Reviews of Congress Hall 4 stars

251 Beach Avenue, Cape May, NJ 08204, USA

#7 of 37 hotels in Cape May

9.7

Loved my stay! Will be back with the rest of my family!
    • Two Double Beds Annex View

Room Service! They screwed up. It happens. We are human after all . We had to fill out our card and hang it on our door for 1am pick up. When we got our breakfast, they forgot my husbands ice tea and his sausage.almost 8 bucks worth of food and drink.

The staff at the front desk were extra helpful .They helped me when the restaurant was closed and showed me where to get takeout. I’m a diabetic. The grounds are beautiful! The comfiest beds are to die for! The location can’t be beat! You are right on the beach, and right across the street from unique shops of Cape May. Everyone is happy at Congress Hall ! Nice!

Overall, we were happy stay there, nice location and beautiful place, except charge for microwave
    • Two Double Beds Annex View

There is no microwave in the room. We called front desk to ask if there a microwave a viable for guest, they told us it would be an extra charge for use microwave. Also, our room was just by the AC main machines, it was too loud.

Checked in May 17 unpleasant valet & noisy room& view. Lovely comfy bed convenient to town!
    • Queen Annex View

Paid $226 to listen to & see the ventilation system. Very noisy & This room should have been discounted and not even summer season & I feel taken advantage of!

Bed was super comfy

For the money, it was not worth it.
    • Queen Annex View

The room was located where you could hear everything that was going on downstairs, morning, noon and night. The floors were very uneven.

The location and services were good.

High end, clean, fun place. Wonderful with the exception of one rude bartender.
    • Queen Town View Room

One of the bar tenders really soured our last night there. We were sober (I feel like it's important to note that we were sober, and being very polite). I asked for a drink that I had ordered there the year prior (and was on the Blue Pig's menu that very day, I assumed it was just a Congress Hall drink) and he really gave us a hard time about it. It was really uncomfortable and took us by surprise. The other bartender then kindly informed us that the menus were separate for the Brown Room and Blue Pig, totally reasonable. That answer would have been just fine. I tried to cancel the order since it clearly offended the first bartender so much but he insisted on giving it to me, and begrudgingly made the cocktail. It was delicious. But my goodness, I felt like I had done something wrong. This souring interaction happened all because I ordered a drink that I had there before. If I had known how unnecessarily stressful it was going to be, I wouldn't have ordered it. I avoided that bartender the rest of the night. It's a shame that he acted this way. All the other staff are the opposite, super kind and polite, but he made me not want to go back because I don't want to run into him. It's a shame because my husband and I look forward to going every year for our anniversary, and now I don't think I'd want to stay there again. The experience just kind of tainted how I think about Congress Hall now and I'd rather stay somewhere that I don't have that memory.

I liked how we could head to the spa, the Blue Pig Tavern, the Brown Room, etc. all within the same spot. We love the lawn too. And the rooms were just so clean. Most of the staff was so incredibly welcoming and kind. So appreciated.

Very enjoyable. The location is close to stores and pubs.
    • King Town View Room

The entertainment on Wednesday was late setting up. We finally just gave up and went to our room.

Our maid was wonderful. I told her about my allergies to feathers and she not only removed the feathered pillows but also the comforter. She also brought in my bag which I left in the hallway. Our room was cleaned thoroughly and quickly each day of our stay.

Youo, so knew we could not go, so why ask
    • Queen Annex View

We think you are partially responsiblllelll lfor our not getting any resolution.

You could not do anything for us aflter I ended up in the hospital and Congress Hall said it is in your hands to help us, not them. Of course, we are terrlibly upset to lose that money when it was a very special time for us.

I’ll be back

Leaving

Nightly entertainment in Brown Room. Friendly demeanor of bartenders, wait personnel, gave way to a extended family feel amongst staff and patrons. World class atmosphere.

We really had a nice time and did recommend Congress Hall to our family and friends.
    • Queen Annex View

Room was on incline. We felt off balance getting dressed.We had to get use to that. Also, next time we would ask for a better view because out window faced compressors and we smelled food all the time. It was good, but still will request a better view next time. Never knew what the Genius perks were??

