Reviews of Comfort Inn Downers Grove 2 stars

3010 Finley Road, Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA

#2 of 6 hotels in Downers Grove

Checking in is always a hassle because the computer program...

Checking in is always a hassle because the computer program is slow and glitches. Only1 out of 4-5 times did it go smoothly. Not a big deal but with today’s technology...? Shouldn”t take 10 minutes. And it has been 3 different ppl, so not the user.

Location was good.
    • Queen Room

There was a tile on the ceiling with stains in the hallway. The bed was damp when we got there. You could hear everyone around you because the walls were thin. Pool wasn’t open. They cleaned the room at 3pm.

Location was good. It was by serval nice restaurants and not a too far of a drive to Chicago. Breakfast was amazing. The staff was beyond friendly.

Not worth the price

My husband, our son and I had bug bites last night of our stay in Room 122. We have to catch an early flight that we didn't get the chance to complain about the problem. So disappointed

Convenient to restaurants

Room was clean,wifi worked strong.
    • Queen Room

Pool was closed. It was hard to find the entrance for the parking place. The sign was way too small, hard to find it.

Room was clean,wifi worked strong. Breakfast was ok.

Nice and quiet.
    • Queen Room

The whole place could use a little updating. But nice other than that. We couldn't hear any noise from outside of our room

Nice and quiet. The clerks at the desk was very helpful. Room was clean

The best part about our stay was when we left.
    • Queen Room

Went down for breakfast first thing in the morning. The eggs and ham was just brought out to serving table. They were cold. Why would you bring out cold food first thing in the morning. Our room never got cleaned. Went to notify management and they said they only clean rooms every 3rd day. So apparently people have to go down to front desk to get anything replenished from what was used the day before, coffee, cups, towels etc. We had our room on other side of hotel on 3rd floor. We parked next to back entrance for shorted route to room. We still had to walk all way back up front to get to elevator and then walk back to other side of hotel just to get back to our room. Mgt said to just walk up the stairs. I am not walking up 3 flights of stairs. Upon checking out, mgt asked how the stay was and told them I will not be staying here again. All they said was " Sorry " no compensation or any words of trying to encourage us to want to stay again. So best part of our stay was leaving.

The best part about our stay was when we left. Best part about the breakfast was the bananas. Plenty of parking in the lot. Probably because nobody would want to stay here twic

Older Comfort Inn but it's a good value!
    • Queen Room

It shared a parking lot with one huge steakhouse and another across a street. Too much smoke got into the first room I had but the room we moved to had better a/c and wasn't smelling of steakhouse! Thanks to Sandy and Laura at reception for taking care of us!

Easy access in and out and a lot of restaurant choices!

Quality of extra bedding was terrible, airco did not cool...
    • Queen Room

Quality of extra bedding was terrible, airco did not cool for the longest time, shower was clogged... the smell at the lobby was not nice like old fat.

Great stay Friendly staff
    • Queen Room

The only things I did not like was there is no elevator in the back section where I was and going up 3 flights of stairs with luggage was not fun. Also the toilet seat was too small for my 6'3 350 pound body.

Very good location. Easy access to many places to eat and shop. Also not far from parks and downtown Downers Grove. Good free breakfast every morning and the hotel staff were all very friendly and accommodating.

It's second time stay here, my supervisor had very good impression and very satisfied to stay here.
    • Queen Room

Friendly staff, bright breakfast area with several choices food. Rooms are clean and lobby area is quite big, always feel like been at home. WiFi is stable. Location is close to the highway, within 5 minutes can find Walmart for daily necessities supplement.

I enjoyed it

More variety at breakfast. Maybe a couple brands of yogurt, including Greek, more fresh fruit, raisin toast, etc

I loved the 2 pillows soft, 2 pillows firmer. And the sheets smelled great!

Pleasant place to stay overnight.

loud noise from adjoining room till late. rest of night was good. Breakfast was ok but very crowded. all the tables full and I was on a tight schedule. More room and more than one toaster or waffle maker might make sense.

