Reviews of Boston Marriott Copley Place 4 stars

110 Huntington Avenue, Back Bay, Boston, MA 02116, USA

#32 of 81 hotels in Boston

5.3

Good location, making this hotel very crowded/noisy. Needs more emphasis on customers service.

- I am a Elite Marriott Award member and very loyal to Marriott chain of hotels and MVCI. I have stayed in the Boston Marriott Copley Place Hotel for 19 night during August/Sept. I have noticed that the bed sheets and pillow covers were not replaced regularly, in one instance for more than 5 days (spots were noticed). I've called the 'At your service' and they promised me to sort it out. However, nothing happen and the same spot were there for the next day! I've called them again and again I was promised that it would be sorted out with Housekeeping, but the next day nothing happened! Only when I called for the third time the next day, they sent someone to replace the bed sheets and pillow covers after midnight! There seems to be a communication problem between the departments in the hotel. When I spoke to a Front Desk manager the next day, she didn't seem to care much, only said that she was sorry! - Also, used towels in the bathroom were frequently folded and put back on the rack. When I checked, the reply was to "to replace the towels, you throw them on the floor of the bathroom". I feel this is not a hygienic practice! - Upon staying for 19 days, I requested a few hours late check-out as I had a late evening international flight out of Boston, but only given till 3 p.m., I requested till a couple of hours more, but the requested was not granted and I was charged 'Half day rate' which was about the same rate I had for the full day! - The restaurant/coffee shop on the 2nd floor provide excellent food at reasonable value, but the place is very noisy with many large TV screens and large crowd. There needs to be a less noisy place for a those who are not interested in watching the sport programs on these screens.

- The location of the hotel and its connection to the shopping areas The quality of food at the restaurant/coffee shop was excellent and reasonable value.

The Marriott Copley Place made our trip to Boston to see Pearl Jam an excellent experience.

The swimming pool was not great. Poorly designed, in regards to getting in and getting out. Needed some steps...

Valet and desk staff were very courteous and helpful. The young ladies who cleaned the rooms were friendly and very competent. The 24 hour room service food was promptly delivered and delicious. Very impressed with this hotel.

Location,very clean and comfortable

Charged my card for valets with out my permission. I think businesses should not be allowed for unauthorized charges. Felt Grave women answering customer questions had an attitude very sassy. Should be trained to handle customers with issues without having a chip on shoulder.

Location,very clean and comfortable

You'll have a pleasant stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom in the room was a little small, but it was still nice.

The room was well appointed, and the elevator system worked well. The room was available for check-in well before 4 p.m.

Beautiful layout right in the heart of Back Bay.

Beautiful layout right in the heart of Back Bay. The staff could not have more wonderful. The entire hotel is bustling with cafes and shops. Modern elevators go directly to your floor, keyed in by you.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Great value at a very nice hotel

It was a family vacation with the main destination being Fenway Park. The location of this hotel downtown allowed us to walk to the major destinations that we wanted to see. Although we did take a taxi to Fenway it was certainly a walkable distance. Staff at the hotel was very helpful. It is attached to a shopping mall with some very quality shops, and to a walkway to another mall across the street.

friendly staff - may come back again

Needs refreshing - reception area too

The staff were great - The door bell guys were amazing! The Dollar rent a car at the hotel was in particular a great help!

We loved it!
    • Concierge Level Two Double Room

Although the parking lot was not part of the hotel, It would be best the hotel to pair up with them to give convenience to patrons to the hotel and provide a charge of per night basis with in and out facility. parkings in Boston are expensive!

Loved the breakfast on the Concierge Level. So convenient for a family with children. Loved the view from the room and the concierge level. Coffee during breakfast was amazing! Our rooms came with afternoon drink, hors d'oeuvres, evening drinks et al but we didn't get to try these out because we were out sightseeing in the city. I love that this hotel is close to places of interests and shopping malls. Parking was convenient too. Check out time was also convenient instead of the early 11am. I like the elevators. It provides security and also being at the 29th floor, it didn't have to stop at every level!

Super accessible to everything you want to do in Boston!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing!!! Except that i didnt apply for marriott points because we will be staying again in marriott times square from tuesday next week!!!

