Reviews of Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Miami (Kendall), FL 3 stars

11750 Mills Drive, Kendall, FL 33183, USA

#6 of 10 hotels in Kendall

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View - Non-Smoking

I found the difference in price for each night to be unusual.

The eggs and the rest of the breakfast were delicious. Loved the fruit too. The beds were very comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful.I

I called 4 x to find the location of the hotel. GPS took me to Caretta restaurant. I then drove into the mall and called - The hotel staff left me on hold and when I told them where I was they said in wrong place I called 3 additional times

Perfect for the price. They ran out of lobby cookies. 2 days with no cookies. They also run out of hot water and don't refill at the 24 hour hot tea and coffee in the lobby. They sent me to a hot water dispenser by vending that was broken.

Very clean. Safe. Comfortable beds. Quiet. Professional staff. Cookies in the lobby. Shopping and entertainment plaza next door. Nice pool.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping knocking at the door. Housekeeping were insistant that they needed to clean in the morning, last day they almost caught us sleeping.

Location. Staff very helpful and kind.

THEY NEVER CLEAN MY ROOM. I TALKED WITH OLGA(maid) AND TOLD HER THAT WE ARE GOING TO HAVE BREAKFAST,AND WE WILL RETURN TO THE ROOM,THEN SHE CAN CLEAN THE ROOM. AFTER 15 MINUTES WE RETURNED AND LEAVE THE HOTEL FOR THE DAY. SHE NEVER RETURNED TO THE ROOM.

BREAKFAST WAS VERY GOOD

breakfast is complicated... lacks protein, you will mostly find carbs and sugar products. the restaurant is quite small, had to wait at the line for a free table. paper plates, plastic forks, etc etc. it is in line with a 90 dollar hotel but not 145. overpriced.

it fits its purpose. needed to spend one night close to my sister's house and the hotel meets this requirement. it is expensive for what it offers but its clean, the size of the rooms are ok and the bed is good enough. worths 90 dollars but not 145.

Were surprised that on breakfast instead of fresh fruit like you'd expect in the Sunny State, they were out of a jar. Interior in the room appeared a bit aged. Especially the bathroom. The basin area did stand out as if it was more recently renovated than the rest of the room. None of this will prevent from return stay if in the area.

Breakfast was liked a lot, and not at all overcrowded despite so many rooms in the hotel. The room was really well equipped: safe, iron, AC, drawers, coffee-maker. Water cooler in the corridor where you could actually obtain hot water ANY time of day - a luxury that is not so common in Florida as you may discover. Located walking distance from a supermarket and other outlets. Literally, we checked. Parking is free and plenty of space. In the morning traffic in the area is not so congested can easily get out to whatever part of Miami you need. We made it to the Zoo Miami right for the opening hour. Getting back after PM be prepared for heavier traffic on the roads. A hotel which would be considered for a return stay easily.

There is nothing I didn't like .

This property was immaculate inside and out. Super friendly staff. Room service was outstanding. Close to grocery store,restaurants, just very well centered. Recommended by a very picky person

Only one elevator.

Room was clean and everything worked. Microwave and spacious refrigerator Staff was able to extend my stay at a busy time. Didn’t just tell me it would be impossible

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking lot is extremely small & did not have an over flow section so we parking at the shopping center & walked to the hotel after dinner

The staff was amazing..!!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was a little small. Some electrical outlets wouldn’t hold a plug in properly.

Breakfast had a three hour window. Staff was very friendly. Location was in between my multiple destinations.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View - Non-Smoking

Nothing to recall, great stay. Breakfast tables may get little busy at peak hours and not so much space around, but was acceptable and common to the hotel category.

Location is great being at a local Mall and many dining places around. We choose it as base for Miami day trips after returning from Key West. We rented a car and parking was complimentary, worked well. Wifi in room worked very well (ground floor). Good american breakfast with hot and cold dishes/beverages - fruit, yogurt, juices, granola, eggs, sausage, tortillas coffee/hot cocoa/tea and highlights to the self service waffle machines (really above average). Nice touch is the hot water, tea and coffee on hallway all night, which is good as a refreshment when arriving late before going to the room. Room amenities and equipments handy (desk, tv, fridge, microwave), good point is to have the sink in room, but outside the WC (which is kind of common in Europe) and gives flexibility when traveling with family when WC is being used. Staff was very nice and courteous.

When we arrived to our room, there was a strange odor from the restroom. We flushed the toilet and the water began to overflow. Upon alerting the staff, they informed us they were at capacity and there was nothing they could do for us, maintenance would not be back until the next morning to fix the problem. The solution they suggested was that we were welcome to use the lobby bathroom. Our room was no longer suited for us to stay. Because of the unsuitable conditions we had to switch hotels in the middle of the night.

