Reviews of Dana Hotel And Spa 4 stars

660 North State Street, River North, Chicago, IL 60654, USA

#52 of 146 hotels in Chicago

Great Botique Hotel
    • Comfy King Room

It’s a great Botique hotel. Very quiet with the exception of outside emergency vehicles, but that’s to be expected. It’s a great neighborhood and easy walking to many places.

Great Hotel.
    • Comfy King Room

Great location the rooms are nicely appointed. There are 3 restaurants on the property 1 being a rooftop bar. They also have a spa on the property although I have not visited due to lack of time. I will definitely return.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great stay in Chicago
    • Comfy King Room

Fantastic location close to the centre but in a quiter area with lovely coffee shops and restaurants around. Great design. Nice gym, complimentary wifi. Friendly staff.

Enjoyable
    • Comfy King Room

The noise from the street,lots of sirens and police activity that night. Also I don't like payment process,I will use credit card only not cash or debit card

View from the balcony was outstanding

The location was excellent.
    • Serene King Room

The decor of the rooms appears to date from the 90s. It did not bother us and it was not “tired” as such but there would be others who might comment that some modernisation is needed. The aircon was noisy.

The location was excellent. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. There was plenty of room in the room and the bed was extremely comfortable. The style of the restaurant was to our liking with an interesting menu and where the portions were not too large. For the quality of the food, it felt like good value for money.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Relaxing couple’s getaway!
    • Comfy King Room

Rooms are smalll but we didn’t need anything bigger so it didn’t bother us.

This hotel was the perfect place for my husband and I. Fully stocked bar in our room. Extremely helpful staff. The spa was amazing so I would recommend getting a spa treatment while there. The shower was perfect. Not a place for kids which was exactly what we were looking for, a getaway from our kids and everyone else’s :)

This was the 5th time I've stayed at the Dana and the...
    • Comfy King Room

This was the 5th time I've stayed at the Dana and the experience is consistent time over time. Rooms are spacious, location is convenient, staff is extremely friendly. Feels like home!

Overall, pleasant
    • Comfy King Room

The entire rooftop and bar were “reserved” at 8pm on a Friday night. No space for guests to have a drink. Shouldn’t allow more that 50% of public space to be reserved. We had to go to another hotel because ours didn’t have space for guests,☹️🤨

- room was cleaned up after 5 pm
    • Comfy King Room

- room was cleaned up after 5 pm - staff forgot to mention there was an hotel rooftop: when I’ve found that out (by googling “best rooftops in Chicago”) on my last night in Chicago, unfortunately it was weekly closure - staff could not anticipate me the receipt by 10 pm on Last night, forcing me to collect it in the very early morning the next day - on Last night staff refused to book me a taxi to the airport for next morning (5:30 am) forcing me to wake up even earlier to catch one

Nice stay, central to downtown life
    • Comfy King Room

It's a great hotel for guest who are single or looking to Party as it was pretty noisy throughout the night and the pillows were really soft

It was a great location 3 blocks away from Michigan ave and close to the center of downtown. The staff was super friendly, the rooms were stylish and had nice views of the downtown. If you want to be at the center of the party stay here.

You will enjoy your stay at the Dana Hotel!!!

The entrance elevator was a little funky. It didn't take you to the rooms.

Loved the Dana Hotel. The location was perfect! You could walk to a lot of attractions and restaurants. The bellboy, TJ, was so friendly and funny. The room was just right.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

This is a great hotel with good spa facilities, a cool...
    • Comfy King Room

This is a great hotel with good spa facilities, a cool rooftop bar and friendly and obliging staff. Close to everything we wanted to do-highly recommended.

location, location, location… services.
    • Comfy King Room

staff attitude could be better (guess that’s Chicago, but still….) I like receptionist looking to my eyes when I do the checking, call me old fashioned, but, still...

location, location, location… services. All in all, an outstanding property, well maintained, with valet parking, super comfy beds, with bar on site, top notch room facilities, with everything a modern traveller needs

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Terrific stay in River North, Chicago

A bit noisy

Concierge Tim Anderson was friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable and shower excellent. Staff was friendly. Location excellent! Spa massage was terrific. Great stay.

