Reviews of Motel 6 Appleton 2 stars

210 Westhill Boulevard, Appleton, WI 54914, USA

#20 of 23 hotels in Appleton

5.9

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Very rundown and unclean I had long black hairs on all my sheets, the drains didn’t drain , the carpet was filthy, the comforters had stains and rips on them and I have several bite marks from bed bugs, the beds were very uncomfortable and “OLD” and there was no fresh fruit or granola bars not even coffee for a grab and go in the morning the only thing that was good about my stay was the friendly staff they were very polite and accommodating to the best of their ability.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed we were in was very stained and disgusting. It was a non smoking building but the hallways smelled of smoke. The bathroom drain wasn't working right. It was a horrid experience and I would never go there again, or recommend anybody ever go there. It was very unfortunate.

The crew was rather pleasant.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner did not work,no shampoo or conditioner,floor was broken in spots,old tvs,cracks in the walls,no fridge or microwave,like living in the70s,also dogs barking late at night,heater was hard to maintain..

Nothing,way out of date

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I had several concerns. First, the need to have all occupants of the room to have photo ID scanned for the purpose of security. Yet, a side door as far as I know was never locked and the frequent times that I walked to the front office desk it was unmanned. Second, I certainly understand the need to have a penalty for smoking in the rooms and the need to have a signature on file because the front and side entries had a severe smoke odor and cigarette butts were all over the ground. Finally, the carpet in our room was stained and the floor in the shower was “spongy.”

The price was right and the morning coffee was great.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No fridge or microwave in the room.. The lighting situation, have 3 lamps but they aren't very bright.

The staff was super helpful and friendly. Cody stood out to me of all the workers, I give him 5 stars, definitely deserves a raise :)

Everything was OK.

Very convenient location and an incredibly helpful staff. Jake and Danielle (I hope I got her name right) went out of their way to help my partner and I switch rooms after getting some noisy neighbors. Rooms (new and old) were nice and clean, too.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rude and unprofessional staff, pet urine and feces in room, room and bathroom were not clean, teenagers smoking marijuana in maintenance room and hallway, and staff complain about guests and bragging about not cleaning rooms.

The location was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Floors in rooms were not clean. Only front doors open from outside. Old television sets

Staff was really nice. Well lit inside and out. Pillows super fluffy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We could hear people talking who were chatting in the lobby and a car horn was in panic mode right outside our window. Neither thing was the motel's fault. Possibly better soundproofing? The room was basic, no micro or fridge, no shampoo, but I didn't expect it for the price.

Room was very clean, lighting ok, beds comfy, plenty of pillows, coffee great, price perfect!! Cody, who checked us in, was great! Kathie, whose name was on the housekeeping card, had done a great job.

It was a bit smaller then I expected and I had to ask for fresh Linens the only full service cleaning offered was on the day I checked out

It was close to where I needed to be and at a reasonable price

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

The place needs a major renovation across the board!

The location and staff are fine. The property is past time for a major set of renovations, remodeling, and upgrades. It's simply "very tired."

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We would have liked a late check out, we requested an extra hour and were denied. Even though it was obvious the place had cleared out. Housekeeping had us awake early cleaning rooms all around us, vacuums were kind of annoying. We're not morning people.

Exactly what you would expect from a Motel 6. Easy check-in, friendly staff, not too fancy, very comfortable.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

booked a double room, got a single with a full bed. Booked room for disability. There idea of that is a portable stool in the tub. Got a bed a full bed the size of a postage stamp. Didn't have a clock in the room. Lamp was missing light bulb.

price

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Hotel was not well lit in the hall way. Bath towels was extremely rough. Air proceed thru the windows when the temperature was 14 degrees

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything. The staff was rude. The room was dirty. Coffee in the morning was cold. Everything was completely awful!

Nothing. I liked nothing. My stay was awful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Update facility. Clean drains in shower/tub. Water backs up in room 222.

Ok Value. Good place to stay with other guy to go to game. My wife wouldnt stay there. Old needs updating.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very dirty. We found that the beds were hard. TV was from the 90’s and made popping sounds if you walked by it. Finger nails found on carpet, and yellowish stains on sheets. Also, as we were leaving noticed someone had thrown up right outside our door in the hallway.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I cannot think of one thing. I was very happy with my stay.

