Reviews of Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village 3 stars

8623 Vineland Avenue, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32821, USA

#108 of 407 hotels in Orlando

Based on 1924 hotel reviews

Pre-Disney Family Stay

We love this hotel! Rooms are a good size, beds are comfy, pool area is great. Playground area is fun for kids. Location is very convenient when going to Disney.

front desk clerks wereyoung and didn't have the answers to some of the ques asked

Parking

When we got there, apparantly there was a wedding or a wedding party which made parking extremely difficult. Uf your goibg to charge your guest 10.00 a night, atleast make sure there is a po arking spot available, make the party guest park way un the back. Also refrigerator in room dud not work.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Close to parks - Disappointing hotel

1 : no free coffee or breakfast 2: no free parking 3: no fan in bathrooms & phone in room didn’t work. I called down to the desk , said they would take care of it , but never did . Requested balcony , was told over the phone no problem- when we checked in they said they never got that request . And would be a up charge of $50.00 al & all pretty disappointed.

free shuttle to the parks - friendly staff .

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Beds were comfy and clean
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

They charge for shuttle to other parks ..and disney shuttle is very limited. I had to walk across the street to sister hotel to make reservation to take a shuttle to Disney and again very limited times. Felt as big as this complex is they can do better than that. Smaller hotels in the area have the shuttle's coming and going throughout the day, i believe this hotel had 4 slots that you had to reserve..😟

Beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Every time we came back into the hotel through the side door...

Every time we came back into the hotel through the side door next to to the lobby, the area smelled like a dirty bathroom. Even when we went through the lobby...the entire main floor smelled bad.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

good for one night

Our room said 2 queens and a pull out and the queens I believe were fulls and their was no pull out bed we got a cot which was fine, there’s only 1 elevator on the 4th floor it was like a 10 min walk to get to from our room and there was a dirty shirt shoved behind the curtain from a previous stay which makes me think my room wasn’t cleaned when I told the girl at check out about it she was rude like I wasn’t trying to get anything free I just wanted to let her know and she kept saying did u tell someone did u tell someone yes I’m telling u cuz I just saw it

The man at check in was great such a nice guy the room was nice we didn’t use the faculties as we were there for 1 night

Learn for the future

I would charge for parking when I look at the app and say was free parking once my days were over I looked the statement and I was charge

The it was very clean

Super clean and cozy
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I loved how clean the room was. How modern and nice everything was. How cozy the place was and the air conditioning was amazing. And last customer service was in point.

Lost & Found

I called the hotel after I had checked out because I realized that I left a pair of shoes in the room. I was directed to leave a message with the Lost & Found department, but never received a return phone call. I called another time, with the same results. Frustrating because up until this experience I loved every part of staying at this hotel.

Staff was super nice!

No fridge in the room and the room was a bit hot when we arrived, but eventually got cool when we turned on the air.

Staff was super nice! Room was clean and comfy. Pretty spacious. Food was delicious! Distance from the park is perfect.

Excellent hotel and staff, everything is extremely clean and comfortable. Highly recommend

Pool was closed in the middle of the day on a busy Sundy afternoon

The staff, the cafe, plenty of parking spaces, comfortable beds, clean rooms, spacious rooms

Courtyard better then fairfield inn

The convenience stores and fast food places had vagrants and bad service stale food at mcdonalds wierdos at taco bell and the gas station across street charged 5.99 gallon of gas.

Courtyard better then fairfield inn

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

enjoyable stay after a few issues on arrival

no safety deposit box in room only at reception. air conditioning in room very noisy so we had to change rooms on first night after unpacking everything which was annoying after a long day travelling. second room much better but the balcony was filthy with no view as it looked onto a roof

rooms clean, staff pleasant and excellent location, starbucks on site

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Every thing was great and the room was big and clean

The shuttle must be every 10 mins not every hour and they should consider a shuttle to desiny spring and Universal studios for free

Every thing was great and the room was big and clean

Highly Recommended!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast Buffet looked appetizing, but $22.00 per person was a bit much.

Beautiful, pristine accommodations/property in close proximity to Disney Springs, Outlet Mall, quality dining and other attractions. Superb Value!

Expensive Breakfast, No coffee, Parking fee

I understood there was breakfast when I booked & at check in I was told they have breakfast. Oh boy was I surprised when I got there & learned you paid over $10 for breakfast & not even complimentary coffee. Then at check out $10 more was on my bill for parking If this info was on the Ad I never would have booked here. It was Misleading.

It was clean but I could have had clean for alot less.

