Reviews of Comfort Suites Norwich 3 stars

275 Otrobando Avenue, Norwich, CT 06360, USA

#5 of 6 hotels in Norwich

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

My husband and I couldn’t get over how comfortable the bed was. It was also super convenient having a bar in the hotel as we waited for the shuttle to come pick us up for the casino. The shuttle driver was the best!!! So sweet and funny! Continental breakfast isn’t always the best but it was really good here!!! We have already talked about coming back and staying in the same hotel again!

I had to leave!

Breakfast to please almost anyone, and hotel is environmentally watchful, using strong paper plates and strong paper cups: no styrofoam! Thank you! Also noted: regular coffee in 2 choices: standard and BOLD. You can make your own fresh waffles!

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Specifically requested a room close to the pool. Was put on the 4th floor. Would have been fine had not the guy in front of me get moved to a room on the first floor because he smokes. And he didn’t request it, they offered it.

Onsite bar, heated pool. Loved the mini-fridge in the room. The staff were wonderful.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

I would like to thank the agent Juan Carlos from the front desk for helping me make sure all my questions were answered for my 1st time staying here! Great customer service !! He definitely made my 1st time there an experience I would never forget! The suite with the hot tub was amazing!! The bed was comfortable and breakfast was great!! I'll definitely be back again :)

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

After check-in, the toilet overflowed. The man monitoring the front desk brought up a plunger, gave it to my boyfriend and said "sorry about that man" and left. I called him again and asked for clean towels because the other towels wetter soaking up the toilet water on the floor. I told him were guest, you don't have guest clean up things like that. He replied "I can send towels but don't have anyone to clean the bathroom". I told him that I would be talking to management in the morning about this. He said I'm here in the morning and hung up on me. A couple of minutes later he called back and said he was sending up someone to take care of it, to speak slow she doesn't speak english very well. Was just bad customer service on his part. You don't give your guest a plunger and tell them to clean up messes.

It's a nice hotel. Spacious, comfortable rooms. The staff that checked us in was great, very polite.p.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The conditions of the room, old looking, beds were small and uncomfortable. Room was small. First room smelled of soured rug. Requested another room immediately.

Free breakfast although it wasn’t the greatest

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bathrooms were quite sub standard. The tile and fixtures were covering old original pieces and done very sloppy. I realize this property gets a lot of traffic but the attention to these details is important and should not simply be patched and chalked over.

the rooms were spacious and well appointed but a bit worn, yet clean.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The staff for the most part was great. There was one guy at night that came off as a little rude on the phone a couple of times and that gave us a bad taste. The pool being open 24/7 was awesome, however that area could use some upkeep; the pool was a little dirty and had no clean towels and dirty wet towels laying around everywhere.

The shuttle driver to and from Mohegan was amazing. Very friendly and personable, gave us great tips of the area and just a genuinely very nice guy. The pool is open 24/7 which was super awesome. The bartender at the hotel bar was such a sweet lady and all the regulars in the bar were very nice people and gave us more great tips for the area.

• King Suite with Spa Bath

i had a king suite room and there was a water heater or something right outside my room that would run at weird hours and with me being a light sleeper it did wake me up one night. However the rest of my visit did make up for this.

the room was very big, the bed was very comfortable, the women at the front desk was very pleasing! Free shuttle to and from the casino was also a nice perk.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Was kicked out by desk staff (no management) when I returned to room and found no turn down service and only trash removed... room, jacuzzi and Dirty towels were all left on floor and in jacuzzi and all were dirty. Nothing was cleaned nor picked up, nor vacuumed. I called front desk to complain and a friend was in room with me and heard conversation on my end and at no time was I belligerent nor rude, just wanted what I paid for at $185. For the night. I had paid from Thursday into Tuesday and was removed by the police on Saturday evening after the desk clerk lied about our interaction. She also said she had witnesses yet the bar was extremely loud and there was no one in the lobby nor at the desk when I voiced my concerns. As soon as I got to the desk I introduced myself and asked for clean towels. The lady at the desk was extremely rude as she puffed out her chest and threatened to have me removed if I didn’t lower my voice. I was not loud, upset yes. But only got slightly beligeteny after she said she was having me removed, at which I said ‘keep your f’n towels’. The police came to my room and exported me out and saw the disarray my room was in. They said they totally inderstood. I took photos and will be posting to all my 4000+ customers and friends on Facebook, advising them never to use Comfort Suites!

