Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham San Francisco International Airport W 2.3 stars

1550 El Camino Real, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA

#8 of 12 hotels in San Bruno

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff were really co-operative and helpful. One of the few motels on this three week trip which had a breakfast of more than just coffee. The airport transfer was easy, just ring. When we checked out they let us leave our bags and come back in the afternoon and take the shuttle to the airport. Excellent

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Elevator was broken I did not travel with a partner but with my wife. They gave me a smaller room than I booked then charged me more when they gave me the size room I booked. This is switch and bait. I still your help to correct the over charges

We were looking for a hotel near the airport because we had a very early flight. This met our needs. They have a shuttle service to the airport. It takes 30 minutes, but I doubt that there is anything much closer without a huge hike in price. No breakfast reayd at 4am, but there was coffee and a fridge packed with yougurt.

Shower was not good as the shower head was huuuge! Fittings in bathroom looked outdated. No wastebasket by the sink just a small trash can hidden behind toilet!! Coffee maker in room but no pot - what?!!! and couldn't make even a cup of coffee before my early morning flight

Good sized room clean and comfortable. Fluffy soft bath towel

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The office staff was nowhere to be found when we first arrived, and there was no bell to get their attention. He showed up about 5 minutes later, so not too bad. The room was a bit smaller than I expected, we barely fit the PAC-n-play between the bed and the desk.

The location was perfect. We were attending a SF Giants game, and it was close enough to the game without the crazy price of staying downtown. There was parking off-street, which is amazing in the bay area. Would definitely stay again.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Quite expensive. Walls were banged up and the bathroom was dirty. Poor breakfast in the morning. Airport shuttle was unreliable and had long waits even when called. Not many restaurants around hotel.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The shuttle bus from the airport took over 40 minutes to arrive and when it did arrive the driver was rude and had a bad attitude. Also the bedroom door didn’t fit the hole so light and noise flooded the room. Also the fridge in the room was really noisy

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was incredibly rude and non responsive to complaints. I could not get the shower to work. The knob would not raise. Reported it early in the morning. Came back afternoon and the clerk knew nothing about my issues. Facial tissues on the counter were wet. When I first reported the situation, the clerk at the counter acted like he had no clue what I was saying. Top sheet on the bed was grayish. Bottom sheet was white so it really stood out. Advertised waffles: no batter.

The only thing I liked about this location was the location.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Night concierge wasn’t helpful..... there was no shuttle from airport.... ended up spending 15$ on an Uber after waiting over an hour.... bathroom dirty and falling apart. Not worth 5$ a night let alone $200....#neveragain

Raisin Bran

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing jumped out at us as being a big problem, but we were only there for one night and arrived late!

This met our expectations. It is nothing glamorous obviously, but it was a comfortable room to stay in for one night, with a good and on-time shuttle service to the airport. The man who checked us in was very friendly and helpful getting us signed up for the shuttle. No real complaints! Would stay here again.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff didn't guide me to take the elevator and I was going to climb the stairs with 3 suitcases, anothet guest looking me lost had to told me where was the elevator and helped me with my luggages

Is clean and close to the aiport

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Only 3 pillows on each bed and the beds were too soft. I could have asked for more pillows but didnt check in till midnight and was toooo tired. But the beds were to soft, bad for me but goid for others

It was clean the facility was really nice

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was not clean, bed sheets were soiled. On top of that, the room has cigarette smell in room. Since we were staying just one night and were tired, we did not want to ask a change of room. Room was pretty costly too for just a night stay. However overall very unpleasant experience.

This was very near to airport and comfortably near to start my day for roaming around in SFO. Staff at reception were okay as well.

The lighting in both the bedroom and bathroom was poor, one lamp was broken another needed a light bulb. Even if those 2 lamps were working it would not have been enough light. There was only one bed-side night stand and one easy chair. The bedroom was very large, enough space to place a 2nd chair. The amount of furniture gave a feeling of it being a room for only one person. For the people arriving on a late night flight, have to scramble to get to breakfast long before 9:00am as the majority of the food will be gone.