Great family friendly accommodation

Excellent location, very comfortably sized rooms. Facilities were excellent, very handy to have a laundry for longer stay travellers. Surrounding restaurants were excellent. Nice sized pool with jacuzzi. The free shuttle to Disney was very handy. Will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and will be back.

It may be time to buy new beds. The right side was slanting to the floor.

The pool area was amazing. There was plenty of seating and the chairs and lounge chairs were high enough for people with less leg strength to get up and down. This property is fairly close to Disney without paying for Disney World hotel prices. It is in a gated area. I appreciate the security.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The security staff set the tone for the stay.

The restaurant inside was pricey

The security staff set the tone for the stay. They were helpful with directions and they greeted me and my family with a smile. Once inside the hotel staff treated my parents as if they were a king and queen. The facility was always clean. Staff was near and clean. One of the front desk member black young guy with nice neat corn rolls remember me and my family by our name. He checked us in and out. He was able to give my parents great places to dine during their stay. Overall I would recommend this place.

Most likely to stay again, great location, close to Disney and shopping. Restaurants close by

Restaurant/Food court was understaffed (but they were friendly and courteous)

rooms were clean and well maintained. staff were friendly and helpful. Overall rating was excellent, would stay again.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Hotel was in a great location, close to shopping, Disney and...

The downside is you have to pay for parking.

Hotel was in a great location, close to shopping, Disney and lots of restaurants. The hotel was clean and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. The pool area was great.

I loved the atmosphere in this place.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I loved the atmosphere in this place. There's a community feel to it since there's two other Marriot's in the village. I also loved that it's gated!

Love the Mariott Hotels

Couldn't find A luggage cart on the check out day, checked all the floors and elevator areas and called the front desk. It rang 30 rings and no one ever answered. So had to lug all the bags out by hand.😳 One day during our stay the room wasn't serviced or cleaned. Don't like the extra 10 a day for parking. This isn't a cheap hotel the rates should include free parking.

Loved pretty much everything else. Check in and out were quick and pleasant. The pools were lovely. The hotel was clean and very comfortable. The beds and pillows were sooo comfy. Rooms were very very clean with lots of towels. I was very happy with my stay here and ended up extending my stay for 3 additional day's. The rooms were updated and cheerful unlike other places I have stayed in Orlando. It's in a gated community with lots of security cams. Feels safe. AC super cold !!!❤❤🌴🌴 Also, you can use any of the 3 pools or gyms as you see fit. Am going back to Orlando next week and will be staying at this complex again. I highly recommend

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Good value for the price

Breakfast at this hotel is a very unpleasant experience. There's often a free for all scramble tables in a very crowded dining room. Food is served buffet style with very long queues, for what is a particularly limited selection of breakfast items. (Tip for the hotel - buy more toasters: a 10 minute queue for toast is amusing but only for the first 30 seconds or do). However, it's a big, tourist hotel so this may be in line with expectations.

The staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Bed was comfortable.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Too much traffic. TV did not work at all and after notifying the front desk, no one came to fix it. $5 for a bottle if water on desk in room when you arrive. As much as the room cost, you would think they could afford to GIVE you a bottle of water.

Bed was comfortable. Room was a decent size. Did comp our parking fees since our TV did not work.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Everyone at the property was friendly and awesome from the people at the desk all the way to the people who cleaned your room it is a great place to stay

Courtyard Marriott- Marriott Village

This is one of the best hotels I've stayed at in a while. The beds and pillows are so comfy. The rooms are spotless and cleaned with care. The staff has been beyond helpful. I will def stay here on my return trips. ❤ The Marriott Village is gated so there is an additional safety factor that I appreciate. You can use any of the three pools and gyms. Love this hotel, and the rates were reasonable.

Fabulous

The only didn't like is having to pay for parking at the hotel.

I loved everything about the hotel, especially having access to computers and printers. The staff was extremely pleasant and very professional. The property is very nice and larger lobby area.

Nickle and dime you

Everything was extra $$Parking was extra, breakfast was extra$$. The Marriot 20 steps next door provided breakfast for their guests. The free Wifi didn't work most of the time.

The pool and scenery was relaxing. The rooms were clean. Although the times and spaces for the shuttle were limited it did bring you to Disney World which helped with the parking fees at the parks.

Excellent hotel for Disney area

Wouldn't recommend the onsite restaurants but plenty of other options close by.

Spacious, clean room and nice pool area. Staff at the reception desk were friendly and helpful. Excellent location and really good value for money.

Loved it and recommend it , would stay again.

Hallways were warm and inside elevators for what reason I don’t know for 4 days of my trip.