• Suite with Two Double Beds

No fault of the hotel, but the location was a little tricky to get to coming from NY but GPS got us there just fine.

The woman at the front desk was super nice and friendly. She was very welcoming and informative about how to maneuver the surrounding area. The shuttle bus driver was so friendly and chatty and actually introduced us to his wife the next day. The room was clean and neat. breakfast for free in the morning was a treat.

• King Suite with Spa Bath

the beds are always comfortable and the breakfast is always great. I always book my stay here for when I go to Mohegan Sun because the location is convenient.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

It was located right by the highway...the staff was extremely friendly and helpful...they had a shuttle the went to and from the casino which was a plus...they offered free breakfast in the morning...the room was big, clean, modern and very nice...I would definitely stay here again

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The food was nasty and not cook all the way they could of done better for the price they charged. They hotel was away from everything no nice view of anything

No complaints

The breakfast was awesome!!. I chose the king suite with the spa tub and it was worth every penny!! I wish i would pack the bed up and take it with me. The bed was so comfortable. Will be going again.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The woman who claimed to be the front desk manager was rude and confrontational upon my arrival when I asked her about your pricing matching since the rate I was charged was higher than your advertised price 89.00 vs the 113.00 with taxes fees I was charged for my room .

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Rebecca was wonderful. The other overnight staff could have been a little bit more helpful the next night but it didn't over Shadow Rebecca's customer service

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The toilet paper holder was in the wrong spot. It was behind the toilet so when you had to use the toilet paper you had to turn around while on the toilet.

The breakfast was great.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

shuttle service was inadequate. had to take taxi to destination to and from. staff not well versed. noisy and room not as clean as it should have been. sheets did not fit bed. for the money should not have had the parking lot outside of my room.

not much

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Nothing in walking distance (restaurant etc) and no nice surrounding for a walk in the morning.

Good breakfast, not very strict with the hours. Free coffee and water also during the day in the lobby. Nice big room, very clean. Good location close to highway but quiet. Very uncomplicated and helpful staff.

• King Suite with Spa Bath

Our door locks didn’t work. Found door to hotel that where always unlocked or propped open. Some access doors to hotel door didn’t work either

Nothing. Very scary location. Locks on our room didn’t work. Everything in room was out dated

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Staff was very polite and attentive. We had planned for an 11pm arrival and even at that time staff member was very professional and pleasant. Our invoice was under our door in the morning and check out took 1 minute.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The pool area was poorly lit and needed renovation.

The rooms were well appointed and the breakfast buffet was really good. The shuttle service to the casino was great.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

they didn't staff well the weekend that I was there They ran out of breakfast items and there was only one person doing everything that was needed in the breakfast area

• Suite with Two Double Beds

My Boyfriends car was broken into in the parking lot and when we went to the desk the first thing I was told was that they don't patrol the parking lot and there is nothing they can do. No even I am so sorry to hear that.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Online says they have a sauna but they don’t and the pool was dirty and cold some of the towels in the bathroom had stains on them and The housekeeper forgot to change the shampoo and conditioner they were used

Bed where comfortable room was pretty big

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The bathroom ceiling was leaking. Shuttle van was very limited and we were unable to use the service. Room has never been made up or cleaned and towels have never been changed. No bottle water in the room.

Breakfast is good.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The night manager Brian was extremely rude. He should find another job not working with people. Also there wasn’t enough seating for morning breakfast.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The tub would fill with water and there was no bathroom exhaust fan.

The room was spacious . The bed was comfortable and linens were clean. It had all the necessities for our stay. Breakfast was good enjoyed the variety of items to eat.

