Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Baltimore West Security Blvd. 2 stars

1660 Whitehead Court, Baltimore, MD 21207, USA

#76 of 78 hotels in Baltimore

6.0

5.6

I didn't like that the first room I was in didn't have a phone, but they put me into another room when told them of the problem.

I like that the staff was friendly and accommodating. The room was clean. And even though there was a slight problem with my first room, they were able to set me up with a new room rather quickly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

first of all when i got there room was not ready, then i received call guy from the front desk saying if i am not back specific time he will terminate my resversation, had to cancel rest of my plans that night to claim my room, i could not get a cot in my room, they lost a cot, the room was filthy, not what i saw on the website, worse stay ever, everything was outdated except the tv, towels were not enough, way to small, bed was disgusting, i was thinking in sleeping in the bathroom or my car. also there was no continetal breakfast

nothing!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Need varieties at the breakfast.

Nice location. Bus stop at the corner. Shops and restaurants around. Mall is one block away. Very clean and comfortable. Have microwave, iron and refregirator. Helpful and friendly staff. Very good price.

The property was dirty and the bathroom had hair in the bathroom.

Nothing the staff was discussing. Staff did not know how to talk with me. The bathroom was dirty.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had some itch after waking up. I would assume there was some bug that bit me in my sleep. But I couldn't really point at the culprit.

The free breakfast was good, it was good to start the morning with good waffles.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Stayed for 3 days. Asked for more towels multiple times. 2 towels for 3 people for 3days. Went to get my own towels from housekeeping. They wouldnt let me have any. Cops constantly driving through parking lot. Possible drug use going on. The lady at breakfast wouldn't let me handle getting my own waffle out of waffle maker. Treating me like I was a kid. The Linens were dated and had holes in them. Absolute worst hotel of ever stayed in.

Room had a bad odor, had to buy our own plug in air freshener, left it there, had an old beat up lounge chair; hand prints on the headboard from previous sexual activity showed that the room had not been wiped down.....

Location; free wifi....

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Coffee maker had mold and coffee leftovers from the inside! So unprofessional. Three towels in the room of four. Poor breakfast. Smelly rooms.

Big rooms.

Cleanliness needs to be improved,room service is beyond changing towels & sheets. The rooms were not properly cleaned, dirty surfaces...

Location is central,staff friendly and helpful.

It said it was a non-smoking room, but somehow my clothes still smelled of smoke after my stay. (I don’t smoke.)

It was in a good location and easy to get to.

• Deluxe King Suite

The rooms could use an update

I had the King jacuzzi suite and the room was a nice size and very clean. The room could use an update but it was very clean. The hotel staff came in and cleaned in a timely manner.

I was unprepared for the stairs into the lobby office, however the night staff came out to the taxi with the necessary paperwork and the card into the room. The handicap shower could have used a tray to put toiletries on while showering. The refrigerator was not working properly.

The night staff were extra helpful, due to delays along my travel route I didn't arrive until nearly 5 am. I am disabled and the night manager came out to the taxi with my paperwork and the card for my room. The staff allowed me to check out late.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I love the location and the breakfast but my room could have been more tidy, and some of the staff a bit more personable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The shower could have been cleaned more because the soap dish spots were filthy where the lights were it was so dusty it was ridiculous and the ice machine was not working no we're in the hotel. The bathroom from hecto needs to be clean a better because this is not the first issue with it being Dusty and with the light area. They need to make sure the refrigerators are turned up at all times I had a problem with my drinks melted because the freezer was not on.

The TV was nice the bed was made nicely.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I seem to be the only one that needed a coupon. Nobody was asked but me while I was in the breakfast room.

The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was ok but no eggs.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I had asked for a nonsmoking room and got one my daughter couldn't even walk into. It smelled like an ashtray from outside the doorway. Though the front desk manager was willing to change the room for us, first we had to take all of our luggage back to the parking lot, load up the car, and drive back to the front desk. The room was cold. There were no directions on how to use the heater.

