Reviews of The Hotel Fullerton Anaheim 4 stars

1500 South Raymond Avenue, Fullerton, CA 92831, USA

#4 of 11 hotels in Fullerton

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I knew it was a little more distance than some hotel from Disney, however I confirmed shuttle service. The shuttle was not available for most of my trip. I had to use uber.

The complimentary breakfast had a great variety- proteins and carbs. The staff was very friendly.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We are Australian and the food buffet breakfast was good. Stayed at 6 hotels during stay and staff were the most helpful at this hotel. Very clean, retro style rooms. Got shuttle to Disney taking 15 mins. Recommended

• Executive Single Room

My bed squeaked loudly with any movement. Not the most comfy beds. Keycard didn't work at first Toilets are a bit dated.

Overall my executive room was very clean and the staff were very friendly. Did enjoy the breakfast as it was a buffet style setup. Did enjoy the smart tv that was provided in the room. I would stay here again.

See above

If offering food for purchase or as a courtesy, please provide a plate for people who would like to eat in their room (maybe very tired, feeling ill - you do not want to spread germs, late arrival & some just cannot or don’t feel eating w/others, etc.) please do not gove a mini small box/boxes = this was a downer for me that i may not come back just because of this reason.

• Standard Single Room

The staff at the buffet breakfast were outstanding They work as a team and all had excellent customer service skills. They should be commended. Especially the man who runs the show and makes sure everyone is seated.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The coffee at the buffet breakfast was extremely weak and pretty tasteless. Big disappointment! Outside noise level was very loud due to the close proximity to the 91 freeway. Inside the building noise level was OK, but really bad when exterior doors opened or in outside "courtyard" space and pool area.

Rm 106 - beds were OK, but noisy when turning over or moving about. Bathroom very small, but adequate. Shower pipe needs attention. It seems loose where attached to shower wall. Toilet seat is loose - needs attention or replacement.

SEE ABOVE

$18 Breakfast, i tried to take out or take a plate to room my husband didnt feel well early am due to driving all night but i was only given a small to go box (I meant very small for $18 expensive breakfast), it was just horrible. Excellent Customer Service to the staff that checked us in but because of what happened after this weekend, we will not come back to stay or book another reservation. Please provide better service!

Hotel Fullerton

Staff tried to kick us out because they messed up our check in/out date. Never told me about a third part CC Authorization form until the guests arrived.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The lighting in the bathroom was too dim. Seemed like a night light. Hard to put makeup on with such dim lighting. Need better lighting!!!! Only major problem!

Very comfortable.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The cleaning service knocked on the morning to clean instead of waiting for us to checkout

The staff was super friendly and nice I booked my room for the wrong night and they were able to fix it and give me a room for the same price

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

More normal American food, burgers, maybe fried zucchini. People from all over the world want to try an American burger if they've never had the chance, wherever they're from, may not make those. Just offer a Really Great burger, and maybe a Junior sized one for us ladies that don't like to waste, would sell for the kids as well.

The window actually opened. We're not all jumpers. Great chair in the room

• Tower Single Room

I wish I could have checked out without having to go to front desk. I saw key drop box, but that wouldn't provide a receipt.

This was a quick trip for me. I wanted to get an early start, but didn't want to take time for breakfast. I went to cafeteria to grab something to take with me. Staff got me a to-go box. It was perfect & got me on my way quickly.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

All furniture was old and worn out. The hallway carpet was worn and stained and the walls also needed updating.

Breakfast was good. Fresh fruit and real eggs a plus. Bed was comfortable.

• Standard Single Room

The only thing we didn’t like was, certain area of the hotel was old looking, tape on the carpet etc. Repair should be done to make everything look nice.

Check in was easy and quick. Maid service was good. We left her tip every day. Buffet breakfast was good.

• Standard Single Room

The surrounding area was not that great becuse it seemed kind of industrial, but that did not affect the actual hotel property.

Inside and out the property was clean and nicely decorated making it visually pleasant. Room had all the amenities needed and then some. Restaurants were excellent. The most kind, friendly, and helpful staff I have experienced. Great hotel, can't beat it especially at the price.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My room location was 1st floor and near housekeeping so I was awakened by talking. The heat function on unit smelled like it was burning and so many smokers outside so it would come in through unit. There was a bag over fire alarm so that made me question why?

