Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Alexandria South 2 stars

6100 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303, USA

#35 of 43 hotels in Alexandria

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

We stayed in many hotels on our coast to coast USA trip the...

We stayed in many hotels on our coast to coast USA trip the staff here were extremely professional, the most courteous & helpful! Best breakfast variety we came across and everything was very clean with comfy beds! Angela on the front desk along with Kay on night shift really made us feel very welcome so thank you!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Perfect for our requirements, [except the coffee].
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Coffee at breakfast time was poor compared to the 3 other properties stayed at that week.

Ice machine was really close, as was rear entrance to car park. Great location for Washington Metro system and local amenities.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Close to Mt.

Carpet was dirty looking, ants in the room and bathroom and the breakfast area was a sauna. Breakfast choices were ok. Room keys were not working. Had to go to the office each time and they were great at getting us new keys. Dated facility. I advised of the ants and carpet. They were going to let them know to get pest control in and also have the carpet cleaned.

Close to Mt. Vernon. Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Decent
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The Staff was Great; Breakfast Great,. The Room was decent, but kind of run down, had an odor to it. Maid service was Great. They just to remodel there rooms.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

The daily cleaning service was good
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The continental breakfast had very few warm food options. Disappointing dry cereal microwave eggs. The hotel could use a facelift-old and dark.

The daily cleaning service was good

Good Location.

Could use some updates. Carpet was very wore out. Not many tv channels

This location was good. We were there for a few days. Rooms were clean and staff was very nice. Beds were very comfortable.

I liked the location it was perfect just a quick 20 min...
    • Standard Quadruple Room

It’s really outdated. // pool hours aren’t too convenient but it’s not horrible.

I liked the location it was perfect just a quick 20 min drive to DC, there are many things to see in the VA area as well. Staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. Recommend this if you’re not going to be spending your days in the room, we were in and out only woke up and got ready and returned for sleep.

The room was comfortable.

I booked the room specifically because I wanted to go swimming! The pool was closed 90% of the time! My conference was from 8am-9:30pm. The pool was only open 4pm-9pm M-F. On Saturday morning, I planned to go swimming before I had to check out at 12 noon. The pool was closed until 2pm! I could have saved $25 booking elsewhere, but I wanted the pool! I was VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

The room was comfortable. The bathroom was very small. .

It was a great hotel, a little out dated but great.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

It was a little out dated. The bathroom could use new tile and paint.

The hotel is not too far from dc and national harbor both places we were going. It is located near a ton of restaurants and a Walmart and not to far from several other shopping centers.

We didn't like being woke up early in the morning by the...
    • Standard Quadruple Room

We didn't like being woke up early in the morning by the trash trucks. They should not be picking up trash that early in the morning, because it woke us both up. The trucks were severely noisy!! We informed the folks at the front desk and the manager when we checked out.

It was very frustrating. I did not relax at all. Very disappointed.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

See above statement. Other than that Send a health and building inspector.They need to close until the issue is taken care of.

I arrived near check in. Staff is was friendly. As the night approached i saw something run crawl across curtain. When i loooked closer it looked like a roach. Well guess what it was and it wasnt alone. This was room 307. I notified staff. Keep in mind this is hours after check in. I was already relaxed and unpacked. They said let us put you in another room. I repacked went back downstairs and received room 327. On my second night i once again saw pest running on the wall and near the microwave and mini fridge. I killed two and put them in a well sealed Days Inn complimentary cup and gave it to the front desk upon check out . They apologized and said can i give you 50% off your room. I said you may certainly. I will be contacting corporate because obviously this facility has great pest (roach) issues. I was totally dissatisfied with the whole experience of both nights and will be seeking a full refund.

The day manager and day staff were exceptionally friendly,...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The building was ‘tired’ not quite matching the photos. The staff deserve a better place to show off. The toilet was very close to the bathroom door making manoeuvring difficult!

The day manager and day staff were exceptionally friendly, professional and helpful. The manageress went out of her way to help us as did the lady who registered us. Breakfast was fair - not overwhelming but satisfactory However the room was clean, functional and the day staff made it a comfortable stay for us - if we have a final night we certainly would return.

A steal of price in Alexandria, VA
    • Standard Quadruple Room

I thought shower head was perfect, as I am short, but tall family members wish was higher up. Great water pressure.