The bed was very comfortable, the room quite. The room temperature was adjustable. and quite. There were plenty of soft towels. Both bathroom and bedroom were very spacious. The breakfast selection was large and tasty.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

There was a woman screaming very loud at 2am because there was sexual activities going on. First time ever in all the hotel I have ever stayed at that I heard that kind of stuff going on.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel did not meet my expectations, the room was tired and old, lights not working and a general dirty smell..... Also, the guy on reception when I checked in confirmed a taxi for me, but not with the taxi company. Had it not been for 'Dev' who sorted out the issue I would have missed my flight..!! NOT HAPPY..!!

Nothing..!!

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I checked in 1/22/18 at about 5pm. The gentleman at the desk was super. Very polite, professional, and extremely helpful. Recommended places to eat and assisted in getting my food order corrected when it wasn't correct. He is a true asset to your facility .

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Guests of nearby rooms were very noisy

Comfortable bed, nice room. The hotel is pretty close to SFO international airport (10 minutes by car) and the milbrae bart Station (5 minutes by car). There are also a lot of restaurants nearby!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel as a whole is good. However, the hardware is old, and the room smells bad. Maybe different people have different olio things over the smell. But this smell cannot make my believe that the room is clean. For the staff, they are very nice. They treat foreigners like me as local people. They also help me tackle a very hard problem about the payment issue.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Someone busted in my room at midnight that scared the heck out of me and apparently the room was overbooked then when I mentioned it to the front desk guy morning he just looked at me with no apology etc. The breakfast lady was one hour late and extremely rude!!

Room was comfortable, clean towels, clean bathroom etc.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Difficulty in parking underground when large trucks are parked.Very good location, very clean, coueteous staff, and good security

Courtesey and prompt attention.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Wifi simply doesn’t work in my room but it worked in front desk and near center area. I wish this inn has full area coverage wifi service for other customer.

Shuttle service and location were good

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Nik at the front desk was a total jerk!!! Rude, unhelpful, didn't care, awful awful awful person. Airport transfer didn't happen. Nik lied about it on the phone, offered no help or ability to figure out how to get it. Total scam. Nik was AWFUL!!!! Ruined the stay. Will not come back because of this employee.

Hotel was fine breakfast was good.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I can’t think of a single thing that could be improved upon. Our stay was wonderful.

Staff was excellent. Room had been recently refurbished. Excellent location to airport.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

I booked a King bed room and was placed in a room with two full sized beds that was super small and awkward.

Breakfast was nice, and being able to checkin late when my plane landed was nice.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

After I called the hotel to be picked up it took at least an hour for the van to come. This to me was unacceptable. You advertise that pickup and dropoff is free, but this is unacceptable. Very, very disappointed. The person at the front desk should have at least said it would be an hr. and then I could have taken a taxi. Again totally unacceptable.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There is a coffee maker but the flask/bottle is missing and there is no complimentary drinking water

The bed is comfortable with clean linens and fluffy pillows.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

A little bit unsafe feeling parking in the back. The second day there were no spaces available in the back, so I parked right out front. That actually worked out a lot better for safety etc.

I liked that its a clean no nonsense place to stay. All the workers I encountered were very friendly and helpful. Also appreciated having the small refrigerator and microwave oven in my room.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There were two very terrible things about this experience. I have never complained about a hotel before, and I've stayed in many. The first was the hotel airport shuttle pickup, which we waited for for almost an hour. This I could let go but the shuttle driver was EXTREMELY rude and offensive. He asked passengers to carry their own luggage into the shuttle and complained about having to put my larger load into the back and had other sarcastic or rude comments throughout the trip. When he was unloading the luggage I kindly said thanks for each bag, to which he said "don't say thanks to me it isn't polite. It doesn't sound grateful enough. Can you say thank you?" When I didn't response because I was so shocked he repeated again "Can you say thank you?" While it was explained that the shuttle was a contracted third party used by multiple hotels, this was still a terrible impression after a long flight at 11pm. Additionally, the hotel bathtub clearly hadn't been cleaned as it had many small hairs in it.

Wait for shuttle from airport - had to call twice to chase up. Also shuttle frequency was only once per hour when leaving next morning Very noisy people in room two doors down

God size room and excellent Wi fi

We had to wait 45 min for the shuttle bus to get back to the airport even though we have made a reservation for it a day in advance, so plan enough time there. Internet was not good and kept disappearing.

