Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port 3 stars

1800 South Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316, USA

#89 of 131 hotels in Fort Lauderdale

• Traditional Queen Room

Took a while for staff to provide service, but was good once provided. There was what looked like dried food on the sofa and floor. Cleaning staff can do a better job.

Bed was comfortable

• Traditional Queen Room

Pillows sucked. Extremely soft and offered no support. Other than that no other really negative things. It was a good stay.

Stayed for one night before going on a cruise. It's about 7 minutes away from the airport and also the cruise port. Really good location as there are a lot of different options to eat or shop around the area, walking distance. Ana at the front desk was very polite at check in and Jazmen was really nice helping us with luggage storage. The room was clean, big and comfortable. Overall really nice place if you're looking to be close to the airport or cruise port. Close to the Embassy Suites and Ft. Lauderdale beaches too.

• Traditional Queen Room

we were under the impression that there would be complimentary breakfast as advertised, but to our surprise there wasn’t. Traveling with the children this was one of the reason i booked the hotel, however very disappointing to learn there wasn’t.

The pool and cleanliness was good.

• Traditional Queen Room

The main drawback was that it was SUPER DUSTY in the room. My allergies acted up almost immediately after getting to the room.

Bed was very comfy and it was perfectly situated between the Fort Lauderdale airport and the port our cruise left from.

• Traditional Queen Room

before booking called to ask if i can take in my dolly with 40ft hotshot trailer was told yes there was a parking for that to the right and yes there is parking but not in good conditions it was very hard for me to go in very muddy and harder to get out

everything good worth the stay

• Traditional King Room

I booked a room with two beds, we go one bed and a pull out loung that nearly crippled me, it was by far the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on and we were told to make it up ourselves which I did not appreciate after paying top dollar and after a long flight from Australia. The staff were not the friendliest and were just ok.

The location was pretty close to the cruise terminal and not to far from the Airport.

• King Room - Disability Access

Too much going on in hallway - to late. The handle is sticky to the closet. Room just didn't feel right.

The staff was good.it was close to the airport. The food was good.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The smell of urin, the elevator was slow,front desk was not accommodating the person in the breakfast area appeared Racist

Nope the bed skirt had stains

• Traditional King Room

Being put on hold for 10 mins while trying to request the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. We ended up taking an Uber.

Room were modern and the beds were comfortable.

• King Suite

We had a king suite and it looked like the room was under renovation or something because there was no television in the living room, only the bedroom. Room 602

the bed was extremely comfy and bartender Leslie was awesome too!

• Traditional Queen Room

All the pillows were soft, did not have a choice for support. Needed more beer, at the beer tasting.

Bed was definitely like a cloud! Great TV and appreciate that was movable. Nice pressure in the shower. Location was just a couple of miles from the beach. The lobby and bar area were beautiful. Really enjoyed the beer tasting and snacks.

• Traditional King Room

I have more than ten years in Property Maintenance, so quite naturally I went about inspecting the room. Maintenance has lapsed. Viz, some hinges were painted and others not. (Hardware should be unpainted to enhance appearance.) The screws in the faceplates did not have the slots aligned, some were horizontal, some vertical and some slanted. The signs hanging on the entry door handle hid the deadbolt, I think placing them on the doorknob leading to the bathroom is more effective. There were mixed type of bulbs in the room, CFL and LED which gave off different glow. The room was standard, very clean. Maintenance, however, needs to pay more attention to details.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Carpet was dirty. Cleaning staff very slow in actioning daily service of room.

Bed comfortable but very high off the floor. Reception staff very pleasant and helpful.

• Traditional Queen Room

This was a Comfort Inn that was taken over. I was expecting a Sheraton. Overall it was a good price for a one night stay after a cruise. It is on a busy road so ask for a parking lot room it was noisy. Bed was soft and mushy.

