Reviews of Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City 3 stars

1212 Pacific Avenue , Atlantic City, NJ 08401, USA

#2 of 35 hotels in Atlantic City

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

I was there because I was racing IronMan Atlantic City.

I was there because I was racing IronMan Atlantic City. Very friendly staff. Considering it was a very busy weekend, all staff was accommodating and helpful. The Valet guys were working hard and getting those cars in and out quick. The staff had food and water set up at 4am for athletes and their families. Definitely recommend!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Best place for value, comfort, care and location!

The beds were great, loved the gym and it’s 24 hour usage! The tv was very nice and had a wide range of films to watch and free live sports! The location was perfect! Only a few minutes walk from the beach and broadwalk.

The food was good.

Lack of communication far the room initially was out of order and the staff did not mark it down. Made us try different keys to found out it’s out of order. And the room was on the 11th floor.

The food was good. And the rooms were comfortable.

I love my bed and the pillows were comfortable.

Making sure hallways are vaccumed and rugs that are starting to get soiled clean carpet

I love my bed and the pillows were comfortable. I slept well took the catalog to order for my house. It is very difficult for me to fall asleep.

The property was clean and secure.

The property was clean and secure. We loved that it was such a short walking distance to the beach. Also your vehicle is safe with there valet parking services and secure parking lot. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to family and friends.

Wouldn’t stay at Marriott again. I was very disappointed

The room smelled like mold. The breakfast that we payed for with our room. Was not worth the money. The room was very expensive for what was available

Overall we had a nice stay!!

They fact that Marriot Courtyard AC Nj doesn’t have a swimming pool. I get it’s by the beach however when it rains and you can’t get to the beach the kids get bored.

Staff were friendly Chasen and Natasha the bartender provides great customer service skills.

I have stayed in several Marriott hotels. This by far was our worst experience.

The cleanliness of the entire hotel was poor. The room was missing a countertop. The room was tidied up but did not look or smell clean. The restaurant was infected with bugs and flies!

The restaurant and its staff were wonderful. The desk staff were polite but stoic. The decor of the hotel was fabulous. The food was delicious.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

we will not stay at that location again

they said that the only room was a handicap room we didnot like it . I was not told that I had to pay for parking. for that much money things could have been better .

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Itchy sheets

I felt as though the sheets weren't clean very itchy I took the sheets off and figured maybe I just needed new ones but the next day still itchy I ended up. Checking out early

Staff at the front desk was very nice the valet parking staff was nice

I'm very picky but overall me and my husband were very impressed

The rooms are very clean and well stocked. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The beds are very comfortable..They have complimentary breakfast which was good.Full breakfast , not that continental breakfast they serve you at other hotels.

Wasn't worth the price if your expecting an Oceanview and I have never paid to park anywhere I have

The room description was oceanview and pictures on website were oceanview however the pictures were taken from a window at the end of the hall, none of the rooms really face the ocean. The Bistro in the lobby says its hours are til 11 however we got back to the hotel at 10:30 and was told they were closed but the cook agreed to make us food. Description says there is parking for a fee but doesn't say a valet fee of $20 per day.

Staff was very friendly, location was close to the boardwalk.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

No local casinos had rooms, this was a great choice!

nothing, everything was good.

The hotel was clean, staff was friendly, room was clean. I needed a taxi, phoned the front desk and by the time I reached the lobby, the taxi was there; super service.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

I would definitely stay there again

My ONLY critiques were the bathroom configuration.(You can't get out of the shower with the bathroom door open. Not that big a deal but one that I've never encountered before.) and the $12 Valet ONLY parking fee. I prefer to park my own car and if it's not an option, it should be free.

For $150 less than the cheapest Casino Hotel in town, the Marriot was a great find! It was clean, updated furnishings and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Good Value of Money

Levies and Taxes on top of the room tariff. Per day parking charges and very limited menu items for breakfast ( not even reasonable )

Rooms are really good sized. Value for money. Good staff and property very kept very nicely and neatly.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Friendly staff, very clean rooms, close to the beach.

The staff was very friendly and the room was large and comfortable. The beach and the boardwalk were less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel and while it wasn't the best neighborhood, we did not feel unsafe at any time.

