Reviews of Days Hotel by Wyndham Buffalo Airport 3 stars

4345 Genesee Street, Cheektowaga, NY 14225, USA

#15 of 21 hotels in Cheektowaga

The refrigerator didn't work and when we checked in at 6 pm they didn't have maintenance to fix it - They offered to move us but we would have to had to pack everything up to move and we were very tired - There were also a couple of lamps that the bulbs weren't working and the front desk didn't have any to replace them - Also, breakfast needs to be until 10:00 a.m. at least, or something should be available until 10:00, Danish or fruit would be okay

I loved the security features from outside the building, that you had to have a room key to get in anywhere except the front desk. We loved the check out time being Noon. We had an afternoon flight and that gave us more to relax and finish packing - The attached Bar & Grill was very convenient and the service and food very good. Available printer/computer very easy to use, I printed our gate passes out without a problem. Very great price for a very good place to stay - Highly recommend it!

The breakfast is good but the breakfast room is small and very crowded. The beds are not great and you may need more pillows. They are visually fluffy but the shrink like cotton balls when your head hits them. The sink in outside of the bathroom and very small.

The location is excellent as it is across the street from the airport. It is also very close to the mall and major road ways. One of the closest roadways brings you directly into downtown Buffalo in 10 minutes.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

they could put one or two more washing machine and dryer in the laundry area. I had to wait long for the other person to finish her laundry.

breakfast was great. shuttle service is good. they had a small laundry area.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

There was off and noise disturbing sleep. Bathroom fixtures need to be improved. Difficult to mix hot and cold water.Flow in WC was not smooth.

Location ,room size and bed size were great.Mattress was good.

Everything was dated and the sink was separate from the bathroom. I kept getting locked out of my room first the key cards stopped working, then the lock ran out of battery power.

Nothing stood out to like.

The service was great at both the front desk and restaurant. All the staff was so helpful and we never heard the planes coming or going even though we were right across from the airport. Will definitely stay here again when flying out of state.

Only recommendation is for sturdier plastic forks and knives at breakfast. Waffles were amazing but almost impossible to cut with flimsy, cheap plastic ware.

Very comfortable beds. Excellent breakfast.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Arrived at 1:30 am after 5 planes and 15 hours of flying, desparately needing rest. Housekeeping beats on door at 8:15 am woman states, "Just checking on my "due outs" Complained to management, they made excuses. 9 am they again beat on the door asking when we're leaving (check out is 11:30) As we are departing, They see us and shout down the hall, "Are you out?" Yikes! Train your staff people! Broken cabinet door housing fridge stuck open protruding into room, dirty bathroom.

Bed comfortable, breakfast adequate

I didn't like the sink outside the bathroom to brush my teeth. The breakfast was sloppy at 6am and the personnel was no where to be found. The waffles were good, but the waffle mix emptied quickly and no one refilled it. The hallway rugs could have been cleaned there were spots everywhere. The tub dripped in the bathroom and I reported it, but maintenance never came. There was a lot of water wasted and the toilet ran.

I liked the pool and Jacuzzi tub.

Breakfast starts to early and therefore ends too early in the morning.

Staff was just amazing (specially Rebecca and Jeanette). Everyone was willing to help and cover our needs. Room was clean and meet my expectations. Also the breakfast is very convenient due to the lack of options around. The Landing have good prices and good product. This hotel is 10 minutes away walking from the airport terminal! Also 10 minutes driving from Walden Galleria Mall and 40 minutes away from Niagara Falls.

Everything was perfect except that reservation made through booking.com was not registered in the hotel's system. Although, they gave us a room and accepted the price as per booking confirmation.

Very close to airport with free shuttle. Spacious room and comfy beds. Nice included breakfast with waffle maker, cornflakes, bread, eggs, juicea, fruits. Amazing value for the very reasonable price. Please note that we stayed only for overnight sleep while we transited to Niagara Falls in Canada in the morning. I would very much recommend to stay ovet in Buffalo for late night flights rather than driving directly to Niagara from the airport.

