Reviews of Conrad Indianapolis 5 stars

50 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA

#3 of 138 hotels in Indianapolis

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Had a great time but did not get what I paid for. ( breakfast)

Not that I didn’t like it but several of the little lights on floor 14 down the hallway were out on the walls. No big deal, just stood out to me. Simple fix. My only serious complaint is when I booked this through Booking.com I booked with breakfast including and i didn’t receive it. I was offered a free continental breakfast but that’s not what I booked nor what I wanted for 244.00 dollars.

The shower was great. I loved the bed and was able to get my room temperature how I like it. Nice and cool.

Staff was very good well trained.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

So far they have charged to my credit card 619.00, my bill was 338.00. Giving me the run around keeps saying as soon as I check out it will clear up. Checked out yesterday and this morning 13.09 was charged to my card.

Staff was very good well trained.

My pillow cases were dirty on my bed with makeup.

My pillow cases were dirty on my bed with makeup. The desk in my room had not been cleaned. The shower door was not cleaned. This is sad, because the property could be absolutely perfect. Cleanliness is of the utmost importance to a business traveler.

Pool, steam room, sauna, art & decor, comfort, and...

There was nothing to dislike!

Pool, steam room, sauna, art & decor, comfort, and security. On top of which the staff was amazing! So kind and helpful.

Staff was incredibly attentive and courteous.

No complaints really.

Staff was incredibly attentive and courteous. Room was clean, comfortable with an incredible shower. Great access to my event in the convention center.

Mostly a nice experience.
    • Superior King Room

Not being able to go to our truck when something was left there more than once. I don't think it appropriate for others to fetch/search out of your vehicle.

Most staff VERY helpful and nice. :)

Beautiful hotel and outstanding staff.
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

There’s nothing I didn’t like. It was all fantastic.

Beautiful hotel and outstanding staff. Restaurant was excellent. I felt very well looked after. Location was perfect.

Beautiful and so clean, awesome location!
    • Deluxe King Room - Hearing Accessible

It was beautiful even better than the pictures! The staff was incredible, we really likes Zak and his amazing customer service! It was the best weekend all because of the Conrad!

The Conrad is a welcome refuge from a dirty city.

Downtown Indy has deteriorated a lot since we have been coming for business. It's dirty with a serious vagrant issue.

We always stay at the Conrad when we have business in Indy. We have never been disappointed. We like having the Capital Grill attached to the property.

You have a great hotel and a great staff - congratulations!
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

Nnothing - everything met or exceeded my expectations/

The best part of the stay was the front desk welcome from your front desk assistant director - Adam Cohen. I am in hospitality sales and marketing and have traveled extensively for many years. He may be one of the best at customer service and setting a welcome standard I have ever experienced. He was professional, friendly, knowledgeable and genuine. Reinforcing the importance of the first impression! He made a great one!

The Conrad is conveniently located, the room was clean, the...

The Conrad is conveniently located, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The lobby is beautiful and the attached Capital Grill was great.

Indianapolis is awesome!

Awesome location, right in the middle of all the city action. Connected to city centre mall by a beautiful glass catwalk. Amazing restaurants and bars and with walking distance, your right in the center of the city

The location and clean comfortable facility

The hotel is very clean and well kept.

The only complaint I have is that there is no self parking option, only valet. It’s $47 a night, plus tips of course... I guess we could have parked in a parking garage a block or two away, but who wants to drag there luggage thru downtown!

The hotel is very clean and well kept. The entire staff is super friendly which is hard to find anywhere these days! We were greeted with a smile from EVERYONE!

