Reviews of Comfort Suites Houston Galleria 3 stars

6221 Richmond Avenue, Houston, TX 77057, USA

#170 of 389 hotels in Houston

Give Ms. Jackie and Ms.Barbara a raise!
    • King Suite

Everything! The staff was amazing. My sister and I were coming in from a Greyhound and needed to check in at 6 am. When I contacted the hotel and. Barbara answered and took care of everything for me even telling me to call for Jackie because she would be the one I’d meet the morning I arrived. Upon arrival Ms. Jackie was the sweetest woman I’ve ever met in my life. She treated me so well and told me to call her for anything at all and she always checked on me as she saw me to make sure I had been doing well throughout the whole trip. Once I left Ms. Barbara finally met me and was just as amazing. All of the staff was genuinely nice and helpful. The facilities could have been bad and just those two women would have made a bad hotel a good one. The facilities were excellent and I loved the room. Everything was clean and organized. I enjoyed the pool and loved the scenery! 10/10 anytime I stay in Houston I will be back at this hotel. I really hope Ms. Jackie and Ms. Barbara are still employees there.

Nice Stay! Breakfast is So So.
    • King Suite

The breakfast was not that good. The waffle maker waa nice but it was set too high and my waffle was burnt! Should offer different milk options like Almond milk or something with no lactose.

The fact that this properties appearance was better than expected. Everything was clean and it smelled so fresh when we arrived. I checked in early and my room was ready!

We were so pleased at everything, especially the help we were given by the desk ladies on directions
    • King Suite

There really was nothing that we didn’t like.

The two ladies at the desk on Saturday, June 30, 2018 were simply awesome-friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. They should be commended. They are an asset to your property.

Jackie the front desk attendant was so nice and very helpful.
    • King Suite

Did care for the fact we had to find out the hard way on Saturday the elevator was not working. If that happens it would be nice to have the signs placed on each floor prior to breakfast.

Jackie the front desk attendant was so nice and very helpful.

Overall we had a very pleasant stay.
    • King Suite

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Bathrooms were very clean, but our shower curtain was too short and allowed water to get on floor.They were supposed to change it but did not. Breakfast was good with a nice variety and ladies that worked it kept it well stocked. Facilities appeared to have been recently renovated. Area was a little far out for our purposes but that was due to us not knowing Houston.

Good hotel in Houston, Texas
    • King Suite

They where renovating the Pool area so we could not use it or sit outside in the lovely sun which we havent been told before we arrived.

Cosy and very nice personel - very clean everywhere.

Great staff but very poor experience and very disappointed with the hotel
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

Pool was not useable for the entire trip, water was totally off fir a whole day as in no shower, no sink and no flushing toilet and this worked intermittently for two days also. Workmen drilling outside our room every day working on the pool 7am-6pm and they wouldn’t move us to a different room

Staff were good and room was comfortable

Good front desk service.
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

Definitely ready for remodeling though the bathroom seemed better than the rest of the room. It was noisy due to poor wall insulation. Our room was facing a wall. Thankfully it was just for one night.

Good front desk service. Descent breakfast. Descent location.

If you have pets stay away!
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

The room and amenities were fine but I was not at all happy with how the staff handled my travelling with pets. I reserved this hotel through Booking.com, which stated that this location was pet friendly, I was moving for the military with my wife and dogs and since we were driving through Houston pet friendly hotels were in short supply so I got locked into my reservation. Once I arrived, after dealing with Houston traffic and being on the road for 5 days, I was told that the hotel didn't accept pets but that since it was advertised they would let them into the room. No sooner did we actually get to our room that the front desk calls and informs me that I will have to pay a $100 pet fee (the room was $70) since the closest hotel was a drive through downtown Houston in rush hour with a moving van, and since I got locked into my reservation I paid the ridiculous fee for a room that should have been pet friendly in the first place. Other than that the hotel seemed nice.

Excellent stay. Will use this Comfort Suites again in future.
    • King Suite

I liked every aspect from location,comfort of room,staff,the Continental breakfast. Couldn't have chosen a better place to stay for a weekend getaway.

The best recommendation is that we have stayed there the last four years when we have been in Housto
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

The breakfast options were great and different each morning, especially the waffles. The front desk people were helpful and the night lady was very friendly and welcoming. The beds were very comfortable with a good choice of pillows. The house keeping staff were very efficient.

The front desk staff were very helpful.
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

The front desk staff were very helpful. The breakfast was very good. The room was large. The equipment in the fitness room were in good working condition. There was ample parking.

I really enjoyed my stay. I would definitely come again!
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

I liked that the hotel was nice, clean, comfortable, and the staff was very nice. I enjoyed having a hot breakfast (eggs and meat each day along with toast, waffles, bagels, yogurt, cereal, pastries, etc.)

