Reviews of Red Roof Inn & Suites Houston – Humble/IAH Airport 2 stars

#27 of 32 hotels in Humble

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Stinky Stay

Poor quality room. I will not return...... 😒😒

They need sn upgrade. The air conditioner is Horrible! It smells Horrible.Unusual stains on couch, and bed was over used. This place needs an upgrade.

I have delays in my way to get ho.

no breakfast no internet

I have delays in my way to get ho.e from colombia south America to columbus ohio..so I was thinking on have a good break but the only good thing in that note was the driver the rest no breakfas...bad internet

One night layover
    • Superior King Room

-I had a room groundfloor, cars parked in front of my door, request a room on the 1st floor

-Close to Deerbrook mall, walking distance -Free shuttle from/to airport, please be aware that you have to reserve in advance -Spacious room

Ok if you have no other choice

Cleaness (cernes in the toilet, spots on the wall, dirty on toilet floor) Shower didn't work green water in the pool poor breakfast (just bread, butter, jam, cereal, oat, milk, muffin and coffee, no fruit, no yogurt, no orange juice )

bed confort! New decoration

The breakfast was ultimately only honey bun or cerel.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The first room we were in was great, everything worked and was good. We decided to stay for 10 days, we paid daily. After 3 days they realized we we're getting our room at the rate quoted to us on booking.com and moved us to a room that the bed had permanent indintions in both sides. The sheets and mattress cover we're not clean, and the bed spread had cigarette burns in it. The door also had no lock up top for security, therefore we were walking in on by the owner/workers 5 different times. Also their swimming pool is old, dirty and very small. They should not allow that older Indian woman access to guest rooms, she used a master key to enter our room very early one morning and the other young man walked in on us a few times as well as a Hispanic man and his helper who were there to clean carpets. They had no regard for our privacy.

The breakfast was ultimately only honey bun or cerel. There was no fruit, no yogurt, there was bread and a toaster but there was no jelly or butter. It was this way for 10 consecutive days.

Started my day hungry and thirsty
    • King Room - Disability Access

Breakfast, and amenities are not what they claim to have available.

Not much of a breakfast, and the on site business computer and printer didn't work. They also have a soda vending machine on both floors. Both of these machines as well as a snack machine are in operstable. To ey each took my money and didn't dispense anything at all. When I went to the office to request a refund I was told to bad not thieir responsibility. At that point I suggested they put a OUT OF ORDER SIGN ON THE MACHINES, I was then told that was also not gonna happen. 2 days after my experience with the thieiving machines a gentleman was in the office complain about the machines taking his money. He has lost 2$ (I lost 4$) he was basically told the same thing I was told. I was extremely disappointed, The swimming pool is old and dirty, and when asked to open it they reluctantly do but it's dirty. Although the rooms are clean and staff is pretty friendly the fact that the vending machines are still plugged in and can take in money with no out of order sign infuriates me. They also charge enough for their rooms hat they can do better than a honey bun, plain bread, and frosted flakes for breakfast. The also can take on an average of $10 a day that is being stolen from guests and put towards repairing or replacing vending machines. If they don't want to repair or replace then get rid of them. Stop ripping off the customers that pay good money for these services and get honest business practices. You will find your customers will come back to stay time and time again.although the purice was affordable and overall a good stay, I will not return to a facility that is ripping me off and then rubs it in my face, by stating basically NOT THEIR PROBLEM THE MACHINE IS EMPTY, BROKEN OR NOT GIVING YOU MONEY OR PRODUCTS. DEAL WITH IT They literally made me feel like a dumb ass for putting my money in the maschine thinking I was thirsty.

Check-in and check out is prompt and efficiently.
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast, barely anything is prepare for breakfast. Only coffee and tea are available

Check-in and check out is prompt and efficiently. Staff is polite.

I'd like to start by saying I would stay at this hotel...
    • Superior King Room

I'd like to start by saying I would stay at this hotel again. The saying holds true here, that you get what you pay for. Where the smoke detector should've been was exposed wires. The microwave nor mini fridge worked. A big picture had broken glass and was still hanging up. The chair at desk had rips in it. Did see and kill 2 roaches in the bathroom. In all fairness when I advised staff of microwave and fridge, they offered to replace it but I refused. Requested the free airport shuttle the night before around 6pm for 5 am next morning,was confirmed. Got up to check out and grab the shuttle and the opening employee (1) said he had no idea bit was very accommodating none the less. The very best thing about this hotel is it's location in Humble. If on a budget, but would like to travel, I highly recommend this Red Roof Inn & Suites.

Decent quality, great location
    • Superior King Room

The bed seemed to be a bit moist/ wet. Breakfast was minimal (cereal, oatmeal, bread, orange juice) but still ok.

