Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Daytona Beach - Speedway 3 stars

90 Professional Boulevard, Daytona Beach, FL 32114, USA

#18 of 105 hotels in Daytona Beach

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Not happy with the cleaning staff!!!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The cleaning staff was horrible! My room was not serviced the second day and it was half serviced the third day. Terrible! In addition, the cleaning lady told me that she will clean my room! The cleaning staff was also very unprofessional!! I will give my hard earned money to another hotel next time I visit Daytona Beach.

The breakfast was good.

Pleasant

Wasn't able to stay for my entire visit due to 3rd party booking error.

Bed was great. Staff was accommodating helped find another location after first night due to 3rd party booking error. Breakfast was hot and plentiful.

Excellence.

Everything was excellent and exceed my expectations. The best of all was the great staff and their amability. Tete, Madeline were awesome. Definetly, will return.

This is a convient location.

The property could definitely use some updates. The rooms weren't as clean as I would have expected. The elevator is old and slow.

This is a convient location. It's not far from the beach, the mall, and restaurants.

I enjoyed my stay a lot for rest and relaxation. I'd recommend it to anyone.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I wished it was closer to the beach. I also wish there was at least 1 jacuzzi hot tub. Just 1 staff member seemed to have an attitude, the others were quite welcoming.

I loved the breakfast. The room was adequately spaced and comfortable. The facility was beautiful. All in all, I can't complain too much about my stay. The staff kept the room clean and stocked. I don't think we had to ask for anything. They even charged concession stand items to the room, which turned out to be very helpful.

Lovely stay at the Holiday Inn
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The only thing I didnt like was having to ask housekeepers to clean the room. The first day it was supposed to be cleaned all she did was make the beds and give us clean towels and rags. But didn't vacuum, mop or clean bathroom. After that day they did an excellent job cleaning the room.

I liked the friendly staff. The location is nice! And the hotel as a whole is clean. I also loved the room setup. The extra sink with coffee maker outside of the bathroom was nice. It also was nice having an area for microwave and fridge away from the TV and beds.

Everything was great except our bedding set didn’t look very...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything was great except our bedding set didn’t look very clean; there was stains on the comforter. The elevator is small and takes a while so we ended up using the stairs. Other than that the hotel was clean and the breakfast was great.

great time in daytona
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

fridge froze a few thing on us took us awhile to find adjustment on back of fridge

the breakfast bar was a pleasant surprise well stocked and clean plenty of places to sit away from the bar noise and coffee always available very clean front staff engaging and helpful

The beds were very comfortable.

When you prepare the room for a guest, sit on the bed and the toilet, you will see what the guests see. There were small stains on the walls beside the toilet...in one room. The outside of the tub was not clean in both rooms. The caulk and floor around the bottom of the tubs was not clean. We stayed an additional night in a king. The king was not as clean as the double. Bathroom floor was not swept so definitely not mopped. I keep my shoes on anyway so it wasn't so bad. It was very nice but if you are clean freak you notice these things....I would definitely stay again.

The beds were very comfortable. Rooms smelled great. It was one of the cleanest and nicest rooms I have stayed in for the money.

My stay was okay except for the air condition.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didnt like the fact the air condition was not working properly in room 313, it became very warm and i could not sleep well. To stuffy and inconvenience for a good night rest. I would like to have some type of compensation for that. Otherwise it is a great place to stay. Even the housekeeper on the third floor was complainting about how warm it was.

The beds are comfortable, and the breakfast was good. I would stay again.

Great location and clean but terrible walls and comfort if you have neighbors!!!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Both nights we couldn’t sleep because the neighbors television was up SO LOUD. They were asked several times both nights to turn it down but it remained extremely loud. 2 nights of little to no sleep and had to go work big event both days.

Location was awesome! Things were good until the evening.

was great!

the smoking allowed in front of the building

everything was great. the location and the staff was helpful even the property was nice just the hotel its self was clean .

Frustrating, for $717.75 which is exceedingly high and being treated rudely unacceptable

Entrance blocked by motorcycles. Handicap parking slots blocked by motorcycles. Drive to entrance blocked by trailers. Parking was difficult. Staff kept apologizing but did nothing.

