Reviews of Comfort Suites O'Hare Airport 3 stars

4200 North River Road, Schiller Park, IL 60176, USA

#4 of 7 hotels in Schiller Park

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

They couldn't find my booking and were not at all helpful. Will never go there again. Very frustrating. Customer service at check in was deplorable.

Nice room.

• King Suite

Parking is bad. Very busy night of events. Booked into 2nd floor with a very loud event in ballroom until 1:00am. Should not book those rooms with that kind of event going on. Also, who else hates those stairways that lead right outdoors instead of into the lobby?

Good location, decent breakfast.

• King Suite

The refrigerated in the room was more like a freezer. We put cans of soda in there and the next morning it actually exploded from freezing.

The breakfast offered had many options.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Lighting in the room was poor and would have liked a sink and mirror in the bathroom.

Large suites with very comfortable beds. Everything was very clean and suites had Fridge, Microwave and Coffee making facilities. Staff were very friendly and helpful with queries. Bar food in the evening was delicious and very reasonable. Breakfast was varied and plentiful, again very helpful staff. I couldn't recommend this high enough as a place to stay. I travelled with 4 other family members and they would all say the same. Thank you to Anton, General Manager, who introduced himself one morning and asked if we were happy with everything and offered assistance if required. Superb 😬

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

I stayed here last year for my conference loved it..this year meh The phone did not work in my room. When I called front desk for room service I had to use my cell phone or walk downstairs . The workout equipmentand T.V were not working in fitness room. My cable went out in my room about 8am called to the front desk(on my cell) as I was explaining to the young lady the issues she seemed a little off so I ask was she ok then she explained she was not doing well. I told her I hoped she felt better. She thanked me and assured me that she would tell GM. It is 10am and no anything from staff. Now my issue is what if something happened to my phone I would be in a pickle I am here alone on a business trip and no direct line in the hotel.

Nice hotel clean..

• King Suite

Airport shuttle pickup at airport took a while.

Convenient to airport, quiet location, a few restaurants nearby. Nice rooms with all the necessities. Decent breakfast. Pet friendly--I brought my cat.

• King Suite

I liked everything. No complaints.

I was surprised to get a suite,- I was expecting a regular room (many hotels will say they are suites and you get there and they're not). It was very comfortable. The free breakfast was excellent and the staff was very nice.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Well the DJ music playing in lounge that nite us ridiculous. I was on the third floor an I thought he was in the hallway. I called down to the front deck an got little satisfaction from the guy working. I thought I deserved some discount for my concern but that didn't happen either. I come up there a few time a year to gamble and relax, I will never waist my money on your hotel again.

• King Suite

The trash outside the hotel, they should have someone clean up outside, and some one should check the inside the hotel trash too. Didn't care for the morning shuttle guy he was kind of rude. Would be nice if guest could be shuttled to other dining areas.

The breakfast was very good. The rooms were clean and has a lot of space, bed comfortable, two T.V in the rooms. The workers were kind and friendly. I would stay here again. Eat at Frannies the food is great a block away from the hotel.

• King Suite

I asked for an invoice, but I didn't get it. My company needs this document. If you can, please send it to my email address. elas[at]elas[dot]hu Thanks in advance

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

We called and told the hotel staff member we would be arriving after 11pm they said the shuttle would pick us up we called at 11:30 pm and told there was no shuttle we was a party of 9and 4 of those children The room capacity was supposed to hold 6 adults 4 children we was a party of 9 and the room was 2 small way too small and if I was been honest the room was not that clean we got up early and left on to our destination in Michigan we was very disappointed

The property was in a good location to the airport

• King Suite

I tried to join as a Choice Hotel Member but for some reason there computer system does not include Hong Kong as a country option.

Nice convenient location, free shuttle from the airport. Located close to a variety of restaurants and a supermarket. Well equipped room with fridge and microwave, along with a coffee maker. The area was safe and quiet.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

There were 3 of us in one room, and we had to use the pull out sofa bed, which was very uncomfortable, the mattress was very thin, and i could feel the springs, therefore i didn't sleep much

Breakfast was excellent, Legends Bar was very good, and bar staff very friendly

• King Suite

1st off, found a bug of some sort on the bathroom. Killed it, was not a bedbug, but a small beetle. Took it to staff, they said they would spray, gave me a room discount. The left elevator's door sensor was not working crushed me twice. When leaving no luggage trolly was available had to carry all my items down.

Great breakfast, room was large. Staff was nice.

• King Suite

The facilities need to be updated and the room layout is just strange. Its great space just not really a good layout.

