Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Bakersfield 1.5 stars

818 Real Road , Bakersfield, CA 93309, USA

#43 of 54 hotels in Bakersfield

Based on 2035 hotel reviews

6.1

Dirty rooms. Dirty reception. Dirty hallway. 3 attempts to get a barely acceptable room without holes in wall, stains on bedding or food on floor. Murky pool. Homeless everywhere. Beggars asking for money as soon as we got out the car. Rubbish strewn outside main entrance where homeless had searched trash cans. Very sparse breakfast.

Firestone restaurant just around the corner. Great smokehouse sports diner.

Found food under bed...phone broken...had to sak for housekeeping3times...took 18 hours to get fridge. All my food spoiled...water in tub was brown...took picture. Cleaned it then was charged$12 for soiled towel...everything was bad bad bad...never got my rewards that I saked for.. Stayed 6 nights

• King Room - Smoking

I pretty much didn’t like anything about the property. Our room was dirty and things were broken in the room. The only thing that worked was the fridge. They wouldn’t move us to a new room till around 6pm the next day. The staff said they don’t even know if a room has a fridge or microwave in it till they go to clean but my room looked liked no one had been in it for years and whoever last checked out of it, the staff just never cleaned it. The floor was dusty, the bathroom didn’t look mopped, the bedsheets were stiff... it smelled like mildew in the room. Then, my sister had a better room and she paid less for hers, my fiancé even asked for a veteran discount and it was still more for our room. The pool was probably the worse.... I took my 2 year old son and 5 year old nephew to swim and the pool was filthy. People threw trash in the pool and continued to do it while we swam, the pool had no chlorine, it was really foggy and it looked like the staff went and swept whatever was on the ground into the pool. We went for a relaxing time and it ended up a nightmare... nothing but tweakers, stealing and selling drugs out of the place. We had to be put beside some and my fiancé overheard a couple tweakers talking about taking stuff. They even came bk with a truck and loaded things into the back. There’s no cameras around or signs about littering so... people think they can just be that dirty around there. The pictures of the place was nice but you can see that they were probably taken a long time ago when they first opened the place. Anyways, I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone sane and not a tweaker. If your a tweaker... well, then this place is for you.

The only thing I liked about the hotel was the location. It was in a nice location but everything else was horrible.

The one lamp was broke but staff was nice about it when I told them about it. The pillows were lumpy. Not enough outlets and one didn’t work.

It was convenient to where we were going. The staff was friendly.

• King Room - Smoking

it was filthy...loud..i wasn't comfortbale staying there..i didn't sleep, i didnt feel safe the neighborhood around the area looks really nice but for some reason i was afarid the whole time staying there...but the restuarant (sizzler) right next to hotel was really amazing..... i mean i know it was pretty cheap hotel ,i've stayed cheaper than Days Inn but at least it was clean and i felt safe...

Couldn't check in at 3PM, myself and others had to wait because rooms weren't clean. Room had two mixed matched towels, one wash cloth, no hand towel for two people. The cleark was annoyed when I asked for additional wash cloth and hand towel. The continental breakfast was toast, coffee, oatmeal, dry cereal.

Nothing, if I could have found another room I would have moved.

The room that was originally given to us was pretty dirty and had a lot of mosquitoes in ths room.

The staff was helpful and moved us when I brought it to their attention.

We are an older couple and had to walk up a flight of stairs with our luggage to our room. When we got in the room, it smelled musty. The water would never turn off in the shower and even though I requested it to be fixed, it never was. The outlets did not hold the prongs for our phone chargers and would slip out. The bed was so hard that I woke up hurting. I called the office for the WiFi password and they never answered the phone. I eventually got the password on the second night. On our last day as we were checking out, there were two police cars outside the main entrance and an officer inside the hotel lobby. It proves that you get what you pay for. Although, at this time we are disputing the charges because they charged us twice.

