Reviews of Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Novi, MI 2 stars

21625 Haggerty Road, Novi, MI 48375, USA

#5 of 11 hotels in Novi

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Bright side of my business trip.

The staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. I got in late and was a bit of a grump and they took it in stride and l left the counter feeling better. The room was very clean and the breakfast had real fresh fruit and oatmeal with all of the fixings in addition to continental breakfast, which is a plus for me. I enjoyed the cookie when I arrived too.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Comfortable, friendly, efficient, clean and new: perfect!

Someone was vacuuming near where we were eating breakfast around 8:30 or 9 in the morning. Did not like the noise or the idea if dust being airborne while eating.

Breakfast was FANTASTIC! Those eggs!!! Very nicefacility: new, clean, comfortable. Liked the decor a LOT!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Not too pleasing!

Discrimination and unhelpful attitude. I made a suggestive need but he failed in his response to that. I am not you!!! So i can make such decision for you.

The Manager duty on my second night was so unskilled and unreasonable. It could have handled sensitive matter professionally.

We had great experience at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson in Novi, MI
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Nothing negative

Everything was great. The staff was really friendly and helpful, the location is very convenient. It is clean, with nice spacious rooms. The kids have enjoyed the pool. The breakfast was delicious and offered different meals.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Breakfasts were quite good.

Toilet paper holder was hanging by a screw. Had to ask 3 times before it was repaired. Manager actually went up and repaired it on the third time. That was nice.

Breakfasts were quite good.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The staff went the extra mile.

My pearl earring went down the sink and was visible. I told the staff upon check out. Being a weekend the maintenance guy was off. The hotel would not rent my room??? Got a call on Monday from desk. Thanks Bob for retrieving it!

Good facility and location, good staff and Great coffee

Bathtub's floor surface was dirty, I guessed because there was a 'sticky' mat down at one time and the adhesive wasn't fully removed.

We were not there very often, just a nesting spot, but it was comfortable and generally clean (my wife is an infection control nurse, so she notices things.)

I wouldn't get this hotel again

Alot of noise in the hallway early morning. Sofa bed was too close to the door. I heard all the noise and couldn't get enough sleep. I came to the hotel to relax after stressful day. I didn't get what I expected

Sofa bed was okay. But pillows, blanket were uncomfortable The property should have extra comforters while using AC in a hot humid night

Our stay was short and uneventful.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I requested and was given a handicapped room. I was happy to see a shower chair supplied but when I went to use it, the legs could not be adjusted and sat at an angle. It needed replaced, badly.

Overall fine. Price was good but the housekeeping was not great.

Room was not very well insulated from outside noise. Dead bugs in the corners and found a blood stain on the comforter.

Excellent staff and breakfast in the morning.

Nice- quick in and out for my nieces graduation- lots of driving! I appreciated the morning breakfas

Commotion at night from other customers- not your fault I understand! :( I would have liked the option of a roll away or at least couch in the room for my teen

Front lobby and breakfast- room and bed were comfirtable

Relaxing and peaceful.

Coffee and ice water available 24/7, and fresh cookies. The breakfast Buffett girl in the morning of Saturday, June 9 was very helpful and attentive. The property was very clean and neat. I want to thank the staff for a great job.

The beds was very comfortable and the housekeeping staff was...

The breakfast was nasty and cold. In my room the tub was starting to peel away at the bottom; it looked like grime

The beds was very comfortable and the housekeeping staff was very pleasant.

Sleepless and dissatisfying.

Noisey. You could hear every other person in the building. Kids running up and down the halls after 10pm. Someone was smoking a cigarette in the room Next door. I’m pregnant, all I could smell while getting ready in the bathroom was cigarette smoke. And the thermostat would not work correctly.

The building and rooms look nice.

Upgraded room for my daughter and I.

Unable to use pay per view for movies, setvice was down. Hot tub was broken. MANY screaming kids running around, very loud!!!

Upgraded room for my daughter and I. Nice breakfast in morning. Appreciate what appeared to be recent updates.

Some of the staff were very helpful but several were not.

Some of the staff were very helpful but several were not. The jets for the hot tub were not working and the woman on duty said she didn’t know how to fix and would not call maintenance to come look at it. One of the reasons we picked the hotel was for hot tub.

