Reviews of Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale East / Lauderdale-by-the-Sea 3 stars

5001 North Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308, USA

#32 of 131 hotels in Fort Lauderdale

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

what you would expect from a marriott short stay hotel
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

instead of a coffee machine offer a kettle in a more easier place to retrieve. Restaurant menu not inviting.

courtesy transport within a 3 mile radius to take you to the mall. Reception will organize 3rd party transport to Port Everglades, but this was abit expensive of $35 pp but handy to know. alternative eating places nearby if you do not like the menu in the restaurant.

The property has welcoming receptionist however the lady...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

The room wasn’t clean found another persons dirty clothing and toilet wasn’t clean. Reported it to front desk and all tht was done was they switched the room.

The property has welcoming receptionist however the lady serving breakfast needs some etiquette- she’s using the same gloves to handle money to take out bread with her hand.

Stay somewhere else
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

Everything was bad Houskeeping no seevhce - not enough bathroom ammities and stain sheets Parking lot not well lit . Police was there 2 times Keys not working had to have my lock drilled to get inside No hot water in shower for 3 days Not quiet hotel - a lot of road traffic , hallways inside but the door to get to each floor are loud. Entrance room per door are loud . So loud not able to sleep for 3 days . Food at the restaurant are over price and not fresh . The old guy that check me in was rude and helpful . Wanted to put me in a room without sofa even though that I ask for one . Just old damn fart he was . I think he was racism towards me . He has the devil soul in him .

Leaving this dump

The man at the front desk was very unprofessional and nasty,...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

The man at the front desk was very unprofessional and nasty, we cancelled the reservation and was leaving, but I went back in to check if they were charging me cancellation fees when I saw Anna who was very nice and professional. We ended up staying.

Nice stay, great breakfast experience (staff & food), would indeed return and recommend to others!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

The hotel was very good! Location very close to family for us. Pleasantly surprised by the breakfast which was included in the price. The breakfast staff was really nice, and customer focused in addressing our wants... The food much better than available at most 'breakfast included' hotels. We would certainly return if returning to the area! Thanks!

The room was amazing.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

The pillows were way to soft you needed all 4 just to support yourself. And the Cleaning starts way too early it is very loud and wakes you up.

The room was amazing. I kinda wish I was on a higher floor. But very nice.

Great stay, plenty of nearby beaches and shopping

Lots of lizards but they are everywhere in South Florida

Very quiet and clean property. Safe and secure. No one cannot enter without a room key. Free parking and WiFi

The switching was worthwhile
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

A continental breakfast will attract even more.

Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent location, nice rooms. Microwave would be helpful. Excellent parking spots

I really enjoyed my stay an to be frank didn't want to leave. Thanks for asking my opinion.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

I would have loved to have microwave in room!! Other than that no complaints.

Food was prepared perfectly. Dining area comfortable an cozy. Staff very friendly an courteous.

Decent but bring your own breakfast.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

The free breakfast wasn't what I was expecting. The lady at the bistro was annoyed she had to explain it to me but the little paper was so non descriptive. Also the two buildings weren't connected and there was no cover over the walkway. It rained while we were there so we had to walk in the rain to get to the main building.

The hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. The location wasn't too far from the beach.

Room was extremely clean all the time.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

I only did not like when I was checkin- in the front desk guy told me that breakfast is not included in the price I paid. But when I did my reservation, it’s clearly was stated that breakfast is included. It was a little disappointment when you meet a guest first time. But he fixed the problem very fast when he looked at my eyes. Pretty smart guy. Thank you.

Room was extremely clean all the time.

Location just 5min from the beach (by car).
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

Staff at reception was quite unfriendly (elderly woman), checkin at 2.30pm was not possible according to her. But the group coming in after us got other rooms which were ready (had another staff member). There was no breakfast buffet (only a-la-card), so we had breakfast at Denny's just opposite the hotel.

Location just 5min from the beach (by car). Shuttle which takes you to every place within a 3 mile radius.

