Reviews of Corporate Inn Sunnyvale 3 stars

805 East El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, CA 94087, USA

#7 of 31 hotels in Sunnyvale

I was impressed with this quaint spot in Silicon Valley!
    • Suite

I noticed a sprinkler inside the room that was located in the ceiling. It had no hardware surrounding it. There it was... a simple hole in the ceiling with a sprinkler sticking out of it.

I arrived, late, with my infant granddaughter. Rhonda greeted us & was patient, as well as, engaging with my granddaughter. Besides, we shared the same name- Rhonda! She mentioned that there would be water in the room- and me being parched from being out on a very, hot day...well, it was a welcomed idea. When I entered my room & gotten settled, I did not see the aforementioned water. I called the front desk & not only did offer to bring it right away, she brought it within minutes. In fact, she brought TWO! Now that's customer service!

The staff is super nice.
    • Suite

Very clean room. Close to restaurants and grocery store. Very quiet. The bed is fantasticly comfortable.

The staff is super nice. The complimentary breakfast is great.

Very good facilities and I would stay there again if I happen to be in the area.
    • Business Suite

The breakfast could be better. If it were me, I'd have hot foods - bacon, eggs and hash browns as staples. All other hot food could be varied daily. Apart from this, there were plenty of other things you could eat - breads, pastries, muffin, cake, quick oats, cereal.

The location is convenient. Safeway is within a few minutes walk from the hotel so you can easily buy groceries and cook a good meal in the kitchenette. The ceramic cook top has two filaments. In my room, there were a couple of frying pans, two glass saucepans, crockery, cutlery, cutting knives, chopping board. A dish towel, dish washing liquid and kitchen paper were supplied. Re breakfast, the bread variety was pretty good. There were also pastries, cake, fruit platter which are replenished if they run out. It may take a little time during peak hour. Staff are nice at the hotel.

It exceed my expectations
    • Suite

I saw a lot of reviews were people complained about management but they are lovely people and super helpful it was amazing and I will definitely come back. It was a very clean hotel

Basically it was perfect location for my business activities
    • Suite

Swimming pool would be too small for this size of property. Breakfast room is also too small for size of property unless this one is only used through winter.

Excellent size room with supermarket very close by for provisions.

Very friendly and professional staff.
    • Business Suite

Furniture in the living room/kitchenette area is a bit dated. Only 2 washing machines. A bit tricky at weekends.

Very friendly and professional staff. Made me feel very welcome. Room is big and comfortable, bathroom is really nice with a double shower. Loved the happy hour in the evening.

Accommodating and comfortable.
    • Suite

I don't like how the money came out of my account before my check in date, put back and then taken out again. After we checked in the following day an initial 50.00 was taken out and still awaiting for it to be put back into my account.

The bed was wonderfully comfortable. Very clean! Welcoming staff.

Comfortable Stay
    • Suite

Since it was a suite, I guess, when we started to settle in, a tea bag for a cup of tea or perhaps one of those small coffee pots with coffee, would have been nice. There was nothing. Also, no plastic cups in the bathroom for rinsing teeth. Not great.

The room was a suite which could have worked well for a multi day stay. Small but definitely adequate kitchen facility. We stayed only one night so it was not used. Bed, pillows were great. We were told the rooms at the back were quiet, and our room was silent, wonderful. Ask if that is important to you.

The room was clean and tidy.
    • Suite

They had thin walls I guess, I could hear people walking on the corridor and the thumping sound of person walking in the room above mine.

The room was clean and tidy.

Very comfortable for a week long stay, I will happily return.
    • Suite

Public walkways outside room are not carpeted, so other residents coming and going can be disruptive.

Very spacious room, though I wouldn't necessarily call it a suite as it was all one large room. Everything you could ask for, and staff were pleasant and helpful. Lots of parking available underground. Location is very convenient for access to Sunnyvale and Mountain View.

Nice relaxing stay.
    • Suite

The rooms were spacious and clean, quite comfortable! Breakfast was complementary and had decent selections. It wasn't far from any of the places we wanted to go to during the day time, and at night Golfland next door is open quite late. It's quite a large minigolf park and the arcade is pretty awesome.

