Reviews of Comfort Suites Bluffton 3 stars

23 Towne Dr., Bluffton, SC 29910, USA

#3 of 7 hotels in Bluffton

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Wi-Fi strength inconsistent. Also, we were okayed, upon check-in, for 1 o’clock checkout (as opposed to 11 am) Was assured night before checkout that the late checkout was in system. But when we returned from a morning at beach at noon and began packing, the room cleaning staff seemed upset with us. And when we turned in our room keys at the front desk, the receptionist could find NO authorization for late checkout in the system. We felt embarrassed and the incident put a damper on our experience at this facility.

Cleanliness, Location

• Standard Double Suite

Internet was very slow in the room. Part of the time we couldn't connect... very frustrating! We forgot our snacks in the fridge... I hope someone enjoyed them and they didn't go to waste!!!

Breakfast was very good, something for everyone. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We were happy with the breakfast and the room was well organized and very clean.The beds were very comfortable with lot's of pillows and comfortable , soothing sheets. Room had everything we needed for a nice stay.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Toilet didn't work in first room. Had to repack to go to another room. During the 3 day stay our room keys did not work twice. Tv was difficult to operate.

Bed was comfortable

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Mattress, staff did not say any more than necessary at check in and at checkout I told them someone near my room was smoking in a non smoking hotel and they didn’t seem concerned. Over priced!!

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Really good location plenty of restaurants in the area you can choice from, shopping outlet about couple miles down the road it's just a good location.

• Standard Double Suite

Kleenex box was a need. But, we did not ask either.....

The manager that checked us in was very friendly, helpful with where to park to make it easy. Our room (106) was very close to the breakfast area. That made it easy with our little doggie. We came up there to surprise my daughter on her 40th birthday... and only 8 minutes away. Thanks to the staff!!!!!! Lots of smiles.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Was very noisy in the hall. Doors slamming or things hitting the walls. I think they were doing work on some of the rooms there. Other than that, the stay was great!

Pleasant atmosphere.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I can tell updates were made but a couple more are needed, i.e. better shower water pressure, better towels, and new shower curtain.

It perfectly served it's purpose for our quick stay. The location is great. It is close to several dining options, stores, and Hilton Head Island.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The TV was small. Just because breakfast is free doesn't mean it shouldn't be good. On the last day I just went out for breakfast. I asked for a late checkout on Sunday and was greeted with 30 minutes which was increased to 1 hour and she was doing me a big favor since she told me lot's of other guests also requested a late checkout. It's a Sunday, you do not have a tremendous amount of new guest checking in, so why make it sound like you are doing me a big favor by letting me stay 1 hour extra. I liked staying at your hotel but not letting me stay until 1pm will make think twice before staying at your hotel again.

New, clean, good location, easy to check in and out.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I asked for the GM to let me know if my rate could be changed to the team rate that was offered previously. one parent who had booked at the team rate canceled, and I wanted their room/rate. Unfortunately I never heard back and was charged the higher rate(which I had booked my room with).

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Shower handle was loose and did not work properly.

Assistant manager jasmina osmanagich was outstanding. She made sure that all our requests were fulfilled. no matter how busy she was she made us feel we were the only guests in the hotel. She personally made sure we exceedingly satisfied!!!!!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We showed up early 10:00am room was not ready.They said they would call us when they had them cleaned. No problem with that. When we did check in they put us in room 101 right next to the breakfast area. We'll every night at 5:00am the staff was getting breakfast ready and it sounded like elephants banging around,plates cabnets doors ECT.... We complained and the lady said that there were no more rooms and that she would have the mgr. Speak with us. That never happened. We called back several times after our stay and each time the mgr. Was out and was told she would return our call. That never happened either. Poor customer service!

Over all okay

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bathroom smell of smoke. They gave us a machine to run to help with that.

Loved the eggs and wide range of food to pick from. Location was close to stores and restaurants.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Minor inconvenience: Toilet paper holder an annoyance. Roll would fall off every time I used it....just a rod attached to the wall. Whose brilliant idea was this?🤔

Beds were nice and comfy. Excellent staff: Front desk: Welcoming, Accomodating, and seemed always genuinely concerned bout your comfort. Guess that’s why the name is “Comfort Inn”. When I reported a broken toilet seat, my problem was address and fixed very quickly. Kudos to the housekeeping staff. Always pleasant to us and my goodness they work hard and sometimes into the evening hours!!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Very noisy. Coming from upstairs. Like someone throwing furniture around! Maids knocking on door too early...

