Reviews of Comfort Suites Historic District 3 stars

630 West Bay Street, Savannah, GA 31401, USA

#62 of 135 hotels in Savannah

• King Suite

Fuzz all over the outlets. No WiFi, booked for 3... had no linens for the pullout couch. When we asked for some, had to go get them at 11pm, after we had already prepared for bed. Had to get redressed and go get ourselves.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I wish the pool was bigger and the elevator was a faster but other than that this place was Great!

Perfect! The bed was so comfortable that I slept like I was at home in my own bed! The whole hotel was very clean and the security guard made me and my family feel safe! The staff is friendly and the free breakfast was good!

• King Suite

There was absolutely no WiFi. My girlfriend and I both went over our data, and were of course charged for it. We talked to 3 different people at the front desk. One person said they would fill out a trouble ticket and get back to us, they didn’t. The other two staff members did zilch.

The continental breakfast was good, and the room was clean.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

There really wasn't anything we didn't like.

We loved the shuttle services. It made our trip stress free not having to worry about where to go and finding parking.

• King Suite

Room furniture was shabby could use make over. bathroom floor was very dirty tile need update to something easier to clean. Room service were great. shuttle service needs work called at 7:30 for a ride from River street elevator told us it was out of service till 8:00 so we had to walk back to the property. When we arrived back the shuttle was in front of the hotel and the driver emerged from the back room with a female employee. We are elderly and could of used that ride.

breakfast was very good and fresh

• King Suite

should not call this hotel in historic district

room was very large, breakfast had great choices, the only problem was we had to walk three blocks to the start of historic section. They had handy shuttle if you wished

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The location wasn't exactly what I expected - a little farther from downtown than I wanted. BUT for the value - it was great.

The room was clean and plenty of room for 4 people. The shower was GREAT!

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

What I didn't like was the parking fee. I had to pay $20. a day for the privilege to park at my hotel/motel. I am a choice member and I would think that would get me some discount or a write off at least!

The food was very good. The staff was super. They had a shuttle service that took you where ever you needed to go and when you called them they would come pick you up as soon as possible. The rooms were great! The beds were so good!! I wish all Comfort Suites met these same standards.

• King Suite

LOVED the shuttle service around the historic district!! We used it quite often and was amazed at how quick they were to pick us up or drop us off. Didn’t like having to pay for parking at the hotel but after seeing what parking was like in the historic district we realized the extra charge for parking at the hotel was very reasonable especially since we did not have to use our car at all thanks to the shuttle. Wished we knew about the concierge service-we would have used it. All the staff was very helpful.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

When I came in after hours one night my key card did not work at the front door so I had to go around to the side. Low water pressure.

Very close to downtown Savahnna.

• King Suite

Towel racks in the bathroom are needed if you want to encourage folks to reuse the towels.

I drink English Breakfast Tea, which is very common, but the staff said they didn't have it, Otherwise,the breakfast was great!

• King Suite

Taxes and fees added $20+ plus parking was another $20 bumping what was a 'value' price higher than my acceptable range [did not read of these original purchase, hidden? not sure]. After sunset, dark streets were ominous walking back from riverfront [last 2 blocks w/o street lights].

Location great for downtown Savannah. Very comfortable room; large bathroom.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The shuttle although they don’t have a bar/restaurant the shuttle will take you to the area with all shopping/restaurants anytime you want and bring you back anytime you want no set times

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Toilet in room was rusted and scarred. Made it look dirty. Location is not as described as the historic district rather several blocks down in a not so good section. Had to pay $20 dollars to park in an unsecured parking lot across the street from public housing.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The room was dingy and the bathroom was gross. Couldn’t walk anywhere with out your shoes on. Carpet felt dirty.

Staff was friendly and always helpful.

• King Suite

Could have been a bit cleaner. The location was great, but don't think I would like to be walking around the hotel late at night.

The location was great to the downtown historic district. We were able to easily access the trolley tour which was our main focus. Breakfast was good, but needed a bit more attention to keeping it stocked. It was also very busy when we were there and had to sit in an adjacent meeting room.