All in all I felt really good at this hotel and will recommend it and use it in the future
    • Comfy King Room

The breakfast voice were a bit too “complicated” for my taste and rather expensive

I really liked the location and the friendly staff. My room had all I needed and was quiet and cleaning was great.

New getaway spot!
    • Corner King Room

This place is amazing and everyone was extremely nice and professional. My partner enjoyed every moment of his birthday weekend and especially the spa!

Loved our stay at the Dana Hotel.

Loved our stay at the Dana Hotel. Traveled with family and booked three rooms. They put us all together on the same floor, which was wonderful. The floor-to-ceiling windows were a big plus for us. One person had a balcony. The room was much smaller but we all loved the view from the balcony. Staff was friendly, pleasant and always helpful. Location was perfect. Walking distance to so much. If we ever go back to Chicago, we won't hesitate to stay at the Dana.

Location was great for all of the restaurants and shopping.
    • Comfy King Room

Apogee bar upstairs on the 26th floor was not what we expected. Young girls working the hostess stand and serving drinks were very rude and wouldn’t give us the time of day. Left after we finally got a drink. Wasn’t happy being treated that way after spending 5 days at the hotel on a prime weekend and spending money at the hotel bars and spa.

Location was great for all of the restaurants and shopping. Front desk and door staff were excellent. Clean rooms.

Hotel is fantastic.
    • Comfy King Room

Air conditioning unit was a little loud in my room

Hotel is fantastic. Staff are very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are great, good size, clean and fully stocked. Location is great too

I loved everything, however the bathroom glass was...
    • Comfy King Room

See above, the glass wall, see right into shower, not good.

I loved everything, however the bathroom glass was inappropriate, very inappropriate. I had to use tape, and the Hollister to keep curtain closed from any openings. Then I took a shower with the lights off. Very uncomfortable. Staff was great, especially Tim and Javett at front desk.

Perfect stay in Chicago in a perfect hotel
    • Comfy King Room

The bathroom was so modern and different, but because it was so quirky the shower leaked tearribly all over the floor

The hotel was beautiful, centrally located with high class bedrooms with fantastic views

This hotel was located in one of the nicest spots in Chicago...

Everything was great.

This hotel was located in one of the nicest spots in Chicago - the Golden Triangle of Chicago. Plenty of restaurants near by and just a few blocks from the northern part of the Golden Mile which I think is the better section of the Golden Mile.

I can’t say anything good about this place because the poor...
    • Comfy King Room

I can’t say anything good about this place because the poor attitude and manners of the staff made the whole stay a chore. The rooms and location are great but service and staff are appalling. You can’t check in at 3, it was more like 6. They don’t call you to let you know the room is ready so you just have to keep lining up in the queue every hour to check. They talk to you like they are doing you a favour allowing you to stay there, which is obscene given the price to stay. Even at check out they won’t call or get you a taxi. They “don’t do that”. I arrived at 11:30 after an 8 hour flight and had to kill time until 6pm - the staff had no understanding that a friendly and polite service would have sugared the pill of a delayed check in. They have a busy rooftop bar, it’s cool, but be prepared to fight with drunken teenagers for a lift at all hours of the day and night. For the price, service here really falls down. Staff need to adjust their resting b*tch faces, look at customers when you talk to them, be transparent and helpful and learn some basic service skills.

Excellent stay with a fun, out of the ordinary atmosphere that was comfortable and welcoming.
    • Comfy King Room

Parking is very expensive with the hotel so we had to park around the corner at a public parking area. It actually worked out very well. It seems to me though with all hotels, not just the Dana Hotel, if you are paying to stay there parking should be provided.