Nice room, comfy bed and great location...

• Standard Double Suite

The property was beautiful. Very clean from the lobby to the rooms. Located close to grocery store and other facilities. This was very convenient & easy access to many things. Alex was wonderful! Very professional and polite! He was very welcoming! Great employee!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

They messed up my reservation and then charged me more than they said they were for the extra night

I loved all the room I had. The room was very big and the bed was comfortable

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

This really wasn't a problem at all, but I wish the shower had a little more water pressure. It worked fine and it wasn't "low pressure." I guess I'm just used to stronger streams! Also, my sister said that her back hurt from the bed being too soft. I had no problems with my bed. I'm used to a firm tempurpedic but the hotel beds I slept on (I switched beds and rooms during the stay) were both fine!

The room looked great and they had plenty of towels. They were trying to conserve energy and resources by changing towels every third day but when I asked for clean towels, they gave me a new set without hesitation. The breakfast was awesome with waffles, eggs, bacon, breads, cereal, fruit, muffins, pastry, and yogurt. There was a grocery store, nail salon, and restaurants within the same parking lot so when my 5 year old nephew got sick, it was very convenient! They didn't state it on any of their sites, but they have a hair dryer and a mini fridge in the room, along with an ironing board in the closet. (Didn't check for an iron). The bath tub was clean and the AC/heater worked fine. There were outlets near by!!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

no towel racks in bathroom

Hotel was very nice for the price and breakfast was good. Pet friendly. Bed was comfortable. Only thing missing was towel racks in bathroom...very odd that you could not hang up towels to dry. Would definitely stay again. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was as advertised. Very pleased with the hotel.

I did not realize when I booked that I was paying up front and so I would not book through this site again. Next time I would call the hotel directly. If something had happened to keep me from traveling (I'm 80 yrs. old), I would have lost all this money. I came to Bluffton for a family reunion and intended to be there, but something could have prevented my travel. The breakfast was a treat and gave other family members an opportunity to have more visits. After I booked two of my other siblings and their families booked, also, but I recommended that they call the hotel directly.

• Standard Double Suite

We were greeted so warmly by the front desk personnel and every time we came in we were greeted with a smile. We loved the location so close and yet tucked away from any noise. We will return on our next trip, which is coming up, to Bluffton.

• Standard Double Suite

They need to work on their A/C in rooms so that people can get a good nights rest!

As for the hotel itself, that was okay, the rooms were very warm and had trouble with the A/C, finally they brought up a fan that just circulated the heat.. My winks at this hotel were few due to room being warm ):

• Standard Double Suite

Upon checkin the young lady was not very friendly or helpful, on the flip side the young strawberry/redhead young lady that worked evening shift was very helpful and had a very out going personality, she was a pleasure to talk to and helped us out in any way she could, a keeper for sure. I've worked at hotels, resorts all my life, at the ripe age of 65 now, I know a people person when I come into contact with one... a keeper for sure.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I like the way the Hampton has coffee and hot water available out in the hallway when you walk in with cookies. It's inviting. Although the property is in a nice location, I felt very uncomfortable having to walk outside to get to the fitness facility. I wish there was a way to make this option available inside the premise. The other thing that struck me was the 3 floor hallway smells weird. I noticed this as I walked into my room. The room did NOT have an odor though. I felt safe and I would stay here with my family.

I really liked the waffles! Missing whipped cream for them but they were great! There's a section to make oatmeal. There was some fresh fruit available and yogurt too. The room was clean and quiet and very comfortable.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

starting at 6:30 am all we could hear was slamming of doors, constantly. Staff was very unhelpful. They knew I wanted another night, I had asked several times, and they never informed me that one had come available. Bad customer service. The breakfast was fair. The toilet knocked all night long. Bed was very uncomfortable. The only friendly people there was the cleaning woman. They were very helpful and always had a smile on their face. I will never stay there again!!!!!

