Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Bloomington West 1 stars

7851 Normandale Boulevard, Bloomington, MN 55435, USA

#40 of 41 hotels in Bloomington

6.1

Would book elsewhere next time, though I'm not 100% dissatisfied with my stay.

The carpets in the hall were not secure into base boards or threshold of room doors. Tripped a few times over the carpet lip while going in and out of my room. The cleaning detergent or chemical used in rooms left a strong odor that made my allergies act up. This is a pet friendly hotel, and though I love dogs, again...allergies. Didn't know this before booking. Hotel is in desperate need of updating. Like ten years ago...

Rooms were clean, though in dire need of TLC. Staff was friendly and welcoming. Parking was easy. Good water pressure and constant source of hot water. No cold showers here! Access to sites and shopping within reach.

6.0
    Overall..Not happy
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Booking was messed up. Took 45 minutes to check in.. charged wrong rates. Issues go on and on. Not happy at all with stay

Close to major attractions

There was not a-lot too like
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very tired and dated, swimming pool out of order as no heater no Wi-Fi, breakfast was hit and miss, would not recommend.

There was not a-lot too like

Housekeeping did an amazing job cleaning our room.

There was stains on carpet everywhere. Bathroom door was hack sawed on bottom. Breakfast was horrible. Air conditioner barely worked. Pool was freezing

Housekeeping did an amazing job cleaning our room. The guy who checked us in was so friendly and so was one of the guests who must have been a regular.

Was under construction and we weren’t told, and the beds...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Was under construction and we weren’t told, and the beds weren’t comfy. The shower clogged and the water was slow to go down. The toilet didn’t have a cover.

I will never go back or recommend this place.

No extra blankets or pillows in the whole hotel. Breakfast was too simple and the eggs i'm not sure are they came from. Heavy metal shower rod fell on my daughter's head and they've done nothing. Management doesn't communicate.

That it was a hotel to sleep in.

Rooms were clean and nice size.

Pool was closed pretty much the whole time we were there. Little selection on the breakfast. Staff seemed crabby when we asked questions.

Rooms were clean and nice size.

Left a little to be desired...

The location felt a little shady. The air conditioner was broken. Refrigerator smelled like spoiled milk.

Big, comfortable bed. Close to Mall of America.

If it was $30 a night it would be great.

My Tv didn’t work .. the carpets throughout were filthy, my room was clean at first glance but the lamps were filthy,pillows were flat, called down to front desk and nobody would answer. Breakfast omg where do I began the boiled eggs were sour and the scrambled eggs were hard , so I decided I’d have and orange but it was old too, after trying them I just had a coffee. I’ll never stay at that location again.

They at first sent us to someone else’s room, where there...

They at first sent us to someone else’s room, where there was a dog that was barking nonstop, then we got to the right room went to turn the A/C on and it barely works, we went to the pool and it was nasty. Also around the time of check out the hallway becomes a party scene, and finally my car was towed out of their parking lot and the attendant on duty had no idea.

It was a place to sleep but I didn’t feel very safe

It was old and run down. Appearance was dirty. There weren’t any locks on the outside doors so anyone could walk into the buildings from any entrance. Staff seemed unorganized and didn’t want to answer my questions. I was just not very impressed. People were smoking right outside the doors so we had to walk through that when we had to come into the building and when we left the buildings

Won't stay again or recommend.

No hair dryer, could hear neighboring room noises, went to breakfast half hour before closing and nothing was left not even coffee.beds not comfortable.

Very clean

I went to check out and no one was at the counter I stood...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I went to check out and no one was at the counter I stood there for 10 mins waiting. I finally called the front desk and the guy that was supposed to be at the front desk was making himself breakfast and saw me standing there and didn’t come to help me until I rang the front desk. He was very rude and never thanked me for my stay.

The worst experience ever

Everything for the price I paid

The pool did not work they didn't have any extra pillows or covers there was a men in front of the building using foul words seemed like he was drunk and loud

I was concerned that the security door was open at all times.

I was concerned that the security door was open at all times. This causes me to feel unsafe, as at any given time anyone can wander in to the facility. Also, the tv was very challenging to operate!!

Terrible

They didn't have towels. Tv don't work. Vending machines didn't work people hanging in the front of the building drinking and smoking. Omg. Terrible

Everything was great

The only thing I didn't like was the housekeeping service doesn't knock on the doors before coming into the rooms I was still sleeping and housekeeping tried to get into my hotel room and I didn't know who it was until I got dressed and opened the door to see who it was

Everything was great

They have free coffee 24 hours a day with a free shuttle to...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were no elevators and the hot water in the shower was hard to figure out.