The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Found many ROACHES in my room. I never seen a roach so I thought it was a water bug till I saw and had to kill 3 more ... chain broken On door... nothing to stop cold air breezing threw the door crack ... toooooo many roaches

Staff and restaurant

The bathroom vent should have been cleaned better the curtains in the room had red spots on them. The bathroom soap bars were dirty had hair on them and we're very filthy. The mini fridge was not turned up so my drinks in the freezer melted which was very unsettling

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Carpeting in the room was old just need to update the rooms a little.

The breakfast room with the added waffles maker excellent and the lady in the breakfast room was very helpful and friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didnt have pillows there were sheets in pillowcases i got painful and itching bed bug bites room had an extremely foul odor there was a rat or mouse scrating all night in heater people smoked in non smoking rooms near me dressers were sticky and dirty i cldnt sleep it was horrific outside i saw infested mattreses on a truck u shdnt represent this hotel your reputation is beyond their misgivings they had the nerve to offermemore stays fora discount the propertyis old and needs renervation also not disability eqipped no ramps or elevators just horrible

Nothing.no hot breakfast no no frig no microwave

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bugs in my room. -> bed bugs. Hair in my clean towel. The smell of my room. Dirty room, shower, bed, etc. Breakfast wasn't good. Had to sleep with one eye open.

Friendly staff

• King Room - Smoking

Ghett0. My door did not lock. Carpet smelled like ass. And we almost got jumped by other guests. There was about 20 people in their room that came out when we got home trying to fight us

The staff was nice and helped us out a lot.

The room appeared clean at first glance, but upon further inspection it was quite gross. The bathroom looked like a pubic restroom and the floors were filthy, so the cleaning staff maybe changed the bed and that was it. In fact, when we were double checking to make sure we grabbed everything, we found a chicken bone in corner and a moldy baby's bottle under the bed. Disgusting!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room. Rug was dirty was afraid to walk on it with no shoes. Bed was old. Pillows were awful. They did not tell us about the breakfast when we checked in. We missed it our first day. And the pool is out of commission. We choose this hotel because of having a pool. They needed to say pool was not working on booking.com. Will not stay here again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was not clean. The shower had dirt & soap residue in the soap holders. The fixtures were very worn. The furniture was sticky. The pool was closed.

The shower water was nice & hot. The bed linens were clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

pool closed with no alternative for guest/ the only food for breakfast was sliced bread and stale cereal . no area for lounging.

coffee was good housekeeping staff were good

This facility had none of the amenities that was advertised on the website. The accommodations were nonexistent and the price was too high for the room.

Nothing, and it made this website questionable.

• King Room - Smoking

NothingNothing the staff busted in the room in the morning the bathroom was filthy rusty drains in bathroom burns on blankets and carpets destroyed nightstand tables etc

Nothing a big disappointment

Warning !!!! Don't stay in this place if you have wife or kids, staff is fraud and sex offenders, group of staff sitting next to the reception was staring at my wife and making comments in foreign language, staff doesn't speak English, from the start they were so rude, didn't want to give us room because My booking.com was connected to my Facebook, what the hell !!!!!!!! what kind of excuse is that, they wanted us to call the booking.com and change our account, I explained them we are tired as hell after the road trip and are not from the usa still no sign of any kind of help. I will advice to fellow travellers please find another place .

Leaving this place

• King Room - Smoking

That they have fridge, microwave ,love the ironing board and iron of course, I forgot my blow dryer but they had one. It felt very cozy.. it even has a pool. Alot of good food near by. It felt very comfortable staying at days inn. And the staff beautiful and friendly very helpful people.I have stayed in other hotel's, motels around and paid the same and with days inn i get so much more. They were always booked. I am happy that I got the opportunity of staying there. I am very picky where I lay my head at.

Pool was closed. Rooms were dated and was very noisy. Didn't get any sleep due to lights on outside all night and people going in and out and talking loud all night outside our door. Didn't feel safe at all.

Nothing. Worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

What was there to like? It is a place where I would never go again and would not recommend it to anyone.