The convinance to where we wanted to be.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

breakfast was not good muffins were cold and hard no spray for waffle makers , eggs tasted like powdered eggs, no bacon only sasuage. We threw it away and went out for breakfast

coffee was good

• Standard Double Suite

The same breakfast every morning. The breakfast was precooked and the coffee was terrible. I saw a roach. They decided to clean the carpet during our rest day.I had to clean the phone ,it was nasty. There was no sound to the TV ,for a night ,and no one said anything.We had to call down to find out

Friendly staff.Prompt replacement of faulty items

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Well one complaint about playing my music loud.

Friendly staff. Provided all I needed especially when I ran out of certain items in the room. The hotel was in a nice quiet location. Surrounded by stores and food places I didn't have to drive far. I actually walked which is nice

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The rude Front Desk Staff member who checked me in. She had a hard time finding the reservation in the computer and took her anger out on me when I was being polite about the situation, and trying to help solve the issue. The most unprofessional check in experience I have ever had. The mildew odor in the room from water leaking out of the A/C unit onto the carpet, If I was staying any longer I would of had then switch my room.

The location in Bluffton is good. Many places to eat close by or short walking distance. About a fifteen minute drive to Hilton Head. Other than that the Hotel was Ok at best, a bit overrated. Free light Breakfast served every morning.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I thought the price was high for the quality of the accommodations. The charge of $25 per day per pet was also high. All the hotels in SC and Georgia were full due to the Florida evacuation. It would have been a wonderful gesture if the hotel had waived or decreased the pet fee during that time.

I stayed for 3 nights after evacuating for Hurricane Irma. The circumstances were less than ideal for everyone. But the staff, especially Tanay and Khrish, did a wonderful job of remaining positive and helpful. There was no damage to the hotel from the storm, but taking care of a full house of evacuees and their pets required long hours and hard work. I can't say enough about the staff's efforts during this tough time.

• Standard Double Suite

Same sausage and scrambled eggs for breakfast for 4 days in a row. The latch and locking mechanism on the door to the room were not in alignment and had to slam the door to make it lock properly.

The bed was comfortable and the staff was very friendly.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The property is in very bad shape, and poor management. The first room extra a/c cover was on the floor, we reserved king suit but given double, TV not working, coffee maker broken, no solution when asked for help from GRS,

NOTHING

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

1. Very noisy (even when in the room, kids running in hallway, etc.) 2. Third floor room - elevator was slow, not clean. 3. Staff was not very friendly - but they were able to help when asked 4. TV was small for room 5. No availability of complimentary snacks during day

Room was clean and everything worked.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Elevator was broken, air conditioning froze up and stopped working in middle of night, and lots of cockroachs

The checkin and staff was friendly and help fulll

I have no complaints

Everything was fresh and updated, and the room was a great size! Me, my fiance, friend, and our 2 dogs were comfortable. The location was about 15 minutes from the beach, and within 5 minutes of any number of restaurants and stores. The area is quiet and well kept. We were very happy.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The tub was peeling from where it was sprayed. The carpet felt sticky as if it needed cleaning. Not much of a choice for breakfast for what I paid for the room.

The location of the property and that it wasn't far from the beach. Also different place to shop and eat in close proximity

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool was a little small and the exercise equipment was broken and didn't keep accurate work-out times. The laundry room had only 1 washer amd 1 dryer..so if more than one person was doing laundry, it might take a while. But overall, a great place and kind staff.

The location was great. The decor was modern. Breakfast was served everyday. Great staff who was helpful! Big rooms and bathroom!

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

We stayed 2 nights. We needed more towels but cleaning staff just emptied the waste basket and did not pick up towels left on floor that indicated we needed more towels. Need a waste basket in bathroom.

The bed and sheets were comfortable.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was nothing I didn't like about it.

The breakfast was amazing every morning! We had everything within the distance of the place were we stayed at.

• Standard Double Suite

The elevator wasn't working, had to carry stuff up, only one elevator.

I liked the cleanliness of the room. Noticed older staff were doing that. I liked that you employed older people, because they seem to be more efficient has to do a good job.

I didn't like the fact that housekeeping kept telling me that they were crowded which was the reason for me not having clean washcloths to take baths with. I was also bothered by one of the four rooms I had didn't have a shower curtain at all.

The rooms are really nice and in walking distance to a variety of different shops.

• Standard Double Suite

Breakfast could be Later Than 9:30 As We Arrived @ 12:30 am due to delays! We missed Breakfast!