They have free coffee 24 hours a day with a free shuttle to and from the airport and Mall of America. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The price was very good and I would definitely stay here again. I didn't swim in the pool but it was heated and looked nice. I also didn't eat the breakfast but it looked good and people looked happy while they were eating it.

Don't bother

The place had a terrible staff and it was also not clean. I've never had a more uncomfortable hotel stay in my life.

I did not like anything about it

Great people, friendly place, we would definitely return.

Pool area was not cleaned overnight, same dirty bandage that was in front of the steps into the pool was still there the second day.

Beds were comfortable, place was nice… Good breakfast, friendly staff!

I thought it was a great value for the money.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was very hard and made for lots of tossing and turning. I would've liked a warm fuzzy blanket. I had to turn the heat on for a couple of hours for the room to be warm enough to sleep with the minimal bed coverings.

I loved the machine that automatically made fresh, fluffy pancakes. There was a good selection of items for breakfast.

Staff was friendly but room wasn't ready.

Before we even left to start traveling I called the hotel to make sure reservation was there which it was. When we got to the hotel our reservation was there but there were no clean rooms. Keep in mind this was well after the start of check-in time. The overnight staff member had to go and quickly clean a room. When we got into the room finally the TV didn't work so the staff member had to come down and fix the TV also the phone jack had been painted over or glued over and no longer were so the phone was not even plugged in good thing for cell phones

The staff was absolutely amazing!

It was a nice quiet experience at my stay.😃
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Construction area on 1st floor.

The staff were very helpful answering questions and helping with my room. Especially staff lady behind the desk (Katina) she was very nice and informative.

I will pay more to stay at another location next time.

The toilet was plugged when we got there, it plugged every time it was flushed. The pool deck was VERY slippery. My kiddos fell a total of 5 times and I watched other kids fall as well. The water was cold.

The staff was friendly and helpful. It was in a good location.

red ants don't need towels or shampoo.

see above comments

Hi; the eggs were a little overdone, the bed was not fluffy which is a good thing, I don't like fluffy. There was no shampoo or conditioner, I had to go and ask for some. They didn't give us any towels, I had to go and ask for some, they didn't have any at the desk, I had to wait for someone to bring them. The real problem was a bunch of red ants in our bathroom. My wife killed a couple of dozen and we told the front desk, I hope they did something for the next person using the room. We rented two rooms for two nights, I think you guys could have done a better job. We are choice members and stay in Minn. every month. I don't know if I would stay again. Is there a reason that I should give you anoter chance? mike

Probably will try very hard to avoid Days Inn next time.

The beds were clean, but the pool had hair floating in it, and it was very, very cold. The hallways smelled musty, but thankfully, the room did not. The hotel was available when others were already booked, and that really should have been our first red flag, but we needed somewhere to stay.

Liked the ability to get away from our day to day craziness and just sleep in

The immense amounts of weed smoke coming from down the hall and the crazy kids that almost knocked my son into the deep end of the pool. But i know that’s not the hotels problem

The pool

Great for a last minute night stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I had to move rooms due to location, dark entryway and issues within the room. The top blankets are thin and the rooms are severely outdated. Also some of the doors around back were not locked and we were able to just walk in.

I had a place to sleep. Great for quick stays or last minute hotel decision.

Great to sleep not relax for entire trip
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was not available! The side entrance door would slam close whenever it was opened. Even though it is non-smoking, It smelled like smoke quite often. Especially right by the entrance! And it was very dull and dark!

The staff was very nice and It was about a 10min drive to Mall of America!

NEVER AGAIN!

Nothing in the room worked. Including the door locks. It was beyond disgusting! I wish we would have just left and went to a different hotel! I never imagined a hotel stay could have been that awful! Didn't even know if we would have a vehicle when we returned. We FINALLY did get our vehicle! Never ever will stay at a Days Inn again! Horrible experience! Turns out, we were not the only horrified guests! Just glad it's over!

I thought the price was good when we booked the hotel. They had park and fly. Turns out, we would have been better off parking at airport and sleeping in our vehicle. Took 2 and a half hours for them to get us from airport! The entire experience was beyond awful! NEVER again!!

Facility was nice and clean.

Thin walls. The room next to money must have had lots of kids. Too many kids at the pool. There should be an allotted time for adults only.