Super accessible to everything you want to do in Boston!!!!

Convenient location, customer service and room were excellent!

Excellent location for food, shopping, and sightseeing. The gym and pool were excellent! We arrived early and left our luggage at the hotel front desk until our room was ready. Their process seemed to be very secure and we were very pleased.

Good experience

Air conditioning in the room did not operate properly making the room temperature uncomfortable especially in the early a.m. hours...It got very warm in the room and rather uncomfortable we were awoken to warm air coming from the air duct unit in the room it was 3 am we reported to hotel front desk staff around 9 am it’s was to early at 3 am to have hotel staff up in our room and we were all very tired.. but they need to evaluate there air units as it’s an uncomfortable situation...other then that one issue everything was great!!!

The view from the 18th floor absolutely was beautiful!

The facility was nice and easy access to Fenway (went to...

I was less than impressed with the staff. I would expect Adam to smile and welcome us when checking in, perhaps explain where the elevators are and explain where room is. And to also let you know that there is a charge that will be returned 3 to 5 days after account is closed, rather than having to call the hotel and have it explained by a very rude woman that basically hung up before I could finish.

The facility was nice and easy access to Fenway (went to concert there). Most impressed with the deaf maintenance man that went out of his way to help us with a constant smile on his face - he was amazing!!!

Not prepared for a concert crowd

Despite booking months in advance, our room was not ready for hours after checkin. They told me they would text when our room was ready they never text. We missed opening act of concert waiting to check in and never did. When I complained they blamed the concert for the inability to fill room requests.

The view from the room was amazing, the room was nice, the...

The check in process was crazy, the line was super long and people were cutting the line, very unorganized. BUT they did bring us cupcakes while we waited and were doing their best, however, I feel it could have gone much smoother and should be re-worked.

The view from the room was amazing, the room was nice, the TV was huge but no HD channels. Everyone was friendly, we had a nice stay.

Well worth the price, and it's located in the heart of "Back Bay".

As far as the stay was concerned, it was a great experience. The cocktail lounge was a bit noisy, but that's about the only thing

My wife and I were up for a concert and an overnight stay, and an upgrade on the room, which gave us the top floor with views of the harbor. That night a local place for brunch was suggested, so as we were checking out I asked the concierge about parking near the restaurant, and was told to leave the car if we planned to be out by 4 PM. It made our experience and visit stress free (ever tried parking in Boston, on a Saturday!)

Great location: connected to the upscale mall, quick walk to Newbury St, and metro stations: Back Bay and Prudential. We were also able to walk to the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston Common and also all the way to Copp's Hill in the North End/Little Italy. The duck tour is just across the street. Grocery is also across the street. Excellent breakfast buffet and nice hotel bar with a huge screen (world cup was playing during my stay). Nice employees. Free luggage storage for a few hours on check-out day. The room also had an outstanding view of Boston, Cambridge and Charles River with its sailboats. (Not sure if nightlife is walkable/nearby since I didn't try during this family trip).

Fantastic

We flew in on a red eye flight, we arrived at the hotel and I took a chance to see if we could get an early check in..I was NOT expecting an immediate check in but...they were able to get us in immediately! I was so surprised..I would have been happy with an 11 am or noon check in but here it was 8 am..all the staff were so friendly and helpful, any questions we had they were able to help us with. I definitely will stay here again when in Boston!

Location of this hotel was right in the middle of town and...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room was small for the price I paid. Had a roll away bed that one of my kids slept on and the mattress was awful, could feel every spring. Was also disappointed for the price I paid that WiFi was an additional daily charge.

Location of this hotel was right in the middle of town and connected to Copley Mall. Within walking distance of most attractions. Indoor pool was nice and good fitness center.

Fantastic location in the heart of Copley Sq, convenient to...

Fantastic location in the heart of Copley Sq, convenient to shopping, great food and public transportation. Clean, comfortable and great service. Stayed with our 3 children and everyone was happy :)

We enjoyed our stay.

The price was very high for the average family to be able to afford.

We were please with the location, view and all the amenities of the hotel. Only drawback.... price. Very high price for the average family. We splurged to stay here due to the location and all the amenities.

