Reviews of Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Savannah Airport, GA 3 stars

21 Yvette Johnson Hagins Drive, Pooler, Savannah, GA 31408, USA

#67 of 135 hotels in Savannah

Poor condition

The floors in the room were filthy and the curtains were also in poor shape. The bathroom Curtains were extremely short making the floor wet.

Breakfast was up to or for a cheap hotel.

Puke on the wall by the bed headboard in the first room. I left a sign for housekeeping so they will not ignore I this time. I Switched to new room and discovered a lack of a shower curtain. I went to the front desk and was handed one to install myself.

Breakfast was up to or for a cheap hotel.

would highly recommend this hotel

The receptionist was above and beyond, she was there night and day for our stay and could not have been more helpful and friendly. Sorry but don't know her name but she was the best. She should be commended for her great service.

3.5
    Savannah get away!

Too Noisy. Group camped out in the Breakfast Area for two days and nights until 11:30 pm. Very noisy. The noise radiated the hall-way and rooms on the first floor. No peaceful rest. Front Dest offered a insincere apology. There are choices in Motels and I will remember my experience at Country Inn & Suites.

Nothing but the location.

S7
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

One girl at front desk was rude.

The omelets, red potatoes and sausages at breakfast were an extremely nice option. The rooms were really nice, front desks girls were great. There was one though, that didn't acknowledge guests walking in though entrance, I thought she was rude.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Enjoyed our stay and would recommend.

Only concern was the room was not thoroughly cleaned and inspected. There was debris under the bed. Also, the rubber door stopper in the bathroom was broken off exposing the screw.

Enjoyed the location, easy access from the airport and loads of places to shop. Hotel was far enough from the expressway that it did not bother us. The people were great and very inviting. Breakfast was great and had a nice variety.

good hot breakfast.

good hot breakfast. Rooms comfortable and clean. nice pillows and tv. staff were warm, friendly and competent. Highly recommended. Better than the much more expensive Hyatt just across the road

My overall stay was great. I will definitely stay there again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The ironing board needs attention

This property is easily assessable to the airport and to the mall. Moreover, breakfast was great as each day they prepare something different. Staff are very welcoming.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Worse guest experience I have ever had

Booking does weird math to calculate the reviews, but I would give my stay at this hotel review a 2 if I could. We had a pretty bad experience at this hotel. We had made a reservation for 2 rooms for 3 nights. We arrived late on a Wednesday evening, checked in at the front desk, and they gave us keys to both rooms. The next day, early in the morning we get a call stating that there had been a mistake and apparently the third party site (booking.com) had double booked our reservation and that one of the reservations turned up like a no-show the night before. They asked if I would like to cancel the extra reservation and I said yes (thinking I had 4 rooms in my name instead of 2). We went out for the day and when we returned in the evening we find out that rooms had not been cleaned. After visiting the front desk, they tell us our reservation for one of the rooms had been cancelled because we had approved the cancellation after we didn't show up to check in the night before. I was very surprised by this. It took a long conversation to make the hotel manager realize that there had been a mistake at check in from someone at the front desk, because how would we get keys to both rooms if we didn't check in to both of them? And second, the words chosen to communicate the cancellation option earlier in the day had not been clear. I was surprised with the information that was provided to me, the manager did not offer any options, when we questioned what the hotel would do to help us, she just said that she was not the one that had made the mistake and that we needed to leave because the room had been assigned to someone else. When I got upset, and I kept very respectful, I did not scream, or make a scene, or was violent, or aggressive, I was just surprised by the lack of responsibility and empathy, the manager said that she would be forced to call the police. I was very offended by this reaction.

Coffee was okay

The best customer service EVER from Cassandra she went out...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The best customer service EVER from Cassandra she went out of her way to make sure all our needs were met ...I would stay here again in a heartbeat just because of her!! We had an early flight she made sure we had a shuttle all set...a bagged breakfast cause we were leaving so early..we had to swap rooms . No problem..forgot my cane at the deskshe ran it up for me...she took us to our place for dinner snd back..always with a smile!