Staff was great. Shuttle service to airport was a plus. Pool was nice, walking distance to restaurants.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Service attitude and incompetence of the reception staff Poor cleaning of the room ( carpet ) For that kind of price one would expect quite much more

Spacious room & bathroom Service & staff at the Bar in the evenings

• Traditional Queen Room

The breakfast was not good and our window would not close all the way in our room. You could hear noise from the street. They quickly switched our rooms.

Location to the port and shuttle service.

• Traditional King Room

We stayed at the hotel on our trip for a cruise. The hotel was great, picked us up at the airport and took us to our ship the next day. Excellent facility, great staff and the local area is great. I would stay again on my next trip to Fort Lauderdale.

• Traditional King Room

Elevators were not functioning and had a long wait before they were fixed and could get to our room. Cocktails in the bar were extremely expensive. The advertised happy hour and complimentary hors d'oeuvres was very disappointing.

• Traditional King Room

When I called from the airport for the shuttle the front desk agent Lorenzo answered and put me on hold before I could say a word and never came back on the line....3 times! I ended up paying $20 for a taxi when the shuttle should have picked me up for free. When I got to the hotel and was checking in the phone rang and he did it to 3 different people while I waited for the person in front of me to be checked in. When it was my turn I told him about the issue and he shrugged...literally, shrugged and said "sorry" He had an indifferent attitude to say the least. As well they required a deposit for incidentals even though I was checking in at midnight and had an 8am flight. I think that's ridiculous considering there wasn't anything to spend money on at that time of night! Bad customer service to say the least.

the bed was awesome! the room was nice and big and the bathroom was big also.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

computer check in system was screwed up and took 45 hours to 1 hour to check in with 1 person ahead of me in line....Crazy!!!!

Great location...close to FLL Airport

• Traditional King Room

The room was clean and comfortable with a soft mattress. There was a couch in the room and a nice TV properly placed. The location was perfect for my trip.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Better than ever now that the place has been refurbished. WiFi could be a bit faster for VPN usage but it's free and stable so there is absolutely nothing to complain about.

• Traditional Queen Room

200 character recommended review length? OK you will get the abbreviated version: Check-in 20+min. Door to room would not open. Maintenance opened the door by using forceful shoulder bump. Found water leak from the room above? There is more but I have used up my 200 characters

The staff made a gallant effort to put a positive spin on an older hotel in need of some renovation.

It wasn't nothing bad. The location . The bathroom to small

The staff was very nice an helpful. The room was at its right temperature . The view was nice a well

• Traditional King Room

We were charged too much for our room and never received a refund. Our room we stayed in was absolutely filthy. There was a fake nail in our room, hair all over the bathroom, nail clippings on the side the bed, dust on all surfaces, black goo on the floors, toothpick and bottle cap behind the bed. I took pictures because it was so disgusting. We were supposed to receive a discounted rate for the inconvenience but ended up getting charged twice. When we showed staff they said we would be refunded in 3-5 business days. We have yet to receive our money and it has been three weeks!

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Even though it was under construction. There was no carts to help us with our bags no stuff to help us with our bags it was just very unprepared anf very unprofessional.

Nothing....Most of the time there was only one staff member on duty which meant for 20 to 30 minutes they would disappear. We kindly ask for an extra pillow due to my disability we never received it. There were no amenities in the room knows soaps and shampoos nothing.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms are reconstructed, but work quality is low. Booking.com sold me package including breakfast. Actually there was no breakfast. Neither desk clerk nor booking.com dont dont replied in one working day.

Rooms are clean.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Grand opening had no power in areas, no a/c in room, un finished bathrooms with holes in walls, elevator that barely worked , construction EVERYWHERE!!

Staff was great, props to mister rashad, he was very helpful and kind

• Traditional Queen Room

The hotel felt dingy especially the hallway lighting. Walls were thin and I could hear too much noise from the hallway. I waited over an hour for the free shuttle and was put on hold twice for over 15 minutes when trying to book the shuttle. I waited another hour to check in after a long day of flying and a missed flight...it was exhausting. The room had a strong musty odor to it. breakfast was slim to pick from.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The catering staff was rude and unhelpful at times. On the morning of my departure I observed that at 9.30am most of breakfast food was nearly gone and at 9.40 people was left without breakfast as it was all gone which clearly is not good enough. If breakfast finishes at 10am I would expect to be able to have something of my choice fron the menu to eat at 09.55 I don’t think that’s expecting too much.

