my dogs. Other places ive stayed at atleast have a patch of grass for the dogs anx they also supply poop bags. O prpblem i brought my own bags and it was raining out anyway but - just saying.

Very nice staff room was clean didn't see not 1 single roach

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Wow. Ummmmm, be careful whom you stay next to, if you can. The cleaning staff is overwhelmed by the dicey clientele.

The front desk is very professional and has to deal with a ton of neighborhood crazies, it is Van Nuys, so I think they did a great job considering.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

I reserved this hotel for my parents. The man at the desk said "can i help you?" and then proceeded to unapologetically pick his nose. He gave us the room key. The hallways floors were filthy and reeked of cigarette smoke. Once we got to the room, it seemed fine at first, but my dad pulled back the blankets and there were black stains on the pillows and sheets. It looked like cigarette ash. Also, while their efforts are commendable, the sign at the desk reading "we report all suspected human trafficking" should be an immediate red flag.

The only good thing about this hotel is that they didn't charge us at all when we came back from inspecting our room and told them we'd be staying elsewhere

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

The parking is tight. There were no toiletries other than soap.

It was located near the site where we were filming. It was clean. We felt safe. A variety of places to eat were nearby.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

A little nosh in the morning instead of just coffee would be nice. For example, Howard Johnson in reseda.

The counter staff couldn't be nicer. THE MAID SERVICE WAS THE BEST.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Roomed smelled like cats and liter, and air conditioning was broken physically which caused a hazard for everyone, and it did not function well at all

Staff great!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

It had no continental breakfast as mentioned in the publication. Only coffee. unbearable smell in the hallway carpet. bad attention from lobby's personal.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we arrived the front desk gentlemen was rude. He told is to hurry and find parking because if we didn't find a spot, he'd show is where to park and we'd have to give him our car keys. Um, no. Our room smelled cat pee. Elevator was dirty. There was no shampoo and conditioner in the room.

It had beds and hardwood floors

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It was dirty, it stank only one hand towel on arrival, the wifi was non existent in my room(201) and to be honest I didn't feel safe at all. No way was this worth £200 for 2 nights, very disappointed, never again!!

Nothing it was terrible words can't describe!!

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

There was no remote for the TV AND there was no TOILET PAPER! Good thing I noticed THAT before I had to USE IT. The clerk at the front desk was happy to correct both quickly. Also, the price you quoted me was INCORRECT. The TAX RATE was off by a percentage or so, increasing the total price by about two bucks for the night. The flat screen TV did NOT have satellite service, just local cable channels. And one last item: Your description said the room had a coffee maker -- WRONG AGAIN. No such item. They "served" coffee in the lobby. One carafe. No cream, NO DECAF. Of NO VALUE to me. : (((

Refrigerator in room included a freezer compartment. Free parking behind an allegedly locked gate. However, it was open when I arrived after 7:30 p.m. and also open when I departed at 7 a.m.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The halls were dirty,the bathroom leaked, and it would leak down in the carport, the beds were so small, the 2 pillows on one bed smell like throw up, the towels were dirty and when I took them to the office I got stained ones in return. The second floor smelt like weed both day and night and when I told the office they said it was normal for the weekends. The worst place I ever stayed at. I would never go to that place again and I hope someone warns people! It was a lot of money for what I got. Never again will I trust booking. com

NOTHING!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 19 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The 2nd floor hallway smells cigarette, carpet was filthy, comforters have holes and worn. Attendants were not welcoming and friendly, answers questions straightforwardly, doesn't greet guest, they wait until they are approached.

Location is very good, close to almost all places we want to see. Rooms are very affordable. I like the wooden floors in the room.

Hallways were stinky. Contenental breakfast was just free coffee. Room cleaning was sub-par.

nice hardwood floors. Quite environment.

Pool was freezing cold, floors were dirty, sheets had cigarette burn holes in them...

No roll in shower liked I hoped

Nice man behind the desk

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shower had someone else’s hair in it. The outlet next to sink didn’t work

The tv was nice. Liked the fridge in the room.

Too long to list

The price a little high for the location

It had its fridge

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

even though my booking was confirmed the did not have my confirmation number nor my name in their system

Nice

No function wi-fi!!! It was very interesting for us and it was a big problem.

cleen

Motel was disappointing. Property was not clean, poor appearance.

Price was high for location

Everything halls dirty Ac loud noises

More rooms than parking spots. Looks like an old apartment building in a poor part of town. Price was good, parking was not.

Price

not so clean

location is good

This place was bad except for the pool. Unfriendly service, dirty and not the best area either. Do not stay here. I should get a refund

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place was very dirty.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were cockroaches everywhere, ants in the shower, outlets were loose, towels were dirty & noisy outside.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The tv was way too small and there was no cable.