• King Suite

Wasn’t able to connect to the “free” WiFi. I was charged $20 a night to park on the premises. Never had to pay for parking in the hotel that I was renting a room from. I could have paid $20 more a night for a nicer room.

Clean room. Good location.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Bed was like sleeping on a waterbed. Whenever you moved the other side of the bed bounced and disturbed the other sleeper. Jacuzzi was dirty, pool was very small and a mandatory 10 pm shut down of pool an exercise area was in place. Breakfast was bland with little taste. Also had CNN playing constantly in which I despise opinion news. Drink machine was $2.75 for a 20 oz drink. Security guard look and spoke to you like you were in prison. On top of all this you have to pay to park. We cut our vacation short and left a day early.

Concierge service was good. Fruit and milk was good.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Often finding the reception empty.

I loved the room, the bed was great, the breakfast menu too. But it was weird to have to send a request before they clean your room. The free shuttle rides to and from the Historic District was a big plus.

• King Suite

Had to pay for parking. Door handle on bathroom was loose. Seat cover on office chair was torn and tattered looking. For the price that was paid room should have been pristine. Internet did not work we were told it wa the fault of the service. Web page said free wifi.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Room looked run down. Tub didn't drain while showering, toilet was very stained. Freezer in fridge didn't have a door so dripped water everywhere in fridge. Had to pay $20 everyday we parked our car at the hotel and a $10 transportation fee. There was not much parking out throughout the destinations. The hotel did shuttle us everywhere but if you are handicap this is not a good destination at all. Our daughter with cp had problems getting in and out of shuttle van. Also pool was very small and glassed in in lobby. I wouldn't want all incoming visitors to see me in my bathing suit relaxing by the pool.

Beds were comfortable and staff was very nice

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom vanity was dusty and dirty. The carpet looked soiled.

Bed was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good. Location and transportation was very good.

• King Suite

None of the following infuriated us or would keep us from staying again. These are merely reflections: Coffee was not fresh through the day. The cleaning crew left our door open for hours while we were away, but we were compt for the inconvenience. One morning we woke up to the smell of septic. The pool’s chlorine smell was nauseating and kept us from swimming.

The property location was excellent for what we wanted to see while in Savannah. The complimentary chauffeur was a great touch. The morning front desk lady was extremely friendly and helpful.

• King Suite

WiFi never worked on my Ipad. Front doors locked late at night, with no card access. The security guard had to come open it, and seemed a little annoyed. Also the movie channels had child lock passcodes that were locked.

Location was perfect walking distance to downtown. Staff super friendly and helpful.

• King Suite

Arrived early, only two cars in the parking lot, desk clerk said the room was clean and ready to go, but her manager said we had to wait, return in three hours to check in.

Cleaning staff were all very friendly, helpful and professional.

• King Suite

Insufficient desk staff. Had to wait quite a while to check in. Others were around but didn't offer to help. Housekeeping used their access keys and caused guests keys to be deactivated.

Breakfast was plentiful and well done. Having a consigner was a plus. Room was adequate.

• King Suite

Could have had hot grits or potatoes to go along with the eggs and sausage/bacon.

The location was great as we could walk to the river and old Savannah.

• King Suite

Rm 216 door does not close unless you pull it tight. Housekeeping did not close it after servicing the room. Luckily no one entered the room. Also everyday of a 3 night stay housekeeping removed the bar soap and our last day there was no replacement soap so I had to wash my hands with shampoo. We had 2 rooms for 4 people and on feb 6 room 211 was not serviced by housekeeping.

The breakfast was very good with a different choice of meat the 3 mornings we ate in the hotel. The staff greeted us in a very friendly manner. The shuttle bus was convenient and took us closer to the historic district so we didnt have to walk so far.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast area very small. Rooms were smaller than most Comfort Suites. Bathroom was a bit of a mess and needed updating. Price pretty high considering the season (early Feb) and condition.

