Reviews of Courtyard Los Angeles Westside 3 stars

6333 Bristol Parkway, Culver City, Los Angeles, CA 90230, USA

#102 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

Budgeting a challenge
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Additional charges not disclosed and daily variable room rates that can change up to $60 US from day to day. $25 per day to park your own car!!

Culver City is great central location. Close to airport.

Happy with our choice

Not sure how the price was calculated. We stayed three nights and the weekend (Sunday) was the cheapest then each night got more expensive. How is a Sunday $60 more than a Tuesday? There was plenty of parking yet we were charged $25/night to use lot, which we only needed when we slept as we were out all day. There were four of us but could only get four towels if we asked each day.

Beds comfy and room large and clean. With a family of four and two teens it was nice to have an area outside bathroom for placing toiletries, making coffee, changing in private. Close to airport and near many great tourist areas but clean and quiet.

Wish there were more staff and helpful....

Folks at the front desk were not 'on it' and had a hard time helping me. Did not feel that the hotel was as clean and as well staffed as many of the other Courtyard Marriott hotels I have stayed at in the past

Great price, great facilities - shame about the extra charges!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The daily parking charge of $25. When you've chosen to stay at the hotel and then get another charge that is not specified on the website, it is a bit annoying. These kind of these extra charges (tourism tax etc)take the polish off of what should have been a great stay. Really, the price you're quoted should be inclusive of everything, whether you arrive in your own vehicle or a cab.

Very quick to check-in and the staff were very helpful.

Great price close to downtown LA

Loved the location we easily drove to downtown LA, Hollywood, Santa Monica and Venice beaches. My family and I stayed there for three nights it was very good the room was nice, beds are comfy bathroom clean, staff was nice we used the pool and jacuzzi overall great price for LA

Never again

Mini frig in room didn’t work. Asked to have it replaced around 10pm was told they had no maintenance staff to do so. Was given the option to move to an upgraded room which wasn’t an upgrade so instead of moving all our belongings I took the frig from the room we were offered to move into to and replaced the frig myself (that is correct, had to replace our own frig). In addition, key to room had to be reactivated 5 different times in order to access our room. This was also the same key card used for the parking lot which we also couldn’t access or exit because of the deactivation issue causing us to have to go to the lobby multiple times in order to have them reactivate so we could access the parking lot too. it was totally unacceptable for the amount of money in which was paid for the two nights staying at this location would never stay there again. Highly disappointed paying over $500 for two nights having to deal with these issues.

Staff were nice, clean room and facilities.

Repeat visit to hotel.
    • King Room - High Floor

Bed was too firm. Staff helped with extra padding to soften the bed and improve comfort.

We stayed here last year. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The morning breakfast and evening bar service were good. Room on highest floor & windows helped to limit noise from LA ground level.

The staff was nice, the rooms comfortable and I liked that...

Our room key for the parking gates never worked and we were never able to connect to the wifi, when we called we were placed on hold long enough to give up and deal without it.

The staff was nice, the rooms comfortable and I liked that the mall was within walking distance.

Do not stay here.

Staff was rude and after being told parking was only charged if your car was in the lot overnight, they charge me an extra $100 for the time we parked in their lot (a few hours per day). Front desk manager was extremely rude.

The room was ok.

Awesome breakfast, good choices for fruits, waffles, and...

Nothing really.

Awesome breakfast, good choices for fruits, waffles, and pancakes. Also cereal and bread were available too together with eggs and bacon. Staff in general was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant at the hotel has good food (relatively large portions for the price). All in all I am very happy with our stay at the hotel.

I liked the breakfast, which was very good.

Nothing really.

I liked the breakfast, which was very good. Bread, cereal, fruits, waffles, eggs and bacon. And really good orange juice. The staff was really nice and helpful. And the room was quite nice, roomy and very comfy.

The morning staff working breakfast are just absolutely...

The morning staff working breakfast are just absolutely wonderful and very attentive . Everyone has been so nice . Concierge desk always pleasant too! I will definitely choose this hotel when I come back

I loved the heated pool
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The fridge was too small the coffee maker in the room was broken and there was no microwave and at check in they told me there was so I wasted money on basic food to be heated up , I was very upset about that and the staff denied the whole convo about the microwave!

I loved the heated pool

Good value for money

The distance.

Breakfast was good. The beds were comfortable, the cleanness on the other hand could be better. There isn't much around, besides the shopping mall, nothing is walking distance.

