Reviews of Comfort Suites Gateway 3 stars

596 Al Henderson Boulevard, Savannah, GA 31419, USA

#44 of 135 hotels in Savannah

The property was close to 95 South.
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

The room had some areas that were not clean. There was hair on the bed, and small portions on the carpet that lined the wall had a white powdery substance.

The property was close to 95 South. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Okay
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

The breakfast area and staff working the breakfast. It was too small for the amount of people staying there and had to wait in a long line just for a muffin. The way the breakfast area is originize is the reason for the long lines. Need to move the wallfle maker to its own table, people who wanted just a muffin had to wait until the personnel was complete marking a waffle brfore the line would move. Also, the breakfast staff seem like they where not happy to be their doing their job. I simply informed her they where out of spoons. She gave me a “ look” and went into the back room. The spoons where refilled but didn’t need the attitude, I was very respectful when I informed her.

Ease of checkin and the room.

Will not come back here again, ever.
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

The sink in bathroom was clogged. Took two days to get it fixed. Coffee fixings (we did not use) should NOT be kept in bathroom. I put it on desk and it kept being put back in bathroom. UGH!!! Key did not work on third day. Maid walked in on us. Did NOT knock. Older hotel in the mist of getting refurbished. Breakfast was so so. I only could have toast and milk. The muffins were damp. Bananas over ripe. No hot chocolate available. Eggs look awful and no bacon. My husband did eat the waffles and juice. Glass around pool and breakfast area VERY dirty and should be cleaned. Backs of chairs in breakfast area dirty. Fire place mantel needs repair.

It did have a refrigerator and microwave. Cabinet where refrigerator was needs repair.

Your website is incorrect, I booked a smoking king that was...
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Your website is incorrect, I booked a smoking king that was non -refundable, got there to check in and it's a100% smoke free facility found out ALL COMFORT INNS ARE SMOKE FREE stayed a total of 30 mins wife had to go from second floor through motel out across parking lot to smoke, CORRECT YOUR WEBSITE

The rooms were clean and very spacious.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The equipment in the workout room wasn’t working, the heater on the pool wasn’t working and the side doors would pick and choose if they would open with your key card.

The rooms were clean and very spacious. I enjoyed having the breakfast available and most of the staff was very accommodating and helpful, especially to a group of pre-teens with lots of questions.

Good choice for a short stay along I-95
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

Breakfast area was not well-designed and several items were out of stock.

Room was large and clean and well-supplied. Hotel was quiet and very convenient to interstate.

Very disappointed
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

Breakfast was too small (we had to stand and wait in queue for 10 minutes) and not tasty (you can not find any fruits, vegetables, fresh eggs, cheese or ham or even any sausages eatable for children). The lady taking care about the breakfast room was rude and impolite. She looked the door from inside and my 7 years old son, who went out for a minute to the restroom, could not get inside!! She didn't want to let him in. The receptionists are impolite when you have any problem.

Rooms were quite big and rather clean.

Not really worth it.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Just kinda run down. They replaced the blow dryer but didn't paint around it. So there was a circle of white around it. Rust on bathroom hinges. A lot of dust next to the bed by ac unit. Trim had a lot of plaster on it. They said the pool was heated which it was not.

Location was nice.

Most enjoyable
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

The lovely receptionist who went out of her way to let us stay in our room for a second night even though they were really busy. Also liked there were nice restaurants within walking distance.

The front desk people were very nice and respectful to me...
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

We had a great stay at the hotel but one thing I have to complain about a room attendant that came to me that was very rude I was trying to get a towel off the card and he said to me next time I should ask and also he said some other things in another language that I could not understand so this made me give you guys a little bit of a poor rating I would like to say that everything would have everything else was great thank you

The front desk people were very nice and respectful to me also my kids had a great time at this hotel is very clean and I loved it

It was ok but not worth the money we spent!!
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Small room, not the room I seen in the picture. The fridge did not work. The chair in the room had stains all over it.The light above the spa tub did not work. Not worth 220 dollars a night!!

The bed was big and room was clean..

