Reviews of Quality Suites North Bergen 3 stars

1200 Tonnelle Avenue, North Bergen, NJ 07047, USA

#2 of 7 hotels in North Bergen

Loved it really!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

TV kept going in and out and hot breakfast was not hot.

It was very comfortable, bed was good. The location was great and transportation was nearby to go to the city. Would stay there again.

It wasn't far to NYC by car, the breakfast was better...

No pool, no bus/train nearby, staff wasn't friendly

It wasn't far to NYC by car, the breakfast was better than continental. Pretty chandelier in the foyer.

The hotel was extremely clean and the staff for the most...

If you plan to use transits, beware of the steep hill going to the bus stop. Wasn’t convenient at all. We did take shuttle one day, but it took so long after picking up people and with the traffic, it would only be worth it if you stay practically the whole day. I asked the hotel staff to call a taxi, and they didn’t ask me for how many and we had to leave one behind. It also took a long time to check-in. They needed more people at the desk when they get backed up.

The hotel was extremely clean and the staff for the most part was great. Breakfast was perfect.

It was adequate
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Walking in the desk clerk was rude and not pleasant. Didn’t say hello and just asked for my license and credit card. While she was processing that she started to speak to a group of men in the lobby very rudely. They were just standing there talking. Then a very violet argument developed between the desk clerk and one of the men. He asked her why are you speaking to me like that. He was right. He told her I am a client here I don’t want to stay here if I’m treated like this! The arugument lasted at least 20-30 minutes. We could hear them up to the third floor. We arrived very late and after working . We started to just leave. Later after things had quieted down , the desk clerk called and apologized and told us the man was staying on the same floor! Why did we need to know that! I didn’t have a problem with the men it was her! I asked for a blanket she said I could come down to pick it up! Wow! The next morning we were wakened by loud talking and work being done in the room next door. I called the front desk and requested another room. The clerk said she would call back. Never did. I called back and was told there were no available rooms. I asked for a refund and that I will leave to find other acommdations. He said he will call back. After about 15 minutes the clerk said they have a room but it needed to be cleaned. In about 10 minutes he called and said I could change rooms. The only positives is the rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. They need serious customer service education.

The bed was comfortable

Bad first impression, but very friendly and a great value
    • Executive King Suite

Our first room smelled like smoke despite it being a nonsmoking room. Thankfully we were relocated right away. The location of the property wasn't too pleasant being on a highway.

The breakfast was great. The staff was very accommodating. The hotel in general was very clean.

I'm a college professor who took students (11) to NYC for many the first time and Quality Inn worked

Only "complaint" was the Van service into Manhattan was slow and crowded on the bus (about an hour and 1/2) Even allowing for the Lincoln Tunnel it was still not as good as Lyft or Uber but Uber/Lyft was 45 dollars and Van was 12 dollars round trip. So I used the Van to get in (7 bucks one way) and then Uber/Lyft back which was fine. If you are with a group by all means use Uber/Lyft

Rooms were what I expected....large with refrig and microwave. Great shower and wonderful staff. Very good internet service also.

The breakfast
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Too noisy, you heard all of what was happening in the other rooms. Some girls start to scream, knock doors and laugh out loud on the hall at 11:00pm, and no one was there to silent them..

The breakfast

We enjoyed our stay very much
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The only think i didnt like was the shuttle service wad not clear...its not free and you must buy tickets in advance...if not people with tickets are on bus before you and you must wait for another bus....you also have certain times that the bus passes...so if you want too leave your waiting for when they pass....we toke uber often

The place was clean..comfortable bed...breakfast was very good

My family and I enjoyed our stay, especially it being close to NYC.

The bath tub was really slippery. Both of my kids fell in the shower. We asked for additional bath mats to put in the shower so there were no more falls.

Our room was perfect! Nice and big for my family of 5.