After a long day of travel, unpacking and settling in, one whole side of the bed was was damp, like someone sat on the bed while wearing a wet bathing suit. I only had three hours to sleep, so I slept on the couch. It made me think that the sheets were never changed. When I told the person when I checked out, his response was "I never heard that one before." What does that mean? Does he think I am lying?

Convenience to airport and the airport shuttle.

The hotel was swarming with children running and screaming till well over midnight. The supposed to be adult swim still had children in the pool and staff did nothing at all to get them out.

The pool and hot tub was very very nice. The room was comfortable.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Room fridge still had food in the fridge. Toilet was broke. We tried to call front desk several times no answer . When we arrived the front desk was very busy with only one girl on so not her fault.

Bed. Was comfey

My friend left her very expensive lululemon coat in hanging in the closet by accident. We went straight home from the hotel and called them. They said it wasn't there and the cleaning staff didn't see it. Sad that that's the answer we got as we know it was there. And I would never say that if there was a chance the coat could be anywhere else. Sad. What an expensive trip. Coat can be replaced but the memories of our experience can never be.

Was told the pool closed ay 10pm for kids no exceptions but I went down to order food at 10:30 and there were many kids. Our boys followed the rules but could have swam longer.

Great! They gave us a group rate due to our staying for a tournament and it was well worth it.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff there are so nice. I tried to print my bus ticket in the business centre but had some trouble with the printer. The handsome gentleman for the night shift provided great help. Many thanks to him.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Less early morning noise from the cleaning staff - not a big deal, but when you can sleep in, you can't.

Have stayed in the hotel many times - as always, great value. Beds are very comfortable, no complaints - would definitely recommend.

Our bathroom wasn’t clean, there was someone else’s hair on the bedding and floors, wallpaper was peeling, pillows were very lumpy, pool towels were stained 🤢

The breakfast room is basic and boring and every sound echos. The food and beverages were often lukewarm. It was difficult to even find a person working in the breakfast area to ask for anything.

The room was a good size and quiet even though the hotel is across from the airport. The sink space in the room is tiny. Good parking.

The shower/bathroom wall had mold on ceiling. I know it can be difficult to prevent. It should be wiped down. It took forever to get hot water and personally I didn’t like the shower head. I would recommend to also carry dryer sheets for the customers when they have to wash.

The location and amenities

Could have been cleaner. We also had an issue with the shower. Water would not turn off. When we called the front counter they said they didn't have anyone that could look at it at the moment so the water ran, hard, for about an hour. When the clerk (not maintenance) came up to the room, she had to hit it several times and said "yeah, sometimes it does that and gets stuck."

For the money..... the bed was comfortable, I felt safe and no bugs.

Broken furniture in room should be fixed before renting out again. Pool area needed more frequent cleaning and pick up.

Friendly staff, extremely accommodating to us. Beds comfortable, clean room, pool open late for adults only, that was nice. Very good breakfast! Close to airport. Will stay again when in area.

Night staff was very rude when calling for pickup at the airport. They kept hanging up. ( Maureen ) on the night desk. Our shuttle driver was very nice, but at that point, it was a big let down.

The 3am snow plow of the entire rear parking paired with the attitude from the staff at check in and check out.

We stayed there simply to get some sleep as we landed at midnight. Please note it did not snow that day...so the plowing coukd have been done at an earlier time than 3am. The plow went on for nearlt 3 hours...beeping, scraping, banging. We were all awake. I expressed it kindly to the manager and she simply said "it needs to be plowed".

Other guests were smoking weed and banging their room door as well as fighting in the hallway and the staff did nothing when i complained.

The room was clean

I didn't like the fact that the pool area wasn't clean. It closed at 12am, and opened again at 8am. The wife, and I was going to get into the pool, but towels was in the pool, and it was stuff all over the place, someone should of cleaned it. I told the front desk about it at 8:30am, and it still wasn't clean at 10:30am. Over all good place to stay. I said I wouldn't stay there again, but I would.

The breakfast was good, and it went from 4am-10am on Sunday. Also check out was at noon, and that was great.