Friendly staff, huge breakfast spread, room clean and supplied with everything needed for four family members. Don't judge by older outside appearance. Would recommend highly. Not far from metro subway.

4.0
    The water pressure in the shower, it was terrible hot then...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The water pressure in the shower, it was terrible hot then cold then warm then cold it was bad, can not get in the pool until 2 p.m. which is not right and weekdays not until 4 p.m. closes at 9 p.m. non speaking English people caring for rooms, breakfast was terrible, free but not even worth a penny, coffee was not good

We really liked the location and swimming pool, but pay...
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The staff is rude, the bedroom needs renovations, the pictures doesn’t show the reality. We booked a noon smoking room, the smell inside the bedroom was too bad. You can find for the same price better place in the area, new, clean and smiling staff.

We really liked the location and swimming pool, but pay attention at the time 15:00-21:00,doesn’t make sense, summer time is too short. If you check in late for one night for example, you gonna rest and in the next day you gonna loose it in the morning, it will be closed.

The location was all I liked about the hotel.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

We had water bugs (big huge black roaches...) In the 2 nights we stayed there , we had 5 big black water bugs. Than on Sunday morning (after getting back from our event the night before at 2 in the morning) their ground crew was outside the window cutting grass and running the weed-eater at 9 am. REALLY!!!! Ater our one guest left for the airport at 6am (only 3 hours after we got there I was planning on sleeping a till just before check out before my 6 hour drive back home. I was woke up by a lawn mower.

The location was all I liked about the hotel. And the price I got from booking..but now I see why it was the price it was.

Good for a night.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Building could use an overhaul. While the rooms are nice the outside looks like the Ghetto. People smoking and drinking and throwing their trash everywhere.

Rooms are nice for the money. Free parking and close to five guys. Close to Ronald Reagan Airport.

I liked the value for the room and cleanliness of the room...
    • Standard Quadruple Room

It's a tad dated, especially when needing outlets to plug electronics in for charging.

I liked the value for the room and cleanliness of the room considering that it was such a value option.

Nice comfortable place to stay
    • Standard Quadruple Room

A little bit old but with new furniture. Breakfast (included) is good but I will suggest a little more options not in the "sugar, sweet" selection, like some jam and cheese.

Very nice place to stay, near Metro station (they also offer a complimentary shuttle to it). Near restaurants and Walmart near by. Friendly staff (most of them), clean, comfortable beds and a good size clean pool to relax after a tour day.

You get what you pay for....

The property was really scary, especially the elevator area. The gentleman at the desk was not very friendly. I found a huge cockroach in my room. The bathroom was gross. Old, outdated décor.

The pool area was nice.

Breakfast was amazing and rooms were very clean.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The woman at the front desk was rude when we arrived. My kids couldn't swim in the pool at all because there had to be a lifeguard on duty and it was only from 4 to 9 p.m. if you are visiting d.c. for vacation your only in your room during the day.

Breakfast was amazing and rooms were very clean. The maids couldn't speak any English but we're very nice. Room was always made nicely each day. I will definitely be returning.

Great location to get Metro to go into Alexandria or...

A few things a bit outdated- air conditioner was a bit inefficient but did work seemed to stay at one fan speed and temp- ended up buying a cheap fan at walmart to circulate the air,, it was awfully hot outside and we were on 3rd floor which may have contributed to how the ac was working.

Great location to get Metro to go into Alexandria or Washinton DC. Also great location to shopping - walmart, target etc

Would recommend the facility to others. The location is close to our destinations and retaurants.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

electrical outlets not too accessible

Bed was a queen and we ordered a king. but it was fine. The room was clean and the amenities were just fine also

We would not return to the establishment..The hotel lobby was being cleaned with strong chemicals...
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The room was dirty.remote control was filthy dirty.We were rushed at check in as Margaret as she stated she had to leave the job and she was running late so we felt rushed and weren’t able to ask any questions...

Cleaning staff were very nice.

Old but clean, with excellent staff.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

I could have used another pillow, but I didn't ask for one. The mini-safe was locked when we arrived, but someone came right up (about 5 minutes, if that long) to fix. The hotel is old, but clean.

