Reviews of Comfort Inn Conference Center Pittsburgh 3 stars

699 Rodi Road, Churchill, PA 15235, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Churchill

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The road from lights to hotel needs repair, rest everything is good about hotel.

The Hotel was very near to SV temple, which was our destination. The Staff was very helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

hallways were in need of a vacuum and dusting, but rooms were clean

breakfast was great, lots of choices. waitress, bartender and front desk clerks all very friendly , rooms were clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Came back to room for the 2nd nights stay only to find that the housekeeping staff had never come to make beds, clean bathroom , give clean towels - called front desk - got clean towels and an apology -

It was fine -

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking isn’t so friendly, but I have two kids and had to carry ALOT of stuff so it made it some what annoying. One of the staff was speeding through the parking lot and my husband had to snatch my son up because she was THAT close to him. She was so rude!

I loved that the breakfast included was a real breakfast and actually had meat and a variety of different items available to suit anyone. The beds were super comfy!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness. The bathroom walls needs to be washed. The air conditioning unit needs cleaning. The room was stuffy and smelled of mold wich caused me allergies to flat up. The bed sound like a train on the track.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The restaurant... loud and obnoxious guest at the bar and nothing was being done. Poor service getting waited on. Our group went else where to eat. Lounge was loud and noisy!!! I’m so glad we were in the “A” section of the hotel !!!

Convenient to the city and the noon check out time.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Checkin time was delayed on our 2nd n 3rd rooms but we understand if was extremely busy

We were in town for pitt graduation with extended family all of our rooms were together

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Property is very old and needs updating.

The room was huge and well equipped, but very dated. There was a small balcony, which was nice. The bathroom area was tiny. Room was very clean. Staff were courteous, and the property was nice and close to the highway.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location is close to the University of Pittsburgh with a good price but the road around here is not easy to manipulate. Breakfast is very good. Overall is good.

Certain things felt a little outdated, especially walkway to the pool and the pool locker rooms/workout area.. Also was trying to watch the playoffs and the signal kept cutting in and out and it was nice out

breakfast was good and we got upgraded to a jacuzzi suite so that was nice!

It smelled of old smoke, even though they claimed to be a non-smoking facility, and the bathroom had not been cleaned. There were also other guests smoking two doors down. We also had no hot water in the morning. The staff at the front desk was not accommodating when we let them know of the situation.

The room was large.

Water pressure in bathroom was bad, and temperature could not be controlled. Even though we tried to turn on water for the shower, most water came out the spout, so it was tough to wash up. We were at the hotel three nights; asked for wake up calls twice. First time, no wake up call came at all, and we overslept. Second time, the call came an hour early (at 4:30 am!). One day our room was missed by Housekeeping entirely. Hotel advertises as pet friendly; however there is a size restriction on pets that is not mentioned on the website at all and we were told when we arrived with our Lab. We chose the hotel for pet friendly option; now we cannot stay if we are to bring him again.

Staff was very friendly. Bed was extremely comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty bathroom, the whole building needs some serious remodeling besides the carpet being new. Nice pool but need tlc. Jaccuzzi cold. Roof leaking.

Room nice breakfast was awesome

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool temperature could have been a little warmer. Our bathroom was a little small. But overall, it was a nice experience to just get away for a night.

I liked how the breakfast bar was set up and how the room felt cozy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The heating system didn’t work well - extremely hot and way too loud I had to wait for almost 10 min at midnite for the front desk person to check me in because she was helping someone else book a room on the telephone That said she was helpful so we weren’t late the next morning.

The restaurant staff was very nice

I didn't like that when I tried to extend my stay I was offered a room of lesser stature but would be charged the same amount. Also the ceiling for the pool leaked into the pool area during a storm.

Hot tub was very relaxing Bed was extremely soft and comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The restaurant in the hotel was amazing, our bartender/waiter was the absolute best. The food was amazing and our waiter made it a priority to entertain us and he was an all around amazing guy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower wasn't the greatest. We had to wait about 15 min of it running and trickling out before it would actually run out ebough to take a shower.

Kids loved the pool. The hotel was not rowdy or loud. We did have an issue with our tv not working but they came up immediately and put a new one in.

The breakfast was bland and tasteless need more variety.

The pool and jacuzzi was a plus I adore the pillows and the bed they were so comfortable I got some well needed and deserved rest!! Amazing 👍🏾

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I requested that the rooms be conjoined and they weren’t. The hot tub was out at night the day we got there. The staff kept telling me their policy. I am a family of seven i know the rules and follow them.