We really liked the room and all the extras included. It was very well thought out. Our room was a corner room so it had a small balcony. The hotel is very quiet and well appointed. The staff are very helpful in finding your way around Chicago. We enjoyed our stay very much.

enjoyd the the room , but staff needs to be trained on customer service

Checking in staff horrible, checking in should be friendly and helpful with a smile, but this staff she was growling at me, never again i will visit this hotel.

Nice room and very comfy beds, location excellent.

Way overpriced. Will never stay here again.
    • Comfy King Room

No a/c in the hallways/ common areas of the hotel. The elevators took forever (20 min to get downstairs!!). My bathroom made a loud hissing noise that woke me up every four hours. The light when you first walked into my room didn’t work.

3 night stay in June
    • Comfy King Room

Valet parking not included with room. Rooftop bar not open for most our stay.

Incredibly helpful doormen. Superb location. Nice room amenities. Early check-in was no problem

The shower door didn't seal properly hence water was all...
    • Comfy King Room

The shower door didn't seal properly hence water was all over the bathroom. There was a cloth curtain separating the shower stall from the bedroom compromising privacy. The ceiling was rough cement, very unappealing. I expected better based on the publicity pictures.

great Chicago stay

nothing not to like

great location just off the magnificent mile also great location for getting on the high way big room comfortable bed friendly staff good restaurant and bar on site

Dana hotel
    • Comfy King Room

There was no small refrigerator to store food. Only a bar frig. There was limited space to store clothes in drawers. It would have been nice to have a small microwave. These are the things I will definitely look for when I reserve a room next time.

The location was great! The staff was awesome! The bed was very comfortable!

Perfect location, amenities and dining!
    • Corner King Room

The mattress was uncomfortable, the sink stopper did not work and the room at night was extremely dark.

The hotel, staff and dining were excellent. We had massages at the Spa and all went very well!

The location and staff were excellent.
    • Corner King Room

Lots of windows to admire the view but also in the bathroom. Had to remember to pull the curtain for privacy while using the toilet.

The location and staff were excellent. The in-room honor bar was reasonably priced. The view from the suite was spectacular. The bellman with the beard was fantastic - always smiling, pleasant and very helpful with suggestions as to places to go and how to get there. He was our favorite staff member.

Great location, amazing views from the corner king rooms...
    • Corner King Room

During our stay in late May the hotel was uncomfortably hot. Basically everywhere outside our room was probably 80+ degrees. This made dinner at the restaurant uncomfortable and made the couples massage at the spa very NOT relaxing.

Great location, amazing views from the corner king rooms with their floor to ceiling windows, bathroom is stunning and using an iPad to order room service is VERY satisfying.

My first review. Not to complain, but to provide information.
    • Comfy King Room

The room had a balcony. We were very excited about it but then we realized that the lock is broken and anyone can enter from outside. I know nobody would break in but it makes me uncomfortable. So I contacted the front desk and the stuff sent a mechanic to our room but he cannot fix it. So I asked for a room change but in the new room same problem exits. This time the mechanic did great and he fixed it. The majority of the stuff here are nice except the lady who was handling our room change at that time. She had an attitude but that's not the problem. The problem is that she insisted that the door can be locked which made our communication extremely hard. If any stuff is reading my review, please check the doors of the balconies. The room is clean. But there are ants near out balcony. A few minutes before we checked out we smelled someone was smoking on the balcony.

The location is not bad. The stuff who handled our luggage was very helpful. The price (around $200) is reasonable.

The location was great and overall the staff was friendly...
    • Comfy King Room

Unfortunately our room got warm especially in the night because they were having issues with the air conditioning in other parts of the hotel. The spa was mediocre.

The location was great and overall the staff was friendly and quick to help. The view was nice from our room and the rainhead shower head was great.