I didn't stay longer

I like to say thank you for the birthday cake that they provided me with. The hotel did an exceptional and amazing job making my birthday awesome !love them!!😙😙

My stay was very relaxing and peaceful. I can't wait to come stay with you all at the Conrad again!!

the only thing is that you pay $300-$500 for a night and still have to pay for beverages in the room i think if you are spending that much for a room and parking your should at least get to enjoy a relaxing drink without having to pay for it

how beautiful everything was so put together staff was amazing can't wait to come back

All service was excellent including the staff!!😙😙

That I didn't stay longer !😢😢😢

They gave me the best birthday weekend I ever had in a hotel even tho I was working ....they Conrad at Miami(downtown) had bed bugs and my friend and I got bit up pretty bad and they wouldn't give me my money back for the stat and I used the spa and brought breakfast there I felt totally violated and will never stay again but Conrad Indy and Chicago are exceptional and I still would appreciate a refund from Miami I would of never used the spa or spent money on breakfast had I know about bed bugs I spent 2k just in medical for the 4 of us that for bit up!😢😢😢😢 Thank Conrad Indy for an except clean stay! A very Happy Birthday!😚😙😚😙

Our room wasn't ready during check in which made getting...
    • Superior King Room

Our room wasn't ready during check in which made getting ready and to our dinner reservations very hurried. Otherwise it was great. We were offered a card to Tastings and comp. breakfast the next morning, which was very nice.

Staff was great but rooms were underwhelming for the price.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Disability Access

Room was small along with beds. Rollaway bed had springs almost coming through. Overall was disappointed in room quality for the cost.

Location was great. Everything was clean.

Is was my 10th anniversary with my wife
    • Deluxe King Room - Hearing Accessible

Although the Conrad was awesome, from the room, spa, Capital Grille, I’ll most likely never stay there again. To spend one $800 for one night is just too steep for me. But, it is a nice place, just too expensive for me.

The bed was super comfy!

We had drain problems 2 days in the bath tub! I paid for valet parking for three nights and I noticed when I came back on Christmas my car had been outside all night in front of the hotel!- why did I pay for valet if it was basically parked on the road!!

The bed was super comfy!

Perfection! You won't be disappointed. Valet is the only way to go but it does add $50 a night.

Facilities could use a slight update. Interiors are starting to age. Feels like a rich grandma's house, but from the 90's.

Breakfast was delicious from the Capital Grille! I never realized they served it and, it is cheaper than room-service and what I frankly expected from a 4 star + restaurant. Excellent for business meetings and comfort while traveling. I am a Conrad lover for life!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

DEEPLY APPRECIATE HELPING US CELEBRATE MY WIFE'S BIRTHDAY. THANK YOU
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

WOULD APPRECIATE A GUEST CHAIR. THE ONLY CHAIR WAS THE DESK CHAIR.

COURTESY - PROXIMITY - VALUE - ROBES/SLIPPERS - COFFEE - LIGHTING - BEDS - RADIO/TV - WI-FI - TEMP - DINING - NEATNESS/WELL KEPT - PROFESSIONAL - QUIET . . .

Perfectly located in downtown Indy.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There is nothing to not like about this wonderful hotel.

Superb customer service, great location, comfortable bed, and exceptionally clean room and facilities.

Beautiful property but it is aging in some places!

My room's furnishings seemed a bit warn and dirty. The maid had left a cleaning cloth in my room. Bathroom had an obvious hot water leak issue.

Customer service, property beauty, fitness/spa/swimming facilities and the valet staff make this a 5 star night stay.

We stayed in one of the most expensive rooms and it was not...
    • One-Bedroom Corner Suite

We stayed in one of the most expensive rooms and it was not clean/we’ll taken care of. Website represented much higher end property. I paid top cost for Indianapolis and the room was standard at best.

Lamar at the Front Desk and Mike with Security went above...

Lamar at the Front Desk and Mike with Security went above and beyond to make our family trip really enjoyable at the Conrad. Don’t miss out on breakfast there either.

Excellent hotel with luxury accommodations!
    • Deluxe King Room - Hearing Accessible

The accommodation was excellent. Staff were very professional and helpful and the rooms were well appointed and very clean. Top shelf facility!!

Ok, not great.

Shower leaked, carpet was wet around the bathroom entrance, room was rather small&cramped for a "Deluxe King." A few items left in night stand drawer were unexpected, provocative&intriguing, but not to our tastes. We weren't put off as much as amused.

The staff is always friendly and helpful.

