Reviews of Comfort Suites Columbus 3 stars

1690 Clara Street, Columbus, OH 43211, USA

#42 of 98 hotels in Columbus

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Pool was very cold. The bathroom in the pool area was dirty. No toilet paper, no big towels to dry off The staff knew there were no towels and didn’t replace them. Pictures for the breakfast area were deceiving, it was small , no fruit , they never cleaned the waffle area. I had no sheets or blanket or pillows for the sofa bed, so I went to the front desk and he said , you can take them up now. The pillows were not normal size, they were square so 4 per bed .

The room was clean.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

The payment process was expected up front. It was slow & frustrating. The room that we were assigned had not been cleaned and smelled terribly. We were assigned another room after bringing it to the staff’s attention, and it was better. I stayed 2 nights at the hotel, the second night I stayed alone and after getting back to my room after a long day, my keycards would no longer work, I had to wait in line 20 minutes to get that matter resolved. While waiting, other customers also seemed frustrated for various reasons. The surrounding area was very industrial and noisy.

I was there to stay during my daughter’s college orientation. It was a few miles from the school

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Parking is tight with a big truck

We love staying here when we show horses at the fairgrounds. Breakfast buffet is always good, the kids enjoy the pool

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

the room, the carpet was sticky. we couldnt let the kids play on the floor. there was a beer cap on the floor. the bathroom was'nt real clean. there was a layer of dust on the shelf where the towels were stored in the bathroom. there was a clothing tag on the shelf in the bathroom.

the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was good. the pool was nice. there were plenty of towels available in the pool area.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

The location was kind of off. Guys in the parking lot trying to get money off the visitors.

The hotel was super clean and many options for breakfast. Front desk staff was courteous.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

There is a loft area near our room. Very noisy until late in the night.

The location was convenient for OSU graduation and visiting downtown. Swimming pool was nice.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Would be nice if bed was a bit softer. That is really my only suggestion.

The place was very clean, staff was super friendly and nice, and breakfast was great!

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

I wish it was closer to more restaurants or shops, so we could've walked there instead of driving everywhere.

I Really enjoyed how clean our room looked, how nice the staff was, and how delicious the breakfast was every morning. Definitely will be booking this hotel when i go back to columbus !

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Staff need to be more friendlier ,won't hurt to smile as it goes a long way.

Comfortable,very clean ,good breakfast,site is away from street noises

Everything was great

I needed two rooms, one for me and my daughter and another for my son and 2 grandsons. They gave us two rooms exactly across from each other! I really appreciated that.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

The price given and booked on booking.com was not the price they wanted to charge me. After arguing with front desk for 15 minuets she finally gave to me for the price requested.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Very disappointed the the pool wasn't available. I had my 13 year old granddaughter with me and she was very disappointed she couldn't swim. I picked this hotel because of the pool.

The hotel was nice and clean

• King Suite with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

I guess my only flaw was there wasn't much to look at outside.

I liked the space in the room. I also liked the fact that there was a sofa in the room so you wouldn't have to sit on the bed the whole time. It had a microwave and refrigerator which was a plus because the last couple of hotels I've stayed in didn't have either.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

The previous guest had left items in the drawers and housekeeping hadn't cleaned them, and one of the bed frames was broken in our room. The pillows were lumpy.

The hotel smells nice, it's clean, everyone was nice and the breakfast was yummy. Bed was comfy.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

The only concern I had was the mop bucket full of cleaner was parked in the hallway for quite some time while they were cleaning other areas and we were in the lobby having breakfast. I have very adventurous two year old twins who could have gotten in to it. Otherwise, evertything about this place was fantastic!

Hotel staff were all pleasant and the entire place was very clean and well decorated.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Checked in later at night, around 8pm. There was a sign that clearly said we could split the payment from cash and card. However, receptionist wouldn't allow us to do so. Aside from that, it was New Years eve. Younger teens? Or adults were loud and running up and down the halls. Also, the phone to call front desk didn't work.

Room was more spacious than I anticipated. I usually stay with Comfort Suites, and really enjoy my stay there. Always love the speedy check out as well.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

No signage from main road. Pool area needs a good cleaning and painting. No entry from parking lot to closest door. Must go through main lobby.

Spacious with nice entry, easy access to elevator and plenty of room at breakfast. Overall pretty clean inside and out.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Some black mold around the window , room looked clean but smelled a little off. Beds were ok.