My 2-day stay was quiet and relaxing

Unfortunately I have to be Petty and say the garbage cans in the room are too small for takeout containers. You can also hear people going up the staircase even at three or four rooms away

The staff was wonderful very accommodating. Love those cookies... My family and I enjoyed turning their common sitting area into an escape room. It has a relaxed vibe even for those trying to escape! The breakfast experience was typical of Hotel offerings with waffles Hot and Cold Cereal fruit and yogurt. The coffee had an unexpectedly robust flavor. The beds are comfortable but could have used a couple more pillows as I recall three to each bed. The pool area stays open later than most hotels which was a definite plus

Loved everything & everyone there , will definitely stay there again!

Nothing everything and everyone was amazing

The breakfast was the best we have had in a hotel before , loved the fact that the hotel was modernized and didn’t look like a hotel , felt like home , the staff was amazing and sooo nice

Room was way too hot and I couldn't make it any cooler; tried to open the window without success. Very loud at night, I slept poorly. When I checked in, the clerk said I could access my room from an exterior door that would be closer than entering through the lobby by using my key card but the door didn't work so even though I parked closer to my room I had to return to the lobby to enter. That closer entrance had smokers congregating around it so it was noxious!

Hire better housekeepers who clean the rooms

We stayed 4 nights and our sheets on our beds were NEVER changed and our floor was never vacuumed. The sheets and floor were visibly dirty from food but we're never cleaned.

The breakfast was nice each morning. They has a little variety in their warm meal.

Breakfast was great, rooms were nice, updated.

The pool and hot tub were full of a sand or salt. It wad in piles all around the bottom of hot tub. Pool bottom was all gritty also

Breakfast was great, rooms were nice, updated.

Clean and comfy

There was a weird bit of water damage by the window but it wasnt a big deal.

It was pretty basic but nice and clean. The breakfast was really good and the attendant was great.

Great place to stay but don't have the breakfast

Breakfeast was terrible. Eggs, sausage and potatoes were like rubber... only thing that was good was the coffee and cereal.

Staff was great. Understanding with you needs and willing to help

Very pleasant 2 night stay. Room very comfortable with excellent temperature control - quiet fan.

The toasters in the buffet area are terrible - not an exaggeration! They look new but take forever to make even the palest toast. If they are under warranty, the should be replaced. Actually they should be replaced in any case.

Rooms are spacious and updated. Staff are pleasant and helpful. The lady who helped with the breakfast buffet was exceptional. She kept food supply fresh and kept used dishes removed from tables all with a smile and cheerful conversation. Quality of the food selections was good and the best waffles ever.

Comfortable and convenient

Unfortunately, as soon as we walked into our room there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke. We thought we may have gotten a smoking room by accident. When we went to the front desk, they said the whole property was smoke free. They offered us a room freshener to cover up the smell. Once you were in the room for a while you got use to the smell. Maybe it was the location of our room since we were on the ground floor by the door. The rest of the property was nice.

Property was in a good location. There are plenty of restaurant options, shopping, and gas stations nearby. The room was updated except for the actual shower. Bed was comfortable and nice big tv to lay down and relax. Breakfast had a fair assortment of hot and cold food. Staff was friendly.

Not bad for a quick stay.

It seemed very hollow. You could hear every sound made in the building. The bed was super hard and the pillows had ZERO support. I had requests on my reservation that were not met when I checked in, but they did accommodate when I brought it up. The night attendant was not too welcoming.

The entrance was very nice and welcoming. The breakfast was great, good selection. Nice hot tub.

Everything was great!

The only thing that didn't work well, was the toilet. Last morning there, it wouldn't flush right.

Everything was great! My husband hardly snored, so I could get some good sleep. Breakfast was good. Forgot my swimsuit, but pool was rather busy that weekend.

The stay was pleasant and the room was very clean.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

It seems like they would have checked to ensure that the heat was on and not cold air blowing in the room. Also the heat only goes up to 78 degrees.

The Stay during New Years Eve/New Years day overall was a decent stay, only issue that i had was the heat in the room was not getting warm. I had to contact the front desk 3 times for assistance. Also Kids running up and down the hall, i asked the front desk to investigate but it doesn't seem as if that made a difference. I am looking to get a credit of some sort on my room, waiting to hear back.