A great value if you just need a clean place to sleep in the Chicago area.
    • Queen Room

The breakfast area was always crowded, so it was hard to find a seat. The eggs were gross - rubbery-looking and not at all appealing to even try. The lobby area lacked any kind of appeal for gathering/visiting.

The rooms were clean and adequate. It's a great value for Chicago-area accommodations. The location is convenient to the western suburbs and the interstate.

Bathroom facility was difficult however the bed was comfortable I did rest well.

The toilet ran and I had to shut it off to sleep. The first night the water would not go down the drain in the tub properly. That was fixed. The shower was weak because the water did not come through the shower head all the way. The tub was really narrow as well.

The staff was friendly

I was happy to get a room with short notice.

The pillows were comfortable, bed could be better. I kept hearing a spring when I’d move around while sleeping.

The rooms were clean, smelled nice and temperature was perfect.

Exactly what we needed. Close to the function we attended and easy to find.

Only the snow storm!

Had a problem with the refrigerator not working...we called the front desk and within 5 minutes they brought a different one up and replaced the bad one. Everyone we dealt with was very courteous.

Very clean the blankets and the pillows were very...
    • Queen Room

I don't think I got the right size bed

Very clean the blankets and the pillows were very comfortable. And I was surprised of the breakfast they had hot food I thought it would be all cold food

First time at a comfort inn and will not be back.

Halls were quiet, room was clean on arrival but missing runner at end of bed. I could never get clean towels and housekeeping seemed annoyed that I asked for it. Water was leaking from upstairs in the bathroom over the light. Breakfast was decent.

Halls were quiet, room was clean on arrival but missing runner at end of bed. I could never get clean towels and housekeeping seemed annoyed that I asked for it. I had to buy towels for a 3 night stay that had 2 washcloths on arrival. Water was leaking from upstairs in the bathroom over the light. Breakfast was decent.

Only if You Don't Care About Breakfast & Access

I stated it above...getting TO it and WHAT THEY CALLED BREAKFAST

It WAS clean and the location suited me. ..however, it was situated almost on a corner BUT IMPOSSIBLE to access except when heading south. It's actress is Finley FACING NORTH ON BUTTERFIELD ROAD. ..but coming from the south you have to to turn wrest, go 2 blocks down, taking a u turn and come back and head south to get into the lot. AND BREAKFAST WAS HORRIBLE. NOTHING BUT FAT AND CARBS. They DID have one attempt at protein. .a cubby side up egg HARD as a rock. Every morning it was the sane thing. Coffee was good.

Very bad experience and do not recommend this facility.

Management ... especially did not appreciate the rude attitude of the management when dealing with my concerns.

Noisy party all night long. Mattresses springs broken and need to be replaced. Mold in the bathroom. Rude management ... doesn't give a crap about your concerns.

This is a busy location that we have stayed at multiple...

This is a busy location that we have stayed at multiple times. Each time we have been very pleased. The hotel is clean. The staff is friendly, and the breakfast changes daily.

Wont stay again due to lack of responsiveness from management concerning bed bugs.
    • Queen Room

The bed bug I found in my grandson's bed and the lack of care from management. Still have not heard from a manager. Front desk associate was very nice and concerned- kept promising manager would call me- Never did.

Hotel staff nice, rooms comfortable, location good. Breakfast is minimal. I had trouble w/cost.

Appears there was a group in the hotel. Were a lot of people trying to get food when I got there at 8:00am on Sunday morning. Breakfast was very sparse and there didn't seem to be anyone really working to keep food/hot water/etc refreshed. I grabbed some instant oatmeal and a tea bag and did the rest on my own in my room. I didn't like that I had received a price reduction from Booking.com (after making my original reservation) - and had a new confirmation (which was great!) - which I printed and had in my hand. But the hotel could not honor it as all they had in the system was the original rate for the room and said I would have to pay the higher amount. He said he could have worked within the system if I booked through the hotel but that this happens all the time with Booking.com and he has no way to correct it. My only option would be to cancel the reservation, rebook on Booking.com and hope to get the lower rate (his current front desk rate was $18 more than my higher rate). I was clearly not going to do that. It was not a great introduction to the property or my visit. And I have had to go through MULTIPLE back and forth emails with Booking.com to request a refund of the difference.

