Reviews of County Inn 2 stars

850 Leong Drive, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA

#19 of 21 hotels in Mountain View

DELIGHTFUL SETTINGS.

NOT ENOUGH DAYS AVAILABLE THAT I NEEDED

DELIGHTFUL SETTINGS. TREES AND GROUNDS RELAXING.COMPARED TO SURROUNDINGS AREA AND OTHER ACCOMMODATION PRICES, THIS WAS A STEAL OF A DEAL. MANAGEMENT AND ALL STAFF VERY FRIENDLY AND HAPPY TO HELP YOU. FELT VERY SAFE. WOULD GLADLY RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY TO ANYONE. WILL BE USING IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR.

Clean bed, new wood floors - this hotel room is dated like...

The hotel furniture in the room is old and has a lot of fix it up evidence - the chairs look like from the eighties - there was a constant buzzing sound at night - it’s basically an old motel with new floors and beds are clean and fine- if you just need a place to sleep it’s fine.

Clean bed, new wood floors - this hotel room is dated like it’s the 80s again! The furniture seems old but clean everything works fine if you just need a place to sleep for the night at a low budget this place is just fine. The showerhead is old but the shower it was fine everything seems kind of dated an old but for the price it’s a good value and good enough.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

It’s quite and no one bothers you.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Two guy staff members aren’t so friendly the front desk lady’s are very friendly though. But I did feel rushed to get out my time wasn’t till 12 but they needed me out by 11:30am

It’s quite and no one bothers you. If assistance is needed they are ready to help.

The towels had holes in them. Their was no place to eat in the area as described and the neighborhood the hotel was nestled in was very run down. The tv was not functioning. The curtains were sheer so you could not close them so people could see in your room at night. Breakfast didn’t have any warm items As described. You had people drinking in the pool area all night and that was under our room window. Ac was very loud so had to be turned off at night however couldn’t open windows due to guest in pool area

N/a

Great hotel for stays near the amphitheater.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Not a fan of paying deposits for hotels that are already charging hundreds of dollars to my card. Especially since it goes back after a few days. Just seems pointless.

The staff was very friendly and not overly chatty, thre rooms were clean and comfortable, the breakfast was nice, and the ride to shoreline for our concert was less than $10 from here. Excellent place to stay for concerts at shoreline. This will be my go to for things like this in the future.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Not a hotel worth its price!
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

I would not recommend this hotel to anybody. First we found the staff particularly unfriendly. We had to ask where you can get fresh cool water, (indeed, in the bedrooms the only water you can find is really hot), the staff answered we had to buy a bottle in the fridge he had next to him. As a European, I found it shocking you have to pay to get water! The room was old, smelly, but relatively clean. The hotel is not greatly located, meaning you are not close to anything but I guess this is ok in a city like Mountain view. Besides the breakfast is particularly minimal. Fortunately, we were staying there only one night.

The rooms are relatively clean, and that is the only enjoyable thing in this hotel.

I had to wait nearly an hour to be able to checkin because...

I had to wait nearly an hour to be able to checkin because the receiption wasn't staffed when I arrived (a sign saying 15min - it took a lot longer, nobody answered the phone,...). The room was a bit smelly

Poor experience
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

No staff on arrival at hotel to check in at 10pm, had to wait outside reception for over 30 mins until someone arrived. Bathroom and furniture all very dated and worn.

Location good for business, cheaper than most in the area but you get what you pay for.

Nessa at the front desk was wonderful - she provided...
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

It was difficult to figure out how to get into the breakfast room, but once in the room it was great.

Nessa at the front desk was wonderful - she provided outstanding customer service. The pool was clean and lots of fun. The rooms were also clean and the beds were comfortable.

Good motel for those on a budget!
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom sink area had a motion detector light which disturbed my friend whenever I got up to go to the bathroom during the night.

The room was better than expected for a basic motel. We were able to have a nice shower with good water pressure after a long day at a music festival and then a good night’s sleep in a well air conditioned room. The man who checked us in late on Saturday night was extremely friendly and helpful in suggesting where we should order pizza from in the area. However, the girl who we spoke to earlier in the day and then checked out with seemed very uninterested in her job and not friendly at all.

The price was great as we attending our son's graduation...

The rooms are clean but have a musty smell. The smell can be of putting.

The price was great as we attending our son's graduation, and it was affordable enough that many of our family members were able to join us for the graduation. The beds are comfortable.

Heater didn’t work requiring a late night room change, no...
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Heater didn’t work requiring a late night room change, no ice machine, TV and coffee pot didn’t work, no seats in the breakfast room, plus a silver fish and a mosquito infestation.

It is not the Taj Mahal, the building is old, but it was comfortable and clean with the updates
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The price quoted was $163. and some odd cents. What I was charged was $213.90; that is about $50.00 more than what was quoted. I was not at all happy to see this when I looked at my debit transaction at the bank.