The staff was great the evening restaurant and drinks were...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

The staff was great the evening restaurant and drinks were fantastic along with our waitress ! Check in was fast and easy again the staff and the cleanliness of this place makes it

My stay at courtyard Marriott east was a nightmare
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

I did not enjoy my stay. Staff seemed careless even when telling them there were bugs in my room. First person did not bump it to a manager. Apparently the Apple-something manager wasn't there. The young man in charge did sent over someone up to take a look and that employee didn't know what to do or say. Just apologized. We didn't end up being charged but I had to throw out some of my belongings in fear of bringing in pests to my home. I found wingless ones in my bag! It was a complete NIGHTMARE. The bugs came out at night and we're attracted to light it seems. How does this even happen?

I can't find anything that I liked. It was a terrible experience.

the room was super clean , the property though not...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

the room was super clean , the property though not brand new is very clean and comfortable . checking in was super quick and easy and they had large showers with adequate toiletries for the stay

I could not recommend this hotel more!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

The staff was truly fantastic - each and everyone of them. I am not someone to write reviews but they were outstanding. Friendly, made us feel like family, made everything comfortable and easy. I will be returning when have to come back to Fort Lauderdale in July.

Our stay was short and not sweet.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

The room smelled like mildew almost like the room had been flooded. The T.V. could have been larger. Over all I felt like the fees were too high for the size and smell of the room.

The shower was outstanding and the location of the hotel was perfect.

I won't be back
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

The location, the bed covers, the staff wasn't friendly I didn't feel no warmth.

Definitely nothing like the pictures too expensive for the room. Too much noise I was awake by loud cars and ambulances.

Smelled so clean and fresh - bed comfortable and everything...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

Walls were thin as paper - we could hear EVERY sound in hall and room next to ys

Smelled so clean and fresh - bed comfortable and everything just loveky

There's hardly any noise insulation at all to the...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

There's hardly any noise insulation at all to the hallway and this makes this a loud room because of that. You can hear absolutely everything in the hallway. Otherwise, decent value for the money.

Total displeasure, I called and booked a room by phone,...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

Total displeasure, I called and booked a room by phone, found out I booked the wrong hotel. I called back 20 mins later to say I wasn't coming to make them aware. The girl didn't care, she just said we have a 24 hour cancellation policy that she would be charging my VISA card $350. I'm sure Marriott didn't need my $350 dollars that bad. I'm sure when they knew I wasn't coming they booked some one else and doubled their money since it was 8am that morning.

Did not disappoint!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

Walls are thin. We stayed on the ground floor next to the emergency exit and I swear I could hear everything and everyone that passed our room.

Check in was fast, room was comfortable and clean, but most importantly the bed grabbed and hugged you. Didn’t want to leave.

Good for an overnight stay or two
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

Gym was very small with dated equipment

Friendly staff - easy location to get around in Ft Lauderdale. Nice rooms - Nothing too flashy Nice pool and hot tub Small but sufficient areas to buy snacks, coffee, or a beer Plenty of on site parking

Convenient location along East coast
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

The location is convenient, but not super nice - very busy intersection. This can be an asset, but it can also be annoying and it gets a bit noisy.

The hotel was conveniently located on US1 and the room was very spacious and even had a little balcony. Room was clean and had everything that I needed. Parking included and available right by the hotel.

Good overall
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

Didn't like the fact ty only coffee is provided in the rooms, what about the tea drinkers. O asked for a tea bag and was told to purchase it from the front desk. For the price I paid for my stay I do expect to have proper knives and fork instead of disposables.

Bathroom very clean and well maintained. Rooms very nice and comfortable.

I would definently return.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

parking was a little difficult, returning back to hotel it was blocked at the entrance and had to wait for 1 car to move in order to get through.

staff very courteous.

Not acceptable.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

Air conditioner blows on your head all night long. Poor location. Led lights in bathroom take forever to light up. TV was not working dish problem. Overallvery awful experience

Ok for a short stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

Location; when I made the reservation I didn't realize it was so far from the beach. The breakfast wasn't very good.

