Reviews of Rodeway Inn Fort Argyle Savannah 2 stars

15 Fort Argyle Road, Savannah, GA 31419, USA

#73 of 114 hotels in Savannah

Pillows
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room didnt feel fresh the blankets felt humid. The room smelled musty and the hallway smelled like smoke. Other then that everythi g good & couldnt find elevator

Pillows

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Very clean place for an excellent price!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The cleanliness was excellent, never stay here before and it was the better option available. For the price it exceeded my expectations. Definitely I will stay here next time on the area.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Good option nearby Savannah
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Definitely a good choice if you want to avoid the expensive options in the city! Good price, confortable room and not far away from Savannah downtown! Would stay there again!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

I had an excellent time. Staying again!

Nothing. Everything was great.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the room looked EXACTLY like the pictures! Checking in and out was hassle free. I would DEFINITELY stay again! I thoroughly enjoyed myself and all of the surrounding attractions.

No bugs.

Loud exhaust fan. Bad sound dampening between rooms. Grout/tile in shower needs to be cleaned with bleach solution. Sink is very low to the ground. A toilet brush in the bathroom is lacking.

No bugs. Daily restock of clean linens and coffee in the room. Attentive staff. Large refrigerator in room.

The Belgian waffles were good.

A better selection for breakfast, like bacon or sausage. A bit more space in the room would have been nice. A rug by the bed, since I hate getting into bed feeling like there's something on my feet. The carpets in the hallway were not clean. Air conditioning was loud.

The Belgian waffles were good. The staff were friendly.

Not a good value.

It was a decent hotel, that was least recently renovated, but it was done really mediocre. The room smelled damp for some reason, tile work was as sloppy as it gets, paint was chipped up and over rolled on other walls, bathroom vanity was never updated. Trash was piled in the back by a shed Overall not a great value for the money. I would probably look elsewhere if I had to do it all over again. Breakfast area was too small and never had seats.

Bed was comfortable

Great location for the price we paid.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

liked the pool, that was clean, free access to it. The room was big and beds were big and comfy, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast had many options and a separate area with tables where you can eat in peace.

Inexpensive and good location

Bathroom door rubbed on floor. Made it very hard to open. Found dead bug on floor. Bathroom needed caulking. Sink drain stuck. Plunger to open disconnected, not working. Paint on back of door chipped.

Inexpensive and good location

Good bedroom for your money

The price was correct. No complain about my bedroom. The mattress was hard but comfortable. The breakfast was nice too. Easy to find and close to restaurants and gas stations.

The place was clean witch is good for us
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not good, there were only pancake (with was not well done with some weird texture) and cereal, not a high chair of booster for children

The place was clean witch is good for us

Pitstop in Savannah
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool coukd have been a bit cleaner. Better lighting near mirrors. Laundry facilities but no option at hotel to buy detergent.

Great value for money. Breakfast was basic but good. Close to motorway, fuel & food

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Worst management

Bathroom moldy and safety hazard in the room. The younger guy at check in was nice, but the next day at check out when we expressed some serious concerns, we dealt with the absolute worst management we have ever experienced.

Seemed like a safe area and we were grateful for a place to stay in our budget. The breakfast options were good overall (except waffle was undercooked despite keeping it in the maker the full time). Sheets seemed cleaned. Other than walking through hallway and hearing people in their rooms, overall the hotel was quiet.

Nice clean comfortable hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Good breakfast. I felt safe. We felt like the staff took pride in their job. Ms. Lafeeka took care of our whole group and helped us enjoy our stay. Her recommendations for restaurants and sights to see were spot on. We really enjoyed our stay.

Best place to be if you want to see Savannah
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff is very professional. The location is perfect right next to 95. We ventured out daily the location is ideal if you want to get out or just want peace and quiet. There are many places to eat around and shopping if you desire to do that. I would surely go back.