The staff was friendly....the rooms were clean. My kids enjoyed swimming.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The heater is on the loud side, and is difficult to control the temperature with only "low heat, high heat, low cool, high cool, and low and high fan." So no thermostat. Even so, it is a great value.

We always come back here. This is a great value. It's not the Ritz, but it is clean, comfortable, and includes a great breakfast!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Waited for over an hour to get our food that we order at the restaurant on site. Waitress was very apologetic but they should have taken something off our total bill for the inconvenience.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My 2 little children and i were put in an adjoining room with strangers on the other side. They were extremely loud and had their TV blaring all night. I called the fro t desk twice to complain but nothing was done. Needless to say we got no sleep

Great breakfast buffet. Little "store", restaurant and bar on site

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location is far from downtown Pittsburgh and their is too much traffic to get in the hotel.

We liked the room because it was large and it had a big screen T.V. It had free breakfast in the morning which made it convenient. Excellent customer service and keep up the good work.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the bathtub was not very clean an the shower didn't work all that well. the water did not come out properly.

the hotel was spacious with free parking and wifi. breakfast was included in the stay, which was nice. staff was friendly and helpful.

Requested a handicapped accessible room but it did not have a walk-in shower nor a shower stool, which we had to request. We put the DO NOT DISTURB sign out on the morning we were to attend our nephew's funeral and took it off when we left at about 12:15. When we returned that evening around 7pm the room had not been made up. When we complained we were told that since the DO NOT DISTURB sign was out until noon the room would not be made up. There was no indication of this rule anywhere. Who has ever hear of such a thing!! When we complained the front desk clerk came and made the bed. We complained to the manager the next morning as we were checking out and she deducted $30 from our bill. Kudos to her, but we will never stay there again. Also the eggs were rubbery and far from fluffy.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was quite spacious.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Day Time Staff is Rude..I had 2 cancelled my room..however I wanted 2 extend my stay via my reservation the lady was trying 2push my card...then told me I would have 2b at the front desk b4 12 if I wanted 2stay...(the next day) WHY DIDNT SHE BRING TOWELS OR TRASH BAGS OR SHEETS..WHY WHEN MY RESERVATION 4 1DAY 1ROOM DID THEY TRY A PUSH 4 2DAYS 2ROOM an didnt want 2clean my room Im pissed off

The pool

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The air n the room was VERY dry, a humidifier would have helped.

Staff was very friendly. We loved that their was a sliding door to the parking lot from our room. This made it very easy to unload and load our car.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You need to turn the mattresses, head to foot frequently. They are smashed where people sit up in bed to watch tv. This makes your head lower than your feet when you lie down.

My only dislike was the fact that this is a green property and once the outside air temp hits 65 the air conditioning does not work. Being on a ground floor the option of leaving a patio door open is not possible. I like my room very cool to sleep.

The beginning of a nice quiet vacation to Pittsburgh and Ohio. We arrived very early in the morning and after getting breakfast in the city and renting a car drove out to the property to see if they had a room available for early check in and I mean early before 10:00 A.M. The young woman working the front desk could not have been any friendlier , and accomadating . She had us checked in to our room in less than 15 minutes. Just a great start to a visit to a city that I had only been in and out of on business before.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The services provided and attitude I got from housekeeping general manager didn't even offer me a discount or anything for my inconvenience

Front desk employees were friendly and nice

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was a little dated but nothing wrong with it.

The rooms were big. The pool was very nice. Breakfast was really good. Just a smack room for a lot of people

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unfriendly staff. She didn’t want to honor my reservation trough AAA. The beds were really noisy, that you were unable to sleep. Rooms are dark. The AC unit were really noisy. Printer out of papersono invoice. Even when she said she will email it later.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not well cleaned (I found pieces of pretzels on the floor) and the bathroom left much to be desired (old and stained).

The buffet breakfast was excellent with lots of choices. The bed was also comfortable and the staff were helpful, efficient and personable.

Nothing was near by. Asked for extra pillow said they didn't have. Front desk seemed to be disorganized and had a issue getting my room. Than I found someone's shirt on the chair in the room. Which creeped me out.

It was quiet. It was very comfortable. Bed was amazing

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They did not clean my room! The second day they did not clean the toilet. The last day they did not clean the toilet or make the bed. I have stayed here several times and not received such bad service.

Desk staff. Good Breakfast.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was clean, but hallways and public areas were not "clean to the corner." Some areas looked like they had never been vacuumed. Sidewalks were in need of repair in places. Litter in parking area

Best hotel breakfast ever! Wonderful pillows.