The pool area was very nice. It was also nice having a balcony, even a small one.

A decent hotel, with exceptions noted.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

Housekeeping staff was very friendly, but the three housekeepers working our 35-room floor were still not finished by late afternoon when we were yearning a nap. And to sum my disappointments... the reception on the large-screen LG TV in the room ranged from substantially snowy (CNN) to unwatchable digitized tiling (the CBS channel). At the price for a hotel room these days, one deserves a watchable TV.

Breakfast was very good.

The breakfast menu was very good and the food was delicious.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

The room had MANY tiny ants. they were all over the headboard, the night stand, and the telephone.

The breakfast menu was very good and the food was delicious. The staff was outstanding!

Great staff, good location.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

I prepaid for breakfast, and was worried about what I was going to get. No worries, breakfast was a great value, great quality and great service. Far exceeded my expectations.

When I heard they left travlers stranded at St.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

When I heard they left travlers stranded at St.Thomas between Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Jose. I was shcked and I feel thier actions incomprehensible. How could anyone with a conscience leave any child, woman or man is beyond me. I will NOT STAY at a Marriot again!

I would not stay there again
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

The pictures on Booking.com did not match the room I reserved and I was given the room they had available; which I didn't like. I was also charged $25 for an inconvenience fee, which several days later was refunded back to my card, but I wonder what would have happened if I didn't have it; would I not been able to check in. The view was awful

Not a whole lot.

Lovely staff. Dirty and old a/c ruined visit
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

Burning hit hall ways Room a/c doesn't work well enough for heated day in Florida

A/C. Doesn't to work throughout property and room it was over 90 and we had to leave and find another hotel we didn't even stay for breakfast. Great staff and super lovely manager.

WARNING...Bug Infested Hotel...Stay Away!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

The rooms were infested with bugs. These bugs were everywhere: on the tables, beds, bathrooms, and the walls. My husband and I were traveling with our four year old grandson. This was extremely disturbing and unsanitary. Our daughter and her family were located in the room next door on the third floor and the other families members were located on the second floor. Both of those rooms were also infested with the same bugs. We all made numerous complaints and took videos. Maintenance worker came twice, and stated he would meet with his supervisor and return with some type of harmless solution. The worker told me the bugs were silver ants, but told my daughter they were termites. Either way, he never came back with any solutions. This was the worst ordeal my family ever experienced in any hotel.

Anna, front desk receptionist was pleasant and professional.

Over all we really did enjoy our stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

Well knowing they had breakfast and dinner; you would think they would offer breakfast to the guest for the price one pays.

It was very nice and spacious. Very convenient to get to and from the beach.

poor stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

The hotel wasn't very clean. I had to ask for someone to clean my room. This hotel only give guest three options for breakfast There were bugs coming in the room through the patio door and windows. This hotel was not worth $500 dollars.

The bed slept comfortable.

rest between a cruise and a flight back to California.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

The couch in the room - why are two types of material used? It looks like cushions on one side were destroyed and the matching upholstery could not be found. Real joke considering the rest of the amenities.

The pool area and landscaping

It'll do...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

Bed was uncomfortable..pillow too high, too hard. Mattress cover lumpy. Room smelled musty/stuffy so had to change room. A/C constantly running...

Free parking. Nice shower pressure. Sufficient for one night.

No security
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

Rowdy guests around 2: AM each night. I called and asked for security, and I was informed by David that he was alone on the property. This is not acceptable.

The room was comfortable and clean.

Relaxing vacation
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

The property is not by the water. The pool was small.

The room and property were well maintained. The property is conveniently located and close to many attractions. The hotel is small which allows for a quiet, relaxing vacation.

Great Hotel Near the Beach
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

The room did have a slight odor (a machine was hooked up airing it when we arrived).

The room was very comfortable. We had a little patio in the courtyard area. The food on site was good and at a fair price. We loved the location (very close to everything, including the beach).

Pleasant stay. Pleasant staff. Great room.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

They didn't have meals around the clock. We didn't have a regular schedule so not having the ability to get something to eat late morning or early afternoon was our only disappointment.