Nice stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location... a bit far from everything... Biggest issue is the housekeeping staff, they woke me up by shouting at the hall and it stopped only after third day when I came out and asked them to be a bit more considerate Breakfast was ok, but not enough tables

It was a genuinely nice stay ... staff on the front desk is really amazing

The breakfast was good.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I stayed in roon 410 The door was missing the top bolt lock. My husband and I placed the ottoman in front of the door and when we moved it he found a bloody sanitary napkin under it. The heat didn't work so we just unplugged it.The staff didn't say good,how was your stay? They just ask was I checking out. I also had ask for a receipt at checkout.

The breakfast was good. The hotel smelled very clean.

Fine rooms, friendly staff.
    • Queen Suite - Handicapped

Too less tables in the breakfast room. Elevator was annoyingly slow.

Fine rooms, friendly staff. Daily Shuttle from and to Manhattan (goldeneaglesshuttles.com).

Loved it and would stay there again!

The only thing that I would have liked better is a larger area to eat breakfast. Seemed everyone came down at the same time and there was no room to sit. We had to stand to eat. Besides that...everything was great.

I loved the location and the cleanliness of the whole place.

Good

Staff was sleeping by the desk when we checked in and we had to call, knock, yell etc and then found out she was sleeping at the desk and never heard us calling.

Bed was comfortable They had a waffle machine to make waffles for breakfast.

Rooms are big

Breakfast can be more different:).

Rooms are big Price is good Shuttles from hotel take u to the center new york for 7-12$ . Internet is working great. Quiet hotel

The rooms were super clean!

The rooms were super clean!! Breakfast had variety of warm and cold foods, and the staff was super nice. It is difficult to find a hotel that allows more than 4 people per room, but Quality Suites allowed 5 of us to stay in the same r oom. The sofa bed was comfortable. The hotel offers a shuttle to the city, but if you need an alternative, you can walk three blocks up to John F Kennedy Blvd. and 10th to get the New Jersey transit bus that takes you all the way to Port Authority Station in NYC for only 3.50 per person. Loved it!

I would stay here again for a weekend getaway.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The water pressure of the shower could have been much stronger, it seemed weak throughout our stay and the one elevator they had was rather slow which was only annoying because we were on the fifth floor. But besides that, the stay was great!

The bed was great; it was comfortable and very clean. There were extra pillows and blankets too which was nice. The bathroom was fully stalked with the typical toiletries and towels, and there was a microwave, teapot for tea or coffee and a mini fridge. Secaucus is literally a 5-10 minute drive away too and there's a plethora of chain restaurants there such as Outback, Chilis, Houlihans, etc.

Staff was welcoming, organized, and professional.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My only complaint is the strong odor in the guest room. After a few minutes, olfactory fatigue set in so it didn't bother us. I'm wondering if it is the smell of the cleaner they use?

Staff was welcoming, organized, and professional. Hotel was extremely clean including the rooms and the common areas. Breakfast was typical "hotel breakfast" with some hot and cold foods available.

Pretty good, could use some changes though

The door to the room did not close automatically so we almost slept with the door wide open. This is the first hotel I have ever experienced this with. The bathroom toilet also had a lot of trouble flushing so that was an ongoing issue. Also, the hotel was loud at all hours of the night and morning and we were woken up around 7am from other guests watching frozen extremely loudly.

Close proximity to city and hoboken.

The bed was comfortable and the staff was very pleasant .
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast buffet could have been better. The food was cold. The eggs tasted like they were powdered and the sausage wasn't fully cooked.

The bed was comfortable and the staff was very pleasant .

Close commute to NYC. Was fairly clean and comfortable. Was able to accommodate large family.

Front staff were not very helpful when requesting extra blankets. Mold in shower stall. Not enough seating at breakfast area. Shuttle was disorganized, too many stops and transferring of shuttles to get to destination.

Close location to NY city.

shuttle service was very good

not having a pool breakfast hour finishing at 10am

We don't know if there was bacon or not since the breakfast goes only until 10am. Wish it was until 11am. Wish there was a pool Beds are supposed to be queen but I think they are much narrower than a queen beds

When we walked into our room the bathroom was dirty, the...

