Reviews of Custom Hotel 4 stars

8639 Lincoln Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA

#281 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was not aware before booking of the $35 fee for overnight parking. I tried to find parking on the street and at 9pm drove around the facility 3 times and could not find a spot. Being a woman traveling alone and having to leave early for work, I did not want to walk that far with luggage, so I had to pay the fee.

The location was great and the bathroom amenities too. The fridge and Micro were helpful as well.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

My booking was for a room with twin beds, a work station and 'noise cancelling' windows. Our room was noisy and had nowhere to sit but 2 very low beds, When I questioned our room at reception they moved us higher to a quieter room. The beds were better but still no work station - the staff didn't know what I was talking about - and then said they only had them in single bed rooms. The bathroom was dirty and the tiles were flaking, there were smoke burns in the mesh curtains of a non-smoking room, and the staff were disengaged.

Free airport shuttle and close to Ralphs superette.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Had to pay for parking....40$ which i was unaware and unprepared for. Had to pay for breakfast. Tub leaked from the wall.

Sure if you paid for them.....

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Extremely basic breakfast. Tired room. Bathroom leaked during the night so we couldn’t use until maintenance staff arrived!!! No bar or food during the day! Extremely crowded Elevator is extremely slow and outdated. Dark corridors Needs major renovations in my opinion

Location. Pleasant staff who eventually dealt with our leak complaint well.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Beds were really comfy, and the check in was so easy too! Love the fact that we checked out later than usual and they did not complain. Plus the free airport shuttle service was great.

the staff HORRIBLE. Attitude problems from when I checked in and worse when I checked out. Sarcastic and unfriendly describes it. Both check-in and check-out different staff but same horrible attitude. The bed was noisy and uncomfortable.

The location, very close to the airport

• Deluxe Queen Room

NO towels in the bathroom. Still empty shampoo bottles laying around. Biggest annoyance was that the maid was knocking on our door TOTALLY IGNORING the DO NOT DISTURB sign!!! VERY RUDE!!!

• Premium Room with Two Double Beds High Floor

extremely low and not overly comfortable bed. Only one chair and extremely low. Both bed and chair difficult for anyone with knee and low back issues. No on site parking, surprised by $35.00 valet parking charge was a surprise. We were told the only other option was to find street parking AC blows too hard even on low.

Airport location & breakfast buffet

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had a mix up with our booking but the staff were quick to help and accommodate our needs. Lovely hotel, great services. Shuttle service is a life saver!

• Deluxe Queen Room

The free shuttle service going to airport wasn’t on.. when they said it would be. Which was a bit of shame as had to end up ubering.

Very close to airport, and Santa Monica etc. easy to get around

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

When i first got there there was a young valet hispanic attendant who ignored me when i asked where to park for valet and when i finally got someone's attention where to park, the rude attendant took my keys and walked away. I informed him I needed to lock my door. He seemed very hesitant to let me see my own car and even lock my own door. The room view was not too pleasant (it wasn't anything spectacular). The beds were soft but very low on the ground (so for someone like me 5'11), it was interesting to jump in bed. The Valet was a very small aisle and was confusing to learn where to park. The Valet is very expensive as well per vehicle ($35 each car). The staff so far did not seem too helpful.

• Two-Bedroom Studio with One King Bed & Two Double Beds

Too expensive for what you get. Parking is very expensive 40USD/night and they make sure you dont park on the streets close by. Bathroom outdated. It is not the worst place to stay (good place overall) but is posible to find nicer places in same area for same or a little bit more of the price.

• Premium Room with Two Double Beds High Floor

i didn't like how in one room from the master suite the air condition didn't work. room 825 the one with the two queen beds

i liked the room it was great and good view

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms looked better in the photos online. In reality ours was a bit tired but clean and comfy nonetheless.

Staff went above and beyond, fabulous! Decent breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

A lot could've been better about the hotel. The room smelled, whole bathroom needed to be updated. Several lights in the room were out. The bed was the most uncomfortable thing and it was so low to the ground that I felt like I was sleeping on the floor. The night staff have nasty attitudes. Parking was $35 dollars a night or free if you found parking on the street (which is rare).