Loved my stay! Beautifully decorated hotel. Comfortable bed, great gourmet coffee,& friendly staff!

The hotel was very clean & well maintained. It offered hot Bigelow teas, gourmet coffee with fresh baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies, & fresh fruit 24 hours a day in the lobby. The breakfast offered a few low carb options like boiled eggs, scrambled eggs-which I was happy about. Yogurt, make your own waffles, fruit, & Quaker oatmeal were also options. Small pool & hot tub were also on site. Staff was very friendly during the busy Xmas rush of guests. We will stay here again on our next visit from DC when we come to visit family in Michigan. As a librarian I loved the idea of the lending book library-selections were great-they even had board books for babies and fiction for children like Magic Tree house.

The carpet had stains on it, and a stench as if someone had...

The carpet had stains on it, and a stench as if someone had just spilled soup or something before they checked out of the room. The guest services team were great with addressing the need, yet a faint smell did linger for 1st day of stay.

It was a pleasant stay,

Spa was closed, beds were a bit hard and we had no smoke detectors in out rooms.

Breakfast was good. Rooms were clean and updated. Staff was super nice.

This was 2nd visit. I'll try someplace else next time.

Whirlpool was out of order. Pipes were loud and clunky. Several attemts to reach front desk, then housekeeping, then maintenance were not answered. Attempts to request a wake up call were not answered.

Miranda was a great breakfast host.

A very good value for a very comfortable room in good condition.

The eggs at breakfast need improving, I'm not sure if they are made from powdered eggs, but the texture and flavor wasn't up to par. The eggs were the one thing out of keeping with the quality of everything else.

Very comfortable bed. Quiet and pleasant room. A reasonable variety of restaurants withing a mile or two. Easy freeway access. Nice price point for the quality.

My stay was comfortable and relaxing!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Having to leave! :( Loved my visit.

Walking into the hotel the staff was so friendly and informative. They gave us great tips as to where to eat and visit. Loved , Loved Loved the fresh baked cookies! 24 hour coffee and fresh flavored water was an extra bonus. I would go back to this hotel again!

Hotel facilities and the room were very clean and modern

The walls and windows seemed thin. Noise really travelled from neighboring rooms above and outside. Also the AC system was noisy and made it hard the sleep at night

Hotel facilities and the room were very clean and modern

Busy hotel, good place to stsy.

They only had 1 person at the desk at check in. I first came at 3:30 and stood in a line for 5 minutes that didn't move, then came back an hour later only to stand in another long line. It was at least 20 minutes before I got checked in. I believe the poor clerk did the best he could. There was a large wedding party staying at the hotel. By the time I got my turn in line, the poor guy just gave me the rehearsed information so quickly I don't remember what he said. With room number on key card packet I proceeded to my room and figured everything else out myself. He was NOT rude, nor inefficient, just needed at least 1 other person to handle the busy check in time.

Clean and modern hotel, great breakfast monitored by a friendly hostess.

Could have been really awesome but for the room temperature control issue.

The air flow situation in both of the rooms that we were in was deplorable. We were moved after the first night as it was impossible to get a comfortable temperature in the room. They moved us to a suite and that was even worse as there was no airflow in the main room but a ceiling fan which was old and made a lot of noise. The bathroom was also without airflow. We finally just gave up. All three nights were sleepless as we were either freezing or sweating. The front desk said that is was the new energy efficient climate control system.

The breakfast was a full meal instead of continental but the eggs were not good as they were powdered eggs. The hotel was well maintained and nicely updated. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The location good for our purposes. Overall the hotel was very nice and accommodating with the below exception which proved to be a deal breaker for any return for this traveler to this hotel.

At first our room was right over the entrance in the...

Maybe look into soft closing doors for the guestrooms--the doors SLAM very loudly and people are too lazy to close them quietly!

At first our room was right over the entrance in the lobby--we could hear AND feel the doors opening and closing all night! I asked to move the next day and they accommodated me no problem which was great! HOWEVER! They need to make this guest room a meeting room and/or LOCK the front doors from 11PM to 7AM or some reasonable hours so that people staying in this room aren't woken up at 5AM with thumpthump...thumpthump from the doors!!

Skip the breakfast. Enjoy everything else.

The breakfast was awful. I don't expect much when it's free, but the quality was inexcusable.

