Reviews of Crowne Plaza Concord - Walnut Creek 4 stars

45 John Glenn Drive, Concord, CA 94520, USA

#2 of 8 hotels in Concord

I wasn't happy when I arrived and they didn't have the Queen room that I reserved. Ended up with a King size and had to share the bed with my friend. Luckily, we've known each other for years and we dealt with it.

Security was great

The bed was comfortable, ac worked great, the room had a dissent layout. The only problem I had in my room was the with the shower and faucet, faucet squirted too much water and the tub was filling up while taking a shower. Oh, and depending where you get your room,like mine it was a maze to get to it. Otherwise it was a pretty hotel.

We hope they will get a band and have dancing in the atrium.

The front desk people were helpful, saw we were headed wrong way to our room, ran out ans guided us to the right wing. The lobby area is very pleasant. big with a nice indoor-outdoor feel. The restaurant was a great place to watch the NBA finals.

there was no place to park the first night and I had to park across the street in Sams Club lot hoping I would not be towed. The key to the room didn’t work so I called to request a new on to be brought up to the room so I wouldn’t have to leave everything in the hall. They said ok but never came. We couldn’t shower on the morning of our departure because there was no hot water.

The room was clean.

The noise the kids made in rhe pool. The staff at the restrau t was a little rude.

The atrium was lovely. We realmy enjoyed the hot tub in the middme of it

There wasn't an information binder in the room for the hours and services etc and local attractions/dining options.

I loved the room with access to the center courtyard. I woke up and took a soak in the hot tub and then went back into my room and got ready for my meeting, it was great. Walking access to Java was wonderful, my husband walked over and picked up our morning cafe, which is really important to him to have a good espresso in the morning. Late checkout was really nice for him as well as he had to wait around for me while I went to my all day meeting. He had breakfast and said it was eggcellent!

Being stuck in the elevator and when asked for the manager to contact me if never happened.

Got stuck in the elevator at and took them 45 mins to help me out of the elevator and had to keep calling the front desk in order for them to help me. Very unhappy.

sink was blocked, had to change rooms, second room had torn curtains. insufficient pool towels available for guests using pool, hot tub. No trolly for bags available for check in. first floor carpet really dirty.. staff were helpful, except when my daughter tried calling front desk to ask a question, she was placed on hold three times without being told she was being placed on hold. Next to small airport, some noise in AM. Walls were not soundproof, very noisy hallway activity and voices carried thru.

bed was very comfortable, microwave and fridge in room

The bathroom needed upgrades/ the shower faucet was nearly detached from the wall. Someone left their dirty dish outside their room and they were not picked up for several hours. Our kids used the pool but there were no clean towels. I asked the front desk for some towels, we were there for an hour and nobody brought towels.

I like the pool and the workout room. Nice having food in the hotel and near by. Beds are fairly comfortable.

Rooms were out of date. No lighting at night in hallways Smelled of mold,no fan in bathroom so when i took a shower the smoke detector went off

Friendly staff and indoor pool

The hotel is showing its age a little and no place to go without getting in a car. Would love something a little more walkable but I will trade for a decent place with good rates.

Very reasonable rate for Bay Area with a business center that met my needs.

Bug blood low on the window left from a past customer and missed by housekeeping, Light switch between beds hard to turn, it needs fixing,

Atmosphere relaxing, beds comfortable, social areas on main floor are nice, towels available at the pool.

I had a room that was right at the busy part of the atrium, so it was a little loud. The lady at the front desk would not allow me to check in even an hour early, I was flying in from the east coast to cali and just wanted a show and to change then find a decent place to eat had to drive around in the rental car to waste time for an hour.

The Bed was great, wifi was fast enough video was a little choppy when trying to video chat.

* I had to immediately move rooms when I checked in; initial room dirty * Second room right behind airfield extremely noisy * In Room telephone did not work * Only one elevator and the hotel was extremely laid out thus, causing a lot of walking just to get to your room * Front Desk manager, rude, did not resolve or address my issues, hung up on me. Called corporate and reported him * Hotel older needs major updates

The breakfast buffet was decent Complimentary on-site parking

The bathroom was DISGUSTING! There was a huge stain on carpet in front of room door, there was gum and trash all around pool area, and no food when we arrived for breakfast and employees just standing around talking ignoring customers. At front desk two maids had heated, loud argument with another desk clerk to the point the person helping us had to raise his voice to tell them to keep it down.