This is a good value and the service is good. In house restaurant / bar is nice

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Please use real plates instead of disposable ones for breakfast.

Great location near airport with a free shuttle every 30 minutes to O'Hare. Abundant breakfast. Comfy beds.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

business centre 2 computers one of them with a bad screen only one printer that did not work Sofa bed very bad and uncoverable

Good location Proximity to airport Airport shuttle

• King Suite

I called front desk asking for shuttle service at 9pm when we arrive for several times and left voice mails as well. No one responded. So we have to take uber to the hotel for $15. I think the hotel should specify the ways how shuttle service operate when customers book the place via email or text. However, Mr. Lawrence, the driver of the shuttle is really nice and helped us a lot.

Place are clean, easy to spend one night for transferring flight

• King Suite

Ideally there would be a separate shuttle to Rosemont CTA blue line metro station than the one that brings people to and forth O'Hare. Also a way to contact the reception for the shuttle through mail would be a good idea for people that don't have american cell phone.

The room was spacious and clean. Staff was excellent! Rosemont CTA station is just a few minutes by shuttle. Also breakfast options were more than sufficient. We loved our stay at the hotel and it will definitelybe our first option on our next trips to Chicago.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The shuttle driver made another pass through the airport to pick me up after I had just missed them. The room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Nobody from Booking.com or from the hotel informed me that I needed to call to get picked up from the airport!!! That's crap. We waited in the hot Chicago sun for 2 HOURS!!! (1 hour 15 minutes BEFORE calling the hotel, and 45 minutes AFTER calling the hotel.) And, each time we called the hotel (at the end of a long day/evening), the front desk phone rang like 10 times!!!!! Each time it did that, I had this sinking feeling that we'd be stuck at the train stop. Very POOR customer service at this hotel. Also, Booking.com took my money for the hotel right away, even though I said I wanted to "pay the hotel directly." This put me in a financial tailspin!!! NOT COOL.

That I was venturing to Chicago in the first place. The hotel shuttle bus driver, Shirley, was the ONE redeeming thing about our trip!!! She was Fabulous!!!!!

• King Suite

Beware. Website says airport shuttle, but if you arrive after 11 pm, they have no option. We paid $20 another hotel shuttle to give a ride. A/C in room very loud.

Breakfast ok

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Beds, no exhaust in the bathroom, some times the shuttle dispatch by the front desk people.

The room description in the booking.com is, the double room will accommodate 6 people, but this is 100% incorrect and we are two adults and two kids with normal size and the one bed is fit for one person only and I have never seen such a small bed. The sofa is not fit for sleep, and the room size is also small , another worst thing is there is exhaust fan in the bath room. This is close to airport and the shuttle service is good to airport or CTA train station. we stayed there for a week and especially during the night the front desk people took more than 30 mins to dispatch the shuttle and few nights we called more than three times requesting for shuttle and waiting at the CTA station. The front desk lady had the repeated message "as the driver struck in the traffic, we used the shuttle service all 7 days, but the shuttle bus/van drivers are pretty good. Overall the hotel is OK, beds are small and horrible and room size is small and not have enough space to move around.

• King Suite

Staff wasn't particularly helpful, room was a little dinged up, blackout curtains didn't completely cover the window, shuttle didn't run late enough for our delayed flight arrival. Next time I'll pay more to stay closer to the airport.

Good bed, Very spacious suite

• King Suite

The pullout couch had no linens and when we asked for them, there was no one to deliver them for a half hour and I couldn't go and pick them up.

The king bed was comfortable

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The bathroom door didn't close/lock and there were double beds in the room not queen sized.

Two TVscin the room and 1 space could be separated from the other. Lots of close restaurants and there was an outlet mall we didn't get to see.

Not a darn thing!

Courteous & helpful staff, comfortable and clean accommodations, wonderful and ample hotel b'fast, and convenient shuttle service to everywhere.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

1) the bathroom floor has not been clean before my check in 2) the hotel didn't reply to my emails (and not event to the booking messenger) asking how on earth I could have reached the hotel. I found the shuttle by pure chance 3) the information received during the check in was poor (no information on breakfast/airport shuttle/wifi/room floor)

free shuttle to the airport

• King Suite

Front desk staff was rude. They initially gave me a room that someone else was occupying and then a room behind the elevator that sounded like thunder every time it ran. When we complained they were not understanding and it was a hassle to get another room.

Comfortable bed

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The way the room was described that 4 adult and 4 children can stay but only enough for 3 adult and 3 children, we end up booking another room also the AC is not cold enough for the room where sofa cum bed is

Room was clean, spacious and comfortable, Complimentary breakfast was more than satisfactory, Fitness center was good.