I liked that it was affordable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great location friendly knowledgable staff made our stay so much fun. The front desk staff just went that little bit further with help and knowledge. Happy to give a fabulous review

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No parking and expensive valet. The room was old and could be cleaner.

It was near where I needed to be. The price was better than other places near by.

The carpet was dirty and uncomfortable to the bare feet touch- the kind you use in really heavy duty traffic commercial.

The room layout of the king room was interesting- with the bed in the middle. Surprisingly the bed was very comfy!! I have Back problems and this bed was great!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location was absolutely great for us since we were here for ou son's graduation at Loyola Marymount University. It was also very convenient for shops, restaurants and LAX.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The cleanliness of this hotel was very poor, The lobby smelled, as well as the elevator. The room was poorly renovated and kept. The carpet was dirty, bathroom had hair on the floor and mold on the rim of the toilet, the light switches were filthy.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I paid 305 for two days and the room had chip paint the a/c vents was super dirty hard beds the bathtub paint was chiped then the parking was 35 dollers a day they didnt even tell me that until i checked out i had never did a review before this that was the worst hotel i ever got for 300 dollers for two days now if it was a 60 doller hotel i could understand that but not for 300

• Deluxe Queen Room

The best part of the hotel was being next to a major grocery store and I got my meals there. Also, it was pretty quiet for being in the middle of things.

• Deluxe Queen Room

poor customer service, no luggage carts available, room was dirty upon entering (tv was on, old keycard was present and half eaten slice of pizza in garbage) , elevators stunk of cigarrette smoke. when i asked for packaging tape at from desk to prepare a box to ship, i told they dont have any. rediculous for a hotel that bills itself for business trips.

location was close to LAX airport

Rooms don’t have enough light (just two lamps) Coffee machine is a bit out of date, would rather prefer a kettle and instant coffee.

Really close to the airport. Complimentary airport shuttle. They were able to accomodate early check in

The hotel is so out of date, basic and really not worth the money. I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible for many reasons.

The staff were helpful and let me check-in early. And the shuttle driver was awesome :-)

It seems the property was renovated in some areas but you can still see that it needs improvement. There is no parking, only valet. Didn't realized when we booked. Had to park on the street to avoid the almost $40 per night fee for valet.

Close to LAX. Good size room.

• Two-Bedroom Studio with One King Bed & Two Double Beds

What is the worst place ever been to in my life getting ran around

There was no swimming pool no Wi-Fi no sope no coffee What is the worst place ever been to in my life

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Heavy Smells a of pot or hash,even at times it came through aircon or something into uor room. No chair to sit in. Only very low bed. Pictures when we booked does not match the real. Old rooms and bath.

Internet worked fine. Tv fine. Warm water bath fine. Bed fine.

• Premium King Room High Floor

The first room's tub was gross and the desk was sticky so we ask for another room.

The bed, tv, view, shower of new room, and the location was great.

Didn’t really offer what we expected, coffees in the room were undrinkable, carpet was cheap and horrible to walk on, badly lit hallways.

Close to airport, bed was comfey

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were rock hard. Only has valet parking with no in/out privileges. We could hear street noise clearly from our 1st floor rm. There were no outlets near the bedside table to charge phones. Lame breakfast cost extra. Did I mention the beds were rock hard? : (

Good proximity to LAX. Staff was kind, esp the valet attendant.

• Premium Room with Two Double Beds High Floor

Staff were rude. There was a group of girls partying and keeping us up most of the night. The worst part of the stay was when I asked for a 5:15 am wake up call and double checked with reception before going to sleep as I had a feeling it might have been forgotten. I got a snappy reply from the front desk when double checking and was made to feel like I was rude for even asking. In the morning I never received a wake up call. I tend to snooze my alarms so having a reliable wake up call especially when flying internationally is very important to me. It’s also not a 4 star hotel in my opinion.

The shuttle bus

• Premium King Room High Floor

Everything was perfect, just know the valet parking is $35 a night, but I didn't mind it.

Really great hotel by the airport, LOVE the huge window in our room, it is perfect for couples.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

the lighting in the room. makes you feel old and uhm ugly, thin walls and loud partying guests.

I was in a room next to the elevator and the walls were paper thin. not great ad the people who would stand in them were parties and this disrupted my sleep and work the next day.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

My only complaint was parking for my car...there was none.