Staff very professional, polite, helpful and friendly. Entire motel very clean; my room was immaculate. I was very pleased with the motel and staff. I plan on being in Appleton over Christmas and will stay at the Motel Six because I am very happy with what I experienced.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We did not have room service during our two night stay, There was no coffee pot or iron or ironing board in the room

The staff was friendly and check in was quick and easy. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

I booked a 2 bed room and when I checked in, they had me booked for only one double bed. The staff person said that Booking.Com entered a one bed code in their system and they had no double beds left. She made no apology or tried to accommodate me in any way. Luckily I was traveling with my son so we shared a small double bed. I would not return.

The location. It is very close to Hwy 41.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

No breakfast or at least toast or something light for breakfast. No coffee maker in room. I am using instant coffee so that I can have coffee when I want it (all night long).

Staff helped me extend my stay without any problems even though the upcharge for the Green Bay Football game was exorbident . I understand that people will pay high prices for a game but it is ridiculous.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No refrigerator, no microwave, WiFi was open and not secure, no continental breakfast, laundry facility too expensive

Location, privacy, comfortable bed

Check in was flawless.

Old, beat up rooms. Walks were paper thin. Newlywed suite next door kept me awake with moaning. Other side had two kids running in and out of their room continuously. Would not recommend this hotel and will definitely not go back. Wifi did not work either. Very disappointing stay.

Room was not cleaned daily. Bed was not made daily. Towels not replaced daily. Please note the written hotel policy in the room indicated all of the above would be done daily; however, the front desk indicated they were not.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

I booked a room with 2 beds but they only had a room with 1 bed. They said the reservation from booking.com said 1 double bed. I disagree. They did let me cancel the second night in Appleton so I could book in Green Bay but it was more expensive. I believe a discount is in order. I'd like a phone call.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Property is in serious need of an update. Although it was clean, there were what looked like a couple of cigarette burns on the blanket, and the sheets were old and somewhat scratchy. The furniture was a little beat up

The room was clean and the staff was super friendly and helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

fridge was very loud when it ran so it kept you awake. gap under door was almost 2 inches allowing for more noise. carpet stained in many places. no pool workout room or breakfast.

nothing much

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I booked my room online months in advance for a wedding, the night before I was due to check in I got a call from the hotel stating that I had either pay in full that night or my reservation would be cancelled. Now when I booked the room I booked it as a pay at hotel upon arrival and I myself work for a hotel and I know you cannot force people to make a payment but they bullied me into making a deposit that night even though I had no money in my account because sadly I'm a broke college kid and was planning on paying cash when I got to the hotel and that caused my bank account to go negative and a overdraft fee so I ended up pay more due to fees. Now when I brought this up to manager at check in they were very rude and offered no compensation or room upgrade even not even an apology. Being that I work in Hospitality myself I do everything to make sure my guest is comfortable and happy, the hotel room was dirty the staff is rude and I was forced to make a payment I didn't have to make I will never stay there again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No breakfast option No radio or clock in the room Vending machine broken No tissue in the room Oops - wrong box OK for one night - probably will not return

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not much, I slept good and had a nice shower in the morning, just what I wanted and at a fair price. I guess too bad more rooms aren't already renovated, but that takes time and I understand that.

Jennifer checked me in, very kind and helpful. Danielle checked me out, very kind and helpful. Mark who worked there was friendly and I saw a renovated "NEW" room which he did the work. Very Nice, Very Sharp. I stopped there on my way to Green Bay and it worked out real nice for more. Easily worth the $40.00+ dollars. Real nice location, just off a main road. Hope to go again and stay in a "NEW" room this time!

Finishings were poor

Room was supposed to have fridge but there was just a gap full of wires where the Fridge was supposed to be. Room was a bit grubby.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not all rooms had a microwave. The tv selection could have been better at least a guide to know what channels you have because the tv only tells the number and your not from the area you don't know one channel from another. They need a tv package that has kids shows because on a Sat morning when the niece and nephews get up not one channel with any kids shows. I don't know about after 9:30 or so because we went to Mc Donalds and were gone the rest of the day after that.

It was easy to find and the group got there at different times but no problems with check ins. We didn't spend much time in the area but it looked like a good selection of restaurants with in a couple blocks or so. It had free Wi Fi but didn't have a chance to use it.