Room was clean and comfortable

Ruined our stay this morning by a horrendously rude desk clerk at 6 am. Horrible
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Almost perfect stay until Check out. This part ruined our entire experience with this facility. Front desk clerk was horrendously rude and mean to us. Had a terrible problem with printing a summary/receipt for our room. When asked she said I could, but I don’t want to. Horrible attitude and stated she wouldn’t help us because we booked our stay through booking.com. Couldn’t be reasoned with and went in her office and slammed the door in our faces. Alison, the desk clerk the day before went beyond the call of duty and happily printed our receipt for the Friday night stay while informing us the early early morning clerk today at our departure at 6 am would happily print us one as it had to close out the morning after the nights stay. This morning clerk today left us VERY upset and HURT by her horrendous attitude towards us and blatantly stating she “could print us a receipt but didn’t want to.” Shake my head We won’t stay there ever again because of her. Truly sad ending that didn’t have to happen

Comfy beds and good breakfast and location

OK for one night stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Foul smell of something cooked previously permeating very in the room.blood soiled sheets, didn't notice it until the morning. I could hear the next door guests.

Stay was fine except for the problem with the extra charge

Better Help

WE asked to stay one more night at the same rate as the person we went to see was still in the hospital recovering. They said ok but charged me thirty dollars more. I called and they did not change the rate.Bad business.

Never in room 109
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Noise My room ......# 109 next to the kichen horrible Noise from the kichens from 4.30 The room upstair my room ... poeples were problably dancing until 1.00 hr And early in the morning

Overall it was ok.

Roach crawled across floor as soon as we opened room door. Pillows were awful. Extremely loud at night.

I liked breakfast in am. Most of the staff was polite except guy who checked us in. Rooms are good size.

a great place to come back to
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

buffet breakfast could have more variety of offerings. More fruit and other healthy items would have been appreciated

The staff was wonderful! Each and every person was friendly and bent over backwards to help make our stay so very enjoyable. Your staff, especially the people at the front desk, are a credit to your company.

Peaceful and comfortable.

Bed spreads were minimally stained. Shower curtain as well. Probably need to be replaced.

Bed was like sleeping on air. Super comfortable.Room is like an efficiency. Love that.

Grateful !
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Glad we were able to get over night stay. We were driving after being evacuated from Key West Florida . Pleasant clean and comfortable. Helpful person greeted us as we came in❣️

The hotel and staff presented a friendly atmosphere.

What I forget to tell the staff when I left was the toilet in the room112 was loose nd moved and would tip to one side if you did not set square. The mounts on the floor were broken.

The hotel and staff presented a friendly atmosphere.

The owner of the of this particular hotel always parked his...

The owner of the of this particular hotel always parked his car right up in front at the drop off place. When it rains this is very inconvenient. I know it was him because I was at this holiday in express for six days. I did not like this.

Great stay!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There were a few hairs in the bathroom, floor was a little sticky but overall pretty clean

Staff was very friendly and helpful, beds were comfy with plenty of pillows, everything looked modern, price was decent, location was good

Public bathroom to dirty.

Sprinklers in the room uninstalled 3rd floor, trash can at lobby bathroom are full and used igienic paper around the toilet floor, evidence of lack in the clean service for the public bathroom.

availabilty and late check in option.

Dispose of all it was a good experience and I would definitely book this hotel again.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pillows on the bed was too big, I still have pain on my neck and back for sleeping on such a high pillow. Next time I'll bring my own lol. Air conditioner works really well but it's so loud that even using my ear plugs I still had a hard time sleeping with that noisy machine.

We loved the location. The room was super clean, as I like, since I'm very allergic to dust. The breakfast were very good too, with a lot of different options.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

The location was very convenient.

Guess a quincetta or whatever you call a Sweet 15 was going on and our room must have been located right above the conference room. We heard every song. Thank goodness the beds slept like clouds.

The location was very convenient. Staff friendly. Had a great stay

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Well worth a stay

Everything was spotlessly clean. The coffee area had its own small sink, and the bathroom was roomy, with upgraded sink. Proximity to the airport was a plus.

Great weekend gone bad!

The noise coming from an event adjacent to the property.

It was an ideal location as far as everything you would need being close by, but this happened to be a car show weekend that was adjacent to the location of the hotel and the noise was quiet disturbing. The hotel was full and there was no other room to move to. Everyone complained.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

All a 10 with the exception of check in - itself!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Front desk check in lady. She barely spoke to us at all. No smile at all. Directly spoke "here's your room key". Didn't say a word about breakfast or points or weather - nothing.

Contemporary and clean room. Very friendly and accommodating breakfast staff..