Parking is easy, staff at front desk is friendly.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very loud music playing until extremely late at night every night we were here. One night until almost 1am. Then loud again very early in the morning, people vacuuming at like 5am. Breakfast looked good online but cold and undercooked.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed bugs! Bed bugs! Bitten all over the neck, arms,and back! And they followed me home! Uncomfortable beds! Everything in the room felt very unclean. Not much better than a cheap motel and cost over $112 a night. For some reason booking.com charged me $112 rather than the published $109.00. Nothing about the place matched the good reviews. It is a good thing breakfast came with the stay. Do not pay $16 per person. You can have a lovely breakfast elsewhere for $16.

The breakfast wasn't very good, but the breakfast and the front desk staff were friendly, courteous and accommodating.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

9am finish for breakfast is too early! Should be 10. Other than that, no complaints.

Clean, comfortable, quiet room. Good location just a short drive from Disneyland or shuttle service goes from rear car park.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was only ok. Breakfast was not good. To far from Disneyland . Construction. Nothing to do in the immediate area.

The common areas were nicely decorated and clean.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The exterior and hallways of the hotel were not clean and tidy. The breakfast was substandard and the coffee in particular was not good at all. The highway just outside was quite loud, though once inside the hotel you couldn't hear it at all! It would be good to know such a big renovation was underway. The entrance wasn't very welcoming because of the construction, it looked like a haunted mansion!

The rooms were comfortable and clean, with very cozy beds and bedding. Lots of plugs for charging our phones, etc.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

What I didn't like the most was the front desk charging me an excess for the room. The front desk had charged me the extra security deposit on top of the room because of their mistake. Thru had charged me the deposit of $100, but for the wrong room. Was immediately refunded but it was pending for the whole entire weekend. Didn't mind it at all but it kind of put a dent into my spending for my vacation for a little while. Definitely threw off my finances for the weeekend.

The complimentary breakfast through the booking was great. Definitely worth the breakfast buffet. Staff was super respectful and always willing to help. Nice and quiet little quaint place to stay!

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Seemed A bit far from things but I didn't get much time 2 explore so could be wrong was 30dollar taxi ride 2 the mall

Awesome staff willing to go the xtra mile for you Nice pool area and good restaurant on site

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Roaches at this property! There were tons and tons of roaches at this property. Our hotel room was infested with cockroaches. I would never stay here again or ever recommend this hotel. Completely ruined our trip. Still paranoid that I may have left with roaches in my luggage. Completely and utterly disgusted. Also, the roaches in our room was not a isolated incident because there was a huge dead roach floating in the jacuzzi. I also have videos, but Bookings will not allow me to upload them.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My door closed unusually slow. A very minor thing, but I had to either force it closed or wait on it to do its process.

The late night menu was very yummy, and the courtyard was a nice place to eat and unwind. The front desk staff went out of their way to get me set up on the shuttle to catch my train the next day.

• Tower Single Room

There were brown spots on the toilet seat. The bed was extremely soft and I felt like I was sleeping in a sinkhole.

The breakfast buffet was good and complimentary

• Tower Single Room

Cut off breakfast service waaay to early. 9am?? Really? Also, gym was a joke. Equipment bairly functioned and treadmill belts were loose, could be a hazard.

Nice open commons area. Nice pool and spa.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom door was too big and when opened, it consumed a significant portion of the bathroom.

The staff were very nice and friendly. The property had plenty of parking and rooms were clean.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Booked and received confirmation for 2 full bed but when arrived there was no 2 full bed available. Receptionist told me he will leave a note to the manager but no one contacted me. Safe door was not closing and night shift did not know how to use it. Receptionist told me read the instructions but it needed the master tools and a technician to do it. AC shot off twice during the first night and I had to call the reception to turn it on. No bellboy to help carrying the luggage or even a trolley to load the luggage. We had to carry the luggage to the room. No one to guid you to the room they only gave us the card key and told me drive your car to the back of the building and use the back door. No refrigerator in the room TV remote control was not working They took a 20% deposit and I'm wondering what for since they have no refrigerator or anything chargeable inside the room.

Shuttle bus to Disneyland every one hour

• Tower Single Room

We ordered the lamb and they took a long time to give us our order and one of them were not cooked at all you can still see the fleshy uncooked meat and the guy with a orange beard tried giving us issue with cooking it

Everything was perfect!!

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Prices in bar/restaurant were high. Would like some lighter colors in the rooms. Lobby needs some updating on carpet.