1. Smelled bad 2. Stains on sheets 3. Shower scolded u if anyone in the rooms flushed the toilet my son in law almost fell 4. T.V. stations were fuzzy 5. Only 2 towels 1 wash cloth for 4 people 6. Walls had holes that were poorly patched plus nasty stains on walls 7. Cracks in door jams could see daylight 8. Trashy outside broken glass in parking lot 9. Went out on balcony smelled pot 10. Breakfast consists of 2 different cereals toast and oatmeal 11. Our key didnt work 2nd day had to get a replacement late at night and only 1 key 12. Staff wouldnt let my daughter back in room unless she hsd the debit card with her that was on file I tried calling motel 2ce got no answer Overall horrible motel will never stay there again and I do not recommend it to anyone i paid 238 for 4 nights definitely not even worth that cheap

Pool was big Bed wasnt too bad pillows very small but comfy

It was not clean when we got to our room in the middle of the night one of the beds was broken and the first room smelled

Checking out of the hotel was nice

Shut down and fixed up

Total run down dump. Looked as though people were living there. Embarrassment to Wyndham resorts. Go across the street to super 8 or Ramada next door.

The room had a "wet" smell as we walked in. The carpets looked worn out and dirty from the lobby to the room. Water in the shower kept going from warm to really hot. We also called the front desk numerous times with no answer to ask for additional towels. We never got any towels in 2 days and kept getting different stories about them looking for towels.

The beds were really comfortable and spacious as well as the room. The room had a balcony facing the pool. The pool looked very nice but i didnt get a chance to take a dip.

A majority of the lights at the property were not on, making the front of the hotel and most of the corridors very dark and unappealing. The front desk clerk was not very greeting. The overall vibe of the property and the neighborhood was extremely hinky and my fiance and I did not feel very comfortable at all. The bed was like laying on a rock and the pillows were square bricks. Other guest were being very noisy right outside my room late into the night. The only good thing was that it was cheap. Guess you get what you pay for...

There was a Wendys right across the street

At the reception they gave us the room that had already been occupied. Then they changed it. It took about half an hour to finally get in the right room. Very bad smell in the hallways. The light in the bathroom didn't work. Wifi didn't work. We notified the reception, but they didn't manage to solve the problem...

Spacious room, comfortable bed.

Rooms were outdated and their were stains everywhere.

This place was one of the worst hotels I have ever visited. The location is horrible, the building itself is horrible. Lots of fixtures and maintenance needed. The layout is scary,water was leaking everywhere. It smelled like marijuana everywhere just getting to our room. The ratings of this hotel do not match what I would consider a good or even ok hotel and the cheap rate wasn't worth my car being broken into. The staff was amazing and courteous though.

Place was a mess. Couldnt sleep because i was getting bug bites all night. By the end of my stay i had over 25 bug bites on my arms and back switched rooms and still had issues with bugs. The picture on the web site are false looks nothing like the pictures. Had other guest walk into my room becauss the door didnt latch very well. First room they gave smelled like cigarettes. Dogs barking all night.

The staff was okay

The room was insanely hot. Even with the cooling on as low as possible.. there was also a lot of hair in thw drain of the tub making it so the tub didnt drain properly.

It was a comfy bed. Easy to get yo the hotel and a great price.

Huge roaches, bedbugs, horrible oatmeal breakfast, bad water pressure, outdated rooms, people in and out all night, unsafe neighborhood at night, staff takes no initiative

The bed king size was broken, the gate was to hard to open you had to find staff to open it, there were a lot of coach roaches outside and that’s because the dumpster area was terrible.. there was a crack at our door which could let and friends crawl right threw!!

How easy it was to book with you guys

Very bad WiFi. Does not work in rooms, should go to lobby and use it there. We saw a cockroach in the room. It’s ok to spend a night there when you traveling though but don’t expect too much. I have much better experience with other Days Inn locations.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Pool was dirty. Room had roaches.guest smoking marijuana whild my kids were swimming. Told staff and they didn't do anything about it. I guess you get what you pay for

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Overall condition of room was dingy and very threadbare.

Super run down, dirty/dingy, huge cockroach in the bathroom! Had to go "fetch" my own towels. Just so neglected....property was horrible.

nasty carpet bedbugs air conditioning didn't work staff was AM STAFF WAS RUDE

we had BEDBUGS IN OUR FIRST ROOM AT 1AM I WAS BIT ASKED TO BE MOVED HAD BEDBUGS IN THAT ROOM I WAS BIT 12TIMES.

