Reviews of Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport 4 stars

6225 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA

#34 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

The choices at the cafe were very limited for vegetarians.

It was very close to the airport. The free shuttle was convenient. The room was very clean and comfortable and the gym was very good.

The price of the food in the hotel was quite expensive.

The value i got for the room was very good, the room was very clean and aesthetically pleasing. A huge tv in the room and great facilities on offer.

Speedy check in, nice business center and great service from the airport shuttle which runs frequently (every 10 mins or so). Price is a bit high but great place to stay if you need an overnight traveling out of LAX.

Unfortunately a power failure stopped the lifts and a few issues on the day, but we were still looked after by the staff and the venue is a good one. Food wasn’t great from the cafe, however the breakfast supplied was great.

The rooms were larger than expected, very clean. Very new and comfortable, overall excellent value for a family.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Had issues at check in where the EFTPOS device wouldn't take any of my credit cards. Eventually used another device at check in and it worked. Didn't really need this with a 12.30am arrival. Checkout was fine.

Good size room, comfortable bed, clean

I was on my way to the airport and asked for assistance to bring my luggages downstair. Waited for around 10 minutes but no one came. I left my luggages in the room and went downstair to check out and told the lady in the front desk no one came to help me with my luggages. She told me that the bellman was actually in the room as I was going downstair. I think she lied I saw the same guy who just grabbed the cart and went upstair and brought my luggages downstair. This happened Sunday morning. I understand if she honestly forgot about my request but I really think she was not telling me the truth.

The room is nice and clean.

There was nothing that we didn't like.

Great hotel & location to hang your hat if you have early morning or late arrival flights. We had an early morning flight back to Boston the next day and decided to stay close to airport to make it easier on us. Loved the minimalistic, but fun vibe of the decor. We had a large dbl queen room that was clean and comfortable. Great 24 hr. snack bar in lobby.

No free hotel parking, $100/night for incidentals

Very clean, friendly & helpful staff, beautiful design, quiet room, comfy bed, great TV, great housekeeping, great & fast room service, nice gym, lots of food available at convenience.

Expensive parking.

Nice Starbucks coffee in the room from the coffee machine. Nice breakfast from the cafe near the lobby. Nice free shuttle to the airport.

House Keeping Service was weak, hotel is overpriced to what it is.

Great Location for 2 nights as of airport proximity and surprisingly not noisy when inside. Shuttle Service every 10 minutes.

None.

Overall was excellent. Stayed only one night after long flight. Morning breakfast was nice and service staff members were friendly. Finally hotel location was good after long trip.

I was there for my birthday ....I must say We had more than our money’s worth ! It was very clean , staff were very polite and helpful, loved it all , I’ll recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a top of the line stay in Los Angeles .

I arrived at the Hyatt with no expectations as I’ve never stayed there before, however I hoped to have a pleasant experience. Upon arrival, we were greeted very nicely. When we checked into our room it smelled like mold and wet carpet. We asked for another room and received one immediately, which was great. However the next room was worse! The comforter on the bed was actually dirty, not like a little stain or a mark, but literally had what looked like a shoe print on the comforter. The toilet had a lag when you flushed it and had to be flushed twice before it was empty, and the shower had stains. After getting the comforter changed, we didn’t want to complain again so we stayed in the room and ordered room service. That took forever, don’t get me get started. When the guy finally arrived with our food, there was a ROACH on the silverware! I kid you not. A roach. The guy was like “oh sorry” and brought us another silverware. After all that happened we were just over it and went to bed. The weekend went smoothly after that, except for the fact that whenever we called downstairs, the attendant at night NEVER answered the phone. It took 3-4 times before we could reach anyone. Needless to say, I won’t be staying at another Hyatt again.

The food was expensive, but that is what I expect for hotel offerings.

Higher end hotel with lovely decor and open spaces. Cordial, helpful staff. Options for dining.

The location close to the airport

The room wasn't clean. The bin in the room wasn't empty it was full of rubbish, probably from the previous guest.

• Club King

Overall design of the hotel is not the best/a bit strange especially all light fittings. Staff communication not always great. A few problems with getting me Into a room but all was okay in the end.