Only one person at front desk very good. Everything else was VERY disappointing.

The location of this hotel is perfect and an easy Lyft drive to anything downtown. The bed is super comfortable and the rooms are spacious. They also offer room service and have a restaurant and bar down in the lobby.

Blatant disregard multiple times through multiple visits for basic coordination to deliver basic service.

Horrible wait staff in the restaurant, inefficiency ran rampant as did the basics of water, coffee and ordering timelines.

This time it was very noisey, the ice machine didnt work, nor did the coffee maker in the room. Room prices are starting to get a little high

Its very well self contained with things to do and walking distance from other restaurants. Beds as always a very comfortable

The front desk readily agreed to put us in another room after we first checked in because the first room had a strange smell. We were happy with our new room after that and enjoyed our stay.

I could have used a blanket, there are no blankets on the bed, just a spread, and no spares in the closet. Also there are numerous homeless people in the parking lot.

My room service meal was excellent, so was the price.

As always, everything exceeded my expectations. I was able to relax after my conference and everyone was so polite and well informed. The lobby ambiance and setting as you walk through is amazing. The open foyer gives you that extra tranquility needed after a long day!!!

Checking was fast however the staff wasn’t as friendly as before I have stayed here before and this probably was the worst experience . Also house keeping was busy so we couldn’t get extra towels . It was a great deal for last minute booking but the experience was not great

Check in and check out was fast

Little hard to get into bathroom. Door is very close to toilet so their was some maneuvering

The room was cozy, the bed was absolutely amazing! Slept so well. We didn’t want to get up for the 11:00 departure

That people kept standing outside our window talking...loud! Also there was a leak coming from somewhere... because my husbands pants got wet when he left them on the floor.

The blackout curtains. The nice restaurant manager.

Only thing is that at less nicer hotels and even motels, they offer breakfast free. At the Crowne, your breakfast is free if your room rate is higher, $10 if you pay at the desk.. They also should inform clients of this at check-in. I was kind of embarrassed at breakfast when i was told id not paid enough to get breakfast. They also have an regular menu you can purchase from, separately.

My stay was great, the staff were super helpful and very attentive to my needs. Good location, lots of shopping and food nearby. I needed a soda latenight, but diet was the only thing available, so the front desk lady went and got me one from the bar. She was awesome. Hot tub is very hot, but could use a more powerful jet upgrade for sore travelers. Victor and the lovely ladies at the hotel breakfast buffet were very friendly and attentive, great breakfast with huge selections of fresh fruit, coffee, waffles, french toast, bacon, sausage and eggs and potatoes O'Brien. The atrium inside and garden outside the hotel was so lush and green. beautiful hotel and experience!

People in the next room had a fight. My young kids got scared. Police came. We had to move rooms. Kids didn't go to bed until late because they were scared. Cleanliness of hotel overall was poor.

Pool was nice. Staff was kind and friendly.

Hallways tend to be poorly cleaned and some are quite long

Lobby and atrium area is very nice. Indoor pool great for kids. Rooms were spacious and quiet.

Toilet seat was to low. Your heater didn't work very well. Carpets very dirt.I was disappointed in the price we had to pay. Im trying to locate my quote on my computer because I booked real early and was quoted a different price.

The bed was very comfortable.

The facility had just two elevators to reach our room. One was not functioning. I took the other and it stalled between floor trapping me for several minutes. Being held in silent captivity for a doesn't sound so bad except that for all I knew it could have been two hours. I rang the alarm but there was no human response and no telephone with which to communicate to anyone.

The room itself was quite good. The only negative was the small size of bathroom.

Problem with the toilet clogging twice. We had to call down for towel, maybe having more than. 2 bath towels in the room for long stay would be helpful

Staff was nice and helpful, room was spacious

By the time we get there after spending time with family we were visiting, parking was difficult to find near the entrance of where our room is at. For a limping person, that was a bit of torture. We weren’t able to bring our handicap sign from NJ.

