Reviews of Comfort Inn Woodland Hills/Warner Center 3 stars

20157 Ventura Boulvard, Woodland Hills, CA 91364 , USA

#6 of 9 hotels in Woodland Hills

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

The whole Hotel was under construction, I think the Hotel should tell you before you book, the pool was closed, jacuzzy was closed, and dust and workers all over the Hotel, very disappointed.

Room was very nice and clean, staff was very nice and friendly

Pottery was ugly. Dry rot in all wood structures. Was undergoing a renovation. Was never told

Nice room but was never told about the place being remodeled. Pool area was closed too

Some of the plugins that were meant to make things more efficient did not work. Not a lot of counter space in the bathroom.

I liked the modern look of the room and how open the bathroom was. The bed was comfortable.

Hotel is under construction and not mentioned on the website. Messy and unorganized. Pool and outdoor seating wear shut down. Shower heat was very poor. When I spoke to the clerk and mentioned that the website said or showed nothing of the construction he said yes the mangers knows but hasn’t done anything

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

The pool was closed due to construction. Would have been nice to know this prior to booking as it was a selling point. I'm guessing it's next on the list, but the exterior is worn and misleading. Glad we didn't judge this book by its cover.

Very close to Topanga state park. Much better drive through Topanga than 101 to 405 to get to Santa Monica, Hollywood, etc. Easy to get to beach. Target nearby if you forgot anything important. The bathroom is awesome and bed is very comfortable.

Exterior was a mess.

The room I stayed in was very nice. The room itself was large and had nice amenities. The bathroom was newly remodeled and the towels were soft - a rarity for a hotel chain like Comfort Inn. The exterior of the hotel was dirty & dismal. Maybe a facelift is in progress?

That the whole place was under construction and we weren’t advised before. We had a hard time getting in the parking lot and check in was difficult to hear for the construction. It worked for our short stay and staff were accomadating in a difficult situation. Just would have like to know before.

The new design is nice. The shower very nice , the bed comfortable. Loved the large mirro behind the door . Breakfast was nice but room to small.

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

Ongoing construction but will be great when finished.

Responsive to requests to not use perfumed deodorizer. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Beautiful room.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The road noise from the adjacent freeway was unacceptable. Requested a room change but unable to oblige. Stayed for 6 days and couldn't wait to leave to get a decent night's sleep. Breakfast was limited and served on paper plates and with plastic cutlery. Noisy aircon. Expensive for level of accommodation.

Free parking. Free WiFi. Daily maid service. Comfortable bed. Clean room.

TV doesn't turn down below level 15, That's a tad too loud for my liking.

Got a TON of sleep here, Right next to everything, the only problem I had was the processing of my credit card but that's going to happen from time to time. Still awesome though!

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

I would like to add a little more privacy between the shower/toilet part o the bathroom, y would put a door to divide it in two parts

The bed was comfortable nice and pillows just perfect:)

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The gentleman behind the counter on arrival seemed to be put out by our booking or at least the fact he had to serve us, to such a level he managed to give us a room that wasn't made up, in fact, it was still dirty from the last occupants. He grunted something in a language I'm not familiar with when we went back to sort it and another gentleman took over and sorted the correct room number and key, perhaps if the first gentleman had taken the time to finish his phone call and serve us properly it might not have happened the same man was on reception in the morning he didn't even look up when we entered the room for breakfast, I wasn't personal though because he managed to ignore all guests in there from what I could see, this and buiding work withstanding it was still a plesent night and I learnt a new skill in how to make waffles with a proper waffle iron thingy every day is a school day.

Our room was when we finally got the correct one was very clean and had everything we need for a one night stay. Parking is free and convenient we could see it from our balcony. Breakfast was okay not as good as other comfort inns we have stayed in. The find of the trip was a supermarket called Ralphs a short walk away this is where we decided to buy a picknick type meal and eat it in our room as the restaurants in the area seem conspicuous by their absence, I would shop all the time in Ralphs if we had one in my UK town

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It is located between a freeway and a busy street, but fortunately the fan covered most of the noise. There was plastic, so apparently they were working on the roof, and one of the stairways was closed for maintenance as well.

The bathroom was luxurious, with a pull-out magnifying mirror and dressing room. We enjoyed the outdoor hot tub. The included breakfast was decent.

• Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

A little bin to put your breakfast left over liquids into, before dumping the rubbish in the rubbish bin.