We got a room with a view and it was amazing.

We got a room with a view and it was amazing. Also being on the 34th floor the elevators were really quick. The breakfast was not cheap but it was still worth it we have three boys and they all found something they wanted, so we went out full for the day to the museum of science.

Not value for your money!

The room and beds were small and it was like an ordinary hotel room. One night costs a lot (353$). So I expect much more better room. Not value for the money! Check in was at 4 pm but we have to wait our room over an hour!

The elevators were excellent and the lobby was huge. The location is also good near the Prudential center and Skywalk.

Neat and tidy hotel in great location with a delicious buffet breakfast.

Bit dated. I felt the carpets and chair in the room need a good steam clean.

Rooms nice and large. Gym is fabulous. Breakfast selection is great and location is amazing. Staff are friendly and very helpful.

excellent stay -love this city!
    • King Room with River View

5 dollars for bottle of water!!!!!!! come on..we drank it thinking it was free-not good for a marriott. and no dressing gown or slippers.

beds very comfy and rooms clean and bright. good helpful staff. excellent location.

Wonderful location!

Wonderful location! Receptions encountered during check in and out were both great. I arrived around 8am in morning was only gonna ask if I may first & leave the luggage with them. The gentlemen proactively tried to see if a room was available for early check in!

We loved the location, and the room was very comfortable.

The bar restaurant was awful both times we tried it. Terrible service, cold food, high prices for the quality.

Bed was extremely comfortable, staff was helpful and friendly. Just don't waste your time or money at the hotel bar/ restaurant. Slow service, overpriced and low quality food. The rooms are small, but updated nicely. The central location also gives you the opportunity to visit the whole city without traveling a lot if you're taking Ubers like we did.

I enjoyed it. It was close to everything. I would stay there again.

The pool was out of service and had to go to another hotel to use the pool.

The food was good. The staff was very helpful and polite. The room was spacious and vwry clean.

Great stay - will return again!

Nothing I can think of.

My room was very comfortable, the hotel is located just where I needed to be. The breakfast was great. I would recommend this hotel very highly!

Great location and value for family visiting Boston

It’s a shame the rooms aren’t 75-100 sqft larger - they are definitely on the small size. But we didn’t really spend any time in the room other than to sleep and change clothes so it was ok.

This hotel is in one of the best locations for a family visiting Boston. Easy to walk to most activities and super convenient indoor access to parking and the prudential center when the weather is inclement. The less formal approach to breakfast room service is also a great idea. The kids loved the pool too.

So much more that what I expected.

I wish double beds will be queen size

Loced everything . Location, the fact that connect with Prudential Tower and shopping great! Staff very friendly . My view from my room amazing!

Amazing location right across from the duck tours!

Interior is outdated and worn. Didn’t like paying for internet.

Amazing location right across from the duck tours! Cool how it’s connected to the mall with the sky bridge.

pleasent enough but definetely would not return

to pay $350 per room per night with no breakfast included and then to be asked to pay for wifi in the room is what I call no value for money at all

the location was very good

The staff was great.

The bed was HORRIBLE!!! For the amount of money we paid you’d think the mattress would have been better then my pullout couch mattress

The staff was great. We had just gotten married and they brought us cookies and champagne

The Hotel is GREAT! Watch out for parking, though...

I realize that the parking facility is not administrated by the hotels, but we certainly had some "sticker shock" at the end of our stay, especially since we were there for an event (AnimeBoston). No details were given for utilizing the "Event Rate" posted when we initially parked; our offer to show the Parking Cashier our AnimeBoston admission badges as proof of attendance was also not accepted. We will be sure to make other parking arrangements whenever we stay at Copley Place in the future.

I have always liked the Boston Marriott Copley Place, so it was a no-brainer when my son wanted to attend AnimeBoston this year. Once again, the hotel didn't disappoint!

good

Every day housekeeping came after 500 pm or later. They told us they had until 700 pm. We expected it to be done between 200 pm or 300 pm. Instead, We had to leave to let them clean.

It was where we wanted to be.

