Reviews of Trumbull and Porter, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member Detroit 4 stars

1331 Trumbull Street, Detroit, MI 48216 , USA

#10 of 22 hotels in Detroit

dirty standing water in the bathtub.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

dirty standing water in the bathtub. noted when we first got into the room . stained sheets when we turned down the beds. we got back to our room at 1:00am from a concert, we would have left but no other place to go ! won't be back.

We loved the outdoor sitting area with the live music on the...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping knocked on the door at one room at 7:30 a.m. - and unlocked and actually began to open the door to our family's second room at the same time!!!! That was DEFINITELY not appreciated or appropriate.

We loved the outdoor sitting area with the live music on the Friday evening that we were there.

Great overall design, good coffee , wonderful restaurant
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Quality of finishes, no doors for the bathroom so when you dry your hair you’ll annoy your roommate

Great overall design, good coffee , wonderful restaurant

One time only.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Walls and doors were too thin. I could hear everything at anytime during the day.

The quality of food at the hotel restaurant was of good quality and prepared with care.

A modern establishment with friendly employees throughout.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is just me being weird and not use to different designs. The shower has a half glass wall but no sliding door to cover the back half of the shower. For me, water was splashing out onto the floor and I didn't really care for that. Other than that, there was nothing that I can complain about. Once again, the design of the shower looks very modern but to me not very practical.

Overall the entire building was clean. They even had an outdoor party on the lawn the evening we stayed. Our room looked exactly like the pictures. All staff members I interacted with were very friendly. They also have 2 computers to use with a printer which worked out great for me. This was definitely one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

Good option in Corktown

At the price point (I paid a little more for a King room) I was not impressed. I expect higher quality of furnishings and more space than what was provided. I didn't like the hard cement floors and the layout of the hallway amplifies noise. That being said, if it was cheaper I would have been completely satisfied. Everything was "good" but not "great."

The decor of this hotel is hip and modern. Corktown is a cool neighborhood to explore (you need a car, it's Detroit). Enjoyed the restaurant's food and most staff were friendly. Since there aren't that many options around, this a good one.

Fune vibe, great decor, and the outdoor area -- picnic...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My only complaint is that the walls were thin, but it was fine once I put in earplugs. It's an older building that's been renovated, so it's not surprising.

Fune vibe, great decor, and the outdoor area -- picnic tables, fire it -- were such a plus, especially since we had great weather.

Good
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No coffee maker or free coffee or water bottles in room—- last time they had some cold cucumber water in lobby- not this time— and just to each have a coffee in morning had to pay $7 rooms are small and floors are concrete- also there were 2 buckets by the lobby because there were 2 bad leaks from ceiling

Location is great - even though higher then i think it should be- the rates were ok

Artsy Awesome Hotel in Detroit
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking not included. You have to pay 10$ per day.

Hotel is completely renovated. Very clean and comfortable beds. Stylish rooms. Very friendly staff. Cool Restaurant with outside patio. Location is very close to the city center. I would always come back. We had a great stay.

Very nice and modern hotel with clean rooms.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very thin walls. Car highly recommended, walking won't get your very far.

Very nice and modern hotel with clean rooms. Coffee place and restaurant in the building, so you can grab a bite to eat without having to leave the hotel.

Great value and location to access to metro Detroit

Rooms are a bit small.

Excellent value and comfortable room. Small details like water and popcorn in lobby make it unique. Fitness center was far better than comparable hotels.

I will book again very soon
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It’s not one thing I didn’t enjoy or value about the hotel then not enough movie channels. Believe they only had stars.

Very clean hotel,beautiful room and the luxury of a free safe. Beautiful lobby that has a restaurant and bar.

Just OK
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms were sparse. Very Small, cement floors, and halls seemed dirty. I was also charged $75, for bringing my little dog.. which was not explained to me

Great location, and the bar/restaurant was great

Great hotel with unwelcoming staff
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was not helpful nor friendly. The woman who checked us in looked as if she was doing us a favor and the few times we have asked for more info ( about parking, breakfast or what not) it seemed as if we were burdening them. They had no tips of what to do in the city nor they offered us maps of the city. Also complementary water in the room would be nice.