- large HD flat panel (55"?) in room with HD channels - size of room (king) was great - décor of hotel is fairly dated, doesn't bother me, if I wanted décor you'd pay 3 times more - value was very good - staff was very personable

Room smelled damp and the paint was coming off the wall in the bathroom. Screen door had a rip in it. Room just wasn't clean. Could turn the volume up on the tv. The bathroom was VERY small.

The bed was very comfortable and the front desk staff was friendly and hotel is close to a lot of attractions

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Property is dated and hot breakfast food was poor quality. Stick to instant oatmeal or cold cereal if you eat the "free" breakfast.

Room was clean and bed comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wished I had 2 Queen beds instead of doubles. Needed a fan in the bathroom.

Liked making the waffles, eggs were cooked just right. Pillows we comfortable. I liked the length of the towels.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Non smoking facility but the front desk stream and the hallways all smelled of smoke. Lots of people smoking right outside the doors - vet close to the entrances.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A lot of stairs with no elevator and we were on the 3rd floor.

Room was actually pretty big, free breakfast was very good, and the pool was huge! My group was very impressed!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were very small. The double beds were more like a large twin bed. Had to get a roll away and use an air mattress.

The breakfast buffet was decent and the pool was large.

All rooms require steps and as an elderly couple we had difficulty carrying our luggage to room. We scedeuled three more days later this week and we're promised a room with parking outside the outdoor entrance to the room. When we returned no such room was available. We had to find other accommodations which was difficult.

Large room and breakfast was great

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We actually stayed at the comfort Inn bc we were attending a wrestling tournament at Kennywood Park. It was very difficult getting to the park from the hotel. When making reservations it stated that the park was only 5.5 miles away, it actually took almost 30 minutes to drive to the park.

The breakfast was very nice. The pool area was absolutely wonderful and well taken care of. It was nice having the lounge on site as well.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The extra charge for a roll away bed when I booked for family of 5 and received 2 double beds

The entire staff was amazing! The waitress was amazing at the restaurant the cleaning ladies amazing. The pool guy amazing. The staff was just so family oriented and friendly! I will definitely be going back.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hallways were " musty-damp" The room and ac in room seemed old The bathroom was extremely small and no exhaust fan Nothing nearby . Had to get back on highway for anything else.

Free breakfast and indoor pool All of the staff Extremely friendly and nice!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The entire hotel was dirty. Room carpet, dirty spots. Bathroom:shower ceiling, dirty, metal on the back of the bathroom mirror, off. Hotel smelt like it had been emerged in water, musky-damp smell. Top cover on the bed. Cigarette burns down to the mattress cover. Mattress dirty, sheets stained. Air conditioner, dirty. The door to section 'A', would not open with your card key.

Bed sleep well

Room was not clean. No running fan in bathroom mildew all over the walls of shower and on ceiling. I had to clean the bathroom on my own so my baby could safely take a bath. Bathroom was fogged up even with a cold shower. They painted over black mold in the bathroom and you could still see it. I would not stay here again.

Staff was friendly and on site parking.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Complimentary breakfast was well stocked with many options to choose from. The beds were soft and comfortable. The location was convenient to downtown Pittsburgh. Most of all, the staff were all very friendly and helpful!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My room smelled like it was freshly painted. Parking is not near your room if you come and go late. Breakfast gets very crowded if you come late, like 9:00 late. (6-10)

Complementary breakfast is always nice. I had a very quiet end of the hotel. Excellent stay for the price. DirecTv.

The place was very comfortable, and the staff was very nice! I would recommend this hotel anytime. It is very clean, and quiet area in Penn Hills, love staying here.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The keycard didn't work in the outside entrance (A), so we had to either prop the door to get our things in from the car or walk all the way around from the front entry. There were lots of stairs, which was a bit tricky for my 2-yr-old to navigate while making trips to the car, restaurant, and pool.

Super convenient location right off 370 for a rest while passing through Pittsburgh. Probably not as nice if you're actually visiting the city. Beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was varied and filling. Everyone was very kind and patient with my 2 young children.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell of the hallways was a little outputting. They don't accept cash, which every other business in America does.

The breakfast was excellent, the staff was helpful.It was much nicer than I expected.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Needs upgrades.Hallway and room had a stale odor. No exhaust fan in the bathroom, things get steamy. A little run down, but it was inexpensive.