Our getaway for my wife's Birthday. Congress Hall is a remedy to a much needed getaway for both of us. We hope to get back again soon. Thank You so much.

Food was great, loved the "oldness" and history of...
    • King Town View Room

We chose a room above the Desk and close to the restaurant, a little noisy, but you cannot expect total quietness in a building that was built in the 1800's We still loved it!

Food was great, loved the "oldness" and history of the Hall.

Congress Hall was an wonder step back in time that you just...
    • Two Double Beds Town View

I wanted to book a vacation in the summer but truthfully it was more than double the price of off peak.

Congress Hall was an wonder step back in time that you just can't experience anywhere else. The room was extremely clean, comfortable and cozy. The beds were amazingly comfortable. My kids loved exploring the hallways and touching a piece of history. Being across the street from the beach was such a treat and the proximity to shops and restaurants is unbeatable. What can I say, I loved this place. Wish I could come back again soon!

Great visit for all.
    • Two Double Beds Annex View

I was disappointed that I was charged $25 per night for the crib. I would have brought my own, if I knew I was going to be charged.

I loved the activities that they had for our children.

Wonderful
    • Two Double Beds Town View

Our room was right above the bar. On Friday night music went to 1am and was very loud in the room.

Bed was very comfortable. Hotel is old but definitely not run down - very comfortable and steeped in tradition. Turndown service every night is a nice touch. Location is excellent.

The perfect March getaway.
    • Two Double Beds Annex View

The hotel is old, so this was not unexpected, but the heat in our room was a little loud when running.

The hotel is beautiful and rich with history. They had many activities for kids as it was spring break. For an off-season beach experience, we couldn't have asked (or gotten) more. Our room was huge and beds comfy. We ate in the Boiler Room (excellent) and the Blue Pig Tavern (pretty good).The live music was fun and a nice touch. We will definitely be back.

We will be back!
    • Queen Annex View

They go to great lengths to make sure the accommodations are very comfortable. Housekeeping checked in with us in the early evening to see if we needed anything which was also nice. Being that we visited in March when the weather was a little chilly, and Cape May is a walking town, it was really great that there was so much offered in the way of food and entertainment right on the property. The location is terrific as well...you are just steps away from all of the shops and many restaurants.

Even better than we expected.

Can't think of anything

Wonderful amenities, on site spa and eating options, and helpful, welcoming staff from valets and housekeeping to waitresses and front desk. Very comfortable beds and spacious rooms as well as lots of hangout spaces inside and out. Wonderful time!

UTMOST HAPPY PLACE.
    • King Town View Room

I have nothing negative to say. So there was nothing to not like.

The Location, decor, amenities, comfort and overall ambience is unmatched. If I could retire there, I would. I will stay no where else.

Cleanliness, comfort of beds and friendly staff are a plus.
    • Two Double Beds Town View

Although the hotel was excellent, the noise level from the patrons leaving the bar from 1000 to 2:00 a.m. in the morning could be heard while exiting the hotel and keeping us awake. The hotel does have signs posted in the morning for quiet time but they do not have these signs posted at night time when hotel guests are trying to sleep. Did not get a restful night of sleep.

Cleanliness, comfort of beds and friendly staff are a plus.

We had an amazing time!
    • King Town View Room

The only thing was a wish there was another shelf in bathroom for stuff :)

The bed was soo comfortable, fluffy pillows, very clean! Love, Love the atmosphere at Congress Hall, so cozy! The whole staff was excellent and friendly..

Excellent hotel....great location.
    • King Town View Room

Need to get use to the slant of the rooms. Original hotel built in the 1800's.

The hotel was very clean and maintained. Staff was very helpful and professional.