The corner room with the wall to wall windows was fantastic!
    • Corner King Room

The corner room with the wall to wall windows was fantastic! Even though we were only on the 8th floor, the view was just amazing. The room was comfortable and cool, which was perfect for the hot, sunny days we experienced. The hotel is walking distance to everything and the restaurants surrounding the hotel were delicious. I would highly recommend this hotel!

It's not a bad hotel, for the price I expected better.
    • Comfy King Room

The rooms are very small, the shower door wouldn't close so water got everywhere. Our a/c quit working and it got very warm in our room. It took a visit to the front desk and 2 phone calls to get someone to help. Both days we didnt have hot water, but that was fixed. The hallways were stifling hot, there was no air movement.

The rainshower shower was amazing. The city view from our room was incredible! Check in and out was very easy and quick. The front desk didnt have much personality but the doorman made up for that!!

They didn't have hot water the whole time and no one...

Lack of hot water.

They didn't have hot water the whole time and no one helped me with it. Very disappointing. The massage was amazing though. I would go back for day trip to spa only, not over night

The only friendly person in the place was the doorman. Otherwise, staff bordered on being rude!
    • Serene King Room

Staff were not nice. The "block out blinds" had spaces between them, so not effective. The bathroom door (on rollers) wouldn't close and would roll open.

They had wine and beer in the room.

Excellent location, very well designed hotel and rooms, very...

I cannot complain...

Excellent location, very well designed hotel and rooms, very nice rooftop bar, nice people. The bathroom had an issue and the handy man came in literally 3 minutes and fixed it!

I booked at that hotel for the view.
    • Corner King Room

The check in process was awful and actually pretty embarrassing. They told me both of my cards declined and I was forced to use an ATM to pull money out to pay for the room. Both of my cards were charged. The woman was rude and didn’t even make eye contact. I had to pull up my accounts just to check in and that was after she had to speak to her manager for ten mins. I stay in the city a lot and I have never been treated so terrible.

I booked at that hotel for the view. It was my boyfriends birthday and he had never stayed in the city.

Small, hip, cool hotel in the city .
    • Corner King Room

It was very noisy from the street doesn’t feel like there is a double glazed windows.

Cool and functional room. Offers a personalized IPad in your room. iPod docking station. Comfy bed.

Family Mini Vaca for daughter’s engagement photos.
    • Comfy King Room

Shower In the room, door doesn’t keep water In and had to mop up every morning after showering. Bathroom door serves as closet door, how about putting up a curtain so when the bathroom door is closed everyone can’t see what’s in the closet. Also the glass shower window, light shows thru if someone is still sleeping it’s not very good to have all the light shine thru on them.

Location and convenient. Close to everything and lots close by to see, to eat and to shop.

Every person that worked there was very professional and...
    • Comfy King Room

Every person that worked there was very professional and extremely accommodating . Tim was so kind and funny! I didn’t have a bath tub and he found us a room with a tub. Sean and TJ were very helpful also. This is my first experience in a very long time that I can say everyone was so helpful . This place deserves more than a 10. I will be back!!!

The rooms!
    • Corner King Room

The valet was a pain to get to- not a very big or obvious loading zone.

The rooms!!!! Stayed in a corner king. It was absolutely beautiful. And the staff was beyond friendly. And the mini bar in the room was not overly expensive!

The comfortable room and bed.
    • Comfy King Room

The door of the shower has a problem and I had trouble not to inundate the bathroom. A smile does not cost a lot, but it makes you feel welcome when you check-in. Handling with foreign customers does also mean to speak clearly and in an audible way.

The comfortable room and bed. The service in the restaurant on the ground floor.

You could probably find a better hotel for less money [nearer the Bean].
    • Comfy King Room

It's to be a boutique hotel with exposed concrete ceilings. Our room was on the small side with a window from the bedroom to the shower. It has a trendy rooftop bar which we could hear from our room. You take 1 elevator to the lobby and another to the rooms. Only 1 operates when the rooftop bar is open. Several restaurants/bars within a few blocks walk.