Finding a shuttle at the airport was very easy and 15min after we left the terminal we already arrived to the hotel. The room we stayed at was renovated. Microwave and loud fridge available in the room.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The front desk staff had difficulty understanding and speaking English. Took over 1 hour for the Airport shuttle to arrive at the Airport even though it is only a 15 minute drive to the hotel. The driver seemed more interested in talking about his studies and philosophy than concentrating on driving. The driver in the morning was much, much better. Only a small box of kleenex that was under the bathroom sink and no extra roll of toilet paper could be found. The continental breakfast was mediocre. A Waffle maker but no cup to measure waffle mix, syrup could not be found. Coffee was so so. There are not very many restaurants within walking distance. In the morning an older woman fell when leaving the hotel and the front desk person did little to assist.

The room was very good. Clean with a very good bed. Only a small box of kleenex that was under the bathroom sink and no extra roll of toilet paper could be found. The continental breakfast was mediocre. A Waffle maker but no cup to measure waffle mix, syrup could not be found. Coffee was so so.

Most staying here will want to use the courtesy coach to or from airport. The service is shared with other hotels, can be packed and only runs about once per hour. Allow plenty of time! Breakfast is fairly basic, typical Days Inn without any extras.

Convenient for airport

Some hairs in the bed and bathtub

Nice room near the airport, has some fasilities in the room like a microwave and waterboiler so you can eat something (store is 50 meters away) big confortable bed

The property is almost new (or was recently renovated) and is in excellent condition. The amenities are top notch: thick towels, nice toiletries. Complimentary breakfast is complete.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The picture on the site made this hotel look on the newer side, but it is a older hotel.

Beds were comfortable, rooms were clean, and everything worked. I could be like others a complain about the hotel, but for the price and the location I think this was a great 2 or 3 star hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful, they even had a wine opener that I could use.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast room was too small for number of visitors, location out of town, so not to take a first glance of San Francisco, but just to sleep.

Airport shuttle traveling was fast and easy - complementary breakfast was good.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

room was excellent breakfast was good The staff were very good but not very knowledgeable about public transport we were given wrong info on "The Bart System" and were almost late for an outing we had planned

The room was smaller than I expected, but since I was very shaken from not having a proper reservation, and also having a very early flight the next day, I woke up every hour or so.

I was happy that since Booking.com did not officially make my reservation with the hotel, that they had room for us to stay. The room was clean, the conditioner worked well, the bed was comfortable, very little noise, but I couldn't sleep. Oh, very cool reading lights over the bed!

Dirty shower stall

Very short time as we just stayed from 10PM to 6AM when the shuttle took us to airport. The room was clean and adequate but the bathroom shower had not been properly cleaned. There was a huge piece of red hair still on the shower wall by shower head. It was gross. Surprised by this as the rest of the room seemed clean. The shuttle to airport was very much appreciated.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Location was horrible. We stayed here because it was the cheapest option when visiting San Francisco (very expensive to stay in the city). It is 12 minutes from the airport, which is good for when you're ready to head out but when needing to go into the city, it is probably 35-45 minutes and can be pricey. Also surrounding locations are all old private shops and felt a little unsafe.

The staff at the hotel was outstanding. They were very friendly, quick, accommodating, and helpful. Rooms and hotel were impeccable. Every inch was clean and bedding, towels, etc all looked new. Not like sometimes when you stay at a hotel and sheet and towels look overly used. Impressed for a 2 star hotel.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Our first floor room was very near the reception desk and breakfast room and we could hear all the conversation. People who boarded the morning airport shuttle after our stop filled the entire bus which I think runs once an hour.

The room was updated and clean. The room was on the back side of the hotel away from the street noise. I think we were lucky to catch the airport shuttle from SFO right away.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The shuttle bus after 45 minutes and three phone calls to hotel from airport to hotel. The main lobby and elevators were needing cleaning and painting. The card for room originally didn't work. BUT the room was nice and clean.

The room was clean.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The property had a funny smell, bathroom was dirty and the man who was driving the shuttle was rude and the shuttle was dirty.

Bed was comfy, Bathroom was ok, free shuttle and it was close to airport.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The area not that nice on busy road and backed onto resedential houses not a good view, dining room very small making it very busy, had better hotels for the price

Room was clean and tidy breakfast was ok nothing special, had airport shuttle bus was probably what sold it for me at the time needed to get back to airport next day to pick up car , booked it at reception came on time.