The free shuttle within the Historic District was very handy. The concierge was a nice touch too. Good location.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Located at the end of Bay Street making it easy to access the Historical Savannah area. The hotel has an excellent transit service. They will take you anywhere within the historical area and with a phone call, will return for you wherever you may have gone.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

We had to pay extra for parking. This should clearly be stated when you book. I don't like hidden fees.

Loved the shuttle service. Used it several times. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. Would stay again.

• King Suite

Not a big deal but wish we were able to check-in early after a long drive.

Reception staff was friendly. Breakfast available early, a plus if one needs to catch an early flight.

• King Suite

The only negative attributed to the property was the need for more attention to be given to cleaning the room.

The room was spacious. The breakfast was hot, delicious and plentiful. The free shuttle service made up for the limited parking space. The location was also a plus for visitors wanting to enjoy the Historic District and Riverside.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Hotel was advertised walking distance to historic district, but across from unsafe public housing project, so hotel staff recommended not to try to walk to historic district. Kind of false advertising.

• King Suite

We would have chosen a different hotel if the upcharge for outside parking was revealed before booking. We were quite upset that our car was keyed and will be expensive to repair.

The shuttle to downtown Savannah places was nice, the shuttle driver polite, and kind to all passengers— even the obnoxious one.

• King Suite

The first issue was the $20 per day parking fee which after objecting the clerk said if I joined the rewards program it would be waived. I did join, but they held $40. on my card which I have to wait now and see if it is lifted. The parking fee is unreasonable. Everyone is going to need to park so it adds 20% to the room cost and of course it isn't shown anywhere but the fine print. The second issue was the lack of maintenance. I went in to the room and found the lever on the toilet tank had fallen off and the fill hose inside the tank was disconnected and spraying out on to the floor. I am capable so I fixed it without calling . I couldn't have called since the phone was broken and had no face plate to show what button was what. Small things... The room was very dusty and the A/C and fan vents were filthy with heavy dust. This shows a lack of maintaining the facility.

The staff was wonderful. Very friendly and helpful. The hotel offered a shuttle service to the area sights at no charge. The inclusive breakfast was good.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The room was not as clean as it should have been. There were several repairs that needed to ne done, that clearly were not. The elevator was very slow and not clean at all. The breakfast was mediocre at best. Most of the hot food was barely warm, they ran out of hot water for the tea...it was never refilled. The coffee was the worst I have ever had. The hotel was way over priced for the poor reality of what it was like and the location was awful. The online pictures lie!!!

The pillows were nice.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

During my initial booking process, I was told that the room had a 24 hour cancellation policy. Instead, I was booked in a pre-paid room and when I called to explain the mistake and mis-information I was told there was nothing they could do about it. Then, at the end of my stay I was charged an additional $20/day ($40 total) for parking which was not pre-disclosed. This was not valet - just to park in their lot as a guest in their hotel. The rooms were decent and the staff was nice, but I felt taken advantage of through this process.

• King Suite

The hotel charges $20/night for parking, which is ridiculous. They also employee a completely inept concierge who can’t book a successful tour to save her life. We had to be refunded for both tours booked through the hotel.

The room was comfortable and I liked the indoor pool and Jacuzzi.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

When I arrived, I confirmed that the onsite shuttle service would be running for the night. (It was New Year's Eve...), and the front desk associate confirmed that yes, it would. When I came downstairs ready for transport at around 10pm, I was told that the shuttle service was no longer running. This would normally not be a big deal because of services like Uber and Lyft, but since it was NYE, the prices were quadruple the normal rate. Overall, not a big deal, but still a little frustrating.

The facility was great- clean, located close to downtown, offered breakfast, has an indoor pool and hot tub. The beds were comfortable, and there was plenty of room in my suite for all of the guests that stayed.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Across the street from the "projects". Add on 20 dollar per day parking fee. I hope it was for over night security.

Clean, oversize room. Concierge service for booking tours.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

We got locked out as the card-key didn't work in the morning. It took some time for the maintenance to get it fixed. But it WAS fixed.

The location is really convenient. The room was spacious. The breakfast was good. It had a nice Christmassy feeling. I would definitely recommend it to other travelers.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• King Suite

The bottom of the toilet appeared to be scratched as a result, it looked dirty.