Very clean in lobby and guest room. Friendly staff.

Good price for a nice hotel but the most of the staff doesn't seem to care about doing their jobs.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a little dirt on the bathroom wall and the ceiling vent in the bedroom part of the suite was covered in dust. On the first morning, I slipped right in front of the front desk and almost feel because someone mopped the whole area but did not put out a wet floor sign. Later that evening we came back from our days activities to find that housekeeping did not clean the room. It turns out that they do not come back around if you have the Do Not Disturb sign up when they come by at 9am. So If you want service you need to either be up, showered and out by (am or know they are coming in while you are there. I have never stayed in a hotel that simply did not check back later on when they go through and clean the rooms after checkout time. These people are done and gone by 3pm, so no housekeeping after that and if you are not ready when they come by you are out of luck. I called to get towels because of this issue and after 15 minutes of waiting for them to "bring them right up," I went downstairs to the front desk to find the employee on duty standing there talking to another employee. I had to ask for my towels, and then he argued with me about how no hotel sends housekeeping up a second time and how he knows because he has "worked in hotels for 5 years". He was rude, and couldn't even be bothered to bring us new towels. Then the stack he gave us had no washcloths, and 2 shower gels and no shampoo. There was no creamer in the room for coffee and only 2 sugars for the 4 coffee packs and2 bags of tea. Had to supply myself from the stuff downstairs. There was a promotion from the hotel that if you stayed 2 nights you get a $30 amazon gift card. I only know because it was on the booking ad on booking.com....no one in the hotel told me when I checked in or when I checked out...I had to ask about it. Also didn;t find out until we were checking out that after breakfast there is a complimentary breakfast to go bag.

Nice room, and really it is a good value for the price. Loved the suits having the bedroom be separate since traveling with a teenager, and both the bedroom and the living room area had TV's so he could do his own things. Hottub was nice as well. Air worked very well, and the shower has good water pressure. The Breakfast was good but if you want the eggs to be fresh you best get there an hour before breakfast is done. The waffles were yummy though. The first front desk person was awesome.

the hotel was better in 2014 when we stayed a week. This year was a bust

we stayed two nights. Our room was not serviced, and we were disapointed. The desk was not helpful, had to ask for clean towels twice and then stand at front desk until someone went and got them. (room was so humid towels we used that morning had not dried.) The front desk was not helpful, and even a bit testy with us.

liked to breakfast.

Good and bad staff

I called to see if I could get early check in. I called at 7:03 and spoke to Cynthia. She put me on hold to see if there was anything available. I was on hold for 16 min. I had to hang up because I had to get out of my car. I decided to go to the hotel and just see. When I told her that I had called earlier and spoke to her she acted surprised. Her attitude was not very friendly. I was able to check in early and she waived the fee.

The room was nice and comfortable. It was quiet. The lady that worked over night, I'm sorry I don't know her name, was so nice! She was very helpful!

First time at this property...nice

Only noticeable flaw was a dirty drinking fountain & slightly discolored stainless brite-work in pool area.

Newly furnished & re-decorated in a clean uncluttered country / beach style with almost spotless facilities. Friendly Staff.

Nice, updated, clean rooms and facilities.

Eggs were strange, maybe boxed/artificial eggs? Shower could have better pressure.

Nice, updated, clean rooms and facilities. Nice breakfast selection.

Not the best

The bathroom and mirrors of the room were dirty upon arrival, breakfast options were not all great, and had a really hard time trying to communicate with one of the staff members. I could not get a hold of front desk multiple times because of the phone in the room and the room wifi wasnt at all good signal.

Comfortable and clean bed.

Great hotel, so so breakfast.

Maybe our timing was bad, but buffet breakfast staff was way behind the demand. Eggs were gone, fruit bowl empty, no cream cheese, and yogurt bowl empty. Breakfast room is too small for the hotel's capacity.

Newly renovated hotel, and it shows. Nice room furnishings, comfortable bed, numerous power outlets, lots of tv channels.

Nice place to stay, would come again.

The hotel sign needs a better view , it is blocked by the landscape foliage, trees. Would be helpful if it were larger. We didn't see it until we were right on it. It would be nice to have local restaurant listings available.

The breakfast was satisfying, The staff was very helpful and pleasant .