Toliet would not flush and front desk clerk told me I could...
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

Toliet would not flush and front desk clerk told me I could come and get plunger. I reported the issue 5 min after checking in. That was her only solution. She had an attitude since i didnt want to take care of the issue myself. I told her I didnt come to a hotel to plunge a toilet that was already clogged from the moment of check in. I believe her name was Jennifer. She was clearly overwhelmed with everyone checking in at the same time. She was the only person working and she said she was new.

Would stay again

Funny odor in lobby

Comfortable room. Within walking distance of several restaurants. Sets back from main interstate so no loud road noises. Yippee!! Good breakfast, plenty of towels in bathroom.

OVERALL, A PLEASANT STAY
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT AND COFFEE WAS WEAK AND WARM.

ROOM WAS VERY CLEAN AND BED WAS VERY COMFORTABLE. HOTEL CONVENIENT TO SIGHTSEEING DESTINATIONS.

It was passable for a one night, just-passing-through stay. But I will never choose Comfort again.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was musty and moldy. We have allergies and this made for a very rough night of sleep. The coffee in the lobby was cold. It was also pretty awful tasting in both the lobby and the breakfast room. The breakfast was poor. There was an extremely limited selection, with absolutely nothing to eat for people with food allergies (such as eggs, Dairy, gluten, soy - which are VERY common allergies). Not even any fresh fruit.

The staff didn’t give us directions to our room. We found the gym and other amenities ourselves.
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

The decor was shabby. Door to the fridge was falling off the hinges. The carpet needed to be cleaned, and there were several stains on the walls.

Breakfast was good, bed was comfortable.

My stay was adequate but next time this would not be my first choice of a place to stay.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room had a stale smell to it. The facility was showing its age. The breakfast had a fairly limited menu.

The location was within walking distance to a Ruby Tuesday restaurant.

Someone is running what is basically a lovely hotel on the cheap!
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

HORRIBLE BREAKFAST! The hard-boiled eggs were like rubber balls. The biscuits were hard as rocks. The attendant said, "Oh, you have to microwave them to soften them." Other hotels serve them fresh. These were at least 3 days old. After the first morning, we ignored the free breakfast and at nearby restaurants for breakfast. There are repairs that have been made in the rooms that were done quick and on the cheap, such as corner bumpers that are ugly and on with screws that are not counter-sunk. (Not sure why the photo is sideways, but you can see the bumpers are the wrong color and the screws.)

The rooms included a sitting area and two double beds. Five of us were able to sit together in one room (if we borrowed a chair from one of our other rooms). The beds were comfortable and the shower had a handicap bar, which I always appreciate.

I enjoyed my stay and will be back when I visit the area.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The hot tub wasnt clean enough to use. Even after I cleaned it myself after turning on the jacuzzi part there was buildup of something coming out of the jets.

I enjoyed the room. The bed was comfortable.

Trip with family
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Wish the pool had been outside. It was indoor n the chlorine smelled awful.

Very good rate for the room size. Queen suite with two queen beds n a pullout sofa. Disability accessible Bathroom with large shower.

Great value for money and wonderful place to relax after a hard day of driving.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Initially staff person checking us in was not welcoming or very friendly. Other staff were, however, very pleasant.

Room was very attractive, spacious and clean. Bed was extremely comfortable. Bathroom was a very nice size and had plenty of hot water. TV was easy to operate. Breakfast was very nice with something for everyone. The front desk person we dealt with initially and could have been more welcoming, but staff we dealt with later were very nice. There was a great seafood restaurant named Love's nearby. Highly recommend this!

I will never return!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Where to begin.... We were given a room that had a strong stench and when we asked for a switch, the front desk attendant was pretty unfriendly about it, though she did ultimately come through. The room we were assigned had stains on the carpet, the furniture was old and beat up and the hot water in the shower ran out after a short time. The air conditioner was extremely noisy, but when you turned it off, the room smelled bad. The kind lady that tried her best to keep up with the morning breakfast crowd is overworked!! She's a senior citizen, for pete's sake, give her a break and a raise!!

The lobby was large and pleasant. The location, though further out of town than we thought, was quiet and had many restaurant choices nearby. The outside of the hotel was attractive.