The reception staff was excellent and could not do enough for you.

• Traditional King Room

The front desk person Rashad he was not nice he talked down to us... very rude and NOT HELPFUL especially to people of color!

I like how they had a place for us to store our luggage cause the room wasn't available when we arrived to the hotel. They said they had moved there 2days before we had arrived. The front desk person Tabithia was EXCELLENT SHE WENT OUT OF HER WAY TO HELPING MAKE OUR STAY AS COMFORTABLE AS POSSIBLE! Both van drivers was really helpful.

• Traditional King Room

Hotel was under construction , I tried to check in a little early to get changed for a meeting . Was told I would be contacted when one became available and never received a call . Hotel was not sold out. Next morning, I was checked out 1day early, the front desk associates we’re having a work issue that made it uncomfortable to have a cup of coffee, but they did recheck me back in without issue.

Room and bed comfortable

• Traditional Queen Room

The major renovations in progress made a mess of things including the shutdown of one of the two elevator at times.

Front desk staff were friendly. The floors were laminate which does not retain smells and mold like carpet. Cleaning staff were very helpful. The location was very convenient.

• Traditional Queen Room

The service was terrible. First the guy that i was contacting to take the suttle was very rude and turned off the phone twice while i was still calling and didn't gave the info of how long the suttle takes to arrive. I spend an hour waiting for the suttle in the airport. When i arrived there he complicated with thw forms of payment given i could not pay online with the reservation. He was a short guy that speaks Russian and noticeably he didn't want to work. It took me over 3 hours to get in my room since i was waiting for the suttle, and the hotel was only 10 min from the airport.

The hotel was confortable and close to the airport.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Shuttle from the airport was not good We were waiting 50 min.when the ride it self to the hotel about 10 min total.

Nice and helpfull staff.Good for the night before cruise.Didint take shuttle to the port.They charge 6pp.We took a taxi instead It cost 8+tip=10$ .

• Traditional Queen Room

Sink leaked onto new vanity, we placed our towels under it overnight. Ice machine not working. No visible lobby. Telephone not connected beside bed.

Upgrades in progress. Airport shuttle a bonus. Clean room. Staff extremely helpful.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I hated the loud lady employee in the lobby chatting excessively with her fellow workers. Her voice was loud and it shreaked and I did not enjoy hearing the disturbance while eating the breakfast. I think you should Shut that dam loud lady's mouth in the lobby. She wore a blue uniform. She spent over 20 minutes of hanging around 2 mornings in a row.

The eating area was clean, and well stocked. The lady taking care of the breakfast area was nice and she was very polite. The front desk men were polite.

• Traditional Queen Room

I went there because I understood it had free shuttle to the port, breakfast or lunch box ,free wifi and it was near to the airport. When i arrived they told me that there was no free shuttle to the airport and it costed 6 usd. There was no breakfast or lunch box at the time of my departure and there was only internet in the lobby. Furthermore in the room the ceiling dropped water.

• Traditional King Room

Its unfair to judge,since during my stay the hotel was refurbishing damages due to the recent hurricanes.The staff were all very nice,the room was clean

• Traditional King Room

Under construction. Fans in hallway on floor we were on. Wondering if fallout from hurricane Irma. Otherwise room was clean and very pleasant. Staff was great!

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Waited 25 minutes at the airport for shuttle then when the driver arrived with the hotel logo on the van, he asked which hotel we were going to. When we told him the Airport Cruise Port Inn and pointed to the logo, he said he didn't know which one that was and I had to provide the exact address since there were many hotels in the area. He was not friendly and put a damper on the beginning of our vacation. Photos on website looked much nicer than the actual properly. They were obviously undergoing renovations which should have been shared prior to arrival. Called twice and confirmed a king bed which was also confirmed at time of check in but when I got to the room there were two queen beds. Went to breakfast 15 mins before it closed and they were already taking away food so didn't get to enjoy it.