Get over yourselves. Terrible culture and no hospitality.
    • Two Double Beds Annex View

I was asked if I wanted a King or two Queens. I got a small room with one Queen. The actual room was almost the same size as the bathroom. I was told that the hotel was mostly empty, but when I asked for a room with a view, I was notified it would be $20 extra per night. I said no thanks. The door knob on the closet fell off when I opened it, old property I get it. But the TV was TERRIBLE!! Picture and reception were really bad. I've been to real resorts from S Florida to Vegas and all points in between. I understand the reason behind having crappy TV's, so your guest will go out on the property and spend money as opposed to sitting in the room watching TV all night. Congress Hall is not one of those properties. I was asked if I wanted a paper in the morning. I said sure, a Philly Inq. please. The next morning, I got a NY Times. The service in the Blue Pig was pitifully slow and it was mostly empty. Food was good. Calamari was amazing. The main doors facing the ocean were boarded up all day and night. Making it difficult to snake through a bar, with my hands full of personal items and a lap top every night coming back from the self parking. It was obvious they were not keen on the idea that I was not using valet. As a matter of fact, the Valet attendant watched me struggle carrying stuff out to my car and tried to look busy so he didn't have to open the door since he knew I wasn't a valet customer. One morning I asked the front desk if they had any Q Tips, the gentlemen started to escort me to the gift shop so I can pay for q tips myself. I said no thanks and left for the grocery store. Upon my checkout, the young lady was pleasant and efficient but never asked me how my stay was. She checked me out, gave me my receipt and off I went. I get the feeling the culture there is that they don't care how my stay was.

Shower and Bed were great.

We have stayed at Congress Hall many times.
    • King Town View Room

The room we stayed in this visit had a couple of issues that need attention. We were comfortable and had an enjoyable stay.

We have stayed at Congress Hall many times. We are always pleased with the accommodations. I am thankful for the complimentary coffee coupons we received. That did not happen in the past.

Please warn your customers about your annex, if I had known i would not have came
    • Two Double Beds Annex View

Noise level in the room was unbearable. Room is positioned next to all equipment Including kitchen exhaust. We knew exactly when they started to cook the bacon at 5:30 am. Not our idea of a pleasant getaway

Lovely room, beautiful hotel, Everything was very nice except for a couple of key Elements which I will explain in the next category

Great stay and will definitely return!
    • Queen Town View Room

My only criticism would be noise......our room overlooked service area and we were woken up by bags of glass bottles being dragged to the trash early Saturday and Sunday morning. I let front desk know upon checkout, and they said they would let the bar manager know. Rooms have heavy, automatic closing fire doors on the rooms......great in a fire, bad when other guests don't realize they need to be closed gently and continually let them slam. Maybe front desk could tell guests on check in about the doors?

Very clean and very comfortable! Great Beach Plum Farms toiletries provided. Staff and restaurants great- you never have to leave the building! Music in The Brown Room was fantastic!

We enjoyed it.
    • King Town View Room

The on line pictures did not do the place justice. It was much better than expected. The weather was cold and rainy. Not the hotel's fault.

Breakfast was wonderful.

Beautiful building, and fantastic view.
    • King Town View Room

Room was too small for the cot that we requested well in advance - very cramped for 2 adults and one small child.

Beautiful building, and fantastic view.

Very classy.
    • Queen Town View Room

View...rather be looking at the beach..wasn't an option offered. .map of the premises would have bee nice also. ...TV options could be improved

Very classy..

Breakfast at the blue pig was excellent.
    • Queen Town View Room

Dinner at the blue pig restaurant. Pasta dishes were weak. Next time I’ll order steak. Also, $4 for a 16 ounce bottle of water seems excessive. More of a joke than upset.

Breakfast at the blue pig was excellent. Great staff

Loud, loud, loud!
    • Queen Annex View

If you're looking for a peaceful place to stay, look elsewhere. The noise was endless. Loud music started in the early evening and continued to the wee hours of the morning. The maintenance staff vacuumed the halls after 9pm and were up yelling and banging by 4:30am. Guests' voices were audible through the doors and walls. I'm from NYC and can sleep through virtually anything, but this was unbearable. And this was in February!

Short, sweet and we will be back!
    • Two Double Beds Town View

The people above us walked, no ran, around their room like a herd of elephants. We heard every footstep.

This is a wonderful hotel. Comfortable bed and linens; ample towels; complimentary toiletries. The staff is friendly and attentive.

Congress Hall
    • Two Double Beds Annex View

Our room (227) was right beside the huge heating/air units - they were right out our windows. Ran all night (which you would expect because it was very cold) - they are very loud. I did not get a good night's sleep. I would definitely ask for a room away from these units, if I were to stay there again.