Front desk staff was very personable even when telling me my bill would be higher than anticipated. Room was very comfortable. No complaints.

Pleasant and comfort to exceed my expectation!
    • Queen Room

Accounting records were out-date and reflected with numerous unwanted business charges on my credit card causing an obscene amount of charges with my institution. My recommendation is to confirm charges with business partners before seeking charges from the customer. It will prevent loss of customers and attract addition business in the future. At the end of each business transaction, the customer is always right!

Courteous staff greeting you during your stay to ensure the service received exceeded your expectation. Manager on site to readily willing to handle any discrepancies, if warranted. Healthy choice complimentary breakfast for all ages guaranteed to prepare you for your busy day. Thank you for all accommodation made during my stay!

The location is perfect for shopping, dining and hopping on...

Being right next to a busy restaurant, their patrons were parking in the hotel lot, making find spaces difficult

The location is perfect for shopping, dining and hopping on the expressway to get to downtown

Disappointing customer service

Called @ 4pm on day we were to arrive & desk attendant couldn't find reservation. Had to call you to call them to confirm. Card key had to be rekeyed everyday to work. Night desk attendant couldn't be found on 10/1 - was on break & was only person on duty. Had to call corporate c/s to send her a message that help was needed by 4 customers. Same thing happened on 10-2 but I went out & found her in her car to get help.

Room was nice. Bed was comfortable.

Couldn't wait to leave

Hard to identify main entrance to parking lot and main door at hotel. Map found in rooms is wrong as far as vending machines on what floors. Didn't stick around for breakfast.

Bed

These folks at Comfort Inn Downers Grove could just plain be scammers.
    • Queen Room

Why did this Comfort Inn charge me an additional $100 under the guise of "reserve for incidentals" which they have not refunded? Believe me, not a cookie from the mini bar was taken or a phone call made. This is highly irregular. If I don't get the $100 back, it changes this survey to "not a happy camper" across the board!

Find somewhere else to stay!
    • Queen Room

The front desk clerk at check in was completely inept. There was one guest checking in before us but she was trying to check in under a reservation someone else had booked (block of rooms for a wedding). This took over 1/2 hour to resolve, which is too long to wait. I felt this could have gone smoother if the clerk was empowered in any way to make decisions. Once it was our turn to book in, it turns out the clerk booked us into the same room as the guest before us, which then had to get sorted out. The clerk was in no way ready to be working on his own. Our friends had a worse time booking in later that evening, having to change rooms twice due to the disgusting shape the rooms were in. We stayed for several days, and having to get the attention of the clerk to buzz us into the building after 10 pm is a stupid system. Key card access should be installed. The morning we were checking out, housekeeping began knocking on our door at 8:00 am (we were still sleeping). I had a few choice words for her and the front desk. Housekeeping proceeded to go knock on all the doors on our floor at that hour.

Not much at all. It would be hard to have had a worse experience.

The maid service needs improvement.
    • Queen Room

The mattress was too soft. Our room was not touched till the last evening of our three night stay.

The receptionist was very welcoming, a very nice young lady .

I would definitely stay here again.

I think they were a little understaffed in the evening. We had trouble getting in touch with the front desk but no major problem

I was extremely please at the provisions for the cost. It was an excellent value.

Very nice property. I will definitely stay again.

I requested two beds and second floor. Received 1 bed on 1st floor. There was nothing else available.

The property was clean, staff was efficient. My kids loved swimming.

Beds were comfortable.

First room the carpet by the AC unit was soaking wet and it smelled like mold. Second room was much better, still a bit of an odd scent. Breakfast was okay, same thing every day I was there. They didn't do a great job of keeping up with the hot food or the coffee.

Beds were comfortable. Black out curtains were really helpful. Bathroom was remodeled and looked very nice. Water pressure was good.

I would stay here again! Great value!

Breakfast service. It was busy coming down at 8 AM and they were out of eggs & sausage which is what I'm guessing was in the service trays. Also, milk needs to be kept cold submerged in ice would help or served from a cooler.