The updated floors were nice. The view of the pool refreshing. It was peaceful and we all got a good night rest on comfortable beds that were neither too hard, or too soft, and pillows that were actually comfortable and supporting.

Location to the shoreline
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff was unpleasant. The pool was filthy. The rooms smelled moldy, the coffee maker was dirty and they charged over 200 a night

Location to the shoreline

Great for what I needed.

The WIFI was in and out my entire stay. With the tv channels and quality being pretty low, a good WIFI connection would have been nice so I could watch Netflix without blowing all my data.

The room was comfortable and clean. I enjoyed my one night stay.

Booked room for a concert at Shoreline Amphitheatre .
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Very basic room served it's purpose.

Booked room for a concert at Shoreline Amphitheatre . Hotel was very convenient location from amphitheatre about a 10 minute drive.

Unfriendly stuff

I contacted several times via booking before my trip but never received any response from the property. I booked one room for a business travel and the travel was cancelled around 12:10pm on one day before my stay. I called the property at around 12:30pm and wanted to negotiate with the property for a waiver for cancellation fee. However, the operator was very unfriendly and told me that even it's only 30 mins late for the free cancellation due, it's not possible to cancel it and I had to pay for full amount.

Could have stayed confined in this room a full week, & been perfectly content!
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

A small rug on these beautiful hardwood floors would be nice at the sink, and a rolled up yoga mat in the closet for those of us who do a little stretching every day.

The room is absolutely stunning! All amenities provided and exceptionally quiet.

Terrible experience nothing like was provision the website
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was damaged & smelt like mold in the air. The electric outlets were a hazard & outlet plates were cracked. Holes in the walls, mold in the bathroom TV didn’t work, safe wouldn’t secure Security of the hotel is outdated & unsafe

Nothing about this place is like able

Not worth the fear brought to my family
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Old rusty, poor condition, horrible area, door was insufficient, poor lock on it. gap under it and cold air came into the room broken lamp that did not want to work. Several gang members outside my door very loud frightening my children then a party continued through the night a few doors down. The front of the property was ok but we were put in the back where the conditions were horrible. There was an abandoned Denny’s behind us with overgrown bushes. Never experienced anything like this. Informed staff the next day what happened and said I’d not be staying that night again. He refunded second night but not the first. This was a Wyndham property. They should be informed. Shame on them for allowing this! May not use this service again, pretty frightening experience.

For the money in that area it was fine. Not such a great part of town.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Just alittle shoddy! Beds were comfortable though.

Pictures on booking . Com are not representative Of the place at all we only stayed there though because every place in town was booked.

Poor

Extremely poor wifi connection which disconnects every two minutes or so (except at midnight). Although I inquired the staff, they didn't care at all. That food is disgusting and not edible! The gym is basically ridiculous. Normally I don't give terrible feedback, but have to say that the value of this place for money is zero. My friends have found much better AirBnB places in the neighborhood.

Close to Google quad.

A perfectly fine place if you are looking for just a clean room without a lot of amenities

The only thing I can think of is that there was occasionally shaking, vibrations, etc. but I believe this was due to the proximity to the highway and presumably large vehicles would cause this. However, this didn't really bother me, and the you can't blame the proprietors of the property for this.

For the price, you really can't beat this place. I needed a simple clean room as I was participating at a Hackathon at Intuit's headquarters nearby in Mountain View. So I knew in advance that I wouldn't be spending a lot of time in the room. This place did the job perfectly and actually exceeded my expectations based on previous reviews. The room/bathroom, etc. were all in good shape and functioning order. The wifi is free (which is not always the case at other budget places) and the breakfast offered was just fine. I'm not sure why there are comments about the people working there. They were fine.

Real disappointed. Bad service and manner from counter. No snack supply or to sell at anytime. Bought the one bottle of sparkling wine from counter with USD15 but the wine is without gassy and taste wedge. When question to counter he said don’t know coz he didn’t drink. This is radiculus reply. My credit card being charged four times after they swipe my card. Although the charge is from country inn not county inn but why this problem happened after they swipe my card. They rudely replied this is not their problem when asked them for clarification. Booking.com, please manage your hotel chain. I feel this is a cheating treat!!! I will reconsider next booking via booking.com

Clean & Affordable

Freeway noise, but we requested the back as we had read reviews about the traffic noise. Also did not like at all that the only curtain on the window was a sheer, white, thin curtain...no privacy at all from people looking in at night.

Location and cleanliness.

It was convenient to the places we needed to go.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing really. It's not luxurious, but I wasn't looking for that. Good basic room.

It was convenient to the places we needed to go. Also quiet and rooms were clean.