I slept well. I like the bed. The pillows however are not too comfortable. Pillows at the Borgota in Atlantic City are very comfortable.

Elevator did not work. Loud party in adjacent room until 3:30 in the morning. Room was not cleaned until after 5:00 pm.

Accessibility to restaurants and activities.

Next to small airport which my room faced. Very noisy. Wall paper peeling from walls, shower/tub was not clean. Moldy grout. Television reception was really poor. Hotel is in need of a major update.

Bed was comfortable and interior courtyard was very nice.

Bathrooms were small and tub not very handicapped friendly. Stairs at pool area not great for use of a walker.

The property was gorgeous. The room we were given was a short walk from the handicapped parking which is a big plus for handicapped people. Our needs were met with no problems and with friendly responses. Room service was excellent. Food arrived hot and very high quality. We were on a hall entranceway and I was afraid it would be noisy but it was relatively quiet and not a problem. Maids were very accommodating. Everything was great and I found myself smiling all the time!

Although this hotel was recently renovated, the renovations must've stopped with the lobby. There were holes in the curtains, the shower drain was clogged and when I contacted the front desk there were no other rooms available to move us.

Two of the elevators on the way to our room were not in service so it was quite a hike getting there . Also when Checking out the staff member was not very friendly

The location was great and the bed was very comfortable

Staff was ok not so friendly, room did not meet expectation.

Breakfast included with stay, after disatisfied with room they were able to accomadate to a better room.

Bathroom was too small--had to close door to use tub/shower and toilet. The main elevator was down total time there. I thought they would relocate or assign me a room closer to the working elevator.

Bed and bedding/pillows were great.

Street side noise and people making noise in the parking lot. Thats all.

Gorgeous setting. Nicely designed abd wide open. The exterior was beautiful and well maintained. My room was nicely stocked with everyday items I found useful.

Quality of room, expensive breakfast, room.far from.lobby, spiders in room, cobb webbs everywhere.

Breakfast overpriced for quality of room and i feel breakfast should be free or at least cheaper, i like mirror in bathroom and lobby is nice.

couch had large cigarette hole in arm; red stain on carpet near bed, bathroom tile grout black w/dirt, bathroom light fixture pitted w/rust from moisture. refrigerator wouldn't cool with cabinet door closed. tv wasn't working when we arrived, couldn't get alarm clock to work.

bed comfortable, staff very nice, room large and nice window view. restaurant area was gorgeous. manager of hotel, Ryan, professional and very pleasant to work with.

We had reservations for 2 nights. We stayed 1 night. The room was filthy dirty. The room had a strong odor of mold.That could be because The ceiling was full of water stains and sagging in places. The bathroom was dirty.

It would been nice to have a discounted room reservation since I booked a venue room on the same day. In another words it would have been nice to have it as a package.

I love how the lady at the front desk booked our room so close to the venuend room where my daughter 18the party was held.

Room was filthy, furniture is outdated with tears and stains, bathroom is tiny, staff is rude and demanding, when asked for manager, they are never there and will not return phone calls when asked. Nothing was done to make our stay better. The jacuzzi water was cloudy and a bit scary. Oh, and the main elevator was out for the three days we were there. Worst hotel experience I have had in a long time. The pictures on their website must be from another hotel, this hotel in concord is old and dirty from the hallways into the rooms. I would never recommend nor will I ever be back.

Courtyard was..

The neighbor above and next door who was banging off the walls partying in the wee hours of the morning! The hotel needs to invest in insulation between floors and walls.

My room had no light in the bathroom and the thermostat was hanging off the wall by one screw. called for maintenance, took an hour and no show, so I just cancelled the maintenance call and went to sleep.

restaurant is always good. check in is always prompt.

I wasn't happy that the wouldn't let us check in without a major credit card. I over head another guest having difficulty checking in because of that as well. We both were prepared to pay in full with cash and give a cc for incidentals but they wouldn't except that. Thank goodness my friend had a CC to charge until we left. The other guest was sitting in the lobby when we went to our room trying to figure out what to do.

Staff was friendly and the atmosphere was great. I loved the pool and jacuzzi.

Hotel is showing signs of wear. Sound proofing isn't the best.