Staff was decently friendly. Did upgrade us to a suite when the room we were checked into was incorrect. Used my name as soon as I entered the hotel.

• Traditional King Room

The first room I got was leaking, buckets everywhere. Room was changed to another which also had buckets due to a leak. There were no other rooms available after that. Matter reported and I'm still waiting for a manager to at least write an email to offer an apology. No discount was given either in my stay. The eggs were powdered eggs- horrible. Poor wi do in lobby area

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great beds, great bathroom, great tv and comfotable rooms.

Great room, comfortable beds, and great tv. Bathroom was very nice and clean. I disliked that it was hard to find a cart to carry our bags and no staff member could help us. The day we arrived the front desk woman was no very professional. Breakfast could be much better in a better more spacious room. Great location near the airport!

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The lobby is going under construction right now. They had problems with the TV cable since they were doing some maintenance on it. We didn't have cable those nights. There're construction workers everywhere and all day. But once you are in you room, it feels calm and clean.

Rooms were mostly clean, bed were really confortable

• Traditional King Room

Staff was nice but the workers doing the remodeling were rude and sketchy. I didn't have an issue but it didn't seem like it would take much.

Close to the airport and good for a night before or after your cruise. Wouldn't stay for an extended period. They are remodeling so it may be better in the future. Rooms are clean and lots of restaurants are near by.

• Traditional Queen Room

after the renovations are finished this place will be much better

Breakfast had many options and all were nice, staff was very helpful especially considering Hurricane Irma's proximity and the pending evacuation. I truly believe this was a great value with the shuttle service and breakfast included.

Can't think of anything that I didn't like 😉

The things I liked most were the cleanliness of the hotel and also how helpful and friendly the staff was there.

• Traditional Queen Room

Shuttle didn't run on time to airport, was like 20-30 minutes late. It was ok for me because my flight was delayed but if not, would have been anxious!

Staff was very friendly!!! Informative, helpful!

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wi-Fi was really bad and kept disconnecting, Pollo tropical signal across the street was stronger. Lobby extremely small with limited seating for breakfasts since they are still remodelling. Sent them an email to see if they could help if possible with disable person, never returned the call. Website promised you will pay for room at the location, that never happened. I was charged full amount before we arrived at the hotel. Very noisy road (US1) during the weekend nights if you are trying to sleep. Try to stay on the east side of the building of possible, not facing US1. On our last night the A.C. fan stopped working on high setting, after turning it off few times, it stayed on mid setting. When you call the lobby, they don't know where the call is coming from. Hotel staff will ask you your room number. Out of the two phones in the room, the one by the bed was not working. Not enough space to sit for breakfast, maybe 10-12 tables with chairs to sit and they were all taken every morning.

Beds were really comfortable but too high for for mom, room and bathroom very clean, and location was excellent walk distance from restaurants, shopping center.

• Traditional King Room

Under construction Our flights back to Texas were cancelled due to hurricane Harvey so we needed something quick and cheap near the airport. This more than sufficed. Once the reno is done I'm sure this will be a much nicer hotel.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They had NO breakfast take away bags for the early check out guest as stated in their online website. NO GOOD, NO GOOD.

The FREE shuttle to the Airport was the BEST thing.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel is going through major refurbishment which I don't think is publicised. Poor facilities and the front desk was not amazingly helpful!

The room was good.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like the fact that they were renovating during our stay. There was a mix up with the room where another person was assigned to the same room we stayed in. I also didnt like how I had to keep going to front desk to have the key programmed.

The bed felt so so good. The staff was very nice.

• Traditional King Room

Room TV didn't work, notified staff, no follow-up. Too much construction. Close and reopen when completed. Breakfast not offered/available to early travelers.

Airport pickup and drop off. Glad I only stayed one night

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel was undergoing renovations which would have been nice to know when I booked it.