Lies

I had left something there I and I know I left it there I noticed it was not in my bag as soon as I got to my next location so I call as soon as I noticed It missing I call then and they said that there was nothing found which I know they were not tell the truth so for that I'm rating them horrible

I stayed one night and left.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

When I checked in the front desk gentleman asked for my I and the card I used to save the room, I gave those to him. Unknowingly to me he went ahead and charged the room on my card . Did not let me know that it was being charged or how much it was plus they put $50 on hold as well. I always thought you pay when you check out well not here. He was very rude and unprofessional when I questioned him about it.

Bed was comfortable and queen size.

The room is quite big and clean.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast is below the expectation. Noisy, no soundproof at all. The lobby stuff seems to be not very happy.

The room is quite big and clean. The location is convenient.

An overnight stay in the middle of holiday
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The room could have been cleaner and the air conditioning was quite noisy.

The location was convenient as a holiday break, the environment is OK, breakfast very good, and the staff was nice and friendly.

It was a great place for my visit as it was in a perfect...
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The detachment of the reception from the residence.

It was a great place for my visit as it was in a perfect walking location to where I was commuting to.

Eh

We went for a concert, and the concert was cancelled same day as check in. You should provide refunds for this case, extremely disappointed I had to pay to stay in a room that I didn't even need since the concert was cancelled

Easy location

It will do but you won't be amazed.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Workmanship was shoddy. Landscaping was not looked after. Pool wasn't that clean. Pool furniture was broken or so nasty that you wouldn't want to sit on it. Had to wait 15 minutes to check in. The front desk person left to go get some supplies. Breakfast was limited and boring. Toast and coffee more or less.

Location, close to Shoreline Amphitheatre.

I like that there is plenty of parking and that the room was...

Furniture/Sheets is old bathroom needs to be remodeled

I like that there is plenty of parking and that the room was very spacious . The room had a big window that gave us a nice view. The location to the property was very private

Enjoyed our stay and will definitely return.

Everything this visit was above our expectations. Pillows and bed so comfortable. Limited noise outside. Overall a perfect stay and will return.

Greeted kindly upon arrival and we mentioned it was our second visit. Manager interested in how our service & last visit was obviously wanted to be sure our experience was good. Asked what we thought of breakfast. Told him many places don't offer breakfast so there was something for everyone which is better than none. Last time the girl that greeted us was not personable so it made us feel more valued as a repeat customer.

They have problems with their credit card machine.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

They have problems with their credit card machine. Doesn't work with all international cards. Got two cards declined which worked perfectly everywhere else during the week I stayed there. And the staff offers no solution but keep on asking for another card. Same thing has happened the last two times I've stayed there in the last 3 years

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The hotel is more of a motel, it's very old but it's...
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Location is not convenient for anything except going to work (for which is more than ideal). Neighbourhood looked a bit sketchy on some occasions.

The hotel is more of a motel, it's very old but it's fair for the prrice compared to others. The room was very spacious.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Clean room and good breakfast choices.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Great variety for breakfast. I especially like the boiled eggs and the ready to warm omelets. The bagels and cream cheese were tasty. The orange juice was cold and fresh.

I did like the overall conditions of property, coffee...

I was travelling on foot (I don't drive) and for that kind of travelling the location is not quite convenient. If you have a car than, I guess, it should be fine. Also on the downsides - I had a room at a ground level and the curtains didn't close. That created a weird suspicion that someone may be watching me =)

I did like the overall conditions of property, coffee machine at the room, jacuzzi-like bathtub and a presence of a pool. The staff was friendly and responsive.

Great location from where I worked and it was just a 5...
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Free breakfast was bad. Paper plates and plastic utensils. Just bread, eggs, jam, fruits and coffee.

Great location from where I worked and it was just a 5 minute drive. Decent accommodation and service.

In town for graduation
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast was very nice. Cereal, waffles, french toast, warm hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee, fruit. Although the hotel was right by the freeway, the noise didn't bother us. We had a room at the back of the property. The property is older, but well kept and updated. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Easy access! Clean and Comfortable.

Friendlier desk clerk.

Very comfortable. Nice breakfast...lots of variety. Cleaning staff did an excellent and consistent job. Receptionist wasn't very personable, but it was OK.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Not much.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was extremely rude & uncooperative. This motel was about a mile away from Castro street & when I asked the employee (female) directions for this street she did not know??? The male in the evening was about the same. Not a "hello" when I walked in, pretty much hurry up and leave me alone seemed to be his attitude.

Not much. Apparently I missed the breakfast because of employee lacking to even mention the time for breakfast. However, I did walk into the room where the food was set up and was allowed to at least take an apple & a yogurt Never will stay at this motel again.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Not worth the money or time - stay somewhere else - anywhere!