The location was great, a 5-10 minute walk from the Deerbrook Mall. This is a perfect hotel for when you have a long layover at Houston Airport.

Never staying here again
    • Superior King Room

Mattress had big intention, super uncomfortable, hole in the wall, and house keeping kept entering my room while I was in there.

It had a roof, lights and water

I was re routed to this motel because the the other red roof had overbooked

I could have got what I asked for in the booking

The breakfast was waffles no meat. My room card had to be re program every day. Toilet came out of an elementary school. Very small. I asked for first floor handicapped got 3rd floor regular the noise at night outside and in the halls made very hard to sleep. People were loud fighting laughing at 3 in the morning. My last stay there

Nothing fancy, but cheap and near airport
    • Superior King Room

I mean, it was cheap. It's noisy because it's close to the freeway, and there were some cigarette burns on the bedding.

Close to airport and allowed me to stay with my cat

The shuttle was slow to arrive after I called for pick up. It was unavailable for return to airport
    • Superior King Room

The room was a smoking room and you could smell it but they would say it was not. The reception people were behind a glass window very impersonable and made me feel like this was a unsafe area bed duvet had crusty stains on it. More than one.

The room was big. The price not to expensive

Good value for the money, but make sure the shuttle is running when you need it.
    • Superior King Room

The advertised free shuttle didn't run at night, which wasn't clear from their website. (To his credit, the manager called a taxi service and covered the trip to IAH, but coming back was on us.) Noisy kids were allowed to play t/o the parking lot and common areas until at least 10PM. We stepped in dog doo near the swimming pool. Breakfast was minimal.

The room exceeded our expectations for cleanliness, and our request for a nonsmoking room as far from smoking areas as possible was honored. We had along a small dog but weren't relegated to a "pet room" that previous guests' animals had soiled.

Over all I enjoyed my stay.
    • Superior King Room

I was driving a rig. I didn't realize that the parking couldn't accommodate me. Booked online so I didn't know about the parking. I parked at a nearby shopping center.

I wasn't informed breakfast ended so early. I went down at 9:30. It was over at 9. Manager was nice and made some fresh coffee.

A good hotel if your priority is being close to a mall.
    • King Room - Disability Access

When our flight arrived we called for our shuttle pickup. We called dozens of times. There was no answer for over an hour. We also called booking.com and they got the same response. Finally the phone was answered. The hotel looks shabby. I think the desk clerk did everything from checking in guests to driving the shuttle and whatever is needed. We never saw any other employee. The breakfast was a miserable excuse for a meal.

We chose this hotel because it had a shuttle to the airport and was close to the mall and some very nice restaurants. It met these needs. The one-man show took us to the airport as scheduled.

Good receptionist but rooms were embarrassing

Floors leading to rooms were dirty. Rooms had no lotion. Towels were not neatly organized. Bed sheets and comforters had stains on them.

The female staff on the evening of 29th her name I believe was Shay did a fabulous job in getting us comfortable by providing extra needed towels and so forth. She was very professional and has great customer service. Keep up the good work Shay.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

All in all
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room wasn't as clean as it could have been. The stirring stick for the coffee was covered in dust.

The staff was very helpful and attentive to our accomidations

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Close to international airport, walking distance to find food.
    • Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Miscommunication between management and staff not following up with booking.Com. our booking was not found therefore there was no airport pickup as prearranged, neither was there an extra bed as previously asked. Would have preferred email replies to confirm my queries re: prearranged pickup

In spite of major miscommunication, they got an airport pickup to us within 15 minutes of phoning them and we're able to track down our booking once we arrived.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Quite adequate for overnight stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The towels were small and there were no face cloths. The water to the toilet was shut off so we had to turn it on and off when using. We told the front desk when we checked out so hopefully it will be repaired for the next guest.

The room was spacious and appeared to be newly painted and new carpet. The facility was very clean. We appreciated the airport shuttle & the continental breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

the only good selection served was the pre packaged honey...
    • Superior King Room

the only good selection served was the pre packaged honey buns from the corner store

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

The price is affordable.
    • Superior King Room

TV wasn't user friendly and staff seem irritated when asking for assistance on anything pertaining to the room.

The price is affordable.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Nice staff, convenient to airport inclusive shuttle.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Nice staff, convenient to airport inclusive shuttle.

Overall I'm happy with my stay and the staff was helpful and friendly, try to get iron and microwave
    • Superior King Room

You guys don't have irons and the microwaves don't work

I like majority of everything

No breakfast just juice and cereal
    • Double Room - Disability Access

The water didn’t get too hot

No breakfast just juice and cereal

Services, friendly staff

Services, friendly staff

Very quite

Very quite

It was clean and remodeled

Business center was down

Parking lot was well lit.