Great location & value

Felt like I was gonna fall through the tub

Staff was super friendly! Room was super clean & comfy and the hotel itself was in a great location! Also the pool although small was great! Definitely will be staying here in the future!

I would most certainly stay there again and would recommend it to my friends.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The vending machine was a bit lacking. It didn't ruin our stay however.

Staff was very courteous and friendly. And while I held no expectations about location, it turned out to be perfectly placed for our vacation plans. Pretty much centrally located to everywhere we wanted to go. It was also very quiet. Staying there was a great experience for us.

Great value

The toilet didn't work properly, it filled very slowly so you couldn't use it after another for some time.

Excellent location, very clean and wonderful staff

Breakfast selections were tasty.

Breakfast selections were tasty. Coffee was abundant and good at any time of the day. Our room was clean, in fact we were very satisfied with out choice of motel.

For the price we paid it was worth it!

The pool was nasty and dirty, cloudy, floating towel in it from night before when 5 -6 rowdy guys were loud and poolside at dark, the hotel has been redone but cheaply. Mattress had stains on it put 2 sheets on top of it.

Bed was super comfortable, free breakfast but small, close to highway, good air conditioning

I really looooved this room.

My room was a little bit smelling cigarette.

I really looooved this room. Very clean, very quiet, we had a simple but very good breakfast with waffles, breads, butter, peanut butter, cornflakes, milk, coffee, juice, fruits, eggs etc... The staff are very nice. Thank you

Over all it was a good experience and we did well at the tournament and it was only a one night stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Could have been some meat on the breakfast. We settled for the biscuit and gravy with the eggs and my daughter said the waffle was fine. Not your fault but, it was too cold to swim. lol

The room was extremely clean and smelled fresh. The staff was friendly and helpful. Right next to the exit was great for us. We were there for the Georgia state bowling tournament. We booked our room for $129 some of the rooms were jacked up to over 150. That was a positive

Can not recommend it
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It wasn’t clean here. Smells like they were smoking weed here... The hairdryer did not work at all. Fridge was dirty. Breakfast wasn’t good.

Café was ok. AC was working.

convenience and value at a reasonable price

I stay here often. At this hotel you can park near your room door as they have several entrances. This makes it convenient. Also, I like the location as far as accessibility although there isn't much in the area other than some other hotels and a couple restaurants.

Old and disgusting motel should be torn down

Cockroaches in bathroom. Sticky/dirty floor EVERYWHERE. Filthy bathroom, with very scratched counter surfaces. Bathroom sink drain pipe not connected at all and water leaked directly onto floor. One of the secure exit doors doesn't close.

Location, comfortable bed (but pillows too thick)

Not worth the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Door to my room appeared to have been busted open then a shoddy repair job. Caulk cracked around sink. Shampoo holder in tub dirty. Brown stains dribbling down bath wall. Room in general looked cheap. Continental breakfast served in a small crowded room. Parking area out back was unkept and adjoined dirty lots. At $67 was way over priced.

Convenient to interstate and restaurants.

Okay.

Walls very thin. I was on first floor and could not fall asleep due to the people above it was not their fault walls and ceilings very thin could here everything.

Price

Pleasurable for the price.

We could hear the people above us walking, and the water from the shower didn't get as hot as we would like.

The bathrooms were very beautiful and the beds were firm but comfortable.

Good value

Nothing really I have stayed numerous times and know what to expect

Although the facility is dated and in some cases old and worn it is the best facility with the best service in the area in this price group

Comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The first floor was supposed to be a smoke free area but it reaked from the scent of cigarettes and marijuana

The property was clean and the staff I did see was friendly

I would definitely rebook if I was only staying for the weekend again

I didn’t like the bathroom. The tub had stains and it could use a deep cleaning. Also the shower head could get replaced. Other than that it was perfect.

The staff was very friendly and I loved the location. It was near a lot of food restaurants and the mall. The rooms were clean and I loved the hardwood floor. The bed was nice and soft.