Hotel was beautiful and friendly employees. Had a nice pub and restaurant, not enough staff. Beds were comfy, bathroom was huge.

It was a nice needed weekend - lovely stay
    • Two Double Beds Town View

Disappointed that blue pig closed for renovations. TV not user friendly-needed a password to get movies. staff didnt know it. gift shop grossly overpriced. blinds broken-valance missing on the one and a few of the slats broken on the other. I had to hang a piece of paper on the blind to block the view from the outside.

bed very comfortable. tour very nice. Staff very helpful

Relaxing while enjoying the upbeat colors used to decorate the hotel. Classic blue and white, etc
    • King Town View Room

Had to leave, short stay this time around

Amazing old hotel. Great little history tour. The center of things going on in Cape May, especially in winter. They're doing a great job of keeping it classic while also keeping it up to date with new bedding and spotlessly clean.

Great stay. Wanted to have a drink in the bar. However, it was much too noisy.
    • Two Double Beds Town View

Thought the spa could have done a better job promoting its lotions and similar products.

Loved the room, though it would have been nice to have an ocean view.

We booked 2 rooms and requested them to be together.

We booked 2 rooms and requested them to be together. They we not together not even on the same floor. This was a present for my 80plus in laws and wanted them close to us. Hotel could not help us and did not offer us anything. Not very good customer service

If we ever consider returning, we will confirm that the Blue Pig is open.
    • Queen Town View Room

The Spa personnel were not helpful with use of the steam room and the massage therapist was rude. I stopped the massage because she made me very uncomfortable and it was impossible to relax. The major reason that we decided to stay at the Congress Hall was to dine at the Blue Pig. It was closed for the weekend. So, that was a major disappointment.

The bartender in the Brown room was friendly, competent and gracious. He made a great Manhattan.

Magical!
    • Two Double Beds Town View

Congress Hall was so much more than I expected. The Christmas decorations and market for the holidays was amazing and really got me and my boyfriend in the spirit. The cozy piano library bar was great on the cold night listening to music and having some drinks after a lobster dinner down the street. Perfect location to go shopping and walk around town. We can't wait to come back and see it in the summer and enjoy the beach! Thanks for making our holiday so special. :)

Not good
    • Queen Town View Room

The Resturant- The Blue Pig was terrible , I ordered the fried chicken when I cut into it , it was bloody , I had the waiter remove it from the table right away. I could not stay at the table just the thought of it made me sick. My husband had the pasta dish , he said that was not not very good either. They took the chicken off the bill, I thought they should of comped the whole meal , my husband did not even eat a third of his . We will never go back.

Very friendly.
    • Two Double Beds Annex View

None at all. Maybe self parking lot a little far away, but doesn’t matter

Very friendly. Due to blizzard at NJ, we have to stay one more night, that gives us blizzard discount, nice and useful

Go for Christmas- so beautiful.
    • Queen Annex View

Noisy at night, but it was a busy holiday weekend. Earplugs were provided 😉

Beautifully decorated for Christmas. Cozy spaces to sit with fireplaces warming the rooms.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

We had fun and enjoyed ourselves.
    • Queen Town View Room

Windows were drafty due to the age of the building.

Beds were comfortable. The lounge area was cozy. Beautifully decorated inside and out. A nice gym area.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The ambiance was perfect, decorated so beautifully for the...
    • King Room with Ocean View

The ambiance was perfect, decorated so beautifully for the holiday!! Staff was incredibly helpful and the history of the hotel was quite intriguing! Bed was comfy!!!! Loved the quaintness of the bathroom!!

It was a great time away, very pampered.
    • Queen Town View Room

Only problem was the DVD players they made available were both broken. But they offered a free pay per view movie if we wanted.

Sheets and pillows were wonderful. Fluffy. So nice.

My daughter and I never got back in the car until it was time to go home!!! Lovely hotel, lovely to
    • Two Double Beds Annex View

The paper goods, facial tissues and toilet tissues, left much to be desired!!! I dont understand why they stop with their luxury at that point!!!

The beds and pillows and linens were enveloping!!! There was a deep tub for bathing your aches away after spending all day shopping on Washington St!!! The breakfast(not included😞) at the Blue Pig Tavern(part of the hotel) was incredible!!! The staff were awesome and extremely accommodating...we were upgraded to an ocean view!!! All in all it was a super visit, will definitely go again!!!