The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. The breakfast was good. The bed was very comfortable. The distance into town wasn't bad. Fridge, micro and mini-safe were good to have.

The bed was very comfortable.

It’s outdated. Needs just a little make over. Walls are a little thin. A family got the room next to ours and I could hear them having conversations and their kid screaming. EARLY in the morning. I was very annoyed. I know nothing can be done about that. But I saw quite a few rooms empty. Try placing them away from adult visitors that have no young children. (Our son is 12, so he’s far from being a screamer.)

The bed was very comfortable. The air condition worked great!!!! Our room was cleaned every day.

We will go again!

The breakfast room was small and got very crowded. The hotel is older and has some blemishes that could use repair and the front desk/lobby is way outdated.

Great location. Lots of nearby restaurants, shopping and places to go with kids. Old Towne minutes away. The traffic flow around the hotel is very manageable-easy in and out. The hotel “hospitality “ staff are nice and quick to help with extra needs and daily room cleaning. A shuttle service is provided for around town drop offs and scheduled pickup. The pool is kept very clean and had a lifeguard on duty at all times .

Decent stay, but the worst check-in experience because of Benjamin
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I had stayed at more than 30 hotels which I reserved via Booking.com and I have always used a virtual card for my reservations, which is available in credit card options in Booking. Our check-in process was made by Benjamin at the reception. When he asked to see our credit card, I presented the virtual card by connecting to my bank's mobile application and the original card, which the virtual card is connected to. Although we presented the proof of the cards, he made the process very hard, and he insisted on seeing a physical copy of a virtual card, which is ridiculous and impossible. Even though I told him that virtual card is an available option in Booking.com, he insistently asked for a physical copy of the virtual card and frustrated us. In my other stays, I did not have any problems about virtual card usage, but in this specific hotel, because of Benjamin, we had a horrible check-in experience. Following this discussion, when I asked to pay with cash, Benjamin told that they needed to put an authorization of my whole room fee (not a small deposit) on my credit card. That is ridiculous! I suggest the management of this hotel that they need to revise the employment status of Benjamin because of his bad relations with the guests. Or they need to put him in a detailed training program on payment options of Booking.com.

2-nights stay with a family of 3 adults. The breakfast was decent. Parking was easy and free.

There were cockroaches in the room. I took pictures and brought them down to the desk to complain. She acted as if it were no big deal. They moved us to the third floor, but we still had trouble sleeping wondering what else was in the room with us. We were able to cancel our second night without losing any money, with the help of a very nice man from Booking.com. However, when I called 2 days later to speak to the manager, the staff would not put him/her on the phone. I am in the process of dealing with Wyndham directly in order to get my money back for the first night.

Great Care

I feel they could have provided more towels. The mini hair dryer was really bad.

My partner and I stayed to have some bdsm play. When the staff found our riding crop during cleaning, they respectfully left it on the bed for us and never touched any of our Other equipment. The respect was greatly appreciated!

the breakfast was decent enough for the price(free).
    • Standard Quadruple Room

the breakfast was decent enough for the price(free). Just no meat. But there are waffles and cheese omelets including toast & cold stuff.But the best part is the subway to DC is only a mile away.And it's less than $5 to park at the Metro station. The Metro was so easy to figure out.They have signs posted on both sides to help make sure you are going in the right direction. Oh and there's a great buffet about 1/2 mile away on the way to the Metro.This hotel even has a pool w a lifeguard!

Nice and cozy.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

I saw one cockroach near the vending machines, but that hotel is big, so the cockroach could have been brought in by any guest. I only saw ONE.

The staff was friendly. Everything inside the room was nice.

Not a good example of a typical Wyndham/Days Inn branded property. I would not stay here again!!!!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like the holes in the drapery which allowed the sun to stream through early in the morning to awaken me after a long day. The thin walls allowed noise to filter through the walls. There was a lot of mold growing in a warm refrigerator which contained precooked eggs and cream were stored in the breakfast area. To say the least, it was totally disgusting. I wrote Wyndham who contacted the Days Inn. I did not feel good about the communication. I would, at the minimum, have supplied a voucher for another hotel.

The bed was very comfortable and the staff friendly. It was situated in a good location.

The hotel staff was very nice, friendly and helpful.