There was a huge area of black mold in the shower and carpet was filthy and the people in the neighboring room said their room had bed bugs....

Well, a few things. Incompetent receptionist at night time of my stay. Noisy air conditioner in the room. No very fresh linen and towels. The fact that I have to ask for the fridge, when it was advertise that it is in the room. I din't like the fact that the desk chair was broken, and the armchair in the room had broken legs and the receptionist answer was : "I think they are used for decorations only". What if I didn't moved it before sitting on it and broke my neck? How decorative it would be then? Breakfast? I'm sorry but I wouldn't call it that.

Beds were comfortable and parking was handy. Swimming pool looked Ok, but I was spending there only 1 night so wasn't that important for me at all. But many other things which I saw on the photos were, but.... The photos provided on the Booking.com are not really showing that the chairs in the room are broken and can't be used, that the linen doesn't feel fresh, that the fridge and microwave is not really in the room (you have to ask for it), that the person in the room above your room would be opening balcony door until 4am and receptionist is not doing anything about it. And then in the morning another receptionist is telling you that they can give you $4 discount and you don't know that either to cry (because sleepless night) or laugh (well, I don't want to be rude...). Breakfast?! There is no breakfast just grab whatever you can and go. Then almost 3 weeks later the hotel didn't contacted me in any way about my complaint. That was the worst hotel I ever stay anywhere in the world.

Cleaners were very friendly, but all welcome desk staff were unhelpful! There are no facilities to get drinking water or any sort of drink in the whole hotel!! Then when asked welcome staff where we could find water (we were happy to pay) he said no there is nothing like that here... I don’t even know where you can get water!! A very old crumbling hotel, don’t stay more than 1 night!

The pool was amazing, but not the cleanest!

Poor breakfast, only bread and coffee, nothing wasm. There was dogs poop at the path to room in the evening and morning, so nobody cleaned it.

Low price

Bugs in the bed and bathroom. Swimming pool was disgusting. The limited amount of beds next to the pool had torn cushions and had mold on them. Housecleaning started their routine around 8.30 pm with loud walkytalkies.

If we would of came in when it was dark we wouldn't of found the hotel, no outside lights on {few on the roof but trees blocked them}, walking thru the pool area to our room we used the lighting from the open door to out section of the hotel. Really need lights working to get around. The grounds needed to have the palm tree stuff picked up.

fairly easy to locate

Well to say it’s tired is an understatement but you get what you pay for. 2 people reported cars being broken into so make sure you take all your stuff into the hotel with you.

Staff were really nice and we paid just £30 for a double room whilst W route to Vegas. It was very quiet and bed comfortable.

I don’t know the area but two cars got their windows broken into.. another huge No no was that the rooms smelled humid.. my sister who specifically requested a “Non smoking” room actually smelled had a very bad penetrating cigarette smell. AND the rooms have cockroaches. Big ones! Curtains are stained and dirty. They include breakfast and when I grabbed one of the “Lipton” tea bags, there was cockroach pop on the bags lol it was grossed. I wouldn’t stay there ever again and definitely will not recommend anyone stay there.

I liked the access to the pool area thru the sliding door, the staff was friendly and gave good service, price was good and breakfast is included.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

It was dirty, it looked very ghetto, it looks nothing like the pictures they have posted . The pool area was dirty the chairs where all ripped, the ceiling in the lobby was leaking water. At first they gave me a smoking room when we went it was so nasty it looked dirty the carpet had a bunch of stains on it, just being in there you felt dirty too,I went back to the front desk and asked to get my roomed changed and for a non smoking room, the lady was nice and she changed us rooms. But lwe were all itching when we woke up in the morning we noticed little bumps. The saying you get what you pay for goes perfect. You want cheap you get cheap. I learned my lesson next time I would rather spend more but be in a good clean place than to get something cheap. I will never go back to this place.