Loved it and recommend it , would stay again. Beds comfortable n room clean, oh a microwave was a plus. Gated key card entrance felt more safe.

Closeness to the parks.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Noise, the room was small and I could here everything people in other rooms were saying. Loudness from other rooms nearby didn’t make the stay a pleasant one. Breakfast Buffet was not worth the $18 charged, at best this type of breakfast should be included for the price of the room. That’s what most hotels of its kind do.

Closeness to the parks.

I politely asked the front desk to address my AC that wasn’t...

I politely asked the front desk to address my AC that wasn’t working in my room. They insisted that nothing was wrong with it and did nothing to resolve the problem. I had to switch to their other property, the Fairfield which was way better!

I loved it it was awesome thank u

I loves everything, the employees were friendly the hotel was very clean the breakfast was awesome i love the gym the pool everything cant wait to visit again

Thank you so much for everything.

Our room was extremely humid. Other than that, everything was really great.

Thank you so much for everything. So accommodating and great location. We enjoyed our stay.

Great location - great team - very convenient and a great value for the money!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Arrived very late at night and there was a very large party ahead of me in line - the host was extremely patient with the party and handled the situation extremely well. When I stepped up to the desk, he was just as cheerful and welcoming as I would expect during the middle of the day. Great job!!

Clean hotel.

Had to get a new room key 3 times because they stopped working for some reason. Needed room key to get in and out of pool area, so we had to wait for someone to come open the door to go into the lobby because the key didn’t work. Room had a “pool view” but also a rooftop of air conditioners and rusty metal.

Clean hotel. Very friendly staff. Nice pool. Had some activities in the lobby but we didn’t participate.

Cooley’s Take On Disney

The front desk staff needs training in treating the guest with warmth and hospitality...they were not friendly at all except one, and it was fake!!! They all men & women need more training in greeting and just being nice with a pleasant smile etc... they are the first people one see... ijs

Very nice pool area and hotel, close to theme parks. Very good value.

That there was a connecting door to the next room over with a large space under it.

The front desk was very responsive to an incident with a noisy, smoking, disruptive neighbor having a party in their room until 6AM.

Great experience at the Marriott!

Nothing was unlikable.

The front entrance waterfall gave a great first impression, decor inside the hotel fabulous, rooms larger than most with a couch, connections with stores, play area, common area between hotels. I would go there again and I would recommend it highly.

Amazing place, very conveniently close to everything

Staff didn’t inform us of final departure times of shuttles from Disney world, which meant we assumed they’d be running until the parks closed, but the shuttles actually finish earlier

Amazing place, very conveniently close to everything

I loved the location of the hotel, close to everything

The bathrooms don't have vents. I wish there were more tables near the pool with umbrellas only a few that are far away and you can't see the children from where they were.

Good location and great value for money. Get some umbrellas!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Bitterly disappointed that there were no umbrellas for shade on sunbeds. The trees only provided shade for part of the day. The only umbrellas were on the tables and chairs. Not everyone likes to sunbathe and I like reading on a sunbed under a brolly.

The king sized bed was very comfortable and the balcony was great to sit on overlooking the pool area. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. It was great that i could get Netflix on the TV.

Florida vacation 2018

Everything about this hotel was excellent, food , staff , location couldn’t fault anything . Will definitely return . Especially thanks to heather in reception nothing was too much trouble .

The property was awesome the scenery was amazingly beautiful...

The parking spaces were very tight in space it was hard to squeeze in between other vehicles especially if you are driving a van or suv

The property was awesome the scenery was amazingly beautiful and very close to dining restaurants and shopping stores very convenient

Convenience to Disney
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The breakfast was expensive. I thought there was a breakfast area and went ro the Starbucks. After buying realized there was an expensive buffet onsite. Pretty confusing

Convenience to Disney

Absolutely hate places that don’t include parking in the...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Absolutely hate places that don’t include parking in the price of the room I think that’s ridiculous. Also, could hear kids screaming at the playground thing until about 11 pm...cool for kids but gets kind of annoying after a bit.

DISAPPOINTD
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

DISAPPOINTED THEY CHARGED FOR PARKING. I WAS GIVEN A HANDICAP ROOM & WHEN YOU TOOK A SHOWER THE WATER WENT ALL OVER THE BATHROOM.. THE A/C WAS NOT COOLING WELL, CALLED MAINTENANCE NOBODY CAME. POOL CLOSED AT 10PM

ROOM WAS CLEAN. GREAT LOCATION

location great no more than 20 min away from any park w/o expensive resort fees
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Back elevator by our room was down and for me to pay for parking when come in late had to park to far away.