The proximity to downtown, the structure of the building itself has a lot of character and it is very unique. The rooms are spacious and have a small dine in area. I like that they offer free parking and it is in a gated area. Also the restaurant attached to it is superb, excellent brunch.

The food in the restaurant was amazing.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The food in the restaurant was amazing. Would go back for breakfast anytime. The service was wonderful as well. As to the hotel, yes it was advertised as minimalistic, but really.. I thought we were in a European room, it was small. The creature comforts were there and as a basic room it was fine.

Great Looking Hotel with Friendly Staff
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The early morning coughing next door. And we were too close to the fitness centre. You could hear the stomping on the treadmill from the early morning exercisers. (Hate them—joking.)

Great design, minimal without being soulless. Staff is great. Location is perfect.

Loved the location and the restaurant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was a fun hotel, but it was not what I would think of as a boutique hotel. It seemed more like a hip travelodge with a great restaurant. This wasn't necessarily bad, but it wasn't what I was expecting.

The restaurant was excellent.

Loved the vibe. Breakfast was excellent!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very unique hotel considering we’ve stayed at many in Detroit. Loved the vibe. Breakfast was excellent as well as drinks in the evening. We will most certainly be back!

Disappointing.
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

For the cost, it feels cheap. Small things like, no coffee in room, only one ice maker on property, up charging $10 for parking that is obviously available. The furnishings are minimalist and combined with the cement floors it seems a little like a college dorm room. There were no blackout curtains so we were up when the sun was, the walls are thin so we could hear the maid banging on doors at 8:30 am even though we had our do not disturb sign up. Like I said, just a lot of little touches would make it worth the cost but as it is we won’t be back.

The Staff was great, I like that everything is locally sourced from Detroit.

Clean and modern.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Billing issue yet to be resolved, charged a miscellaneous fee of 100.00for no reason. A bit pricey for a draft beer at $12.00 (craft, but not that rare at all).

Clean and modern. Staff was great. Restaurant fantastic and cocktails were wonderful. Awesome decore.

will recommend to others, will return, and will check out that restaurant next time i'm in town
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

sound travels between room walls and in the hallway a bit more than one might want. the reservation was for a room with a queen size bed but ours was a full size bed. really comfortable though.

great location, easy parking, aesthetically pleasing renovation to the site, restaurant connected (for breakfast) was fantastic, love the commitment to local detroit products as much as possible, fun decor in room

Definitely our new favorite place to stay downtown! Can’t wait to come back!

Would have loved a bluetooth speaker! There was a little alarm clock with a super short AUX cord but the sound was kinda crappy. Literally would have been the icing on an otherwise perfect stay!

Very clean! Nice aesthetic, comfy bed and couch. Impressive views. Appreciated the laid back atmosphere and attitude of the staff.

The sleep was great but not much more than that.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was super small and the industrial aspect was just off for me. It made the room feel cold and like a motel.

The bed was amazing. The pillows were great.

Overall it's nice but to me the room should be a $79 daily rate.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room that I stayed in was small and I didn't know that they were going to hold a $100 deposit on the room. Also, the room did not have carpet on the floor.

It was clean

Nice little corktown hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Feels a little like a cheap motel that got a budget renovation, the restaurant is a bit expensive as well

Decent hotel in corktown. Close to downtown. Comfortable beds. Close to hello records and MotorCity Wine.

It was fine, but I'm not sure I would go again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was small and a little sparse. I was expecting a little more since we paid almost $400 for the night. It was New Year's Eve though. The bartender was great, as well as the service.

Funky place in a pretty convenient location
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The croissants were a bit tough and dry - that could be better. I can't fault this hotel otherwise.