The staff were very welcoming The room was pleasant and comfortable We tested peacefully with no disturbance

Nice but beware of ROACHES!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

ROACHES! They were in our fridge. We noticed the first night we checked in and all we received were sanitation wipes. No proactive action was taken. They got so bad on the 2nd night that we were forced to switch rooms. No compensation or even a phone call or apology. I was in town for surgery so switching rooms with no assistance was a hassle.

I liked the design of the building including hallways. It felt as if it had been through a very nice renovation.

We chose the location because we had an event 1 mile away.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

We chose the location because we had an event 1 mile away. A shuttle was available until 930pm for rides less than 3 miles which we found useful. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub area.

Great hotel but they will sell your room even if you have a reservation,
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

my room was sold to someone else and the hotel manager admitted that my room was sold to another customer and i had to settle for a master bedroom with a lay out couch as a second bed option. I booked had reserved my room and it was sold to someone else. next one of the cleaning staffs refused to give me extra towels (she refused to give me her name) was a Cuban lady kind of older on Sunday morning 5/21/17 at 9:23 am.

the room was a great size and most of the staff was nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

The hotel overall meets the expectations with friendly and...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

The hotel location is a bit far away from the center, took around 45 minutes to get to the South beach (our fault, we should have taken this into consideration before our trip). And the beds are a bit too soft, might cause back aches.

The hotel overall meets the expectations with friendly and helpful staff, cleanness, facilities and parking. I recommend the restaurant also, loved the breakfast with good prices! The lobby has a kind of business center where you can use the internet and even use the printer. The wireless is good also.

A Must visit If you are in Ft. Lauderdale!!!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

Ice machines never had ice. They were working, but must be smaller units. Everything else about this hotel was way above average.

Location easy to reach. Great bed. Pool and jacuzzi were simply spotless. Staff very nice. I asked for a late checkout and got it with no problem. This is a winner of a hotel!!!

My stay was very pleasant.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

Our view was blocked by the massive palm trees. The balcony isn't that big and the palms leaning and touching the railing, made the space feel smaller.

The staff was very helpful in answering question. Everyone greeted us with a smile, including the shuttle drivers. It was most helpful that we could print out our boarding passes for our flight. Our stay was very pleasant. Thank you!

Comfortable
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

Would have been nice to have complimentary coffee at least, since breakfast was not included. I had to leave at 6:30 a.m. And there was no coffee available, not even to purchase.

Comfortable

Loved it!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

The best service we have ever received, stayed for our wedding weekend. Great staff, overall 10/10 beautiful pool and lobby with bistro. The hotel gave us a complimentary bottle of wine, we had our reception brunch it was fantastic!

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Welcoming friendly staff - well done
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

Location is not for tourists wanting to look around as there is not much to see in the area. Basically this is a bed for the night at a pretty high rate with no breakfast included. Guess I am used to being spoilt in Dubai and Europe.

The shuttle Bus is a nice addition to run to nearby restaurants. The ladies at front desk were extremely, helpful, kind and welcoming... well done as this is hard to find in this day and age. Coffee shop for breakfast was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Great place to stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

Pool water was cold. They need more chairs around pool

Great location/fantastic staff the shuttle to the beach was an amazing bonus. Pool area and room were really good

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Abused and Unappreciated by Marriott
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

My flight to NY was cancelled because of snow I needed an extra day Not only did you not help me, you tried to rob me asking me for $100 a day more for a room I'll never use a Marriott hotel again!!!!!!!!!

Never never stay at this hotel - worse Marriott in the country!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

Worse Marriott I have ever stayed in - very poor customer service - tv broken someone comes to look at it and says I will be back in 5 minutes - never showed - not one bottle of water to be found anywhere - lied to about the location from the staff and would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Absolutely nothing!!!!!