Comfortable, excellent breakfast, dated decor but overall great value.

The only negative was arriving at a room that was not ready. It was inconvenient to then have to go to another room- especially since it was midnight and we were tired.

The breakfast was excellent! Great value. Comfy beds.

Not good

The front desk rep not good welcoming. The swimming pools had a very strong Clorox smell that it burnt my eyes. The Jacuzzi water was not clean. The bathroom shower was no clean. The breakfast didn't have many options, not even bacon.

Great location near everything

Good place to stay while passing through

Bathroom could be a little cleaner. We also found a random pill on the ground. Luckily we found it before our 3 year old did

Bed was comfortable, staff was friendly

I thought I was spending enough money to have a restful evening after traveling, but I was wrong.

No sound proofing in rooms. We were woken up 3 times during the night by very loud guests in rooms next to and/or below ours. Air conditioner was loud too, but at least it drowned out the noise from the rowdy people around us.

Breakfast was good & convenient. Beds were very comfortable.

The stay was Awesome, I will make reservations there again.

There was a report that music was loud, but you can't hear anything standing outside the door, because I tested it about 5 times or more. There was a prejudice customer that was trying to intimidate my kids. A/c wouldn't cut off while in off command room 107.

The breakfast was Awesome!! The bed and pillows was very soft like heaven. The high ceilings. Very clean place.

Hotel is in a great location

The scrambled eggs were egg patties. I was in the room next to the kitchen so the noise level from there was evident very early to prepare the food. Next time I would request a room away from the kitchen.

Coffee was good with a nice variety. Sausage was tasty. There was a nice variety of food available to give guests options.

Convenient location near Savannah Airport. Lovely staff, friendly atmosphere and excellent rooms.

The only thing was that paint was peeling badly off the walls in the bathroom.

We loved this hotel. Excellent location near the airport. Delightful staff who drove us to find dinner, offering to take us anywhere within a five mile radius of the hotel and delivering us very early in the morning for our flight. The room was clean and comfortable, the facilities excellent.

Overall facility was good, room was clean with the above noted exceptions.

Signs of mold around bathtub; shower curtain too short, allowing water to get onto floor. Our room was close to elevator and housekeeping room; quite noisy.

Many of the reviews cited very good breakfast; I found it rather ordinary, not at all impressive.

Too many cons, will not return and don't recommend

very tiny pool, laundry room (didn't have change machine and only 1 washer and 1 dryer), breakfast eggs were watery, and mixed fresh fruit wasn't fresh

Too many cons: very tiny pool, crowded and very noisy, breakfast eggs were watery, fresh fruits weren't fresh, no change machine for us to use for the washer and dryer and desk clerk was unhelpful when asked if they had any change, she was also not friendly when we checked in. Room was dated but bed was comfy enough for sleeping. Will not return and do not recommend .

It was fine for the 7 hours we stayed. We would stay there again and would recommend it.

The room was fine. There wasn’t much in the way of a blanket or comforter. The hotel was clean but seemed a little dated.

We checked in very late and the woman who greeted us was friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was good. The staff was friendly.

It was adequate

I found the bed a bit lumpy. You could feel the bed springs through the foam top pad. The hot breakfast was not very good. The egg offering was hard, dry and overcooked. The fruit a bit old.

Bad
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The condition of the room was poor for the money, The paint job especially in the bathroom looks like a six year old did it. Under the sink there was a nasty looking hole around the sink drain that was black, perhaps mold. On the inside off the main door the wall had extremely poor painting done. Overall we paid too much money for the poor condition of the room. We will never stay at this name motel again.

Good choice for value.

Bed: Duvet did not come up to our shoulders; only the sheet. Air freshener: Room freshener was overdone; almost asked for another room.

Good price for quick night on the road.

Probably won't stay again

No real seating outside a desk chair. Walls were very thin - heard the ppl having a convo in the next room, after 1 night tissues didn't get replaced even though empty, no towel rack to hang wet towel

Bed was comfortable, room was clean

Great hotel in a nice area with plenty of restaurants and shopping.