Nostalgic ambiance. Great hotel.
    • King Room Ocean View with Balcony

We were delighted. Weather turned very windy and cold. Hotel was warm and cozy. Enjoyed sitting in lounge by the fireplace. Enjoyed soft live music. Dining staff excellent. I didn't like my chosen entree and it was quickly switched. New entree was delicious. Our room had lovely view of beach and was clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

We will definitely go again
    • Queen Annex View

The room was hot. We had our thermostat off but it was still really hot. No coffee in room and refrigerator was very small

We had an end room so we over the privacy. Loves that we never had to leave to go to a great restaurant.

Lovely place to spend a weekend with my daughter!!
    • King Room Ocean View with Balcony

Would have liked a coffee maker in the room. Aside from that? It was perfect!!

The old character of the building is still there and yet the upgrades make it clean and comfortable. The room was nicely decorated and we enjoyed the small porch with the ocean view.

Awesome, love Cape May and Congress Hall
    • Queen Town View Room

Would be nice to have coffee in the room instead of having to buy it in the coffee shop.

Always love staying there, so cozy, restaurants and bars right there, never have to leave the property!

Great location and style in historic iconic property
    • Two Double Beds Annex View

funky flooring slanted in bathroom made us a little dizzy! bellman/valet didn't put bags in our car! kind of blew our minds as he looked at them and walked away after we gave him a tip

comfy beds, classic, historic property.

This is the place to go for a pampered getaway in Cape May.
    • Queen Town View Room

A more comfortable reading chair in our room would have been nice.

Staff were gracious and helpful throughout our stay. Our pretty town-view queen room was on the small side, but the room was very clean and the bathroom was spacious. The lobby had lots of comfy sofas around a beautiful old fireplace. Location was ideal--just steps away from the beach on one side and shops and restaurants on the other.

It was a great place to stay.
    • Two Double Beds Annex View

It was rainy and windy when we arrived, so we didn't get to do much outside that day. We would have liked to spend some time on the beautiful porch.

The common areas were great for socializing with our friends.

Enjoyed our fun and relaxing Halloween Parade weekend at the Congress Hall!
    • Queen Annex View

All was very good, thank you.

We enjoyed the Blue Pig Tavern on the premises with its beautiful fireplace and roaring fire! Also, the Brown Room is wonderful for cozy evenings with drinks/snacks by the fire and listening to music performers. We also came on a weekend when the Cape May Halloween parade was coming through and we enjoyed this very much.

Always have a good time at the Congress Hall.
    • Queen Annex View

One time, not this one, our room was over the night club and it wasn't a nice time. Other than that it was real nice as always.

Great location, it was our Ann. 53 years and my wife birthday. Had a great time and Congress Hall is always our first choice to stay. Some times its full and we can't get a room. Blue Pig excellent and everything was great. Can't wait till we come down again. Thank you, Jim and Maria Burrows, Lawrenceville NJ.

For the price of the hotel, I would have liked a better room location
    • Two Double Beds Annex View

Room location was poor-huge air-conditioning unit outside our room that hummed all night; room was tilted, probably due to hotel age but difficult for we senior citizens to negotiate; door key not easy to turn so locking/unlocking door wasn’t easy

Location of hotel was great; clean room; comfortable bedding; plenty of amenities

We had a very good experience at the Congress Hall Hotel! Loved the hotel and all the amenities!
    • Queen Annex View

The view of the room...we booked last minute and we got a room with a view on the roof top of the kitchen.

I loved the hotel outside and inside! Very clean, very nicely decorated, good food and nice music.

Nice - but could have been better
    • Two Double Beds Annex View

Lou (jet engine loud) A/C unit outside window. Thought there was coffee and tea for guests in the lobby in the AM- when asked about we were told that we were not entitled to that - only some guests. talk about made to feel like 2nd class citizens! (No coffee pots or ability to heat water in rooms either)

Restaurant on premises - great food but a bit pricey

Quaint, clean, charming, hub of activity
    • Two Double Beds Annex View

It was October and our kids could still enjoy the heated pool and the beach! We went to the restaurant for dinner and breakfast- it was delicious. Walkable to everything, room was beautiful and bright even though it faced another part of the hotel. Clean, spacious, and charming.