When we walked into our room the bathroom was dirty, the trashcans were filled and the beds did not have clean linen. After informing the manager, he moved our room, but did not apologize for the state of the room.

CONVENIENT location for catching shuttle bus to Times Square.

Though not a "hit" on the hotel, the cost of the shuttle could be a little steep if you have 4 or more in your party/family.

CONVENIENT location for catching shuttle bus to Times Square. Complimentary breakfast "buffet" and selection choices. 10-star (out of a possible 5-star scale) to the kitchen helper (elderly lady - sorry I didn't get her name) who was ON THE GO about keep all options/selections fully stocked at breakfast. Friendly/helpful front desk staff at check-in. Afraid of giving glowing/positive comments (more people will book, i.e. no vacancy when I need to stay; hotel increasing the price) but they do deserve it. Price/value ratio is way too good to be true; much smaller room in NYC with prices triple/quadruple offered by hotel

disapointed

where to begin; The location is terrible, mostly commercial. Staff was bland, polite but seemed uninterested in my comfort, just business. Breakfast was somewhat decent if you forget about the scramble eggs which are chopped up into tiny little pieces, or the single toaster for a 5 story building. in addition the slow single elevator was terrible, or the one washer/dryer. Also to the counter person who said she would not give me back my money twice when the dryer ate my $1.50 and i asked for another $1.50 so i could try the machine again but said she would not replace that 2nd $1.50 if the dryer ate that too because that would be giving me my money back twice! To which i told her that she could get it back from whom ever operates the dryer, her advise; see if the hotel next door has a working dryer, not good customer service.

The room was clean.

I would never stay and frequent this establishment EVER AGAIN!

The management staff was rude, condescending, and outright disrespectful. The room, which was supposed to be smoke free reeked of smoke. When asked for spray and clean linen the night management was very verbally abusive.

I would stay again.
    • Executive King Suite

The jacuzzi in our room was a little dirty. We asked front desk staff if they could have it cleaned. When we came back for the night we saw that it wasn't cleaned.

The room was as I expected it to be. The breakfast was fair (one less meal to have to worry about). It was clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Love the customer service and the ability to ride to NY but...

Would love it if there were more places to eat around the hotel. Had to Uber everywhere.

Love the customer service and the ability to ride to NY but it was costly.

Unsatisfied

We didn't get the room that we paid for which was a Kings Suite Room and instead we were given a handicapped room, this didn't meet our expectations and would like some type of reimbursement or free room stay due to this awful situation.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The room is big
    • Queen Suite - Handicapped

The employee is not that helpful in some cases. My mom left her pajama in the room and I called them for checking whether it is there. We got no response and their attitude was really annoying. And the location is not that close to New York City.

The room is big

Quality Suite was Quality
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotels location makes it difficult to reach public transportation. That being said, they do offer a very good and reasonable shuttle service to NYC. We used a combination of the shuttle and Lyft.

The staff was excellent. They were consistently good throughout our stay. Breakfast was fresh every morning and the rooms were clean.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Great stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We arrive early left us check in,the room was clean and nice the breakfast was ok ,they had shuttle bus it cost $12 one way or $24 round trip it was worth it I would stay here again

Great room, just as described, only minor flaws that can overlooked. AWESOME stay nonetheless
    • Executive King Suite

The only flaw was that they could use new shower curtains. Ours had so many tears in it. Also it took the hot water in the bathroom sink at least 3 mins to get hot. We had to let it run awhile before we could use it and the shower pressure was not too great. I mean we showered and it got the job done but it could use work. Barely a steady stream.

The room was great. Just as described. The jacuzzi wasn't in a heart shape but that didn't make me dock any points. Room was very clean and up to par.

OK stay, nothing special. Cheap alternative to staying in the city.

Front desk was no help. Could not answer any questions. The curtains don't close so the bright light next door shines in your room all night. The lobby bathroom was nasty. The "shuttle" to the city was 30 mins late both ways and is $15/ person, not $3.

