Reviews of Motel 6 Memphis - Graceland 2 stars

4.5

4.7

5.9

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I spent the night wavering between feeling between pretty scared and utterly terrified, sure that every sound outside of my room was the herald of my demise. There was clearly a room that doubled as a drug house. This gentleman’s’ club next door must not be very nice because the ladies of the night seem to much prefer the Motel 6 parking lot as a place of operations. Despite reserving a room for $57.54 on booking.com, the hotel kindly rounded up to $60, which I can only assume was to make sure I didn’t have to have spare change jingling around in my pocket. It was also quite nice to have men who were very obviously cracked out approach you right outside of my room begging for food (specifically two bananas). It was a very humbling experience that has kept me grounded, and also allowed me to meet some locals. The locks on the doors must be quite good because even though they were very loose from attempts from friends of previous tenants to kick the door in, the deadbolt still remains. If you want to sleep at a place that will likely become an active crime scene, this is the place for you.

Actually pretty clean

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It was lots of people standing around outside. You could clearly see one room they were selling drugs out of. Police was called out bc front desk wouldn't open his room door after they locked there key in.. while the police we're already there a your guy u walking to one room and people were yelling he just shot someone. The police then pulled his gun on the guy and the guy ran and this was all while hotel guest were standing outside. Bed are hard and nothing like the picture. They wouldn't give u a iron or didn't have enough towels the next morning.. NEVER AGAIN

It had wifi

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No WiFi, microwave didn’t work, toilet seat was broken, sink did not drain properly, everywhere was shabby and dirty. The laundry room smelled of stale urine, cannot recommend and would never stay here again

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Night staff was rude and angry to honor booking.com reservation. In fact refused. The refusal was followed up with the declaration that " I don't want or care to see your confirmation papers, we have a flat fee here and it doesn't matter what your papers say. You have a problem, take it up with booking.com. From there the dialog exchange went quickly down hill. The issue quickly became less about the price difference, and more about the rude, unwelcoming demeanor of this employees and the Motel 6 Franchise. Instead of reviewing the information provided by booking.com and providing a reasonable explanation for this locations unorthodox position, I was given a receipt for a flat amount, not an itemized bill or statement. This flat fee did not identify the cost of the room, taxes, fees or anything else. I would highly advise booking.com patrons to stay away from this hotel. In all my years of travel, I have never experienced such bazar and unprofessional behavior from hotel staff. Clearly this woman should not be in a job that requires interaction with the public. For booking.com, I would expect their hotel line-up to welcome reservations and honor the reservation when patrons arrive to check in. A despicable terrible experience, that I will not give Motel 6 a chance repeat in the future.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I didn’t like the fact that the beds were so uncomfortable. There was a enormous about of outside activities I ended up leaving at 3am because I couldn’t sleep people were loud playing loud music arguing alll night long

I didn’t like anything about the room I did enjoy the towel rack

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell the room itself and the beds where on board like tables but they charge like the rooms where luxurious. The staff where worst than the room...

Nothing at all property stink and was horrible. They wouldnt even let me get a different room since the first one stinked so bad and was very raggedy...

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

No work out facility, no breakfast, no where to hang clothes, no where to hang towels. Difficult controlling the temperature in the room. Acoustics between rooms horrible. Would not recommend to anyone else.

Microwave and refrigerator was the only good thing about this motel. The cleaning lady was so cordial and nice. She was very helpful and informative about local events.

• Deluxe King Room - Smoking

Arrive to my room not being ready. They were putting the entertainment center together and installing a tv they said. I hAd called and spoke to them maybe an hour earlier telling them my eta.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Tues 27th.Called reception for a cab, 20mins later no cab, rang again, still no cab through reception. First room was smelly, cigarette burns and stains on sheets, ask for new room, the exact same but was tired and needed rest, knew it would be the same. Lights didn't work. Broken fixtures, holes in walls, plughole in sink wouldn't open so any water I used stayed there. Wed 28th. Called front desk again for cab to airport at 7:35 to be at motel for 8am. Rang lobby at 8.05am. Said it still hadn't come after I asked for an immediate callback to give me an estimated time of arrival. Went to lobby, Lady in lobby called them and another company that she couldn't get through to and then started playing music loud on her phone. I had to interrupt her to try again and magically we got a cab straight away.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

ppl making noise all nite til mornin. ppl knockin on doors all nite. ppl in n out buying drugs cursin n front desk didnt do nothing about it. i called booking.com n they wasnt helpful either.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The plumbing... the bathroom sink leaks and the toilet would overflow if u put toilet paper in it...