A modern 'boutique'hotel on State Street, 3 blocks from the subway. Our room had a small balcony.

Great for a couples get- away - great location for shops and restaurants and just walking around
    • Comfy King Room

Needs more light in the room - lights were dim and only one big door to patio. Also could use a few more plug in for e-readers and tablets.

Excellent location, friendly helpful staff

Beautiful, comfortable and clean.
    • Comfy King Room

Beautiful, comfortable and clean. Fantastic staff and amazing location. Couldn't have chosen a better option in my book. Will definitely stay again.

Amazing room with great view
    • Comfy King Room

Reception staff wasn't very friendly.

Spacious room, very clean. Great shower and other amenities. Loved the balcony - great view of the city. Perfect location.

Great location, excellent restaurant, great staff.
    • Serene King Room

The rooftop bar was disappointing. We went for sunset, but the room is oriented east, strange. Most of the seats were reserved, even though the place was almost empty.The staff was great, but we left without ordering anything.

The restaurant was a great surprise. Unique and excellent menu. The craft cocktails were amazing.

Dana Hotel far exceeded my wife and I's expectation.
    • Comfy King Room

Dana Hotel far exceeded my wife and I's expectation. Location is perfect and price is very reasonable. Also, Apogee Lounge is a really cool, different bar with fantastic drinks. Overall, would highly recommend and plan to be back!

They provided real comfort and support during a stressful time.

Nothing comes to mind.

The bed was excellent, the staff were amazing, helpful and good-tempered. Nothing was too much for them, large or small. Small: I needed an eraser, which they had to scramble around to find.

• Comfy King Room

Housekeeping is inconsistent. Some days we get the room well cleaned and prepared but there were days when you know the floor hasn't been vacuumed.

It was a great experience!

I wish the facility had a pool.

The staff were very nice and accommodating. The Morning/Afternoon doorman was excellent. He provided us with suggestions when we were unsure of where we wanted to go :).

Spa does not include a sauna - it was a real disappointment.

Spa does not include a sauna - it was a real disappointment. I actually chose the hotel , hoping for a sauna, especially because the weather was really cold in April

perfect weekend
    • Comfy King Room

The initial smell from either the restaurant or whatever is used to clean the hotel when you walk into the lobby wasn't very pleasant.

The location was prefect

We very much enjoyed our stay and would stay at the Dana Sp hotel again

Our toilet stopped working mid night so we had to use the restroom in main lobby until the following morning which wasn’t ideal but they did fix it quickly the next morning.

Overall atmosphere was great, location is prime and beds are comfortable.

Very pleasant experience
    • Comfy King Room

Lighting in the room is a bit limited.More flexible lamps would be desirable.

The decor style, and the friendly service. The restaurant offers interesting fusion cuisine. At very reasonable prices.

Great location and first class service!
    • Comfy King Room

My husband and I were thrilled with the service provided at Dana Hotel. When our cab pulled up to the hotel, the doorman was at the trunk retrieving our bags before we even opened the door! Check-in was smooth and the person helping us explained everything very well. The room was a little small but it was just the two of us so it worked out well. There was a balcony in our room and we had a wonderful view to go along with it! The location was great, as we were able to walk to multiple restaurants, stores and entertainment options. Cabs are readily available and the doorman will assist with flagging one if needed. We had a first class experience and will be returning!

The staff were very friendly and accommodating, the room was...
    • Comfy King Room

The entrance was a little hard to find. It’s right on the corner of State and Erie.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating, the room was clearly thoughtfully designed with guests’ needs in mind. The room was comfortable and very clean, the sheets were super soft and I appreciated the double-layered blinds for either privacy or keeping light out as-needed. The lobby and my room were beautiful.

Wonderfully unique
    • Comfy King Room

The housekeeper gave us an incorrect check-out time when she knocked in the morning. We could've stayed in our room an extra hour!