The way the food was delivered, in bags with plastic containers. No cart, no place to actually eat our food. All of the plastic was a mess. I think you wanted us to pay for WiFi (who does that?).

The bed was the perfect size, California King, according to my partner. We were there for one night as we didn't want to drive home after the Fenway Women's Dinner Dance. Worked out well.

I have stayed here a number of times and will continue to do so.

The breakfast buffet was not very good in my opinion.

The room I had request was not available upon my arrival, and they were able find a perfect substitute for that I was incredibly happy with, and the staff were very friendly and professional

Convenience

I couldn't get free wifi unless you sign up for something that looked like o would be charged $16 or some amount daily Very bad Other hotels just give you a password

Convenience

Disappointed

The price was higher than quoted on booking.com - they currently have pending holds on ny account because they charged my family tv internet etc for 1 night .. when I went to ask staff questions they didn’t have the answers or help find the answer... disappointed

Enjoyable but expensive

There were blood stains on the bedding which we didn’t notice until settling in for the night. Housekeeping had to change everything at 10:00 p.m., which was a major disruption with trying to get kids to bed. There was no literature in the room about the hotel amenities. The booking confirmation said a buffet breakfast was included, but when I asked at the front desk, the manager said it was not.

The pool, the buffet, access to the mall

Great fun overnight in Boston.

Public areas , carpet seem a bit dated. This hotel gets a lot of business traffic so that makes sense. It’s still a good value (especially if you use the pool facilities.

Pool and fitness center are terrific. Walking indoors to Pru a huge plus in the winter. Terrific location

Great Location, pool with kids is a must, great vallet...

$5.00 for a bottle of Fiji water in the room (-: It’s not a cozy place because it’s huge but it seems to be well-run.

Great Location, pool with kids is a must, great vallet service, friendly staff, rooms aren’t big but comfortable. Elevators run by touch-screen technology was fascinating for the kids.

Comfortable bed, nice view from 35th floor, great location,...
    • King Room with River View

Very loud air-condition in my room. I had to have it switched off the entire stay.

Comfortable bed, nice view from 35th floor, great location, good breakfast, real espresso available on order

Was very unhappy to find upon arrival that we had to pay an...

Was very unhappy to find upon arrival that we had to pay an additional $60.00 per day for valet parking because self park was full. Also $12.00 for WiFi is unbelievable. We stayed in downtown Manhattan and didn’t have to pay this much.

Very nice. Would definitely get a different room next time with a Normal bed.

They talked me into upgrading my room to a luxury suite however the bed was a Murphy bed and it felt like I was sleeping on a pull out sofa. It was terrible!!! I woke up with back pain each morning.

Connected to two malls. Nice food choices. Across street from Boston Duck Tours

The room (two big beds) was huge, the view spectacular, the...

The room (two big beds) was huge, the view spectacular, the people of Marriott very helpful and polite. The hotel kust in the right place. Close to everything we wanted to see. Excellent stay!!!!

Generally Pleasant

I requested 2 double beds 2 months in advanced and that room was not available. I was disapponted that i got bumped. One night i spent on the pull out couch and it was uncomfortable . Came home and needed a heating pad.

Breakfast buffet

The location to the Prudential Center to attend our event...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Waiting for the elevators at check out time.

The location to the Prudential Center to attend our event was great. The vale parking and staff were very friendly and helpful.

The bed was wonderfully comfortable!

Only downside was that there was no fridge or microwave.

The bed was wonderfully comfortable! It felt like they put a comfort foam on top of the regular mattress which made it not too soft, not too firm. The T.V also gave the option to use your Netflix or hulu accounts too! The shampoos and soaps smelled amazing as well!

I have been attending Anime Boston for many years and there...

I didn't dislike anything in particular, but I usually bring my own pillow due to liking a more sturdy pillow. The pillows are a bit too squishy for my personal liking, but still not something that detracts from my visit.

I have been attending Anime Boston for many years and there tended to be a lot of backup with the elevators. It seems the elevators have either been updated or fixed to be much more consistent and quick to bring me to my floor and has improved since years prior.