Comfortable bed and friendly staff. Handy parking and supermarket across the road. Excellent gym

Didn't tell us at check in about restaurant on property. If there was breakfast. Refrigerator in room the door was broke so nothing could stay cold.

Beautiful place quick check in. Took care of my needs. Cleaning crew was super nice

The air conditioner was not working in the room. The sheets on one of the beds were dirty. They moved us to another room because they couldn't fix the air conditioner after hours of trying. Once we moved to the other room it wasn't clean and no towels or toiletries.

There wasn't a refrigerator in our room which was an inconvenience but it was late and I didn't want to keep waiting, it should have been in there when we checked in. We also asked for a room that was away from a noisy area and they put us right by the airport.

there is plenty of parking.

Breaker went out when we turned the bathroom light on so lucky we had flashlight could no adjust air con room was to cold for us. Bathroom was really small other than that everything was good.

Rooms are dated and difficult to locate in the hotel's labyrinth of halls. Staff are often preoccupied with weddings and events. Television service is limited and wifi coverage spotty.

Attractively priced, the Crowne Plaza is an acceptable mid-range hotel in Concord. King rooms are typically reserved for less than $130 a night.

One of the main elevators were out, as well as the ice machine closest to our room. Layout of hotel was very long and made it inconvenient while these items were not working. In our room you could hear water banging in the plumbing. First time we experienced the loud noise was on our first night at about 3 am. It woke up both my husband and myself. You could hear it throughout the day both of the days we were there.

There were a number of restaurants close by as well as attractions such as movie theaters with in a short driving distance.

?

Room was clean and cool when needed and warm when needed. Loved room set up with fridge microwave and the added counter space near closet. Had a good time Kids loved the indoor pool

Maybe a free breakfast, i don't know what more to say, it was comic con weekend, heat was a roar, labor day weekend, the price was what it was. I couldn't argue that. But the price was a bit a hurt on my trip. But I understand the reasoning

AC works, everything was cool, beaten the heat. The pool was nice, the jacuzzi was better, the whole hotel was covered from the heat. The bed was nice, the shower was powerful, and i was able to sleep like I haven't in a long time.

Even tho I pre booked the room it took 40min to get me a room key. The pool is too small, and the restaurant staff are very unprofessional.

The best part was the AC considering it was 110 degrees outside

This hotel is extremely outdated. They charge a $100 fee additional for a pet (which is insane) considering how run down and dirty the place is. They need to replace all the carpets in the building, they're all stained The inside is really weird, with an uninviting pool and hot tub - not a lot of privacy, almost in the middle of the courtyard. Concord has pretty much nothing to offer, except there's a convenient Starbucks and Trader Joes right across the street.

the staff was nice, easy check-in.

Bathroom was far too small and the fan did not work at all. The hair dryer stopped working after 30 seconds, had to wait several minutes until it cooled down before it would start again. Even tried using it outside the bathroom in the bedroom and it was still lousy there too.

Elevators not working, food trays blocking passages, charged $50 deposit for breakages....who stays here? Charged for breakfast, told it begins early on a Sunday, yet not the case. Air conditioner faulty, maintenance staff inept, front desk staff arrogant and defiant. The list is longer still.

AC in room did not work and there were no windows to be opened so we were very uncomfortable - even in a SF suburb where cool summer evenings are common

The staff was unfriendly and just unqualified. The AC in the room didn't work correctly. There was nothing to play music in the room. The TV didn't work, could not even browse to a channel of any type. No minibar, no usb ports, poor lighting and crappy lamps all around.

Bed was comfortable. DISLIKES: I arrived at 4:30pm and my room was not ready. It was another 30 minutes before a room was ready. The staff at the front told me that they would call me as soon as the first room opened. After I returned, they were already checking other people into available rooms.

The room was dirty. I found a false finger on the floor. Bed linen was stained. The hot tub had pubic hair and flakes of skin floating in it. It had a non smoking policy. Yet the room at the end of our hallway. Smelled of pot that made the hall around the room smell of it. It wouldn't have been a problem. But the elevator was down and we had to use the stairs. Speaking of the stairs the doors leading to them were so dirty and grimy i had to use hand sanitizer everytime I touched THEM. The security door never locked I didn't even have to use my key to get into the building.