Too bad the jacuzzi heater wasn't working, we couldn't relaxed. Housekeeping never showed up to clean rooms or leave clean towels and went myself to the front desk to get clean towels

Kids love the pool, we like the price for three nights stay it's a great value

The facility is poorly maintained. Landscaping isn't maintained, poor lighting in the hallways, there are missing fire extinguishers throughout the facility, exit gates locked, as a fire department official if this facility were in my jurisdiction, there would be numerous violations written up.

A good value.

I didn't get a safe feeling from the property. There's an abandoned bowling alley behind it and it's a little scary. We parked by the office to feel a little after leaving our car in the parking lot. Our king room did not have a king bed. Water pressure was awful. Hot tub was extremely crowded. Continental breakfast was unimpressive.

Cheap. Nice pool area.

The place was a complete dump. There was broken glass in the parking lot, the front door to the lobby had shattered glass in it, the staff moved my daughter from a back parking lot room to a courtyard room because there are shady characters after dark, my daughter was harassed in the daylight in the parking by thugs as she unloaded her vehicle and then staff would not refund her stay when she asked to cancel her reservation because she did not feel safe on the property. DO NOT STAY HERE. Very unsafe area!

Absolutely nothing.

This facility needs a complete remodel. Multiple stains on ALL carpets. Furnishings falling apart. Air conditioning units inoperative in some rooms. The place just looks run-down and tired.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

No ashtrays in smoking room, The water fluctuates hot cold in shower. The towels were like sandpaper. See through thin and so rough I had to dry off with a hand towel. The hot tub was not working.

The bed was comfortable

• King Room - Smoking

The room smelled of mold, the carpet was coming up, shower curtain was dirty, the curtains to the patio door were falling off the rod. The pillows were very small, the size of throw pillows small, the hallway was dirty, it was just a ran down hotel. I would not stay at this hotel ever again.

Nothing..

Quite noisy from upstairs and outside. Breakfast was a bit poor and not well adjusted for the amount of people. There was a constant line for the only toaster.

Comfortable, clean, spacious. Cheap.

Door to room did not lock. Facilities were dilapidated and worn out. Juice machine was broken, and apparently had been for some time. My room was not made up during the day. TV barely worked. The general look of the place was just old, tired and sad.

the holes in the corridor ceilings, dripping NO WI-FI was the worst of all, I was planning on doing online work! Should be refunded! garbage area was totally disgusting

nothing....I found it a disgrace to Days Inn eggs you say?.....no eggs only watery oatmeal

Got charged extra 25$ after I checked out. Not sure why. And the only towels they had when we checked in were hand towels and that’s hard to dry off with. Lol

Nice location. Great staff

They could have a computer to use as travelers sometimes need one. it was a bit dark in the room.

You can park easily and the staff is helpful. The room was big and the breakfast good with cereals coffee and toast with jam.

Our stay was during an intense rainstorm. The roof leaked in the lobby and hallway. Courtyard flooded. The gate from parking area was broken. Had to climb the fence. First room we found the hot water tap was leaking, the whole room was fogged up and super humid. Unfortunately smelled like mold was starting. Staff let us switch to an open room which was much nicer. The newer room had better ac unit, but still felt a little bit run down.

They advertised on their website they have a waffle station that they don’t do anymore. They take photo copies of your drivers license without disclosing it up front. They also store the photocopy to the reservation.

This place was poorly kept and scary. The parking lot was loaded with trash and the visible curtains were old and tattered.

There was no up side here.

The only issue that we have when we stay at this property,is the pillow size... The look like someone took a chain saw and cut the into thirds... If anything that I would suggest, is get regular size pillows for the beds... The beds a very comfortable.. but it gets old fighting those throw pillows that you would see on a couch..Who ever sold the person that is in charge of the purching did a big dishonor to your Hotel.., this might not ever get taken into consideration, but it is a big loser and very unconfertable...

Lupe is such a joy to work with she always takes care of all of our needs and answered all of our questions...No matter how mean other people are to her she is always professional and calms them down and does the best she can.. We have seen her in action, I would have told some of them to leave, but she works her Magic and calms them done and takes care of them... Also all of the staff were polite and helpful whenever they are called upon...