Lounge is amazing as is Cairo and all lounge staff! Great coffee in the suites also.

The lifts were very busy and often arrive full - that's the trouble with an airport hotel. There isn't really a proper restaurant either although room service isn't too expensive and has a lot of choice.

The basic room with 2 queen beds was huge and nicely decorated and furnished. We were told it had just been refurbished and you can tell. Breakfast was included in our rate and there was loads of choice.

I can't find a negative for this airport hotel.

- Excellent quality hotel - Value for money - Friendly staff, fast check in/storing cases for the day - Bar/ 24/7 food counter was excellent and perfect for recovering from jet lag! - airport shuttle is fast - immaculate rooms with decent views and a very comfy bed.

Perhaps a small restaurant in the hotel, there was a breakfast buffet until 11.00h and small room that served again from 17.00h but no real restaurant. The Bar served a minimum menu at lunch time which was adequate.

Whoever was contracted to design this Hotel/hotel room did an excellent job. The hotel is ideally situated close to the LAX airport with a regular 15 minute shuttle service (although our return trip driver put us out at the ARRIVALS and not Departures which was a bore dragging 3 suitcases to another destination. The hotel is large and airy with excellent visibility, a good Gift shop. Rooms were cleverly and precisely designed so whatever one needed was there (including iron) nothing more, nothing less. Room service delivered at 1.00am however not the best Hamburger ever. On another occasion for an overnight en route stop I would not hesitate to book here again.

I would not have picked this hotel for an extended stay in LA as it is located in the concrete jungle near the airport, but for an overnighter on a business trip, it was perfect.

If you are in transit through LAX this hotel is ideally located with a fast and efficient shuttle service. Reception staff were friendly and quick. The room was comfortable and clean and the shower was excellent.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

There was snot on the pillow, complete with shiny crusty glaze. The toiletries were already used, when I picked the tube of shampoo up someone else's dirty shower water dribbled out. Really unhappy about this especially as we played such a premium price. It was like the room was only for 1 person, only 1 bath robe, 1 coffee etc in a king room.

• King Room with View

It was noisier than the airport hotels we have stayed in at Heathrow and Gatwick. Water pipes when other rooms were using the bathrooms and slamming doors. Poor water pressure in shower and shower head wouldn't stay upright.

Proximity to airport. Free shuttle bus regularly running. Comfy bed. Large room

Everything was great

Airport shuttle arrived quickly, 10 mins to the hotel, easy check in , excellent fitness centre, comfortable beds, great shower, delicious breakfast with lots of variety...tasty chicken sausages!

staff attitude

Pretty good hotel, but the staff were narky and didn't seem to change at all throughout the short stay. they just had a bad attitude. Like they didn't want to be there and I was there as an annoyance.

The hotel was modern and looked like it had recently been remodeled. Everything was fresh. The color palette was pleasing. The room was large and had everything you needed. The sheets were soft and the bed was comfortable. We slept well. Restaurants offer both a take away or sit down option. Food was excellent. Service was great. The shuttle service was prompt and a quick trip to the airport.

Given a room key to a room someone else was already asleep in (!), also like a bath tub however my room was shower only. A bit rushed at dinner, would have been nice to have been asked if we wanted anything else before receiving the check.

Very convenient for airport, shuttle was waiting and ride was just 5 mins, reception staff very helpful, concierge too. Room modern and clean.

The pillows were hard and not easy to sleep on

The bed was very comfortable, The staff was very helpful and friendly! Great location for early flight out!

Seriously everything Big rooms Shuttle bus to airport every few minutes with extremely helpful drivers Smiling staff Close to airport u can walk even

No labelling of ingredients at breakfast so I had to ask to track down gluten free items. You had to ask for soya milk or dairy free alternatives. You had to ask for juice. All were delivered by helpful staff but why make us all ask? The dining room was soulless. I appreciate that many people are on business but it could have some character! Staff were laying tables for breakfast and mopping floors whilst we ate dinner. Admittedly we sat down to dinner at 8.30pm but this isn't unusual in Europe. We don't want to feel that we are being hurried out!