Accommodations were horrible due to hotel being overbooked by 180 rooms

The hotel overbooked by 180 rooms. Me and my family had to share one bed uncomfortably and one of us had to sleep on the floor. They were out of roll away beds. We were promised our second night would be in an actual room that we booked. However we had the same room for both nights. I was very upset that my weekend getaway was an exhausting and uncomfortable.

It was convenient to get to the convention center and malls

Good location, good value.

Elevators were slow and it took 20 to get an elevator down when we were checking out and 45 minutes for a bell hop to come to our room. Otherwise, a standard hotel experience. Staff was lovely, pool was clean and the hotel location couldn’t be beat.

Great place - I'd stay again.

In the height of use, the elevators took 5+ minutes to get to the floor to become mobile to your next destination. Waiter service at their restaurant on the 2nd floor left a lot to be desired.

Clean hotel, very comfortable. Room service was fast and accurate!

Great staff when we were their!

I tried buying chapstick at the gift shop because my lips were on fire and their cheapest was 4 bucks for orginal chapstick. Forcing me to walk across the street to shaws for stupid chapstick. Also i had called months in advanced making sure we had a handicapped room even tho i requested it through booking.com as well and ended up in a normal sized room... Not hadicapped! I didnt bother too much because i am an angry person sometimes when things dont go right. And nothing went right that day..

Clean. Nice. Staff including cleaners were so kind and helpful

Blah

They gave away our room. 5 people had to sleep in a room with a King bed and small couch..they had no cots available, so people in my party slept on the floor. Parking was 40 per day and we had to pay for internet 13/day bc we booked through Booking.com! If we didn't pay for internet we wouldn't be able to use our phones because the service was terrible. They offered us buffet breakfast for one day to make up for giving up the room! Smh

Perfect location, updated elevators and doors. Connected to mall and other hotels!

Very nice stay.

Fact that the hotel did not have own parking nor gave comp on parking much less a discount. $40 daily. Very costly .

Location, elevator system was very modern, clean

Great room, Great employees!

What I didn't like about the property was that I had to pay for the internet. It wasn't awful but for how expensive the room was I thought it'd be free. I also wasn't sure when I would receive the deposit back into my account for the room, I wasn't given many details on that. The room temperature was too warm, even when we turned the thermostat down, it just wouldn't change the price at all.

What I liked about the property was how large my room was, it was clean and the beds were heavenly. The customer service was fast and the staff for the hotel were overall very nice people. The location is extremely convenient, if I ever needed to buy drinks or snacks then I would go downstairs or across the street. Lastly, I'm a sucker for a good view of the city. So, the hotel offered a gorgeous view of the city from the comfort of your room and I couldn't have been happier.

Our waitress at Champions was excellent.

A breakfast included with the room would have been better. Always nice to get breakfast in the morning in a breakfast room.

Our waitress at Champions was excellent. It made up for the fact that me and my 8 year old were shuttered to the farthest, worst table in the place.

Will DEFINITELY stay here again...!!

WONDERFUL ambience...!!!! and the BEST location ever in Copley Square...Enjoyed the excellent service provided by this Marriott hotel ...Very satisfied with our stay. Room was great and clean and the housekeeping was perfect. Front desk extremely helpful as well....They even allowed us to checkout at 2:00pm instead of at 12 and did not charge extra for those two hours. Thank you guys.... Absolutely enjoyed relaxing in the cozy lounge during the evenings, sipping warm apple cider along with the freshly baked cookies...

Excellent, will be back!

The internet had a charge! We were charged for each log in and neither of us was able to figure out how to connect!!!!!!!!

The pillows were amazing! I would seriously like to purchase two of them!!!

Short family stay with children

On check in the receptionist could of been more helpful, she didn't inform us where anything was in hotel like leisure centre, where restaurants where and make conversation about where we traveled from, this receptionist was quite poor, could do with a bit more customer service training.

Very central modern hotel

Big room, and love the place that connected with 2 shopping...

Big room, and love the place that connected with 2 shopping malls, we are so enjoy staying there with such convenient facilities. Also thanks for the staffs guide our visiting.