The restaurant had a couple of really good vegan dishes, and the staff indicated they would add more. They try to use local ingredients, which is commendable. Others have commented that the concrete floors are not very welcoming, but I don't think it is excessively cold. The rooms are in fact quite cozy. The place is a mile from the Cobo Centre, an easy 15-20 minute walk. They have a couple of PCs and a printer available to guests free of charge, prominently positioned, so you can quickly look something up or print a boarding card etc. The staff use it to explain where things are to guests, the 'e-concierge'. It works. All in all I really liked it, and it is more personal than one of those big hotels nearby like the Marriott or Crowne Plaza.

I loved everything about the hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I loved everything about the hotel. I’m not a fan of chain hotels, so I loved the feeling of a boutique hotel. The hotel bar was impressive, along with the food. Definitely will be back again!

I liked it, mostly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I heard noise from rooms on both sides of mine; either the TV was loud and the other guy had a very loud voice, or the walls are kinda thin.

The hotel is visually stunning and cool, and the people were very helpful (especially the bartender!).

It was fine, but next time I'll stay downtown.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The dark hallways just really bring down the style of the place. The location is also just not near much, and apparently not safe to walk around.

The bed was comfortable and the staff was great. The restaurant is excellent, but very pricey

Very hip, restaurant staff was great.
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff seemed a little unprofessional, especially for the price of the hotel. Sheets were scratchy. Booking.com had incorrect information about their meal pricing which should be corrected. The manager honored it which was great but doesn't look very good.

Very hip, restaurant staff was great.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very...

I thought the room and bathroom would have been slightly bigger, but that wasn't a big problem at all

The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean.

I would stay again but I wouldn't pay the premium pricing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I feel like for what I paid it could have been a little more plush or posh, I get that it's a mid century modern loft style hotel, but the beds could have better bedding and the showers could be more lux, it just seemed cold and basic.

The staff was super friendly and the location was great... Right across from Batch Brewery and that place was fantastic!

The location is the biggest perk of this hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds were uncomfortable, they charge nightly fee for parking, cold cement floors in room, vending machines are not accessible after a certain time which forces you to go pay more in their bar for just a soft drink.

The location is the biggest perk of this hotel.

wouldn't suggest if you have kids, walls are so thin, you can hear everything
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

walls are paper thin, could hear every word like they were in our room, drunks and fighting from two adjoining rooms, started about 1:30 am, ended about 6:00 am, someone called security but didn't do any good, needless to say we got no sleep. Rooms very small

Is a pretty cool place, neat design

Nifty place, good location but a bit too far to walk downtown.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They charge $10 for parking, and the place is a bit pricey.

I was really stoked about the recycling bins in the rooms and the industrial chic decor. The restaurant served up a tasty breakfast. Looking forward to a summer stay when in town for a Tigers game.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Secure parking, within walking distance to bars and shopping.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Curtains didn't do great job at completely blocking sun.

Secure parking, within walking distance to bars and shopping. Awesome decor and very nice restaurant inside.

Great hotel with a great location. I would definitely stay there again if i'm ever back in Detroit.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Maybe it's due to the hotel being an old firehouse and the lack of space, but the amenitiess could be improved, like a fitness center or other things of the kind.

I really liked the design of the hotel, and the location, which was a walking distance away from downtown. All the staff were super helpful and friendly.

The hotel staff were very helpful, and the bed was super...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel staff were very helpful, and the bed was super comfortable! The breakfast option was great too. Located conveniently within a 3 mile range to all of the popular spots (if it wasn't so cold outside I would've walked everywhere). I loved the minimalistic decor. Overall a great hotel for the price.

Different
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was too small, room floors are cement, no carpet. Window fixture did not cover entire window, so people walking by could look in. Hotel was fully booked, but there was only one employee working the entire facility after 8 p.m.

The bar stays open late and the courtyard is nice.

little room, solid location
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

i did not like the bathroom or the actual size of the room.

the staff and location were great - we were in town for a festival on the riverfront and were able to walk there and back without any trouble.