Large rooms , friendly staff and only 10 min drive to downtown Columbus. Great shower and large bathroom!.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Very friendly staff and the room was large. I brought my dog with me and the cost was only $20 more a night. Most places I looked at requires $30-$70 dollars a night and you fill out a contract. Even with this fee other hotels put you in a room that is subpar and meant for travelers with dogs. I highly recommend this place if you are traveling with a dog and the included breakfast is fantastic. You will not be disappointed with this hotel for the price you pay.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

Small tv, cable cut out a lot, bedding wasn’t the most comfortable, small shower, and the water in shower fluctuated a lot (sometimes burning hot and then it would change to lukewarm). Overall it was very clean:). Just not as nice for what we paid for it.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

The pillows were old and lumpy and need replacing. There was a very heavy odor from air fresheners or deodorants in the room and throughout the property that was a little hard to take. The breakfast eggs were hard-fried, stacked vertically, and unappetizing.

The room was average and clean. I liked the amenities of a mini-fridge and microwave. The property was very conveniently located to freeways and the OSU campus, and a good price for one night's stay.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

My husband and I were cold with only one thin blanket and no extras in either of the two rooms we reserved for the night!

There was coffee and hot chocolate avalaible even though the eating area was closed! The hotel was clean and quiet. The staff was friendly and accommodating .

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Our dissatisfaction was when we asked for bedding for pull out couch bed in our suite and extra shampoo we where treated like this was such a big problem and told to find the cleaning staff ourselves. The breakfast had a great selection of food but they did have problems with flies!

First time staying at this hotel, wanted something close to OSU campus. Pretty good location was able to drive on campus via back roads which was a bonus.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

The breakfast selection wasn't what I expected. It said there would be breakfast meat, and there was sausage. I was hoping for bacon. :) It was difficult to get the attention of the staff at the front desk as they seemed to be in the back room every time I went to the front desk. The traffic from the freeway was fairly loud. The carpets and walls in the common area were not clean. The janitorial staff seemed to bring their children to work with them. How clean were the rooms really if the little kids were in them laying on the beds after the new sheets were put on them?

The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. There was ample parking.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

My husband pulled up one of the folded towels from the shelf under the sink area and found poop smeared on the towel. He was horrified because he had just gotten out of the shower and was toweling himself off when he noticed the poop. When he showed the towel to the person behind the desk he didn't even want to touch the towel either. My husband asked for a discount on our hotel room and was told - he (the man behind the front desk) would have to talk to the manager! We never did get a discount!! We were very disgusted and disappointed to say the least! We were disappointed in the breakfast as well!

The bed was fine and the room was nice and large.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Charged more for room than what was quoted on booking conformation, this will be the last time our company uses booking.com Nothing to like about this transaction!

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Breakfast was definitely not what I would have expected, given the rest of the accommodations. We should have gone to McDonald's next door.

Very clean and neat, plenty of towels, etc. Easy to find and quick check-in/check-out.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

The breakfast area was crowded, more seating is needed. It's hard to relax and enjoy your meal when you see people waiting for your table.

Our room was quite spacious with two queen beds and a sofa and desk. Even though the hotel was fully booked, it was extremely quiet at night. Breakfast was good, many choices.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Not about this hotel, but next door is a bit of dump with some questionable people. Only noticed this because we walked.

Newly renovated hotel - the open foyer was nice. Room was spacious and bed comfy, no complaints.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

The beds were extremely uncomfortable especially the fold away couch bed. My 8 year old couldn't even make it through the night on the bed. He was crying in the middle of the night about how uncomfortable it was. So I switched places with him and he was 100% percent right. The bed was awful.

Always love staying at a place that offers breakfast in the morning. It make like easier with kids.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Phone in room didn't work; I assume they fixed the next day.

Eggs were good, not powder dry eggs. Coffee was good too (much better than Marriott). The staff was friendly.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

On the day we were leaving discovered ants ont bedside table It rained on our visit and water was poring in on our floor outside the elevator When I looked over the the rail to the first floor very dirty and dusty didn't appear to be cleaned ever Stains on the pullout bed unable to use

Breakfast was good

• King Suite with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

Breakfast was a joke. The first morning there was no meat..they had run out. The next two morning was supposed to be sausage patties but was more like rubbery fatty patties. I threw it away the first day they were so bad. The second day I didn't bother at all. The eggs were rubbery disks too. I ended up eating a bagel each day. The second day I spread my bagel with the peanut butter. It was stiff and not very good. Also not much room in the dining area. I ended up taking my food back to my room.

-It was convenient to the Convention Center. Good to have a fridge and a microwave. Wish I had known about the microwave before coming there. Bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was large. Lots of places to plug in your phone or iPad to charge.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Eggs at breakfast inedible. Bananas first day but none first thing either day after when I asked about them. We needed to eat first thing and couldn't wait for them if the were brought out later. Front desk attendant rushed with us and kept rushing onto phone behind the desk. Cars parked too long at the entrance...suspect cars belonged to workers.