Close to downtown and good for just a place to sleep.
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

Breakfast was impossible to get to with so many people. There were like two luggage carts to service the entire hotel. They didn't have our reservation because of something to do with the interface between Booking and their software. Long wait to check in because of it. Luckily they had rooms.

The room was clean.

See above

Elevators were down

The elevators were not working, the pullout sofa sheets had dirt on them, don’t think they were clean. The continental breakfast ended at nine would like to of seen that extend it to at least 10

The stay was great, but too far away from where we went everyday which was tybee island beach.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I didnt like that there wasnt a balcony. Also, the last day we were there the elevator didnt work so we had to take all of our stuff from 3 floors at least 3 times.

The room was nice. I could see the highway.

Exactly what we needed after a long day
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The toilet seat was so loose I had to tighten it. I would think that was something that should have been noticed when housekeeping was cleaning the toilet.

Great location off I 95 on our way to Florida. The lobby is inviting. Very quiet, absolutely no traffic noise despite proximity to the interstate. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. There are several restaurants within walking distance. Free breakfast wasn’t elaborate, but it was convenient and we were satisfied. The breakfast room was separate and good sized. I would definitely stay here again

Overall, it left a lot to desire.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

They had 1 elevator, the last day and night we were there, it was out of order, we were on the top floor. Their breakfast was extremely "light continental", we were supposed to have queen suite, we had a "double" bed "suite"?? The toilet broke the first night, they repaired it quickly. The air conditioner never worked well--when you turned the thermostat down to cool the room, it would not turn off, when you turned it up, the heater came on even if the thermostat was just set to cool so you just had to turn it off. This was, by far, the poorest Comfort Suites I have ever stayed in and it is, generally, my destination facility

The location was convenient to where we wanted to be.

Will not stay there again because of the safety factor
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

Found that the smoke detector did not work. Had to change the battery myself. Had a battery in it that said best used by Mar. 2015. End of battery was swollen. Had to change rooms. How many other rooms do they have that the detectors are not working.

Overall the property was good and comfortable

The place could definitely use some maintenance.
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

The place could definitely use some maintenance. It seems big but it's really not a hard to get around. The pool was the worst it had an overwhelming bleach smell and big chunks of hair on the wall.

Location is great.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The heating/cooling system is a bit noisy and there isn't a digital thermostat, it is the old style dial of cold to hot.

Location is great. Right off 95.

Satisfactory
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

I was locked of my room and when I went to the front desk. I was told that room was under someone else’s name, when I already been in the room for two days already. I talked to the front desk and I thought the mix up was resolved but it wasn’t. The morning of my check the print out of fee was put under the door, with the wrong name on the paper. I talked to the front desk again, so I hope the misunderstanding was fix.

Everything was satisfactory.

Can’t wait to stay there again. We will be back .
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I have no complaints great value and service . I would highly recommend . Indoor pool was also a big plus!!

Room was very clear and the staff was more than helpful. The breakfast was delicious!’

this hotel is dilapidated the furniture was cracked and...
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

this hotel is dilapidated the furniture was cracked and destroyed the bathroom beyond stained and filthy not cleaned in weeks we actually did not shower or use the bathroom the side of the tub had dents and holes . how does that even happen to a tub tv goes out constantly no stations the carpet and bedding was pathetic and basically prison like could not wait to get out I left my luggage in the car for fear of bed bugs.

Was not disappointed!

......

We really enjoyed our stay here, the customer service was great and the housekeeping staff was outstanding! Anytime we visit Savannah from now on, this will be our go to place for comfort!

Location for traveling to Pooler, Sav, etc.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Being next to a stairwell when I reserved a King Spa room. The breakfast setup. The waffle and toast station should be on a different table. The line gets backed up due to those two stations being on the same table with other breakfast items.

Location for traveling to Pooler, Sav, etc.

The girls were happy and so we are happy.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool wasn’t the cleanest most appealing pool. My girls love to swim so I let them but I wasn’t excited about them swimming in it or walking around it. Could def use some tlc. Rooms could be refreshed as well.... some hotels make you feel like your vacation.... I was more worried than relaxed. Just could also use some tlc and updating.