The hotel staff was very nice, friendly and helpful.Front guest registry staff, Margaret makes the guests feel very welcome.The room we got this time was a lot nicer too.Good improvement.

Location, comfortable beds, very quiet, and they have...

WiFi keep going in and out. Bathroom was a little tight. Parking spaces are to close together. They need to be wider. Water keep going from warm, to hot, to cold while showering plus the shower heads were to low. They are fine for anyone shorter than 5'9".

Location, comfortable beds, very quiet, and they have security.

A clean good sized room with a comfy bed and a good breakfast

We were very happy with this hotel. It was an easy commute to Pentagon City where we caught the Hop on hop off bus to see Washington. The Hotel has many resturants nearby and its free daily breakfast was fresh and varied to cater to all tastes.

Never again

We were charged for queen beds online, which is what we wanted but were given full sized beds which made sleeping impossible. Not only did it ruin our trip because none of us slept well, they refused to take the extra money off the bill for the queen beds because we reserved the rooms online. No where on their site did it say the pool closed so we had 5 unhappy children as well.

Really good room, bad internet and tv
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The tv sucked. I spend quite a few hours at night in hotels and the tv not having clear channels was a huge bummer. Also the internet kinda sucked too

I had a queen-smoking room and in my past experience with other hotels the sheets etc would smell like cigarette smoke. Not this place. It was pretty clean, pretty chill. Housekeeping knocked on the door and didn't barge in despite me being in the shower when they came. Staff didn't bother me and it was convenient to lots of stores as it's on Richmond hwy which it's a major strip.

good for the price.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The carpet was not very clean sneezed a lot and the bedding/duvet very light thus was cold. Had to put on AC to keep room warm.

The metro was near making accessibility easy.

Disappointed overall sadly
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

The room was very run down and in desperate need of upgrading. Several amenities did not work properly and needed to be fixed while I was there. The shower barely worked, there was no water pressure at all, the phone didn't work at all. I wasn't able to make outgoing calls. The bedspread on my bed was old and had stains on it that looked like blood. The bathroom wasn't clean there were dirty wash rags left from a previous guest. The TV had a poor quality picture. I have stayed at this property numerous times over the years and this is not the condition that I have known it to be. It has definitely declined in quality.

The staff member at the front desk was very friendly and professional and did everything that she could to assist me and make my stay comfortable and pleasant.

• Standard Quadruple Room

Staff was miserable. Lobby had a horrible smell. No automatic doors so you struggle to hold the door open for yourself with your luggage in hand. Property was disgusting. The door did not shut all the way. Scary neighborhood. Had to prob furniture in front of the door. Would not stay here again. Would rather pay double. Sleeping in the car would be better than this scabby motel. My oldest was so scared of the people fighting outside our door at 2am it made him physically vomit. Try the holiday inn across the street. They have amazing service and rooms.

the stay was like 'ok' kind
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the staff's can be little more gentle and can know how to smile. the room can be sound proof. we can hear what the neibour is talking. rest room can be little bigger.

the bed was good

It was in a nice quiet part of town.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The room head poor insulation so it was always cold in the room. The heating unit didn't work. The hotel is also in an area far away from many things, there isn't much to do a around it.

It was in a nice quiet part of town.

Great value
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I have no complaints...

Excellent service...room was very comfortable...location to Metro was great and accessibility to other places was equally great.

Niy a place if you want a good nights sleep.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Beds were small. Asked for a ground level room and was put on 2nd floor. You could hear every noise from outside. You could hear when next rooms flushed the toilets.

Close to metro station. Price was the deciding factor.

The Manager was super rude and all I did was ask a simple...
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The Manager was super rude and all I did was ask a simple question . Even when we were checking in (the guy checking us in was super nice and understanding) but the manager just had an attitude the whole time . Definitely makes me not want to go back .

It was convenient.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The non-smoking room reeked of smoke. There was no paper listing of television channels. Only one staff member was knowledgeable about the area. Two employees could not name the immediate cross street. Few restaurant menus were provided. Only Five Guys was recommended despite there being an excellent Mexican restaurant across the street. When I said I did not want fast food, I was given a look as if I were crazy.

The location was excellent. The heat was good.

The beds were okay and the pillows were awesome.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The breakfast selection was terrible. The cashier put my money on the counter and not in my hand. There were two people there and neither one greeted me when I arrive. My room had candy on the floor that the previous occupants left.