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Was not given the price rate I was quoted on Book It.. I was only supposed to pay $41.00 but ended up paying $48.00

Convenient location and friendly staff.

If you need a place to rest and clean up, this Motel 6 is ideal. No complimentary breakfast, no problem for us. Coffee was provided and it got the job done. Close to the Highway and close to restaurants makes a good location.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing in room ! no coffee pot no Kleenex no little extras ( shampoo, conditioner,hand cream ) no breakfast! Had to go to office for TV listings.

Bed was comfy

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Price was high for no pool or breakfast. Alarm/phone rang every morn at 4:24 AM. Beds uncomfortable--very hard. Running and screaming in halls all hours of the night.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sine we were attending a 3 day local event and just needed a place to sleep and shower, it was an excellent value for our money. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Since it is an annual event, we will consider staying there again next year or for a shopping trip to Appleton.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Carpet in the room was gross and felt like it hasnt been washed in years. Tub drained while my son was taking a bath so we had to stuff a towel to hold the water. Price isnt bad but think for longer stays they should make it or give a free night or two

Staff was great! They made sure we had a room with everything we needed. Never had to wait for assistance.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was very disappointed with the cleanliness of our room there was tooth paste on the shower curtain and Alison someone never washed the towels I started drying my body with a towel that had short curly hair all over it it was unacceptable.

It was easy on and off the interstate everyday w

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I was told that my reservation had been canceled although I had spoken to someone 2 days prior to secure late check in, as my flight was not arriving until 7:30 pm.. Upon my insistence, the clerk was able to give me the last available room at the original promised price.

Price

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I felt very unsafe staying at this hotel. It appeared that people were living there maybe through some sort of city voucher program? As we approached the secondary entrance to get to our room people were crowded around the door drinking beer and smoking. We later saw people in their cars drinking and smoking or just hanging out which seemed odd. The hotel is designated as non smoking so people are constantly right outside the entry doors smoking (including the staff) and this is not discouraged. On both mornings that we stayed we did awake to the powerful smell of smoke from neighboring rooms for those folks who didn't care about the rules. We were accosted for money on at least one occasion. A woman (outside smoking right near the door) had a small child which she prompted to say hi to us in a clearly practiced scam. She then stated she would be sleeping on the streets as someone stole money from her room. We had to rush to our car to avoid her. The rooms were not well cleaned. Tables had sticky stains that were not wiped. The carpet in one of the rooms was not vacuumed and trash was all over the floor. The doors to the rooms are so loud when closed that on several occasions we felt it shake the walls. This goes on until 1 or 2am in the morning making it very hard to sleep. You hear crying children often (again guessing people are living at the hotel). This hotel felt depressing and unsafe. I was surprised by the decent reviews it had which is why I had chosen it. While the cost is lower than other hotels in the area, it is still way too high for what we experienced. I would not stay here again or recommend it.

The beds were very comfortable. The hotel is relatively close to Green Bay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room had filthy looking carpet (cigarette burns & heavily stained), old / shabby bedding with stains and cigarette burns, shower would barely drain. No extras... no tissue, no cups, no toiletries. Rough / scratchy towels & sheets.

Price, location, staff, fairly quiet

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They told us we couldn't have our room even though we made reservations in advanced. We were denied the room, and had to leave. We came from out of town.

Noisy and people milling around the doors and window

Staff was excellent but hotel didn't feel safe. The person in the room above us was loud and stomped around all night.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the price was right for a quick overnite stay - don't expect small little extras - no shampoo in room, no lotion in room, no clock in room - the bathroom had several hairs on the floor and tub - they ask to photocopy your Driver's Lic, which we were told is kept on file for a while and then thrown away - I did ask for our pc back when we checked out so we could destroy it, with no problem.

definitely the price on booking.com

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Cops cars were always showing up everyday that whole weekend at Motel 6. The hallway was polluted with cigarette smokes... Wifi was slow.

Overall good price, early check-in was really nice on behalf of the facility.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This is, by far, the worse hotel I have ever stayed at. Smashed bugs on the ceiling, smoke stench, stains all over the carpet (in our room & everywhere), blood on my bedsheets, burn holes in my bed blanket, hairs & debris on the mattress-overall filthy & disgusting!