We liked the breakfast buffet and the cleanliness of the pool. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Like the courtyard rooms. Great location! Close to family, Disney and freeways to Newport Beach area.

The price for 1 night stay

Queit clean. The prices just need to be a little bit cheaper for 1 day stay. But over all I love it. My boyfriend said iam paying to much for 1 day and I can find some were else cheaper then hotel Fullerton

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately, the ice machine on the 3rd floor was empty every time I tried to get ice on the night we checked in. I went to the 2nd floor machine and was able to get some ice. The soda machine charged me $12.00 for a soda I never got! I swiped my card the first time and it said "unable to read card". So, I swiped it again and it said the same thing. My bank account, however, said something quite different. $6.00 for each swipe and not 1 soda to show for it.

I really like that the property was set off the road a little from town. It gave the feeling of being apart from the city, even though it wasn't.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It's on the freeway so it's noisy. We didn't know they were doing building work at the hotel. We could hear guests loudly as they walked past our room. The bed was old and needs a new bed in the room and the bathroom needs an overall

The check in was good. There was a nice pool

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sheets had droplets of disgusting substances on them, air conditioning broken, hot summer temps, my young son burned his arm on lit cigarette flung outside of pool. We were followed around the property by a creepy security guard that should've worried about partiers at pool, but offered to walk me to room instead. Hidden fees! Beware! Ended up costing much more than 'hot deal' on booking.com, hotel blamed bookin.com for "wrong info posted". And they already had my credit card info! Nightmare hotel. Don't stay here. Creepy, dirty, scam. Emergency vehicles blocking only driveway when we arrived, should've known. Hotel caters to tour buses.

Good breakfast buffet, except it was packed at 6:am with rude tour bus passengers

• Tower Single Room

I didn't like that they actually take a physical $100 deposit from you upon check in. To me thats a very strange practice. I understand requiring a card on file, but vacations are already expensive enough and some people need every penny they saved, so for them to hold $100, and have it be a surprise like that upon check in, that could potentially be devastating.

The breakfast buffet was seriously awesome, love that that was included in our booking! The staff was very accommodating when we had some problems with our room (got downgraded when room wasn't ready, no shower curtain in our new room, charged the booking to the wrong cards) as well. They took good care of us. Loved the distance to disneyland and the pool was lovely.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was on the freeway side so a little noisey and also quite dark. The machines in the gym weren't the best but usable

The pool the restaurant and the breakfast

• Tower Single Room

Confusion about meal vouchers. The front desk did not show us what they were and how they were to be used. A little embarrassing going for the meals, however the staff was very helpful to accommodate us. My son was turned away when he tried to get his meal later on. When I complained to the front desk they just ignored me.

Dinner was great. We will go there again.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds could of been a bit more comfortable... we wanted to extend our stay one extra night but the hotel pricing was a bit ridiculous double what I paid through booking. I would expect to get some sort of discount after already being there 3 nights

Check in was easy... room was cleaned daily.. and we had free breakfast daily !

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds are to small, make too much noise when you turned, pillows not supportive, bathroom was to tight, carpet was dirty, next door neighbors marijuana smokers the smell and smoke came into our room

staff was friendly

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

last day I came for breakfast at 09.05 am. breakfast was empty and closed: breakfast was only till 09.00 am check out was horor. it took 4 invoices and 25 minutes before the final invoice was accoring to the Booking.com confirmed rate. unfriendly reception did not really care or felt uncomfortable at all...

bed was good!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room is clean and spacious. Staff was friendly. However, Wifi connection was slow and very intermittent. Stayed at a room far from the lobby so this maybe explains why but this issue should be looked into. Business travellers will find this quite an issue. The fan in the toilet was noisy, one of the beds creaked a lot at night.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was small. The walls and even doors looked old and were patched up. Carpet stains. The beds were a bit sunken in. It's an okay hotel. Better than most near Disneyland.

The free shuttle to Disneyland

• Tower Single Room

We had to pay extra for parking.

We got the breakfast buffet included. It was really nicely done. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were updated.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms/Beds not convenient. I would avoid visiting restaurant. We tried different meals and although we liked none of them we have got recommendation to leave 20% tip. Plastic grass in the yard does not leave good impression too.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This is a beautiful hotel with excellent amenities. The facilities and rooms are modern and in very good condition. My room was comfortable and quiet. The included breakfast was a bonus with plenty of good food including eggs, potatoes, meats, fruits, along with various hot and cold cereals and pastries. All of the staff went out of their way to be helpful. The night manager, Alex, even helped with mailing a package for which I did not have postage. Very nice hotel!