• King Suite

Not enough parking and would like valet to be offeredGreat stay

The room was really nice we have been here before and returned because the location is great and overall the price was a bang for our buck!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• King Suite

I was charged two times. Issue has been solved by Booking.com and not the hotel itself.

Probably the only positive moments were funny shuttle rides with Shirley (hope that is her name properly written).

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• King Suite

This is definitely not a new hotel. It's showing its age. Funky smells. Restaurant was adequate, but nothing to write home about. Room had a small area with a couch and tv, bed was comfortable. Had to turn off heater/air conditioner because it soubded like I was flying in a DC-6...way too loud.

The location was ok, reasonably close to O'Hare, but I wouldn't feel comfortable going out for a walk by myself in the neighborhood. I just stayed overnight, and the hotel was adequate for that purpose.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• King Suite

Reception should be more honest about how long it takes the shuttle to pick you up from the airport. She talked as if he would be there at any moment. 2.7 miles, according to Booking.com. An HOUR for the shuttle to get there. We wondered what the driver was doing before he arrived at the shuttle center! With the layout, the room seemed cramped. The "suite" part was very cramped. The fridge needed defrosting.

Bed was comfortable. The room was clean. The over-frosted fridge did keep our frozen items frozen. We appreciated the breakfast grab bag, as we had to leave before breakfast was available.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

前台服務人員態度不良。WiFi 常常中斷 Front desk staff were not professional.When we checked in, the staff answered our questions with a very apathy look. WiFi was very poor, it was not working in the room, and we had to use it in the hall way.

床非常舒適。Bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Parking was very limited for a Monday night. We had to park in the lot of an adjacent business that was closed.

Breakfast was good and having a shuttle to the airport was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Would have liked to have seen a Secured wifi network for doing business. Unsecured networks do not work effectively when doing company business.

The hotel ambiance was very nice.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The rain, but you couldn't control that

The friendliness of the staff and cleanliness of the property. Everyone was helpful and kind Except for the 1 female staff worker at the breakfast area who pretended she couldn't Speck English and didn't understand the word coffee

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• King Suite

They put me in a room behind the elevators - I literally heard the motors moving up and down all night long. Worst night sleep I've had in a long time!

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• King Suite

The only thing that could'e been nicer would have been if we were not rushed to meet the check out time. I understand that we needed to check out by 12 p.m., however, it is hard to get everything gathered up quickly. We were informed by a maid who knocked on our door to hurry up and meet the check out time. We understood the check out time is important, but we did not see a harm in a 5 minute delay.

I loved the set up of the rooms. It was very homey and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• King Suite

I did not like the fact that we booked a certain price on line and got charged more. I did not like that our toilet clogged up. I really did not like the fact that one of the reasons we chose this flight for a complimentary breakfast and did not get it, due to an early morning flight out and breakfast did not open until 7. So, we had to spend $23.00 at the airport McDonalds. Did not see that coming. Staff at the hotel was like OH Well! Not our problem! It's the weekend!

Beds were nice and comfy

• King Suite

The temperature in the room was very uncomfortable. The room is split in two separate sections but the space where the bed is located is very small. As a result, the temperature in the room is either very hot or cold and I had trouble sleeping a few nights because the temperature in the room was so uncomfortable. Also, my receipt from Booking.com says one price and when I checked out they asked me to pay a different price. The manager refused to remove the extra charges. She said that Booking.com does not know about all their fees. When I told her that I should not pay for it, the manager said that the hotel has charged my credit card for the amount. I would not stay there again.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

the bed was hard and the pillows were uncomfortable. the receptionists didn't look very friendly.

the televisions and the wide variety of channels available. the manager was helpful when our booking.com reservation was not sent through properly.

• King Suite

The view wasn't the best. We were facing the strip mall.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. The room service was great. The room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. Love this location!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• King Suite

No change for the laundry room.

The room was nice and clean. The manager and front desk were helpful .shuttle to and from conventional centre was a great service.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• King Suite

Breakfast wasn't terrible but it could be better. The only thing lacking was an indoor pool. But I suppose the cost would increase with additional amenities and not having a pool was just fine for this short trip we took.

The bed was amazing. Front desk staff were so great too.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

No complaints.

Staff very helpful and friendly , wifi was Quick and easy to access , room was clean and comfortable.my first visit to Chicago , if I make it back there again this is where I will stay. Good restaurant/sports bar in the lobby. God was tasty. Not far from the airport and they have shuttle service.

