Reviews of Comfort Suites - Southgate Detroit 3 stars

18950 Northline Road, Southgate, MI 48195 , USA

#2 of 6 hotels in Southgate

• King Suite

This is a bittersweet review. 1. The hotel room type description was wrong on Booking.com; which created an inconvenience and great disappointment. 2. The room was not dirty, but not fresh. The bathroom floor had not been swept well, nor was the carpet vacuumed well. The staff was nice, but they were not personable. I was not greeted at check-in, only asked if I could be helped. The clerk did not lift her head to look at me and I felt insignificant. When I realized the error in my room and that there were no available rooms to move us to I was determined not to react negatively and didn’t. 3. The refrigerator smelled as though something perhaps had spilled and soured (milk). 4. The window view was COMPLETELY OBSTRUCTED. (See attached). I have another reservation through Booking.com and am concerned that there may be issues. I am certain this was the worst room in the property.

We are experienced several issues, but the manager financially compensated me and I feel certain that the feedback I gave will be utilized for coaching purposes and training.

• Queen Suite

The pool was ICE COLD!!! My 4 year old didn't mind but oh my, was it chilly!!

Jackie, the front desk manager was extremely polite and helpful with dinner recommendations. She was handling a customer issue over the phone when we arrived, and not that it was any of my business, but the way she handled it was with the highest level of professionalism I've seen displayed in a long time. Our check in went smooth and effortless. The room was extremely clean as was the rest of the hotel. Breakfast was phenomenal, and the part that stands out most was the accessibility to a high chair for our one year old to use. It's the little things that most big businesses overlook, that mean the most to customers!!

• King Suite

Nothing to not like.. Clean, neat rooms, comfortable beds, TV, fridge and a Microwave. We are an older couple. We are Blessed to travel and stay at The best. See You again next year. God Bless You All.

We stay there every time we are in the area. It has everything we need to make us feel at home. Great staff. When we visit our children they have small homes, big families.

• Queen Suite

The bed was uncomfortable, the hotel manager Jackie minner was very rude , stayed at the hotel for a week and house keeping only came in ONCE. The room was very dusty and unsafe. The outlets were not secured with wire all out. Train station very close by.

• Queen Suite

Ice cold eggs! I keep forgetting to scoop from the bottom of the warmer instead of the top. My fault...I guess! (Remainder of complimentary breakfast food was fine.) Hotel computer automatically charges an extra $10 to your credit card bill which Comfort Inn says..."will eventually be rebated". But, they don't tell you this at check-in. Why do they do that? Thinking it was a mistake, it caused me to have to make a telephone call questioning the bill.

Checked the room survey "view" as poor, but we weren't really interested in a view. My wife and I were there to attend a funeral the next day. Everything else at the hotel was *WAY BETTER than I expected* We stayed in room 303...top floor. Absolute quiet...you could have heard a pin drop. Two fluffy pillows per person, one firm, one soft. Nice touch! Especially liked the complimentary breakfast. Saves money! As an aside, really liked the way Booking.com canceled hotel reservations for an upcoming trip to NOLA. My wife requires knee surgery. Considering I am terrified to order things on a computer, cancellation of my New Orleans hotel reservations were effortless and flawless. I expect to always use Booking.com in the future. Thank you so much.

• Queen Suite

Bath and shower, elevator and cart cleanliness

Shower didn't work and tub had chips and spots on it that couldn't be washed off. Elevator carpet was dirty and there was a smell. Bellhop cart had a smell. Overall, the hotel looked great, breakfast selection and drink selection was great, only thing wrong was that they had completely bruised and soft apples. Staff was happy and friendly.

• Queen Suite

A wedding party came in after midnight and was extremely loud. When I called to complain I was not really listened to. I also called to ask for sheets for extra bed and had to go get them myself. Not fun. Thought there would be more to the kitchen. At least an extra sink. I will not stay in your suites again I think

• King Suite

No hot tub pool for adults

Everything was nice and clean.. most of all the receptionist at the front desk made us feel very welcome. Will recommend to all the co..workers and family members to stay here five stars.. great job

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Queen Suite

Room was clean and comfortable, for the 4.5 hours I got to stay. I had to leave for the airport before breakfast was available, but there were "mobile breakfast bags" already prepared at the front desk. Thermostat worked effectively to make the room comfortable quickly.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Queen Suite

Right when we entered the hotel there was a very strong smell of cleaning products, even inside the room. The room lights were weak, and on the bed linens we found a lot of hair. The breakfast didn't have a lot of varieties of fresh food.