It was kind of rundown. Maybe built in 80's and room were dated. The entrances to hotel caused scraping of car's underside (deep grove).

Room's artwork was okay. Location was okay for work. Not far from down town.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

We arrived @ 12:45 P.M, we noted on the reservation sheet, that we would be there between 1:00 P.M. & 2:00 P.M., we were told by clerical at the front desk that check in wasn't until 3:00 P.M. come back then. We walked around the Hotel a bit, and waited in the Atrium, which is a nice feature, then we noticed the front desk was letting people check in? We went back to the front desk again, around 2:20 P.M., this time they said the room was not ready? We then waited in the lounge area in site of the front desk, watching others walk up and check in?? Then around 3:40 P.M. we got a head node and a gesture to come up to the front desk. The staff at the front desk needs training.

The facility is clean, the breakfast buffet was good, the atrium is a nice added feature.

One of the elevators was out of commission, so the others were very slow considering it's only a three-story property. Additionally, the hallways had a strange odor. Finally, my bathroom was painfully small - walk out of the shower directly into the toilet.

The location was ideal - right of the freeway, near a Starbucks, Trader Joe's, etc.

• Standard Room

Poor customer service very overpriced for the place

Good location near airport but customer service was basically non-existent couldn't get a ride anywhere even though they said they would travel within five miles of facility had to call taxi just to go to the airport

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Expected so much more from this hotel considering it's a very nice location and it has the Crowne Plaza brand . It was supposed to be newer and more updated facility looking at your pictures online . It was like watching a hamburger commercial looking so good on TV and in reality it does not come close to what it's supposed to be

The hotel location was great. Hotel was very clean. Close to restaurants and shopping. Beds was very comfortable. Parking was easy to do. Staff was good but could be more engaging to the guests. I work the front desk in Reno and expected more friendly responses and engagement with their guests especially coming from a different state .

#1 Stayed 1 night after a long trip. A/C was so loud it was impossible to sleep! The noise was awful. Slept about 2-3 hours (( woke up very tired. Shut off the A/C was not an option due to weather conditions. To mount air conditioner near the bed was sooooo bad idea! #2 Poor quality coffee machine.

Room was clean and nice. Mattresses were awesome.

The Customer Service was one of the poorest experiences I have ever had during check-in. The Night front attendant had no experience, or options for help when she could not find our multi-room reservation. Even though we had all the info on an email. We reserved 4 rooms under 4 different names. She had 3 of them, but not the 4th, and said it was full and could not do anything about it. She said they did not have couch beds or roll-a-way beds, and did not offer to find us a room in the area. In fact, told us to call Crown customer service on the 1-800 number. She did not offer to call or help at all. We gave her all these options that we are used to, while traveling on business and all she said is that it was not in the system, could not help or do anything about it. What it boils down, is absolute Poor Training of their associates. Place had elevators that were under construction as well, and had fans blowing in the hallways all night long, 12AM+. The bathroom door was so close the the shower and toilet when opened; made it impossible to not knee the door when moving around. Will never recommend this place. Go to another place in Concord, CA. Trust me! I had better luck at a Motel 6 in a sleepy town.

Room was clean and well maintained.

The decor of the room had a vibe from a 1970's garage sale. The location of the room was a 10 minute walk from the the hotel amenities. There were several groups of young men loitering around the parking lot and hotel security was nowhere to be seen. The shower was inoperable

The front desk staff was very helpful

Room was outdated . Had to ask to have room cleaned. Bathroom to small to even turn around. We over looked the pool. My wife refused to go in when she saw a young boy urinating in flowers by spa while his mother watched on. We had stayed with you a few years ago and were very pleased. I am not sure if I will return.

Nice facility.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We have stayed here before and love this hotel. Great atmosphere, very clean and excellent staff. Kids love the pool and miniature golf, and my wife and I love the bar that is open until 11 pm to go and get a glass of wine and relax.

The fan in the bathroom was on a constant on, no way to shut off

Hotel was in an ideal location for visiting family and friends. Would recommend this hotel with very high ratings

Service was terrible!! Absolutely terrible. Seats in room was horrible. And the price was too high for just two nights. Not worth it at all.

Bed was very comfortable.