Reviews of Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Groton Near the Casinos 1.5 stars

#9 of 12 hotels in Groton

6.2

6.2

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Great location off I-95 and 15 minutes to Foxwoods. Stop & Shop and Walmart are across the street.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bathroom was moldy and my husband had a awful cough whenever he was in there.

The man at the front desk immediately replaced a broken alarm clock. Rebecca in Housekeeping was very kind and was able to get our room ready quickly because we were tired.

stay away from home

not enough towels, and no one at desk when arrived. i went to ask for extra towels and no one answered the phone. went to front desk and no one came after 5 minutes.

bed was comfortable

Relaxing
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Fire Alarm at 7:30 in the morning but it happens and glad there wasn’t an actual fire.

It was what was expected for a decent price. Pool was really nice to have on site.

It is possible we return next year. Breakfast was very convenient for the family to get out quickly.

Check in was not a people person. Got the job done. Hotel had miles of hallways with doors. Breakfast room small. Odd locked doors in our room to somewhere.

Beds were very comfortable. great fridge. nice little breakfast waffles, yogurts, cereal. Coffee good and milk available we use in our coffees. Creamer allergy. great service supplies refilled often.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

On the website the picture made it look so beautiful and...
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

On the website the picture made it look so beautiful and clean and when we got there it was a step up from a 3 hour motel. The rugs were dirty everything look like it was falling apart the toilet didn’t flush all the way just very dissatisfying.

Our suite was huge!
    • Efficiency Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The entry into the parking lot is a little tricky.

Our suite was huge! I love the size of the room which was super affordable. Good simple continental breakfast and friendly staff. I have stayed here twice and will totally stay again.

Roomy hotel room with kitchen
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We like the location a lot, close to the Nautilus Submarine Museum, close to Mystic Aquarium and Walmart for our last minute needs. My husband like the hotel room, the room we got has a kitchen , microwave and mini fridge, It is roomy as well . Bathroom was clean and updated. Breakfast was very good too, the breakfast room overlooks the pool. We recommend this hotel.

5.5
    The BREAKFAST!
    • Queen Suite - Smoking

We were put in to a smoking Queen Suite...….It was horrific! Thankfully, we slept and showered there and didnt have to spend time in this dump. So outdated and smelled like CURRY and tobacco along with other odors that I cant even MENTION! Outdated!! Needs a major renovation interior is shot and nothing matches.

The BREAKFAST! The man at the front desk was very nice...…..

The rooms were very clean.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

When entering our room we had two extra locked doors one entering where the bathroom was and one entering where the beds were. We went down to the desk to find out what they were turns out it leads to the storage room. Also the hallway was very heavy with the smell of smoked cigarettes. Breakfast should be open a little later then bn 930am. The pool area was very dirty with empty solo cups when we got there they should clean the area up more often but by next day it was cleaned up.

The rooms were very clean. We had a smoking room even though we were not smoking and the room did not smell like a smoking room.

With so many things to do in the area, the location was perfect.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Due to recent highway work, it was a little tricky getting in to the property.

The room was spacious and everything worked very well from the AC to the shower. The staff was courteous and helpful. We will consider returning the next time we visit the area.

Last choice if nothing else available in the area.

Odor in room, no shuttle to casino.

Trusted that booking.com vetted the hotel but when I was checking on the hotels web site many negative reviews came up. Booking.com should have a highly visible rating system for travelers to see when booking. If one exists I'm sorry I missed it.

Smelly Disappointment
    • Queen Suite - Smoking

Smelled, looked nothing like the images on the app. Furniture was very run down and the smoking smell slapped you in the face the minute the elevator doors opened

Plenty of room

Great find good value
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Nothing keep up the good work. Staff is excellent very friendly and helpful.

Everything was great. Room was large, clean and well appointed. Bed was great to sleep in. Shower was good with plenty of hot water.

Terrible
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The staff was rude when we went to go get breakfast and kept staring at us like we were hooligans trying to steal or destroy something the bathroom had gross stains all over the beds were super uncomfortable

It was really a horrible and will not stay there again
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The room was a smoking room . But I didn’t exspect that it would still smell like smoke I smoke in my house and it never smells like that . There were burn holes in all the blankets ...one of the windows would not open and the air conditioner did not work properley

Was close to where I was going and that’s about it I would have been better waiting to go the next day

Very disappointed!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The room was dirty didn’t look anything like the picture.. staff was rude when asked to clean room.. it was the worst room we had ever had.. we’ll defiantly not be going back there or to any days inn again!! I do not recommend to anyone!