Decent little breakfast to get your day started. Rooms were clean.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Bed was good.
    • Efficiency King Suite with Kitchenette

Room would not get cool enough. Staff were not very friendly. Website should say the shuttle is NOT free like they make it seem!!!!! Sure, it's Only $12 rounD trip but with 3 people in the party and going into NYC 3 days in a row, that's a heck of a lot more than free!!!!

Bed was good. Room was nice. Breakfast was good.

A good hotel with value for the money and extra perks.

When we booked, we were told it woudn't be a problem to have adjoining rooms, but to our dismay, when we arrived, they didn't have one available for us. We had to wait until the third night for that to happen, out of our 4 night stay. Very disappointing.

The hotel is in close proximity to the bus stop to take us into New York City. Free close parking, free hot breakfast with ample choices, large clean rooms, mini fridge and microwave, quiet hotel for the most part, not too big, so elevator was quick. Plenty of luggage racks. All day coffee.

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room were very clean. I appreciated that the breakfast was ready at 6am which is the time they indicated we could eat.It was delicious.They served scrammble eggs, bacon, ham, cereal, bagels, bread, yogurt, boiled egg, coffee, tea, juices etc. The staff was friendly and they were also very accommodating. I asked for extra pillows and they provided them with no hesitation. Another day we needed paper plates, they happily gave me them to me. I would recommend this hotel. I was happy with the service I received.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

1st time New Yorkers!
    • Queen Suite - Handicapped

The staff was not very knowledgeable about their amenities. We tried several times to use the shuttle or call about it and you 1 couldn't understand what they said or 2 they didn't know. I stayed there for the shuttle service and was only able to use it 1 time. That2 ended up costing me $120.00. My daughter and I have rather long hair and the shower pressure wasnt even enough to wash our skin let alone our hair. The chair in the room was so dirty. Black mold in the shower. The driveway was never cleaned of snow so many people was stuck (understandable the day of) the worst part was breakfast the eggs was so nasty the bacon was worse. The staffing lady used her hand to clean the bottom tray and pick the food up WITH her hand and put it back into the food warmer.

Bed was clean and soft. Room was nice.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Pleasant experience

Great breakfast with lots of options.We stayed two days and the second day the meat Choice changed which was nice..spacious rooms with extra couch seating aside from beds...

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Comfortable and very clean rooms

Trouble with the key cards had to reprogram 5times even after not putting it next to cell phone

Staff was helpful and we loved the shuttle survice to NY facilities were kept up nice and clean would definitely use this hotel for our next NY visit.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

The pillows and bed were comfortable but it was extremely...

The noise level

The pillows and bed were comfortable but it was extremely loud in the hallway and the walls are very thin to the point where we had to keep the tv on to not hear the people next store and the shower was very very very slow

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Great location for a visit to the City

The conflict between the shuttle owner and drivers - do not think it has anything to do with the hotel. Would not let us come back at 12:30 even though they would be in the city at that time - had to choose 4pm as the earliest come back time - even though we asked a driver the night before and that am.

The room was very nice. The breakfast was good-they have a waffle maker, so that was nice to have a hot waffle. They do also offer cold cereal and eggs and ham too (on this day they did). The location was good. They offer a shuttle that takes you directly to Times Square for a reasonable rate.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Great for trip to New York😃

Just make Alcohol available.

Great location to travel to New York for a couple of days. Off site shuttle service available for decent price and good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

breakfest and shuttle service to new york

staff at front desk not very helpful had not much knowledge of the area.they recommended to eat next door we went in to eat and they charged us $36.00 for two small baskets of bread to start with .very overpriced food.there is a place called the coach house which is close by beautiful food at a reasonable price. i got a feeling that the hotel and restaurant are kind of working together.when i asked was there a cheaper bar and restaurant near by they told me no .i had to find the coach house by myself i won't be going back there again.

breakfest and shuttle service to new york

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Good location, good value for money

Booking.com stated in the confirmation that children under 12 were free. This had a negative affect on the hotel confirmation system where our child was not even accounted for, meaning the bedding was not appropriate. I called the hotel before booking stating that we were 5 adults and 1 child who responded that it would not be a problem. Upon arrival at the hotel the staff asked us to pay 10$ for the extra bedding which I refused to pay. The staff then kindly offered us the extra bedding.