The staff was accommodating to my exceptions, the shuttle was quick to pick me up, the pool was nice, the location was ideal, and my room was spotless.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Website a misrepresentation. Not a boutique hotel. Maybe it was, but now long in the tooth. Dark halls. Chipped paint. Expected to be able to see views from roof. Once in them, beds comfortable, but super low to the ground. Bathroom needs upgrade. Shower pressure incredibly low.

Very close to airport and Otis College. Front desk staff super friendly and accommodating. Sheets on beds comfy.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

DONT STAY IN THIS HOTEL!! THE HOTEL IS NOT WORTH IT FOR THE PRICE, THEY DONT SAY THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY 35 DOLARS PER NIGHT FOR THE PARKING BUT THAT´S NOT THE WORST THING, THE WORST THING IS THAT MY FAMILY AND I STAYED THERE FOR THREE NIGHTS AND THEY CHARGED TO MY DEBIT CARD AROUND 7 NIGHTS!! I CHECKED OUT ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO AND THEY STILL TAKING MY MONEY FROM MY CARD! THEY CHARGED THE 3 NIGHTS THAT WE STAYED THERE TO MY HUSBAND'S DEBIT CARD AND THEY ALSO CHARGED ABOUT 5 NIGHTS TO MY DEBIT CARD, SO IN TOTAL THEY CHARGED BETWEEN THE 2 CARDS AROUND 8 NIGHTS AND THE WORST THING IS THAT THE PEOPLE WHO WORKS THERE DON´T HAVE THE BEST ATTITUDE TO FIX THIS SITUATION SO MY RECOMMENDATION IS DONT STAY THERE! GABY

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was not working all of 4 days we stayed. We booked hotel with the pool but we could not use it. My kids were dissapointed. Parking at the hotel cost $28.50 extra per night. Not mentioned on the booking page. We found free road near buy.

Good room size for 2 adults and 2 children.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Old worn elevators gave bad first impression, dark grey poorly painted walls, rough uncomfortable carpet in room, old dirty tub, low pressure in shower due to water saver shower Pool area looks nice on photo but man is that photo lying, basically all photos were a big lie, reality is different not worth the money at all pay 20 bucks extra and stay at marriott. Its the kind of old worn place that they thing they can completely renovate with a coat of paint that looks like its been painted by a 10 year old only positive it was a ralphs supermarket behind the building with deli and starbucks

only good thing was comfy bed and clean sheets.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Facilities are kinda old, not the most hospitable service at reception. Wifi didn’t work and they basically charge you after 24 hours

Bed is comfy, loved the pool/bar area.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn’t like that the room didn’t have a microwave, we ended up throwing a lot of our food away. And the hallways smelt like weed but it’s not their fault.

The breakfast was great and the room was spacious!

when they close the hotel restaurant you don’t have many options around.

They had free airport shuttle from 5 am to 12 am. I loved the cleanliness and the kindness of the staff.

Bar was overpriced. It was pretty cool out and a hot tub would have been dreamy. Also all the staff were great except for when I asked for an extra towel from the cleaning staff, they were rude to me.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk on first impression argued that we did not have the breakfast service upon check in. I showed him the booking.com reservation. He came across annoyed. The parking is extremely expensive. Had I known I would not have picked up the car rental. Please know I booked this hotel because of it's location near the airport. I have stayed at this hotel many, many times in Los Angeles and rated it as my favorite hotel. After the owners changed it has a ghetto appearance. _shower spray is wonderful but somehow leaks out -pool which I wanted to swim in was so scary dirty with rubbish and more dumped in it. So disappointing. -guests were stuck in elevator and fire truck had to help them escape The hotel has gone downhill since Joie de Vivre let go of ownership. It is my hope that you share

The Gentlemen who runs the breakfast is terrific. Great personality. Food was delicious. Care put into that. Extremely odd that the Tilly's coffee is not available and machine has been broken for a year. Strange.

• Deluxe Queen Room

My second stay at this hotel. It was a bit dated and bland. Parking was WAY TOO MUCH at $35 night. Had to park over a block away. Some of the desk staff clearly wanted to be elsewhere. They should work on the welcome.