Definitely if I come to Boston I will stay at this property

They charge me for a night I didn’t show when I was trapped at the airport because of a storm and cancellation of flights

Great location spacious room and cleanliness and great staff

Very convenient location, very clean, comfortable bed, hotel...

The room was advertised to fit 5 people but it’s pretty small. Max should be 3 adults. It could be 5 if the other 2 are babies.

Very convenient location, very clean, comfortable bed, hotel granted all my requests (i’m quite demanding), great / helpful staff,

a more expensive stay than planned because of parking.

PARKING! I called to inquire about parking as I have an electric car. I was advised to self park in the connected parking garage as they had chargers I could use. I was actually advised not to use valet as it was more expensive ($60 vs $40 for a 24 hour period). So I self parked but needed to use my car once in the afternoon I arrived. I was charged $38 for 4 hours use then had to pay $40 for the overnight. $78 for 24 hours is very expensive. I went to the desk to inquire if there was a validation from the hotel and she was not helpful and said they are not affiliated with the parking (that is directly attached to the hotel and mall) and it is just expensive. If I had valet parked it I could have come in and out for $60. It was “weird” I was not told that.

The hotel is connected to two malls making it very busy but fun for the teenage girls I was traveling with. The room was very comfortable.

The staff at breakfast (second day only - first day was exceptional) was shockingly bad.

The hotel is conveniently located for the restaurants and shops in the Back Bay area. Great breakfast buffet too!

It was a pleasant and relaxing place for a short getaway.

It took me a few trys with the elevator to the proper floor for the lobby. I don’t have anything else I found any sort of problems with as this was a very accommodating hotel to stay in. I didn’t dine in the restaurant for dinner so I can’t speak on behalf of the food.

The hotel was located with a very nice multi story mall surrounded by amazing restaurants. When arriving to the front desk, the clerks were very friendly and offered a warm smile to great you. The pool and hot tub was clean. The elevators allowed for easy transport. Overall, I would stay here again in the future.

Tv did not work the fridge did not work and the pool was...

Tv did not work the fridge did not work and the pool was closed had to walk to the sheriton to use it.and the window leaked onto one of my bags and ruined my tablet.

The bed was amazingly comfortable and it was very clean but...

I wish breakfast would had been included in the price that would had made it 10 out of 10.

The bed was amazingly comfortable and it was very clean but no over powering chemical smells like other hotels.

Comfortable bed
    • Corner King Room

When I asked for the wifi code the reception gave me a little card explaining how to get it. To get it for free, you have to enrol in the Marriott reward program. I tried many times online without success. It's better to ask reception to enrol you. Otherwise you have to pay! Afterwards the wifi works well

Comfortable bed One of few hotels where the bathroom lighting actually allows you to see yourself when you get made up + additional enlarging make-up mirror Very clean Lots of towels Very well located

Overall my stay was a ten.

When I arrived in my room, it was very cold and I wasn't able to adjust the thermostat. When I reported it, it was handled immediately.

Good was great. Bed was great.

Location Location Location

PARKING!! Had to carry bags through mall to get to garage. Definitely roped into getting valet parking next time. Rooms were just average.

Location was great. Rooms were clean.

Mostly enjoyable. Coffee in the room should be free.

It always seems to be noisy and I asked not to be put near the elevator and they put us on top of it so the room was changed.

I like the location and the staff was friendly.

Clean, quiet room in great location, but bed uncomfortable and parking + extras expensive.
    • King Room with River View

Bed very hard and uncomfortable. They wouldn’t give Marriott reward points because I booked on Booking.com and suggested I use more expensive Marriott website next time. Parking expensive. Extras such as bottled water expensive.

Location was great- right in heart of great shopping, safe, upscale neighborhood. Attached to Copley Place mall, and connected to Prudential Center, with even more great shopping. 1 block from Back Bay and Newbury street- great restaurants and shopping. Room was clean and quiet. Starbucks in lobby always a bonus! Great views from the room!

Location is extremely convenient

A few things to carefully consider: - WiFi is paid unless you subscribe to the Hotel Program - Parking is not included. The fee of parking lot connected to the hotel is approx. $40.00 per 24 hours - The hotel room is not comfortable for a family of five (2 adults and 3 children)

Location is extremely convenient