Ok for the money
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

Building could use some updates. Adult entertainment so close not ideal with young kids

Hotel was good for the cost of the stay. Lots of adult entertainment close by but also lots of restaurant choices and close to attractions.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.
    • King Suite

There were roaches I had to kill several times during my stay. These were not the small roaches but the bug water-bug type. This is my only real complaint.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Excellent free breakfast and cleanliness.
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

Window wall units (ac and heating system) need steam cleaning or be replaced.as they exude the smell of mold and other allergens.

Excellent free breakfast and cleanliness.

The bed was amazing, the room space was definitely a...
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

My ceiling light/fan and switches werent functioning so i had to use the bathroom light and wall lamp for lighting. Also the bathroom light didnt have a switch to turn off so the light was on all day and night.

The bed was amazing, the room space was definitely a surprise, so spacious. Loved the little microwave and eating area. Overall a tremendous area for a solo trip.

Clean room.
    • King Suite

Staff were rude! First question I was asked was "Do you drink?" I couldn't even rent the room because I am 18 years old?! I thought I could book a room, as the state law says, once you're 18 years old. Completely waste of my time to tell me the day of I came in that I couldn't book my reservation.

Clean room.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Comfortable short stay!
    • King Suite

Breakfast hot choices are very limited and tasteless. A few cold alternatives are on offer. The coffee is good though.

Spacious, comfortable, clean rooms and peace and quiet. Staff are very helpful and polite. Has a reasonably kitted out small gym and pool.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

I will never stay here again!
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

They had termites! And I had my 4 month old son with me sleeping in the bed they were crawling in it scared me so bad!

The room was a very nice size and looked very nice

Had an amazing 9 day stay.
    • King Suite

The breakfast and the staff were as excellent as can be. My 9 day stay there was amazing. Especially Jackie Griffith. She was very pleasantl and cheerful, and kind as can be. I will be staying at this location in the future and will highly recommend it to others. One more thing. My room was always kept clean daily by the cleaning staff. Excellent excellent excellent 😊👍

,.just as comfortable as home.
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

One of the front desk males , was not so helpful or freindly. Maybe he could stay in back ground. Maybe his skills are there.

Cleanliness, very imporant to me.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

They didn't have my reservation I requested double had...
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

They didn't have my reservation I requested double had to do king because didn't have reserved then when got double was told they move my luggage they didn't was told they would call when room available they didn't then when FINALLY got to room shower ran all night VERY FRUSTRATING TRIP instead of being comfortable I was MISERABLE lobby was very hot and uncomfortable

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Great Hotel Mini-Breakfast Buffet.
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

1. Couch in hotel suite room was flat and uncomfortable. 2. There were signs all over the parking lot saying "Lock All Cars,Take All Belongings Out" ... indicating this hotel property is vulnerable to car burglars. 3. The water pressure in the shower was weak.

1. Good location, literally about 8-10 mins. from the Galleria Mall and other cool stores/restaurants/strip malls all around the area. 2. Hotel staff was courteous and friendly. The hotel receptionist was from Brazil, and she made me feel very welcomed. 3. Room was nice, large size (but not really a "suite" since there was no actual separation between the beds and couch/living area. 4. TV had free cable. 5. The best part was the mini-hotel breakfast in the mornings (I included pics for everyone to see). The eggs, sausage, pastries tasted great. Had a variety of cereal, oatmeal, juice choices, etc.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Keep shopping
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

Peeling paint, outdated furnishing, location on a not so great street, latest check out is 12!!! I only paid 20 dollars more for the Hyatt Place and although they didn't have a microwave they were better in every other way.

It's not in the scenic galleria area as the name would imply but it is very close to it. They have a Kitchenette (sans sink). Breakfast was better than average.

Everything was good

Everything was good

Very good place

Our stay was comfortable and cozy, couldn’t have been any better. Thanks for a great stay!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Couldn’t have been any better.

For the amount of money, this room was spectacular! Exceeded every expectation!

Very comfy and affordable
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Staff, Jackie was great and helpful

The service was exceptional,the room super clean and the bed...
    • King Suite

The service was exceptional,the room super clean and the bed very comfortable. Will definitely come back.

Very clean, comfortable beds, and very friendly staff!
    • King Suite

Very clean, comfortable beds, and very friendly staff!

Home from Home
    • King Suite

The staffs, breakfast and the cleanness. A wonderful place to stay for an international visitor.

The rooms were spacious.

No water pressure

The rooms were spacious.

Great stay!

Mold in bathroom ceiling

Comfortable and friendly staff. Brenda was fabulous!!

The room was excellent
    • King Suite

Ac was not working good.

The room was excellent

We enjoyed our stay and we'll stay here when we return to Houston.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff was exceptional and very helpful.