Room was good, great value

1st night I was there, People were coming & going thru doors, letting the doors slam shut, knocking on doors & talking in the hallway all night til about 3:30 am. This was not the inn's fault. 2nd night was different, totally quiet.

Everything about the room & the inn were great.

Great Price, Comfortable beds, and not too far from all the attractions located in Savannah
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

After being out during the day until 2000 the first day of our visit, I had to walk all the way around the facility and have our key cards reset, as they wouldn't let us in through the back door. They also had to reset the card keys so we could get back into our rooms. Although this was a bit of a hassle, the staff handled it immediately and we were back in our rooms within a couple of minutes.

The bed was super comfortable. The shower pressure was really low, but still did the job of rinsing away the soap. I booked 2 rooms for ease of use, and they didn't charge me for both rooms and we were able to split the 2 rooms for the 2 groups of people reserving the room. It made it a lot easier than having to withdraw money from an ATM to get paid back for booking both rooms at the same time.

Even for the price, I probably wouldn’t stay here again.

The cleanliness, the bugs and the cigarette scent in my non-smoking room were awful. We kept the air and the bathroom fan on during our entire stay just to decrease the musky ashtray smell that lingered throughout the room. There were hairs and ashes on the counters and even in the drawers both in the room and bathroom. I found several bugs crawling across the floor in the room and found a couple in the tub and crawling across the shower curtain in the bathroom. The mattress was extremely firm but better than sleeping in a car. The shower looked like it hadn’t really ever been deeply cleaned. There was old dried up product on the shower walls and stains in the curves of the tub.

The location was convenient to several restaurants and the interstate. The hotel was about 20 mins away from Savannah and about 40 mins away from Tybee Island. I like that the entrance to all rooms were inside the building, however some of the enter/exit doors to the outside of the building were propped open with small rocks. It was obvious that the hotel had been renovated/repaired somewhat recently on a budget. The AC unit worked great but was very loud. Didn’t see any bed bugs either, so that’s a plus.

We stayed for three nights and overall had a good experience. The staff was wonderful.

The key system is not so reliable. The first room we were assigned to didn’t allow entry with the card, the second room worked but the following day it didn’t allow entry which took 10 minutes for the staff to reprogram. Also the plug in the bathroom had to be reset throughout the whole time I was blow drying my hair which is an electrical issue.

You can see that the hotel was recently renovated with paint and hardwood floors. Maybe the furniture as well because it’s all in good shape.

Nice, comfortable room at a great price.

My husband made a waffle for breakfast and it had a off taste like maybe the mix was not fresh. He did not eat it and threw it away.

Nice room...looked like it was recently renovated. Very comfortable. Easy access To the room from parking area. Great value.

Great value and comfy.

While clean, bathroom fan housing missing, paint job was sloppy, but didn't detract from comfort or value.

New paint and nice room. Very comfortable king bed and clean room. Very good price at $55 total.

Avoid if you can
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unfriendly staff. Bath tub clogged - staff infomed all bathrooms are like that. Room and stairs not clean as shown in pics. Pillow covers and bed sheets were not changed we got it done after checking it. Very thin walls, you can hear all going around in lobby, other rooms and parking area. Almost nothing in breakfast. The hotel is over rated for sure or has fake ratings.

Nothing much

Great value and easy access to and from Savannah GA

The bathtub was lacking a plug. Asked front desk and there was no solution.

Great value for our room! Hotel smelled and looked clean overall, bed was comfortable, and breakfast was quaint.

Great value but way too noisey!

The noise from the second floor was AWFUL. I couldn't sleep because the people in the room above us were moving things around and stomping across the floor literally all night. Started up around 8pm and was still going every hour or two until I got fed up and checked out at 5am. You could hear them over the air conditioning and it was near nonstop. Place needs some sound proofing.

Staff were friendly and check-in was easy. Conveniently located near restaurants. Rooms looked great!

bearable

The bed needed replacing.. It curves. Plumbing is loose.

Somehow there was a double booking and I was charged the more expensive one of the two by the front desk.