The only thing that caught us by surprise was that one of the rooms we booked did not have a living area, even though this has become a standard for Country Inn & Suites

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff called prior to stay to donwgrade one room due to plumbing issue. We arrived late, 11pm and the bathroom door was locked in standard double queen guestroom. Called front desk and the had no maintenance or staff to assist. Did not have another room to change us to and did not offer any other type of assistance. Upon check out spoke to manager, he advised they are not full service hotel and do not have maintenance on-site from 4pm to 7am. Offered discount on room for $30. This hotel should be advertised as not being full service.

Suite with two queens is spacious. Walk-in distance to shopping and restaurants.

That was my 4rd time there. Awesome place! My preferred hotel in Miami. Around a lot of stores, pharmacy, supermarket, bakery, restaurants, fuel station. The hotel offer all do you need. Free parking, an excellent breakfast, swimming pool, confortable rooms and an awesome crew. Simply perfect!

Awesome! That was my 3rd time there. The hotel is fantastic, the place is excellent, the rooms are confortable. There're some stores around the hotel to shopping, dinner. Supermarket, pharmacy, bakery and a lot of restaurants. Simply the best place to stay in Miami. Near the Dadeland Mall, Dolphin Mall and the road to Orlando and Fort Lauderdale.

Some small towel racks needed,had to place somewhat used hand towels on counter, and the eggs were tasteless. Were these eggs?

Very clean, friendly and helpful staff. The bed was great, and site was beautiful. Love the continuous coffee and tea. The site and the waterside walkway are beautiful.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Zenith Tv's from 15 yrs ago. No soy d insulation. Heard every hallway conversation all day and night.

Location. Walking distance to shopping and restaurants

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View - Non-Smoking

This hotel has no hold-on grips for the shower. As a result, whwn I took a bath, I couldd´nt get out of the tub and stayed there until the rescue people came to pull me up and out. To me, this is a disgrace and the staff just ignored it. Luckily I had my companio to do the calling. It´s a fine place, fine location, but I´ll never return to such a place that is so poor that it can´t afford safety handle for a bathtub

Hotel offers coffe and hot water 24 hours, however in the night past 10 pm there is no water or coffe availiable. In addition, people in charge of cleaning the facilities were not available late at night, so the coffee station was not full clean, I found some napkins at the floor, dirty glasses, sugar and coffe over the table... is not good to find this kind of surprises.I'm pretty sure that the hotel can improve this.

Great location! Personal were very kind and willing to help. Recommended.

I liked everything about the hotel. It was one of the best so fast in our getaways. It was clean, big rooms, excellent breakfast, lots of friendly staff, and close to restaurants, shopping, and more. As school teachers when we can get away for a few days, we take it. Thanks for all that you do. This is one vacation we will remember for a long time.

Even that the property it was well maintained I noticed that the mirror in my room (at the entrance ), it was kind of blurry . I know that it takes time to renovate , but I consider a priority.

My brother had been in this hotel Previously . I gave a try for a getaway and the service it was good. The room was clean and neat and the the staff were Courteous and always aware of your needs. The breakfast area provided an excellent service. Pool area it was clean as well .

Location was everything, walking distance to stores and great restaurants. In some restaurants you get 10 percent off if you show them your room key. Overall great ! 30 minutes from downtown Miami which was perfect.

The elevator was shaky, making people feel like it would get stuck. The hallway rugs can use cleaning in reagrds to smell.

I enjoyed the staff, and location if the area

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

I didn't like the breakfast and stuff should be much nicer to their guests.

The room was clean and comfortable. But the breakfast was terrible, was not fresh and very limited food provided. Also, we didn't get any greetings from their staff when we in and out during our staying.

The hotel is starting to show its age. Needs to be freshened up. Cracked tiles around pool area and rooms need to be updated. A little far from the airport.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Liked that it was near a mall with restaurants. Rooms were clean. Nice that breakfast was included.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

If you stay more days you will get repetitive breakfast, this is everywhere but it can be improved ;-)

Very clean and well positioned including free parking.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View - Non-Smoking

I changed credit cards once I arrived to the facility and I was credited back the next day. However, on the day of my check out the initial card was charged again. I thought it would be fixed by Monday and it was not. I have tried calling the hotel directly 10 different times with in the matter of 30 minutes and no one answered the phone.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View - Non-Smoking

No Jacuzzi. Breakfast ends to early during the week and would of liked paper plate to take food to room and eat.

The location. The shops that were close by. The clean room daily.