The staff was great! So helpful! Love them! The lady who checked us in - I can’t remember her name was so great. She gave us advice and suggestions as to what to do in Savannah. She made us want to comeback. Also the lady who called us and told us we left behind our ipad was awesome as well. Thank you for having such great staff there.

Beautiful, Clean, Stocked room.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Booking.com labelled the location Historic District. This Motel is off I-95. The Historic District is a 20 min drive 2 exits up I-95. That'll teach me won't it.

Beautiful, Clean, Stocked room. Linens and towels were fantastic

Breakfast could have offered a greater variety.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast could have offered a greater variety. For example. Regular oatmeal as compared to the instant packages.There was some issue with plumbing in the bathroom. Toilet made gurgling sounds throughout the stay. It was annoying and seemed like it was pressure in the plumbing line wanting to back up in tub and toilet.

The bed was very comfortable, room was extremely clean.
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

The pool was cold and there were no towels in the pool area.

The bed was very comfortable, room was extremely clean. Was right off I-95 so we didn’t have to drive miles to get to it. It was a very nice stay, we were on our way home from FL and decided to stop for the evenening. You can also walk to Ruby Tuesday just by crossing a foot bridge over the ditch line.

Good hotel for a stopover
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

The breakfast could improve a bit more. The swimming pool was really little.

The room can fit a family of 5 people. It has two double beds and a sofa bed that pulls out. The two beds are rather comfortable. The sofa bed can do for one night or two.

Will spread the word to friends & family.....don't stay here and take your own breakfast foods.
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

There were two employees at check-in. One was quite pleasant....the other had a terrible attitude and did not make us feel welcome at all. A very bad start to our stay. The room was decent - but sofa bed was ridiculously terrible. A family member had to sleep on that awful thing. Facilities need to be renovated badly....pool area was gross. There was a rusty patio adjoining pool area - gross. And complimentary breakfast items were disgusting beyond words. It's not hard to do it right folks. We won't stay at your brand hotels again.

Main beds in room were decent. Bathroom was clean.

This place was very nasty and smelled horrible. Mold, dirt, and poop on walls/chair and stains.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The room had a HORRIBLE smell and was nasty. Stains on bed, poop on the chair in the room, hair dryer in the bathroom and door frames. What looked like blood on bathroom door frame. Mold in the shower ceiling. Dirt all over the floors like they have never been vacuumed. I have never seen anything like this in my life. We will not be back. For some reason it will not let me rate it zero stars because that's what it deserves.

Nothing. It was truly disgusting.

It was mediocre at best.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Problems paying for room with a Visa, bank states all was good on their end. Breakfast disgusting, facilities probably used to be nice, pool looked like plantar wort city and my son was bit by bed bugs ( I have seen bites before ) Just overall Meh...

I had a bed to sleep in and a shower.

Felt unsafe
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

At check in, clerk spoke unprofessional to me, about person who checked in before me because he had trouble getting his key to work. When turning on the heart, the smoke detector went off and continued to beep loudly because it detected smoke. The smell was NOT hear, it was like electrical wiring burning. When I tried to report it, staff did not care. Said it was common.

We had a nice stay!
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

The indoor pool is advertised as "heated," but was room temp at best... a little chilly.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The coffee was great! And, there was an "Old Town Trolley" shuttle bus available to take us into town!!

I can appreciate everything that was offered ie.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The pull out bed mattress definitely could be replaced and up dated. There was no padding and only springs for support.SO we all and to double up.

I can appreciate everything that was offered ie. Staff, room, and the price.

Lot of places to eat close.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Long way from downtown Savanna. The room was not clean when we got there. Paper and coffee stir stick on the floor. My wife did not like that HGTV was not available on the TV. Eggs that looks like fried eggs were in water in the serving pan. The coffee was empty more than once.

Room on bottom floor. Halls well light.

Adequate.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The pillows we're plentiful however, they we're EXTREMELY soft and flat. The free breakfast was lacking at best.Hard biscuits and a crusty crockpot full of "gravy". The hotel was not convenient to downtown Savannah....30 min away. There was almost no Handicap parking and little regular parking that wasn't always full.