Spacious room. It was not far from airoprt DTW.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• King Suite

Lots of mold in the window. The rest of the room was clean. The elevator could also be heard loudly in my room and woke me very early. Be sure and say that you want away from the elevator.

Staff

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Queen Suite

hot tube/spa have trouble with handle not label with hot or Cold ..went leaving wait more then 15 min for elevator because of staff clean carts and workers hold them up to talk to each other about there weekend..

perfect...very clean, everything work in the rooms, will be stay again..at least once every month.and the front desk employee may us feel as a family member! very very happy thank you !!

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• King Suite

the look of the shower tile, thought it was little odd and out of place, considering how nice everything else was, it just didn't fit.

I woke up 10 minutes before breakfast closed got down there like five minutes before it closed but they kept breakfast open for me which was wonderful. Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Queen Suite

THE ROOM WAS A LITTLE DUSTY IN PLACES AND THE BATHROOM SINK AROUND THE EDGE OF THE BOWL HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED IN A GREAT WHILE. AND THE FRONT DESK DIDNT HAVE ANY PILLOWS FOR MY CHILDREN ON THE COUCH BED. WOW!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Queen Suite

Light bulb burned out at room entrance, musty/mildew smell in the fridge area, water leaking from shower head at wall connection, poor water pressure, very hot and stuffy on 3 rd floor hallway.

Nicely decorated room, spacious.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Queen Suite

That we had to switch rooms because someone didn't clean up the hair shavings in the shower. But the apologized and quickly changed us to a new nice clean room.

Staff friendliness, price location

• Queen Suite

For a suite the room was small and the sleeper sofa was not usable due to the poor condition of the mattress.

great room...great price.....great food

• Queen Suite

My Grandkids loved the food, and they are picky eaters, oh yes, the pool too.

• Queen Suite

There were some construction on the next room and too much noise was coming from there And they charged my card more than On the checkout bill

MORE HELP IN HOUSEKEEPING WE HAD TO GO DOWN AND GET EXTRA TOWELS

THE BREAKFAST WAS FAIR THE BED WAS GREAT AND THE ROOM WAS CLEAN

• Queen Suite

Most of the freeway entrance ramps were closed

Everything was perfect

• Queen Suite

The breakfast made me sick

My room was big, nice and clean the bed was wonderful

• King Suite

The lighting is too dim in the rooms.

The lobby presentation and the rooms were spacious enough.

• Queen Suite

Water pressure was low in our bathroom sink. Shower was fine so that was good 😊

Nice area, felt very safe, friendly people, easy to get to.

• Queen Suite

staff was very kind and place was very very clean.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Queen Suite

Better furniture, towel bar to hang up wet face towel, etc...

Comfortable, peacefulness, a good night's rest:)

It was great

Clean, comfy, polite staff

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Queen Suite

Bed was extremely comfortable and the staff was excellent

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Queen Suite

the breakfast could have been better

The cleanliness and the room was very nice.

It was all good

The staff was very friendly the room was very clean had a nice pool

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath

Found food on the floor in the room. It appears that the carpet could be replaced, it looked dirty.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Queen Suite

extra toiletries would have been better. at least one tooth paste was expected.

everything.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• King Suite

Noisy refridgerator, unplugged at night.

Beautifully decorated and very clean. Great bed. Breakfast good. Liked waffle maker.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

There wasn't a thing I didn't like.

The staff was friendly and extremely courteous. The bed was comfortable and the room was really nice. I left something in my room and the staff overnighted it to me, and they were awesome about it!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

Breakfast was pretty limited, some areas were a bit grubby.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Train line right next to the building which could be loud.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

We got a complaint of being too loud in our room from 5pm-9pm and we didn't even check in until 5:30 and it was only me and my 17 year old daughter and then we went swimming from 6-7:45 then showered. Um I don't think it was us. If we can't laugh then something is wrong!!!!!

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

Small pillows, lack of hand soap

Location, continental breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

train whistles during night were distubing to light sleepers.

extremely helpful front desk staff

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

They missed cleaning the room one day. At least there was enough towels for the next day.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

The hotel was nice and clean. The staff was kind and respectful. Foodo was good.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2016

The sofa was torn and tore in a couple of places. The mattress was thin and wore out.

The food was good. Good selections.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2016

• Reviewed: 6 April 2015

Coffeemaker did not work.

Comfort and clean!

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.