Reviews of Crown Lodge Motel 1 stars

#36 of 42 hotels in Oakland

4.9

5.7

6.2

There was no microwave. The hotel won't let you change or cancel your reservation without paying a high fee (the cost of one night stay).

The room was clean. The manager was friendly. Several channels were available on cable TV. Our bed was made each day and the bathroom cleaned. The refrigerator was large.

• Queen Room - Smoking

Everything...the area was loud, the facilities were worn out and not tended to, and it was way too expensive. Do not stay here unless your a hobo with a trust fund.

Actually, I liked nothing about this property. I felt unsafe, uncomfortable, unhappy

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

HOW CUSTOMER ISNT TOLD ABOUT $100 DEPOSIT BEFORE ARRIVING.. THIS CAN BE A BIG INCONVIENCE TO SOMEONE WHO IS TRAVELING WITHIN A BUDGET.. YEP..!!

VERY CLEAN INSIDE AND OUT.!!

The room reserved (king bed) was not provided and the clerk suggested going to another hotel when questioned about the room actually provided (full bed). No ironing boards were available.

It was close to the location I was visiting.

• Queen Room

You know how they say an unsatisfied customer tells everyone they know? Well I don't have anything very good to say about my stay at the Crown Lodge Motel! It was not very visible as I drove into the area, and had to drive through a residential area to get to the hotel. It was a late arrival, if I had a different option I would have not stayed there. Upon check in, I paid for the room, but they required a second credit card swipe for a $100 security deposit. I did not feel very secure and wondered what it covered. It was in a sketchy neighborhood and residents were hanging out, playing loud music, working on cars, and smoking outside. I actually had to pay for ice from the machine, and had a paper bath mat!

• Queen Room

The location, I'd booked in a hurry and didn't realise it was east oakland! Not a safe area and not for tourists, be careful, google is your friend

Clean, cheap and friendly staff. There is a fantastic mexican place right opposite

It was really a bad accommodation. The furniture was very old and used. And the worst: there had been something in the bed that itched me and my partner the whole night and there were some ants in the bathroom. We heared the whole night the noise of the tv of our room neighbor and the cars outside of the street. We would defently not recommend this accommodation. Wifi was poor as well.

nothing have plenty of goodies out to enjoy

right across the street was a GREAT Mex place damn good food good place to sit and good staff No carnitas (my fav) but carne sada good replacement decent price good atmosphere price average 8ish for a burrito with the works that comes with it

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There are groups of people living in the apartments who are noisy outside most of the night, with no respect that guests are staying and need a peaceful nights sleep. They were playing loud music on the car park and driving about at all hours. I would never stay there again. We were booked in for 3 nights but we cancelled after 2.

It was adequate, but only just

The hotel staff does not have an elementary courtesy. I do not understand how they can serve anyone with this approach. They settled me with a big scandal, and instead of trying to sort out the conflict, the manager started yelling at me and behaving extremely incorrectly. In the room without stops, water flowed (the tap was running). Blanket - with large holes from cigarette butts, apparently it was used even at Roosevelt. Conditioning works time to time. In the street, it was very noisy all the while staying - then loudly turn on the music on the hotel grounds, then find out the relationship without hesitation lodgers in the middle of the night. In the end, I did not stay on the second night and moved out after the first - if you value your rest, then do not repeat my mistakes, bypass this "hotel" party.

Parking lot was a little small and the neighborhood may not have been that good.

The room was a nice size and clean. The motel was about 10 minutes from the Bart Station (by car). It was easy to find.

Location. Very bad area. Gangsters and prostitutes around hotel. My family and I felt very unsafe. No reviews mentioned that prior to booking the room.

Nothing.. But very friendly staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location and area was dirty and messy and ghetto. The stairs are a trip hazard for tenants. There were no restaurants or decent shopping centers, ice machine required payment, rooms needed better decor, ie comforter and desk, there was no refrigerator or microwave, needs new carpet, the lighting in the restroom did not work well. I was asked for a deposit of 100.00 dollars: therefore it was not worth it. The location was very bad, no entertainment.

The beds were comfy and the size of the room was nice, housekeeping was good, the sink and counter was very nice and table next to big dresser was a nice addition. tv/choice of channels were great.

• Queen Room

Mold on the bathtub faucets. In the middle of the hood. Homeless people asking to use my bathroom or money and get mad when you say no. Bed was hard. I wanted to check out two days early but owner said he had to keep my money because he already deposited it. I called about somethings I left but he said his maid never reported finding anything.

The bathroom was huge. Bed was clean. Price was affordable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I booked a non-smoking room, as I had my daugher with me, but all that was left when we checked in was a smoking room, so that was unfortunate, but bearable.

The room was clean, check-in was fairly quick and the gentleman who checked us in was very nice. Lots of parking was available when we arrived.

• Queen Room

Everything was not good. Poor everything and blood stains and not clean.

Nothing, there was blood stains on the bad and it smelled like smoke and everything was dirty. My car was vandalism there and didn't have late check out or clean things.

The neighborhood didn't feel comfortable but the motel is on a street with all the other motels so can't be too bad. We had a car, but I wouldn't be waiting for public transport around here

There was free wifi and lots of on site parking. The bed was large and firm and the room homely furnished. No deposit of $100 required for us as put in other reviews. It was cheap (80us for the night) staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Queen Room - Smoking

The room had a harsh smell that reminded me of an India based incense. I couldn't sleep and the odor actually caused irritation to my throat and sinuses. I tried to sleep with a cover over my face but would wake up when the cover slipped off, the smell was that strong. If they use that as an air freshener they should stop, its worse than a cigarette odor and I don't even smoke.

I like the tv channel selection. The front desk guy was very nice.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

I can't really think of any negative.