• King Suite with Spa Bath

The suite we stayed in, the Jacuzzi was broken. The Jacuzzi was a main highlight of this hotel for me, so I was very disappointed. The woman at the front desk was not even apologetic, she just said she would give us 10 per cent off, which was not sufficient to me. She was also very curt in her responses.

The bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was very nice. The older man that did the shuttle service was very nice and accommodating.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

They kept running out of coffee at breakfast and took 30 mins to refill. Front desk lady with eyebrows was rude. We asks for king but got 2 full beds.

Good location and good value. Nice rooms.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

How noisey it seemed! The walls seemed very thin. Wasnt to annoying though. Till maintenance got there early and woke us up because we were right next to the maintenance room!

• King Suite with Spa Bath

The bagels on the breakfast buffet were stale and the bacon was thin and not very tasty.

The Jacuzzi was excellent, bed was comfortable, and the room was nice and big.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The room key machine broke so we had no room keys. The lovely desk perosn said she would let us in to our rooms as often as necessary but it was still a pain.

The server initally said the yogurts had been put away at breakfast. It was 10 AM on Sunday. Then she brought me a yogurt later.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Paid for a double queen room and the beds definitely were not queen as it should've been. Other than that, it was good.

Almost everything. The employees were great, breakfast was good, location was great. Just as it should be.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

To the front deck Elaine ,the shuttle bus driver Paul, to the bartender Patty in Ace's lounge that is located right in side, to the lady that set up the breakfast in the morning ( I'm sorry that I didn't get her name),there were all friendly and gave outstanding service! ! The suite's were clean and comfortable too ! They have a heated pool and a work out room too, which I didn't use this trip but both looked very nice and also very clean! It's close to Mohegan Sun and ferry! This is now mine and my guest favorite go to hotel in CT! Luv luv , can't beat it for the price either! This place is a winner!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

One check-in clerk was a bit unpleasant, and the bed was stiff

The friendliness of most of the staff, the breakfasts were nice and fresh each day :), the jet tub in our room was to die for!

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The woman who checked me in was unbelievably rude for no reason at all. I only said I was checking in and she had a major attitude.

The room was better tha I expected. Very nice.

• Double Suite - Disability Access

The beds were too firm, the toilet did not work and was not fixed by the management but eventually by my husband. Absolutely ridiculous, if you ask me. They definitely need to plow the parking much better. I doubt they actually did anything except wait for cars to drive over the snow to pack it down and make it ice.

it was warm and dry and the little seating are was nice if we did not have to listen to toilet running all night and might I say it, it was loud

• Suite with Two Double Beds

1. During a 20 minute check in process, there were 3 staff just standing behind the counter while only one person was assisting guests. 2. Our room door looked like it had previously been kicked in by police. 3. One of the legs on the bed frame was bent out of shape. 4. People were smoking in non smoking rooms and there was a disturbance that lasted for about 10 minutes at 4 am in the hallway. When front desk staff was informed, they didn’t care. 5. The 11:20 shuttle coming back from the casino was about to pull away at 11:18 as we ran to it and it was already full despite the fact that we had signed up for it ahead of time. We were two people over the limit for the entire ride.

Close to Mohegan with a shuttle

• King Suite with Spa Bath

I reserved a king jacuzzi suite and the room was extremely nice and spacious! The hotels pool was also open 24/7 and the water nice and warm. The hot breakfast was also amazing. Couldn't have asked for a better stay.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

No hot water one day. No business center 2 days. Only decaf coffee in the room. Room key failed to work several times.

Room was roomy and well furnished.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Issue with water pressure in the bathroom sink & shower handle came off in my hand. Could not take a bath. Should NOT have these issues. These things should be checked well in advance.

Satisfactory for a good night’s sleep

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The overall customer service experience from the frontdesk staff to the shuttle driver.

The facility was great. However I would never recommend this facility to my co-workers, family and friends. The shuttle driver was blatantly rude to my daughter and I. He would not acknowledge our African American presence. I am seriously considering writing a letter to the corporate office to advise them about how badly we were treated. The staff could have been more friendly as well. At this day and time it is unfortunate to know that the level of customer service, in an establishment like this, is still determined by one's race. That's so unfortunate!