Besides the breakfast it was nice

That I had to pay for parking And that I had to pay extra for the breakfast which was included in the price because we went over the limit required which we were not even made aware of Also not a very wide variety of food select Also I wanted a large mocha the lady told me that I could only order a small mocha I did not like that

The room was very nice and clean I liked that they had WiFi

I enjoyed my stay because of the quality of the hotel and the location to the beach.

The bed was too high for my preference.

The staff was very friendly. The room and bathroom were extremely clean. The bed was very soft and comfortable. The decor of the room was very attractive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an awesome hotel for the price.

Staff was friendly.

Staff was friendly. Valet helpful and quick. Close to the boardwalk-walking distance. Bed was comfy. Could get a good night’s sleep if that’s what guests like but it was noisy! Used the gym-could be cleaner but had everything needed to get a workout in. The view there and from the room was the pits.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

It was really close to the beach, 6-7 min walk !

We did not know that there was only valet parking, no other option. So it was an additional fee on top of the fee for the parking per night (the parking fee per night was well explain on the Booking.com website)

It was really close to the beach, 6-7 min walk ! Clean and comfortable !

Good in room coffee.

Not so easy to get to beach. Quite a bit of walking to get to healthy food or good coffee

Good in room coffee. Great beds and whites bedspreads. Great cleaning staff. Good valet service. Quick and not too expensive. Parking cost everywhere.

The rooms were clean but the carpet had tape on the floor...

The food was very plain and had fruit flies flying around our food. For Almost $400 a night I expected much better food and no bugs.

The rooms were clean but the carpet had tape on the floor separating the carpet from the front tile area

I have stayed in a Marriott hotel before and was very happy but not this time. Very Dissatisfied

The safe box didn’t work and I had to meet other people do I had to take my valuables. I ask to get my room change to king and there was no rooms. I found that hard to believe it was Thursday. So they said that they would give me a glass of wine. Really

The room was very clean

Overall Enjoyable Stay.

The bed sheets and cover are ok. It’s good idea to replace them with new set.

The location is a walking distance from the boardwalk. The vallet parking is very helpful. The room condition is clean. The beds are fine. The staff, the front desk the bartender all are very helpful.

For the same money we would better go to the Dominican Republic, Las Terrenas next time

We stayed at Marriot from Monday July 2 till Wednesday July 4. At the time of reservation it showed the total price $ 278 and to pay for the parking $ 10.69 per night. When we arrived at the hotel we were surprised that they only had valet parking for $ 20 per night + taxes. Booking.com provided us with the wrong information. Also we paid in taxes around $ 90 which wasn’t mentioned on the booking.com. The hallway was not clean enough for 3 days we stayed there it wasn’t vacuumed. We are family of 4 and every day the hotel provided us with the hospitality kit for 1 person. It wasn’t convenient to go to the reception and to ask for additional soap/shampoo considering that the hotel was full and there were lines to take an elevator and to talk to the receptionist. The towels weren’t clean and even torn. The cover sheet on the double bed was probably smaller size, wasn’t even enough to cover and my daughter and I were pulling it on each other side the whole night. We didn’t like Atlantic City in general. Exaggerated prices for almost everything. Overcrowded boardwalk is dirty, smell of burnt oil from the eateries. The location is to be desired, view to the parking lot and the nearest resort casino, there is no garden view or sea view, the area is run-down and full of homeless people, police sirens keep us awake all night long... The conclusion: for the same money we would better go to the Dominican Republic, Las Terrenas next time, where we like to go at any possibility. The ocean there is incomparable. Kilometers of white sand and long empty beaches.

Adequate.

There was a $5.00 charge for a bottle of water in the room!!. Front desk could have been a little nicer.

There was a room available before check-in which we got. They also accommodated me with a room near the elevator since I walk with a cane. Both were appreciated.

The front desk is as great.

The front desk is as great. We had checked out and ended up having a hiccup in our plans. I called and asked if we could use the room and the staff was great and issued us new keys and allowed us a late checkout.

Super Clean & Close To Boardwalk

The staff was very accommodating, regarding our early check-in time and late check-out time the next day. Parking was valet style and billed to room ($27/day), made things really easy. The rooms and the bathrooms and all the towels and sheets were clean and nothing smelled of smoke (I'm a clean freak, so it was clean). Our room had a fridge, and coffee/hot water machine and everything was clean and tidy. The hotel was super close to the boardwalk and Steel Pier, so we had a great time walking around knowing that we could easily get back to our room.