• Tower Single Room

excellent amazing service !! we always stay here when to go down to Disneyland we have the annual passes so we go down about once a month , we love it here we will always stay at Hotel Fullerton - René the night manager he was awesome , and Alex the manager too, the front desk Ingram attendant she was perfect -- they were all perfect and courteous and welcoming ****amazing job guys all the time!! If you would like to get away after Disneyland and relax in a quiet safe environment this is the place to be'n there is a shuttle every hour to Disneyland pick up and drop off sevice! great food breakfast served every morning and a beautiful restaurant buffet area, and It just give you that safe vacation feeling, those other hotels on Harbor Boulevard don't give you that welcoming guest feeling they just want you in and out fast, hotel Fullerton makes you want you to stay . AMAZING!! There is also a fine dining restaurant inside this hotel with a special menu every night and the chef will come out and greet you and ask how is the food sometimes he will sit there and talk to you and make sure everything is OK they will go out of their way to make sure you are totally safe comfortable and everything is fine thank you guys were coming back in 2 weeks. -Alejandro & Martin

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Tower Single Room

The location had me a little nervous being next to the freeway, but we were pleasantly surprised by the nice hotel, pool, room, and breakfast. We will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

View from room was parking lot and 2 truck lots but the scenery from the hotel wasn't primary or secondary concern I chose to stay here.

comfortable bed, probably the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed at. very easy on/off freeway access.

My daughter got stranded with no wallet, I made reservation for her and hotel refused to let her check in. I want my full refund and no one at booking.com answers the phone

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The weather! It was raining most of our time there so we were not able to use your pool!

Everything, form the location to the friendly and very efficient/effective services.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A bit 'Motel-like' rather than hotel....

Convenient for convention centre with good road links..... Breakfast was good at a reasonable price...

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hot water ran out. Every day we had problems with the hot bath. And it was winter! The restaurant attendants could be more polite. If traveling with family, prefer the rooms on the first floor as they are larger.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Tower Single Room

The morning buffet staff need to find new jobs as they sincerely do not like what they do now. The food was just ok and the tables were disgustingly filthy.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The quality of the linens. The room was clean and nicely decorated but the linen bed sheets were scratchy and the blanket heavy and itchy.

The staff. From the front desk staff to the Citizen Kitchn staff they projected that they truly liked their job and liked being part of a service industry.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hate to leave this review as this hotel was beautifuland the staff was nice but...my room had bugs and unfortunately I was bitten by bedbugs. I had a the worst day at Disneyland scratching. My face, neck, ring finger, wrist and upper back was swollen where I was bitten and it was painful. They moved me to another room immediately after my complaint but was not able to sleep the second night due the itching and paranoia that this room may have more bedbugs. It also left me grumpy and not fun to be around.

The location was great to all the places we needed to go. I was given a credit for the first night without asking the manager and he offered any expenses reimbursed for any medical treatment I needed. I

• Tower Single Room

Would have been nice to have a nearby supermarket/ shops.

Staff was very helpful. Clean hotel. Breakfast selection was smallish but very good. Shuttle provided to Disneyland (about 10 min ride).

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was good; room was extra clean; feather pillows were replaced by foam ones within minutes of my asking; everyone was nice and friendly. Couldn't have been better.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we left the hotel for the day, I requested maintenance come to repair the bathroom sink because the water would not drain. Also there as an unpleasant mildewy smell in the bathroom. I was told someone would be sent to fix it, but when we returned that evening (after 10:00 pm), the drain was still not working, and we had to make a second call. It was an inconvenience to have maintenance arrive late. The beds are very hard, and one of the beds had a lump or hill running down the middle which was uncomfortable to sleep on. The towels are rough (thread bare) and one had a big gray stain on it. The shower curtain liner did not reach far enough into the tub so the water gets all over the floor. The lighting in the bathroom is very dim.

The tv worked ok, but the remote's down channel button did not work. The wifi was adequate. The magnifying make-up mirror in the bathroom is helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Tower Single Room

The location is in an odd place; the surrounding area is not that nice, but we were only staying here to visit Disneyland. It's about a 12-15 minute drive to the park. There's also a shuttle available from the hotel to the park.