Was wonderful
    • King Room Ocean View with Balcony

Needed maintenance to come to our room for the tv, the bathroom sink and the shower leaking onto the floor. All was fixed immediately. Car got a small dent in the valet parking lot but they are paying for repairs

The bed was awesome Nothing was too much to ask You feel pampered

Was the perfect location for a quick getaway with my fiancé.
    • King Room Ocean View with Balcony

It’s an old building so parts of the interior are outdated but to me that is expected and is what gives the hotel its character.

The bed was super comfy. The property was clean. The staff was super friendly. The restaurants and coffee shop on premise were a bonus.

Cape May is lovely any time, but especially so in September.
    • Queen Room with Ocean View

Room above me was quite noisy, all night--banging, heavy walking. I even heard a small dog barking which they attempted to keep quiet

Location by the sea. Outdoor spaces --large portico with rocking chairs, pool, lawn, adirondack chairs, umbrella and chair service at beach, drink service on portico and beach.

This stay was something I have wanted to do for a while and I'm glad we did.
    • King Room with Ocean View

The pools could have been larger.

The staff were more than accommodating. The food at The Blue Pig Tavern was excellent. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room and facility was extremely clean. Everything you wanted to do was in walking distance. The veranda was lined with wooden rockers and shaded where you could sit and rest or watch the activities on the lawn any time of the day or evening. I saw in some reviews there was noisy guests at night, but our stay was quiet and we had sound sleep. It was also a pleasure to wake up to the ocean view every morning. But most of all the history of Congress Hall was exciting. As we walked down the corridor to our room, my husband said he felt like we were on the Titanic. It was a luxurious experience.

Service at front desk.
    • King Room with Ocean View

Service at front desk. Curt when we asked about the barbecue on Tuesday. Told it was sold out. Upsetting to latter find out that non guest purchased tickets before us. It would have been nice if the hotel would make exception for guest to have first choice when booking the room, rather then to find out the hotel does not give preference to guest!

Great family friendly hotel by the beach!
    • King Town View Room

The hotels restaurants didn't have very many vegan options for my family, which would have been nice if we didn't want to leave the property.

The propert was gorgeous, visually satisfying! We stayed on Monday night and there was a carnival on the lawn, it was so much fun for my 2 year old! Perfect location, we enjoyed walking around the area and visiting the restaurants and shops!

Excellent experience
    • King Room with Ocean View

The pool closed at 6pm and there was a $6 per person charge for the beach (not a hotel charge, a Cape May charge).

Very comfortable room and terrific facilities. Perfect location.

honestly...
    • King Room with Ocean View

room smaller then expected. windows very dirty from the ocean, so we couldn't really see anything (had the room with a view). bathroom sink had chips in it. bathroom door had chipping and peeling paint at the bottom, where our toddler could reach. Very dangerous considering how old the hotel is, I am pretty sure there is lead based paint at the bottom of the door. There is a giant gap on the handrail. looked like the last banister was missing, on the landing of the first floor, I would watch my kid if I were you. The front desk staff was unfriendly. They did not even look at my face when we were checking in. Overpriced for what it is. Only good cause it is historical so it has a good medium. Which is about the building not the service. Oh and we needed to pass through 5 service carts to get to the elevator when we were leaving. a huge service cart with nasty dirty towels on them, two room service trays on the hall way. another service cart with house keeping material on them, some already read newspaper on the floor in the hallway. It was definately an experience to get to the elevator with a toddler and a stroller...

nice valet staff. clean sheets and towels, fair food at the blue pig tavern, cute coffee shop but there is a better one at 2 min. walk. We loved the historical building. A good experience if you are interested in historical buildings and architecture. No need to stay there for that though. You can always go visit the building.

The view was beautiful and relaxing.
    • Queen Town View Room

The view was beautiful and relaxing. The room was comfortable and enjoyable- all necessities were provided for. Classic and romantic location full of old time charm and modern luxury.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Lovely Historic Property Fabulously Located in Charming Cape May
    • Queen Room with Ocean View

The Starbucks-like coffee shop food was not good. I heard not-so-nice things about the Blue Pig Tavern restaurant on the premises but it looked lovely.