TV remote was not working as it should, elevator could be slow at busy times, breakfast dining area a bit small, need more seating area. Bathroom did not have a separate fan

Staff was friendly, acknowledged your presence with eye contact. Decor was pleasant, clean, updated, breakfast set up was well organized. Clean surroundings; rooms, halls, breakfast area, entrance, lobby, elevator . Room 311 was quiet with all the necessary amenities. Cleaning staff was professional looking with uniforms, courteous, smiled upon eye contact. they did a good job with room supply re-replenishment. Bathroom had good fixtures, toilet quiet, shower head good pressure & spray range. Breakfast dining area is a sunny glass enclosed area overlooking outside greenery surroundings, nice way to start the morning. could also go outside and sit on benches [no tables]

would prefer the mirror in the wash room not facing me when i am on the throne;-)

excellent hot breakfast! and there is also a microwave to warm up leftovers from the last evenings dinner. choices of coffee, and fruit superb. staff are friendly, and helpful. clean, lots of pillows, and loved that the lamps have outlets for our devices.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Couldn't get the AC off of "Auto" mode. AC kept turning on and off which wake us up every so often. This is why my Facilities rating was a notch below excellent.

Friendly Staff, environment.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Walls are pretty thin so you can hear every person walking down the hall. Best to keep TV on while you sleep

Location is central with restaurants close by.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

No major issues except I had a tough time with the TV as I was only able to view few channels? I am sure if this was important to others they just would need to call the front desk. Overall both thumbs 👍👍 Up.

Room was a top shelf room. Clean spacious

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom has noticeable amount of wear.

Located adjacent to shopping center, spacious suites, breakfast included and courteous staff. Queen Suite has two beds in bedroom.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room service never did my room and I spoke to front desk about having them make the room. I left hotel at 11 am and when I returned at 7pm no beds were made in the suite and no clean towels nothing. And I was suppose to have visitors that night. I was so pissed and when I told them about it they did nothing to compensate and told me it was a communication error. That same night the light switch wasn't working to shut off a light with a dimmer and I callled front desk and he said he wouldn't call me back. I waited 10min only to call him back. He said once more he is trying to figure out how he cab help me and he would call me back. I once more had to call him and he said he was still working on my request. Never called back so I spent the night with the light on. Imagine having to sleep with a bright light over your head all night long.

It was close to a lot of things. Nightlife activities, shopping, restaurants, were all in the same area.

Crowded area around hotel. We were able to walk to restaurant nearby for dinner but a little complicated to get there. Also poor lighting between hotel and restaurants.

Nice hotel overall. Comfortable and no problems with checking. Just there one night so not a lot we can say about it.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Not a thing. Very clean and great rooms

Location was great with stores and restaurants right next to the hotel. Staff was great and went out of their way to help with any request. we will definitely stay here again .

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View - Non-Smoking

The elevator is noisy and jerks too hard when stop on the second floor.

It was close to and within walking distance to some of my favorite shops and dinning places,the outside is beautiful for taking pictures. I would rate 9.plus out of 10. Marc

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Great customer experience from check in to check out will definitely will stay at this property in the future (thanks to the front desk Daniela for the early check-in and to accommodate my travel plans...

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

The one thing that my boyfriend and I did not like was the fact that breakfast ended so early (10:30 AM). Usually, we have stayed at hotels where the breakfast is until at least 11:00 AM. By the time he and I headed down to the lobby for coffee and a quick bite to eat, everything had been cleared.

What my boyfriend and I enjoyed most about this hotel was the overall cleanliness. The room was immaculate, and it exceeded our expectations. Not only did the room, hallway, and lobby appear to be clean, it smelled clean! Most of the time you can tell when the hotel staff just does the bear minimum. However, this was not the case for this hotel. Overall, great experience for us, and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Have nothing bad to say, I enjoyed the experience

I enjoyed the staff, I had an issue with my key not working they sent somebody right up and handled the situation right away.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Placing us in the very end of the hallway next to the exit, hskp office and near the breakfast area. You will hear everything, like when someone is closing the door. And early morning when they are preparing the breakfast stuff. But its only one night. Everything else is good.

We love the location, very close to everything.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

I wish I could have stayed longer.

The accommodations were awesome from the time I arrived to my check out. The facility was clean, I felt safe, the breakfast had variety (not just cold, do it yourself). I definitely will be returning.

The breakfast wasn't the greatest but it wouldn't deter me from coming back.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel was in a great location and the rooms were very nice and clean.I was very satisfied with our overall experience and will definitely stay again if we come back to Miami.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

No available rental movies. For the money the place was small and older style. We were here early and we were placed not in premium view rooms

Over all was a decent place, but I will not be back to this location just off a mall.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View - Non-Smoking

The hotel is tired in that it needs updating in the rooms. Ac fan was squeaky. Very noise near elevator. No literature in the room about local attractions or restaurants.