There were no croissant but the room had been refurnished very well and very recently. Big showerroom and good lighting, all facilties availble.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I check in on Wednesday evening 11/22/17 we were given our room keys went to our room the TV did not work the beds were a little soft but comfortable once I let the front desk know the TV did not work they switched us to another room the TV work but the beds were rock hard very uncomfortable in addition to this I always take valuables with me when I go out of town and I always always always leave the DO NOT DISTURB SIGN on my door. No matter the length of stay we went to do our outings on fri.11/24/17 i made sure the do not disturb sign was on my door. when we returned later that evening it was removed and my room had been cleaned all my belongings were moved to the table next to the door and the beds were made I went down to talk to the front desk Personnel the next day and she told me that it will be checked into... This is not okay for them to do this I had personal belongings in that room that I did not want mess with although I do feel some compensation should be given to me like crediting/refunding one night stay to my card I will not stay at this particular Hotel again

The price for the length of stay and the breakfast.....

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

It is very close to route 101 so if you're staying in the rooms at the back you will hear cars passing by all night

Good motel, with quality rooms, better than the average motel. Good breakfast.

Room had been remodeled but they didn't finish it. No toilet paper holder. No place in shower to set soap or hang towels other than floor, shower door would not stay closed, floors were black with dirt. We had to put down towels around the room so it wouldn't get all over. No vent holes for fridge so it over heated and had to be replaced, we had to prop cabinet door open so new one would cool down. Food at breakfast was poor quality, first time I couldn't use the breakfast buffet at a hotel.

That the pool was large enough to play in and not bump into other guests. Location was great! Bed was comfortable.

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

The property was under construction so we had no water for 7 hours one day. It was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel . They completely rutted the room next door and the noise was unbelievable. When we complained they told us we could leave but we would still we charged for the room.

The location was close to the freeway . The breakfast was good.

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

Check-in clerk - Tam - was insistent that, by giving us 2 dbl. beds instead of the king we had booked through Booking.com, we were getting a bonus because we would have 2 beds! After I became more urgent in tone, she came up with a king. A real travesty in welcome desk. The king was one of their newly renovated - poor quality workmanship & cheaply done. Also, they are on the freeway in back, so could hear traffic through the night.

Comfortable bed & pillows.

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

The Jacuzzis foundation was falling apart at the bottom so it scraped. Also, we were rudely awoken at 4am, 5am, 6am, 7am, 8am and right before we checked out by the phone ringing. And no we didn't ask for a wake-up call so it was really annoying that we couldn't relax on our last morning there.

The pool was heated and the Jacuzzi was amazing! The breakfast was exceptional and their was even a waffle maker. Also their was a Dennys right next door! There was a Ralphs, Starbucks, and subway right down the street as well.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

Room had smell of urine in the carpet. Bathtub was not quite clean. Old, Dingy looking inside. Price was unusually high for this inn. Some motel 6 or 8 are better.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Maintain the inner mechanics of the toilets better. Water was running because the seal and chain were old.

Always like staying here. Staff is friendly and the breakfast is great.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

The breakfast items could have changed a little bit every couple of days or something. The same food items were offered every day.

Very quiet and clean hotel. Located right off of the 101 for convenient access. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

Rooms were very clean and enough towels, etc., but wondered when the carpet was last replaced. Looked a bit tired and dark.

Parking was very accessible to building entrance. Pool area was nice, clean, and had good furniture. Security seemed well set all around facility (human and cam). Pillows in room were excellent and varied in firmness. Breakfast was upscale with good hot and cold foods options.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

1:30 in the morning a awful noise started it was a huge cleaning truck cleaning the floors at denny's next door. this went on until allmost 3am.

was allowed into the room early

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Front desk staff were nor the warmest group we encountered during our vacation. The microwave stand in our room was in dire shape and should be replaced. For the hotels information..there are some wallpaper seams separating ,which detract from the updates.

Location had great access to freeway. They appear to have made numerous updates to rooms. Our room was very quiet and very comfortable. The California shutters on the windows are a nice treatment. Booking.com price was much lower than the price being quoted to others checking in at same time. Will definitely consider this property as our first choice when visiting this area.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Carpet in room was filithy.three days no plastic cups.forgot to replace toilet paper we had to ask desk for it. Overall a dump..when you book through a third party you get the worst rooms verifed by the front desk...

Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

Water tap in our shower needed maintenance/replacement.

Almoust everything worked well. Some of the staff were very helpful ( we got an other room with less traffic notice) some others did just their jobb.

Toilet didn't flush , bathroom wallpaper falling apart, heater didn't work it cause room fire alarm to go off . Requested maintenance for bathroom and came back to see two holes in our walls.

Free breakfast, pool, AC

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

Couldn't find a way, or a person to, turn the jets in the jacuzzi on. Towel rack above toilet literally fell apart into 3 pieces upon the slightest touch. Fridge could have been a little colder inside.

Complimentary breakfast offerings was broader than I'd expected. Lots of TV channels. Pool was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

There was NEVER any ice in the ice machines. Are they broken? We finally went out and bought some. Also left 2 beach towels there and still waiting for a call back after 2 calls to you.