Everything was Perfect! We only stayed overnight! On Way to Hilton Head! We would Have Stayed Longer.... if possible!

• Standard Double Suite

Fridge did not cool properly. We notified the front desk they immediately sent someone but, he said it was nothing wrong with the fridge. We had three rooms our fridge was the worst I ended up using the fridge in another room which was an obvious difference in temperature and inconvenient to store things in the room across from mine.

The staff was extremely friendly. Very decent breakfast! I travel quite a bit for business and breakfast was better than most. Our rooms were clean and comfy. Grocery store near location that was awesome! We had a pleasant Stay!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The shower head in the room kept falling and hitting us, and when staff was informed they did nothing to fix the problem. We had to inform them multiple times throughout the stay and they told us to tighten it ourselves and did not send anyone to look at the problem. There was only one towel in the room even though we had booked for 3 guests. There was no sheets for the pull-out couch and no pillows either. Staff seemed annoyed that we kept asking for things and complaining but if everything was supplied in the first place it would not have been a problem.

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was adequate. The location of the hotel was okay and there was plenty of parking.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

No elevator. Rain came in window was moved to second floor requested 1st but non available. Elevator broke. Was told would try to get some money off room but it didn't happen. Probably won't use booking. Com anymore

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The elevator wasn't working.

It was great to have someone cook breakfast for you every morning, that actually was awesome. The room service was great and the bed was very comfortable.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff said the elevator would be working on Thursday but by Sunday it still wasn't working and we had to walk up 3 flights of stairs and my husband had back surgery. The second night my room card stopped working.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Need to change or rotate the breakfast options from day to day. At least switch between 2 different types of eggs like scrambled and small cheese omelets. Several hotels do that.

A couple of nice restaurant choices within walking distance including a grocery store.

• Standard Double Suite

However I was quoted the wrong amount for pets. Your booking.com doesn't include the pet fee either. Luckily I called too but was told wrong price.

I loved that it was pet friendly.

• Standard Double Suite

The refrigerator was not cooling. When taking a shower the tub makes a lot of noises. It feels like you going to fall through it. Notify front desk but no more ever came to check the refrigerator or tub.

The pillows were flat.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The tap water didn't taste good and had an odor to it. There were no carts out front the morning we left Had to carry everything down to car

Great Breakfast Something for everyone Clean and comfortable Rooms Very friendly & helpful employees

Could not find my reservation. I had to wait a while for check in They never found my reservation even though I had my confirmation email and booking number Still had to book 2 more rooms and wait to see If I am charged for the two I booked online very unhappy about this. I will tell my friends not to book online.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I rented a room on Sunday the 30th of April, I decided that I liked the location and the check in staff was good, So I went up on Monday the 1st and ask if I could stay an extra night and would it be better to just do it with them or go through the enternet, the girl said use the enternet, I did and again went to the front desk to make sure I could stay in the same room she said she would make sure it was ok and after looking at the computer she said it would be fine. That Monday was an exhausting day and I was dead tired after eating and a shower I went to bed. At 4 am the phone began to ring. Only bad things happen when your phone rings at 4 am. I answered the phone after being Jared out of sleep to hear the guy at the front desk ask me if I checked in. Of course I am checked in what is wrong I asked he said he just did not want to rent the room to anyone else. I hung up and was shocked by this at 7 am I walked up to the desk and asked the man why he did that he said it was not his fault, that. The girl did not show that I was there for two nights, he said the manager would adjust the cost of the room but this still has not happened. Not happy about it.

The hotel and staff were fine, see exceptions

• Standard Double Suite

We had to change rooms a couple of time because of some issues with the rooms. But the staff was very helpful.

Like the location. Staff was very helpful. Breakfast was good. Beds very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The ONLY negative experience was the continental breakfast - could be a little improved!

Hotel was wonderful with friendly staff - especially the maid service! Room was very nice with very comfortable beds! I would highly recommend!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Standard Double Suite

My comforter had a very small orange looking stain. Looked like maybe from food or candy. But it wasn't that big of the deal and was the only thing I saw wrong with the entire room.

The bed was so comfortable. The rooms were very nice and very clean. The staff was amazing!! The breakfast was good for a "hotel breakfast". I came for a Marine graduation but if I am ever in the area again I will be staying here again.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Standard Double Suite

Fan in bathroom noisy. Beds very high! No where to hang towels. Need more staff on front desk - poor Sarah was on her own with a big queue and phone ringing.