6.0
    Not very clean.
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Not very clean...curtains ripped and stained, toilet seat cracked burn holes and stain on bedspread trash cans dirty inside, hair on bathroom floor,sink.tub.

For the cost of the room and the ability to book a smoking room, it was fine for one night
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Spackle on the walls. Door had wood chipping off of it. Burn marks on the bathroom sink. Hallways were pretty dark.

Bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly but we waited about 15 minutes before someone had showed up to check us in even after calling for assistance. No bed bugs!! Despite the room being old, it was clean.

overall great hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was hard and my shower drained really slow but it wasn't a bog deal. The hotel defiantly needs a remodel but all in all it was a great hotel.

The staff was friendly and considerate. Every morning at 10 am, housekeeping came and asked if I needed anything. The hotel room was pretty cool and not what I expected at all.

Terrible place to stay. Only do it if you ONLY want a place to crash. Stay elsewhere otherwise.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was terrible. Was told there would be a shuttle service and front desk even gave us the number for the shuttle. When we called they said it was closed for winter. If I could do it again I'd spend more money and stay somewhere else with a active shuttle, better room quality, and better amenities (probably closer to casinos as well).

Cheap prices but there's a reason it's so cheap

it was ok. Could use some improvement with accommodation.Our stay was Ok, I guess.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They wouldnt warrant any extra accomodations we booked through booking.com, even after showing them the receipt/proof of our special requests. Quick to upcharge for those accomdations that came with the initial prove through booking. Not compassionate nor understanding with with us at all. Oh yeah, and the breakfast diner was FREEEEEEZING. Someone that had been staying there for about 7 weeks said that it's ALWAYS like that. that they never turn on the heat in there.

The air conditioning in the room.

Okay
    • Queen Suite - Smoking

No in door pool smelled wired not in a good way. More like a bad wired. Also the man made a comment like," That's why the man should be the one taking care on the reservations. That pissed me off, because a woman can do anything a man can do, and more.

Lots of stores near by and friendly people

They didn't let me check in until 3.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They didn't let me check in until 3. They had plenty of vacancy, yet he would not check me in to an available room early. Only place I've ever stayed at that wouldn't do that. Most check me in by 1.

Nothing it wasn’t Clean and when I asked the manager for...
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Nothing it wasn’t Clean and when I asked the manager for someone to clean the bathroom that still had the previous guests hair and dirt in mess along with the ice bucket having hair and dirt an old coffee in it when the woman came with the new ice bucket she had an attitude about cleaning the bathroom and could not really communicate in English with me

Perfect, it was just what we needed!
    • Efficiency Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the smell in the rooms it was a bit musty or dated. I'm not quite sure what caused it but the rooms were clean and loved the living room and bedroom room area were separate.

We spent the night because we went to a concert at Foxwoods. The room was perfect for what we needed. There were stores, restaurants very great location.

Proximity to the USCGA, highway, naval base.

Cleanliness, breakfast (both coffee carafes are the same were told), handling of booking, room decor. Apparently trying to run the place on 3 people. I also don't see how my "calculated review score" is a 3.8 when I answered all 6 questions with 4 ones, a 2 and a 3. Seems a bit rigged as that actually averages out to a 1.5.

Proximity to the USCGA, highway, naval base.

Disappointing- needed some rest after checking out
    • Efficiency King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was worn, bathroom was dirty, lighting was dim, there were lingering cooking smells in the kitchen of the suite, there was a noisy heating/AC unit that made an annoying, rhythmic, sleep stealing knocking noise as soon as our upstairs neighbors came in for the night- it was probably the unit for their room

Do NOT recommend this place ... needs total update
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The staff member wasn’t very friendly. The room had a horrible musty odor. The bathroom fan cover was completely off, on the floor under the trash can. Around the top of the tub was gross, did NOT shower. The bed was VERY uncomfortable.. and I feel like was a Full NOT a Queen. We turned the heat on for a minute to take the morning chill out.. and it smelled SO bad.. so turned it off.