Thwe water pressure and in room hot tub was great.

Overall, worth the money and a nice hotel.
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

When we returned to get cleaned up and rest around 3 o'clock the first full day we were in town our rooms were not yet cleaned and were unable to relax like we hoped.

The room was spacious and the overall lobby, breakfast, welcoming staff was great! They accommodated us wanting to have our rooms close by at the time of checkout. That made our stay that much better!

The staff was very friend they signed me up for the choice...
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Everything was. Excellent it was nothing that we didnt like

The staff was very friend they signed me up for the choice hotel explained it to me told us what time breakfast was and also consider me parking on a certain side since my hotel room was located on that side

2nd stay overnight stay here and will book again if needed.
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

Breakfast could have been a little better as both waffle makers were broken and eggs looked premade.

The reservation from Booking.com did not come thru but property staff matched everything that was shown in the confirmation. Room was clean and quiet.

dirty filthy rude unproessional
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

the first room we got had black chunks of idk what on the bed for the ac & dry boogers on the side of the beds after that we were moved and our room upgraded? more like down graded. the ac had white mold in it. burn marks that looked like it shot out of eltc outlets such as fan and fire alarm cigarette burn marks on sheets in a non-smoking room staff was rude & unprofessional ( they were busy on their phones and acting as if we weren't there) will be writing the company about getting a refund...... this place was not worth the $90+ we paid it was more like $15 cheap roach motel in the hood

breakfast was the only good thing about this place. everything was made fresh a full free continental breakfast

Pleasantly surprised.
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

Did not have the breakfast. Was not hungry at the time, but it appeared to be your typical continental type breakfast. Room was roomy, clean and the bed was very comfortable.

It was relaxing with good convenientance to good food. Close to downtown.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Not enough patio setting to have a drink relax and maybe a cigar.

Breakfast was good but could change the egg up to maybe scrambled and have bacon instead of just link sausage . Keep towel full at pool.

Enjoy our stay.
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

A car parked in between 2 handicap parking places where there should be not parking. We could hardly get into our car the other handicap could not get into the driver's side of the car. When I complained I was told that it was private property and the police would not ticket the car. Because the hotel were full, cars could park anywhere including that space. I always thought it was against the law since it is posted with a fine.

Excellent breaksfast

Hideous and tacky !
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

In all fairness I never stay in hotels under four stars but went by the hotel rating in this case since it was a long weekend and didn’t have many options. I was extremely dissatisfied. This hotel is outdated and a tacky chandelier at the entrance with plastic flowers tells you what’s to come. Then the front desk girl was sleeping when we arrived. The hallways smelled like someone was smoking pot. Continental breakfast was disgusting. Just dirty and hideous all over.

Only stay if you have to.
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

Absolutely filthy bathroom, the tub was atrocious and there was scum markings along the shower walls. The floor was disgusting as well. My husband mentioned breakfast looked like your usual mediocre hotel breakfast and was going to get food however a child openly coughing over the food turned him away from that idea. Would be nice if there was a staff member stationed to prevent this.

Convenient location

Many hotels in the area - will try a different one next time.
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

The fitness center was very dirty. Wanted to use the treadmill but was turned off by the condition of the room. Breakfast was poor.

The location is great- just off I95. Comfortable room and a good value.

Would stay again
    • King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The toilet tank lid (room 328)has a nasty black rim where it sets on the tank, otherwise the room was very clean. The tub faucet needs screwed on/tightened as it fell off. Eggs at breakfast were nasty. Would love to have had scrambled eggs, they taste better after frozen.

The whirl pool tub in the king suite was great after a long day of walking and playing. GREAT location for us. Staff was very friendly. Smelled clean. The room was clean. Safe location.

Sofa bed blues curry in the air
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

These hotels are all the same. Small rooms. They seem to pack visitors together and then you listen to other people's conversation through the walls as you try to fall asleep.

The sofa bed was dirty and old. The staff were friendly but the smell of Indian cooking was overpowering on the second floor.