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The hotel stated they offered a free shuttle to and from Mohegan Sun but called a half hour before check in to advise the shuttle was not working and did not offer to compensate and would not compensate you with another option to take to the casino. They also stated they would compensate by giving you free drinks and gave my whole party tickets that were buy one get one drinks, at this point we were not giving any of our money to the establishment.

The room was very clean and spacious.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I had get new room keys 3 times because they kept losing the magnetic strip. No matter where i you put it as soon as i got back it would stop working.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bathtub was small. I held on to the bar to prevent me from slipping in the shower. Water pressure not great either. the heating system was terrible. At 65 degrees it was so hot we couldn't breath.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The only negative I have about the room is that it needs better lighting. The bathroom was bright enough but the room in general was dark. I think breakfast should be offered until 10:00 not 9:00 even during the week.

The room had ample space. Decorated nicely. I liked that the room had a micro and a fridge. The binder held all information needed. Breakfast was delicious.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The shuttle is very limited. Only runs on Friday and Saturday. No security at the hotel.

The area is near a highway exit Room is huge with a sofa. Bed is soft and comfy. Enough amount of pillows. Breakfast is good. It includes bagels, oatmeal, cereal, bacon, eggs and 3 different types of juice. Toiletries are an added bonus.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Needs more breakfast items!

Loved how comfortable the stay was. Our room was great, we were close to the others we were staying with who was right across the hall. We also like how we didn’t have to rush to check out, we had enough time to get our stuff ready and check out!

• King Suite with Spa Bath

I wanted to get a later check-out time to enjoy the hotel more but there was no options for a late check-out.

The suite was spacious and the hot tub in the bedroom was unique.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The only things that would have been nice wouldve been rotating shuttles to the event instead of 1 every hour- especially with only 14 seats. And the other would be posting that you had to let them know a good number of hours in advance - if not- pack back in your car, taxi, or Uber -which i dont mind- but was looking forward to not having to deal with traffic or parking.

Liked just about everything except two minor things- Friendly receptionist!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

No one was at the desk when we arrived, no bell. Had to wait a few minutes, but when she came forward, everything went perfect and smoothly. Maybe a bell to ring?

Rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. Thank you for ease of use Wifi! Loved the shower head! Breakfast room was very comfortable with the fireplace and the breakfast was very good.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

We requested a genius perk of late checkout which was approved. When we called the office we were told we coud only stay one extra hour even tho the perk was allotted for 2 hours.

I loved the hot breakfast, definitely a nice addition to to the morning. Katie is awesome! She made us feel very welcome!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff person was unfriendly and less than helpful. Even though the hotel was far from full, The room that she selected seemed to be the worst in the hotel. It was located with a view of the roof with the heating system . My room was located on the end of the hallway that had a heavy fire door in the halls that required putting the luggage down to open the heavy doors. The room was located over the balcony to the dining room and the smell of cooking food woke me up. I would have preferred a first floor near the elevator. I had to bring the heat remote control down to the front desk to figure out the heating. The room was freezing cold upon arrival and took some time warm up. The front of the room never got warm even on 82 degrees. I was very uncomfortable with two adjoining doors as a solo traveler.

The bed was amazing. The desk setup was convenient.

• King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Called front desk prior of paying for stay at hotel asked the gentlemen if shuttle goes to foxwoods and the gentlemen said yes. When arrived at hotel we was told no that shuttle only goes to Mohegan.

Pool, quietness, beds, rooms

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Front desk people came across a little rude, not sure if my questions were annoying to them but I still loved the hotel.

Rooms were very clean, breakfast is great, the women running breakfast are excellent, always restocking and making sure everything is fresh.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

the bathroom curtain rod was about to come off the wall and we couldn't close curtain all the way

the breakfast menu was one of the best ive had at a hotel that offers free breakfast with your stay. the room was clean and the staff were very pleasant and accommodating.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Did not care at all for woman running the front desk. She was very rude and when our key wasn't working she was acting like it was our fault and we were bothering her. Maintenance said lock had been broken for 3 days. She acted like she even had a problem we booked with booking.com.