Trendy hotel, staff was helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The crazy guy that wasn't staying at the property but was walking the grounds and in the building. He should have been removed by staff/police. Very uncomfortable situation. Other than that, great place to stay if going to Comerica.

Trendy hotel, staff was helpful.

Inspired !
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The homemade croissants were lovely and the coffee perfect! I loved seeing the Ambassador Bridge from my window, especially at night. I would definitely make a point to stay again.

Working out the kinks.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

For the money this was not worth the value yet. I say yet because this was their soft opening and they were not done the upgrades from the previous property (Holiday Inn?). None of the rooms on the main floor were complete. Some upgrades were done well and others looked like corners were cut (painting over previous fixtures instead of new ones). Our door did not lock and maintenance had to be called to fix it. We watched overworked front desk staff be rude to other guests. The restaurant menu was limited as they had just opened. We really wanted to like this property and thought we would stay an extra night to give it another try. When I asked the front desk if they could do better than the online room price they simply said no. So we moved downtown to a quiet 4 star for $50 less a night.

Once the property is finished and staff are fully trained it will be a great little oasis close to downtown.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

I really wanted to like this hotel

I stay at lots of hotels for work and leisure, but this is the first time I've felt compelled to write a review. I chose this hotel because I had heard good things about the neighborhood, and it looked like a hip place. Unfortunately, my stay at this hotel was a bit of a train wreck. It's a new hotel, and they are still ironing out some kinks: -The hotel restaurant was closed when I arrived because of a mix-up with the gas bill. I was handed a take-out menu and advised to order a pizza instead. -Hot water was spotty. -Staff forgot to service my room on one day during my stay. -There was a party in the courtyard during my stay and management did nothing to let guests know about this beforehand (even though it was quite loud). -I had breakfast at the restaurant on my last day. The food took a weirdly long time to prepare (I was the only person in the restaurant). When my meal finally arrived, it was not as described on the menu. In the middle of it all, the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate the building! Any of these issues would have been annoying, but not disastrous--but what bothered me the most is that the management did little to respond to my concerns. I really wanted to enjoy my stay here. I think the staff is doing their best, but the service is just not there yet.

Fun neighborhood. Cool design (in an industrial kind of way). Friendly staff. Comfortable bed. Air-conditioning.

Lovely staff - will be even better once completed
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The water never really heated up. Parts of the hotel are still under construction.

The staff were really helpful and friendly. The hotel is very nice looking and the rooms are comfortable. The Corktown area is great - lots of good bars/ places to eat.

Way overpriced hotel that tries hard but falls short
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Where to start? No place to put your clothes - Only a metal rack to hang them on, no drawers. Towels in a different room from the shower. No coffee in the room, nor lobby. Metal bed frame that it's hard not to stub your toe on. No place to plug in a computer if you want to work at the desk. A perfectly fine place at about 60% the price.

This hotel is working on a serious upgrade, but for now its guests are investors in its future. They have pride in their facility, but it's missing a lot. The internet connection was stable and fast. It's very clean and pleasant.

A great new hotel in an up and coming area
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sink in bathroom wasn't great--Ultra low flow tap. Rest of bathroom was great, shower was awesome.

A very quiet, out of the way location, away from the hubbub of Greektown. Easy walk (12 mins) to Joe Louis Arena, but they are now closing that and the new rink is up on Woodward near Comerica Park. We were able to walk to Comerica in an easy 30 minute stroll from this hotel. Beds are comfy. Very quiet hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

The style of the hotel, modern and cozy.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It would be nice to have breakfast at the hotel. Hope the restaurant their building will be finished soon.

The style of the hotel, modern and cozy. The little shop so you can buy some snacks and drinks.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Corktown place to stay, finally.

Coffee, though no free, is good quality. A restaurant/bar has been designed and will add an on site food option.

Cement floors and a semi-green approach; still under construction, but design is good and well executed.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Quite a pleasant stay and would definitely return.