It was a place to sleep at night
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Noisy room, heating was very loud. For the hotel it was expensive, parking was $25 per night Will never stay there again.

It was a place to sleep at night

Everything was good except when we were charged to park our car. Won’t be back!

If they didn’t charge their guests for parking! We will not stay here again because of that reason. Hotel guests should NEVER be charged to park on hotel Property. 👎🏼

Quite place, with free parking on a street; restaurants, shopping and even LAX close enough.

We have been 4 people in the room, but for some reason every day we received 3 sets of towels... Of course, after asking, we received the fourth one.

We have got a room looking to the highway - therefore it was rather noisy at night. We have asked for change in the morning - and have got similar room on the opposite side, which was more quite.

Truly a wonderful experience! Will be going back there !

Getting to downtown was a nightmare with traffic ! But there is plenty to do in Culver City!

Customer service was exceptional. We booked the room with breakfast, it was good with a very great selection of food. My five year old loved the Marriott so much she said it’s so clean it’s her second home :)!

Will NEVER stay at this property again. They forgot that they are in the hospitality business.

They failed to make up our room for one of the nights and made us feel like it was our fault because we were not willing to accommodate them at 10:30 pm! We even asked at two different times of the day (2:00 pm and 4:30 pm ) to make up our room and even that was not enough for them to provide us this basic service. The beds were soft and uncomfortable. The tv pixelated. The desk lamp was loose and crooked. We were so miserable that we cut our trip short.

Good hotel and great customer service!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The aircon was noisy and the parking was expensive ($20/day).

The room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. Housekeeping personel were very nice and polite.

Everything was great, location was near a mall, food and...

You can hear voices in the room, had to pay for parking and the last night of the stay we woke to someone smoking weed.

Everything was great, location was near a mall, food and central to our needs.

I booked my reservation at Marriot Courtyard on Nov 25 and...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I booked my reservation at Marriot Courtyard on Nov 25 and the charge was done on my DEBIT card on Nov 27. Therefore, I already paid. It was deducted from my bank account. But both when I check in and out they said I didn’t and it was a horrible experience.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Good location for visiting family and friends in area.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Good location for visiting family and friends in area. Bonus was the Westfield mall across the street. Price was reasonable for the area even after factoring in the parking cost.

Location was great for our visit. Close to gas, shopping and airport. Hotel was clean and modern.

Prefer firmer pillows.

The food in the restaurant was very good and of good quality. Great Bistro burger. Nice choices on breakfast buffet.Restaurant and Front desk staff were very helpful, polite, and professional.

No frills; close to the mall & airport
    • King Room - High Floor

This is a good no-frills place to stay if you plan to spend a few days in LA and won't be driving. It's 7 minutes by taxi from the airport; next door to a shopping mall and a short walk to a cinema. So you essentially have most things you need around you.

We greatly enjoyed the size and comfort of the room and the beds, the location, and the staff.

Bathtub was slippery; us seniors need a floor that's not so slippery.

Breakfast was really nice! Lots of room and lots of available tables, and wait staff was very nice. Shopping mall was close by so we could go there to get our walking in and shop at the same time!

Nice hotel, good for airport.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Although very clean some of the furniture looks a little old fashioned and for a Marriott more is expected. Check in was booked for 3 couples, 1 couple arrived at a later time, they wouldn't check them in without my ID which first member of staff said I wouldn't need to be there. Couldn't pay with cash on the day of arrival.

Good location for airport, nice pool area with great little hot tub, nice big bed, clean rooms, efficient luggage storage.

Good location, clean and quiet rooms.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I would have loved to have a larger tub to soak in.

The Courtyard Hotel is close to Marina del Rey, Venice Beach and Santa Monica for great sightseeing. It is easily accessible from I405. The Westfield Culver City shopping mall is within walking distance. The rooms are large, clean and quiet. The optional morning breakfast buffet is a great way to start the day. Christine at the front desk was very helpful with booking a Starline Los Angeles tour for me. I give the Courtyard Hotel a thumbs up.

The front desk staff was rude and condescending after they...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The front desk staff was rude and condescending after they placed me in a different room than I booked originally. I had paid for a second night to specifically check in at 10 and have never had anyone be so disrespectful.