Hot breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Standard Two Queen Beds Non-Smoking

On checking in, the room hadn't been fully cleaned from the previous guest. Beds were made, but trash items left behind. When I went to talk to the front desk, the clerk apologized and noted that the report showed the room had been signed off by the housekeeper. Although people can make mistakes, this made me apprehensive about the thoroughness of the cleaning staff. We were immediately given another room. The next day, we left around 10am and removed our "do not disturb" sign to indicate we were out. When we returned at 5:30pm, housekeeping hadn't been to our room at all and I had to go back to the front desk to ask them to take care of it. We had to wait (thankfully the pool is nearby with covered tables) while they went through the room and replaced towels

Good breakfast selection (meat and scrambled eggs included with continental). Beds very comfortable!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

The carpet was unclean...my feet and socks kept picking up the dirt, but it's understandable that it would be difficult to keep the carpets clean (I'm sorry!)

Appreciated such an efficient air conditioner and the pleasant staff!! The breakfast was very good!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

It was a wonderful place to stay for a short visit to Los Angeles. Room clean and neat, breakfast was great, friendly staff and can't beat the price. Is our first time at a Comfort Inn and now we know we can stay there, anywhere we go. In one word, excellent!

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

My girlfriend did not like the eggs. The food area could be a little bit more roomy. People were kind of bumping into each other when serving themselves.

Staff was very friendly. Room was clean and organized.

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

Lots of remodeling going on, no gym, pool closed down, lobby was in fair condition but needs updates

Room was newly remodeled, nice and clean

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel exterior is very bad but the room was awsone

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

Limited hours of opening - had to hang around for checkout

Too close to highway

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

The oustside facility is a mess. That place needs some TLC on the outside

The room. The bed & sheets were very nice. The bathroom was very nice.

Construction and it did not feel super safe

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

The road noise was a little loud.

Close to where I was training. Liked the breakfast as one less meal I had to pay for on my trip.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Could have been cleaned a little better. They corrected the problem

Price

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff quickly accommodated me when I asked for another room due to continuous little feet pitter-patter coming from the room above me!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty cracked sidewalks, dirty elevator, noisy (facing freeway), crumbling walls and shower, frowning staff.

Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

No room service, part of the rooms are on the road side.

Cleanliness

Locations

Nearby houses /trafic

Really comfortable bed

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

That when a certain brand of yougart ran out they did not replace with same brand

Good choice of breakfasts and very comfortable beds

• Standard Two Queen Beds Non-Smoking

Food cold the second full bed against wall

Break fast was excellent

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

That was very clean room and personnel very friendly,good breakfast.

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

We didn't get bacon for breakfast

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

Filthy Very Old Chair In, needs to be disposed of!! Stained and Dirty!!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Standard Two Queen Beds Non-Smoking

Overpriced for the location.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Noisy road.

Proximity to shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

Comfy bed. Friendly staff, plenty of choice for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

The hot breakfast was cold one morning. No pancake/waffle batter all week.

Well cared for

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

Just tiny bit noisy during the day but tolerable.

Room was clean and welcoming, had a relaxing time. The breakfast was good & fulfilling.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Standard Two Queen Beds Non-Smoking

The dark colored carpet and upholstery made the room gloomy.

I liked the friendliness of the Filipino desk staff. They made us feel at home.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Can't think of anything.

Clean, comfortable, friendly staff and good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

No bacon at breakfast.

Evening staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Standard Two Queen Beds Non-Smoking

Clean and good breakfast. Location for us was great. Making reservations on my iPhone was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

Inside the shower the floor is way to slippery when the water is running. I almost fell a few times in the shower.

Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

The hotel is very closed to target and easily to find from HWY. The staff is very friendly

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

Outlet in bathroom was loose. Wouldn't hold the plug for the hair dryer

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

bathroom should have been cleaner. Other peoples hair on floor is a big turnoff.

muffins were good. coffee was good

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Good access to US 101 and to all main direction in LA

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

Toilets are waaaay too small. Bathtubs are slick as well.

Cleanliness of the rooms and the handicapped rooms are well equipped

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

High-speed internet

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Standard Two Queen Beds Non-Smoking

Staff not helpful .. We left some shoes behind and it took ages for them to come back to us .. And they did not find them ., really unhelpful

The pool

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

The staff. The air conditioner was cold, but noisy.

The breakfast was great. The pillows were soft and comfortable. Located right on the freeway.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

If there was something on the website that bicyclists are not allowed.

Went to check in and was refused check in because I had a bicycle

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

The breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Room - One King Bed

Staff on front desk were sometimes a little stand off-ish

Nice pool area