Hotel was beautiful and clean with friendly and helpful employees will stay again.

Loved how close it was to Disney and that it was gated.

The refrigerator wouldn’t stay cold but for two hours, they failed to clean my room on the day i asked so i was left with no towels or washcloths to shower that night. I ended up falling asleep waiting on towels i had to wait so long. Also i only received one room key that worked and then the room key that did work only worked one two doors in the whole hotel. I couldn’t even go out to the pool without getting locked out.

Loved how close it was to Disney and that it was gated. The rooms were clean and spacious

For the most part it was a relaxing experience.

Room location was near the loading dock. The second night we had loud noises coming from the delivery trucks and staff members working around until late at night. Cleanliness is a plus everywhere in the facility.

Restaurant and front desk staff are excellent at customer service.

People need to control their kids.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Other guests children were loud and out of control. Pool was unusable becasue of the amount of Children in it, and that's not a problem. But they were out of control and were using the Jacuzzi's unsupervised. We felt as if there needed to be some guidlines or something in place. We really wanted to use the Pool/ Jacuzzi but weren't due to the amount of kids in both until the time the pool area closed.

The Room was great! And the facility was clean and modern looking

It was a nice experience, and I liked the fact that the hotel was in a gated area.

I didn’t like the fact that the hotel did not offer complimentary breakfast. The bistro on-site was pricey for the type of food on the menu. Also, $10 a night for parking was a little harsh given the fact that there was very little parking available (especially at night). Lastly, one of the room keys wouldn’t work and we had to get it refreshed every night.

The hotel had a nice, modern feel. It was also relatively close to the Disney parks.

It was clean and comfortable, and very close to Disney.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We didn't like that breakfast wasn't included, and that the price to pay for breakfast was ridiculously high.

It was clean and comfortable, and very close to Disney.

My stay was great!

If you want breakfast it is very expensive and they need more parking spaces. You often have to park far away.

The rooms were spacious and the facility was very friendly.

We enjoyed the comfor of the room and location of the hotel.

On the third day, housekeeping forgot to refill the tray for their complimentary cups and coffee . I had to call receptions to send someone over to send them.

Great service

The spa hours, i wanted to enjoy the Whirlpool once i was done with my day but it was closed...

Everyone was very kind and they made sure everything was as expected...

The room was updated, clean and comfortable.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The location was not as convenient as some others in the area. Plan for extra time leaving as traffic was completely backed up either direction outside the hotel in the morning on a Sunday. Very inconvenient.

The room was updated, clean and comfortable. Property was secure behind gated entry. Shower was new with plenty of hot water.

Clean room.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Shuttle to the parks was not that great. You have to book it in advance and it might be already full if you get to the hotel late. We waited for around 15-20 min for the 8:00 am shuttle and it never came. Had to take a Lyft instead. Last shuttle back to the hotel was at 10:30 pm and the previous one was around 5:30 pm? But the fireworks at Epcot starts at 9:00 pm and the park closes shortly after that. :(

Clean room. Staff member was very helpful. Bed was comfortable.

I love how easy check in and check was.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

On Booking.com there wasn’t an indicator about the $10 parking fee. I wish I knew about it BUT the fee is cheaper than the other hotels around.

I love how easy check in and check was. The staff were very nice and showed they cared about their customers. The food was delicious! Location is awesome. Very close to Disney Springs.

We enjoyed our stay.

We felt quite disappointed when we found out that the other two hotels in the complex offered free breakfast but our hotel didn’t. We had assumed that complimentary breakfast would be part of the package and it wasn’t which is fine but felt annoyed that the others in your chain in the complex did offer it.

Felt very safe and location was great. Kids loved pool.

The property is beautiful and appears to be well kept.

Some of the staff appeared to be inconvenienced with questions. We had a problem with the ac unit being noisy, maintenance came and looked and stated they would be there the next morning to repair. We were there 3 more days and maintenance never returned. Repeated conversations with staff went unanswered. At checkout we left a note for the manager to call regarding our stay, we still have not been contacted by management.

The property is beautiful and appears to be well kept.

Generally I like Marriott properties and they are my first choice... I adjusted!

Parking was not always convenient. I booked my reservation quite a few weeks in advance and had requested a room with a nice pool view and balcony. The room assigned had a rooftop overhand which blocked and only allowed partial view of pool area. I call hotel customer service and they moved me to another room that had neither view or balcony... they either weren't listening to my request or were not familiar with the hotel room locations. I then had to go back to the front desk and request my first room back with the rooftop overlook. On the other side of the courtyard were rooms with lovely views and no obstructions... I was told they were taken. I felt that by booking as early as I had and we were there for 4 nights, my husband is a Marriott Awards member and we were spending a great deal of time at the hotel ... we were not there to spend days in the amusement parks ... someone was obviously not listening to my request. Overall I would stay there again ... and give it another try.

