Reviews of Courtyard by Marriott Key West Waterfront 3 stars

3031-41 North Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West, FL 33040, USA

#30 of 44 hotels in Key West

From my room to the lobby has to go outside, it was rainy, inconvenient, looks more like a motel than a hotel. No beach, room smells a bit of humidity. Not what I'm use to experience with other Marriott hotels

The name

Unfortunately the room was a little bit noisy cause of the road near by. The room door needs to be better isolated from traffic noise.

got a great free upgrade from to 2 queen size beds to 4 beds! A shuttle with very friendly driver was provided for free.

The rooms smell like chemicals, the carpets are old and it is very dirty. My friend’s room has a bottle of water was already opened. Would not go back and would never recommend anyone to stay there.

The breakfast was ok

did not have free breakfast as advertised.. Bathroom in room 204 (which I stayed) was disgusting, calking around tub and tiles were moldy, also there was holes in the tiles on the walls. They did not honor my Marriott Rewards card as I did not use Marriott to book... it would have been cheaper if I booked myself!!!

I saw some ants in the washroom, and the room was dark most of the day, the pillows are horrible.

Nice resort , shuttle is available all the time to down town , free breakfast with some good options , I recommend it

The shower fittings were a little worn could do with replacing but the bathrooms were very clean

The free shuttle into town and the complimentary breakfast also the pool was very good and quiet when we stayed we really liked the ambient music at the poolside

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool was heated and nicely maintained. My two complaints are that the building (A) was right in front of a very busy main street and it was very noisy to the point I had trouble getting to sleep until the traffic died down. Very loud motocycles and trucks especially. Also the bed was quite hard. There was a thin mattress topper, but still found it uncomfortable. The breakfast, although not included was very good. The pool bar was older but nice. The bartender, Ray was very easy to talk to. I would stay there again provided I had a room in another building away from the street.

Some of the staff were a little unfriendly, most were great.

Everything was perfect, great location, free shuttle, pool, tiki bar had awesome drinks, very family friendly

Thought for the price a continental breakfast would be included. The bistro could use a little diversity for non egg eaters, and glad I brought my own tea bags as they only had coffee and OJ. Also, our tub had a weird bumpy bottom to it, but for showers it was manageable. Would never do for a bath. Rooms need microwaves

Excellent check in staff, kudos to Gabrielle Lee. Loved the shuttle to downtown and driver was very nice and informative also. Glad our other party dropped out so we could use both beds, as one was hard that my husband liked but I didn’t. Other was softer for me.

Room on the street view was extremely loud. Heard sirens, horns, and vehicles all night.

Breakfast was very good. Pool was really nice. Room in the back was so much quieter than the street view. Manager was very nice to allow us to switch rooms. Staff was very pleasant and the shuttle was a huge bonus!

too far away from main areas of interest. experienced a power outage the backup generator did not come on, no power for several hours. The breakfast was okauy.

the front desk staff and van drivers were great.

• King Room with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

2days we were late getting out of room as we were on vacation and did not get our room cleaned. Fridge in room smelled awful. Limited food choices. Breakfast line was so long and took over 20min to order and get food. No bathroom by pool or workout room. Even on days staff did clean the room they did not clean the spa tub.

Pool and front desk staff

I think they could have supplied a continental breakfast.

The Staff was ALWAYS helpful, courteous and very knowledgeable about events and places to dine around Key West. Shuttle service was very convenient and had a very good Drop Off and Pick Up schedules.

The rooms were a little dated and slightly beat up. I'm sure the climate there makes it hard to maintain. There were also some rowdy guests that were yelling in the hallway at 3am but it was Spring Break so I'm not sure there is anything to do about that. Breakfast was great and the staff were all very friendly.

Price was exorbant . Should have at least provided continental breakfast. Floors in room and bath were not very clean. Need scrubbed and polished, including corners.

No breakfast provided. Bed was way too soft. Too much road noise. Room too close to road.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

I am not at all happy with Booking.com!!! Although the hotel was more than accommodating to what we were told on Booking .com for our reserved room would be, when we arrived it wasn't the room, but thanks to the hotel they were able to give us the room. this was supposed to be a very special evening for us and Booking.com almost ruined it. I don't think I will use this site again!!! From now on I will book directly through any hotel websites when traveling!!

can't think of a thing.

We got to park right next to our room outside the sliding doors. Nice little patio with chairs and a small table. We did not have to walk far to the Hot tub and pool area. the grounds surrounding the pool were awesome. We loved the Tiki bar and that they had lunch and happy hour there. We appreciated the shuttle to the downtown area. Great trip

Nothing - will return

Comfortable place to stay with cheerful staff all over the property. Room was very comfortable and liked the microwave which came in handy. Pool and tiki bar looked great but too cold for me to enjoy. Shuttle to downtown very convenient, on time and never full although last one back at 10:45 maybe a little too early for us youngsters!

