Reviews of Arbor Suites Medical Mile 2 stars

1260 East Independence Street, Springfield, MO 65804, USA

#28 of 46 hotels in Springfield

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Breakfast eggs cook in oil, BAD BAD BAD coffee-had to drive to McDonalds for coffee, bed in room 114 awful & so uncomfortable, dog pee stains on carpet and room smelled like dog urine, bathtub old and rusting and sink was partially clogged and slow to drain.

The location, free WiFi, free breakfast & dog friendly.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The beds are OLD they say into the middle and the pillows are FLAT! Took 3 to get my head even with my back...

It was quiet, and the biscuits and gravy were by far the BEST hotel wise we've had in a while!!!

• King Suite

Good location to surgery center I had to go to. Room was extra large and comfortable, with sofa table and chairs and kitchenette.. The bed was comfortable with extra large comfy pillows. The full breakfast was great! The staff was pleasing and accommodating. Check in and check out was fast.

• King Suite

The floors in the sink area were very sticky, appeared to be excessive glue when glued down. Also for a handicap accessible room, the stool seat was loose. They did not have my original reservation. They put us in a room for handicapped people.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The pillows were like pancakes, a lot of dust on the lamp shades, very hot in the room but that was bc the air kept freezing up bc it was cool outside, and our keys didn't work until we went to the office.

The room was quiet and the staff was helpful. Breakfast had options.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Bed too hard for my taste. Sheets felt a little old. Call 4 times to confirm my reservation on check in day and no one answered the phone and there was not a recording.

Room larger than expected. Clean with updated bathroom. Adequate amenities.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Toilet was slow to flush, when telling front desk, I was informed that was the way all toilets were flushing due to sewer. Returned to room flushed again and toilet overflowed all over floor. When I went to front desk to inform them of what happened I was offered towels to clean it up. I suggested they move me to a new room. The next room was above, what could only be considered a party, loud music and people drinking outside in parking lot. When I requested another room I was told the only other rooms available were an upgrade. When I said I would not pay for an upgrade the clerk said she could make an exception this time and moved me to a "suite" Over all the experience was not good and I do not plan on staying at this hotel when I travel back to Springfield MO.

Safe area

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

There was a tack on the floor and my husband stepped on it. The bedding that was on the pullout bed was dirty and the double beds were very hard except in the middle where when you laid on it you literally sunk down. The rooms also smelled like smoke. The door handle on the outside of the main door looked like it was going to fall off.

The staff was very friendly.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

So the things I didn't like were a little nit-picky, and considering the current state of the country and who the president is, the little things in my hotel shouldn't cause me any stress. Upon climbing the stairs and walking on the upper deck to reach my room, the cement was chipped and pitted, and the steel frame of the door was corroded. It looked like a remodeled Motel-6. The bathroom light was burned out, and I couldn't figure out how to turn the overhead fan on. No biggie. First world problems. So I'm laying in bed just reading my new book after a long day of hiking and the girl next door starts making sounds like she is having loud sex. I turn up the AC fan so I don't have to hear it. This high pitched crying continues for 45 minutes, and I started to wonder if she was not having sex, but tied up and being tortured. Since I had seen the guy outside on the deck earlier and he was kind of sketchy-looking, I decided not to intervene. The next morning I saw a "Do Not Disturb" sign on their door, and I was concerned that she might have been cut up and stuffed into trash bags. Since it's Monday and no one has announced a murder in Springfield, I feel confident that these people just had loud sex. The overall location was great, with one exception. There is a veterinary clinic across the street. It's a really nice facility, not noisy; however, it reminded me that I was not at home working at my own veterinary clinic, so I felt guilty for being away and taking some time for myself. Will I stay there again? If I find myself on a trip alone, I might because the price was good, it is on the south side of Springfield, which is the safe side. There is easy access to a major highway, except for the weird intersections that are present in Missouri which stress me out because they are not what I am used to.

The best attribute about this hotel is the super nice staff I encountered. They were friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable, the sheets were clean, as well as the room in general. For a place to sleep while on a weekend by myself, it was adequate and served my needs.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The owner could have sent the people around more often to spread the ice melt. The people there went out and did it Sunday so we could get out.

The staff was very helpful and considerate when I fell because of the slippery conditions. The clean conditions of the place and the quiet.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Fire alarm battery went dead & started beeping at 2:30 am. Guests could smoke outside the rooms & our whole 'non-smoking room' smelled like an ashtray.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Room smelled extremely bad from cigarette smoke. Staff sprayed but that only had a marginal effect. We felt like we were sleeping in an ashtray....Very uncomfortable .