Large rooms, but poor Internet connectivity
    • Suite

The Internet was a big issue. Little and slow connectivity after 7pm, probably because the Internet is not designed to support many travelers using it at the same time. Connection drops every couple of minutes, and even when connected, is very slow. Sometimes I could not even check emails. Worst hotel Internet I've had in years. I hope they fix this, as I can't return to that place otherwise.

Large room, balcony is a nice plus especially in summer times, quiet, clean, comfortable place.

Nice comfortable quiet room
    • Suite

There was a small gap at the front door between the door and floor.

Good overall facilities. The room was comfortable and was a nice size. The parking garage was below the hotel which I liked. There is a grocery store and other restaurants/coffee shops within walking distance.

Excellent hotel and very kind people at the desk
    • Suite

Remember to put out of the room the "do not disturb" sign, as one morning the waitress came to clean up the room at 8.00 am

Excellent hotel and very kind people at the desk

Great place, cheap bed!

Bed too soft

Very well maintained, but the bed is way too soft. They do not offer another kind of bed if you need extra support, I had to sleep in the sofa bed, and was also very uncomfortable.

Overall, a great place to stay!
    • Suite

- WiFi is so slow that it can't be used - Some rooms are noisy for the A/C units but they kindly let me change room

- Quiet and convenient location - Supermarket and some shops just around the corner - Staff very friendly - Spacious rooms - Lots of parking space

Good business hotel with very slow internet.
    • Suite

i was on the 3rd floor and the internet was extremely slow...couldn't even open a normal webpage sometimes...had to switch it on and off and among different networks. a bit of a shock considering this is a business oriented hotel.

clean, quiet, great location, friendly staff and easy parking.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Great place to work and relax.
    • Suite

Upon check in, I noticed the heat bulb missing in the bathroom..didnt report it because I assumed it was broken and the weather had been hot. When I returned to pick up my deposit, I received half due to me being charged for the bulb. It didn't make any sense to me. I wrote a short memo explaining the error to their GM. I'm waiting for their reply. With daily housekeeping, I assumed that an item such as that would've been reported earlier by the maids since I stayed their for a week. Strange how it was only noticed upon my check out. My profession requires high degree of honesty and integrity so having a derogatory such as this I take personally. Maids not catching it earlier affirmed my assumption that no bulb was the norm.

As a consultant, I was able to set up a temporary office in their suite and accomplish the task.. I wish this place wasn't so popular because I needed to extend my stay..kudos to their mgmt and service staff. My PA and I enjoyed our stay and will be coming back.. Joel Tenorio

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Great stay for a short business trip
    • Suite

Wifi can be very slow in the evening. Not very good mobile/cell phone reception in the room

Very comfy bed, clean room, quiet location, secure parking space. Just across the road from the supermarket. Very helpful 24 hrs front desk.

Home away from home
    • Suite

person above us for about an hour we can hear them stomping maybe she just walk Hard

We didn't get to have breakfast by being New Year's Eve But the rooms were nice and roomy the staff was nice and friendly

An Excellent Hotel
    • Suite

The property is clean and quiet, the rooms are spacious, clean, and well-appointed. The bed is comfortable, the lighting is sufficient, the WiFi is fast enough for streaming services. The staff are friendly and careful, and they will recognize you when you return for another stay.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Overall, it's our favorite place to stay
    • Suite

The shower drains cause the water to backup in the tub so you end up with a puddle of soapy water around your feet when you're done. Also, the new location of the room safe is hard to access. I like to lock up my medications and small electronics. I thought they'd gotten rid of the room safe until my husband found it when he stowed his travel bag. It's down too low and hard to see.

The new king-sized beds are very comfortable. And, we enjoyed the new layout of the buffet area--everything is much more accessible.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

We'll return.
    • Suite

Having to go home. Our 3G didn't always work around the area (but that isn't your fault). The platform that the bed's mattress was on had sharp edges. We did not run into either corner with our ankles, but we wondered if we would (so we put extra pillows on those corners to cushion possible accidents).