It said waterfront. I thought that meant oceanfront so I was disappointed not to be on beach. I wouldn't have paid that rate if I had known it was not gonna b oceanfront room. Our room didn't even have a view of water. It was on noisy highway. But we still had a good stay. Accommodations and staff were good. We just wanted ocean experience with our 1st trip to key west.

Convenient and easy to find

we had to leave due to the mandatory evacuation of Key West. And no breakfast in the hotel otherwise it would be a top hotel

Location has a nice pool but miles away from center Duvalstreet. But overall very good Hotel

Better view from our room. Décor in rooms need to be updated.

Room was larger than expected. Very friendly staff. Breakfast was great. Shuttle was perfect way to go downtown!

We liked it all. (be prepared, that you won't find a nice beach, but pool was awesome!)

Amazing friendly staff: Guiding us through the hotel and walking the extra mile when we were in need.

I was disappointed that the 3 rooms we booked months in advance were not together as requested. The waterfront area seems sketchy, with a lot of bushes/shrubs. Did not swim there and did not see anyone swim there during our 4 day stay. With kids I was worried about anything coming out of those shrubs. However the pool was great, there was about 3 or 4 Iguanas hanging around the pool area though, which scared the children, but they seemed harmless.

Great place, family friendly and would definitely come back or refer friends or family.

Would have liked check out 12pm, not 11am Mattress was too hard. Compared to other hotels where we have stayed the mattress was not as comfortable.

Regular transport to center of town. Hotel was in a good quiet location.

See above

$475.00 for two nights and not even a muffin. Terrible location. Hotel misrepresented itself about "waterfront". Old, dated, and very unfriendly. Female Day manager was incredibly rude. Never again. Booking .com also gets a bad rating for not fixing the mess.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was ok and quite expensive. No real beach access.

Location, pool, pool bar. Concierge (thank you Bruce) helpful staff (thank you Catherine) very comfortable and specious. Very clean.

Although the hotel is named "Waterfront" and you could think it has a good beach, it is not the case. The hotel is in the side of the key with a rough beach, and good beach for swiming and walking around is in the other side of the key. Be careful with this if you are looking for excellent locataion.

Very nice property, very friendly staff, free shutle to Key West downtown. A very good experience in Key West.

At the breakfast bar on the first morning I enquired about some chocolate powder for my cappucinno., but was told they used to have it but don't anymore as the shaker was "stolen". Thinking that the next a.m. they would have gotten the hint and gone out and bought some, I enquired again, the answer was still no. Hey Marriot, buy some chocolate powder for the coffee bar.

Very nice large pool

They have a very nice pool and a free shuttle to the center of key west. For us this was perfect. We could leave the car at the hotel and go tho key west by shuttle,

Breakfast included in all rates. Property touted as having a beach. It was not quite not did it have swimmable water. The pool was clean, but the poolside music was horrible. Should have been "margaritaville" type,music, not hardcore rock n roll like AC/DC. Not relaxing at all. The first room we had was horrific, smelled, dirty mattress and dried dead bug on the carpet. Staff moved us to 2nd floor, which was better.

The free shuttle convenience.

The only thing we disliked was having to leave.

Two employees, Sam and Bruce were absolutely the Best. They were very informative, kind and efficient at their job.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Rooms too close to the street. Can hear all the traffic. Hard to get in and out of the property.

The room was amazing. The pool was nice and heated. Thle staff was awesome.

I was happy with my 2 nights stay. Hotel even honored me a 1pm late check out (Marriott / SPG member). Good location and nice rooms. Got a room overlooking the lake and mini boardwalk at the back. Comfortable bed and clean bathroom. Hotel also provide free shuttle. Will stay there again if back in the area.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

A lot of road noise, pool noise. Suite held six people, "free breakfast" was only for 3 people. Beach was not one you'd want to swim in, murky water,

Courtyard was nice. Room was a good size. Great shuttle service.

The bathrooms have no fans. Seems strange to have such a nice place but no fans in the bathroom.

Breakfast set up was a life different than we are used to but the breakfast itself was excellent. Shuttle to downtown was great.

The "beach" access wasn't the best, knowing I'm paying extra for it, we didn't use it. And it was far from downtown but shuttle was nice to have. Checking in process was a little longer than usual. But not huge deal.

Kids loved the creatures we found among the property! Starbucks coffee was affordable, glad we didn't add breakfast wasn't great but glad the option was there, kids loved the tv at the pool, bar at pool was nice to have

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

nothing of significance would have liked an option to make tea as well as coffee in the room

Large rooms with a very very useful shuttle service to downtown excellent value even though a little bit away from the centre of key west

Having arrived somewhat early (at 1pm), I was put on early check-in list (room to be prepared). Ended up getting room at exact check-in time, which is 4pm - makes me wonder, what point is to get on that list/at what time the room would have been ready otherwise. No USB charger in the room. Breakfast - a selection from starbucks like place menu - not really up to typical Marriott standard, can choose only 1 dish/drink, not a full breakfast with juice and coffee (you have to choose one)! It might be waterfront, but it doesn't have a beach or option for swimming in sea.

big screen next to the pool allows you to watch events while sitting in the pool! Grocery store across the street gives plenty of choice without need for a car!