The price was right for our overnight stay and it was a short ride to the airport.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Traditional King Room

Upon arrival at the airport, you call and let them know you're ready to get picked up. You wait about 30 minutes and when they show up there's so many people trying to get on this van that it's ridiculous. I believe the van works more than 1 hotel. The second time we stayed here we rented a car. Much easier.

The clerk at the desk was extremely helpful and courteous. The room was clean, we had a decent breakfast available every morning. The location was ideal for airport. Plenty of restaurants close by, within walking distance, and a Walgreens next door for any ailments.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

front office staff could be more knowledgeable, lots of remodeling going on understandingly causing some minor issues but still could have been better handled to prevent others

• Traditional Queen Room

Messy from construction. Awful- this place should be closed until renovation is complete. I would never recommend this hotel. False advertising saying it was a Sheraton Four Points- no way. Total rip off. Lobby was dusty, no grout on floor, uneven surfaces that made it a trip hazard, plastic sheeting, boards covering entrances. Absolutely nothing was ok with the condition. Room was ugly, ceiling had water damage, the fridge was broken, toilet didn't flush properly, shower water ran very hot, or ice cold. The desk chair had duct tape on one corner to repair a tear. Really? Staff- pleasant enough but definitely not qualified as the gal couldn't answer why I was not not told this place was under construction. She was supposed to have a yogurt or something for me since I was leaving at 5am and the reservation said I would be getting a breakfast and they had a to-go option. Nope. Nothing. The shuttle van said Holiday Inn express. The hotel is in a sketchy area/the people hanging around outside were a bit questionable. (I'm trying to be nice here.) Outside was filthy, temp signs placed on walls- elevators one direction, the so called lobby thru another door -not even a lobby, it was a temp desk in the dining area. I'll also never use Booking.com as the property they described was NOT accurate. Not even close.

Proximity to airport is the ONLY thing going for this place.

• Traditional Queen Room

The hotel has been under construction for two years. I asked the desk clerk if they were really open it was so torn up. Thankfully, the room was complete and clean.

The price was great!

Under construction. Rude staff. Arrived at hotel with them telling me I had booked 3 rooms, not 2. Charged my room prior to arrival, not just a pre auth, but entire amount was charged prior to leaving. Hotel refused to switch a second room to a different card, blamed on booking.com. Business center is a printer in lobby. Towels were given to guests from a cabinet in behind desk. At one point, no staff at desk for at least 15 minutes, with phone ringing off the wall and guests arriving. Taking shuttle from airport was difficult, all vans coming are white and had to call hotel twice to verify they were coming. Wifi did not work. Work out room was unavailable. Breakfast area felt dirty due to construction.

The butter. Rooms were adequate, clean and comfortable. One employee, Denise, was driving the shuttle and was awesome.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was very uncomfortable. I booked a double and got a king with fold out bed, asked for pillows for fold out bed and was told they were out. In the morning the breakfast bar still wasn't open when we left at 7:15.

• Traditional King Room

TV was not working, poor quality on any channels that you could get, and most not working. Like going back to the 60's! Nice flat screens. The hotel was undergoing SERIOUS remodel, and was shocked to see temporary lobby, with plastic covered flooring, only one elevator operational, tile unfinished, uneven flooring, and yet the staff was apologetic, positive and helpful. No one should find out upon exiting the shuttle that the hotel is in such disrepair. Yet, amazing staff, especially the head of house keeping. What a smile, what a lovely attitude and a delight to be greeted by Chandra.

Great bed. The hotel was undergoing SERIOUS remodel, and was shocked to see temporary lobby, with plastic covered flooring, only one elevator operational, tile unfinished, uneven flooring, and yet the staff was apologetic, positive and helpful. No one should find out upon exiting the shuttle that the hotel is in such disrepair. Yet, amazing staff, especially the head of house keeping. What a smile, what a lovely attitude and a delight to be greeted by Chandra.