Staff was indifferent, the room was dreary, the occupants next door had their TV up so loud I had to bang on the door after 10:00 to get them to turn it down.

This property is a desperation choice. It sits in a strange neighborhood and although close to the downtown part of MountainView, it is just plain weird. Old sink, toilet required handle held down to flush, the guy at the desk when we checked in directed to the wrong room - we selected King, he gave us a room with two Queen beds.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Avoid if possible

Walls were very thin and the noise from the neighboring room was very loud and disturbing. Although the room was clean, it did not present as pictured. The tiles in the shower were in poor condition and the faucet was broken. The traffic noise was very loud. Not a good value for the money. Very disappointing.

The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Poor maintenance.

The sprinkler system had been watering the door and doorframe of our first room. We had difficulty opening and closing the door, and the first morning we couldn't open the door and had to call the office. Barely any water would come out of the sink faucet. We changed rooms. The second night our key card would not work to get into the room, and we had to make another trip to the office. We are disputing our bill through the credit card company.

Other than the "didn't like" portion, everything else was o.k.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Dated, but decent value for the area. Comfortable bed.

Most of the room was very dated, but there were some new fixtures. The bed was new and very comfortable though. It was clean in the room and there was breakfast. Coffee was so flexible serve type so better than what's available at most Continental breakfast offerings. There was an OK variety of breads. They did have hard boiled eggs.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Not so sweet
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The front desk woman named Maria was beyond unprofessional and rude she made our stay uncomfortable. as long as she is there we will not return! All other staff were very helpful..spa tub could use a better scrub

I liked the bed...

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Good value for money

Breakfast room a bit old and could be refurbished.. Slight background noise in some rooms (main road nearby) > soundproof doors could be set up. but was really ok

Free breakfast Good price Open late Good bed Late arrival possible

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Quick, convenient option for a business traveller

The breakfast is too expensive and there are no late night places to eat close by.

This is good for what it is - a motel for a business trip. Clean, good wifi, a decent breakfast and easy to access the conference.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Great Location for Shoreline Amphitheatre
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Nought to do around hotel, but reason I booked this hotel was an overnight for a gig in the Shoreline Amphitheatre so didn't bother me.

Walking distance from Shoreline Amphitheatre, clean and tidy room

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Look else where

Out of the way, fire alarm batteries were dying so it beeped. Didn't get told of the breakfast times so we missed it. wifi stopped working. Pool was really dirty.

Comfy bed, decent shower

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Very clean room and a good breakfast.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The selection on the TV was basic cable couldn't rent movies and no HBO.

Very clean room and a good breakfast.

Ok and met the need without discomfort
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Older facilities that could use a touch up and replacement of some furnishings and facilities

Convenient and clean and accommodating

Cozy, clean & close by!

Great location, very close to the small town & amphitheater. Hotel was clean & staff was very helpful setting up a room for my parents.

Room was very clean

Room was very clean

It was a little over priced for the value that was received.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

It was a little over priced for the value that was received.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

One of the worst, if not the worst, motels I have ever stayed in.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The list would be too long to put in here. Please see my above ratings.

At least the door to the motel room locked.

Location was the best thing, especially for the price.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Location was the best thing, especially for the price. Stayed here for a concert at Shoreline and it was definitely worth it.

My bill is overcharged

My bill is overcharged

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The room was spacious and clean.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The room was spacious and clean.

Average

Too expensive.

Decent, clean hotel. If all you're going to do is sleep then it's fine.

The room was super big and the area to get ready was nice
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The area was far from our venue and in a neighborhood

The room was super big and the area to get ready was nice

Spacious room.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Spacious room. Small, but useful pool. Limited, but sufficient breakfast.

Comfortable bed

Comfortable bed

Satisfied customer
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Shower curtain falling off. Shower tile not finished

Nice rooms. Comfortable beds. Access to swimming pool was nice.

Location!

Location!! 8 minutes from concert amphitheater!

Awesome Hotel

No bacon/sausage in breakfast buffet

all was awesome

Fair, not the value which I paid
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Desk calling asking to have the room.at 11 when checkout was at 12 noon.

It was quite.

It was very comfortable

The entire room was inviting. And I enjoyed the free breakfast.

It should be some other better places to stay at.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

1. Staffs are not friendly 2. Breakfast is so so. 3. The bed is not clean.

Very acceptable price.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Has leak in the bathroom. Didn't have support in Spanish lenguage.

Very acceptable price.

Close to freeway
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Booking.com never forwarded my booking to hotel. Check in was delayed..

Close to freeway

Rundown, lack of hot water

Rundown, lack of hot water

I Liked how maintain it looked in and outer part

I did not like how blinds to windows were see through and gave no privacy what so ever.

I Liked how maintain it looked in and outer part