Friendliness of all staff. Convenience of the shuttle to downtown Key West. Room was very clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend it and will return.

Rooms are too close to road so there are too much noise. Other than the road A/C' s outer units make too much noise as well. It is not a regular Marriott no included breakfast. They even do not offer a cup of coffee but sell it.

Shuttle to the downtown.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The rooms were very comfortable and very clean. The entire hotel was clean and well maintained. The shuttle service to downtown was convenient and reliable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was great as it was near good local restaurants and stores for last minute items.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was only for 2 adults and 2 kids even though the booking was for 6 adults. This should have been honored. We booked this facility for the breakfast so we could save time.

We got an upgrade to Pent house due to Military discount. The memory foam beds were awesome.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was very slow ended up leaving and going to Dennys down the road. Lady behind counter was rude did not use gloves to prep other guests food.

Shuttle was very timely

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

The walls were pretty thin. We had a few bugs in the annexed room that isn't used much.

There was a shuttle that ran on the half hour that took you into old town! Wonderful! They upgraded our room so we had a 2 bedroom.

Requested early check in and didn't get it but we appreciated the up grade to the suite very much!

The staff was friendly, the pool was beautiful and the shuttle to downtown was great!

Expensive. Couldn't check in early or stay late

Great shuttle, nice people at front desk. Starbucks coffee and snacks, clean pool, luggage storage, comfy beds.

-only waterfront view from 2nd floor a few rooms -booking.com description improper

-far from downtown - but they provide shuttle -parking free -quiet -pool

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Extremely loud as located between a very busy four lane street close to firefighter's home and all day very busy pool with screeming and shouting. Extremely unfriendly reception staff just ignoring guest's wishes. Training highly recommended.

Very friendly and competent manager (Samanha),

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Should have booked threw reservation at the hotel directly the price would have been cheaper

Great location, . Will stay there again . Staff is friendly, Large suites spacious

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

We had problems with the room any got moved to a poor View room. We had purchased water front. Room was not that nice with broken bathroom door and mold

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

We were upgraded to Room 240 a very beautiful suite!! What a surprise and we very much appreciated it. Can't say enough good things about your facility.

No view. Was told when I got there we had waterfront then went to room no waterfront view,called n spoke with manager and she was changing our room then the maintenance man was asking us where we were moving to n called front n told us that they said we couldn't be moved. Beach n water nasty there.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Breakfast with the roaches, swimming with the reptiles, no water, no phones. Rude staff, and the police were called for an allegation against an employee, as per anther employee. Noisy rooms

Free bus

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

We had 3 rooms Room 419. 1 smelled like mildew. And when we changed rooms to room 421 the fridge was leaking from the top. And ruined our food and medicataction. And blow dryer sparked and rattled in room 415. The staff responded fast and made changes and comp at pizza. They are awsome. The pool wasn't heated enough. And it says Dusk till dawn. That means it's open night time till morning ? That's wierd. And the pool sighn says temp to 105. Called the front desk and that's not true.

The new remodeled look. And the prompt response from staff they were awsome

I would have to say the sitting option on the balcony could have been more comfortable.

Our stay at the Courtyard was excellent!. I would really like to mention Miss Gaby for going above and beyond to makes us feel right at home. Her attentive demeanor and overall joyous character was an added bonus to a great experience.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Property location was great. Not near Duval Street, so it seems more resort like without the extra fees. Room was wonderful. We had a 2 bedroom suite for our family of 5. Nice to have 2 bathrooms! Our room had a view of the pool which was so nice! Also had a balcony to sit and relax. Pool was very well maintained. Pool bar was perfect for lunch so we didn't have to leave the property and miss any sun time! Very friendly staff. The shuttle to Duval St. was so nice! Drops you off at the Conch Republic Restaurant and you are within walking distance to the docks, Duvall Street, and Mallory Square. Only a 10 minute ride downtown during high traffic times.

We reserved a king room with balcony with a pool view which we did not get because they lied and said there were none available. The hotel was less than half full and had dozens of rooms with balcony over looking the pool available. We were stuffed in a corner almost in the parking lot in a ground level non pool viewed room. The gentlemen at the front desk at the time of check in said we paid for the chance of getting a pool view balcony and a then basically said it was because we booked through bookings dot com. The bar at the pool closed at 9:15 on Saturday night when it was supposed to be open for hours longer and there were six to eight people still buying from the bar. Tv we were watching out there shut off, lights shut off and bar closed while we were sitting there. No restaurant on site. Over all a bad experience.