I was pretty awful. I thought I was in a third world nation. The place was filthy. The service was unbelievable-bad. The breakfast of dried toast, no pan cakes,no orange juice, no eggs, just instant oatmeal. I stayed at a Days Inn in Frederick, MD the month before this trip and it was wonderful. I was shocked about how terrible this Days Inn in Baltimore turned out to be. It was horrible. They need to close it.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was dirty, shower was not cleaned from last occupant. Used soap and shampoo bottles, pool was drained and unusable, staff was pushy and indifferent. No breakfast. Deadbolt on door wouldn't lock. Sketchy people hanging around outside.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was fine but shabby...could use some cosmetic work

For our purposes, it was fine...We just needed one night somewhere and for the price, it fit our needs

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not adequately cleaned; the floor and baseboards were extremely dusty and the bed sheets had holes. Thankfully, I brought blankets for my kids to use instead. Also, we were not notified that the pool was not working until we arrived at the facility and were unable to cancel the reservation. I had called previously to our stay and asked about the pool and was not informed that it was out of order. Also, the breakfast room had cereal, bread, and warm milk (milk that had been left out for a long time). This was unacceptable so we left to purchase breakfast elsewhere. We had stayed at other Days Inn before and had a much better experience than staying at this location.

Parking was included.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

i did not like the fact that there wasnt any fridge or microwave in the room. there was no water in the pool. and the breakfast was cheap.

nothing much.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty, smelly rip off. If I could give it zero stars, I would. The smell of mold punishes you in the face as soon as you walk in the door. The room was dirty. The towels smelled of old bleach. The pool was out of commission, despite advertising as having a pool. Looking back on other reviews, it's been out of commission since 2016. The continental breakfast consisted of toast, cereal, an old apple, and 2% milk. STAY AWAY!

It had a roof.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was old and dirty stained walls and stained carpets. Carpets were dirty. Bedspreads were old. Didn't even get into the bed. Laid out towels and slept on top of the towels. The "housekeeping department and "knocked on my door when we first arrive in try to hand us a bottle of for breeze air freshener. That was quite concerning. Maybe they just cover up the smell's instead of clean them?

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact when we asked them to re clean the bathroom in our room they fought us aboit it.they stated we have the best cleaning staff there is no problem. So an argument broke out between us and one of the managers because they almost refused to clean the bathroom. After making the comment we want our refund, they rolled their eyes and finally complied to re clean our entire room.

• King Room - Smoking

The room had bugs in it customer service was horrible I cut the sink on it all the water came through the bottom of the vanity

I didn't like anything about it.it was horrible I will be contacting cooperate

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Noisy, found apple seed on the carpet, and the shower is mislabeled which makes it initially confusing to use.

It's a bed and a shower, for a good price. If there was a breakfast to be had, nobody told me about it. Road noise and sounds from other guests osnhigh but to be expected for the price and location. Good water pressure, the heat and AC work well, comfortable beds, nobody bothers a woman traveling alone, and there is a gas station, coffee shop, and major highway close by- it's totally serviceable if you need an economic choice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was dirty, found a used towel hung up over the shower rack. The sheets had dark stains. The area surrounding was pretty rough.

Price was cheap but you get what you pay for.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The area wasn't good. From the outside you would think this is where people go to get set up. The wifi wasn't good were we was located either. The breakfast consists of 2 types of cereal, toast and drinks(Coffee, OJ and apple juice).

The room look nice and they had cable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

To whom it may concern, I would like to express my total disgust and disappointment with the days inn west Baltimore booking that I completed using your website. The pictures and description provided by your site are utterly deceiving. Upon arriving to the hotels parking lot, there was a man escorting women to and from the building in what was clearly an escort service. Once in the lobby, there was bullet proof glass spanning the front desk which left us with a feeling of fear. The rooms were disgusting and impossible to stay in. The sheets and blanket wreaked of smoke, were old and stained. Roaches were in the room. Pubic hair in the soap dish and the bathroom clearly had not been cleaned. These conditions were simply disgusting and made it impossible to stay the night. When attempting a refund the manager simply stated no refunds. I highly suggest you remove this hotel from your website as it is not an establishment you should be promoting. This is not a safe place for families and travelers, it appears to be a front for criminal activities.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front Desk associate Sam. Told employees to leave since they didn't have the credit card that was used to book reservations. When spoken to on the phone he yelled and was very disrespectful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