The room was next to breakfast area so it was very noisy. I prefer top floor not facing the wooded area but it seems the hotel was pretty full or so I was told.

The rooms were nice and most importantly the bed was comfortable.

I will NEVER stay at a Country Inn and Suites.

The room had an old mildew smell and the carpet smelled old and damp. The curtains were dirty also. I booked a double queen and the beds were actually full-size. The room was very small and cramped, definitely will NEVER stay at a Country Inn and Suites. Paid $140 just to be disappointed.

Traveling the I-95

Sound transmission from floor 2 floor

Very convenient to I-95 and a host of wonderful shops in restaurants very friendly and courteous staff. Had a minor issue and staff handle it immediately to my full satisfaction.

A place we would stay at again if in the area.

Clean, clean! Bed was comfortable, nice bathrooms. Enjoyed our quick stay there. The entire staff were polite, and friendly. Location, right off interstate, convenient.

The first button should have said Poor , worst hotel we’ve stayed at. Filthy

In need of renovations ( the ones that have been done are of poor standards ) Dryway pieces - mudded everywhere - pool example . The hot tub / pool facilities were really dirty and I’ve been in warmer ponds than your hot tub . The eating area along all the boards had caked in food for weeks , spills from days ago on the floors , the front lobby was so cold we have to get blankets from our car to sit out there . The staff didn’t know what was open in case on the state emergency . We went to everything they told us and it was all closed . The rugs in our room has gum ground into the carpet at 3 spots , the faucets in the bathroom were not polished and dirty , hair in the tub . We’ve been travelling for 2 weeks and this was the worst hotel yet . Stayed at Cambrian suites last night for same price and it exceed our expectations . Stay there yourself bro compare . Staff was smiling and happy and helpful ,

Subpar hotel.

Staff not welcoming on arrival. The room was dirty, REALLY dusty behind the bed, the night stand and doorways. Multiple cracked tile on the bathroom floor.

The location was perfect off the interstate and with restaurants close by.

Satisfied with facilities, but no receipt and no breakfast all week will deter me in the future.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Room was nice, coffee was always hot and ready, the liquid creamer was a good selection to have out.

I did not receive a receipt as requested. Breakfast was not ready in time, at least need to have pastries, bananas, or yogurt for the early rising business customers to grab and go. I understand the hot food takes time.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel

The food was intolerable. We ended up eating somewhere else. You may want to consider changing your kitchen staff.

The hotel was excellent and I will be booking there in the future

We arrived late and left early so the negatives were not unbearable.

I think the walls are not well insulated. The room next to us had their TV on well into the night making it nearly impossible for me to sleep. The floor of the tub looked like it needed a good scrubbing.

The room was beautiful and the bed comfortable. We were on the main floor close to the breakfast room. Breakfast had a wide variety of choices. The shuttle took us to the airport in the morning with nearly no waiting.

Staff very knowledgeable, professional & friendly.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff very knowledgeable, professional & friendly. Hotel is right off 95 near Savannah Airport & is close to large malls & variety of excellent restaurants. Stayed here on numerous occasions traveling to & fro NY & Fl. 5 stars in all categories. Terry & Cathy

Wonderful staff in a great facility.

Bed was a little soft, but not terribly so.

Facility is well maintained and clean. Even the smell is good as you enter the premises. But the staff is the real gem here, especially Kelli. Great attitude and warm engaging professional bearing. Very reasonably priced.

The hotel was easy to check in and out.

The hotel was easy to check in and out. It was nice and clean. The bed was comfy and the room was nice and cool. Just the way I like it. Breakfast was very good with lots of choices. One morning we had omlets, sausage, and breakfast potatoes. You could also choose cereal, waffles, muffins, fruit or yogurt. The staff was very friendly and even asked us if we needed our room cleaned on the second day of our stay. The house keeper happily gave us extra towels, soap, and shampoo. The hotel is in a great location with lots of nice restaurants and shopping nearby. It was a great place to stay. I would definitely stay again and it had one of the best prices in the area.