The staff was most welcoming. Franz the shuttle driver was courteous and very accommodating. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The breakfast far exceeded our expectations.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Staff were very friendly, free breakfast was great. Very close to River Street but quiet area. Indoor pool was small, but it kept my son entertained during down time

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• King Suite

I didn't like the location because it was hard to find and the construction that was ongoing woke me up every morning before I was ready.

The staff's helpfulness and friendliness. The cleanliness of the facility and rooms. The convenience of the shuttle service was welcome.

We had no problems

The staff was great. Also the concierge was helpful and so friendly. The breakfast was good and the staff there was helpful and very friendly. The rooms were comfortable and always clean. The shuttle drivers were so nice and always ready and got us to our destination and back quickly. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

It’s was a very poor breakfast. Also, every morning nasty smell coming from close by factory.

Very close to the Historical downtown and wasn’t expensive . Have a very nice shuttle drivers, who will pick you up anywhere in downtown .

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Not really in the historic district, you have to take a shuttle to get anywhere. Was also charged to park in there parking lot and lots of other charges not in the original price. Was very disappointed in the pool area because of the fumes in the pool room. Could not stay in the pool area more than a minute or two and eyes would burn. Told the management but to no avail. That was the whole reason we booked this hotel and then could not use the pool.

The hotel was just ok. Not really in the historic district, although they will shuttle you wherever you want to go. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• King Suite

I didn't like the parking charge, but the shuttle made up for it.

Extremely friendly staff!! Nice breakfast and LOVED the free shuttle to get us to and from town.

• King Suite

I didn't use, but did not like that the coffee maker was in the bathroom. Only mirror was also in the bathroom. So you would have to wait to get ready while someone is using the bathroom and taking a shower.

The room was very spacious and quiet. The staff was very helpful on helping us get around Savannah and suggesting places. Hotel is close by River St and a lot of places on Bay St to walk to. Would stay again.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

You need towel racks in the bathroom to be able to hang up your towels that way we wont have needed clean towels every day. We were there 5 days

Everyone was so friendly. The staff always said hello. Rashad was wonderful and made the experience so much more. He was an excellent van driver and had good suggestions. As the desk attendant he still was awesome and friendly and gave excellent advise.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Hotel needs updated. Breakfast area ok but groups of guests would stay at tables after breakfast talking or reading paper and others had no where to sit. Sign or something needed to encourage folks to move on after eating. Did not realize when I booked that hotel was not right in historic district and shuttle was needed

Great staff

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

This property is not in the historic district as advertised.Also, the staff did not respond to us when our room key didn't work. After about 30 hours into our visit the moved us to a handicapped room.We were not pleased with our stay.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

We enjoyed everything. The hotel receptionists were very friendly and helpful. Whenever we needed a shuttle they were quick to see about it and then to come and get us.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

My daughter and I had planned to use the treadmills while we were there. Two of the 3 were inoperable.

The property is very clean, comfortable beds, large enough bathroom. Although the hotel is not really IN the historic district, they provide a shuttle to take you to and from. Extensive breakfast options included.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

It is rather located at the corner of the city of Savannah, so it takes a little walk to access the center of Savannah.

Breakfast was served with fruits (Banana, Apple, Orange), breads, bagle, yogurt, flakes. Egg and Bacon or Ham was alternately served daily. Although some periods were a little bit crowded, it was quite good for me to enjoy complimentary breakfast.

• King Suite

Elevator was broken, not enough seating at breakfast- it was super crowded and we felt rushed because people were standing by our table . Also parking was $20 and I thought it was included in price

• King Suite

Didn't like the staff service on a couple of things - mainly not enough towels in bathroom - had to ask for them twice. Two of the three room keys failed to open door to room. Don't recall being charged for parking previously.