While booking I was asked what time I would arrive. I saw on the website it was a 24 hour check in time. That is partly why I booked this particular place. When I arrived I was told check in was at 3pm. I tried to explain what I saw and the gentleman did not care to much. I was then charged more money for the day I arrived plus what the cost of the room. I then was able to go to the room. But the keys to them room were not activated I had to go back and have him redo the keys. After that only one key worked to rest of the trip.

The breakfast was an apple, toast and cereal. The bed was advertised as a king but was clearly a queen or full. I have a king sized bed. The room was dirty and it smelled. I used a whole can of air freshener trying to get the smell out. It was very out dated. The dressers were wood and scratched. There weren't any light covers in the bathroom. The floor probably wasn't vacuumed, someone else's SIM card was on the floor. The bed was too soft and would sink in. The pillows were tiny. The headboard was nailed to the wall and not attached to the bed. The tv had a line on the screen. The wifi did not work in my room.

Price

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was old and smelled of urine and housekeeping dropped the roll of toilet paper in water, let it dry and placed it on the roll. My friend pushed the chair in front of the door. And when she called the front desk for something, the tone of the voice made her feel uncomfortable as though she did something wrong. Manager later apologized but too late. We did not stay the second night.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pictures on the website were very misleading!!! My room was disgusting and reeked of smoked. Drug activity two doors down from mines. I checked in at 5pm and checked out at 8pm. Do to the room being in such poor condition. This hotel should be avoided with all means and shut down!!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The hotel was not very clean , the staff seemed annoyed when asked to has changes made and the breakfast was less then expected. It was just a bad hotel .

Didn't really like much , the pictures online where nothing like the pictures of the actual location. I liked check out time.

• King Room - Smoking

Everything , the shower was broke , the room was cold they didn't give us a free breakfast , somebody had a party all night I will never stay there again

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

The check in staff was so incredibly rude I could not believe it. If there were ANY other option other than driving around aimlessly looking for a hotel in the middle of the night with my 3 year old, I would have walked right out. I cannot believe someone can treat people like that.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I don't consider myself a very picky person and was not expecting anything fancy but it definitely still let me down. The ad says its a hotel but it's actually a motel - you enter the rooms from outside. Which is not a problem, just not as advertised. We were given a non-smoking room and yet it still smelled like cigarettes and had cigarette burns in the sheets and blankets. Now I am a smoker so if I can smell cigarette smoke, that means something! There were only 2 towels available in the room and we requested more. The man at the desk said they didnt have anymore because his "laundry person" went home. There were plenty of unoccupied rooms which I assume had towels in them so not sure why this was an issue. He said he would call back but never did. We work up early and went out for the day and when we returned there were still no extra towels. We asked again and he said the same thing. After my friend got a little upset and explained that with more than one person we need more than two towels and that she really wanted to shower. Then magically some towels appeared with a bang on the door some 15 minutes later. The breakfast was underwhelming, but I only have second hand knowledge of that because I myself did not bother going. The rooms in the pictures definitely looked nicer and more modern than the room we were given, also not that big of a deal but definitely a little bit of a let down. It seems understaffed and in need of some improvements.

My hopes were not set very high but I was still let down. The best thing about this "hotel" was that the beds were made when we got back on our second night after being out all day, which is pretty standard but was the nicest thing about staying here. In all, it was not the worst at all and I am sure they are trying but I would probably not go back.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Toilet wasn't clean before we arrived had to clean it myself I RSVP queen beds we got two twin beds shower was broken water poured out faucet while we took a shower housekeeping was horrible it was no other vacancies at another hotel. I'll never stay at that hotel again.