I liked that everything about the room and the motel were better than expected. I'd stayed at a different motel the night before that was much more expensive and much lower in quality.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

After reserving the room, I showed up to be told there was an unexpected deposit. If they're going to charge a deposit, they should mention it in their ads.

The place wasn't that bad despite the location.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

The walls are very thin so if your neighbors are loud, you will definitely hear them. I was woken up but a couple fighting in the middle of the night..

The man who works there was really helpful. On the phone he let me cancel our second night and change the time of arrival. He was smiling and nice. He gave us a list of places where we could go eat. He came to our room to help us the the fire alarm that was beeping for now reason. The shower was nice and hot, the room was clean. It was great to be able to park our rental car.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Queen Room

The room smelled of smoke despite the fact that I booked a non smoking room. The toilet plugged up and my son was handed a plunger and told to deal with it. There is nowhere to eat in the area. If we hadn't needed a place desperately we wouldn't have stayed there.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Modernise it...or tear it down. Claims otherwise - but it's too far away from San Francisco, especially with traffic. Check-in is via bulletproof(?) plexiglass window with a less than functional communication hole about 4 inches in diameter. Not comfort, or personal safety inspiring.

Checking out and getting away from there.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

The area was straight outta Compton, at one stage during the night the whole building shook from something, we assumed it was an earthquake...

good clean room.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Queen Room - Smoking

they could have better soda and snack machines. could consider having refrigerator and microwave in the rooms

not a good neighborhood, the manager is nice and fixing up the place and bringing in new furniture.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

bad part of town, bars on all lower windows and office all barred, transacted business through window. Did make friends with painters and they gave good directions.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Staff still cleaned our room even though we asked if they would not. And the area nearby didn't feel safe.

The price and the cool air conditioning.Friendly service at check-in and check-out. Parking very close to motel. Wifi.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

no free ice; no breakfast facilities; dirty floor; old towels; terrible bed and pillows; unreliable wifi; rude guests; unfriendly neighborhood; far from downtown and SF; lack of basic maintenance. $80 per night is way too much for what it offers. Booked a King room and was given a queen size bed. After complaining I was told they had none available for that night, only the followjg. It means that Booking.com is unreliable and whatever you book and pay online, you may not get it at the end. I was very disappointed of the bad service received.

Average size room

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

The guy in charge of welcoming guests was not friendly at all; he gave us attitude for not understanding what he said when there was a glass window in between us that definitely hindered us from hearing him clearly. The toilet was not flushing properly and there was no place to hang your towels inside the bathroom. Our room was a non-smoking one but it definitely smelled like cigarette (or even some drugs) and it took the whole night to get rid of the smell, which by the way gave me headache. The wifi was not working well either. Lastly, I would say that the location of this hotel was not the best; there was loud music playing around the neighborhood late at night and there was a big scary dog that lives next to the hotel and it was barking very early in the morning.

I paid $80 for a room with a king bed...that's cheap!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It did not state that the room we were getting was smoking or none smoking so I assumed it was none smoking. The room smelled like I was sleeping in an ash tray. I could hardly sleep because of how bad the room smelled of smoke. I had to get up every hour just to go outside and get a breathe of fresh air.

Could of been better

People around

Everything!

Nothing! Very dirty, staff is very unprofessional and refuses to speak to you with respect and courtesy!

Owner was nice

Located in East Oakland and lived up to the area. Police cars rolling code throughout the night to not sleep. Brick, I mean bed............

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Heater didn't work so I was freezing

Very nice clerk

• Queen Room

Not clean, hotel staff was unpleasant, not a good area

Convenience from the airport

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Much better than staying in very overpriced hotels and hostels in SF.

Wifi was very weak.

Easy to book

Every things

Nothing at all

Location bad, foot traffic all night long.

Friendly owner, clean room and bed

Al-----

Only bed

...... ......

......umm...the fact I was blessed to be able to check in by one ?

Dangerouse place. No services around. Loud night.

wi-fi

No enough towels.

Clean

The price to high I save 15dollars by booking thru here and it still was 70something.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I wish there was a family Resturant near by

I had an amazing stay at this property, staff is very friendly, and my room was very clean

No food place to walk 2 in less u have a 🚗

It had its own bathroom and big bed big tv

Bed bugs

NA

Was not free

Clean

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Queen Room - Smoking

The Man at the front window was very nice to me

fightinh the smell the area

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

There 100 deposit

Everything was fine

I like this facility is very close to the freeway entrance

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The fact that they charged me a 100$ deposit when there was no mention of it when I booked.

Space in the room

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Location seemed a bit sketching

Reception attendant was courteous. The room was comfortable

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was great and made us feel at home

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Awesome

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Can get noisy before 11pm

Awesome value

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

You really don't want to stay in this area.

The guy who gave us the room was friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Loud ghetto area and small ugly rooms without closets to add to the unfriendly front desk experience. Never again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Very clean and staff were so nice...what I really liked was how the manager was right there when I needed him.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Neighborhood

Quiet

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The guy at the front is kind of nasty

The place was clean

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Bad location room was smelly dirty under garments were left in the bathroom and the tv didn't work

The bed was big and comfy

It's very bad location and not safe for family

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

the area not to good

convenient close to our destination

• Queen Room

Help was available anytime, room was clean

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Price

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Not a good area and wifi didn't work

Staff was friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Queen Room - Smoking

Just terrible. Bad neighborhood , and just awful all around.

To be honest , it was a really bad experience.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Smells like BO!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

I left my computer changer when I left

Very clean and close to hospital

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Queen Room

bathroom smelled like urine. half empty soda bottle left in fridge. feces on underside of bedspread.

price

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

It was very comfortable!!!