We booked with the expectation that parking would be free while we were away on our trip. They would not honour the price that we booked with and had to pay a substantial amount more. The staff were rude when we explained how we booked and it was a "take it or leave it" attitude.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The airport shuttle does not arrive where shuttles from all other hotels arrive. The shuttle arrive at this separate spot which is not heated (young children suffer). You must stop and pick up where everyone else picks up.

The main floor reception area and leading down the halls was not as clean as I would have liked but keeping in mind that it was snowing out, the floors were wet.

The bed was very comfortable and in such close proximity of the Buffalo airport. There breakfast buffet breakfast included with the room begins nice and early ( 4 am) and that worked out perfect since my flight was for 5:30 am.

I originally booked two rooms with different names on each room. My friend got sick and couldn't join us for the swim meet, so I traveled with our four kids. I called at 1:00pm the day of my reservation and was told I could have adjoining rooms since I was the only adult traveling with four 11yr olds. I called again at 5:45pm to let them know we wouldn't be arriving by 6:00, and asked again about the adjoining rooms. They told me there weren't anymore available, that they don't guarantee them, and that there was no record of my call. BUT, that said I could have rooms next door to each other. Arrived at 7:45pm: no notes on my reservation, rooms next door weren't available, and the two desk clerks were not friendly/polite. They blamed me, saying I didn't let them know what I wanted on my original reservation (I did ask for adjoining rooms when I reserved, but they said that booking.com doesn't pass along that info). Then, after saying I didn't tell them what they wanted, they returned to the "wedon't guarantee rooms" excuse, and then they told me that they were too busy to add notes when I called...They ended up getting me into two rooms across the hall from each other, after I pointed out that I had four 11yr olds with me, but not without a lot of back and forth. One of the rooms had a pair of underwear on the floor behind the chair. Other than that, it was ok :)

Inexpensive, indoor pool, restaurant/bar in the lobby, comfy beds.

Toilet kept running, handle fell off of toilet when flushing, very noisy and loud late at night, floors in lobby were constantly WET from guests using pool and dripping everywhere. Breakfast was not very good

We like the location

There was no info in my room about the hotel (check in/our times, room service menu, etc.) At 12:30 AM, a woman in the next room began talking loudly on the phone, swearing and talking about inappropriate things. I could hear her conversation very clearly because the adjoining door provided no sound blockage. I called the front desk and no one answered. I walked down and waited a full minute for a young man to come to the desk to assist me.

Room was clean

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy people running from the pool into the snow and back again outside our bedroom window, had to complain 2 times to front desk to get it stopped.

The bed was comfortable, we had a business KING room with a small couch/daybed which was more comfortable watching tv than having to recline on the bed. Small coffee/tea maker in the room was great if you needed a cuppa before bed. Breakfast was so so...not really great, lacking in a lot of selection, and the eggs were OK. Water for Tea was lukewarm (you need boiling water to make tea) coffee was OK.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

I couldn't figure out how to turn the light on over the sink.

The bed and pillows were amazing. I will be buying similar products in the near future. I also appreciated having a love seat in my room. It felt very much like a home away from home.

Staff told me that they were sold out even though i had booked the reservation. Then they apparently found me. Breakfast had some missing key items. Waffle without syrup. Asked and no one listened.

Room was clean and beds were comfortable

Parking was lacking. Not enough parking for the guests. Vanity light was on a motion sensor which was defective. Could not turn off light, leaving light on ALL NIGHT!

Rate was affordable, location appropriate, staff friendly, room was clean.

Usually exceptionally quiet but this time we were on a floor with lots of kids so lots of door slamming. All quiet by 10😀

We stay every year clean comfortable great price shuttle on demand and contintenal breakfast starting at 4 am.

The room was a little dated and the AC was really loud at night, the carpet may need some cleaning, the breakfast quality could also be improved.

It's just across from the airport so the location is great, the shuttle is also really quick and convenient.

I have nothing to complain about.

It was a very rainy night, but nice and cozy and friendly inside. I was taken care of in a prompt and efficient way. My room was great. A good experience.

AS the above

The property appears to be well kept. The Bath room tub water was dripping through . The request for a roll away bed was OK but the mattress (even though it was brand new) was not acceptable and to expensive. The request for extra blankets was done so very with some attitude.