The whole outdoor area was quite badly maintained. Things swimming in the pool, broken chairs, dirty and damaged lounger cushions, cigarettes on the floor, lawn hadn't been mown for months. A pity since with some investments it could really be great there.

- Large pool area - Clean spacious room - Breakfast included and quite good - Good family friendly price

My room was on the side of the highway....it was a bit noisy....but I finally fell asleep coz I was so tired of my drive!

Great place for a little night sleep. Comfy bed. Clean.

Poor condition of facilities and landscaping overgrown. Grass was a foot high! Not enough outlets in the room for property supplied items let alone anything you may need to plug in. And the one outlet accessible wouldn’t even hold the plug.

Easily accessible from the freeway. Has the potential to be a great property with a little maintenance, paint, and up keep. Seems like Management just doesn’t care. The repairs that have been made are shotty at best.

Carpets in hallways and room were very dirty, bed soft and worn out,ceiling with evidence of numerous leaks that had been poorly patched, very noisy. Desk attendant was preoccupied with numerous friends that were hanging out.

The place was run down with stained carpet, the odors were awful, the pool was not available for use, overgrown weeds everywhere, so gross we didn't even feel comfortable bringing our luggage inside.

Bed was comfy, bedding was clean

Did not have a fridge in the room but i probably did not ask for it in the reservation assuming there was one . Otherwise very good value for the money and got cash back with Booking.com.

Street sign was dark, didnt work, couldn't see from street!!! Long-term tenants were clearly hustling pimp/prostitution. Hand-written, cardboard sign taped to their door!!! Overgrown yard/lawns... Mold on ceiling, shower and toilet.

Front desk attendant was very nice, even though she was only staff present....poorly under-staffed. She had to go hunt down and fold our towels.Hotel sign was not lit, was told it hadnt worked in a month! The lawns were overgrown, mold present on ceiling, mold in shower. Place smelled bad. Prostitution and loud fighting/yelling occurred!!! Terrible.

All that was promisd during booking that was expected was not available at all. Very disappointing. The staff ignored myself and another forest while she did paperwork and the make chated away with another guest about non hotel related topics and ignored us.

The entrance door wasn't next to another.

As I mentioned before the room we were given was in the first floor and the entrance we had to use was was to the left of main entrance. It looked abandoned and dirty but once we got to the room it was clean

When I booked my room through booking.com I had asked for the room to be wheelchair accessible and somehow the notes weren’t there. I was given a second floor room but when I told the receptionist he immediately found me a room on the first floor he apologized a couple of times even though wasn’t his fault. I truly appreciate it.

The remote was missing, which ended up being a very minor inconvenience as the television was too staticky to watch anyway. There was a big dead bug on the bathroom floor, but that wasn’t really that big of a deal for me. The hotel was really leaky and water damaged though. Not really a problem in my room, but I heard some other guests complaining about a rather large puddle that had formed in front of their door. Maybe avoid this hotel on rainy days...

The room was clean enough

La habitación tenia mala la luz del baño y el secador. El balcón quedaba hacia la California ave y se escuchaban pasar los carros en todo momento. El desayuno muy pobre, solo cereales y panes.

La atención del personal, la economía y la ubicación. Lo reservamos una hora antes y no hubo ningún inconveniente. Fue bueno porque pedimos la habitación de no fumadores, en el pasillo de las de fumadores, había un olor muy fuerte.

WHEN YOU PULL UP THE FRONT OF THE HOTEL YOU SEE CRACKED WINDOWS SLIDING DOORS. DIDN'T HAVE A FRIDGE AND MICROWAVE IN THE ROOM AND WHEN ASKED FOR ONE I HAD TO WAIT FOR 2 HRS. BEFORE I HAD TO CHECK WITH THE FRONT DESK. THE PHONES DIDN'T WORK. THE TV REMOTE WASN'T CLEANED AND CRACKS IN THE WALLS. BUILDING WASN'T BEING MAINTAINED OR THE LAWN. A LOT OF HOMELESS WALKING NEXT TO THE HOTEL AND THE SECURITY GATE DIDN'T LOCK WAS BROKEN SO ANYONE COULD GET IN.