The bright florescent lighting in the bathroom was overpowering and intense. Not enough electrical plugs in the room (especially when one did not seem to work at all). The open concept shower area is a cool design but it made for a bit of a wet bathroom floor - a little annoying but not a bit deal. Based on other reviews I had read, I was aware of construction still happening in parts of the hotel - that heads up was helpful (and should probably be mentioned on the website). We were not expecting the Four Seasons though - based on the price we paid for the weekend, we had quite a pleasant stay and would definitely return.

The cafe staff was very nice and pleasant! The receptionists were lovely and helpful when approached. Really great to have the flavoured water in the lobby and enjoyed the books in the sitting area. The room and location was great! Good walking distance to some great spots in the city. Loved the design of the place! And really appreciated the affordable price.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

A must stay when visiting Detroit
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff could be friendly, the coffee guys was however

Great feel to hotel, going to be awesome when it's done. Really fantastic to be staying in Cork Town.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Location was great for the activities me and my boyfriend...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Renovation is going on right now so one morning we were awoken at 6am by a fire alarm and some construction sounds. We were warned of this before our stay however so it wasn't unexpected and we knew we would probably experience sounds like this. The walls in the rooms did seem kind of thin though and we could hear our neighbors talking and the sound of their TV at night.

Location was great for the activities me and my boyfriend had planned around Detroit. The room was great and clean. I absolutely loved the comfort of the bed and sheets. Very different from the stereotypical hotel chains which was refreshing.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

aesthetically pleasing in an interesting part of detroit.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It seemed the staff let anyone in the hotel. I had a random encounter at my hotel room door where a man basically propositioned me for sex. A few hours later I realized how thin the walls were when I awoke to the loud sounds of what I thought was screaming... I did contact the front desk and they said they would search the halls but then I never heard from them as a follow up.

I liked the decor in the rooms and the overall design of the hotel. Everything seemed clean. Very hip

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Pleasantly Surprised
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Super sketchy area in Detroit. Don't try to jog outside in the morning here. Called in to inquire re: lost keys day after check-out. Transferred to housekeeping who advised "Will call you right back." No call back after 2 hours. Called again "Will call you right back." No call back after several days. I called again the following week and spoke to a very polite rep who actually went to look for me while I was on hold. One phone call is all this should take for a very prompt reply.

Urban decor struck a good balance. Comfortable bed, good sized room. "Boutique" feel to hotel, but plenty of space. Pleasantly surprised.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Location, free parking, bed was very comfortable, big TV.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff seemed indifferent, floors were cold, no breakfast options, no coffee maker in the room, shower did not have a conventional curtain or sliding door dowager got all over the floor!

Location, free parking, bed was very comfortable, big TV.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Modern and nice rooms
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is not in an area that I really wanted to walk around in, although I believe this is rather usual in Detroit.

Modern, fresh, clean, nice interior. The gym has free weights. Currently building a restaurant which will be a nice addition as there is currently no food within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

One thing.

One thing. I left my room at 11 in the morning, came back at 6pm, and my room wasn't clean, nobody came to take care of it. A bit disappointing. It,s good to have free water with a slice of lemon in the lobby, it's better to clean the room even if it's not empty at 6am...

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Not worth the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The floors were concrete. The beds were the most uncomfortable I've ever experienced. The furniture is all short and plastic. The light bulbs on the ceiling are exposed.

It was conveniently located near the tunnel to Canada.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Awesome Hotel, Modern and Clean
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hard to say because the property is still under construction. Anything that was inconvenient at the time is still being worked on.

I love the new industrial look. I did NOT miss the carpet. Everything is fresh and clean and TOP NOTCH!!

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Still a bit overpriced for hotel location and setting.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The furniture is retro but not good quality (besides bed). Side tables and chairs are like a school room type of plastic.....