All 6 pillows were fat and soft providing a couple of lower ones would have been appreciated

Location to airport breakfast very good bed staff helping with early check in and storing luggage for day.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The location is great! So close to the airport. Free parking was really nice. Hotel was clean and the room was big and comfortable. The man at the front desk was also really friendly & nice.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

My change of credit card details two days prior to booking were not recorded or received by the hotel (despite my receiving a confirmation email that they had been received by booking.com) and as I was on a plane, I did not receive an email from the hotel stating they would not hold our room. As a result our booking was cancelled, but I did not discover this until we had arrived. When we arrived, there was no one on reception. We rang the bell and waited for 10 mins before the cleaner having to go inside to the office and wake up the desk attendant. luckily they were able to find us a replacement room, but as our first experience in the country it was unpleasant and unsettling.

The bed was really comfy and the room nice and spacious, plenty of air and light. The bath was great too.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We had to wait 70 minutes for the airport shuttle, despite being told several times that it was almost due. Very poor after such a long flight. Better communication and times would be appreciated.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Two minutes after arriving in our room the handyman arrived asking to fix a problem with the sink so we had clearly been checked into a room that was not ready. A few minutes after that the receptionist arrived to offer us a different room, we were assured by the handyman that it would only take him another 2 minutes so we declined the new room. Ten minutes later the handyman left and we went to return our car and for the final meal out of our holiday thinking all was well. Later that evening, at approx 10pm, as I was in the bathroom and my wife was in bed, our room door opened and 3 people attempted to enter. They had been checked into our room. Very embarassed, they went back to reception to request a new room. I rang reception to ask why someone else had been given a key to our room and was told that "it wasn't a problem." When I pointed out that it clearly was a problem I was given a few excuses, none of which actually took any responsibility. The following day after (a disappointing) breakfast, we returned to our room to find that our key no longer opened the door, so they had cancelled all cards assigned to the room rather than just the one they had give to the party of 3 who they checked into our room. I went back to reception to resolve this issue and was stood waiting for 10 minutes, listening to a baby crying in the back office before I realised that the receptionist was in the kitchen sorting out breakfast. I would absolutely never stay here again.

The bed was really comfortable, and the room was a good size.

We arrived late and received a very friendly and welcoming greeting. Nothing was too difficult and we were in our room in no time. Room was very clean and bed comfortable. Had everything we needed. Light breakfast was included.

Really difficult to find even though on main highway, wasn't warned that El Camino is a very long road that goes through many small suburbs/cities - all who have their own numbering system. We were in a rental car and used google maps which delivered us to the carpark of a huge retail complex. Eventually we rang the hotel and they were very helpful. No problem I imagine if coming by taxi.

Convenient location for an early morning flight from SFO, free shuttle provided. Comfortable modern room, good bed.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Debris behind bureau- dirty in room 316 Why 3 small pillows? Why not 4? We had two people per bed.

More up-to-date in the room than expected . Lots off USB chargers by bed. Bathroom up to date

Room & Hotel stunk or wierd cleaning fluid, change Towels has stains No curtains to draw and a massive illuminated days inn sign by window Breakfast awful Wifi kept dropping

Bed reasonable Supprisingly good coffee

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

1. Boiler was broken over the weekend we arrived (arrived Sun night) and was not fixed until 1pm Monday 2. Breakfast was off paper plates and plastic knives and forks 3. Some electric outlets in bedroom were not working 4. Coffee machine was leaking - reception replaced it 5. Door to guestroom was catching on the jam 6. Some of furniture inside had dry dirt, like chocolate stuck to it

Bathroom was clean

Staff were either not well trained or incompetent. We had a long wait while staff processed two previous customers. We had a long wait while they sorted out our booking. When we eventually recieved our card we enterered our room to find other guests in there. Then another long wait!!

Bed. Size. Breakfast. Friendliness of staff. Location

Staff seemed over their heads. Had to wait 45min for a shuttle from the airport and another 15 min to check in because the front desk was unattended. Some of our towels were stained and clothes were left in the cupboard.

The bed was big and comfortable. It was also close to the airport which was convenient.

- Wifi did NOT work in the room. We had to stand near the door to use wifi, which was still very slow. - Cleaning was not so good even if we gave quite a good tip for the cleaning lady (not enough staff?)