Bookingcom ask me if it was for another person then when...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Bookingcom ask me if it was for another person then when they got there it wasn't paid for even though bookingcom was gonna charge me... not happy at all

The restaurant open, the facilities for internet in the...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The last day the intenet was not workingh

The restaurant open, the facilities for internet in the lobby. I was very happy that I got my room immediately even tough was early of the check in time. The bed is excelent

Good trip👌🏼
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

What I listed above👆🏼

The buffet breakfast and service was excellent👌🏼 the bed and pillows were very comfortable👌🏼but bathroom was pretty small, toilet was noisy when flushed👎🏼 the area and location Culver City, not nice too much cop activity and sirens🚔👎🏼

Great place to stay

Would have liked a microwave in the room. Also, when I booked, the room rate was supposed to be $162 for both nights. When the bill arrived, it was $170 for one night, and $162 for the second night. I was a little disappointed in the difference.

Beds very comfortable, room quiet on an upper floor.

The employees in the restaurant were excellent.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The one employee who handled our check in was a "b....". Her attitude was very bad. Other than that, it was good dealing with the other front desk personnel. She should be reprimanded or fired.

The employees in the restaurant were excellent. we ate breakfast there every morning. The rooms were very nice. The other employees were very nice and helpful, except the one mentioned in the dislike section.

Room service staff was very friendly and food arrived fast.

Front desk staff was not very professional. I booked thru a 3rd party and the description of my room was not the room I got when I arrived. When I went back to front desk they were rude and said there was nothing they could do because I booked thru 3rd party. It was the way they said it that was rude and not professional. I called Booking.com and they offered me a partial refund . I will not stay at this hotel again because of how rude the front staff was.

Room service staff was very friendly and food arrived fast.

Would definitely stay again
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Very comfortable and great location just a short walk to the mall and not far from LAX. The most comfortable bed I've slept in . Friendly and helpful staff.

Good choice for transit stays
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Given the proximity to the airport, it was to be expected that there would not be many facilities nearby in terms of restaurants and entertainment, so it would have been good if the hotel itself had more facilities, such as a pool (they only had a whirlpool) and a more enticing menu in the restaurant.

This was a handy hotel, located very close to LAX, and a convenient place to spend the day during an 11 hour transit. Staff were very friendly and the room was big and clean.

The eggs were not done well.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The Bar staff and the cafeteria staff are rude to you may be color and racism which was very obvious.

The eggs were not done well. Poor standard of breakfast every day the same breakfast. Boring

Not worth the money. Overpriced recently.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

After my last stay I found, that hotel increased the rate for the stay, so I did choose other hotels in LA to stay. Since you should pay extra for parking and breakfast, rate could be not fair at all, overpriced. That's why I rank "value for money" disappointed.

I stayed this place few times. That's good location for business purpose, but not very for travellers.

Would definitely recommend if you need good proximity to LAX.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The lighting in the bathroom.

Room was very comfortable and not cramped. I liked everything except for the lighting in the bathroom. The staff were all very friendly and barring the freeway traffic, the room was very quiet. That was a huge plus.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

We booked an actress with you directly on short notice.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We booked an actress with you directly on short notice. We had things set up to go on a corporate credit card, but when the actress checked in they said it wasn't taken care of and made her put her own card down. In the end, we were charged and not her, but it was embarassing to us. When we put an actress at your hotel, it is important that she feels we have covered all our bases.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

The rooms are spacious and comfortable.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Yes the breakfast was not up to the mark. The food was the same and repetitive. You will get bored and sick of eating the same breakfast every day for 5 nights!!!!!

The rooms are spacious and comfortable.

Meh...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - High Floor

I thought there were a lot of services nearby, but they weren't so convenient if you don't have your car. The neighborhood this hotel is in isn't really the greatest. There is a Westfield Mall nearby, but it's a bit of a walk away, and we were too tired to get there, especially considering that the walk is not in an especially appealing neighborhood. That distance wouldn't be a problem if you had your car, but we did not. The food and drinks at the hotel aren't reasonably priced. The amenities in our room were not properly provided: the little shampoo bottle was empty, and there were no facecloths. With these two parts of the maid's job not done properly, I wondered what else was not done properly. The room SEEMED clean enough. We had a view, since our room was on the 8th floor. And the temperature outside was so pleasant that we turned the a/c off, since it was so noisy. But then in the morning, the smell of breakfast being prepared in the kitchen far below us, was overpowering. We had to get up early for flying out, so it was only mildly annoying, but if you want to sleep in on that side of the building, don't leave your window open! We had to use the computers in the lobby to print out some things for our travel, but only one printer was working, so there was a wait that was unnecessary if the other printer had been functioning.