Still a bit overpriced for hotel location and setting. Some of the first renovated rooms are already showing wear & tear (bed lamps loose, steel leg of sink loose or not stable, shower tub/glass clipped).

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Modern, clean and good location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff could be friendlier or value customers a little more

A newly refurbished hotel very artistic modern feel great hotel and most comfortable beds we stayed in throughout our trip

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Good Property without BF and coffee maker
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No breakfast, no coffee makers in the room, coffee tea chargeable. Significantly different approach from Quality Inn and Suites, Big Rapids

Location and staff courtesy

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Nice modern design, clean and with a comfortable bed.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No breakfast and little possibility to get food at the hotel. A bit outside of town, and since it is very hard to get a cab in Detroit (!), this posed a bit of a problem. Very thin-walled, I could hear people talk, sneeze, snore, well you name it.

Nice modern design, clean and with a comfortable bed. Helpful personnel and a late night check-in was no problem. A safe neighborhood, which is important when visiting Detroit. Restaurants and convenience stores close by.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Cleanlinss and very comfy bed

We found it very difficult to get to our room as one of the entrances was reserved for a contractor and hotel did not honor the late check out benefit for genius members.

Cleanlinss and very comfy bed

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Decent 3 Star
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Biggest complaint is the bed is hard as a rock. Other than that solidly 3 star. Also know the lot is gated (like most of Detroit) and if you plan on walking around it didn't look like an area I would walk after dark. We walked to Comerica Park and took an Uber back

Cute. Friendly staff. Bar on premises. Place was clean. Very "hipster" think old factory concrete floors with cute throw rugs & interesting art. Bonus: bottle opener included.

Recently renovated boutique hotel in Corktown
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No breakfast option. Renovation has removed some key items, such as hooks for towels in the shower room. It would be great to be able to open the windows.

Location, close to Michigan Av. and with plenty of free gated parking.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

An Affordable Option Close to Downtown Detroit

Nil

For the want of a 15 minute walk or a 5 minute taxi ride you'll cut your accommodation bill by staying here. Rooms have been nicely renovated. Staff were very helpful and the owners have clearly made an effort to make you welcome and comfortable. I chose to travel to Detroit by bus and the Greyhound depot is about a half mile away. Taxi from ballpark (or Lions Stadium) was easily accessed, fairly cheap and friendly (as were the other two cab drivers that I met).

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Super cool

The hipster atmosphere

It is a brand new hotel very close to downtown Detroit and restaurants. It is like a "boutique hotel" and my room was very comfortable and clean. The building is very beautiful and modern. The room rate is very good when compared with other hotels in Detroit. Definitely I would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Good choice in Detroit
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I have to say that our room was nice and quite comfortable, but we would have appreciated more space to move inside...

We liked this hotel even when it´s still in process of renovation. Furniture of the room was new and provides an industrial look very interesting. Parking is free of charge. We really enjoyed our staying

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Clean and Fresh
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

New renovations. The style of the hotel is modern and stylish. Clean bright room with great bed and white linens. Looking forward to new restaurant opening there sometime in 2016. Cork town is in a great location just outside of Downtown. Lots of good restaurants near by. Also we liked the free secure parking. All in all a great place to stay while you're in Detroit.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Nice situated hotel with welcoming staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When we checked in, we were given a room all the way back on the 3rd floor, and when we got there, the room was dirty. We had to walk all the way back to reception and were given a room on the 4th floor, at least next to the elevator.

The staff is super sweet, and very welcoming with pets. The room we got was nice.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

good, but still needs improvement
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

for this price at least the coffee in the morning could be free. toilet seat was not fixed, water was not really hot in the morning, rental bikes are way too expensive

good place to stay, though a little bit too expensive for what you get. you pay for the (i must admit) nice style, really good beds, nice tv, good internet connection, nice view. not noticeable that the hotel is still under reconstruction

Everything else!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The showers are set up a little weird.

Everything else! Loved my stay!

Hotel in corktown

Pillows were too thick

Food was fantastic! Garden area!