The beds were okay and the pillows were awesome.

It was close to many restaurants, Walmart, and gas stations
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The breakfast was not fresh, everything seemed like it was days old and the options were very limited. I skipped breakfast at the hotel.

It was close to many restaurants, Walmart, and gas stations

Location is great, downtown DC is about 15 minutes drive, I...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was way too small but thatvstill was fine with us. Poor breakfast, dont have that much of variety, but they do have great waffles!

Location is great, downtown DC is about 15 minutes drive, I had to stay in Alexandria for two nights and und unfortunately I didn’t book room for a second night so I found the cheapest hotel right next to this one and all I can tell that days in was so much cleaner! I would say it’s a fair price

Nice and clean but too cold.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

It was rather cold. Had to have the heat up all night for the room to be comfortable. It was freezing when we first arrived. Breakfast evaporated quickly, and the orange juice and peanut butter tasted funny.

Room and bathroom were nice and clean.

Nice employees,clean room,excellent prices,great breakfast,excellent customer service
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wonderful stay,they always made sure I was in good hands,checked on me,very clean,friendly and made sure I was comfortable I would rate them a perfect 10!

Disappointing stay overall
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast looked nothing like it did online, the cereal was stale and it was nothing great. I also had purchased a room with a queen bed and when I got there was given a room with a double bed instead of a queen which I had paid for. In the morning the maid actually just opened up my door with her key, no loud knock or anything which I felt was very very inappropriate. The staff when I checked in was also not very welcoming and was even laughing at another customer and degrading her in front of others which I felt to be extremely disrespectful. When checking out the staff was not overly friendly there was no conversation he didn’t ask me how my stay was, nothing. Which I felt a little thrown off by as a worker you should be friendly to the guests at your facility.

The front desk employees were awesome!

The room smelled like smoke and we requested non smoking so I had to go buy smoke eater candles to help with the smoke odor. Breakfast left something to be desired... fruit was moldy, omelets were previously made and microwaved...ewww! Needless to say we didn’t eat breakfast. Also didn’t care for the puke we woke to find in the hallway that housekeeping just walked around instead of cleaning

The front desk employees were awesome!!

It would be a beautiful place to stay what they finish that renovation
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Maintenance staff and housekeeping need to improve in the cleanliness of the room and like I said earlier some of the people very professional but there's one African-American men who work the night shift in front desk he's very unprofessional

The management was beautiful but some of the staff members who work the front desk and very unprofessional also they can offer little bit more on a continental breakfast can talk a little bit more like with some eggs and fruit a cubed old bread off the line

First experience at The Days In.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only issue I had there, was the internet. I had to reconnect several times over. I'm glad this stay was for leisure, not business or school. No children were with me. Wow! It would of been a nightmare.

The property was clean. The staff was nice. The breakfast was nice as well.

My stay was nice .
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The WiFi didn’t work at all even with the access code I was unable to connect to the internet!! Very frustrating!!!

The Room was ready and all my accommodations were met according to what I requested.

As expected.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Shower didn’t keep a consistent temperature. Front desk guy was a little rude checking in.

Bed was comfy. Location was convenient. Tv was clear. Room was clean.

Was cheaper than alternatives location is also ok
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not that clean, terrible sleeping bed and pillows. A.C. is so old and makes noises. Couldn't sleep with it on. For 20 more dollars one could stay in a way better place.

Was cheaper than alternatives location is also ok

it is not a place to stay if you want to rest
    • Queen Room - Smoking

this facility has a lot of people hanging out at night. they were in and out. my room was right across from the vending machine and the elevator, so there were people outside my door all night.

Overall, excellent for my needs.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I am in a pet-friendly room so there are carpet stains and smell but I went out and bought pet odor febreeze, brought in my portable air cleaner and I am comfortable. But really not a big deal as they are hard at work renovating units.

The front desk staff is TOP rate. I was very happy to see a present and responsive security guard. Close by shopping!

This is a terrible Days Inn. Not worthy.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

It didn't seem clean. We had 2 ice machines on our floor and neither of them worked. People were fighting and yelling all night long.