The AC worked good

property badly needs to be updated
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

the property is very dated. bathroom ceiing paint is peeling off badly. bathroom ventilation is poor. it gets fogged up after a shower No room cleaning service for the entire 3 night-4 day when we were there

staff were nice. when we asked for sofa bed to be made, they came up right away to do it.

I will stay somewhere else next time.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff didn't have a reservation from booking.com for me. They then asked me to contact booking to figure out what happened. I couldn't find a number but in the mean time they went to another computer and somehow found the reservation. The whole check in process took over 30 minutes at 10:30 pm and I was told I would get a better nightly rate for the inconvenience. When I checked my CC charges the 2 night stay actually cost me an additional 6$ then I was originally quoted. The rooms are extremely dated and have an odor. The TV doesn't have many channels. The channels it does have nobody watches anymore. I think they are on rabbit ears still. Never again for me!!

The location was good.

My husband nd i enjoyed our stay very much!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They removed the stove in our room but left the hood over the stove. This was right next to the door and my husband and I almost banged our heads on the sharp corner a couple of times.

The room was large and comfortable. The place was clean and a great value for the money. It was in a great location to visit Mystic and the casinos.

Nice guy on reception desk
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

After we got back on the first day out we found the room had not been touched anything towels bed cleaned on asking why the repli we only do housekeeping Monday Wednesday Friday...would I stay again . A very big no you could wright your name in the dirt on the top of the fridge . Mike

The place was very standard

we had a really nice time perfect location for all the travelling in the area we did .

They missed the bathroom being totally cleaned they left urine in the toilet so we do not know if it was totally cleaned so we cleaned it ourselves to make sure they just did not come in flush and say they cleaned.

Staff was great everything was fine

terrible would not return
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

bed was small not queen, room was dirty. things were broke in room, staff was not receptive to our needs. hallways dirty rugs old and torn.

nothing. price was cheap bug not worth it

Okay
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was not clean. There were spiders webs in the corners, stains on the shower curtain and the air conditioner in the room would not stay on.

The staff was very friendly. The location was easy to get to.

We won't stay here again, we wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Microwaves were filthy with food from previous people. Toilets were very dirty, bathroom sinks were not clean.

Our family had three rooms, none were up to our expectations.

We won't stay here again nor can we recommend it to anyone. Days Inn in El Dorado was much better.

We had three rooms, none looked like the pictures. Microwaves weren't clean, caked on food in all of them when we checked in. The toilets were filthy, behind the bathroom faucets had crud that I was able to clean off with wet paper towels. One room had a bed with a huge spider under the sheets. We changed rooms.

Unfortunately we didn't like anything.

never ever would mi stay here again .......to bad my phone wasen't working or there would have been

the whole hotel had a weird smell to it , in our room the the caulking was poorly done in the bathroom , the window ledger in the room was dirty, and had coffee stains that apparently hadn't been cleaned in some time, the outside window, needed to be cleaned badly thinking the rugs needed to be shampooed, inside the rooms as well as the hall ways , and or replaced, knows the maids have roughly 30 minutes to a room for cleaning would never stay in this place again !!!!!!!

beds were good ,clean and fresh towels the out door pool was very good

I was able to get a good night sleep. I enjoyed the bed and the shower. I loved the free breakfast
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I did not like the pool area. It looked old and the edges of the pool had missing pieces. It just look old. The lounge chairs were also old and broken.

I really liked the bed. I liked the fact they had continental breakfast. The orange juice was delicious.

Not recommended
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Looks very dated for $30 more i could get a much better place which i will next time.

Very dated, in the bathroom was old shampoo and stuff that looks itvwas from other guest that left it there. Also open water bottles on the table next to the bed. I rather pay a little more than stay again in this place.

it was good

you are working on the the hotel. which is good. just painting the bathrooms isn't good some of the paint has bubbled up.

the tranquility it was very peaceful.

would not stay there again.
    • Queen Suite - Smoking

I am not one to give bad reviews, but, the overall cleanliness of the room was sub par in the sense there were remnants of previous guests leftover. Candy wrapper under a night stand, and a bag in the freezer of the refrigerator that had something in it and was frozen to the bottom.