Everything was great with our stay had a wonderful time
    • Superior King Room

Amy at the front desk needs a raise. Maybe that will help her become less miserable. Smile a little bit and maybe be a little more nice to the guest

Everything was as expected

There was an air freshener running when I entered the room.

There was an air freshener running when I entered the room. It was obvious the room smelled like smoke. For the price and a supposed smoke free environment that was disappointing.

Everything and everyone of the staff from the valets to the...
    • One-Bedroom Corner Suite

Everything but the bed was wonderful! The bed was so bad that my 16 year old daughter wanted to sleep on the couch. Because the staff and rest of the facilities were so wonderful is why I would recommend the hotel!

Everything and everyone of the staff from the valets to the chambermaids were wonderful. The concierge and the receptionists were top notch!!

Not worth the money

Horrible view. View was the rooftop ac unit of the building next to us, that was really crappy looking with trash on the rooftop. I asked for an upper level room for the view of the city but didn't receive it. I wouldn't stay here again. The sink had a huge crack in the vanity top, shower leaked, just was simply unimpressed for $314.00 total. Plus the valet parking for one night was 47.00!!! Taxes additional 38.00. Not good value in my opinion. Very disappointed

Great bed, friendly staff

Do yourself a favor and BOOK THIS PLACE!

WE LOVED EVERYTHING!

Words cannot describe how beautiful this property really is. Phenomenal amenities, great location, beautifully appointed, clean room, and I don't have enough positive superlatives to describe their wonderful staff! Highly recommend!

Short but sweet...our 1st weekend getaway in 15 years!

We sleep on TempurPedic beds&pillows at home so the bed and pillows were way too soft, but for a hotel bed, it was pretty good. I'd have worked out, but the pool didn't open early enough. Actually, we found very little that we didn't like, and nothing really rose to a level of dislike that is worthy of commentary.

Respect for our privacy, ease of access to all services and facilities, location. Service staff was well informed, helpful, and very accomodating when the need arose. The finishes of the room were well above average and the shower fixtures gave us ideas for our home. Surprisingly quiet and provided a nice place to relax and restore oneself. Far better than other properties that I've stayed at in Indy; whether for business or pleasure. In addition, we witnessed hotel security dealing with a homeless individual while waiting for our vehicle; the concern, graciousness, and courtesy that he displayed toward a truly downtrodden and needy individual was laudable and should serve as an example for the rest of us when it comes to dealing with those who are less fortunate. Definitely, made a favorable impression on us, since where we come from isn't as eveloved when it comes to the "homeless" and their treatment. Definitely, reflected well upon the security guard and Conrad's approach to an increasing and difficult problem.

Great stay

Parking was an issue. There were cars backed up onto the road when we arrived so we ended up parking down the road in a public parking garage.

Very comfortable bed, large spacious bathroom, very clean hotel

50/50 i expected so much more for the money spent
    • Superior King Room

It seems like the more u pay the less you get. When I pay $1600 for a room I would expect a suite to be much bigger and breakfast would be free. I just don't believe I got what I paid for.

It was super clean and the staff was very nice and professional

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The best.

If I had to make a complaint. I didn't stay long enough.

The staff is amazing! They are very helpful and patient. They do everything with a smile. The best I can describe the room is...soft and quiet. I will be returning. It was lovely.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Our robes had holes in the them and the bathroom floor was...

Our robes had holes in the them and the bathroom floor was not swept. Also, we had breakfast at the grill downstairs and there was a crawling bug in my food. Although our meal was free and our servers and the manager were very cordial, I was very disappointed about the bug. Customer service, however was outstanding!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Nice place to stay but for the money you can get an equally nice room somewhere else downtown
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

The hotel was freezing and it took about an hour and a half to get our room to a comfortable temperature. It was very cold outside and to walk into a cold hotel was not very appealing.

Everyone was very, very friendly (especially housekeeping) and the room was nice.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

If you have a question , don't ask the young guy parking your car!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Asked the valet where the Murat Threatre was located to determine if we needed our car to drive to the venue . He said it was only a block away and we could definitely walk there. Needless to say, we had to ,frantically , hale a taxi and we're almost late for the performance. Not happy at all !