It was a decent stay for what we paid.

Many of the staff do not speak English well. I tried calling multiple times before we arrived and struggled to understand them. The free "breakfast is also terrible. Stale pastries that resemble packaged Hostess cakes, 2 cereals, a waffle machine, coffee and orange juice.

The rooms were nice. A lot of people complained in other reviews that the rooms were old, outdated, and smelly, but it seems like they recently upgraded the whole place. My room, although small, was clean, modern, and had decent amenities.

The staff was very friendly.

It was a very small hotel off the interstate. This made the view not so great. Also, around back, where you park, there was a wooded area. In that area there was an old shipping container, and mattresses laying on the ground. Not pretty to look at either. The hotel didn’t look like the picture on the website.

The staff was very friendly. My key stppped working a few time, and there was always someone to fix it. The rooms were very clean, and to me the bed was very comfortable. For the price, and how clean it was, I would definitely stay there again.

Happy Customer
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I liked that it was quite, clean and staff was nice. Breakfast options and coffee was good for a short stay. There was plenty of parking spaces with easy access to entry. Looks like they renovated. Bed was comfy.

Fair value for money

There was a sock in our room, the room was so damp there was condensation on the mirror and the airconditioning made the room absolutely reek of mould.

Fair value for money

Dont have any more to say
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Poor service from tony he reserved room for his friends and i couldn't get a room that night

The kindness of mr.walter on hart street in Jacksonville flan

Proximity to 95.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It smelled. Everywhere. As soon as you opened the front door a musk hits you. And it only gets worse from there. The hallway smells of damp and the bedroom smelled of old food left to spoil. We arrived at 1am fleeing a hurricane so we were happy to have a place to sleep however, never would we have chosen to stay here in normal circumstances!

Proximity to 95. And allowed dogs.

Soft beds.

Could use a deep cleaning on the carpets, behind the beds and it could use a better pest control. Small animals walking around the dressers and skin areas.

Soft beds.

Comfortable, quiet, convenience, and friendly staff.

Nothing negative to say.

This was my first visit at this hotel. I booked my reservations through booking.com. Booking.com made an error which would have charged me for two rooms instead of the one. I was not aware of this, however the hotel manager, Mr. Patel did, he stopped me and brought the discrepancy to my attention and fixed it. I was only charge for one room. This may not be big deal to some, but it is to me. Mr. Patel did not had to say anything, which showed me it is not about getting money, but making sure customers are satisfied. My double room was clean and well equipped for the price. Wifi and cable was available. The mattress was on some type of makeshift box spring but it was comfortable. I had a stove, mini fridge, iron and iron board and hair dryer in the room. I have been to hotels which considered themselves above 5 stars that do not offer all those amenities in one room. Keep in mind this in not a brand new hotel so you will see age, and from observation the staff tries to upkeep. In reference to the complaint before about construction, well before I booked this hotel I called and voiced that concern, and was told it was, but no more. When I arrived that was true; no construction. I would recommend this hotel to others and will reiterate that for the cost, location and amenities you are getting maybe a stay more than your monies worth.

The bed was comfy, room was clean & luved the phone...

The pool was very dirty had trash in it. No regular coffee in room & room had a funky smell.

The bed was comfy, room was clean & luved the phone plugs on lamps!!!

Other than that, we enjoyed our stay. Was only passing through for the night so didn't need much.

It was an easy check in and it had updated floors but the room we stayed in had only one light even though there was a hole in the ceiling along with wiring for a second one. There was an air ventilator in the bathroom that wasn't installed all the way in the wall. It was poking out a little. We stayed late August so wasn't looking forward to the pool but it was green and closed.

The floors were updated in the room and it was super cold when we checked in.

Very Enjoyable

There was no high-dive board at the swimming pool, no helicopter rides offered to tour the city, and no alligator petting zoo.

Sharon, the day/night manager was most helpful, very professional, and easy to communicate and work with, so that our stay was enjoyable and worry-free. I would stay here again.