Just overall a great value considering the price. Clean rooms; excellent WIFI connection; nicely equipped gym and close proximity to restaurants and shopping. I would stay here again!

There was problem with the room key but after an hour it was...
    • Queen Room

Getting a second key that didn't work but the desk clerk used the master to let me into the room. She tried to reset the code numerous times without success. To be honest it almost became a joke therefore I just took it in stride. Once the manage returned to the building about an hour or so later he helped to get the key card recoded. Good Trip to the

There was problem with the room key but after an hour it was corrected. The young lady that worked on it was very polite. She even lent me her own bottle opener from her keychain so I could open my beverage. I had my own food for breakfast in my room but I did go to the breakfast area to get coffee. The pool area was a pleasant place to just chill out and enjoy the sunshine. Yes, the complex is old, my room was recently redecorated and very nice.

A great value for money hotel

The staff were professional and very helpful. The facilities were overall good. The breakfast was very basic. The cereals and cold foods were good, but the warm foods (eggs, biscuits, gravy) were medium quality. There was a waffle maker and that was excellent!

I think there was a group of 40 kids that were in a dance...

I think there was a group of 40 kids that were in a dance team- they were running up and down the halls until 2 in the morning- I think there should be a time where people are in the room and quiet

Excellent!
    • Queen Room

There was one thing. They need more luggage carts. They only have one. I'm a lady and that luggage was heavy, I literally had to make two trips to my car. I was on the 3rd floor.

The staff at the front desk was so professional. The Manager Kristi and her new associate was very accommodating! I had a minor issue with a bug that flew in my room and Facilities was there to rectify the situation right on spot! Thank you.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Quick trip

I requested a quiet room and was right off the elevator. Crazy loud and hard to get any work done with the noise. My previous front desk experience was to assign rooms after acknowledging requests.

It was close to where I was attending a meeting.

Glad it was on the lower end of the price structure.
    • Queen Room

The walls are thin. You could hear almost everything. The wake up calls we requested never happened - told the front desk about that - they said, sorry. The entry into the motel is very difficult to see if you are going by address. The street address enters into a Brazilian Steak House and we went by the supposed address 3 times before we realized where we were - very confusing.

The breakfast was good. The Belgian waffle machines actually worked the way they are supposed to work.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The experience was convient and easy.

The experience was convient and easy. The bed was comfortable and it did the job it needed to. The excellent part was by the staff in the morning when I woke to my car battery being dead! The staff was wonderful and helpful!

For the money, the room was clean and quiet.
    • Queen Room

The breakfast area could have been kept cleaner. The tables were never bussed as people left.

For the money, the room was clean and quiet. The staff was welcoming.

Owners need to get better maintenance, and better staffing.
    • Queen Room

Couldn't get the phone or the fridge fixed or replaced all weekend. Sunday's breakfast bar staff was nowhere to be seen.

Saturday's breakfast bar staff. -

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Hard to find, but decent.
    • Queen Room

Missed the parking lot entrance the first time because it wasn't well-marked. Needs a larger sign.

Breakfast was amazing. Different hot meals every day, good coffee.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Great value!

I would like to have had a larger bathroom, but I understand that they can't be that big in a value hotel. A bigger television in the room :)

One of the ladies at the front desk was very helpful. She was a young, Hispanic lady with long black hair. We checked in on Sunday and booked the wrong day, but she did everything she could to help us resolve the conflict. The breakfast was good. The restrooms were clean.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

$59 bucks for a queen bed & awesome location? Yes please!!
    • Queen Room

The towels are really dry and rough. When the neighbor ran the shower it sounded like the water was running in our own bathroom which was a little annoying.

The room is small but very cozy. The shower tiles are modern and the bathroom was really clean.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

The front desk people were so friendly and helpful!

During our four night stay, housekeeping only cleaned our room once. It wasn't until our last morning there had they knocked on our door 3 times.

The front desk people were so friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

They had a great breakfast in the mornings.
    • Queen Room

Tv did not work. Walls very thin. Listened to another couple having sex both nights.