Friendly staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness of the rooms was terrible. We moved from the first room because it had not been vacuumed, sticky rings from soda or tea cups were on the desks and end tables, dried tea/coffee on the bathroom floor, lots of hairs in the tub and sink. We were brought to another room - it had not been vacuumed, sticky counters and desk tops. The bathroom remodel looked like it was done by a 12 year old. Gaps everywhere, caulk everywhere, 1 inch holes in the tub wall panels filled with caulk and painted, trim that didn't cover the mistakes, dim lighting, dirty tub mat with HOLES in it. Looked like a bathroom from the movie "Taxi Driver".

Comfortable bed. Clean linen and towels. Friendly staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was excellent and the pool and hot tub were so much fun for the kids. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. Will definitely stay again!

Ada accessible

Staff were wonderful for helping with traveler with a wheelchair. Hotel was not exactly designed for ada accessibile. Staff did everything possible to make our stay great.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

small bathroom, no microwave in the room, a damp smell in the room. my key card neede to be constantly refreshed.

the location was great to connect with family members in the area. close to shopping and eating places. quiet location and the hot tub.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room #2 was filthy and check out staff.

First room ac broke. Second room was filthy trash in cans sink filthy old soap on counter. Check out the lady at the desk refused to do anything because it was a prepaid visit. So not much to like. The pool was the highlight.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

We could here traffic noise in our room which was on the highway side of the building.

Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean. We enjoyed the variety at breakfast.

Motorcycles were revving their engines outside of my room at 1 am for an hour. Couldn't sleep due to the noise level. Lots of activities such as weddings and graduations going on. Hotel seemed isolated from main road.

Good value

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was not aware that this was pet friendly. Carpet needs replacing through the halls and my room. Too many stairs did not make this location handicap accessible. Was unable to use the hot tub because of the stairs.

Sliding door allowed me park outside my room which was convenient for unloading and loading my luggage from my vehicle. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

The pool house. Yes !!! An area where you can change and shower so you don't have to walk around in your wet clothes . Needs some tlc. Just cosmetic.

GREAT VALUE. They did not price gouge you when you went to buy snacks. Couldn't believe what we bought and paid for it. The staff was amazing very friendly very helpful., some of the best stuff I've seen in a long time. Love the pool you could actually do laps if you wanted to. When we go back to Pittsburgh we plan on staying there again. Love the fact that they had a restaurant right on site that way we didn't need to go out if we didn't want to. And the food was very reasonably priced but the most important part was it that tasted great! And the property was very quiet and very restful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel was very hard to find...Hotel was outdated...Hot tub was not clean and had stuff floating in it..I've stayed in much better hotels for the same price

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the fact this was a conference center so there was a lot of people coming and going all the time, if I would have thought of that fact when booking I would have not of, we also used the swimming pool while here and the water didn't feel clean, and I smelled like Clorox afterwards not the nice chlorine smell but Clorox.

The room was better than i anticipated, it was really clean, and the bed and linens were comfortable. I also liked that we had an interior room instead of a door on the outside of the building and the staff was really nice to.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No elevator, place was like a maze, service and food terrible at the restaurant, rooms were very dirty and bathroom super small, the whole place smelled bad, filthy windows and bathroom, needs updated badly, looks nothing like the pictures (which looked brand new) I could go on....

My kids liked the pool & breakfast was good. One of the ladies who worked there was very nice to us. An older woman with short, blonde hair.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room I was in was in a hall full of kids that ran up and down the hall til late.They bumped and hit the wall all night and I was up all night. I didn't know to call the front desk.At 7 a.m. they were knocking on my door and when I open the door no one was there.

The food was good and hot.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I don't like customer service at front desk. Her name is sebena. She is terrible customer service.

I like house keep. They did good job and clean room. And i like they service and very nice.

No microwaves in room. Wedding going on that night and drunk loud people up and down the hallways at 3 am. Didn't feel like it was worth $125 for 1 night

Front desk staff was friendly

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They charged my card a extra 150.00. the stay was 112.00 they hit my card for 262.00 for a one day stay. Im fighting it with my bank. I hate this place im done forever with this place . and I used to stay there twice a month at the least.

The breakfast is just okay, but not as good as shown in the brochures and website. Usage of plastic plates, cutlery and cardboard coffee cups might be efficient to save staff in the restaurant, but leaves a very poor quality image.

Very friendly and supporting staff. All questions answered and travelling support given.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Weekend breakfast staff were not friendly.

Judy was a ray of sunshine Monday morning at breakfast. Friendly and helpful. All the desk staff were friendly too duribg our feb 18-20 stay.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would stay again for the price and location. Staff was friendly and accommodating Visited from out of town and it was a good place to hang out with local family (at the pool)