Fantastic

Everything was fantastic I wouldn't change nothing the staff was amazing the rooms were affordable and amazing everything was wonderful and I will be staying there again

I would stay here again.

Hallways smelled a bit like cigarette smoke. The pool was not maintained I wouldn't use it. There was construction work going on but it didn't disturb me.

Impressed with all the amenities. Clean comfortable bed, TV and remote,Fridge, Microwave, coffee maker and coffee, ironing board and iron, blow dryer and a really nice breakfast bar with muffins, donuts, danishes and bread plus a hot waffle iron with batter made and ready, butter, syrup and jellies very nice!

Was pretty good stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hidden in a corner bu chair was a cup of trash when we first walked on room. The house keeping missed. I just picked up threw away problem solved😊

The bed was nice and comfy abd it was very quiet even with them woking in rooms didnt hear it. Only kbew from the stuff from it.

Don't waste your money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very outdated, smelled, not clean, bathroom were discussing. Pool area neglected couldn't use. Outside of building had old construction materials all over the property. Don't waste your money

Close to highway

Worst stay ever....please be careful and aware at this property!

The morning we checked out we killed a live roach. I didn't like the safety and security of the property. There's drug selling and prostitution going on at the property and the hotel manager is acting as if he is oblivious to what is going on. From the time we checked in until we checked out we couldn't get any rest due to the fact that the hotel guest were screaming and fighting right outside my window. I complained several times to the front desk. The young lady confronted them on several occasions. I told her to remove herself from the situation because they were getting very aggressive with her. At some point the police should have been called and I don't feel it should have been my place to do so. But with my experience that is exactly what I will do next time in that situation. This is considered a choice HOTEL....lol!

I liked the attitude of the young lady that work at the front desk. She did her best to be as helpful as possible.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Money back

The hotel was under renovations. I'm all about that but the place was a mess. The toilet wasn't bolted down the tub was disgusting. We didn't shower. The window wouldn't shut all the way. We were in the bottom floor so that was interesting. They did have a small piece of wood in the window so it couldn't open all the way. Safety first 😳 The pics that were on booking.com didn't not represent it at all. Broken windows. Trash every place. Some construction material. But lots and lots of trash. So taking the dogs out was an experience. The hotel was defiantly not ready for guests.

The bed

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Please Check the Bed before you Rest your Head!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I arrive there was a dirty ring in the bed and on the mattress. I was not pleased with my stay and it ruin my whole weekend.

The carcasion gentle men help me out by getting me new sheets and linen.

Recommended!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was clean quiet and comfortable. Very recently refurbished. The fresh fruit with breakfast was a bonus. Very good access straight in to the historic centre of Savannah

The room

Bathroom was not clean

The room

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Horrible

Everything else
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Fleas...it is a pet friendly hotel.

Everything else

good quality in relation to the price

nice staff, the opportunity to open windows, comfortable beds

Work

Very Reasonable; Great Value; Highly Recommend

for the price; nothing

great bed; good tv service; good breakfast

All is renovated and well kept in this motel

Quite far from downtown, even the road to go there is fast, it takes 15mins driving

All is renovated and well kept in this motel

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Only if no other choice

Noisy, awful breakfast, loudy AC, very close to busy road, broken WiFi

Proximity with town center

Great value!

Water pressure and shower temperature.

Comfortable bed, great staff, great value.

Very nice location and good value

Limited choices for breakfast

Location was wonderful with many restaurants nearby and staff was super friendly.

I really enjoyed my stay, I was very comfortable.

It was a bit noisy from the people up stairs from the room I stayed in.

I liked the location of the motel.

I liked it was very quite private and clean the beds are...

I liked it was very quite private and clean the beds are comfy. I would def stay again.

Clean, friendly, comfortable.

Rooms a bit small.

Very clean. Beds super comfortable. Quiet.

I liked that they accept pets.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I liked that they accept pets.