Good location, good value for money

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Good location and value for money

While the location is only 20-25 mins from Times Square using the Lincoln Tunnel, the hotel itself is situated among a long line of dingy used car and car repair lots which at night can seem a bit intimidating. It was otherwise relatively safe.

Comfortable beds, spacious rooms, good selection of TV channels and decent breakfast options including hot items. The private shuttle service to Manhattan for $12 return trip per adult was a pleasant surprise.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Good location. Good value.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The location was good, but a little confusing to get to. Don't go without GPS. The room above had a leak and water dripped into main part of our bathroom. It did not appear to be a new leak. They did at least offer to move us when a few rooms became available.

Convenient shuttle to NY. Free wifi. Nice room. Breakfast had good variety.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Convenient. Average

Room was noisy at breakfast from lobby and foyer. Room was just off elevator. Restroom at eating area was dirty and smelled of urine. Excessive.

Location. Check in process. Staff was courteous.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Nice for a not too expensive holiday

We didn't get enough towels but that's okay, I'm sure we'd get more if we asked for them

The breakfast was really good, we had a lot to choose from and everything was tasty

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Awesome stay. Would come back.

Little things... Too petty to mention.

Breakfast was awesome! The shuttle service was a good bonus. Had to pay for the service but beats driving and parking at NYC.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Food was good
    • Queen Suite - Handicapped

Poor service and a very hard smell when you get in the lobby that your head hurts. No smile from the staff as well.not a good location at all

Food was good

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Free parking, nice Argentinian restaurant close by, free...

Very poor Breakfast, bad location - no convenient public transport nearby, bathtub had problems draining the water

Free parking, nice Argentinian restaurant close by, free internet

Great place to stay.

The room was larger than most other hotels. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was tasty And plentifil.

The room was big

The room was big

Great overall at good price.

Only one elevator. Gym room needs a little tlc.

Great staff. Breakfast was awesome. Prompt cleanliness. Shuttle service to nyc!

Not up to my standards

It smelled weird, looks like an old hotel.

Room Floor carpet old

Breakfast, free parking and shuttle to Manhattan
    • Queen Suite - Handicapped

Location from Manhattan was far but shuttle service was a boon.

Breakfast, free parking and shuttle to Manhattan

Price.

The location : fat from the City. Neglected industry area

Price. Free car parking. Good facilities and rooms. Parkin near the city

Delivered on expectations

Delivered on expectations

Very good service!

Serve more turkey and beef at breakfast.

Very good service!

Great for commuting to NY with a van that drops you Bdwy and 41st.

The area is terrible but who cares. We left anyway.

Location very close to commuting to NY

The staff was very friendly and helpful!
    • Queen Suite - Handicapped

The staff was very friendly and helpful! The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good I would stay there again

Great experience
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was fresh, exceptionally clean and beautifully arranged.

It was okay

Bathroom cleanliness of tiles was poorly kept clean

The comfortable beds

Ok
    • Executive King Suite

Vending machine was on first floor

Jacuzzi

Clean room convenient location and friendly staff

Clean room convenient location and friendly staff

Sheets were dirty

Everything it was great
    • Executive King Suite

The breakfast could be better

Everything it was great

• Queen Suite - Handicapped

Everything was great ,great breakfast. ..

It's good experience we like to go again

It's okay

It's overall good

The breakfast and easy access to NYC park and ride

The desk staff seemed confused about my booking

The breakfast and easy access to NYC park and ride

Only worth the jacuzzi.
    • Executive King Suite

I booked a non smoking room. You can smell that people smoked there often. There was also a cigarette burn on the sheets.

Hot tub and free parking

very nice stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wanted a hot tub room and they were all out!

pleasent...but very expensive

paid a lot more for the room than quoted...taxes?..taxi into nyc very expensive....nothing to do in Bergen area

all staff were very helpful..