Quiet, comfortable, great location fort Galleria and west side of Houston
    • King Suite

Staff was extra helpful. Breakfast was excellant

It was good
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

Having no water service for half a day

Staff, water shower pressure, cleanliness

My stay was pleasant. I like it

The breakfast

Hospitality of the staff and location

Accommodations were good and staff very friendly. Will stay there again.
    • King Suite

The staff was great. They were friendly and accommodating.

My stay was wonderful.

Their services

Their services were good.

Nice room, nice staff
    • King Suite

Parking set up, stray dogs

Staff was amazingly helpful.

Stay was just fine

Everything was fine

Big rooms, friendly staff
    • King Suite

Very friendly staff! And a bunch of restaurants in a short walking distance. The rooms are huge and the breakfast is good.

Good place to stay
    • King Suite

There was no ice machine on the 1st floor.

The staff were very friendly. The rooms are spacious and clean.

Staff was great,but not enough to ever let me stay there again

Room

Front desk staff

Value for money

Value for money

nice and pleasant.

better price

nice and pleasant. But charges may be different to what is displayed on Booking.com

The hotel is near to many services
    • King Suite

The housekeeping service, forgot to clean my room two days and leave me coffee.

The hotel is near to many services

Good

Nice place

Perfect location-not in a super busy area but still close to many things.
    • King Suite

Key card kept on demagnetizing. Never seen something like that at that extent. Every day I had to get a new key card.

Overal nice place.

Good stay
    • King Suite

Desk was helpful in getting discounted rates

The front persons
    • King Suite

I came from Mexico city and a guy in Front don't accept my debit card cause it not show my name, but is my debit card :(

The front persons

A comfortable stay at Comfort Suites
    • King Suite

The pool was a bit dirty

The breakfast and the everyday clean up of the rooms

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Great place to stay!
    • King Suite

Everything was great. Friendly staff... Sid at the front desk was so sweet. My room was very clean and bed was comfy!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Great customer service
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

Jackie at the front desk was awesome!

Poor internet access, TV set works improperly, rooms odor...
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

Poor internet access, TV set works improperly, rooms odor not good. I have to move 3 times to change of the room.

Great breakfasts!

I have no complaints.

Great breakfasts!! Clean facilities! I would choose this property again.

Give Jackie a big ass raise.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Wifi was pretty bad until I said something. Jackie went about fixing it within 24 hours of me mentioning it.

Jackie is an angel. Please pay her more.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Great for the price and location
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

Beds were quite hard. Old exercise equipment

Breakfast was above and beyond. Coffee was great.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

It was fine
    • King Suite

Air conditioners need to be updated

Close to family

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Hotel staff was very helpful and really nice, room was clean...
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

Hotel staff was very helpful and really nice, room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

The room it's self was perfect.
    • King Suite

The room it's self was perfect. Awesome bed and the bathroom was huge! Over all it was an amazing stay

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Hotel accomodations were nice.
    • King Suite

Location to our venue, had to cross too much traffic .

Hotel accomodations were nice.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

It was a nice hotel in the area.
    • King Suite

The room took a while to cool down.

The staff, they were excellent.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

the lady that checked me in 'JACKIE' she was very...
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

the lady that checked me in 'JACKIE' she was very helpful! went above and beyond !

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

The hotel need immediate intervention. It is susceptible to collapse.
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

Upper floors are vibrating. Not suitable to lodge many people at a time. Lift needs immediate repairs. Makes a lot of cringy noise when in use.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Location n cheerful staff

Location n cheerful staff

Wonderful hotel stay
    • King Suite

Check out was a little early for me

Very spacious and the front desk clerk was very kind

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

The lady who checked us in was fantastic.
    • King Suite

The lady who checked us in was fantastic. Very nice,and helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Fair enough

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The Best Yet!
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

I loved everything about this hotel and most definitely book again!😍😍😍😍

• Reviewed: 17 January 2016

If you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel and you...

If you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel and you don't really care for the grandiose rooms located downtown and the galleria. This is your place to stay. You can't really beat the price for the location, it's located minutes from galleria and about 10 mins from downtown. Stayed here for 4 nights and the neighborhood was safe and you have FREE onsite parking.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

The breakfast was good.

Felt unsafe about thugs hanging outside of back parking lot where I parked. Staff did not accomodate the need for two beds like I requested when booked. Sofa bed was so uncomfortable, housekeeping didn't come in the two days I was there.

The breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2015

Best thing was the location which was very convenient for me...

Room should have cupboard or some kind of inbuilt storage facility to keep suitcase, cloths etc. King size rooms are in hotel but no cupboard!!

Best thing was the location which was very convenient for me to go to my workplace. Moreover hospitality was superb.Staff was very courteous and polite. Room size' cleanliness was good. Overall stay was enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

Value for money.

Location not that great to move around. Could have some type of hotel shuttle van for small radius distances, such us to the Galleria, Walmart, Micro center, Harwin, etc.

Value for money. Paid an excellent price for the stay.

There are also 33 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.