Room and property very nice.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Fan in the bathroom did not work. Asked for two double beds thru booking and was given a king bed.

Cara was super helpful. The cleaning staff was so nice and accommodating. Breakfast was great.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

There was no mirror or trashcan in the room, just the bathroom. It was a suite but not enough lighting to read on the couch. The food was ok. It was extremely loud with 2 busses of college kids who were in the hall after 11 pm and then in the middle of the night we woke up to 4 people screaming at each other in the hall; they moved outside To continue screaming under our window. We called the front desk and they did speak to them.

It was very clean.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

didn't like having to go down 4 floors and outside to smoke, only one choice of egg type, tv channel selection was poor in my opinion,

the area was very clean friendly staff, proffesonal, the staff was ammendable polite and curteous. liked although didnt use in room kurig room was large and well furnished grounds were well kept and landscaped

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Could have used more than 2 washcloths for 2 people for 2 days. Room service not done, since we were still showering. Requested service at 10:15 AM but no one available for rest of day.

Comfortable beds, nice room, heat/air control good. TV guide very helpful. Husband liked breakfast ( no gluten free dairy free options for me), Reasonable rates.

• King Suite with Spa Bath

Thepool area was cold making the water cold. Should heat the outside of water in order to make people want to swim. Also the wifi was I and off. So work on keeping it on. And not make it so I have to walk to the end of the hall to get service.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

shower curtain road is a PIA...loose and hangs down to one can not close the shower curtain... Also TV selection guide is not easy to use....Have station call letters not the name of the station..IE:NBC< CNS< ABC

Good breakfast...and a quiet stay except for the trains.

The bed and the pool

The staff was great n very pleasant the food was fresh n very good the pool wasn't too appealing and the mattress wasn't comfortable- needs to n updated but everything else was well worth the stay n worth the $$. We would definitely stay again

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was very comfortable..the breakfast was very nice...the hotel was very clean as well..the staff was very helpful and friendly....a nice experience

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Seem to run out of various items at breakfast and seating was inadequate.

It was close enough to the Casino where I went. It was close to a couple of decent restaurants and I was able to find a good liquor store nearby also.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

more restaurants in the area and convenient stores

breakfast was fresh and hot.bed was very comfortable dining area and tables was nice and clean.there was plenty of food to eat,room size was good.pool area was very clean fit ness room was very neat and clean.plenty of towels. overall I like this hotel and more than likely will return again

• Suite with Two Double Beds

NOTICE IT WAS A RATE CHANGE AFTER THE HOLIDAY AND OUR STAY WAS AFTER THE HOLIDAY. WILL WAIT NEXT TIME TO BOOK OUR RESERVATIONS

FRIENDNESS OF STAFF, HOTEL ACCOMADATIONS AND LOCATION TO RESOURCES

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Breakfast area on Saturday morning was packed with no seats and only one staff member to handle everything. Ran out of coffee and items.

Shuttle service was very conveinent

• Suite with Two Double Beds

My only complaint about this property would be the shower head height.. I'm 5'8" and the shower head was essentially eye level. Silly complaint but if i were any taller id have to duck in order to be under the water.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Ran out of eggs at breakfasts but they did make more but I already ate something else. Needed towels for 4 people but only 3 sets in the room.

Clean and convenient location to both casinos in the area.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Fire alarm going off at 6:20 because of a maintenance guy using a belt sander. A few healthier options for the breakfast would also have been nice (note on weekends, the breakfast area was completely packed)

Room was exactly as advertised. Very nice and helpful staff. Gym is small but has a treadmill and elliptical machine - good for staying in shape on the road. Would come back and stay here again

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Staff was not very attentive to helping almost a bother to answer a question. Toilet in room over flowed and maintain/housekeeping handed Me the plunger to fix it and wiped the floor up with My room towels.... Not impressed

The beds were comfy