THE HEATER AND AIR CONDITIONER WORKED. SOME STAFF MEMBERS WHERE VERY FRIENDLY. BEDS WERE OKAY.

Hot tub was cold. Place is getting really run down. There seems to be a shortage of towels. Every time I stay, housekeeping always has to deliver missing towels. They have removed microwaves and refrigerators from the rooms. And now they are charging a deposit. For what? There is nothing worth taking from the room and the rooms are in poor shape so it’s highly unlikely there would be damage.

Price and location

I actually had an issue with my bathroom it took them almost 2 hours to bring a plunger as we were leaving the hotel the roach crawling on the wall. However I will give credit where it's to the gentleman that checked us into the hotel had an excellent attitude in the staff was pretty nice and cool overall I also felt some type of way in regards to the other room had a flat screen TV in the room I was in had a 1990 something television in it and I was the one that made the reservations just saying thank you

Old hotel, really old. Rooms was dirty and smells that somebody before us smore there all the day. we need to sleep in rooms fully dressed and open the window all the night. No comfort at all. Cheap breakfast and homeless people eat next to us breakfast. It was terrible.

No comments

Old, really old hotel. If it is possible, do not choose that hotel. We asked for kind size bed, they gave us 2 queen size beds. In rooms looks like somebody smoke before us. We need to open our room window all the night. Bed sheets was dirty. We need to sleep fully dressed. Cheap breakfast.

Only negative things.

The only reason I chose this hotel was for the hot tub, which was not working when I stayed there. I should have stuck with my first choice, which was right across the street!! Not a happy camper! AND people were smoking pot, which reeked throughout the walkways. YUK!!

If I HAD to pick something, it was walking distance to Sizzler. That's about it!

• King Room - Smoking

There was mold on the ceiling in the bathroom shower, I let the front desk know they said they would have someone come clean it. That did not happen. I also asked if we could have a down stairs room because my husband is handicap and it is hard for him to clime stairs and that did not happen. Other wise everything was good.

We had a nice comfortable stay. The rest of the room was clean and the bed was nice and comfortable.

Tv was really old and only about 10 channels worked. Asked for a blanket that was never brought. The grounds were not keep neatly and the complimentary breakfast was a joke. Cereal, toast and oatmeal.

The beds were comfortable

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was in need of remodeling and many of the amenities were out of service. The bikers convention kept everyone up all weekend.

The toast for breakfast was good.

• King Room - Smoking

I had expected far more from a Day's Inn. They gave me a gate code for a gate that was hanging open. In the back where I was located the handicapped parking area had broken glass, presumably from a previous break in. There was no smoke detector, just bare wires hanging out. The latch was broken & the tv signal was poor. The view from the rear sliding door was what appeared to be a boarded up night club. The porch was covered with dead leaves.

The price was ok and the room except for a few things noted below was comfortable. There was breakfast of sorts. At least there was oatmeal.

Nothing. It was a 3 star hotel, that has had multiple shootings in there parking lot and they tried charging me $250 for deposit and they wouldn't let me pay in cash like other hotels when I use booking.com

• King Room - Smoking

The hall ways smelled of yern and the only vending machine didn't work. I'm handicapped and I was there at 11:30. I was told I couldn't check in till 3. I wasn't happy.

The rates were good, the room was clean

The heater didn't work, no chair in the room. We asked for those when we checked in and still waiting for... No soundproofing at all and breakfast room was not big enough for all the customers.

room size

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

My stay was a nightmare they could not accommodate. My disabled mother and refused to. They moved our room 3 times and wanted to charge us. My daughter was unable to sleep do to all the partying of the neighbors. Most of the staff was extremely rude. I would never stay here again

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Stayed in handicap room, bath floor is slippery as ice after shower with wet feet. Someone is going to get seriously hurt if not fixed

Close to food choices

Bed bugs tv didnt work had to move rooms twice...1st room tv didnt work and the second room the channel we specifically wanted to watch big brother didnt work but we didnt say anything and then we ended up finding bed bugs so then we went to another room..we should have asked for our money back but they probably wouldn't have given it.

Browse Days Inn by Wyndham Bakersfield traveller photo gallery