• King Suite

Brown recluse in toilet. Over run by ants on the counter tops. Bed hard as a rock.

Breakfast was adequate, more than we expected. Clean room. Nice check in clerk. Free movies to borrow and a DVD player to borrow.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The facilities were very beaten up from the furniture that was stained to the threadbare sheets.

The staff was actually quite nice and was trying to make it a good experience

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Our fridge didn't work but we let them know and I'm sure they have fixed it.

Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. Especially Alexis, she referred us to the most amazing restaurant and is so welcoming and friendly! Kudos Alexis!. The bed was very comfortable! We slept so well. The breakfast was nice and we really liked that the eggs were scrambled and not a rubbery patty!

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

No parking. Our tv did not work. No maid service for 3 days. Our door did not lock properly. Prostitution in the parking lot. Rooms were filthy and dated.

Absolutely nothing. A building inspection should be done. Two sets of stairs blocked off due to structural problems. Stairs caving in.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The room had a weird smell. The freezer had a half filled water bottle left from the guests before us. The beds were very uncomfortable. The first day the maid cleaned she only made 2 out of the 3 beds we used. She didn't refill the coffee supplies and she didn't clean the coffee pot that we used! Saw her doing a lot more talking and smoking outside with the other maid than actual cleaning. I think her name was Galinda but that could be another person since that card with her name was there when we checked in so I'm not sure if it was a new card or left behind by the previous guests.

The breakfast was good. Kaylynn worked very hard cleaning the eating area, refilling the food and working the front desk. She was the best part of the whole stay.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The stool ran over right away. The staff was extremely nice and gave us another room. That room smelled musty and dirty. I reported this to the staff, and we were upgraded to a third room, which was okay.

The location was perfect for our needs. The room was a great size.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The steps to the upper level were literally falling apart. One section was completely closed due to how bad of shape they were in. Overall the place was very run down.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

I am currently on the first morning of our 2 night stay. It has been horrible and I will not recommend or stay here again. First room they gave us, stunk real bad of cigarettes and other things unclean feeling. The metal stairs to get to the room were broken and were scary to even. Walk on. Second room had a smell not as bad. Sheets did not smell clean. Carpet stained. And then for breakfast all I could get was yogurt because enough food was on the breakfast bar. Not kept stocked either. Not a happy customer.

Refrig and microwave in room

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The stairs were taped off, because they were dangerous and you couldn't use. The maid drank out of my bottle of vodka and the tonic water while I was out.Hope she liked the Titos

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

I actually stayed 2 nights ... also stayed July 3-4 on our return trip ... I don't think that I got my senior (aarp) discount however and have been meaning to contact someone about this oversight.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The hotel was close to hospital where I needed to be. I also needed early check in and the clerk was extremely friendly and accommodating. Beds were comfortable and I especially enjoyed the ceiling fan in my room. Excellent value!

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The stay at this property was much greater than expected. Friendly and courteous staff, property extremely clean and the location was excellent.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Room smelled. It is a pet friendly property I found out at check-in. Floor was not clean. Hairdryer did not work. They ran out of coffee in the breakfast room. Parking lot too small.

Location. And eggs in the breakfast room.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

A difficult bump at the curb when entering or exiting the motel. Fix it.

LSU's victory over FL State in the College World Series on the TV. This had nothing to do w/ the motel, but we would have been furious had the TV not worked properly.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

I had asked for a handicap shower which we got, however, I recommend putting some kind of rubber grippers on the bottom of the tub as it was very slick. Otherwise, the chair and hand rails work very good.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location of the motel was excellent for our purposes and the entire motel was very clean and well kept. Overall, we had a very nice stay and would recommend it to our friends.

That I had to leave 😐

Alexa the the front desk was excellent at allowing me to check in early when a room came available. I also liked that I could have brought my pet inside with me if needed. The room was so clean and comfortable!!!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

I've stayed a couple times in the past and just calling im before I checked in the gentleman at the front desk knew who I was. They let me check in 3 hours early because of my flight and were very courteous and treated me like I was really a guest they knew

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• King Suite

The iron in the room fell apart when I used it and the sink drained very slowly. The breakfast left a lot to be desired, no plates, only bowls and food was mostly gone at prime time for breakfast.

The location was excellent since we were there for a surgery at Cox surgery center.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The only thing we didn't care for was the pull out couch...the mattress on it was worn and probably could use a new one.