We loved that they had a shuttle that can take you in to town and pick you up when you need to go back to your room. The staff was very friendly and helpful with your needs and our room was right by the pool and the beach.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Time it took to check in/check out. Was hassled for a $2 fee that I never charged. My booked stay included 2 days of breakfast for myself & spouse; both days got breakfast and then had to sign a slip. 1st day I tipped $2 cash. When I checked out instead of refunding my full $100 safety deposit the girl tried to give me $98 saying I made a $2 purchase. I never made any purchase, that was the $2 that I gave a cash tip for. It was a big hassle and timely just to get my full $100 refunded.

Pool area was gorgeous; loved the tiki bar and the waterfront dock; size of room

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Can't use Marriott reward points if booking thru a third party. Suspected bed bugs when returning home. Called hotel, no return call. Called a second time, spoke to manager who said they would check and call us back. Never heard back from them. Checked on bed bug report site and found confirmed reports of bed bugs at hotel. Staff was not accommodating. Room was on a busy, noisy side of hotel and balcony faced the back of a large outdoor TV so view was very limited. All requests to staff were responded by saying since we had booked through a third party, they couldn't do anything.

The free shuttle bus was a very good bonus. Concierge was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Very noisy room" all night" with the busy road out front, Rooms were outdated, The 2nd floor shook as the washer and dryers were running at 11:00 at night, Mattresses we hard. Beach was very undesirable as in weedy bottom, lots of snakes and lizards ,very shallow and you couldn't swim there. The hot tub water had a very bad odor and left you and your swimwear smelling of the same. The pool was ok but a little on the cold side. The outside TIKI Bar is very expensive. My opinion" look elsewhere" The traffic noise will keep you up all night.

Staff was very nice.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

We had staff come to room to verify that the bugs in our room were in fact bed bugs. They asked if we had come from another hotel to which we answered NO. They were prompt in getting to our room, dealing with it and giving us our opinions. As there were no other rooms in the hotel and very unlikely to find another accommodation in peak season we had the room treated and stayed there. Not a comfortable feeling😟 My husband had many bug bites that caused him discomfort for days

Great pool, hot tub area Good breakfast Great shuttle service to centre of Key West

Nothing!!

Alex is a wonderful man. He was so helpful to us with his shuttle rides and giving us great tips on beaches, etc. The breakfast staff was also the best. All the staff was friendly and helpful. The facility is beautiful and clean.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Carpet in room needs to be replaced. Breakfast was limited, not what we were expecting.although Pamuela was great. Also,thin walls between rooms. We could hear neighbor's conversations

Staff was friendly and the shuttle was very handy and drivers were very nice.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Lack of an elevator to the various levels...I had some difficulty navigating the stairs with my having to rely on a cane.

The pleasantness of all the staff.

Concierge wasn't overly helpful

The room was large and comfortable. The best thing about staying here was the shuttle bus to downtown. We didn't have to fight traffic or find parking.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

N/a

Staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a shuttle that runs to downtown, but it ends a little early. The facilities are great and they even have their own mini beach and pier.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Air conditioning in room was noisy and you can't direct flow.

Clean comfortable helpful staff. Free clean, comfortable shuttle that ran on the half hour and was always on time.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

It was a little far away from the beaches and Duval street. Not enough room for two people at the bathroom sink. Room was in a corner where there was no sun and only shade secluded from everything on site. Way too expensive.

The bed was comfortable, they gave us a room that had a wheel chair access so plenty of room in the bathroom. Free shuttle that brought you to the pier to watch the sunset.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Absolutely nothing to complain about would stay again.

Lovely mid range hotel right by water. Regular 5 min transfer into town throughout day/eve. Pool nice and seemed peaceful even though near a busy road

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

A long walking distance from most famous tourist sites, and with virtually no parking available in historic Key West, one is forced to depend on the hotel shuttle.

A reasonably priced hotel in an otherwise expensive and congested, but very attractive, area.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

The building was located next to a very busy road. Without the ear plugs provided there is no way you can sleep. So make sure that you do not book a room in Building A.

Complimentary shuttle service to downtown, nice rooms, very clean

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

2nd floor wasn't easy carrying luggage for 2 ladies in their 70's. Didn't know food available at pool bar and inside

Beautiful pool area and rooms. Excellent staff

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Housekeeping was lacking when we checked in, but got better as our stay progressed.

The facility itself was exceptional. The front desk and bartenders were very friendly and professional.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

The work out room. It smelled like an old smoker room. No one would work out in there. It's terrible. A continental breakfast would have been nice. Shower barely worked as did the refrigerator in our room.

The rooms were nice and liked the ability to have a balcony. Pool area was nice