The staff very pleasant ... was greeted always. The overall cleanliness of the facilities.

Great Family Place!

Have no complaints.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was modern and very clean. The pool was beautiful and had indoor pool that connected to the one outside. The hotel is located in a small village, with two other hotels next too it. The parking is gate controlled and they have a small park with a kids playground and a fitness center. Several restaurants within walking distance. Overall, great experience.

Overall, our stay was good. We enjoyed the convenience of Starbucks and the pool.

The advertising for the shuttle could have been more accurate. We did not have a car and assumed that we would not have to worry about transportation. Had we known we could have rented a car.

The hotel was very clean and the staff was pleasant.

Cant wait to visit again

No complimentary breakfast 😫. The beds were lumpy

The staff was nice. I was able to upgrade to a pool balcony. The rooms were big and clean. Nice pool and lounge area. I would most definitely stay there again and recommend them to others. Thanks for an enjoyable stay😊😊🤗🤗

very nice hotel, new, clean, nice friendly staff. Great location.

There was not anything that I really did not like. I think maybe another place to get something to eat possibly? I see there was some

This was a really nice hotel. Great location right by Disney Springs entrance. Very nice stay, clean and the fountain out front was pretty. liked the outside area for the kids to play and the tables to sit and relax to eat. Also, loved the fact that it had a gym open 24 hours that was really nice! pool area was nice had inside and outside areas. I would stay here again and refer others to stay there.

Very comfortable, exciting and felt staff sincerely cared, especially the Chef Manager David.

I had a hard time finding the property entrance which made me cross and cranky. Image that. I did get upset the first time I used the Bistro as the ladies did not understand and I feel I paid entirely to much for something. I could not use the buffet do to being unable to stand long and carry food to my table using my cane. It would be nice to be offered Service to help carry choice to my table.

Staff was exceptually friendly and helpful I especially enjoyed the well prepared food service. The property Chef David is an excellent chef and manager who made extra effort to circulate with guest to assure their food was prepared and served well. I am elderly and alone and he took time to greet me and share information to help me enjoy my stay. Clearly, this man and the staff are professional and very considerate . They should be your most valuable asset.i pray you pay them well and would hope nice bonuses to honor their service. I have traveled a lot but not so much in recent years as I just do not feel like dealing. With my handicaps but now I will .

Breakfast buffet is expensive for what it is. I felt it should have been included with the room. The room keys were also very frustrating and I had to keep having mine reset because I would get to my room and it wouldn’t work.

It was a good decision to stay at Courtyard by Marriot. It was so convenient getting around.

The room was very spacious and always kept clean. Lighting was good. Location was great. We had easy access (by car) to Disney World, Universal Studios and Premium Outlet stores. The cafe at the ground floor (w/ starbucks) was a bonus

The room was clean and a nice size, beds comfortable.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The room was clean and a nice size, beds comfortable. The staff was great, fast check in and check out, very friendly. The location was close to all the attractions and shopping. We will stay again.

Very relaxing

The property was very clean and staff very friendly, it was in a security gated community which was a pleasant surprise, we did not eat in the dining room but it looked nice, we hope to get to use the beautiful pool area on our next visit , was surprised to pay to park but when you consider it is security area that was fine We will definitely book a room again

Pool Area

Was very commercial/ business orientated. Had to pay for parking and breakfast. Expected and accepted this. (Didn’t have breakfast.) Very disappointed no complementary coffee or iced water in reception. Have stayed at Marriott’s before we’re all these were complementary.

Pool Area

Facilities where exactly as expected.

We called about a half an hour prior to arrival to see a bathroom was ready. They could not find a reservation for us. They told us they would call us back. I told them we would be there in 20 minutes. When I got there Christian at the counter was very helpful. He confirmed there was an issue between Marriott in booking and that the reservation had not been placed. If I had not received and kept the confirmation email I’m not sure things would’ve worked out

Facilities where exactly as expected. Courtyard by Marriott iHas, and will continue to be, one of my favorite facilities. We had a problem at check-in and Lucy and Christian couldn’t have been more helpful.

enjoyed my stay

pool is kinda plain but was nice and clean

great hot water bedding was awesome really nice place. These guys were great we could not find a room the night before so we were tired and they let us check in early on Friday and that helped us alot Thanks guys