• Traditional King Room

This place is being renovated into some SHERATON so there's a ton of construction going on. More than anticipated and you have to walk from one end to the other outside to reach your rooms. The breakfast is not really what I would call a Good hot breakfast. Their juice machine was out of service and the eating area has no music or ambiance. So you and like four other couples sit awkwardly trying not to talk over each other just to enjoy something other than dead silence. Thank god someone started a vacuum somewhere to pick up some of the saw dust. The shuttle only runs at the top of the hour to the airport. Not impressed with the staff here. Nobody is really excited to do anything seems like a bit of a ghost town at the moment.

The room itself was decent as an overnight guest but nothing more.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I paid for food and did not get food

The booking was supposed to include breakfast lunch and dinner the hotel being completely under renovation had no facilities except for a partial breakfast bar

• Traditional Queen Room

Lots of construction on the property. Felt like the pictures on the website misrepresented the property.

Staff was very friendly; property was relatively clean. Accommodations were comfortable. Breakfast was good.

• Traditional Queen Room

Not that it could be helped but renovations were being done on the ground floor/lobby area, which wasn't visually appealing. The breakfast overflow room to sit and eat could have been organized a bit better. It was an office space/gym/conference style room pretty random. I almost would have just preferred to eat back up in the room had I realized what the space actually was for but no big deal :)

Breakfast was good, our room was very spacious and clean for just the two of us. Unbeatable price, bang for your buck, too bad we hadn't realized there was an airport shuttle that can take you from FLL directly to the hotel (we will know for next time!).

• Traditional Queen Room

Keep hiring great staff members! Thank you for the free airport shuttle transportation.

Very nice complimentary breakfast...loved the Belgium waffles. Nice hotel location with nearby restaurants to eat with reasonable prices (ie, Denny's restaurant).

• Traditional Queen Room

Although the property was under renovation, my room was extremely nice and clean. The staff was SO friendly and helpful to me especially since i was traveling alone. Of ever in the area again, I would love to stay here again and see the end result of renovations.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We got stuck on the elevator for 10 min. The property is under construction and didn't look appealing. I'm sure it will look better when it is over. The area isn't well lit. The street was pretty dark.

Staff was friendly. A few eating spots and some shopping centers in close proximity. Easy to get to beach and Port Everglades.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The night lady was very rude, and she didn't tell me before that's the hotel was still under construction. I did not get her name but she was very rude. I felel if your working in hotel you should at lest be nice.

The food was good the room was clean the kitchen staff was nice.

• Traditional Queen Room

Remodeling caused some confusion because areas were sectioned off and the front desk was temporarily moved to another area. The swimming pool photos online led me to believe that the pool was MUCH larger. I was disappointed in how small it was.

The front desk employees were very helpful and friendly. Our room was comfortable and clean. We enjoyed a good night's sleep. The bathroom was spacious, clean, and modern.

• Traditional Queen Room

It's not a dislike but an inconvenience with the renovations.

The close proximity to the port and the airport also the wide variety of store in the area.

• Traditional Queen Room

The only thing that needs to improve is the breakfast. Economy white bread, sugar coated cereals and donuts is not a good breakfast. There needs to be a lot more fruit and more healthy choices.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They were remodeling the hotel, and the room for breakfast was so small and a mess. Not enough staff to assist us

The rooms were very comfortable, the beds awesome

• Traditional Queen Room

Very annoyed with the fact that Booking.com was either not aware or didn't inform me that the hotel was having major renovations. I understand renovations but it would have been nice to decide if I wanted to stay there being that the place did not look presentable. Because of that it made the place look like a dump. On top of that the hotel/airport shuttle does cost $6 which was not stated on their site and while that's not a lot of money I waited 35 minutes to be picked up and ended up calling an Uber and paying twice as much. At the end of my stay as I was trying to rest the housekeeping service was extremely loud in the hallway yelling back-and-forth to each other. Very rude and obnoxious. The only good thing was the fact that I was only staying there for one night since I was going to be checking in a apartment for my vacation the next day.

The only thing that was acceptable was how nice the front desk staff was.