Perfect if you are just driving through town. Not much to do in the immediate vicinity

The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast the most limited we've seen on our drive across America

Clean

I actually spent a night but I think the hotel can do better to improve on their services.

The staff strength is very lean hence poor service from the hotel.

Nil

Humble

Price

Swimming pool too small.
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast Swimming pool bigger.

Swimming pool too small. Room floor too dirty. Breakfast was terrible

Staff

The breakfast was only cereal, oatmeal, and toast

Staff

The whole stay was very enjoyable and stress free

nιce ppl.

rooм ѕмelled нorrιвly

nιce ppl.

Cheap and not fancy, but comfortable with spacious, well-equipped rooms.
    • Superior King Room

Spacious room and comfy bed

The people who work there really friendly.

The room you book on booking is different when u get there unless u say something.

The people who work there really friendly.

Good for a night near airport
    • Superior King Room

Tired, a bit shabby, poor breakfast choices.

Location, price, great service

I wish there were more outlets or at least upgraded outlets...

I wish there were more outlets or at least upgraded outlets that include USB plugs

Lady working front very nice and helpful

Bad, bad breakfast

Lady working front very nice and helpful

Amazing, it made the trip!
    • Superior King Room

Restaurant open all day would be cool.

Excellent customer service, excellent room!

I will not stay there again

Everything else, the room was too small, the bed was hard, the bathroom/shower area needed work

The location, easy access.

Hotel needs new staff and remodel will never being my family...

Hotel needs new staff and remodel will never being my family again....only of its free

The lady behind the desk was the same that answered the...
    • Superior King Room

The guys done with their day of work were too loud outside.

The lady behind the desk was the same that answered the phone. She was awesome!

I guess you get what you paid for
    • King Room - Disability Access

The awful smell of the rooms carpet.

Shuttle bus to the airport.

Not a horrible stay

The bed in my room

Not recommended at all
    • King Room - Disability Access

The outdated rooms appeared to be dirty and the hotel shuttle is a mess

Brandon from front desk was the only one who save the stay in RRI

The girl at the front desk was great.
    • Superior King Room

The breakfast is not good

The girl at the front desk was great. The room was very comfy

did not have breakfast.
    • Double Room - Disability Access

did not have breakfast.

Overall a very nice stay at a affordable price!
    • Superior King Room

Parking was difficult and requested towels and never got them!

Friendliness of the staff

The cancellation. Safety the lock was broken on the door

Worse than hearing Despacito on loop.

Broken, leaking WC; breakfast choice almost non-existent, lack of bottled water, and shuttle service is horrible.

Hot water is decent enough.

Nothing very dirty was originally going to stay 3 nights but...
    • Superior King Room

Nothing very dirty was originally going to stay 3 nights but only stayed 1 due to the conditions of rooms and did not feel safe

The shower was cold.

The shower was cold.

It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great either, a little over priced in my opinion

The room was dirty, there was a dirty sock behind the nightstand, and trash as well

The staff was nice, very helpful

Good location and value but not sure if I would stay there again.
    • Superior King Room

Scratchy bed sheets. Coffe maker didn't work. Cable TV signal wasn't great.

Clean room.

avarage
    • Superior King Room

no make up room each day, very poor breakfast, no reasonable answers from the staff

• Reviewed: 15 April 2016

Staff is awesome!

Staff is awesome!! Pickup at the airport was perfectly on time & they offered me a late check out without any problems or that I had to pay something for it. In addition there's a great mall right around the corner.

• Reviewed: 31 May 2015

my room was on the first floor.

the bathroom fan screeched for 2 minutes when first turned on...very annoying. the deadbolt on the door was very difficult to lock and then it stuck shut when I tried to get out of the door. to be fair, I put up with this for a few days before mentioning this to the desk clerk, once she knew, she moved me to another room that had no issues.

my room was on the first floor. the room seems to have been recently refurbished. roomy. when a light burnt out in the room the maintanence man changed it immediately.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2015

Location is good

I only liked the location. Stay somewhere else. It was a horrible hotel, better deals at another properties. I had to pay a taxi because their airport shuttle bus wasn't working. The front desk staff didn't know how to allow my room phone to place international calls. They didn't have a computer for guests to use. I saw several couples using property mostly as a motel / love hotel. Room was not very clean.

Location is good

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

The bed was confort enough

My shuttle pick me up at the airport 1hour late

The bed was confort enough

• Reviewed: 21 September 2015

Good water pressure

Stranded by airport shuttle that was "not running right now" Broken refrigerator, rusted lamps, HARD bed.

Good water pressure

• Reviewed: 21 August 2015

Very nice for the price.

Very nice for the price.

There are also 45 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.