I'd stay again

Elevator was really slow and then we heard from another guest that it hadn't worked for several days. My husband was in a boot and using a knee wheeler. With our room on the 4th floor, it could have been a disaster. Breakfast was good, but crowded. Seemed short-staffed on Saturday, but she did a good job trying to keep up. Little things like no regular coffee pack in the room the first day, no sleeves for the coffee to take with us, etc. But staff that was there was very friendly and welcoming. Also guests sitting outside the first night left a real mess. It was cleaned up by mid-morning, but somewhat unsightly in the early morning. That is on those guests; not the poor hotel staff.

They seemed understaffed - housekeeping didn't ever come to our floor until very late afternoon, we put do not disturb at that point. However, we were able to get fresh coffee packs from the desk.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

My review would have been better were it not for the broken elevator.

I was disappointed to learn AFTER I checked in that the elevator wasn't working. I have bad knees and although they helped me with my luggage, had I known before I checked in I would have stayed elsewhere. I was also disappointed that I wasn't offered something for the inconvenience. I met a guy on the way down the stairs the next morning and he had been there for two weeks for business. He said the elevator only worked once in the time he's been there. Why does its take WEEKS to get an elevator repaired?

The hotel was very nice and clean and in a good location.

Unhappy with location

I was very unhappy with booking . Com.It says free cancellation and we would have had to pay over $200 to cancel this motel.This motel was way miles from our family.Also, our bed was not made the next day.

The breakfast was fair.Everything was neat and clean.

You won't find a nicer hotel in this area for the cost. Outstanding value!

Parking was problematic due to the fact the parking lot was being repaved. It was completed during my stay and it ultimately wasn't an issue.

The newness of virtually everything in this hotel including bedding, linen, furniture, etc. the decor and colors have been tastefully selected. I have paid much more at hotels that don't come close to the attractiveness and pleasantness of the ambience. Personnel were quite friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

The staff is so rude and unprofessional

The staff

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Comfortable, spotless, super friendly staff!

Nothing- it was very nice

Comfortable, spotless, super friendly staff!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Room was great

Shower was only average

Room was great

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Ok

Carpet was dirty, and bathroom tile wasn’t as clean as it should have been.

Affordable

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

It was clean.

The staff at the reception were not friendly. Bed was not comfortable.

It was clean.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Very clean, excellent breakfast (one of the best I have ever...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location is not walking distance to the Mall

Very clean, excellent breakfast (one of the best I have ever had at a hotel).

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Very nice room for the price paid.

Very nice room for the price paid. Comfortable bed and great service. Everything was clean and met if not exceeded expectations.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Quietest a/c unit ever!

The furniture was really badic

Quietest a/c unit ever!!!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Friendly staff, clean and rooms were very nice.

The buffet was ok, I have had better.

Everyone was very friendly and it was a nice breakfast

Everyone was very friendly and it was a nice breakfast

The breakfast was awesome!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The breakfast was awesome! Free chocolate chip cookies!

I booked online and got to the property and they said they...

I booked online and got to the property and they said they were booked! then I see they charged my card. SMH come on dude!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Loved the stay here

Wifi is not stable. Little far from supermarkets

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Comfortable bed and clean room.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Water pipe was being repaired so we didn’t have water for several hours.

Comfortable bed and clean room. Also, a good complimentary breakfast

Safe

Toilet plugged not much pressure in shower

Safe

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Good hotel near Detroit airport

Great service, big and clean rooms

Good stay exept for door issue

Entrance door to room would not latch shut unless pulled shut. ( Was left open after room cleaned one day of 4 day stay )

Cleanliness

Close to dverything

Close to everything

Close to dverything

I booked two queen beds and was given a king with a pullout.

I booked two queen beds and was given a king with a pullout. II was not refunded for the extra money I paid for that room.

We switched rooms and had another person walk in on us

TV kept cutting out ,satellite. And ice machine didnt work.

Breakfast was very good

very pleasant stay

staff glassware for breakfast cleanliness

swimming pool had way too much chlorine. could not swim as it was irritating eyes.

Awesome

Everythung was great

Breakfaat was awesome!! Staff very friendly. Definitely will stay again

I would stay again!

I like the price and the beds were very comfortable.

general maintenance of the elevator and building overall.

general maintenance of the elevator and building overall.