The hotel was close to restaurants.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The appearance of the room. Looked like a one night stand room. Ironing board dirty, wallpaper coming down. Bedspreads out dated and old looking and the sheets had burn holes in them. One Lamp worked only when plugged in.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Mold in the shower and on the ceiling, unfinished light sockets in bathroom, low flow toilet that had trouble flushing, and someone else's hair was still in the fresh towels...

Bed was really comfortable, heater worked well, water was hot, door was secure, check in time was flexible, parking was free.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

We didn't have a phone in our room and,the floors still had party giffi left behind

the bed was comfortable nice size flat tv. the staff was great very friendly.location very good and the noise volume was low

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• King Room - Smoking

I Couldn't sleep comfortably due to witnessing a bedbug crawling across my arm and a roach across my nightstand next to the bed. I not only saw one bedbug I lifted my pillow and it was quite a few that scattered. Early the next morning I was brushing my teeth and a roach was crawling up the bathroom wall.It wasn't worth my $90.00 dollars at all.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

I didn't like that when we checked in a few minutes later the Exterminator just walked into the room the next morning a housekeeper just walked into my room

I like the fact that we weren't far from the mall you could walk out the hotel and take the bus to the mall there was a small Shopping Center across from the hotel and a few fast food restaurants and a restaurant

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Property was very dirty room was very old smelly tried to use vending machine put money in pushed pepsi a hot mountain dew came out no change went to office they said not their machine but on their propery kids running all aroung dirty in diapers stairway filty

Absolutely nothing property horrible

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• King Room - Smoking

Cockroaches, things breaking left and right, no hot water, no extra towels, carpet dirty, other peoples stuff under the bead, waited 30 min to check in

The only thing that was good was the bed was semi comfortable

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

I didn't like the fact that if you want to get the breakfast, they will give a ticket for it and it was the same with the pool. When I was already there a guy who was there told me that I need a ticket to be able to use the pool! I didn't like that part. I used this type of hotels before and I never get that since I'm already paying for everything. Also the guy from the lobby was supposed to tell me from the beginning! The only part I will say that I liked was that I was able to stay outside from the room in the boardwalk and nobody bothers me! That part was relaxing.

The bed was ok... Not really comfortable but I was able to sleep. I was tired.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms need to be upgraded. Breakfast was terrible nothing but coffee, cold cereal, toast . Please remember to ask will they be serving hot breakfast.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Nothing. The place was dirty,smelly and in great disrepair.The staff was borderline rude. The bed was uncomfortable with 2 small flat mini travel size pillows and when I asked for more they couldn't provide. The towels which were not enough for 2 guests were hard and stiff. Never again would I stay!!

Nothing. Advertised price was more and internet said free breakfast and there was None.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The hotel staff needs to keep the rooms in a better condition. The room and the sheets were not clean. The bath tub was not draining properly. The fire alarm kept buzzing because the battery was dead. Did not feel like calling someone that late night when i just wanted to relax after a long drive. The room was smelling foul.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was not made the comforter for one of the beds was in a ball on the chair that had burn holes in it. The pool was only open till 7 so we did not get to use it. There was a vending area with no vending machines.

The bed was comfy there was a fridge and microwave.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Crew not reading reservation will they check us 1100 for check out and The twin beds was too small they must mentioned the size early Brakefast was very poor

Area around motel was cleaned very will

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Card keys did not work. Night desk guy was disconcerting.

Exceedingly good tea for an American establishment. Room was clean, well-appointed, shower was bizarre but functional.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The refrigerator was nasty & microwave was to.The cover had make-up on it .The room need Dustin.

The man that work@ the front desk was nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The homeless people hanging around the hotel

Not to far from the city of Baltimore

Comfortable bed, Folgers coffee

Could of been cleaner

The staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was hard. Pool was not open for memorial weekend.

Desk for my computer work.

Nice and clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The manager refused to accept my payment with no valid reason had to return back home.

Browse Days Inn by Wyndham Baltimore West Security Blvd. traveller photo gallery