Close to Graceland. The staff at the front desk was very polite and helpful

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

When you get there they add more money to the total that the website gives you when you book claiming 17% TN TAX +2$ for something else. Idk why theyvare the only hotel in tb that adds taxes + extra taxes + 2$ since its a state tax you would think booking.com would know more about it and it would be added into the final total. Guess not. Smh. Staff attitude is horrible when u di question the price difference.

Rooms were big.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

“Maintenance man” knocked on neighboring room door at midnight and banged around the room for several hours after what sounded like hammering. People going in and out of their rooms at all hours partying and blaring music in the parking lot. Plans flying directly overhead for several hours throughout the night. Impossible to get any sleep. There was no shampoo or body wash just a single bar of soap. Also of the two small towels in the room one looked as though it had been used to change oil in a car. The room was nonsmoking but the bedspread had cigarette burns covering the blanket.

Front desk staff was nice

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Dirty property. Staff not friendly. Old cars and broke autos all over the propert. Not enough cover in room and it was 20 degrees out that night. Will not be going back

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Clearly has not been properly cleaned and disinfected in decades. Dated and dingy with half assed renovations by an incompetent contractor. Why bother. Based on the cars racing in and out of the parking lot all night, I'm 100% certain that the back half of the motel is a drug den.

The night employee at the front desk was helpful. She moved me to a new room after the first one had a damaged toilet seat.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I got bit by bed bug. They need to get something done quickly about this. I was in room 105.

The staff was really nice and polite. It was well lit around the hotel parking lot.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was extremely loud. I could here people above me and in the parking lot screaming until 2 am. I had a room with an adjoining door and could hear the person in that room's TV, them using the bathroom and snoring through the wall/door. The walls, pillows, mattress and towels were very thin.

The woman at the front desk was very polite. I could park right in front of my room.

• Deluxe King Room - Smoking

There was to much rift raft going with some of the guest and their visitors some of the lights were out in our room had to put one of the big towels in the tub to stand to take a shower the refrigerator needed to be defrosted to much will not stay there again making Elvis look bad.

The parking lot was well lighted and it was close to our family

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Staff was very rude, accommodations were poor, room was nasty. There was traffic in and out 24-7. Parties going on, people hanging out, right outside the door of our room drinking and carrying on. Finally we decided there was too much going on there so we decided to check out at about 7 pm. They charged us for the night anyway.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing at all.I have stayed in several motel 6 this was the worst place ever.I wouldn't recommend that location to anyone and wouldn't let my pets stay there.

Nothing at all.The location was horrible.The room smelled of cigarettes.The beds was uncomfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were uncomfortable. The place needed some improvements (fresh coat of paint) The bedding was also either stained or not cleaned. We did not sleep under the covers we brought our own (we always do just in case we need it)

Location was nice and the staff was friendly

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Floor was very dirty. Two towels between three people is not enough. They were so thin you could see through them and when I asked for more said they didn't have and gave me a handful of washcloths.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Arrival was sad, staff not friendly or helpful. The motel is next to a gentleman's club...and many hookers were walking in the area and motel parking love. This is not a motel for families or safe place. Motel advise they have fresh coffee at 6 am...but at 6:15 I went to lobby...the staff was sleeping on the counters, chairs and not ready...no coffee...and told to go fast food place nearby....this was the worst motel 6 I have ever been to. Sad for this motel 6 located in Memphis...and close to Graceland...to be so poorly run....disgrace to the city and tourist....

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No towels, dirt floor, people talking loudly all night, strange people walking around all day and night, people (they looked homeless) at the hotel door talking and screaming when we arrived. Vending machines not working.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hey. It's across from a huge liquor store and next door to a strip club. Who cares?! They took us and our 3 pets without issue. It was quiet and near a walmart which we needed for supplies. Also Memphis is amazing!

They took our pets without price gauging us like every other place I called! We were evacuating from Irma and this place was perfect.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Poor cleaning standard and a broken light bulb in a room that was already quite dark to begin with.

Close to Graceland and friendly and helpful staff as well as a small pool are all in favour of this Motel 6.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not enough towels,had to ask. Bathtub was filthy,good thing I had water shoes. Walls were very dirty. Not enough space to tell the rest

The bed was clean and okay for comfort. The staff was friendly

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I have stayed at a lot of Motel 6's. This was the worst I have ever seen. The should not have a franchise. Makes a bad name for the chain.