The only positive was the high pressure shower head.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was not clean. It was actually for my daughter and she cancelled right away as she wasn't comfortable staying there. Had a terrible time trying to get a refund on the remaining nights. I would not recommend.

Nothing except the price but you obviously get what you pay for.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Lobby smeled like cigarette smoke; desk clerk justified the issue I stead of apologizing. Hallway smelled like marijuana, location manager tried to cover up with air fresher that did not help. Staff was rude.

I liked that I chose not to remain as a resident of the Motel 6.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom door was partially off its hinges and would not open and close properly, the heater was stuck on high and the button I was supposed to push was broken out and there was nothing but a big hole in its place. I had to open the window to cool off the room--and it was 20 degrees below zero outside. The TV remote did not work properly. There was no alarm clock in the room and when I asked the desk clerk she told me I was supposed to call them for a wake-up call. However, in the middle of the night when I wanted to see what time it was I had to get up and turn the light on. Even the little things like shampoo were missing. If all I wanted was an uncomfortable bed this was the place!

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Just a tiny issue with placing the key card to get into the building through the side door. Our window screen was pulled out a bit, but we just made sure the window itself was locked.

Cody, the front desk gentleman, greeted us immediately after entering, a very warm welcome. When my husband called the front desk later to ask for another pillow, Cody was on top of it and so pleasant.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

called to see if we could check in early and the staff got our room ready for us, and allowed us to check in early. Jessie was very friendly and made us feel very welcome!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No facial tissues. Furniture was a bit long in the tooth. Need instructions in room for the heating system

Choice of room upstairs or downstairs. Flooring was nice laminate and clean. Walls were stuco and clean. Shower had good temperature and force.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Stains on carpets, bedding, so noisy, beds and pillows were horrible,(I slept in my clothes!) Room was so small, smell of cigarette smoke in room and hallways. Cars idling outside all night within feet of the bed, no idea who was coming or going all night- can only imagine. Last minute booking for a Packer game, nothing else available. Please don't ever make me go there again!

It was the only availability.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Outdated and not very attentive staff. They lack the basic necessities such as shampoo and soap. The staff was lazy and rarely at the front desk. The front desk phone rang almost 5 minutes before they picked up. Not clean facilities at all.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was really small and the floor and grout were dirty. Beds were not very comfortable, and the walls are thin, hear noise for a few hours after going to bed at midnight,

The staff was very cordial and the coffee and donuts were great.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The two rooms smelled of mold, or something of that nature. The sheets were dingy. Even the cookies they offered at the front desk were stale. Never again. I don't recommend this place...at all.

The A/C worked.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My luggage was delayed by the airline and was delivered to the hotel. The front desk should have called my room when it arrived but they didn't. I had to go down and get them to look for it. Also the TV was at least 20 years old.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shower curtain was not clean. Room was right over an exit door and we could hear the smokers going outside and talking at 1am. Price doubled because it was a packer game day. Bed was hard.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I understood the logic of having to show each of our drivers license but then did not understand why the external door was not a room key accessible only door

The check in person/lady was very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was small. Smelled musty.we bought an air freshener. Weekend staff was indifferent at best and down right rude at times.

SOME of the staff were terrific. Specifically the weekly staff.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My opinion this is my opinion of love

Nothing it was awful smell like animal urine neither one of my keys worked I had to weight 4 someone to open the door I was missing a flat iron so I couldn't iron my clothes

The lack of cleanliness, hair inthe tub, carpet color came off on my socks

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The lady at the front desk

• Standard Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not many tv stations. The water pressure in the shower was very soft.

It was comfortable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

For the price, it was what I would expect. I just needed a place to sleep. It’s not a hotel I would get to hang out or for vacation.

The noise

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Outside doors don't open from outside you had to walk all the way to the front door

Shower didn't drain properly

Clean & cost effective

Bed was really hard

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was extremely friendly. Room was neat and clean upon arrival.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Noise and dog poop outside by parking.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

bathtub could have been cleaner. mold at bottom edge of surround

it was nice and quiet

I was very satisfied.

The room was inexpensive, easily available, and located right where I wanted to be.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was very uncomfortable, and the room was very outdated,

The heat worked great...