Comfort has a name

I didn't like the notes with threats of charging you extra charges. It made me feel uncomfortable to touch anything. O think they charge for those Figi waters in your room dont drink them

I loved how clean and comfortable the beds and rooms was. The decor of the place was beautiful.

Not happy about overcharges!

No room service available. No pool. $100.00 overcharge above online price quoted and repetitive charges for the same items. Marriott used to be a classier organization. Now too formula.

Very quick check-in and checkout processing.

I liked that the hotel was really clean.

I am however very disappointed that the hotel did not have an pool. The outside areas around the hotel are horrible. My fiancé and I were trying to find a place to eat when we were followed for a good 10 minuets, by a woman who wanted money. And since the hotel is surrounded by the ghetto I would’ve liked to have been able to enjoy a pool in my hotel. Lastly parking is $12 a day not $10 like it says on here.

I liked that the hotel was really clean.

Great, clean hotel with good breakfast.

Slightly dodgy location. We had to leave the hotel at 5am and there where a few "odd" people hanging around outside.

Rooms very clean and breakfast was great. We also used the gym.

I truly enjoyed my stay here, it was ver near to everything,...

I wish the coffee was free for the guests in the room. Not really a complaint.

I truly enjoyed my stay here, it was ver near to everything, the room was great, ver comfortable, the guest service was amazing, easy checking in and out, I love that they don't mention what room you're in, they're very private and conserved with your information. Totally an excellent exoerience would defenetly book with them again.

would stay again without hestitation

This hotel was excellent. The staff were Friendly and helpful. the room was awesome. just a short walk from the beach and broad walk and 3 mins from the outlet mall. This was the last hotel in a '9 hotel stay in the states, and by far was the best hotel

I don’t recommend no one to go there

The was so dirty for me to sit on the chair I had to put a sheet on the chair this is just ridiculous I go to other Marriott this one just crazy

Staff is great and overall stay was excellent!

I did not like that you had no pool. The bistro staff was great tho they ran out of food quick could not order what we wanted.

Housekeepers were extremely friendly. We like to be close to the boardwalk. I like the view. Great Irish pub close by.

Very disappointing that Valet Parking was $20/day for...

Very disappointing that Valet Parking was $20/day for guests. That is a bit expensive compared to a resort valet fee of $5-$10 for the entire stay.

I only had decaf coffee in my room.

The bar shut at about 9pm and didn’t look as if it had any draft beer on tap.

I only had decaf coffee in my room. I mentioned this to the receptionist who gave me a good supply of regular coffee.

nice hotel..not great neighborhood

the neighborhood was horrible. we felt very unsafe walking down the street except on the street to the beach.

The cafe sold great food. The room was nice..

Disappointing. I’ve been here before too but won’t go back

Front desk attitude and handling of problem. Have Ac on on a 95 degree day when guests are arriving /

Checked into a hot and stuffy room although we called on our way down and confirmed 3pm checkin. After unpacking we realize our AC does not work and the Mgmt did not seem to care or offer any help- my husband walks with cane. They had the nerve to call the new room one floor up to ask why we made a minor mess in the original room and would not speak to us the rest of time there. Of course we messed up beds a little - We thought we were staying in the room until we realize the AC didn’t work

Liked everything

The room was clean and neat. Bathroom clean, soft towels. Bed linens were comfy. A very warm feeling from all staff and they were very helpful.

Not Worth It

This place did not offer anything outside of the necessities. My friends and I were nickeled and dimed for everything. They have a parking lot right behind the hotel yet you are required to pay for valet for your stay. My group as well as others we came across were all under the impression they had a pool, but they don't.

It's a great location. Not far from the outlets or a good place to eat.

The room and view from our floor was beautiful.

Clean. Just wish our ice machine was working on the floor. Was on the 8th floor and had to go to the 15th.

The room and view from our floor was beautiful. Staff especially the breakfast crew was extremely courteous and accommodating and helpful.

The staff is so nice and helpful and the location is just...

No balcony and the windows in my room didn’t open for fresh air

The staff is so nice and helpful and the location is just amazing being that close to the beach and boardwalk.

clean rooms

front desk staff gave me a room when I first arrived that still had other people inside. My wife and I were horrified to open room 408 and see suit cases on the floor and a person in there. When I went back to front desk she acting like it wasn't a big deal and it happens all the time. Now my wife has a fear that someone will just walk into our room one day, this "no big deal" experience will hinder my wife from traveling. I really hate that situation happened all because the staff didn't care!!!!

clean rooms

Nice hotel in a treacherous neighborhood

No hot food available, didn’t feel safe in the neighborhood

Bed was extremely comfortable but pillows were too firm. Close proximity to the boardwalk/beach.