Have stayed at this facility before. I liked the location - VERY close by River St. & historic district. Breakfast was ok - what I expected.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Friendly staff, special parking for veterans, good breakfast, spacious rooms, parking attendant during night, parking during day until 5 if still downtown

• King Suite

We had trouble getting the front desk to answer at night so we could have the shuttle pick us up and we had to walk back from the River Front Area. Was a nice walk, but the last block we were a bit unsure about the neighborhood area since we were out of towners. It was just after Hurricane Irma, so we accepted that things weren't as normal.

Staff was excellent very friendly and happy to see you there. Rooms were adequate.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

For the cost the shuttle only ran untill 11 PM. The breakfast was mediocre for the cost of the motel .

The Hotel was comfortable but the location is a little dangerous and shady.

• King Suite

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were so comfortable and the breakfast was really nice. The shuttle driver would take us anywhere we asked in the historical area and we used it quite often. It's a little out of the way, but with the free shuttle, the location isn't too bad.

• King Suite

Was not as close to our desired destination as mentioned at the time of reservations search.

The breakfast was good and everyone was friendly and informative.

• King Suite

The room wasn't very clean. The microwave didn't work. The toilet seat was barely on. The light by the bed didn't work very good. Someone walked into the room at 8:30pm with a key card that said room 323 and we were in three 223. And his key worked in our door. The shuttle was broke down for two days. The manager did put us in a new suite after we complained.

the conceire was VERY helpful

• King Suite

the entrance and exit are terrible, plus they have some nerve for charging for the parking with no garage

The rooms were very clean the breakfast was quite accommodating the staff was quite friendly they charge you $ 20 for parking because the hotel in town do but the hotels in town have garages not open parking

• King Suite

Staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful. Facility is clean and well maintained. Free shuttle to anyplace in the Historic District a real plus. Breakfast buffet was fine, clean & more than adequate.

• King Suite

Bed was not comfortable, but you can sleep on it.

Breakfast was great (real waffles and lot of fruit and juice options), front desk staff always happy to help. Walking distance from historic district. They offered me free parking and free shuttle to downtown.

• King Suite

It could have been a little closer to the Historic District but that would be my only small complaint.

The staff greeted us every time we came or went. The concierge was very helpful. We felt like part of the family.

• King Suite

Noisy air con unit that was not fixed during our stay. On site parking is good but very expensive

Ideally located, friendly staff, decent facilities, good breakfast

Leaving

Staff was amazing they went out of their way to be helpful and made this a fantastic visit. The breakfast buffet was excellent it was prepared well, and was hot even the bacon which was perfectly crisp and tasty. The breakfast attendant was perfect on quality of food, and seemed to be enjoying her job

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom toilet had a leak but overall, no complaints with room. You have to pay for parking ($10 per day) but it is a reasonable fee I guess to be a tourist area.

Location was questionable at first but staff at hotel (Rashad, the night manager, and Jeanne, guest services) made you feel welcome (true southern hospitality) and both were extremely helpful. Breakfast was good. The hotel has a driver & van that will drop off/pick you up at locations in the area with just a call and that was very handy. Hotel was clean and again, I can't say enough about the hotel staff, they were VERY helpful with recommendations for local events, places to eat, and things to do.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Had to go outside and put a parking pass in my car windshield. The hotel was advertised as being close to downtown but it was not walking distance and away from everything at the downtown/waterfront.

Nice staff and clean hotel

• King Suite

Breakfast could have been better. I had to tell attendant that the waffle batter was out. There was only sugar-free syrup. Then I saw the attendant cook the scrambled eggs for 20 minutes in a PLASTIC container!!!! BAD!!

Coffee was good. Concierge was fantastic! She helped us make good decisions to get the most out of a short trip. Location was great.

• King Suite

The projects in front of the hotel. Sorry.

Room was clean. Good breakfast. Staff were friendly and helpful. Free shuttle excellent since hotel was kind of isolated from other hotels and those two blocks from main streets don't look safe.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Let's make the room tided up early. In the middle of the afternoon is when our room got the attention.

We loved the breakfast. Our Room was not vacuum all the time we were there. Sometimes we didn't get all the towels or coffee for the morning.

Browse Comfort Suites Historic District traveller photo gallery