Wonderful facility! We usually don't stay in Savannah, on our way to Asheville, but will keep in min

We were returning to Florida, after Irma. Really enjoyed our stay after dealing with the traffic on the two-lane I-95 in South Carolina. Departed too early to enjoy the breakfast, but I know it was just what we would have enjoyed.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and I would stay again.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I did not like the lobby of the hotel, needs some updating... looks dingy, a splash of color would brighten it up some. Also there were so many lizards 🦎 outside and around hotel. The pillows were not great, they got flat, no support.

The room were very nice, spacious and clean. Staff was very friendly.

During our two night stay, we found 2 roaches in our bathroom. There was cereal near the bed and the bathroom tub wasn't so clean (we cleaned ourselves). Great pool but the hot tub wasn't clean---dark water.

I cannot believe you can charge people for this

The paint was peeling, the curtains would not shut, the staff was so loud that we were woke up at 6:00 am, the shampoo, condition and lotion were on a half of bottle so I think were there from the last customer.

I really can only say that they were polite.

Pooler Ga Hotel ---great location to shop at Tanger Outlet

I felt like from the time I walked in I needed to use a Clorox Wipe on all the surfaces of the hotel room . The gym equipment is outdated .and didn't feel clean or properly maintained .. . the carpet in the building needs to be replaced ( I've stayed there 3 times in 3 years) ... the Lobby furniture was worn and depressing .. there were stains on the door interior of the room I had to wipe off myself .. there was a nasty mark on the wall next to the window .. the draperies don't close well enough to block outside light

Incredible air conditioner ...Spacious bathroom .. comfortable bed .cold big refrigerator.. helpful staff with pleasant attitudes.. breakfast was edible if you like coffee and cheese grits ( real cheddar cheese) the other food was not to my taste .. Checkout was a breeze and desk staff was very friendly

Fell short!!

We were on our way to visit friends in NC and I wanted to book room on our way back the following Friday but the price for the same room almost doubled so I looked elsewhere. I could see a little more but double was a bit much!! Wasn't worth almost $200 a night!!

Breakfast was good eggs, bacon, potatoes staff kept trays of food filled bagels, muffins and toast! Enjoyed the night we had there.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Could have been worse.

The first room which was 302, and it had a roof leak the first night we stayed. The staff relocated us to room 320. My thought process was that that room should have never been assigned to us! Gotta do better than that management!!!!!

AC very cold!

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Quick overnight stay

Everything was fine!

Wide selection of breakfast items. Easy on/off access to I-95. Appreciated the emails confirming our stay. Close to alot of good restaurants and shopping.

Wife's birthday stay!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool area was a little dated.

Well the room was spacious for a family of four. The king bed was super comfy! The pull out sofa bed was neat and clean and the kids slept like babies! The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Very nice location. We will stay at this hotel again!

Go elsewhere

Not the cleaniesst. Don't plan on watching TV in room. Awful reception No one waited on me for 15 minutes at front desk upon arrival.

Breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Unsatisfied
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The noise you could hear everything. I had to call the front office during my stay and complain about the noise and the people above me. I was very dissatisfied and the amount of money I paid to stay there. I was not well rested Unhappy!!!

The location was good because u had access to shopping and restaurant

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

The cleanliness of the room was superior to most.

One staff member was a little off color with his choice of topics.

The cleanliness of the room was superior to most. The breakfast was great. Staff is friendly and helpful.

A beautiful trip!

The breakfast was not satisfactory to my significant other but I found it to be convenient and sufficient enough. I wish the fitness room had more to offer. Also, it would have been nice to have a curtain for the shower so that water didn't go everywhere.