The location was good.shopping and restaurants near by and the highway.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel was under renovation. Breakfast room was unfinished.

Location was wonderful. Immediate walk to restaurants and shopping. Staff was extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View - Non-Smoking

Elevator was making strange noises. Elevator repair was there, but didn't resolve problem. No discount for repeat customer.

Variety of breakfast items. Room was spotless. Wore slippers with white soles and they still white when I checked out after 2 nights. Never had this happen before!!!

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No shuttle to airport and no pets

The cleanliness of the hotel, not just the room but all around the hotel. Very friendly staff, everyone would say hello if the saw you around the hall, lobby, etc.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View - Non-Smoking

The AC kept making a dripping noise while we slept,and our lake view room was not really a lake view room

The bacon was the bomb, great mirror in the vanity area, beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Breakfast service not good at all, eggs look artificial, I was asked not to leave dishes on the table and to put them in a tray, should be longer and have more daily options. Elevator was broken at check-in time. Access to the pool was limited to regular maintenance.

Location very good, clean room, easy access, near commercial area and major highways

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

The rooms, the location, the clealiness, the breakfast.

I did not like the fact that I gave my debit card and they over charged me, not knowing that my bank inform me of all transaction inmediately.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The hotel is close to the road, so if your sleeping is sensetive then expect to hear cars all the night. The breakfast is ok, not the best one I have seen in the region with a similar price. I asked to change the room after my first night because I could not sleep but the staff was not helpful, the answer was "NO" even if the rooms were free at 10am!

The hotel is clean, has almost all what we can need: pool, gym, breakfast, free coffee and tea all the day.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Would rather a kettle in the room instead of a coffee maker.

Excellent choices at breakfast which was included in the price of the stay. Example porridge made with water so I could add my almond milk and anything else I liked. Well thought of for people who are lactose intolerant. Fruits, pastries and cooked breakfast available.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Very comfortable beds and pillows. Anyway I can get manufacturer and model of each? For first time in a while I actually woke up with no lower back pain. Thanks

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

The laundry soap dispenser was broken so I lost $1.50. There was only one washer and dryer in the whole hotel. The cookies weren't always refilled or readily available. The website states that there are cookies 24/7, not true. Sometimes at the front desk the staff would speak Spanish in front of me, little did they know, I understood them, not good. The gym had 3 machines in it, treadmill, elliptical trainer, and bike. it was satisfactory but I really needed some free weights.

The beds were so comfortable. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was good but there could have been more selection, satisfying though. There were cookies in the lobby as well as a selection of teas and dispensers of coffee and hot water.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Gardens very well groomed, pool was clean staff very friendly.

It was very clean n quiet, great location that fit my needs had a great time, will stay again in the very near future.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

We were late check-ins our flight came in after 9:00pm so we didn't arrive at hotel until after 10:00pm. There is no shuttle for persons who do not drive...for airport runs or nearby malls. Also no access to food or snacks at that time!

I like that hotel provide a lot of amenities as standard and the staff were friendly and helpful. The front desk staff were very accommodating to requests.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

The room's wi-fi service (414). It was totally a mess. Most of the time it didn't work or worked erratically the whole week we stayed. I reported to a staff member at front desk, who told me she would reset the modem. It didn't work. Wi-fi in the hotel's lobby was excellent, however.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View - Non-Smoking

Very Nice hotel in a Fine neighbourhood with lots of shops and restaurants nearby. The breakfast was with a lot of options: waffles, fresh fruits, cereals, toast etc.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

That I was in the first floor very close to the office and I could hear lots of noises like people talking and passing by. It was the only thing I didn't like

The room the breakfast the location the nice people in front office, the pool

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

Shower head could not be rotated and the faucet was faulty. It would have been nice if the bathroom included the face basin instead of it being on the outside.

Breakfast was great. Excellent location. Liked free WiFi.

Good, central and comfortable

The room was so claming. I loved the breakfast!

They have only one elevator and it is very slow

Location, cleanness, decent breakfast and cookies offered in the reception

there is no shuttle bus to the airport

Breakfast was good Room was perfect Love the shops in the neighborhood

We like everything

Check in and check out process is fast

Very slow elevator

Decent breakfast and safe parking

Bed like a cloud

I believe it was a bit pricey

The room was clean, employees very courtesy and the free breakfast was a great incentive.

Stains on carpet. Blood on bathroom floor near the door. Noisey room across from elevator and gym.

The location, coffee,

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was really good.

Everything was really good.

pillows are to small..

most of the things are ok with me in the room, lobby, parking.