Breakfast good. Staff very helpful in particular Sarah, Annie and Roy.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room was right above the back service entrance, and they seriously need to fix the loud squeaking on the door. Early morning staff was also rather loud in the halls, but everyone was incredibly nice!!

Very friendly, comfortable rooms, and great location.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Standard Double Suite

The pillows a little too big. The bacon and eggs didn't have much of a flavor. And, I don't think that the a/c kept it's setting.

Staff and location were great. Staff always greeted us with a smile and a hello.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Standard Double Suite

The elevator made scary clanging noises, and I kept feeling like it was going to break down any minute. The walls of the hotel were paper thin, so I could hear everything going on, even from the third floor

The front desk staff were very nice

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Apparently they put in a new water heater during my stay, so while running bath water for my son the tub was full of brown water. I called the front desk and that's when they informed me. I was extremely pissed, but other than that the stay was descent.

Bed was comfortable and overall cleanliness was good

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Continental breakfast was very good. Rooms were quite spacious. Staff was very accommodating when our flight out was cancelled and we extended stay one night

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not worth the visit. The sausage must have been turkey or something else. It had no flavor. The eggs with the cheese was not appealing at all. Looked like cheese whiz.

The staff was great from the desk to the room cleaners.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Standard Double Suite

I am elderly and short and the bed was too high for me to get into. I asked for and received a stool which helped but I really didn't like having to use a stool.

All of the staff were friendly and helpful. Would have liked bacon one day instead of always sausage which was dry. We will stay again. Lots of good restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping was vacuuming in the hallway outside our room at 9a.m. Hotel wasn't even busy that Saturday. I wasn't pleased with that at all as was hoping to sleep a little longer. I had explained to the front staff the night before when we checked in that I wasn't happy with a first floor room due to noise. It was about 4 doors down from the dining area. She assured me it would be fine as the hotel wasn't busy and so therefore noise wouldn't be an issue. I shouldve insisted on another room and another floor. This was the second time I've stayed here , but I'm not positive that I will again. My daughter started attending college at USCB and I will be visiting her. I was hoping to find a place that I could count on to be reliable and economical.

Good value for accommodations

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Outside noise from hallway at night was annoying but we were right by the elevator.

Rooms were very comfortable. Breakfast was good with lots of choices both hot and cold. Also liked the availability of coffee 24/7.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Frienly of the check process joy and kendra also nancy housekeeper special we were able to check in early to get ready for the wedding and i liked have a microwave in the toom

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Standard Double Suite

Door lock broken, couldn't switch rooms, was given a manager key and if I hadn't been honest I could have gotten into every other room with it. Which makes me uncomfortable to think about any other Patron given the same leeway that might not have been as honest as I didn't sleep very well bed seems like it wasn't as clean as it could have been might as well not have had a refrigerator it was as bad as a lunch bag with a cooler packet in it

Staff was friendly, breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

When we arrived, there was a nice giant sized cockroach waiting for us at our room door! The place smelled like a cheap hotel and the entire city of Bluffton SC was deserted due to hurricane Matthew which wasn't even 4 days out. The whole experience was sad as we had stayed at this Comfort Inn several times in years prior. They really need to update this place, like yesterday! Very disappointed and with newer nicer hotels in the area, I won't be going back anytime soon.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Charged twice and no refund, franchised company so it's the managers decision. Who was super rude. Room smelled like cigarettes and alcohol. Mold in the Windows

Nothing! Staff and hotel were horrible!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

air condition wouldn't cool the room as well as I wanted it. It was comfortable , but I do like to control the temperature

Location, friendly staff, cleanliness

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

I had two rooms. One room had a broken window with screen pushed out. I reported to staff. The other room ,the fridge, air conditioning broke.The cable didn't work the entire 3 days. All my issues were reported.

Beds and pillows were great!Hotel was clean.I loved the makeup wipes.

• Standard Double Suite

Air condioner was guide noisy.

Staff

That it was clean

The check in process.

Our room was not ready at check in, the staff forgot to record us as checked in so our room keys did not work.

Browse Comfort Suites Bluffton traveller photo gallery