Really clean room & most of the staff was friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pretty old building, carpets run-down, bathtub & wall paint came off, hair in the wall art behind the bed, staff not the friendliest

Closeness to Venice Beach, quiet in the room even though it’s right next to the airport

• Deluxe Queen Room

Didn't care for the breakfast. And my mini fridge stopped working so my food spoiled which was a huge bummer (I eat a kind strict diet).

Bed and bath were wonderful!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom and there is no closet nor parking. They charge $25 usd for parking and its only valet. If not you have to park in the street.

The beds and staff

• Deluxe Queen Room

It feels a little underwhelming, old but well kept, the dark carpet makes the room look cheap, some noises from the outdoor

Nicely located and clean, with nearby supermarket

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Air con did not work,converted electricity into noise, NOT cool air. Reported three times but nothing done.

Beds, space and cleanliness, plus friendliness of staff!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I don’t like the they don’t provide parking for the guest .w have to pay 35 dollars per day for parking coming from Vegas I didn’t even bother on checking for that something so simple a Parking for the hotel guest not happy happy about that.

The hotel beIng close to everything most of the beaches.love it

I didn’t like the fact I flew to California all the way from Omaha to be mistreated. I was told there would be an incidental fee added on to the price of my room, it didn’t make sense to me. Why spring that on someone when they travel halfway across the US in a place they’ve never been before. It didn’t seem like the employees cared either. I explained that the price listed on my confirmation was different and asked why they wouldn’t tell you before booking. I asked to speak with a manager and was told there was no one else to speak with. I booked the room in confidence that I would be treated with respect and I didn’t get it. I had a better time in California at a hotel in downtown Los Angeles that cost half the price as Custom.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Pillows were not comfortable- bed was ok. room furnishings are very sparse, rusty hinges on bathroom door- plumbing coming out from the tub wall

great location

The room was very very simple with very little wall decorations and a low bed. It reminded me of university residence. The carpet in the hall was also well worn.

It was nice to have a large grocery story beside the hotel.

• Premium King Room High Floor

Although the photos on the website made it look updated and modern, the entire hotel was very run down. Our blinds had tears in them, walls had scrapes and holes, the bed sunk down in the middle. The furnishings and finishes reminded me of a cheap college apartment (not enough seating, wobbly table, metal single bulb lamp). The walls had stains dripping down from a popcorn ceiling. The walls are paper thin so we could hear everything our neighbors were doing. Every single morning we were there I walked by vomit at the lobby entrance on my way to get coffee and it was still there a good part of the morning while staff just walked by it.

Our room had a nice view. Close proximity to the airport and surprisingly little noise from the planes. There is a grocery store and a few restaurants within walking distance.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I arrived late after a flight into LAX. I was traveling alone, and security/safety is what I value most in a hotel. You can imagine how terrified I was when, around midnight, a strange man entered my room! I jumped up and told him he was in the wrong room. Thankfully, he was nice and said the front desk accidentally gave him the key to my room. I called the front desk and had to wait more than 20 minutes for someone to answer the phone. When I told the front desk representative what happened, she was very annoyed and said “What do you want me to do about it”? When I asked her what she could do, she very annoyingly offered me 20% off and free breakfast. When I came down for breakfast in the morning, they didn’t know that I was supposed to receive a free breakfast, and when I went back to my room, the key card stopped working. I’ve never complained about a hotel before, but I’m sharing this in hopes that something will change at this hotel, and nobody else will have to experience this frightening safety breach combined with bad attitude. Awful experience.

Near the airport

• Deluxe Queen Room

Would've liked a kettle (there was just a coffee machine) as some people like tea and it would've been nice if the lamp next to the bed worked instead of having to get up to switch it off. Also TV channels kept defaulting to the start. meaning you had to scroll through numerous sports channels each time you wanted to get to the channel you wanted.

The room as a good size, plenty of space to swing a cat.

Bed very low, TV did not work, Place was "tired" in appearance. No nice place for dinner within walking distance.

Location near LAX was great. Staff were very nice

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Really expencive extra charges. Like 35 usd for one night parking i front of the Hotel.the fitness centrum? That was extra small. Not equipped ať all. There was not any tablet in our room. Just the TV on a Wall. Thee hotel charged 50 usd per day for damage. If you stay for one week,thats 350usd for the damage. The whole equipement in the room does not have such a big value.