Facility was nice and clean. Seemed new. Very comfortable. Some hotels feel gross. Not this one.

My husband and I wanted to get to Minneapolis before a...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My husband and I wanted to get to Minneapolis before a snowstorm and this hotel was the perfect answer at the last minute. Clean room, friendly staff, good breakfast and an excellent rate through Booking.com

For the cost, it was what we expected.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Tile flooring ripped up and unfinished in hallway, as well as duct tape holding carpet together. Old, yellow, flat pillows. Toilet was not functional. We had to turn the water on when we got there to use it, and then it ran the whole time we were there.

It was so noisy at night.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was so noisy at night. There was a family, they booked two rooms they were using both rooms they had their kids, they were laughing and talking Lowed. I tried calling front desk the phone was not plugged in. 1 am and kept talking, I had to give up and put my ear plugs. I’m not satisfied with the service at all. And I will never visit your hotel or recommend it for anybody.

House keeping did great during are stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Found a weave under are mattress. Cable was confusing. No extra pillows bed hard. Wash didnt work at the hotel.

House keeping did great during are stay. Pool is nice. Didnt eat the breakfast but smelled good. Had ice taking up are enterance up until the day befor we left

Worst customer services, temp of water in pool was freezing! And it was feezzing in pool room when watching my kids! Staff said she didn't have access to turn up! She was very rude

It wasn’t very clean at all.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It wasn’t very clean at all. It was supposed to be smoke free and the hallway smelled like weed and smoke. The beds were super uncomfortable. There was no elevator so I had to literally pull my suitcase up the stairs.

It was one terrible stay.

We did NOT enjoy our stay, the hallways to the rooms the carpets were ripped I trip because my suitcase got caught on the ripped carpet, the outside was not salted down so anyone could have slipped on this property and you would have had a lawsuit! The room across from us was smoking weed and you could smell it all night and day! One of the beds in our room had a peettt good sign stain we notice the next morning. The pool was cold the water wasn’t warm or enjoyable. Lastly the food was terrible. We will NOT be staying here again.

The staff was nice from checking in and checking out. Very understanding.

Good people and nice breakfast
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel is in the process of updating, I got an room in need of repairs. Carpet in hallways buckled,loose and tripping hazard. No cover on bath lighting

Nice breakfast selection, staff is very friendly and accommodating

It was okay for the few hours we stayed (8:30pm-10:30am) but it could of definitely been better.

The hotel itself was kind of unappealing. The laundry room on first floor was a mess, the hotel room had a lot of little things that should of been changed. For example pen scribbles on one of the mattresses, melted crayon or something on the floor, and a cut in the seat of the desk chair. All little things that could of been fixed to give the hotel a nicer feel.

Bathroom door didn't open or close easily.

Bathroom door didn't open or close easily. It was warped. Night staff was rude. Our door didn't latch properly and there was no maintenance on staff to look. Didn't feel safe.

They had hot water.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Let me tell you oh dear where do I begin... first of all the hotel room smelled like straight up ass when I first entered the room. Most of the tv channels that were interesting where not available. The only funny thing on tv was the little woman Atlanta. The towels were too short for my large body. The morning of checkout the housekeeping staff were very rude and loud. They came knocking at my door startling me at around 10:20am almost two hours before the time set for checkout. I thought I was being raided. Definitely going back though the price was alright just like the experience. Lol.

They had hot water.

The staff was friendly and accommodating in light of the...

There was an issue with my first room.. they switched us to a different room.. in my opinion, regarding that issue, i think a refund would have been appropriate.. but, the staff was kind and understanding regarding that issue. Needless to say, I won't be staying there again.. kind staff is all good, but it is not enough.

The staff was friendly and accommodating in light of the issue with my first room.

Okay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Be honest on website about #of people the car will hold even on the managers special. Also making sure that the things that are in the room works. I can understand about 1 room, but 5 I have a problem with.

The faucet on the bathroom sink literally fell right off...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The faucet on the bathroom sink literally fell right off half way through our stay. Corroded right through. The staff seemed to be unhappy there and I overheard one staff member dropping f bombs and complaining about the place. The front desk dude always had his friends hanging out with him in the lobby. The cops were there every day we were there.

Inexpensive place to stay.

Phone and cable did not working in the room!! So we had to change rooms. The times for breakfast were not posted so my kids did not receive or receive very little for breakfast!