The size of the room was extra comfortable and the bed was decent.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Everything nothing

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Felt old and dirty, even though it wasn't. Just overall somewhat unpleasant.

Pretty basic. probably won't stay there again.

good location plenty of nearby shop to choose from

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Hairs in the bed. Wifi didn't work.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was filthy and had stains on the blankets it smell horrible

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Filthy Room. Smelled like cigarettes. Found marijuana in the drawer. Holes in the sheets. Dirty towels.

Would never stay there again.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

The entire trip

Nothing it was the worst I've ever been to

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Staff was cold and unfriendly, no stopper for tub in bathroom, bed was hard.

Free wifi, tub was clean, room looked nice.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

All staff was very nice

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Bed bugs! Saw bed bugs on comforter and under.. could barley sleep.. never again

Close to a lot of locations

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Very dirty and smelled

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

the card key didn't work so well, kind of a hasssle

It was clean and kept that way,

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Everything very comfortable. Very clean quiet I'll for sure go back

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Make Breakfast

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not clean and it smelled not good for a family

Not a good place

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Dirty Bedspread. Pillows looked as if they had not been changed.

Value for money

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

filthy carpets in hallways, no in-room ammenities

clean linens

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Not clean enough

Pet free

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not sure what had been recently renovated but it certainly not a full renovation.

Nothing exceptional.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Every time we use the elevator was smelling weed

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

See above.

The staff was very nice and the room was clean. However the chest of drawers was missing the top drawer. I could not find any way of turning on the lights by the bed. There was no clock in the room. And worst of all it was very noisy. You could hear everything from the other rooms and hallway. I got up and left at 3am!

• Reviewed: 21 March 2016

There is a sign inside the lobby that says they don't allow human trafficking. That is your first clue as to how disgusting this place is. The parking lot had people sleeping in cars, working on cars or just hanging out waiting for someone. Like a bunch of friggen drug runs. The elevator smelled like someone smoked a bong minutes before we entered but still smelled the next day. There was a gross bed sheet outside the elevator and my kids joked about someone dying there and they were covering the blood. (it was urine) We had to sleep in sleeping bags on top of the bed as it was dirty and smelly. The room (we had 2 as we have a lrg family) was so stinky we had to keep the air on to be able to breath. It kept me up all night with the noise. My husbands room with the boys was the same except he said the bathtub looked like its never been cleaned. The pics and positive reviews are not accurate on booking.com

There was nothing I liked. We asked to get our money back when we pulled up but was told no. We contemplated just going elsewhere but we were unable to afford it. We should have slept in the suv.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2016

There seemed to be a lot of questionable activity going on. Common areas had dirty carpet and paint. Prominent sign that read "we report all suspected cases of human trafficking" kind of tells the story.

Room was clean. Staff was fine. Close to hospital and SCOI.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

Barefoot in the room (wood laminate) felt dusty and feet proved it was dusty. Party in and out of 4 rooms down the hall likely drunk singing songs for hours after 1am. I called desk to get them to stop it. Desk said had warn them if he had come up to them again he'd call the police. Heard him warn them again. Got very little sleep. Wake up call didn't happen fortunately I woke up on my own with 10 minutes after my requested call time. No pen in the room. Toilet didn't have a sanitized paper message strip on toilet seat.

When getting out of my car I'd swear there were two hooked walking away from the motel. Hard to even go in to stay the night.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

Bad location. Not enough parking spaces, located in a bad part of town.

Walls were thick enough for a quiet night's sleep. Free coffee in the morning was nice.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Since we waited last minute to book a hotel for Valentine's weekend, this was our only option. Unfortunately the entire building reeked of marijuana. The bedsheets were stained, the comforter was ripped. The only reason we stayed was because all the other hotels in the area were booked. The maid service were cursing in Spanish not realizing that I'm bilingual and understood their vulgar conversations. If that wasn't enough, the same night we left to go on our date, we saw trash bags and dirty wet towels on the outside of each room's door. That topped my disgust in the way this place is managed. Never again will I stay here. I'd rather pay double anywhere else than stay at this filthy motel! Oh, and the parking sucks! Don't get me started on the strange people lingering outside the motel doors!

The front office staff were friendly and just about the only good thing about this place.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2016

How it was setup...the building structure was all indoor. The parking lot wasn't all that big to park.Carpet smell like cigarettes in the hallways

The hardwood floors..the flat screen tv

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

THE ENTIRE BUILDING HAD A STRONG ODER OF CIGARETTE EVEN IN OUR NON-SMOKING ROOM, AND WHEN WE ASKED FOR ROOM SERVICE EARLY FRIDAY MORNING THEY DIDN'T COME UNTIL LATE SATURDAY MORNING. DID NOT HAVE AMPLE PARKING

FRIENDLY MORNING STAFF

There are also 25 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.