I loved my stay! A short walk to the beach!

The side street leaving the hotel walking to the beach was dirty with trash and dead rodents. It took away from the cleanliness and charm of the property. Marriott needs to address that with the city and other businesses.

Great hotel, location and price. All the staff were so friendly! I would definitely stay again.

It was a nice leisurely getaway

I didn't like that i heard someone talking in the next room and it sounded like they were in the room with us and i miss the old buffet style breakfast

I liked the comfortness and cozy appeal of the room

Short and sweet

No pool, no continental breakfast , valet parking price is higher than the last time I stayed at Wyndham (next door). So many additional taxes on my bill.

Cleanliness, good pillows, nice layout

The hotel was very clean & nice.

Did not like the breakfast it was terrible!!! Didn't like the fact we had to pay for parking per day! The area of the hotel was terrible it was right across the street from a drug rehab center and drug addicts all over the streets it was very uncomfortable which is sad since the hotel is very nice.

The hotel was very clean & nice. Staff was friendly.

I didn't like that you don't require proof of room...

I didn't like that you don't require proof of room when ordering from the bistro. Someone used my room number and charges was on my bill that was not made by me. I didn't have a problem getting them removed but no one should have to deal with that.

The room, its amenities and the Hotel’s parking, met expectations and we’re good value.

Walking in the area around hotel appears to be a dangerous undertaking. And, there is no Family style restaurant within the hotel. The menu at the bar is in adequate and overpriced. Safety inside the Hotel was a matter of some concern as women, who appeared to be prostitutes, were working using the elevators talking to customers on their cell phones —one woman appeared to be on drugs.

Good value and met reasonable expectations for lodging and service.

The staff was friendly and the facility was modern and nice.

Unfortunately, one of the elevators was down for 2 days, so it took 10 minutes to get downstairs. Some other customers had some difficulty connecting to the wifi.

The staff was friendly and the facility was modern and nice. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. Very nice stay!

Above average hotel, good for a relaxing stay

Could be closer to the boardwalk, but its fine... Less than 5 minute walk. The neighborhood is kinda sketchy at night, pretty sure there is a trap house across the street but they have a security guard at night and the door is keycard locked. Check out felt rushed but they gave us late check out which was good.

Enjoyed the stay, above average decently new room. Very clean, nice smart TV, touchless keycard, good beds. View was decent from the top floor facing South. Check in guy was nice, easy check in. Overall this hotel is very good for AC in terms of being clean. Also its quiet, which is great, no wild parties all the time and the lobby isn't as heavily trafficked as the casinos. You get what you pay for. Also no resort fee is really good.

My friends and I enjoyed our stay and would return in the future.

We were not aware of the valet parking before checking in and the driver was uncomfortable leaving her only key with hotel staff. We paid for the room in cash yet I was still charged the rate on my card in addition to the $50 hold fee. Staff gave conflicting information regarding this charge that its an error and shouldn't be charged and another said that it's required and will be removed in 3-5 days like the hold fee.

It was mandatory valet parking which is convenient and the fee of $10 is reasonable. I received a complimentary balloon and wine for my birthday which was a nice surprise. Staff were very friendly.

Awesome stay

The pillows were too soft. But everything else was so nice!

It was very clean and inviting. The staff was very friendly. It was my birthday and the staff treated me like a queen!

Close to area we wantes to be.

The ice machines werent working had to travel to other floors to get ice. Lots of stains on carpets in hall. And we has no washclothes in our room.

Close to area we wantes to be.

Worst Marriott I've ever stayed at.

There was no microwave, no pool, the gym was crappy. The hotel had a foul odor by it and I had to pay for parking ? And the cable service was crappy also. I will not stay there again!!

The beds were comfortable.

It was ok

Rooms were clean and staff was very helpful. Unfortunately we were there during a convention with lots of unruly children and noise. Staff tried to help but it was really beyond their limits.

The room was very comfortable, clean and spacious.

When I checked in the staff member was very quick to get rid of me, not very friendly as I had a couple of questions and he seemed overwhelmed. The shared microwave in the lobby was not clean at all and not in the best condition.

The room was very comfortable, clean and spacious.