• King Suite

The carpet could have been cleaner. Otherwise, the room and service were excellent.

The bed feels great... same goes to the pillows and bed sheets/comforter. You can smell the cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

the shuttle bus is not that easyto wait. I waitted for the shuttle bus for 1 hours and called 3 times, maybe it is because the day was thanksgiving night.

breakfast is good and room is good & clean.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

We were told the shuttle service to the airport went until 11pm. Our flight arrived at 10:30pm so we called the hotel right away. We were dismissed by the person who answered the phone, basically being told that the shuttle already left for the last run of the night and we would have to take a taxi. We were at the shuttle location by 11pm, after retrieving our luggage, to find no shuttle. When we informed the manager at the front desk upon check in we were just given a "Sorry." I let the manager know that they should not tell guests that the shuttle is available until 11pm when it is clearly not. Do not rely on the shuttle.

The room was comfortable and quiet.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• King Suite

The hotel was not located near railway and public transportation, a little bit far away from airport, however, they provide the shuttle services every 30 minutes.

The hotel was well established their facilities to support the travelers who will take flight in next day, the room was big and clean, the staff was very nice, willing to help you on luggage store etc.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• King Suite

The breakfast didn't contain any healthy food.

Nice staff at the reception and helpful drivers of the shuttle buses. Room is clean, big and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The shuttle only runs every half hour.

The suites were well equipped, comfortable and a shuttle bus provided transport to various places including the airport.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• King Suite

The instructions for the shuttle pick up at the airport could have been clearer, and a free phone to call from would be great for those of us coming from overseas. To use our cellphone to call the hotel was expensive.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was large and comfortable. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

I didn't know you have to call to the hotel to order the pick up when arriving. We waited more than an hour with my 2 year old, thinking the shuttle will make its round to the airport (like the other hotels, which we saw coming and going already third times). Later when we call then to ask what happen, they said they'll send the shuttle. Later the driver told us that. So what happens if I don't have a telephone on the hand or money to rent a phone? In the morning, though, the shuttle runned regularly from hotel to airport (from 4am every half an hour)

Room was comfortable. Very quiet. Breakfast was good. Close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• King Suite

the staff especially the repecptionist the black big dude are rude and i stay for 2 days i expect to change the towel the next day and they didnt they just hang in the door the dnd sign

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• King Suite

Parking...when there is a wedding going on in the hotel there is no room and you take the risk to be towed away if you park somewhere else than the hotel premises.

Nice quiet rooms, Non smoking means Non smoking here, very clean rooms and the bed is fantastic. I am definitely going back when I have to be in the area.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• King Suite

Dining room staff was a bit inattentive. ...but one was stellar! The cleaning staff kept checking our room even though we had a do not disturb sign on the door.

We joined the frequent hotel visitor club so we could use the 2 o'clock check out time as our next flight left late afternoon.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

We were only there for overnight prior to early flight fron O'Hare We liked the courtesy bus to & from airport It was fine for the purpose - but would not choose to stay there long because of the location

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The bar is very close to the reception and the breakfast area.

The size of the room was good for a family of 2 adults and 3 kids, near O'hare airport and some Arabic restaurants.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

I cannot count Extremely noisy and loud " rock music" during every day of our stay 4 nights weddings , parties etc in spite of our stay on was on 6 floor until 2-3 am Dirty stained carpets in halls and rooms No ventilation in the rooms and you cannot open the window! Sealed Too crowded space in breakfast area Parking is not always available esp during parties Sofa bed old squeking with bad stained mattress

Close to O'Hare airport

Ask for a different room if they end up booking you in room(s) 202 or 204. Both those rooms are above the Bar/Nightclub and if there's a wedding going on you will hear the music ALL NIGHT LONG. OK, maybe I'm exaggerating; the music lasted until 1:43 a.m. CDT. I booked both rooms under my name and we were comp'd one night's stay for one room. We stayed two nights. You read that right: I was com'd ONE NIGHT'S STAY FOR ONE ROOM. Britney, the nice young lady working the front desk, was very helpful, but my girlfriend wanted both rooms comp'd. Britney said I had to speak with the General Manager. We attempted to speak with the G.M. when we checked out, but we were told she was in a meeting and the meeting was over the telephone. We stood at the front desk for over 15 minutes, but the G.M. (her name is Liliana) never made her presence known.