Proximity to OSU and casino. Free breakfast

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

The hotel seemed a little on the dirty side and in need of repair. The common area hallway carpets were extremely dirty, they could use a good cleaning. The stairwell carpet looked better but a dusting of the baseboards hasn't happened in quite awhile. The room we stayed in was a little better but I did have to wipe down surfaces on the side tables in the room which had sticky food still on them. The security door on the side entrance was always unlocked. I assume the card reader no longer works and the security camera in the lobby near the elevator was obviously broken. The area we were in seemed okay, but not great. Its right next door to the State fairground and on a street with industrial businesses. I would have felt more comfortable if the door locked and the cameras were working.

The location while not a great area worked well for us as we went to Columbus specifically to see the Columbus Crew play at MAPFRE stadium. This hotel is across the road, we could have walked to the event from the hotel. The breakfast was adequate, the usual yogurt, cereal, breakfast breads as well as hard cooked eggs and sausage patties.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

There was still things left behind by the last people that stayed in the room. Deodorant, open pop bottles, and there was a substance on the dust ruffle of the bed:/.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

The pool. I traveled there with my 3 children. They played in the pool. After few minutes they started complaining that their eyes were burning which I thought expected result of swimming in the pool without googles. However, after 30 minutes my kids's hair turned into like plastic, their swim trunks turned into almost white as if they were dipped into bleach. I quickly got them out from the pool and bring into shower. Their skins were turned red and they were in pain because of the burn. When I talked to front desk employee she said that her manager wasn't there and she would have him call me as soon as he comes in. I made several other visits to the front desk never got an person in charge to talk to me. Next day when I was leaving the hotel I got chance to talk to assistant manager he simply said sorry and that was it. He said if I would like refund for the swimwears I should call the headquarters/main whatever. I was very disappointment with their irresponsibility. How come they treat health of other in such an awful manner!!!

The breakfast was above expected

• King Suite with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

The room included a pull out couch bed but no bedding was left. After the second phone call to the front desk I had to pick up the bedding myself from the front desk.

Location was convenient to our venue. Good value for the money.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

There was a strong odor of carpet fresh when we got there. After it dissipated there was a string mildew smell. The only restaurant or food place was a McDonald's. Other than that you had to get back on the freeway to find something....and that was what the front desk suggested.

The staff was very nice and friendly

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

The beds were cheap and uncomfortable. The rooms, two of them, had TVs way to small fort the room. The premium channels constantly gliched out making the movies hard to watch. The couches in both the rooms we booked had stains on them, one a brown stain and one a whitish stain. The manager at the desk waffled under questions we had about the rate and hid behind booking.com. We ended up having to talk to booking.com to straighten it out when, had he just been honest with us, we could have worked it out at the desk.

It wasn't terribly expensive and the breakfast was consistant.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• King Suite with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

Wifi on the 3rd floor was pretty much non existent, had to go to the lobby to get reception. Continental breakfast was not the best. They charged us more than originally quoted through Booking.com because we were there on what is probably their busiest weekend for Rock on the Range.

Bed was decent. We only stayed here due to the proximity to MAPFRE stadium.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Highway noise was noticeable at night.

The breakfast was above average for a hotel breakfast! Desk staff friendly, helpful. Fairly close proximity to downtown / campus w/ cheap Uber rides if non peak hours. We would stay again as this place was convenient, clean. "

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

I am allergic to dogs, I understand you are a pet friendly hotel. I had a very rough time sleeping in the room due to something bothering my allergies.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Facility is not well-maintained. Hallways needed to be vacuumed. Floors looked dirty. Litter in hallway not picked up. Overall shabby around the edges

Breakfast offered a good variety. Convenient to highway. Price was reasonable.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

There was nothing that I remember that was wrong

Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was clean. Breakfast was good. I left I pad was very pleased that it was returned. Most of the time that wouldn't happen today I want to thank who ever found it and returned. Thank you.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Staff was there just to get paid to do the least possible. Parking lot is small, had hard time finding place to park. Room and facilities were out dated and not very clean. For example, baseboards and areas under vanities were very dusty and there was trash and debri in the common areas. Not what I typically expect or experience at a comfort suite hotel.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

POOR MATTRESS, CLOCK AND PHONE DID NOT WORK AND STAFF DID NOT RESPOND TO FIXING EITHER DURING OUR STAY, DIFFICULT TO CONTROL THE HEATING / COOLING

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Room was kind of cool (temperature) and I had to go to desk for extra blankets. Staff was reluctant to give me 2 although there were 3 people and 2 beds in the room.

Proximity to Ohio State University. It was clean and staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Nothing to complain about

Suite was clean, spacious, had plenty of easy to reach electrical outlets, attractive and bright. One of the nicest places we've stayed.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

The breakfast choices were great. The entire facility was very clean, and smelled clean also. The room was very clean, beds were comfortable. And the receptionist was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

No complaints.