Rooms were more like a motel and safety was a concern as back door was always unlocked so anyone could enter. Even with discount value was not there.

Breakfast was okay but not great

The website was not very clear regarding a cost to leave my car at the hotel. It states "free parking" but that is only for the time you are staying the hotel and not for trip duration. Needs to be more clearer.

The check-in process was extremely easy, and everyone was friendly - which was very welcomed after a long day of exploring Niagara Falls and driving. I left at 3:30 AM, and they already had breakfast ready. They also had a shuttle, which I did not actually utilize, but seemed useful.

I did not like the lack of personality from the check-in staff member Maureen, did not even introduce herself. I was looking for the person I have spoken to over the phone and yet no one even new who I was talking about. However the person did manage to hear me and presented herself. I do not like that the sink is outside the bathroom, Very unsanitary.

The check-in staff Maureen was NOT welcoming at all. The room was very comfortable/cozy. The pool area was wonderful. I do not feel that it is an family driven hotel. More suited for adults due to the bar located downstairs. Overall I would recommended this location and would stay here again for a little get away. Staff member Kyra was an great person to talk with and assist, Because of her I did stay. When I needed to call after Jennifer C. was very helpful. The additional staff was very helpful and pleasant.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Great location, just across the road from the airport. Free airport shuttle provided as well as buffet breakfast. Only stayed for 1 night but had I stayed longer I would have taken advantage of the pool and workout room.

A bit more cleaner would be nice.

It was a great stay for an early morning flight. Close to the airport and the shuttle is quick. Had nothing spectacular, but nothing negative either. Would visit again

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Most of the staff were rude and put off when asked simple questions. When I checked in the lady at the desk let an already checked in guest interrupt me checking in to answer her questions. That is the first time I have seen a desk agent allow that to happen.

The bed and room were comfortable and the location was a plus.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was incredibly quiet. The bed was comfortable and I loved the pillows. The shuttle driver to the airport was friendly and the ride was quick.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The lift was near our room which was really noisy. So we asked to move and the new room was just as bad. Our son in another also heard the noise all night. We were also told someone walking back from airport to hotel one day was killed.

Breakfast available from 4am as we had an early flight.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We booked through Booking.com and we got our confirmation email. But once there the receptionist couldn't find any reservation under our names. Luckily the hotel was empty so she booked another room for us.In the end we have been charged twice the price that we got from Booking. The Tv unit in our room was covered in dust and some of the towels had yellow stains...disgusting. The only good things were the distance from the airport and the waffles for breakfast.

Waffels for breakfast

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Dirty no towels at pool (& didn’t bring any when asked) About 25 Kids unattended at pool & trashing the place. Room key had to be reactivaed every time I left the room

Close to airport

a little noisy

Nice hotel, very close to Buffalo international airport (5 minutes walking). Comfort large rooms also window isolation should be a bit better (you can hear the planes landing across the street). breakfast was OK and staff were very nice and willing to help.

The room still had trash under the sink. The toilet wasn't clean. There was something in the bed, we took a picture of it ultimately the room charge was reversed. Also they were having key issues and the desk clerk had to walk us to our room both when we checked in and then we faced a sign at 12:15 a.m. that said "we'll be right back" so we waited with 3 other groups 15 mins before he returned, checked them in then walked us all to our rooms. His key had trouble with our lock.

Pillows were like small cushions - never saw pillow that size before !!!! Man washing floor @ 8.40 am as we walked from lifts to breakfast . Patron could slip as floor wet

Size of room bed was comfortable Shuttle to airport

It was prefect as we had an early flight to catch the next morning but downtown was too far and didn't feel safe to visit.

It was close to the airport but too far from downtown Buffalo.

I didn’t like that you could get into the property without a key card. But it did come in handy when I left my card in the room when I went to my vehicle.

The bed was pretty comfortable and the continental breakfast was ok. Food selection was small but the hours it started was great (4a.m.- 10 a.m. weekend)

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff were not very professional or helpful, rooms need updating as very dated and safe does not work in every room.