The stáff was friendly

Not enough lighting in room. Other than the bathroom light, only one other light worked. Very dark. Asked for a 4am wake up call! Didn’t Happen!

Bathroom and bed!

I had a deal for the room so I paid a reduced price. The room and amenities were very basic and were depicted as a little more lush in the pictures and description. For the price I paid it was ok, but if I paid full price I would have felt incredibly ripped off. It was basically a poorly finished (cheap tatty carpet and bad paint job) with very little cheap furniture, cheap scratchy towels and linens. The room looked so sparse you felt as though you were in a half furnished apartment

The shuttle was really easy and convenient. The staff were very helpful and friendly even at 2am. The bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Cannot comment as I was only there for a night.

The hotel staffs are friendly and it is very near to the airport. So it is really a good place for a layover for connecting flights like what I did.

• Premium Room with Two Double Beds High Floor

Hallways were dark and weird, smelled like pot smoke. The pictures online looked nice but totally duped me!

Pool area looked nice but nobody was hanging out there because it was located in an alley near the delivery zone

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy outside rooms and in corridor. Valet parking seems to be the ONLY option for parking due little or no FREE street parking....Cost of Valet is $35.00

• Deluxe Queen Room

Have stayed there twice recently and found there to be a lot of noisy people in adjacent rooms...Party groups. Also a heavy smell of marijuana in the elevators and corridors...Now LEGAL in California. Do NOT like the $35.00 Valet Parking...Little to NO free street parking close by...so NO choice but to use Valet.

Price for the room and location..Very close to LAX

Noise in the room, I absolutely heard everything that was happening next door, no adequate cafe in the hotel no information on what’s available in the hotel, nothing to snack in the room, bed is small, as well as bathroom. I had King Room, I excepted so much more comfort.

Nothing really, so very basic, this hole would not meet expectations of even a very ascetic traveller.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Found a hair on a towel and in the sink the day I arrived...

Good location, room size and staff (they were so nice and helpful) ! Also very comfortable bed.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location was good, close to the airport, as we had an early flight it was great, they have free shuttle to and from the airport. Room is comfy and clean, wifi is working good, there is supermarket next to it, and few restaurants.

The fact that they didn’t mention that you must have the full amount of money on your Credit card at checking to be able to book the room is terrifying. The service was horrible. Booking.com Said my credit card will not be charged and I can pay with cash. I didn’t have enough money on my card but I have the cash in full and I was never allowed to book the room. I had to sleep at the airport. If this information was clear I would have gotten another hotel. The guy at the front desk has the worst for of customer service ever. No remorse. I feel betrayed by Booking.com. My flight is basically 15 hours away and I didn’t plan to sleep inside the airport. Very embarrassing.

The distance from the airport and the shuttle driver customer service. That’s all was good about the Custom Hotel service.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Waited for the shuttle bus at the airport for over an hour but it never came so we had to request Uber. When I told the receptionist during while checking in they didn't seem to care and told me that I can to discuss with the shuttle services supervisor if I want!

The hotel is close to the airport and the room was clean

Perfect for the airport and close to Venice. Airport Shuttle is really hand, it is not at all noisy despite being close to the airport. There is a Ralph’s right next door and the rooms have a fridge to store perishables.

Rooms have no dresser for clothes, I had a great view through the filthy grime on the windows, ice machine on my floor was usually inoperative

Proximity to airport, bus, grocery, cleaners and restaurants is ideal.

• Deluxe Queen Room

the shower didn't seem clean, the sink didn't drain, the coffee was old and the carpets were rough and seemed dirty. the room itself was also very outdated minus the TV, there were cracks in the wall and rips in the carpet. Breakfast also was $14 a head and no complimentary coffee which one would think at the very least would be included

there was a full length mirror in the room

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were on the floor, practically. Hotel was filthy. NO amenities.

The manager did make a great effort, but the hotel was just too terrible for words.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was very old and out dated inside. The beds and pillows were uncomfortable. The bathtub was old and dirty. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I know.

Browse Custom Hotel traveller photo gallery