A good choice when you need to be close to the airport and want to be able to sleep. The room was spacious, quiet and spotlessly clean. The staff were helpful. The dining room lacked character but the food was good and staff helpful when we needed to change an ingredient due to my gluten intolerance. Wine was sold only by the glass which was odd but the offer was good. Breakfast was included in my rate and there was a good choice of items. The shuttle service to and from the airport was ideal. I would stay here again.

The location of the hotel is perfect when flying out of LAX. I was able to drop my car at Midway Car rental and walk to the hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was clean and quiet. The free shuttle early in the morning was a great bonus!

There was hair in the bathroom and a food wrapper on the floor behind the door. The restaurant was closed in the middle of the day with only a short menu in the bar and the little store in the hotel was closed at 2 PM on a Saturday afternoon.

Everything was fine with exceptions noted below. comfortable quiet and extremely convenient to LAX. An international crossroads.

Location to airport is awesome. Rooms are pretty soundproof. Never heard a plane, a person in the hall or a elevator. I would and will stay here again. Shuttle is every 5min 24-7 we used their parking garage for our car while away so convienant. Everything was wonderful!

The food prices were very high.

Location. I was able to uber to a lot of key places on one day then rent a car and drive to my conference the next day. I used the hotel shuttle for getting to the car rental. I also used uber eats for a variety of food options.

• Queen Room

It was probably a little pricey.

The position of the hotel was perfect for us being close to the airport as we had a flight the following day. We found the rooms very comfortable and the restaurant was handy and had a varied menu - suited us. A big thank you to the friendly and helpful staff.

Almost nothing however only stayed 1 night

Location is perfectly close to the LAX airport ,free shuttle bus running every 15 min with super helpful drivers,clean big rooms

Misleading ad: when they advertize against some or all rooms "available breakfast", don't take them wrong. This formula does not mean "breakfast included", vice versa it means you have to pay for your breakfast $29 per person. Dirty windows (from outside) in old fashioned frames; a lot of dust and stains in between the inner and outer glass. We stayed two times in two different rooms; the problem was the same in both. Pity, the sitting area by the snack bar is extremely small.

Proximity to the airport (5 min), VERY frequent free shuttle bus, hotel's cleanliness, extremely helpfull and friendly staff. Very good breakfast if you choose to pay $29 or get it included in your room rate. On the other hand if you don't, there is a snack bar outside the dining area wih comparatively cheap food.

The breakfast buffet was incredible & it was free to us because our check-in took much longer than usual because the hotel did not have the email confirmation from booking.com & had to set up the reservation from scratch. They honored the price based on my paperwork. Handled it very professionally.

The hotel putting a hold on my card for the entire amount of the two rooms plus taxes and an extra $800 for incidentals. That's too much! ALSO for a room service, I was charged tax of $3.00, which is understandable. But then room service fee of 10% - 4.50 of the total, and delivery fee another $3.00....totaling $10.50! And the soup I ordered was $12.00. Lastly- I really wanted to go swimmimg, but it was just too cool for an outdoor pool. A hotel that big and costly, should have an indoor pool. All and all, I still give this a rating of 4 out of 5 stars.

Beds were extremely comfortable. The rooms were very clean, with a great view.

It’s a bit far from everything apart from the airport. However, we had a rental car so it was easy getting to places.

The room was always cleaned daily.

It’s not really a complaint but worth to mention.The lady who checked us in the first time didn’t mention anything about the breakfast despite it was included in my booking (we didn’t ask though), the morning after we had to come back to the reception desk and have printed a voucher cause at the main acceptance desk to get into the breakfast area they told us we were not listed/allowed. Also at the check out, we were said that we had nearly 35$ lunch to pay while this amount was for breakfast that was actually included in my main booking so not no be paid additionally. The reason I am writing this is because I think that in these high standard hotel the staff might be slightly more “prepared”.Nothing major by the way and apart from that the staff was really really nice. Moreover, 40 dollars per day for the park is too much.

Breakfast was amazing and personnel at the breakfast area was really kind and effecient!Awesome service. The fitness room was amazing as well, well equipped with a splendid view.