Amazing location so close to airport with a free airport shuttle, rooms were very big with comparable large beds, nice restaurant downstairs to grab a small bite and drink.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We stayed at the start of our trip and paid 181.00 then we stayed at end of our trip and didnt go through booking and paid 100.00

Beds great,friendly staff,shuttle great

Pool was more for splashing than swimming. Gym was a bit tired.

Minimal noise from the road or airport. Bed was comfortable. Room was nice and everything worked as expected. Restaurant/bar was quite good although the menu was not extensive. Bus stop right outside the door for getting into town or off to Niagara falls.

No complaints

Room very comfortable, breakfast started very early and good choices, hostess watching over breakfast very friendly and helpful,paid a lot of attention to details to keep making breakfast look inviting to next guests

Pillows were small but seemed to be fine next morning; no neck pain.

Great little hotel for the money. Right across the street from the airport but quiet. Very convenient for a one night stay before flying home. Breakfast was very good and served 4:30 for early departures. There are great grocery stores nearby if you have a car, with home cooked meals that we stored in our hotel refrigerator and heated up in our microwave.

Mattress is not clean. I found large coffee stains on the lower bottom of the mattress. That was disgusting. Also you can hear trucks all the night.

Location is close to airport but you probably can find a lot of hotels in the area

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Had an early flight (6AM) A band of teenagers roamed the halls all night making noise and being disruptive. Made call to front desk to complain (along with others) with no satisfaction. The hotel should have called the police and booted them out. Total disregard for the patrons who were staying there. Very disappointing. Will not stay there again.

outside dirty, upon entrance lobby behind front desk garbage and paper on the floor. Had to see 2 rooms before found one acceptable. The old furniture in the room was old and bitten up, I told the girl I would not put this furniture in my garage. I was ready to walk-out but there was no phone number for your reservation slip, you rated this hotel very good , I would rated very poor. The hotel needs total renovation . I am upset at booking.com and will not book with your company again.

After having spent the previous night at the Lenox Hotel,on North Street, the Days Hotel was a delight. It was what a moderately priced hotel should be. Good location. Easy access to food and the little things like vending and ice machines as well as the fitness center were really appreciated.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We booked a room for 3 person and when we arrived the room was for 2 person with sofa. We had to prepare ourself the sofa because the staff didn't help us... UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! the bathroom was dirty and also the pool.

Where is located

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Carpet in room not real clean and carpet in hallway was very very dirty. Definitely should be replaced. wifi connection was not good, kept being knocked off - worthless. Almost in my mind to say you have wifi because when it doesn't work, you don't really have it. computer in hall way was just ok, but not that easy to use -- the mouse and pad were very sticky. No TV schedule in the room.

Bed was good, location was great with shuttle made it convenient. bathroom was very clean.

There was a family down the hall that was up late and yelling in the hall.

The location is convenient close to a lot. motel is always clean and staff is friendly.

Breakfast was not sufficient for all and was refilled late with not so good quality of the bread. The rooms don't have tea/water bottles.

I liked the waffle maker at breakfast

Would have been a little easier if the elevator was closer to the front desk. This is a very minor complaint.

It was awesome. Had EVERYTHING in the room you would want and was VERY reasonably priced. Breakfast included hot and cold items and was open earlier than most I have stayed at.

The Air conditioner leaked and the carpet was wet... The Ice machine room had a weird smell... AND the pillows are really small (like throw pillows)!

Good Parking. Attached restaurant. Tim Horton's next door. Pool area is small but nice.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

The house maid left dirty towels on the floor and didn't make up our bed one night. And another day we didn't have hot water. They fixed it and the next day we did. I went to the manager to simply express my concern and he discounted one of my days, which is better than nothing.

The hotel was close to the airport, and the staff was friendly.

Very expensive. Room had no pain light, instead lots of little ones you had to turn on each one by hand. Not a very professional Finnish at the rooms

Great location for the airport and had a free shuttle. Made sure of the pool as well.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It would be nice if the breakfast was not the same every morning.

Food was fine, The room was good, the pool and hot tub a big hit with my grandchildren.