It was fairly near the LAX airport. Getting there via Uber for an early morning flight worked out well for us, and the ride from the train station was reasonably priced as well. The beds were comfortable, and the television had a decent number of channels. The distant view from our 8th floor room was nice.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Very good property

No airport shuttle.....

Love this property. Basic but very good quality. Rooms are large, wifi works well, modern gym (with personal tv's) and pool are cool. Walking distance to a lovely shopping mall 'Westfield' Check in receptionist, Ms Stacey was lovely!

Nice hotel close to tourist things
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Check in was easy and the hotel staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. She offered to order a car rental for me because I asked about it. Room was good size. Room service was quick and food excellent. Clean. Hygiene products were Paul Mitchell and high quality.

I will never come back here! And I will never revcommend this room!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The staff was very rude. We traveled for 2 hours to get there and when we got there they didn't have a king size bed room available, which is what we booked.We had to get a 2 bed room which was very inconvenient. The receptionist had a lot of attitude and was not impathetic.

In LA one has to drive for long everywhere anyway...

Check in was a little bit cumbersome, the room key was not programmed properly neither the access to the car park. The dinner was typical American, I did not like it much...

Hotel and room pretty new or well maintained and all clean, very good for a three star...

Excellent location and staff. Reasonable value.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

WiFi only worked in room, not in lobby. Pool was small, shallow, outdoors, and cold, so I could not perform my exercises or swim laps. No Netflix available.

The decor was lovely. The staff and location, cleanliness and comfort were excellent.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Big and comfortable bed, big tv decent internet.
    • King Room - High Floor

Windows to highway and no noise reduction so it gets quiet loud. The curtains do not fully close. Food in the hotel just average

Big and comfortable bed, big tv decent internet. The hotel is situated close to airport and in close proximity to shopping center

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

That the room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I was disappointed with a couple of things. The loud music from the club at the hotel was one. It played late into the night. The Continental breakfast was a joke, overpriced for what was offered. The third issue was the parking. This is not a high end hotel. There shouldn't be a fee for parking when you pay to stay at the hotel, that should be provided. The hotel clerk's (none of them) didn't explained the the use and proper was to purchase parking. I can be reached to elaborate my explanation.

That the room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Nice stay.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

LA is very expensive for Hotels especially when overnight parking is needed. Very thin walls as well between rooms could hear other guests talking quite a bit in the night.

Very comfy bed and clean room. Overall good stay at this marriott

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Okay stay, don't know if I would stay there again.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Bed was too soft and the toilets were noisy when you flushed them. I could hear the toilets flushing all night long.

Location and staff were very nice and accommodating.

Convinient, good location, safe, and clean hotel

The bed was non suportive. The edges were too soft forcing me to sleep towards the center; with my wife doing the same, that was not comfortable.

Laundry room in the hotel. We could wash our clothes. They even provided soap.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Good place for business stay.

Location is still fine if you have a car, but hotel charges for parking. I think it should be less price for parking.

Good place for business stay. Not far from Airport.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

a pleasant 4-nights staying

the A/C unit is out of date, noisy, had to turn it off during sleep, otherwise, just could not sleep

staffs are very friendly! always smiles! the size of room is good, the bed is comfortable. will choose it again

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Good price for LA, friendly staff
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Paying for parking. This is not usual for us at the hotels we stay at.

Good breakfast. the one we stay at in Oxnard is complimentary, but I get this is LA. Very comfy bed very clean.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Comfortable and convenient.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

No free breakfast--not even coffee service. That was a bummer. Frankly, I stay a lot at Hampton Inns, if convenient and competitive, in part due to their coffee and breakfasts.

Room and bed were quite comfortable. Location was convenient to LAX. Staff was very pleasant, helpful,and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Extra food available in foyer area for late night snack,...

Having to pay extra for parking. My bed needs to be to replaced as people sit on one side to watch TV and as a consequence slopes. As for cleaning found a pubic hair on the bath edge when went to have a bath. Gone the next day after cleaners had been. Didn't like the idea had to pay for bottled water so didn't buy it. $4.50 a bottle is steep. No conceiger services available

Extra food available in foyer area for late night snack, dinner or breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Convenient to many nice parts of LA's Westside and South Bay.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We had a fully "accessible" room, which I don't remember requesting. It was interesting and it would be fine if only they'd add a few hooks and towel bars at the usual height, in addition to the low ones. Prices are much lower only a few miles away, near the airport or in El Segundo. I may save the money next trip. I don't like paying to park.