Shuttle was prompt and ran every half hour. You will need the shuttle if you want to take the train downtown; it's about a 2 mile walk from train to hotel. The hotel was clean and well lit and the connected sports bar was nice. Britney at front desk was helpful and nice. She works the day shift. Thank you, Britney.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• King Suite

Parking was an issue! Especially when arriving later in the evening when they were having a party downstairs.

Love the clean comfortable room and bed! Great breakfast loved the eggs and bagels. I was even mored excited to know they served Turkey Sausage on one morning.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• King Suite

There didn't seem to be enough parking, but I'd say it was because of the party going on. Fortunately, there was parking on the side of the hotel, and in the morning most of the spaces were cleared up.

The location was great and the room was huge! While we were only there for one night, it's definitely a hotel I'd look at again if we're in the area, especially during any conventions. There was also a party going on downstairs, which concerned me, but the staff put us on a higher floor (the 5th floor) and we didn't hear any of the noise, so we had a comfortable night's sleep.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• King Suite

Room size compromised by separate lounge. Transport failed to pick us up at the shopping centre so we had to walk home after waiting an hour and 3 calls to the hotel. No late check-out (only wanted an hour extra). Candlewood was better.

convenient area, park and shops around, close to O'hare. Room was roomy enough.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• King Suite

The breakfast was horrible. Tried many different items over a few days but the only things we could find to that tasted decent were the muffins & bagels!

Room was nice, bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Staff at desk checking could have been more professional an smiling, inviting. Room carpet had many spots

Good location for airport. Lovely shuttle driver.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

sofa bed is too soft and noise to sleep, I can't really take it as an extra bed. shuttle operate from 5am till 11pm

4km from the airport. very good breakfast, friendly staff, shuttle bus

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

I have young children. I presumed there would be a pool at the hotel and there was not.

Very clean. Comfortable. Everything very handy. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

I really didn't like that no one had informed me that the free airport shuttle stops running at 2am, when my flight was delayed and I didn't arrive until after that, especially after having called the hotel beforehand to make sure I would still have a ride. Neither their own website, nor kayak, nor booking.com had this information either. This was one of the main reasons I chose this hotel, and after having spent all evening and most of my night traveling, this was the absolute last thing I needed to be worrying about, was safe transportation at 3am.

I liked the size of the room, the amenities were exactly what I needed. The decor and the accent walls were lovely! I also liked that they were able to accommodate my request to be given a room on a higher floor, as I had read reviews that it can get quite loud on the weekends. Piping hot showers, and even make up remover towels with their soaps were a nice touch. Proximity to Enterprise car rental and being able to easily access public transportation was a major plus (either catch the train at Rosemont or OHare stations on the Blue Line, the shuttle will pick you up at both!)

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The carpets in my room seemed old because it was sticky on bare feet. Also the breakfast selection could have been better.

The staffs were very friendly and knowledgeable.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

I never complaint but in this case I need to write about my bad experience with the hotel shuttle. I waited for 1.5 hours at the airport for the shuttle, then I called finally the hotel (I have no US phone and it was not straightforward) and they promised to send the shuttle quickly. I waited another 30 minutes and then I just took a taxi. No one ever proposed to have me this taxi trip reimbursed. Only on the next day I learned at the front desk that the shuttle routinely operates on one terminal only so have it mind if you arrive at terminal 5 as I did. The other things are minor. The cleaning stuff trashed the plastic cover for my tooth brush, and on my last day the cleaning staff was knocking on my door every 20 minutes from 8:30 until 11:30 to check if I am gone; I had a note not to disturb on my door!

The beds are comfortable, the room was clean, the breakfast was OK. I rested well.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

There was an event going on in the ballroom directly beneath our room. It was as if the DJ was in our room the music was so loud. The music lasted until 11:30 p.m. on a Sunday evening. Additionally, we were locked out of our room, with our bags inside for nearly an hour, because the battery was dead on the electronic lock. It took forever for maintenance to finally get us in our room with the manual key. We were not offered a new room and we were not offered any compensation for our troubles.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• King Suite

The front desk staff could have been a bit friendlier. They weren't very engaging and didn't seem to smile at all.

We stayed in a king suite and it was a great space for me and my family. It was nice that there were 2 TVs in the 2 separate areas. I also liked the shuttle to the airport (very timely and efficient) and the continental breakfast (it's been a long time since a hotel has included that).

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• King Suite

The only thing I didn't like was that my flight was super late and I only had time for 4/5 hours of sleep and some jerk who said he had been waiting for an hour ( which he hadn't -I was waiting as well) so we turned around and got him, which normally I wouldn't mind but I had been traveling internationally and just wanted sleep.

Your staff was really nice and prompt.