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

General Feedback
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

1. only one cup of tea or coffe at breakfast time incl in B& B rate 2.Although hotel was clean and we appreciate it is in a hot humid climate - think hotel might benefit from employing a 'cat' . Wasn't comfortable to sit out by pool at night

1. Breakfast albeit Starbucks type coffee shop style was good although I do think you should have unlimited tea and coffee at breakfast - not like the states to only include for one cup of tea or coffee within your B&B rate 2.Courtesy bus to take you to beach wasva bonus

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Nice hotel, however, staff did not provide a safe and comfortable environment for all guests.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

I was extremely disappointed that there were a group of people partying out by the pool past 4:00am and no one from hotel staff held them accountable to the rule that the pool closes at 11:00pm. They were very loud, my family was kept up all night long, we had a poolside room. I tried to call the front desk but no one answered. Very poor customer service.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Very good hotel, comfortable, noiseless. Staff very professional.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

During my stay I have I suffered with a skin allergy diagnosed at the hospital as probably an allergy caused by the detergents used to cleanup the sheets. Got skin rash, the skin become red and very sensitive. The hotel must review the clean up procedures and the detergents in use to avoid this in the near future.

Excellent front desk, house keeping and management support. I had a problem and I was quickly moved to a new room.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Nice
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

It was fair from the airport and cruise port so there was not free shuttle from the hotel to or from these places. The free shuttle they had only covered a 3 mile radius. We took it to Publix to pickup a free items. We then had to wait about an hour for it to come and get us. When we had called the hotel for the pickup they had now idea as to how long a wait it would have been. If they told us in advance it was going to be an hour, we would have made other plans.

Very friendly staff. Has a wonderful dinner and a delicious breakfast at Bistro. Breakfast was included in he room rate and dinner was very reasonable.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Lovely property, but shell pricing scheme.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

After booking in advance, each night stay costs changed with each day. Was really annoying. Told me it was my fault for not reading the fine print when registering online!

Lovely hotel, great lobby.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

My stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

No wifi no shuttle to airport that was free and the one they offer is pricey and the driver was rude and drove way to fast and wreck less

Clean comfortable

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Front desk, Everett was incredible.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

Front desk, Everett was incredible. He was so helpful in making our stay the most comfortable and he recommended great spots to hang out. Definitely would recommend this hotel and would book here again just because of the staff.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Overall a pleasant stay! 😊
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

Unfortunately,the Bistro was over priced for the quality of the food served. The eggs & sausage were very dry and left something to be desired. And it was noisy at times in the hallways.

The bed was amazingly comfortable. The staff were friendly and very professional. They were able to answer every concern that we had.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Visiting grand children, they had a great time in the pool...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

Visiting grand children, they had a great time in the pool and Jacuzzi. We have stayed at other Courtyards. They are basically the same, clean, good value, attentive staff. Breakfast was really good as well. Will stay again on the next visit.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Location, room comfort, all staff except one was very...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

There is one waitress in the cafe the was gross and very unfriendly while the short one was great.

Location, room comfort, all staff except one was very friendly and accommodating. Koodos to them. Even when the outside computers were not working, they found a way for me to do my work.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Sleep easy
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

As a women traveling alone you wlll feel extremely safe to get into rooms you must use a key card .The front desk staff are so wonderful and helpful they looked up and mapped out my destination for me . The rooms are very clean and comfortable beds . I would recommend to all

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Useful location for my needs, friendly welcoming staff , Starbucks coffee.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

Couldn't have a boiled egg for breakfast Breakfast potatoes were not freshly made

Location- And both day shift and night shift front desk person Starbucks coffee

Convenient

The room smelled funny

Convenient

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Staff was super friendly
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

Convenient, clean and excellent value

Staff was super friendly

• King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

Beds were big and comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

Beds were big and comfortable. Pool is deep nice and clean. Too bad the pool is along a busy road (noise).

Very good location
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds, Balcony

There could have been a bathroom outside dining area next to pool

Location was right.

Small ants on counters.

Location was right.

Adequate. Wished the shuttle went to the airport.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed, Balcony

The phone didn't work the whole time.

Extremely pleasant staff