This is a gorgeous historic property in beautiful Cape May, NJ. Fabulously located. I would love to stay there again. This was a girls' trip to see Cape May as none of us had ever been there before. While there are dozens of historic B&B's and smaller hotels, we chose this one because of its pretty much ocean front location. The staff were very courteous and the rooms very nice. We enjoyed night caps in the Brown Room Bar, a happening place. The hotel oozes 19th-early -20th-century charm and elegance.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Beautiful but little peace.
    • Queen Room with Ocean View

When we arrived in the afternoon there was a rock band practicing for two hours - they were very loud and we couldn't enjoy sitting in our room or on the grounds. In the middle of the night a party of young people were carrying on below our room. When I called down to ask them to be quiet, they told me off. Then I called the desk and they were silenced. The next day we sat by the pool and they were putting flags on the balconies and using a machine that beeped constantly for over 4 hours, ruing the peace of the pool. Someone finally complained and they found another way to erect the flags (like going into the rooms and using the balcony)

Love the ambiance, Brown Room, Blue Pig and the furnishings of room and the fab shower!!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Congress Hall is where you want to be.
    • Two Double Beds Annex View

We loved the Blue Pig. We wanted to eat in the Boiler Room, but it is only open Thursday through Sunday.

The front desk was a hot mess. They told us it would be 10 minutes for our room. We came back in 20. We waited on line again. We were told that it would be 3 min and they would call us. They did call us to tell us that our room was ready. However, the problem was after standing on line again...and the young lady asking us our name- again, the room was not ready! In comes Jenny. She is Ass. Manager. She APOLOGIZED, something the girls at the desk would not do. Jenny gave us a comp, made us feel WELCOME and walked us up to our room to make sure it was perfect. It was. Jenny is the reason we could give this hotel the highest rating. She is a keeper!

History and Quality Combined
    • Queen Annex View

The only knock I have against Congress Hall is the price. We got a great deal to stay there on Thursday night at 1/2 the cost. But at over 300$ to stay on Friday/Saturday night we had to find somewhere else. I'd highly recommend going down on off days or even before peak season (we went in mid-may).

Excellent property with an amazing lawn area to roam. Especially fantastic in the evenings with a great bar in the hotel and even a bar downstairs (The Boiler Room) that had live music on Friday night. We came here for drinks on Friday night even though we stayed somewhere else because of the atmosphere. And the room of course was incredible.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Very well maintained large hotel with historic character...
    • Queen Annex View

Our room was on an interior air shaft with air handlers running constantly. White noise basically, with cooking smells noticeable. Outer rooms cost much more.

Very well maintained large hotel with historic character everywhere.

Room was clean.
    • King Town View Room

No counter or shelf or table or anything to set your makeup on in the bathroom. Not possible to share the 3" shelf above the sink with another person. No coffee in the room or complementary coffee in the lobby for early risers. Had to wait until 630 and pay three dollars for a cup of coffee in the coffee shop. No mirror in the bedroom to check yourself before you go out. Would have been nice to have a little table and chair in the bedroom

Room was clean. Bed comfortable. Nice to provide robes.

The only place to stay in Cape May!

Absolutely nothing

Location location location. Set in the center of great dining, shopping, beach, and activities. The Blue Pig and the Ebbitt Room were awesome too! I will be back!

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Congresshall is a must at Capemay
    • Queen Annex View

nothing I would change except planning arrival time better. Check in time is late

I really liked the convenience of not having to drive while I was there and a lot of shops and restaurants to choose from.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Pre-Summer Holiday
    • Queen Room with Ocean View

I wish I had booked a king size bed instead of a queen. I will when we go back in the Fall.

Breakfast was excellent and the quality was all farm to table fresh! Fresh salmon was great on portion and taste. Staff was very attentive and friendly. It is a full service resort, loved the valet parking. Nice events are scheduled such as the wine tasting in the banquet room. We loved long walks through surrounding streets admiring the Victorian homes.

Browse Congress Hall traveller photo gallery