The rooms was not ready at 6pm.
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

The bedroom have broken furniture .staff Needs a little organization and better prepared workers at front desk.

The rooms was not ready at 6pm. We wait few minutes to enter and For some reason the restaurant nearby was closed. I did not like the staff.

It was an overall pleasant stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I was very unhappy when the waterline broke and there was no water for hours delaying my time to leave the hotel to go enjoy the activities of the day.

I enjoyed a comfortable bed and spacious room. I appreciated the helpfulness of the desk clerks and the breakfast lady.

okay
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

I was there for 4 nights the first night was on a Saturday so the the next day i was off work. The next day was Sunday i left property early about 8 AM I returned at 6 PM my room had not been serviced at all . The front desk gave me fresh towels and no reason for my room not being serviced . I travel over 200 days a year i have time for dumb mistakes on my stay .

Breakfast was good

Yuck.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was a handicap room which may have been due to availability. But it did not suit our needs. Bathroom had a weird smell. Breakfast was truly awful. They were out of almost everything. There was only one person on and she was understandably overwhelmed. The cook left before the time was up. No eggs or bacon. I had a dry biscuit which was terrible. I do understand that the weather certainly may have a factor in all of this. However I was not pleased. In contrast our xperience in Carlisle Pa the night before was WONDERFUL.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff were not friendly. The breakfast was disgusting. Also the rooms are dirty and old fashioned. Additionally we had a King suite and it was more like a standard room. The furniture was scratched and the carpet disgusting. We will look for other hotels in the future. We choose this one because of the reviews that said it was a 8 or more. Hugh? We think the rooms should be a lot cheaper!

You get what you pay for
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast wasn't very good. Adequate for an overnight.

The price was nice. Everything was just....ok. This hotel was the least expensive of the hotels in our filtered choice of hotels.

Asolutely great!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was great on the day of our checkout! The hotel staff was friendly, and we enjoyed staying in a clean room with access to a fridge, coffee pot, and microwave, and other amenities.

Overall is fine.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Ammm, the facilities are a bit old, parking is free which is good but sometimes full. The worst is the air conditioner, it was so noisy that I could not get to sleep until I turned it off and it was almost 4am…the breakfast is free but almost everything was cold. Fair enough for a one day stay but no more days I guess.

The staff are friendly.

Great location with good value for the price.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Water pressure could have been a little higher in the shower. Lots of noise in the hallways and the room above, but I travel with noise cancelling headphones so it didn't impact my sleep.

Great bed. Excellent room layout with plenty of space. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was quite good. I have stopped at this hotel 3 times on my way to or from Florida. Easy on/off access to I-95.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Due to the overall look of the room, the price of the room was too high.
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

Furniture in room was terribly scratched up with huge gouges in all pieces. Furniture was cheap anyway, but it made the room look like a lower class hotel. It was very deceiving to see a beautiful chandelier in the lobby and stay in a room that needed decent furniture. No exhaust fan in bathroom.

Beautiful foyer and ease of elevator to get to our room. Carpeting in room seemed updated and walls were painted fine. Beds seemed comfortable enough. Ease of parking, good location to interstate and restaurants.

It was as perfect as an overnight layover on the road can be ....
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

The fact that after parking the car,checking in at the desk ...I never needed to move the car to where the room was, as in motels with the room entrance to the outside, It was like a hotel vs. motel

the Location is very central to all points of interest in...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The adjoining door meant we could hear the guests in the next room drunk talking until 3am

the Location is very central to all points of interest in Salem

Great stay.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was good about the motel, the staff were friendly, bed was comfortable, breakfast was good, parking convenient, close to restaurants.

I liked how close it was to the church I wanted to visit and...
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

It was noisy at night and I’m not exactly sure what it was. It might have been other people staying there; but I was surprised that I could hear it.

I liked how close it was to the church I wanted to visit and Tybee Island.

A clean place to sleep.
    • Double Suite - Non Smoking

1)Items that should have been stocked in the room we’re not. Anything needed I had to retrieve myself, only one person to help in entire motel. 2) Constantly waiting for elevator. Only one for 4 floors of rooms.

Browse Comfort Suites Gateway traveller photo gallery