We liked the people, especially Stephanie and Rhonda, who helped us a lot. Breakfast was delicious and lots of choices.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Awesome place to stay.
    • Suite

I think, nothing is there to dislike. :)

All the facilities , location and especially breakfast are awesome. I really Love it. All the stores(Especially Indian stores) are near by to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Clean and comfortable
    • Business Suite

The wifi was pretty flaky which made it difficult to use a corporate VPN

The room was clean, comfortable and well furnished. Bed was comfortable and large. There is a small kitchen area with microwave and two cooking hobs (induction) along with a toaster and coffee maker. Plates, pans, etc, provided. Big tv with 60 or so channels in good quality and a couch. Desk and chair with wifi provided also. Bathroom area was well finished with nice shower. I travelled for work and this was an excellent choice. There is daily breakfast downstairs and mon-thu there is evening food in the same place, inclusive of room price. There is an outdoors pool (didnt use) and a gym with some treadmills. Staff are friendly and the whole place is kept very clean.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Will not return - there are much better options in the area with more professional front-desk staff
    • Suite

Checking in - this has been the most awful check-in experience I have ever had at any hotel. This was my second visit at Corporate Inn, and I had rather pleasant memories from my first time here (which was the main reason I decided to return), so I was pretty shocked by the way I was treated upon arrival this time. To provide some context, this is what happened (at least from my side): I had originally booked 5 nights at Corp. Inn, and since booking.com only sends you the total price for the stay, it appeared like the average charge per night was < USD300, which is below my company's cap and was therefore a good option for my business trip. However, one day before my check-in date, unforeseen personal circumstances forced me to shorten my stay to 3 nights to leave early, so I contacted the property to ask if this was possible. I got a reply saying "Any modifications to your reservation do need to be made thru Booking.com, however there are no penalties on our side as the date of checkout is well within the 24hr period." This sounded great, and I was pleased by how accommodating the property was, reassuring me that I had made the right choice. I went ahead and changed my booking through the booking.com's call center, as it was not possible to make these changes online. However, after my call to booking.com, I was very confused to see that following these modifications, my average nightly rate for the now-only-3-night stay had risen to ~USD375, which meant I would have to pay the 75 USD/night exceeding my allowance (i.e. 225USD total) out-of-pocket. So I called booking.com again and asked about the break-down of the rates, which I was then told on the phone (but never had received in any written form in the first place), and when I found out that the second and third night were the most expensive ones, I asked them to cancel the last night for me as well, as this had turned out to be a much more expensive stay than I expected.

Checking out (friendly person at the desk that time)

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Excellent choice for business or pleasure
    • Suite

Hot tub could have been given a little more privacy.

Front desk extremely helpful, especially Stephanie. Very well laid out room. Nice to have a gym, hot tub and swimming pool. Breakfast was very good. Good choice of hot items, no rubbery scrambled eggs! Nice omelettes, good sausage. Rice and miso available too. Good selection of breads, yogurt, fruit and juice. Very pleasant staff.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

enjoyed our experience
    • Suite

the bathroom door didn't close all the way and didn't lock

extra large room, which is more like a studio apartment, friendly staff, healthy and delicious breakfast

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Great weekend deal
    • Suite

There was a slight stale smell in the room which really didn't bother me but would have bothered my wife had she been there. It is in the heart of Silicon Valley on a main artery el Camino real so don't expect a scenic surrounding.

The room was specious with a kichenette. The breakfast was very complete and went to 11am. There was ample underground parking. There was supermarket shopping next door. There is a pool and hot tub but I didn't use them.

Nice quiet rooms.
    • Suite

Nice quiet rooms. Large enough to walk around. Separate area to sit or eat

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Wonderful except for the breakfast experience.
    • Suite

Breakfast on the weekend was great, but on the week days very lacking.

Liked the room set up

service and location is good
    • Suite

breakfast is too poor, need to get more stuff

service and location is good

The room was quite large and had a couch and arm chairs in...

Gym was a bit lacking.