Nothing. Rooms were small. Beds we uncomfortable. Bath mat was moldy on the bottom. Pool had garbage floating around in it. Not a good part of town. Very scary.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We got to our room and the beds were unmade. No sheets or anything on them. And it was well after check in time. Our smoke detector was going off for over an hour, and it wasn't on the wall so we were even more confused. We called and asked someone to come make it stop twice and I went to the office and the maintenance man finally found the sound from the detector...under a bed!!? Coffee is only served from 6a to 10a and not all day, which was kind of a bummer. I had to go to the office and get another pillow for each bed because the housekeeper only put one on each bed and said she'd see if she could find more and bring em back and we never saw her again. She was on her phone the entire time she was making beds as well. I love listening to planes but the walls are apparently paper thin because I was awoken several times in the 4am hour with loud jet planes.

I love how modern and clean the room was. The gal at the counter who checked us in was super nice and helpful and polite and eventually solved all our problems. She also gave us a bunch of pamphlets on Graceland and other tourist attractions in the area! Parking was perfect. Right outside our second story room.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Very ghetto!!! The blankets were stained! I didn't even want to shower even though I had been in a car for two days! I could not go outside without some guys saying they wanted to speak at me!

The air conditioning and the fact that the parking lot was so well lit made me feel like there was a little less of a chance my car wouldn't be stolen.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The towels were small and stained. I moved the mini fridge and bugs ran out from under it. The lid to the toilet cistern does not fit and runs constantly. The front door did not fit properly with gaps all around it and appears to have been forced open at some stage - from the outside. Bathroom tiles cracked. Would not recommend at any price - this was a deluxe room !! I think not.

Not very much

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything! Except the lady at the counter, I felt sorry for her that she had to work there.

Absolutely nothing in fact we checked in and checked out within 5 minutes the area and motel was in a very rough neighborhood, the room looked like it had been broken into, people hanging out on balconies, and smell of pot so strong. We didn't feel safe at all! It looked like drug deals going on.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

it was a crack hotel with very unsafe conditions including many seedy characters walking around all night long. We felt it was a terrible place and do not recommend anyone stay there. Horrible smells, broken fixtures and dirty everywhere. Does not get a single star rating.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

It was dirty. We could hear everything our neighbors were doing. There were holes and hair in the sheets. There were stains on the sheets. There weren't enough pillows.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The entire visit ..it was scary and ghetto.

Nothing. There were people soliciting all night, it was noisy,scary, and the worst hotel I have ever been to.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

This place is tolerable...if you don't mind the ground-in dirt in the fabric of the desk chair and the old, chipped furniture...all the finish on the edges is worn away; the desk's edge was splintered. Everything is sad and worn. The towels aren't cleaned to whiteness, old dirt is visible. The bathtub bottom's textured surface was frightful...black with mold/whatever, and can't be cleaned (or hasn't been given a proper effort). Floor tiles by the sink area are slimy from improper cleaning and one was broken, along with the molding by the carpet; there are many sad features that make the place look derelict. The Motel 6 organization should be ashamed! No one should have the shock of showing up for a room like this; no one should have to stay in such conditions, especially paying over $10 for it!

The bed was comfortable enough, the old 'bunchy' pillow was soft on my head. The internet was good...the reception person was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The property is located in an almost derelict part of town. It is also almost on the perimeter of the airport and on the flight path of one of the runways. This can be a bit scary when you hear a FedEx jet passing overhead to land just beyond the motel. The Wi-Fi wasn't working for the first day we were there and the desk staff were unable to do anything to sort it.

The room was well maintained and clean. The bedding and towels were fresh and clean. The property is handy for Graceland and downtown was not to far away by car.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It was nasty floors were sticky beds were nasty everything was nasty horrible location it look like drug deals were going on in the rooms next to us horrible experience

We stayed for one night it was reasonably cheap and I knew why when we first went into the room

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room was rather filthy. The wood floor was nasty with dirt along with the tub. Loud and belligerent guest. Police there every night and the room next door reeked of weed.

I liked the fast and easy check in. The front desk lady was nice.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

A lot of drug dealers and prostitutes. Aviod this place! I was scared all night, someone was knocking on my door.

It was clean and comfort. Staff was ok.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

The place is a hole. Dirty noisy and directly under the flight path for Memphis International airport so be prepared to get woken up gone midnight. Also most rooms are missing safes kettles microwaves & hairdryers. All up not a good hotel best advice pay a little extra.