Atlantic City First Timers

I enjoyed the location of the property. The room was a nice size and had a good view. We also enjoyed the lobby area for a drink after a day of sightseeing.

The property was extremely clean inside and out.

It was far away from most activities which required a cab or Uber drive anytime we wanted to go somewhere. There are three elevators but only two operating so it was very slow. Most hotels in the area offered free breakfast. Wish this one did too.

The property was extremely clean inside and out. It almost didn’t fit in with the surrounding area. The staff was extremely friendly. Every employee we met was so nice but the desk staff is best if the best.

Great night with great friends. Comfortable and clean

The parking. It should have been included in my rate $175. Plus additional for parking. Was a little ridiculous. Also i dont even know where they parked my car. It is a new vehicle.

The room was very comfortable. We have been working alot of overtime. It was a great change. Very relaxing slept like a baby😀

Rooms were spacious, clean and great location.

It's is in walking distance for food, gambling, shopping and entertainment.

Rooms were spacious, clean and great location. The staff was extremely helpful. They seemed happy to work there.

Comfortable and hygenic with helpful and courteous staff but cost more than expected and breakfast

The rate was increased by $20 then the price I booked and reserved it at. The Bistro menu provided in the room was outdated and had printed inaccurate information. It stated The Bistro provided room service, it does not. It also stated breakfast was available Mon-Thurs from 6am-10am and Fri-Sat-Sun from 6am until noon. It was closed for breakfast by 10am.

Very clean, comfortable beds with lots of pillows. Courteous staff, friendly and helpful.

The price for parking was too much

The room was cold , no matter how high the heat went up . Very uncomfortable to sleep. Water pressure in the bathroom was to heavy , I wash out a glass and it broke being so strong .

The bed was acceptable

great location great room. Valvet good

Check in staff,She was not friendly.

The check out staff was great very helpful and pleasant. The check in staff did not respect my privacy with other guest at the counter right next to me. She did not tell her to move back until she finished with me.

it was all that and more this will be my place to stay at...

it was all that and more this will be my place to stay at when I come for now on I will tell all my friends to stay there it was a beautiful stay, I REALLY DIDNT WANT TO LEAVE SO quiet

My stay with Marriott was wonderful and I will continue to go out of my way to find way!

They over charged my card $7. The caucking at the bottom of the shower needed to be redone. Other than that I had an amazing experience.

When I walked in my room had just been cleaned so it smelled like bleach which is nice for me to know someone took out the time too really clean it well, like there was no dust. The bed was very comfortable and I loved the little cafe and lounge area when you first walked in they had amazing customer service and breakfast.

Excellent stay Highly reccomend

The elevators were a little slow, but I understand one was broken and they were in the process of fixing it, otherwise excellent hotel

Clean very comfortable beds

It was good.

There was an extra charge to the card that no one had made. How does that happen? Also we are paying to stay at your hotel there should not be a charge per day to park at the hotel.

Our stay was great. No complaints here.

I wish that our hotel had a pool. But, not a deal breaker.

Considering the hotels in the area. You got a lot more personal attention versus staying in a larger hotel where you're just another guest. We enjoyed our stay and will be back when we are in the area.

Excellent! Thank you!

The elevators were very slow. Also seemed like one elevator was down for 2 days.

Both check in & out went smoothly. Valet parking was awesome! The front desk staff were incredible! Hotel & room were both very clean! Bed was very comfortable! The cafe in the main lobby was a hit also! Thank you everyone!

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and the space.

I didn’t like the valet only parking option offered. We had to park at the free parking garage and walk.

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and the space.

Would not reccomend this property. Marriott should be better than this.

Disappointed in the property as a whole. Checkin was rough. Homeless person attemted to steal my luggage at doorway of hotel. Desk staff seemed uninformed of property ammenities and surrounding area. (Referred me to valet) Elevators were extremely slow and 2 out of 3 worked. Beds were comfortable. Room was acceptably clean, however, there was no fan in the bathroom for exhaust. Breakfast was unpleasant. 4 people working and no one approached/asked to help my party of three. We stood for a few minutes at the register and were not greeted. Throughout the breakfast, we felt a bother to the staff. Property was on the Jitney (city bus) route which made getting around pretty easy. I believe this property was a low budget hotel and Marriott is re-branding. Definitely NOT up to Marriott standards.

Browse Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City traveller photo gallery