The room was quite large and had a couch and arm chairs in addition to a large bed.

a nice stay, willing to be back again
    • Suite

breakfast is too simple, need to have more types of food

the service is great

Comfortable bed!

Comfortable bed!!

hot tub, pool, a lof of restaurants nearby

hot tub, pool, a lof of restaurants nearby

Best hotel in Sunnyvale
    • Suite

The rooms are big and clean, the beds are so comfortable, the staff is very freindly.

Breakfast providing yogurt is the great happiness way to...
    • Suite

Breakfast providing yogurt is the great happiness way to open your day.

very nice place but the room smelled
    • Suite

although the room was no smoking it still smelled

very modern and nice looking

Quite and clean

Parking

Quite and clean

breakfast and happy hour.
    • Business Suite

laundry machines are not enough. only 2 washer and 2 dryer. extra comforter should be more helpful.

breakfast and happy hour. swimming pool. spa.

Wonderful very happy
    • Suite

Great place, nice, clean, easy, quiet

Freindly staff yet very professional.
    • Business Suite

Freindly staff yet very professional. We have been a repeater since the first time.

Quite.
    • Suite

Quite. Large rooms. Clean. Breakfast. Free parking.

Everything other than the WiFi is perfect!
    • Suite

WiFi in room 113 doesn’t work...at all...

Everything other than the WiFi is perfect!

Big rooms
    • Suite

Big rooms, comfortable bed, nice breakfast. The happy hour is also really nice.

Fabulous

Breakfast was perfect

A great stay - exceed our expectation

Good peole.

Good location.

you have to try it!
    • Suite

great rooms, very pleasant staff

2minute walk from Safeway, which was good.
    • Suite

Do not expect much about the breakfast. Limited variety of foods.

2minute walk from Safeway, which was good.

spacious rooms.
    • Business Suite

spacious rooms. all the equiment for dining in the room. supermarket in walking distance.

Enjoyed my stay.
    • Suite

Rooms were spacious and the staff were friendly.

I would recommend because of the location and very clean.
    • Suite

No staff member was at the front desk at 1:00am one night.

Location was really convenient

Everthing nice service and breakfast

Everthing nice service and breakfast

Less than new hotel, well maintained by management.
    • Suite

Less than new hotel, well maintained by management.

Good value for the price - and lots of nice details like...
    • Suite

Good value for the price - and lots of nice details like breakfast, hot-tub, parking all very well supported.

Great service with big smile at the front desk:-)
    • Suite

Great service with big smile at the front desk:-)

Very quiet hotel with good location. Recommended for business trip!
    • Suite

WiFi is terrible, disconnected all the times.

Location is good.

not enough parking

not enough parking

Hotel is good except the WIFI and air conditioner
    • Suite

The air conditioner is noisy. The WIFI is slow and not stable.

Room is big and clean.

Good

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Free breakfast.
    • Suite

The room looked clean but smelled funky.

Free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Clean and quite
    • Suite

This is so clean and quite. We would stay again.

Nice hotel in not-so-exciting neighborhood
    • Suite

Very limited cooking gear, ppl smoking in hallways near non-smoking rooms for hours

Spacious room

Great value

Clean and roomy

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Decent place,
    • Business Suite

Wifi was little patchy. This could be improved.

Daily housekeeping and breakfast.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Value for money best Hotel in Sunnyvale !

Nothing not to like.

Housekeeping is polite, front desk is courteous and everything is top notch !

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Friendly staff, spacious and clean rooms, central location,...
    • Suite

noisy ventilation system in some rooms.

Friendly staff, spacious and clean rooms, central location, free (limited) breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Nice place to stay

Wifi was inconsistent

Nicely located

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

location.

location.spacious rooms.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Help Desk staff was not friendly.
    • Suite

Help Desk staff was not friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Fantastic Find in Sunnyvale!
    • Suite

Friendly and very accommodating staff! Facilities were awesome and well worth the price. We will be back.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

it's the closest hotel near my house at this price range.
    • Suite

it's the closest hotel near my house at this price range.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Wonderful
    • Suite

I love absolutely everything about this place