The offered breakfast was adequate and had a small variety. For our purposes, it was a handy location and quite suitable. We will probably use it again on upcoming visits to OSU.

no complaints!

Everything was just perfect.... cleanliness, super soft bedding/pillows, and especially the staff, namely Majida. She was extremely nice, helped me find a great place to eat after I had arrived and was happy to answer any questions. She went above and beyond!!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

A little pricey

Helpful staff - they brought to our attention that we shouldn't have to pay state tax and helped us through the tax exemption process Good breakfast!

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Sofa bed need replaced please..mattress very flat/old. Needed swept under there also. Parking is always awful :(

Breakfast was very nice,& staff was also very courteous and helpful. Room was clean except for when we open the sofa couch...needed swept under.Bathroom nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

I had changed my reservation through you for Thursday night checking out Friday instead of Friday checking out Sunday. The hotel had no knowledge of this and still had me checking in on Friday. Luckily they still had a room available for us. You need to make sure that if we change our reservation online you communicate it to the hotel.

It was close to our venue.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

No hot chocolate and coffee was watery. Eggs look like they were reheated several times.

Breakfast was not appetizing. Coffee was terrible and choices were poor.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

The breakfast should have been served til noon on NY day. 6-10 is too early when you are out partying til 3 am!

The rooms were beautiful, clean and comfortable.

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

There was a strong odor of marijuana in the 2nd floor hallway and it main floor lounge area quite often.

Was there with friends visiting the Chinese lantern festival. Conveniently located for that.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

The Price :-)

The facilities were very clean, staff very accommodating. This location is located very close to a relative is easy to locate as a first-time driver from Maryland. I will definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Although we ate before 8am the food was stale. There was a hair in the shower. The neighborhood was scary. There was a man chased down and apprehended by the police at gunpoint right next to the car less than a half mile from the hotel mid afternoon. Prostitutes. I wish we'd paid extra and driven across town. Didn't feel safe for two women traveling alone.

Next door to the convention center.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• King Suite with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

Stairs, common area furniture, and parts of room were dirty. Sheets were not already on pull-out sofa. Breakfast lacked variety.

Room was pretty large and bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

No one told us when the breakfast ended,therefore we didn't get to eat. I came past the area earlier and it looked good I was disappointed we didn't get to eat.

It was clean and close to the venue we were attending.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

No complaints at all.

We were given good directions about getting a bus to the OSU campus for the football game. We also learned about the Quarter Horse Congress just across the street.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

The room was very moldy smelling upon entering, the wifi didn't work very well and the mattress was VERY uncomfortable.

The location was wonderful as it was close to everywhere we needed to go.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Window shade was missing. Hotel was oversold so they couldn't move my room and did not even attempt to fix it during the day. They gave me 25% off my room but sleeping with no shades next to a highway sucks!!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

The pool was cold and I wish they had a spa

Pleased with this location for the purpose of my visit. Close to downtown and other area attractions that I have interest in. Also close by highway.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

It lacked the willingness of employees to give basic information about the hotel and surroundings.

The best value. I paid $6 for Uber and I soon arrived to the Center.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Pull out bed in the couch in the suite was not comfortable.

Friendly staff. Convenient location. Equidistant between downtown and the airport, and easily accessible.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

No real complaints except that the sausage and eggs offered at breakfast were not very fresh - cold, pre-formed, and slimy.

Overall, the price for our stay was a great deal!! Very impressed with the size of the room and the amenities in the room. Very clean and comfortable. The variety of things offered at breakfast was nice - something for everyone. Also like the location - we were on a road trip and this was not far off the main highway, and very close to where we needed to get back on in the morning. We were able to bypass all the in-town traffic.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

I did not like the location It appears to be in a deserted part of town However. It's not very far from Ohio state university when you start driving around. Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Breakfast was just ok. Area for breakfast small, tight getting around. Hallways were dirty. Tub drained slow when taking shower.

Comfortable bed & pillows. Perfect size fridge (not too small). Variety of cable channels. AC cold.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Couldn't find my reservation when I got there (which I had booked 8 months earlier) hotel was completely booked and all they said was sorry not our problem

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Upon arrival was told we were only booked for 1 night. Showed the Front Desk Clerk my booking and she was able to correct it. Early Check In not available -- it happens Tub was clogged/ - Didn't have time to report it - Room 216

Nice clean hotel 2 Queen Beds and a Sofa Bed -- Awesome Fridge, Microwave - Bonus Decent Breakfast - Hold and Cold Items Small Indoor Pool with Outdoor Patio Good location to Ohio State Stadium $7 Uber Ride -- Walk about 20 minutes Friendly Staff

• Queen Suite withTwo Queen Beds- Sofa Bed/Non Smoking

Great place to stay, great breakfast

Lack of restaurants

Somewhat isolated, limited restaurants in area. Otherwise very nice property and good value.