Nothing really

Sleazy looking hotel

The hotel looked dirty and seemed to need a renovation. Once inside the room the linen was ok but looked outdated and bathroom tub wasn't clean and seemed clogged because the water took awhile to go down the drain.

Location close to restaurants and shopping

disappointed and uncomfortable
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The fan of air conditioner blew right to the head of the bed, no adjustment could be made. We couldn't have a restful sleep at all. The toilet paper was so cheap, it broke to pieces when wet; very small shower. Plastic utensils in breakfast room were so cheap, the knife couldn't even cut a waffle. Breakfast selection was very limited.

good wifi

It was ok, but we would not stay there again The staff were very nice, but the hotel itself was old

The hotel said they had laundry facilities, 2 washers and 2 dryers. One washer was totally out of order and the other had to be just right for the coins to work. There was a new dryer that worked fine. The danish on the breakfast bar was not good at all. They needed more room in their breakfast area to accommodate the customers. It was by far the most expensive hotel and the least favored of all our hotels from Tennessee to Washington DC and back home.

The staff were nice. The breakfast was okay.

The best thing was the ample parking.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

In fairness the location is great, easy access to Washington DC, Alexandria The hotel though was just shabby. The breakfast was a real disappointment. I had to book within a budget so I guess you get what you pay for.

The best thing was the ample parking.

Good basic place tp stay for dc visit
    • Standard Quadruple Room

An older building, outsides are tired and a bit like rabbit warren.

Standard chain motel of a consistent reasonably high standard. Room itself was comfortable. About 12 minutes walk from metro using the shortcut through the park.

HORRIBLE.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I am unhappy with booking.com and days inn... Everything was wrong. I booked a room and didn't get the room I booked so I was supposed to be relocated but that place didn't have the accommodations that we were looking for either. Horrible experience and I've never been through this with any other booking site that I've used. After all of what we went through we were never even offered a deal or anything to compensate the misery we were put through. Definitely would not recommend this to anybody else. And will be putting the word out about how horrible this experience was. It ruined our trip.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Tissue paper holder in the bath room was very close to the toilet. Sitting in the toilet was very tight unless you are a little child. Very awkward position - did not like. Also at check out the older man at the counter had masked face, seems slightly irritable, and didn't know how to smile. Rest are good.

I will return to staying at Marriott Hotels, since I am a Marriott 'Gold' Rewards member!

Having to enter the room from the outside. I was by myself and returned from visiting friends at night, praying that no one would follow me! I will NEVER again book through Booking.com or STAY at a hotel where you enter from the outside.

The mattress on the bed was very good. All of the staff were very nice!

Ease of access to Metro by walk 5 min.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

dirty carpets in the room, less lighting, old TV!

Ease of access to Metro by walk 5 min., cheap, value for money, friendly, helpful staff, basic breakfast - just filling.

Great value for the money
    • Queen Room - Smoking

I thought the overall experience was acceptable and plan on using this service again during next year's residency.

The staff were very accommodating. Some driver sheared a telephone pole which took power down from 8pm sunday night till at least 9 am Monday morning. Even though the hotel had nothing to do with this outage they still gave me the room for free that night and ensured that I had a flashlight so I could see while in the room.

Not welcoming
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

I requested the king suite, on a top level away from noise. When I arrived the rude lady at the front desk said "I see you asked for the king suite which we don't have and I'm not gonna change the price and you can have a queen room right behind the office." I got little to no sleep because my room was right by the front office. I heard everyone coming and going, the beds were hard and the room out dated.

Smoking rooms available.

Would have been an acceptable low-cost stay, except for the lack of security.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Ground floor rooms are very noisy - plumbing - guests coming & going. local hoodlums arrive by bike and smoke on your porch after midnight. there appears no hotel security personnel,although they have camera surveillance.

The Motel allows easy access by tram into Washington, or nearby Alexandria. it is only 10 minutes walk to the Huntingdon Tram stop.

Will never stay here again, nor will I recommend anyone to stay here..
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The pool wasn't clean, there didn't appear to be chlorine in the pool, the pool was dirty, the life guard was rude. The breakfast was bland. The staff was rude and didn't answer my questions. There is wild animals that are around the property, the washer didn't work. And the dryer hardly worked. There was a lot of shady people walking around which didn't make me or my children feel safe staying here.

I didn't like anything about this motel