The hotel is located near several crossroads and we could quickly get to Venice Beach, Beverly Hills, Manhattan Beach, etc ... but do consult the map on your phone before driving off in the wrong direction. Our room was clean, roomy & comfortable, with a refrigerator. There's a restaurant and mini-shop near the entrance, as well as many shops and restaurants within a half mile. The pay parking lot was easy in & out with your room card.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Very close to shopping centers.

Normally they don't allow pet. Only service animals. But I saw a person with two dogs inside a room. I can't see any disability on him. Even if he has some disabilities, why he need two dog.

Very close to shopping centers. Within10min. you can go by car to Airport, Santa Monica and Venice Beach. 15 min. to Beverly Hills, Hollywood and approx. 20 min to Universal Studios.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

nice spot but you're going to pay for it
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Well i didn't like that i had to pay to park on a lot at a place that i was staying at $18 a day.....they say you can park on the street but on weekend that's not going to work. The walls are thin because i was rooming by a room that had a all day crying baby in it.

I like the hot tub, the clean room and shops near by.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Everyone was very helpful.

No cons

Everyone was very helpful. My husband was in the hospital and I needed to adjust my stay a few times. All of the staff were professional and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Underwhelmed

Constant road noise - very poor sound insulation. Very low bath - walk in shower would be better. Overpriced - I have travelled in UK, Europe and Africa and this was the most expensive room I have paid for which was nothing out of the ordinary.

Reception computer/printer availability for air travel seat reservation and boarding passes.

Book here for convenience of location only. No bargain to be had.

Charging for parking is ridiculous. Most Courtyards offer at least a free continental breakfast, not this one. I knew I would be charged for parking and I knew about the no breakfast. I chose this for location only. I will make other plans sooner next time.

Room was comfortable. Staff was helpful.

That is was just down the street from where my daughter lives
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Fee for parking!!!! Absolutely ridiculous that you charge parking fees (expensive fee $18) to park on the hotel property!!!

That is was just down the street from where my daughter lives

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

great experience
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Would prefer bathrobes and slippers available in room. But they might be provided only on request.

Hotel located in nice neighbourhood, close to main attractions in LA and not far from the airport. Looby is amazing, the staff is extremely helpful, breakfast is superb, especially is chef's scrambled eggs. Rooms are spacious and well designed, clean and with nice view.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Always great staff! (and omelets!)

Remind guests to leave their room safes open when they leave. This is the second visit I've had to bother the hotel engineer to come open the safe for me to use. But they're great and they do it!!! (thanks)

Comfy beds- great location- excellent staff (nice to see the same desk and wait staff every time I come--always so pleasant.)

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Handy for the Airport!

It was all good for us!

We had a very warm welcome from the excellent team. Our room was spacious and very comfortable for our needs. The beds were great and the bathroom was spot on. Wi-Fi was fast enough for us. The location was what attracted us to the property and that did not disappoint! It was 10-15 min drive to the Airport. We really had a great time at the Courtyard Los Angeles. We would like to thank all the staff for a great stay!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Weekend Trip to LA
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Pool is small. Property is about 30 minutes from downtown LA, although it is close to a major freeway so getting around is easy.

Room was large and bed was super comfy. Property is extremely clean. Even though it's near a freeway, rooms are quiet. Super close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The service. The location. The terrible representation of the hotel through picture. I booked for 3 night and could barely survive the first night there. I left the hotel as soon as I could. The location was terrible with barely anything around and the parking on site of $18 per night. Not worth the money. For the same nightly rate stay in West Hollywood....better views, better people, and actually worth the money spent.

Door slam
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I did not like being woken up by my neighbors walking out their rooms and the door slams shut behind them, over and over again.

The property in general was very nice other than the actual door to the rooms themselves, could use some kind of soft close door system installed.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Room was nice and relatively quiet.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Pool was small and there was a group of 20 somethings drinking and smoking there with the gate propped open. Wasn't a family friendly setting that night. Parking was expensive.

Room was nice and relatively quiet.

Ibrahim 419
    • One Bedroom Suite

Customer service is awful and completely unresponsive.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Customer service is awful and completely unresponsive.

Without the air conditioning turned on, there was a slight...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Without the air conditioning turned on, there was a slight smell from the bathroom - which smelled like a public bathroom.