We arrived early morning due to our flight being changed and was given a room straight away .Then when we asked for an hour extra check out there was no problem and no extra charge . Food was very good in the bar and in the restaurant. Would definitely stay here again .

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View

Public areas and dining were only adequate, not good.

Convenient location for airport, good shuttle service. Room was great, dining and other facilities were limited.

The hotel is conveniently situated close to the airport allowing easy access. There are shuttles from the airport to the hotel. The hotel was pleasantly spacious, having spent three nights in New York prior to arriving in LA.

Your main restaurant fair at best. Too many toppings and sauces; not enough plain grilled or broiled. While there, five people ordered hamburgers from the other restaurant to be brought over.

Room was very nice and comfortable

• Regency Suite

Parking (self-park) is confusing as far as where and how to park in the next door building. Valet parking is $44 and gives you in-out options, but there is no option to valet park if you do not need in-out service.

Rooms were bright, spacious, nicely designed. Beds were comfortable. Frequent shuttles to and from the hotel. Close enough to walk-only 15min walk to the international terminal.

Everything was great! Bed so comfy. Room so clean and spacious. Location to LAX was the reason we stayed here. Has a shuttle bus that runs between airport and hotel every 10 - 15 minutes free of charge! Thank you to Johnny who kept the drinks and food coming down in the bar!

Reception staff surly and lacked any attempt to lbe civil to clientele on arrival. This was compounded with a false fire alarm alert which resulted in everyone on our floor having to defend to the parking lot. No explanation or apology from her only the information that “everything’s fine go back to your rooms.”

Staff at breakfast were awesome, as were night staff. Bed extremely comfortable.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View

Room service food was dreadful and very expensive for what you got (Example: $17 for an ordinay cheese quesadilla that was the smallest I have ever seen.) I complained so the cost of room service was deducted. Nice gesture on the part of the hotel.

Nice staff, comfortable room

• King Room with View

I don’t like every think . We got to the hotel late at 11 pm where as our check in at 3 pm , and the room it was not clean and they asked us to wait, and when we asked how long we were waiting, they told us we don't know, maybe two, three, or four hours. Really I will not recommend anybody to booking in this hotel.

I don’t like any thing specially the staff there were very bad pepole and the way how they deal with the guest it is very bad . The duty manager told us If you don’t like our way you can leave the hotel

No complaints

Stayed two nights here, chose the Hyatt due to its convenience to the airport for our flight back to the UK. Very comfortable with great facilities, no noise disruption from being close to the airport. Airport shuttle run regularly as advertised.

The room rate is high compared to other airport hotel nearby. The tax was added when you checkout and the total price is very high. The air condition is not fuzzily controlled and the room temperature is not very stable.

It's newly renovated. The location is good, about 10 minutes from the LA airport by free shuttle. The driver is helpful. The room is spacious and clean.

No kettle in the room which is inconvinient for families and parking can be expensive. Shower head was loose and unusable but we were given the room anyway (thank God there were 2 shower heads).

Location is great since we rented a car, check-in and check-out process is super efficient, friendly/helpful hotel staff

Room way too hot and could not keep thermostat set temperature. Not hot tea option in room, no milk for coffee. As a world class hotel Hyatt could offer the standard comforts of global hotels in these small amenities.

Roomy and clean.

It would be good to offer guests help with heavy luggage when loading it to the transfer bus.

Modern stylish hotel with regular transfer from/to airport. The room was of a good size with sitting area (sofa, arm-chairs with table). Tea/coffee facilities in the room. The staff was friendly, room service fast (max 30min to deliver an order). We liked buffet breakfast which offered fresh orange juice.

Honestly, I liked everything. I'm returning here when needed.

I was very impressed that staff took the initiative to ask if I needed anything, and I really appreciated how friendly everyone was. It made the business of the trip so much more pleasant.

• Queen room with View - Disability Access

Far from city center and tons of traffic to get in or out of our hotel but hey that’s Los Angeles for you

Amazing service ! The staff at the breakfast buffet went beyond to find color sprinkled topping and whip cream for my 4 year old daughter! I told them it’s ok and she will get over it but they did it for her :)

The Hyatt Regency LAX is by far the best and most convenient hotel in the airport area. Their shuttle service is excellent and the facilities are very nice.