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Me and my Kids had a great stay in a wonderful environment.

Me and my Kids had a great stay in a wonderful environment. The new hotel was super comfortable. Mary Azofeifa, the general manager was a lovely host and attended to our every need and questions. My daughter left an item and Mary contacted me.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Nice Relaxing Stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Receptionist did not tell me what time breakfast was and did not ask about my IHG Rewards points being added. The tub faucet leaked.

The overall appearance of hotel was good. Room and dining area were clean.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Good hotel that will be better when remodel is finished.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hotel was under remodeling which took away from overall comfort level.

Nice hotel being remodeled. Breakfast area very nice. Staff was friendly and helpful.

New accommodations

New accommodations

I like the staff and the room/work out room

I like the staff and the room/work out room

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The room and bathroom was nice and clean.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room and bathroom was nice and clean. Bed was comfortable. Staff was nice. Breakfast was good.

was good

Very Good staff - clean hôtel - Good breakfast

All of it

No dislikes

All of it

Excellent hotel, very clean and worth the price.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Great clean room. Fantastic bed, extremely friendly, helpful staff.

Love love love everything about it awesome breakfast fast...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Love love love everything about it awesome breakfast fast and pleasant customer service

The cleanliness, the convenient of the restaurant, etc.

nice place to stay.

The cleanliness, the convenient of the restaurant, etc.

It was recently remodeled.

It was recently remodeled. Beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly & breakfast was great.

Xxxxx

Xxxxxx

Xxxx

Was ruined by the dirty bathroom , with old soap from prior guests in shower

Old soap from prior guests in shower with hairs all over it

Beds were great

My stay was great, I will definitely choose this hotel again.

there were no dislikes

the place was clean and presentable, excellent service and breakfast

Will be back in 2 weeks

Over all enjoyed my stay and will be back again.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Turkey sausage was over cooked

All food was good except turkey sausage

I had a GREAT time.

I loved everything

HORRIBLE! booking was all wrong! management response was zero!and offensive

customer service! Police was called by me!

Rooms were big and soft bed

It was ok

To much of noise from the other customers making noise

It was ok

Would highly recommend.

Loved the breakfast. Everything was just wonderful. Will stay again when in area. Quiet and very comfortable.

No cot available for a young child to sleep in.

No cot available for a young child to sleep in.

I stayed for 4 nights and it was well worth the stay

i loved everything about this hotel. Very clean and comfortable. I recommend to anyone

the signage to the property was poor.

Cleanliness and comfort

I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay one more night. It was very comfortable.

Everything was good.

Didn't like the view

Nice location

Didn't like the view

Will rebook ten times over!

No continental breakfast.

Mattress and pillows were super comfortable. Bathroom was clean. Entire room was very updated and welcoming.

Very good

Breakfast time needs to be extended

The location was great, people very friendly, like the breakfast

I didn’t like the fact that it was about 20 minutes away...

I didn’t like the fact that it was about 20 minutes away from the beach and the pool was small. However, excellent staff and welcoming.

Nice

The walls are thin. Could hear conversations of other guests

Satisfied

15 - 20 from the beach

Large comfortable rooms. Good Cleanliness of facility and good breakfast.

VERY NICE HOTEL, WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN

VERY NICE

Wonderful

This place is amazing best value ever !! Loved the decor and size of rooms !

Great stay

Very clean and affordable

GREAT stay

Na

Hotel was next to a restaurant

The perfect place for a romantic getaway’

Nothing, it was great!

I loved how big and spacious the room was. Also the staff was helpful and friendly and the room was very clean.

Enjoyed our stay. Very courteous staff and comfortable arrangements.

Still needs some repair from the hurricanes. The exterior soffit was missing in places below the roof line.

Very friendly staff.

It was wonderful.

All of it. It was Fantastic. I enjoyed my stay and will return soon.

Good value and definitely recommended stay.

Layout of the main bedroom.

Good breakfast and very bright and comfortable bathroom.

Room was spacious, temperature easy to control.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Noisy neighbors. Probably the price was too high

Room was spacious, temperature easy to control.

would sray again

very nice / easy on & off I-95

Great Car Show at the Daytona Speedway!

No cancellation accepted after booking. If I had a medical or some other family emergency I would not be able to get a refund! That sucks!!!

Stayed one night and it was fine.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Tile floors in room were sticky.

Staff were really nice.

Not very friendly very loud at night with unruly guests

Eggs tasted fake