The hotel was nice. The restaurant, lounge and bar were great! The rooms were very pretty and clean. The king bed was comfortable. I like that they had full sized shampoo, conditioner and body wash available for use in the shower. The fridge was large for a hotel fridge. There was a microwave available by the vending and ice machines down the hall.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

it was much better then i expected. the hotel was cute and the room was very nice and clean. the staff were very friendly as well. the shuttle to disneyland was the cherry on top and the driver was friendly. it can't get better than that. would definitely book here again for my next trip.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Tower Single Room

Staff was friendly and courteous. Complimentary pumpkin Sangrias were a nice touch. We had to go out and buy a wine corker because there was none available for us to use during our stay. Overall a very nice experience and will be back!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location is fine, pretty close to Disneyland. The staffs are great, very helpful and efficient when I found my stuffs left behind in the hotel room.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Tower Single Room

Location was horrible. On the website it made it seem as though it was close to Disneyland and the beach. It was right off the freeway and a good 15-20 minutes from the beach and Disneyland. Also, upon check-in we were told there was a free shuttle running to and from Disneyland every hour. When we finished at Disneyland we called to see where to pick up the shuttle and the front desk told us "you need to make reservations for the shuttle," and then hung up on us. The hotel was horrible and will never recommend it or stay again.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Executive Single Room

There were ants in my tub, and one of the workers was a bit rough, I could tell it was the end of the night, I'm sure she was tired.. But, it made me feel like a bother instead of a paying customer.

The room was beautiful, nice view, pool was clean enough. For the most part the workers were very pleasant, and the waitress at the bar was closing, but was very sweet, even though I ordered right before the kitchen closed, and made me a great cocktail. That was great!

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Executive Single Room

Got an extra cover with a visible dirty spot?

Overall Hotel was great, customer service, pool, bar, and shuttle to Disneyland was a bonus. Won't hesitate in staying here again.

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was not made clear to us that you had to reserve the shuttle, however, we liked that it was a perk of the hotel. Thank you!

The beds were excellent; we asked the staff who makes them.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

mattress old, way too soft and worn. bathroom (rm#118)..needs fine tuning: chalking around the tub facet needs help, shower curtain is a bit not wide enough and noticed water stains on wall when others let water spray out and is making damage needed a bucket for ice since room was a bit too warm and wasnt able to lower temperature enough

very cordial staff, went beyond to accommodate and was well worth it. Took the shuttle to Disneyland and were way to nice in taking/return when I needed it!!! for my return: not as scheduled which was a god sent!!! The magnified makeup mirror in the bathroom was the greatest...dont have one at home and sure would like one after using yours The overall premises are beautiful, great upgrade remodel done!!! will be returning

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Executive Single Room

I loved everything! The staff is very friendly, the room is so roomy and clean! I forgot my shampoo and conditioner at home and it was so convenient that the hotel installed shampoo, conditioner, and body wash dispensers in the shower. I didn't even know that there was a free shuttle to Disneyland until one of the staff members offered it to me when we checked in. Everything is perfect here. Very classy, quiet, and family friendly hotel, will definitely stay here again for my Disneyland trip in December, and any future trips to LA.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Tower Single Room

Only negative comment I have is, the pillows were uncomfortable. It was like not having a pillow.

Food at the on-site restaurant, Citizen's Kitchen, was excellent. Great value, staff was extremely helpful. My daughter is a vegetarian and they made a special meal for her.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Executive Single Room

Everything was perfect loved everything about the hotel, from the bed to the view to the bathroom being roomy and clean Loved the fact that the AC was strong

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Tower Single Room

Needs 15 min by car to arrive to Disneyland- We cannot walk around to restaurants and shops

Very helpful staff- Very clean rooms- The good quality of the body soaps and toiletries- Free parking

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The offered free breakfast, when we arrived the breakfast was only for 2 people, and there were 3 people in our party. I paid for the 3rd breakfast, but it was not worth it.

Breakfast wasn't good.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My room was out of lobby. location was entrance of building I felt like a janitor. So little nervous because I accompany with my young son.

Good breakfast. kindly employees.....

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel rooms a little dated but perfectly adequate.

Handy location close to freeway and Disneyland.Shuttle bus to Disneyland and back was much appreciated Good breakfast and helpful staff.