Everything was amazing!

I just found out that the spa is always booked so, I'll have to plan ahead next time but, there wasn't anything that I did not like.

Everything was amazing!

Fantastic hotel!
    • One-Bedroom Corner Suite

When I got in my room the tv and surround sound were not working, but was fixed very quickly. The reason for my low marks was that the tub did not work. The reason I booked this particular room was for the soaking tub, which I was not able to use. They did fix it, but not until right before I checked out. If not for that issue I would give a perfect 10 rating. Again, this place is amazing!

This place is absolutely amazing! Samuel is a delight! I will ONLY stay at the Conrad when I visit Indianapolis.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Very good and comfortable stay, the staff made me feel like A v.i

Didn't care for the cost of the patking. For the price there should have been A jetted tub in the room

Love the location of the hotel. The bed was very comfortable just like home. The staff was super friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Beautiful hotel with excellent service

We thought we booked two queen size beds but I attribute this to the third party website we booked through and not the Conrad

Staff very professional and helpful

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Conrad great - booking.com, not so much

Booking.com dropped the ball and I arrived without a confirmed reservation. The staff arranged for me to stay in a pull out couch with rollaway in an extra room.

Great location. Nice hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

+ Very comfortable bed.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

- Pricy - Breakfast is not included and is expensive.

+ Very comfortable bed. + Clean, well kept + Great Staff + Good Wifi, even the complimentary one. + Excellent comfort in general. + Excellent location.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Location was convenient
    • Superior King Room

Staff performance below average - failed to book a taxi. Room not made up until after 2.00 p.m. Breakfast service awful. Expensive for fairly basic rooms.

Location was convenient

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Always stay at the Conrad in Indy.

Can't think of anything.

It is comfortable and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Would return and recommend your hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had an urgent Tax Issue and your staff at the front desk went beyond what would be expected to help me resolve my delimma...

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

great

costs

everything but costs

The staff is fantastic!
    • Superior King Room

The staff is fantastic! The facilities are wonderful! Above & beyond!!

Staff and room was great.

Staff and room was great. The staff actually knew about the art and artist that was in the lobby and main hallways.

ok

The hotel price too high for a free bottle of water.

the bed

Very helpful people from top to bottom

Loved that bed!!!

Parking fee was excessive.

Parking fee was excessive. Parked ourselves in a lot across the street for less than 1/2 the Conrad rate

Very relaxing and restful.
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

Staff was very friendly. Facilities were beautiful and the room was very nice.

Nice

Price to valet park, price for standard food.

Location, amenity, quality.

wonderful
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

very clean comfortable room and excellent staff.

We will be back!

Attention to detail very friendly nice rooms

Beautiful hotel amazing staff! Resturaunts attached were amazing!

The stay was good over all.
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

The bed was not comfortable at all.

The staff was very friendly. The pool was nice.

Just ok. Won't visit again!

Had to wait 3 hours for our room to be ready. View was horrible.

Would go back and stay again.

Evening room service food was cold.

The friendly staff

No fridge without paying for mini bar.
    • Deluxe King Room - Hearing Accessible

No fridge without paying for mini bar.

Pool was shut down until they say we were leaving and then...

Pool was shut down until they say we were leaving and then jets didn’t work on hotub

This is a fabulous hotel!

The $47 to park the car

The bed and it’s pillows

Had a wonderful stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

bath tub had hair in it so too showers

It was so beautiful and clean.
    • Superior King Room

It was so beautiful and clean.

We were impressed and enjoyed our stay.

No ice available on our floor

Beautiful facility and very pleasant staff.

very good but not sort of sepecial
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

Carpets in the room seem to be older. shower head was losse.

Loved it!!
    • Superior King Room

Bed was great; room size was perfect.

Property was beautiful, staff friendly great location.
    • Superior King Room

Property was beautiful, staff friendly great location.

Beautiful spacious rooms, wonderful staff