- The room was spacious. - Bed was comfortable. - Staff was helpful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Booking.com did not tell us rthatbwe needed to call the hotel to send shuttle. When it came, the driver was sulky and rude. Situation of hotel quite far from airport.

despite criticisms mentioned separately, room was very nice and bed comfortable

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

My room is NOT clean. After settling in, I found trash from the previous guest in the trash can. The bathroom is also not clean: the counter and the bathroom are not cleaned thoroughly. Also there is a strong odor (smoke) in the elevator and the hallway. The pillows were small and sad looking. The bed is ok.

The location is great. I need to catch an early flight. It's close to the airport.

No hot water in the evening or morning. When we reported it we were told that they were aware of issue. No compensation offered. Breakfast option closed at 9am so we missed out by turning up at 9:10am. Needed reminding at check in.

Shuttle to airport worked well. Large room and great bed.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Our room faced the street and it was very noisy. The room was small .The lobby and breakfast area were not very welcoming. Staff was inattentive.

It was close to the airport and the shuttle was good.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Wait for shuttle was 45 minutes. Then wait for staff to book in the one customer at the desk before us took 20 (twenty) minutes! We had pre booked but it took staff 10 (ten) minutes to allocate us our room. Yes we timed all this. We opened our room to find another person in the room we were given!!!! We eventually had our room 90 minutes after we rang for a shuttle.

Close to airport. Good room and bed. Breakfast.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Deluxe King Suite

Receptionist was nit particularly good. Did not inform me of breakfast times. As a result breakfast had ended when I went down for it. As had to find a hotel as a consequence of my BA flight being cancelled prices had been pushed upwards so the room was expensive for the night as I checked the cost for the next night was 70 dollars cheaper

Room was large and spacious with desk and seating area and a seperate on suite bathroom

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Shuttle took over 1/2 for p/u from SFO. Room was older, carpeting needed ro be vacuumed around baseboards, wi-fi was intermittent.

Bed was good.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

It took a half hour for van driver to show up at airport after I called to say I had my luggage and needed to be picked up.

Bed was comfortable and breakfast choices were fine.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The view to the airport was nice, but window needed to be washed.

This hotel has been renovated. Everything inside is new, modern, pretty, fresh and comfortable...oh and very clean! I was amazed to find a hotel at this price offering free breakfast, free airport shuttle, as well as fridge and microwave in the room. And the breakfast was awesome! All the regular Continental things, but also Eggs, Oatmeal and Waffles. Very impressive!

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Location poor (for me). Minimal facilities off site. 1 Restaurant, no shopping, no easy BART access. No shower curtain which I didn't notice till I was about to take a shower in the morning.(Had I noticed the night before I'm sure it would have been rectified).

Motel appeared newly renovated and was very clean.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

I was disappointed with the information that we received on the shuttle service. We were told that it would leave at 7 a.m. and take 10 minutes to get to the airport. This wasn't a complete truth...there were many stops on the way to the airport and it took much longer than the 10 minutes...closer to 25 to 30 minutes. Staff should be able to inform their guests intelligently so guests can make a informed decision when deciding what time to book their shuttle to SFO

The room and location were great. We had a short stay but a very comfortable stay. We did not eat in the cafe for breakfast so cannot comment

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

If you are planning to spend most of your time in San Francisco, this hotel may not have the best location.

The staff was really nice and helpful. The room was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Breakfast was bread, cereal, and what might have been pre-made omelettes, but it was hard to tell. The walls are very thin. I heard every word of the guys next door. If you want to go down stairs, you have to take the elevator, as the stairs are exit-only coming down. You can take them up though.

Free parking at a great location in south industrial San Francisco. There are Asian-food restaurants everywhere. Gas stations are convenient. It's close to the airport and a few parks. I recommend the Golden Gate National Cemetery 2 miles away.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It's a minor problem, but they didn't have a nail clipper. Nail clipper! More frequent shuttle to the airport would be nice (shuttle runs only once every hour). Long wait for the shuttle at the airport for pick up (we had to wait for 22 min after calling). At the breakfast, they were out of waffles. Waffles!

Staff were nice, shuttle to the airport was nice. Clean and new facility. Breakfast, shuttle to the airport included. Good deal for the money.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Breakfast was a help yourself continental, more choice than some places we have stayed. Bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious and clean. Staff were helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could have been better.

The location was very convenient being so close to the airport. the staff went out of way to ensure our pickup from the airport late in the night.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

No complaints.

Relatively close to airport. Restaurant across street provides deliveries. I also liked the old-school small market (also across street, nice for snacks and other necessities).