Price

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

floor filthy.. after shower / bath walked back to bed and soles of feet were black... mentioned it to cleaner who said manager refused to give them soap to wash floors. Smelt stale when u entered room. beds poor standard. Receptionist acted as if she couldnt care if we stayed or not

no food offerered

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom smelt very strongly of bleach/chlorine and the walls of the room were so thin that it sounded like the family next door was inside our room. The location was also not great as there was a lot of noise from people drinking and partying in the parking lot for most of the night. We came out to two broken beer bottles next to our car in the morning.

The laundry facilities were quick and easy to use, the dryer left our clothes nicely pressed.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Smoking

THAT THERE WAS MUSIC THUMPING INTO THE NIGHT BY OTHER PEOPLE STAYING THERE the loudness of the other patrons outside our door. I was literally scared to go to sleep the first night

IT WAS CENTRALLY LOCATED TO EVERYWHERE WE WANTED TO GO.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

After being in our room 20 minutes some strange man looked in our window not once but twice I guess he was the cousin of someone at the desk Very uneasy and not comfortable at all

Not much to like here

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Carpet was filthy and torn. Bed skirt was nasty Bathtub was really dirty and the furniture hadn't beencleaned in quite a while.

It was close to Graceland

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Smoking

The toilet area could have been a lot cleaner. The base on the floor looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The bed had no fitted sheet for the bed. It had a flat sheet instead and because of that,it would come untucked while we were sleeping. They also need more blankets, extra fluffy towels, and shampoo. Also, the stopper in the sink was broken.

I loved the jet tub and the big bed. The a.c. worked very well.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Room looked clean but it had a stale smell. The furniture was well worn and behind an easily moveable chest there was months of dust and debris. No little shampoo or conditioner, no bath mat, 2 very unsoft towels and wash clothes. This is something I normally wouldn't notice so since I am commenting on it...assume it was bad, It might have been clean but it didn't feel clean, the carpet was well worn, the covers dateded, they didn't even have a fitted sheet on the bed. I only needed a place to sleep for a few hours (they did not give me a wake up call and didn't apologize when I told them I didn't get it) Limited channel selection on the very dated TV. This is not some place for a family. I suggest spending a little more for someplace else, and there are plenty in the area. I chose it because it was a national chain, thought I could trust it, but no very low quality even for the price. I travel a lot and this was very poor quality. No breakfast, weak internet service, location looked a little unsafe because it was next to a junk shop for cars.

Close to Interstate 55, Graceland and tourist center down the street, The Tourist center was very helpful and morning desk clerk was nice.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Smoking

there was no kleenex,pen or paper,no bath towel for floor,didnt like shower head,only 29 channels for t.v. ,microwave table wobbly, freezer was dirty.even though it was priced right everything I mention wouldnt of costed anything or a coulpe of bucks it would of been nicer but would stay here again.

staff was nice an friendly and the room was clean and had plenty of room and I would stay here again were ever I went next.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hard to exchange towels because there weren't enough. The ice machine (only one) was broken and the drink machine was high and only accept coins.

The staff was coopperable about extending me another night.

The hotel

Triflin pimps knockin on door

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Pool was super dirty, housekeeping never made the beds, never enough towels , WiFi didn’t work

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Fighting that was outside with someone and shooting, so we left quickly to my mother house. Until things come down.

It was close to everything.

• Deluxe King Room - Smoking

Bad customer service room had no phone to didn't work unclean covers neighborhood bad

• Deluxe King Room - Smoking

High drug traffic prostitute very bad area picture's on websites not even close

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toilet was loose rocking and moving when I sit on it

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unknown Individual tried to open door to room

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Nothing good. No sheets on beds. Tiny room, horrible location.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I loved everything wasn’t anything I diss liked

Everything was wonderful I will be going back soon

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Mattress to firm.Boxspring on bed too hard

Tv on the wall.And sink was clean.

It was filthy and stank

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds weren't comfortable, Location wasn't good

Staff was ok

Floors filthy

• Deluxe King Room - Smoking

The planes that came over.

• Deluxe King Room - Smoking

Floors nasty and slippery. Toilet nasty. Pillows flat.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty place with a lot of noisy!

I was disappointed

Almost everything

The cable

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Paper thin walls and the door looked like it was kicked in at some point.

The location of the motel and the fact that there were people smoking weed right outside our room in their car.

Everything was horrible

They gave me my money back

• Deluxe King Room - Smoking

Extremely unsafe area, staff don’t care for Guests and heir safety

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was mean. Overcharged me cost almost 10$ more than booking.com quoted me. Bad business.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The outside was very noisy

The flatscreen TV's