They had a great breakfast in the mornings. Staff was friendly. Bed was very comfortable. Lots of outlets in the room.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Clean room bed was ok as far as comfy goes.

Didn't like same breakfast every morning ...no menu for TV channel lineup up staff had no idea how to access or if it even existed.

Clean room bed was ok as far as comfy goes.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Good value for money

Although the room was cleaned every detail, some details were not paid attention to (trash left under the table).

The staff was helpful, room spacious and clean, bed comfortable, amenities (fridge, microwave, hair drier...) available.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Great value, updated, very comfortable.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast was okay, but so much sugar & gluten. A less sugary yogurt would be good. Some granola. I had boiled eggs, a plain donut, orange juice, coffee. The cooked eggs were strange looking. I must eat differently than most!

They had obviously renovated in the last few years; the bathroom had the most gorgeous granite. Very quiet & comfortable. Nice staff. Would recommend it to anyone needing a hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The breakfast was good and staff kept the food items stocked...
    • Queen Room

Some minor repairs are needed. Our closet door would not open and the exit door near our room scraped the overhang.

The breakfast was good and staff kept the food items stocked well. Our room was very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

OK....good value
    • Queen Room

Failed to service my room......so difficult to get an explanation......promise to leave one on my mobile......none left.

Breakfast good......young lady at reception helpful....(Shirhken?)

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Little pillows but no problems

Pillows a bit too small...and the bed was a little on the tough side. I know the bed is just personal preference though.

Location was very convenient. A lot right around.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Clean and comfortable
    • Queen Room

The wifi password was incorrect in the room guest book, and it was late when we discovered it so didn't call the front desk.

The bed was extremely comfortable and breakfast was good - especially the belgian waffles.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

awesome stay

No smoking rooms I did not mine smoking outside because the weather was great

Employees made my stay very comfortable.housekeeping,front desk service,breakfast host they were above and beyond.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Do not recommend. Rude staff!!
    • Queen Room

The host during out check in was very rude and disrespectful. He had no name tag and his shirt unbuttoned half way down to his chest. When asking for the wifi password I got a reply as follows,"it's on the room key, I should read before I ask." Will never stay here again. As a young couple we felt very unwelcomed, may be because we are a minority. The room was on the 3rd floor and vending machine was broken. The air condition made loud noises throughout the nighta. But that's where it ends. I hope someone at comfort inn or choice hotel would take notice of this.

The bed Water pressure in bathroom Room size was decent

Good location and people were nice and plenty of places to go to eat.

The bed was sooooo comfortable

The bed was sooooo comfortable

Great Bed

Great Bed

Great time and a great staff😃

The front door needs to be a double door for ease of entry with multiple suitcases.

The staff were wonderful and helpful and the breakfast was great!

Cleanliness and comfort were very good.

Crowded on Saturday and Sunday.

Cleanliness and comfort were very good.

Tween convenient inexpensive

The bathrooms are teeny tiny, in some of the rooms the mattresses are needing replacement.

Tween convenient inexpensive

Convenient.

The breakfast

Didn’t see any eggs

Overall it was an okay experience.
    • Queen Room

Carpets were dull and drab.

All in all it was an ok hotel for one night.

Our first room smelled like stale smoke, and had black mold on the ceiling.

The staff was very welcoming. Breakfast was great!

Its in a great location close to everything

Great! will return.

Breakfast ok.

Room nice and clean, staff great.

Very cozy easy to navigate and good lil breakfast

Absolutely nothing it was great

Very cozy easy to navigate and good lil breakfast

My stay was nice.

The hot breakfast that Saturday morning not everyone eat ham.

The staff most.

Room and bathroom were very clean.

It is close to highway, so it is loud.

Room and bathroom were very clean. Also breakfast was appropriate.

• Queen Room

The small room and the phone was not working, the front desk girl

Stay was pleasent. Quite rooms never heard any noise from other guest.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast was a little cold. Did have a lot to choose from

Staycation

Nice and clean....nice room

Real fast could use a little more attention.
    • Queen Room

Real fast could use a little more attention.