This hotel is amazing. We loved the balcony with eagle-eye city views - and the floor to ceiling windows. The bathroom was unique with a glass wall shower. The room was perfectly cozy. The staff was genuine and helpful. Parking was simple - we found street parking right next to the property. Will definitely go back - soon.

It was ok and right in the middle of everything.

I did not like the flashing broken light that one made me feel like the targeted room because my room stood out. Two, this kept me from sleeping because it was scary as I kept thinking I heard someone at the door. I mean so annoying and there was no number to call for supports. The whole parking situation was way overrated too.

The bed was very comfortable and the floor to ceiling windows were way cool. I felt like I was going to fall and in a weird way that was cool.

Could not i’ve been more pleased with my stay… Everything was perfect for my 50th birthday!
    • Comfy King Room

Was upgraded to a 25th floor suite and it was absolutely perfect!!! However, I’d add one thing: a floor length mirror behind a door or in bathroom !

The beds were so comfortable and towels were the thickest...
    • Comfy King Room

outside signage was hard to see - when driver stopped in front there was a question if it was the right place - but that was the ONLY thing that could have been improved

The beds were so comfortable and towels were the thickest best quality nice robes as well - WiFi was easy access always and fast The doorman out front always with a smile and personal greeting was a pleasure!!!!!!!!

Great location, clean, had everything we needed including...

The champagne at the hotel bar was $25/glass (tax and tip included). Drink it in the room!

Great location, clean, had everything we needed including champagne in the mini bar.

Absolutely lovely hotel! Great location, friendly and very helpful staff.
    • Comfy King Room

The bed was SO comfy!! The room was small, but very well designed so it didn’t feel cramped at all. Well stocked mini bar, iron and board. The slippers dressing gown were a nice touch and there were plenty of towels in the bathroom. Overall we had a great stay at the Dana and would highly recommend it!

Relaxing and welcoming.
    • Comfy King Room

The sides in the restaurant were not great. That could use some improvement.

Staff was excellent. The room was fabulous I would definitely make a return visit.

Amazing
    • Serene King Room

The kitchen there is so good. Especially when I want to eat somthing at night, I can order something via hotel's ipad there. And the location is so good that very close to most of the beauty spots. Alway can see the police around there to make me feel so safe.

Pillows were perfect, rooms are spacious, convenient...
    • Serene King Room

Pillows were perfect, rooms are spacious, convenient location, dog friendly, lovely staff, and multiple food and beverage options in the hotel and within a block away.

Wow speechless. Will do it again.
    • Comfy King Room

Honestly i cant think of anything wrong. Even the person at the dron holding the door were amazing and courteous.

Awesome definetly in their own lane. Classy and taste of the future. I love the corner room with the balcony! Awesome views. Will definetly spread the word.

• Comfy King Room

Friendly service by everyone.Loved our room.Staff helped us with any questions about recommendations where to go and things that were going on in the area. Thank you for the royal treatment. We will be back soon.

It made me happy to be in an aesthetically pleasing place.
    • Corner King Room

Entrance and exit is tight so always a bit awkward. Front desk folks weren't very warm or smiley.

View from room. Wood floors...design. The Valet service guy was awesome.

Great staff and awesome location!
    • Comfy King Room

No complaints on our visit

Employees were very friendly from the moment we arrived. Concierge was so helpful with directions and letting us know where to go. Stayed in a comfy King room. Balcony with great view of city!

Everything was excellent except for something mostly beyond the hotel's control.
    • Serene King Room

The only issue: a couple engaged in a loud fight in the middle of the night in the room next to mine. The first time I called down I was told someone would address the problem, but I had to call down a second time an hour later before someone came up (which they did, and then resolved the issue). It cost me some sleep, but I was more worried about what happened to the couple in the interim.

The room was beautiful and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were friendly and generous.