I appreciated the room was available on short notice

Served its purpose for one night but should be better for the price
    • Queen Room - Smoking

When booking on line, it was constantly stated that there was only 1 room left and that the place was fully booked. This was not true. When speaking to the clerk, she said they had numerous rooms available and if we wanted to change rooms she had several to choose from. The parking lots were not full when we returned to the room at 2 a,m, There were a lot of empty slots which also indicated vacancies The air conditioner filter had not been cleaned in awhile so I took them out and washed them myself in the bathroom. In a smoking room the filters should be cleaned regularly The bed spread had cigarette burns. The shower stall needs to be cleaned daily. It is stained and perhaps some cleanser or bleach to remove germs and the stains, I had to let the hot water run for a few minutes to alleviate possible germs before I stepped into it., The carpet needs to shampooed not just lightly swept over. You could not stand bear foot on the carpet, had to stand on a towel

Staff member on arrival for check in was very nice

I would never stay here again

The room Had crumbs still on the floor and was seemed overall rundown And I wouldn't have a shower as the tub needs to be replaced. I was actually surprised this hotel was a days inn

I liked the breakfast room It was large and bright The pool area looked nice

Do not go there.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Booked ahead of time through booking.com. $80.00. I was charged $180.00. I was tired from the road, and couldn't argue, even with a phone call earlier, bookit email with confirmation number in hand, etc. The shower was plugged up. Just an all around fail.

Tiny room.

A DISAPPOINTED GUESS
    • Queen Room - Smoking

very disappointed with some of the staff, and the condition of the room, the bedding had burn holes (blankets and spread.) I may be a smoker, but to be placed in a room with burn holds in these items is not good, pillow cases had someone else's makeup on it. Staff became upset when ask to change it. No chair to sit . Had to sit on the bed.. TV was to low to watch laying down in bed..

price was fair, guess you get what you pay for

Not good
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room itself needs to be updated and thoroughly cleaned. As soon as we walked in there was a piece of a glass bottle on the carpet among other crumbs and such. The room didn't appear to be well cleaned at all and made me question even sleeping in it. I have stayed at the days Inn in mystic before and it was fine but I would not stay at the groton one again. Not worth the money or the feeling of dirtiness.

The bed was comfortable and appeared clean.

I would never stay here again.

The place was dirty. It smelled like stinky food all the time. The air conditioner was very noisy and didn't regulate the temp. 4 of us checked in but there were only 2 wash cloths and towels given to us. The breakfast was bare minimum and the only fresh fruit was unwashed apples. The breakfast room was locked after breakfast was over at 930. No where to sit in the lobby. Pool was dirty and a lot of broken cement around the pool. From the road the place looks ok, but when you went inside it was a different story. This is not good for the Days Inn or Wyndham reputation. The Days Inn name is the reason I chose this facility.

Location was good and sufficient parking.

Didn't have enough towels in bathroom to accommodate 4 adults and we stayed 2 nights and our room was not cleaned nor towels replaced for the next evening. We had to go to front desk and request towels.

Location was good and sufficient parking.

Good Stay for the Price Paid
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Odd space in kitchen from missing stove that appeared to be removed but nothing has been replaced by it. Bathroom needed updated-nothing major that we didn't like given the price. Can't beat it!

Location great and the couple working the check in desk were wonderful! Attentive to needs, friendly, helpful and made our stay excellent! If you're looking for a quick stay, this hotel is fine. Not luxurious or glamourus by any means but was perfect for being in town for a wedding and weren't in the room much. Waffles were a hit for breakfast on the run. :) Can't beat the price and friendly staff made it even better!

4.5
    It's alright for what I paid for but the room are outdated and my light didn't work also no heat
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The rooms was a little outdated , my light didn't work the person next door from me was extremely loud and the heat didn't work but I didn't complain because I was there for. A couple of hours for a mary j blige concert .

They have a small pool , free breakfast easy check in

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Good, clean, convienent place to stay in Groton!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The casinos could have paid better!