• Queen Room

Awakened for early flight...can hear TV and other activities in neighboring rooms. Bathroom light switch in awkward place.

Food availability, choice. Staff. View. TV/connection panel. Electricity/charging. View/Window shades. Shuttle driver. Location relative to terminals.

Only little things like the shower for would not stay closed and windows were a bit worn.

Fantastic to be able to crawl from a long flight into a warm welcome, efficient service and a large comfortable bed. The view from the room was stunning in the evening, watching the arteries around the airport pumping with car and plane lights. Spacious foyer with its modernist foyer worked well. Calm and peaceful atmosphere.

• King Room with View

Even though the hotel is new our room showed already wear and tear. Carpets in hall way was dirty etc. Windows while double insulated look ugly! Not so nice views, in fact.

Extremely friendly staff, close to LAX connected with a reliable shuttle bus.

We requested a wake up call (it was the first day of daylight savings) and the call came an hour late. Fortunately we were already up, but when we mentioned it to the front desk they reacted with indifference.

The selection and quality of the food offered was very good, as Hyatt generally is. The breakfast buffet was much better than dinner a la carte in our opinion. Friendly service. The gym was excellent and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. And, of course, the shuttle from and to the terminals is a huge plus.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View

When booking I wanted to have breakfast at the hotel because we had a 7:00am flight and wanted to make sure we started the day off with a meal. When booking the reservation it was stated that Breakfast was included, Didn't happen. I had other options that had breakfast included and went with Hyatt. Will never make that mistake again.

Nothing wrong with it.

Everything. Comfort, exceptional staff friendliness and knowledge of hotel, great Genius rate, late check-out which ended up being free of charge after accidental issue with reservations on agreed check-out time/their issue, not ours. Great dinner and wine list, best bed I have slept in, and closest hotel to LAX I have stayed in, and frequent shuttles.

Nice location near the airport but quite far away from the city, the car service to the city Centre is not cheap.

Quite big room and bed, nice room service food, nice staff

• King Room with View

I booked through booking.com, no one informed that the hotel will hold an extra $100 a night for my stay. I was expecting to pay one price but my card got charged an extra $300 dollars.

THE BATHROOM DID NOT COME WITH TOILETRIES. I HAD TO ASK FOR IT. WHEN I CALLED HOUSEKEEPER, HE ASKED ME MANY QUESTION ON WHY AM I ASKING THESE TOILETRIES AND HOW MANY DAYS DID I STAY ETC

THE LOCATION IS SO CLOSE TO THE AIRPORT AND EXCELLENT FREE SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE

There are no slippers and toothbrush in the room, so you always need to call Guest Services ask some.

Super Clean and beds are soo comfortable. Very fast check-in and check-out and no charge for late checkouts.

Leaving......

Convenient, friendly, courtesy bus means once you leave the airport you're 10 minutes away, spotlessly clean, very comfortable beds...and a pool! Great place.

The concierge Joy was the most helpful member of staff I have ever dealt with! She always had a smile and couldn't do enough. Definitely went above and beyond.

Bathroom is not great for family visits... sliding glass door with no lock, no hooks for hanging clothes, small. Overall, the room is a bit small for the cost compared to other hotels.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The toilet was plugged when we arrived in the room, the TV remote did not work, and switches on the futuristic-looking but poorly designed light fixtures were counter intuitive (i.e. impossible to figure out).

Location was convenient for our overnight layover in LA. Staff at the front desk and in the restaurant were delightful.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Great choices for casual dining, quick service deli, restaurant and bar food and drinks. Enjoyed the options available. Very quiet room too - nice and spacious - everything a traveller could hope for.

• Club King

Great Hotel with professional Staff. i was using the Regency Club which is my recommendation for any buiness treaveller. Special Thankx to the team of the Regency Club which made my stay so pleasnt*******

Nothing to dislike.

Staff were so helpful and friendly . After 14 hour flight they allowed us to check straight in which was amazing. Great place to stay if want to be near airport. Uber rides and free airport shuttle made getting around easy.