We travel to Springfield every month to visit family and this was the first time staying here. We had no problems with anything and the staff went above and beyond for my disabled mom. And I have to say...we have stayed in many hotels/motels with the continental breakfast and this breakfast and the coffee were excellent!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

There was a step to the second floor that was rotten. I almost fell. Other than that for the price, the room was worn, but clean and comfortable and safe.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Loud traffic

Excellent for the price. We were there for a medical procedure at Cox hospital. Perfect location. Rooms extra space was nice. All the accommodations were just right. Will use again should the need arise.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• King Suite

Had to ask front deck for things for the kitchen Next time I'll bring my own stuff

It's a nice place to stay this is my second time here frist time was a family gathering over thanksgiving time sitting room and then bedroom

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The beds were pretty nice, with exception of pillows - definitely need new, fluffier pillows and maybe new bedding. The only thing that was truly bad about our room was the ceiling in the bathroom. It had broken tiles, mold and stains...ick. Truly was the only turn-off of the stay.

The beds were okay and the room was pretty clean. The best part of the stay was the staff...so helpful! We forgot toothbrushes and they had disposables for us. Our room was right next to the pool and was still very quiet. Breakfast was very good for a smaller hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

We had an upstairs room no elevator and the stairway was faulty. The air conditioning unit was noisy and kept you from sleeping. Just was not a good staying experience.

The staff people appeared to be friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• King Suite

The sheets made me itch. However when it started raining the sheets started to feel more damp which helped. The grid on the outside of the room covering the in take of the air conditioner was particularly missing .This may have led to why my clothes and sheets felt damp. I did not like my clothes in the morning feeling damp. I did not like the biscuit and gravy and wished they had boiled eggs.

The staff was friendly . The price they normally charge was 79.00 dollars and I paid 64.99 and with tax 70.08 . I liked the price. In the room I liked the French doors that concealed the sink and bathroom area. The furniture was a nice color and the room was decorated very nice. I liked the pastries and yougurt. The breakfast room was also decorated very nice and in the breakfast room the T .V was on with morning program and weather.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The sink drained very slowly. The tub didn't have a stopper.

Great little pool. Good continental breakfast. Very friendly staff.

Rooms laundry

Cool

It was perfect

Location, clean, convenient

• King Suite

Clean and close to hospital

Prices were a bit high

I like that I don't have to pay in advance bc I only had cash.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was good, but could use a little variety.

• King Suite

better location for coffee maker,

It was great value ,easy access to many of springfield attraction. Quiet ,sleep great

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Clean. Sofa in room. Hot simple breakfast. Allowed early check in.

Toilet slow flushing

• King Suite

The outside, it had a gloomy look and feel.

It was just ok,just a place to sleepand move on.

Clean, friendly.

All

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

highway noise, and not all electrical plugs worked.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Handle on sink kept falling off so hard to control temp. Room had a funny odor but looked clean. Refrigerator temp wasnt cool

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Although nothing that you can control, way too many guests smoking outside of their rooms made a very uncomfortable stay.

• King Suite

Check in was easy and it was close to the hospital.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Easy access/ friendly and helpful service, comfortable bed. Going to try it again if available tomorrow.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

That there was enough sleeping space for all my family.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The stairwells were in bad shape

The room was clean it was close to where we needed to be

Brother"s room was inadequately

My room was good; however my brothers room was not good. He did not sleep well

The bed was soft

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was a little limited, but more than sufficient.

The pull out couch was a great extra bonus. Staff was extra nice.

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The stairs need repair. Ran out of food items of breakfast. Waffle machine was broken.

Room is spacious

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The size of the pool very small

The pool is small but clean

Uncomfortable Pillows , Some Carpet Area Not totally clean

Nice bathroom

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

My tv and remote did not work. I spent over an hour trying to program a new remote that the staff gave to me and it never worked.

The shower was nice

Close to hospital

• King Suite

The price made our rm trip affordable.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Close to my job, quiet and clean

• King Suite

Location so close to the highways

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

very close to my job, quiet

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Wait for food at the breakfast

Clean

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

staff was great. nice room!

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

All good

Friendly staff!

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Obviously an older facility.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Keep doing what you are doing.

Room was really clean and spacious. Quiet overnight. Easily accessed from freeway.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• King Suite

Towels too thin & poor condition. Bar soap small & broken. Not enough cups in bathroom. Not enough coffee in room.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017