Based on some of the previous reviews we were a little apprehensive about booking this property but were pleasantly surprised to find that the negative reviews were all incorrect. The room was impeccably clean and spacious.....the carpet looked new....the hallway and elevator were clean. The breakfast room was clean with great waffles, orange juice and coffee. The front desk folks were very friendly and helpful. One would be hard pressed to find a better place at twice the price! Casinos are just a 15 min drive and there are plenty of restaurants in the vicinity as well as a supermarket and Walmart just across the street.

Good value for the price!

Definitely needs to be spruced up - paint job, new rugs, and especially new curtains! Curtains were badly stained.

Place was clean, bed was very comfortable and shower was great! Suite with 2 queen beds was perfect, as well as free WiFi. Complimentary breakfast looked nice but didn't have time to sample.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Don't recommend
    • Queen Suite - Smoking

Had to leave 4 days early. Paid in cash. Paid the cancellation fee. But the manager owner did not refund me any money. Said I had to go through website. Which I can't get through via, email, phone nothing. Lost alot of money. I am a travel hospice nurse. Can't always predict stay time but have to always book in advance to secure a room. Unfortunately my client passed away before my days where up. I lost the money. I will not use this hotel company in the future not will I recommend it.

Clean, quiet, no bedbugs, price

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Average
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Had a smoking room. The floor reeked of cigarettes and the comforter on the bed had too many burn holes on it.

The breakfast service was very nice. Liked that our room included a tv, microwave, and coffee maker.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Over priced for what you get
    • Standard King Room - Smoking

Very small bathroom, no chairs or sofas in room, king bed could not move around much. Parking lot was all ice and dangerous especially for handicap like myself

Location and staff

the room had a distinct foul odor of marijuana that got...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

the room had a distinct foul odor of marijuana that got worse with the a/c or heat on. there was a broken sprinkler, missing smoke detector and the tub didn't drain. The toeels weren't freah, the light switches didn't work and when I pleasantly brought all of this to the attention of the manager, he offered $20.00 off the two rooms. My card was charged full price for both. Not worth the money spent.

Needs updating
    • Efficiency King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was cold. Could hear people in hallway talking and foot steps from people above us after midnight Pillows were flat and uncomfortable Room needs updating

close to casino

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

The price was good and surprisingly clean.

The shower made an extreme squeak the entire time and the fan didn't work it was beyond loud as well.

The price was good and surprisingly clean. The room was pretty big as well.

The room was clean, had been painted not too long ago, or...
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Both the sink and tub plugs were broken. One toilet seat attachment was broken and the top of the coffee pot appeared burned and scorched; which made it look dirty

The room was clean, had been painted not too long ago, or the paint was kept up with cleaning.

Looking forward on staying at Days Inn again soon.

No comments

Everything met my standards. Room were very clean and staff was very welcoming.

Not close enough to Mohegan Sun.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The room could have been more updated.

The room was extra large.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Moving to another state.stayed till I left.
    • Queen Suite - Smoking

I don't smoke and all they had left was the smoking section. The hall smelt like it was on fire.

What eggs. The bed was ok

The Days Inn was the least expensive with the best rating -...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The Days Inn was the least expensive with the best rating - a bargain. The staff was friendly, the room was adequate. The bathroom was just OK.

The room was big and very clean.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was a bit surprised that there was no elevator.

The room was big and very clean.

Confusing access sign off the highway

Confusing access sign off the highway

Convenient location.

Entering our room there was a terrible odor & had to spray it. Not sure if it was the a/c. That unit looked pretty moldy.

Convenient location.

Proximity to the highway
    • Queen Room - Smoking

The bathroom smelled of urine and there were cigar ashes on the bathroom fliir

Proximity to the highway

Clean but needs update
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rugs need to be replaced, stair at north end of build in bad shape, soft wood. Need to be updated

Worker were very nice

Good job by all

Good job by all

It could have been a little better
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The room we stayed in was very clean

The air conditioner in our room was not working properly

misrepresented
    • Queen Room - Smoking

the picure on line was not even the place.. false representation .. false location.. staff was not trustworthy

Terrible

The room was disgusting

Make sure you don’t accidentally get a smoking room!
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There was a stain in a towel, patched up hole on the bathroom door that wasn’t painted over. The WiFi was really bad.

Room was clean and comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Room was clean and comfortable. Good value for the price. Would recommend to others.