The bed was very comfortable and both me and my boyfriend found the room very accommodating. The bedroom was nice and it felt clean and spacious. It was only a few minutes from restaurants and we had easy access to Hilton Head Island as well as Savannah from the hotel. I would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Once was enough
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The facility was I'll kept and poorly maintained. The heater blew cold air. The first room (Joy reassigned my room after the first night) looked as though it had not been swept. It actually felt filthy. The elevator's emergency light was flashing and the elevator was rickety.

Not much. The only bright spot was the desk clerk, Joy.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Close to the airport.

We left before the breakfast was available...maybe a grab & go bag which is offered by other properties.

Close to the airport. Friendly, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Very disappointing
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Side door would not open with card. Even after attempted repair still did not work. Tv reception non existent after first day. Breakfast gravy was just flour and water with pepper. In other properties of Carlson the gravy has been wonderful

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Not as advertised

No shuttle service when our flight arrived atv11:30pm.not as asvertised

I booked this hotel because of shuttle service by when we checked in when our flight arrived at 11:30pm there was no Shuttle. I have a receipt for x Cab fare and plan to write corporate for refund. I may or may not stay here again

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Comfortable and met my needs to get to the airport timely
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No mat in tub to prevent slipping, stopper in tub didn't work so water collected as I was taking a shower, carpet needed cleaning.

The breakfast was outstanding! Room was spacious and comfortable.

Pissed

The first problem I had is when I called the front desk and ask for the Wi-Fi password. I was told by staff they didn't know what I was talking about. Later on I was able to get it from a different staff member. Then the nighttime staff watching the television In the dining area, I felt like I was at the movies. Staff on their cell phones outside of my window at 1am talking loud. Ive only complained about one other hotel stay and that was in Saint Augustine Florida I found a drug needle in the room. So for me to complain about this place that should tell you it was not a pleasant stay. Oh yeah I forgot about the people snoring in the room next to me. I think the walls are made out of cardboard. And anybody that wants to question this I've got video proof that that place sucks

Nothing really stood out

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Overall great value.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Carpet in my room had, what looked like, nail polish stains and needs to be cleaned or replaced. Otherwise it was clean.

Great location. Close to restaurants and shopping, but located in a less congested easily accessible area. Helpful staff. Cleanliness was good. The free breakfast is nice and convenient. Overall great value.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

We were there during hurricane Matthew.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

We were there during hurricane Matthew. The staff worked very hard with a limited number. They could not have been better. Cheerful and very helpful. Congratulations to all of them

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Would stay again
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Asked for a room on the highest floor away from the highway. Was told upon arrival that we could not have this due to a large tour group that had just arrived. Spent all night listening to someone stomping across the floor above us.

Excellent customer service and breakfast staff

Nice quiet rest.

Room had a sofa and chair as well as comfy bed. Quietest hotel! Extra friendly and helpful staff.

friendly, convenient to airport, complimentary shuttle and...

room smelled a bit musty

friendly, convenient to airport, complimentary shuttle and easy parking

Happy stay.

H

Location close to freeway and restaurants
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Not as clean and facility could use some updates and TLC

Location close to freeway and restaurants

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Comfortable

Pool area. I was expecting more. Picture on site , looks better than it is

Did not eat egg

There was a leak in our room #217

There was a leak in our room #217

The room and bathroom were clean and the beds were...

The room and bathroom were clean and the beds were comfortable and the location was good

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Very clean.

Very clean. Easy access off the interstate

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Nice and clean hotel

Nice and clean hotel

Convenient and close to airport,

The woman who was on duty when I checked in was great, very friendly and very helpful!

Front desk was very friendly

Not much

Front desk was very friendly

It was an OK stay in Savannah, GA.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Pool was very cold. Indoor pool.

Bed was comfy, food was good.

I would stay again. It wasn't the staff's fault.

Other guest were loud and very rude. Didn't get the $25 gift card for booking for 3 nights.

Bedbugs!!!!

BEDBUGS!!!! I got assaulted by bed bugs in my sleep!

The breakfast was good
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The room had up old smell to it, and could not close the curtain.

The breakfast was good

Everything was great

It was dirty and disgusting....we also got a room that someone was already in

Alot