The woman at the counter was pleasant and a welcome sight...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The woman at the counter was pleasant and a welcome sight after a rough end to my day. She even upgraded me to a bigger bed and offered me candy to cheer me up. It was much appreciated! Older hotel, so not anything fancy but in good shape, clean, and safe. Good price for the stay.

it was very enjoyable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the door to get into the pool needs fixed.

lots of room to swim in pool. Staff freindly and helpful. Had to call to get tv to work, but they were helpful about it. Pancake machine was cool how it made your pancake and cooked it. staff seem to enjoy working there.

Overall, it was good.

The pool was cold. The tv was not the best (working wise). The room was too dark with only three lamps.

The bed was comfortable. The room was a decent size.

This was a great place to stay. Friendly and accommodating staff, Shamrock Pool, awesome breakfast
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They we're working on the cable and televisions so the channel line up was a little different than what was listed, but they offered me to change rooms and explained that they were in the process of redoing everything room by room.

The staff is amazing, they could not have been more friendly or accommodating. The breakfast was amazing. They just got a new pancake machine that spits out 2 perfect pancakes with the press of a button. They have an awesome heated pool in the shape of a Shamrock.

As a very lower priced alternative to most hotels along the 494 strip, it's decent, simple and you g
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only a sheet and a thin blanket on bed. Communication between employees seemed to be lacking. I had scheduled a shuttle to pick me up after training each day, and 2 days in a row the shuttle driver was not informed to pick me up or didn't see schedule or something.

Staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast had a nice variety. Pool was nice and the perfect temperature. Room heater worked well. The shuttle to airport or Mall of America is really handy and a great service.

It worked for what I needed.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No elevator so I had to haul a large suitcase up and down the stairs. Hallway carpets very worn and dirty.. front lobby desk area looked like a messy office. The mattress was poor quality.. could feel all the springs.

Price and location

I shall return.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clarisa at the front desk was way above average. Very respectful and accommodating. I received mail there while I was traveling. The new management is heading to better days...

Horrible dont book here

The customer service was horrible they make me wait till 3pm for my room when i was there an hour early other places dont let you wait and at 3 it was a line of people waiting for the rooms

Nothing at all

Great place few updates needed.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel is large and could use more Ice machines. Also only one was working.

Very clean the people are nice location is great. Great place for the price. Nice large pool.

We won't go back.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The carpets in the hallways and on the stairs were really filthy. There was not even a bedspread on the bed and there were not enough drinking cups in the room. The woman who checked in ahead of me had a bad back. Her room was on the second floor and the desk person did not even offer to help her up the steps with her bags.

Location near the event we were attending

It was an okay stay except the extra charge that was not clear!

Front desk was not clear on a couple things. Did not know there was an extra fee. The communication about getting money back from the extra fee is horrible.

The room was nice and clean!

Shopping trip

The blankets and beds were very low quality. There was no shuttle to MOA. Difficult to find someone in staff who spoke English well.

Plenty of parking and next door to a Chili's Restaurant. Breakfast was continental with DIY waffles, and one other hot item. There was a fridge and microwave. Maid service came to make beds, take out trash, and switch out towels.

HORRIBLE

When I first entered the hotel I though oh boy what did I get myself into. There were multiple rooms being used for drinking parties,some looked like teenagers being loud and obnoxious in the halls.Still thought it's late, we're here already lets just see how it goes. THEN...BOOM.. The room wasn't ready for us when we entered... No blankets,no pillow cases.The cable didn't work. I got woke up to being bit by a bed bug, I caught it on me sucking away so I squeezed it & put it in a sandwich bag so I could show staff. Staff refused to refund my money because I had to wait for manager approval. I explained to them I was from out of town and wouldn't be there until Monday when the manager returned,but that didn't matter. Instead they blew me off,told me I needed to leave . Needless to say I left town with no refund and their bed bug friend.

There was absolutely NOTHING I liked about this Hotel

If we had any other options we would have taken them.

The facilities need desperately to be remodeled. The stairs to second floor filthy and damaged. First room bath not fully cleaned and sloppy repair work. Did provide another room.

Staff tried to help as much as possible. It was a quiet site. The breakfast was ready on time and plentiful.

Would not recommend any one to stay at this hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel seemed unsafe for families. There are too many entry/exit points of the hotel. I WILL NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IN FUTURE.

Room size was good.

Probably would not stay here again, tho not a bad value for the money.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff seemed more interested in playing with phone than answering questions. TV never worked. Bed somewhat lumpy.

Fairly secluded, good breakfast. Parking near room.

Nice staff, but very dirty.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It wasn't very clean, and there was an off smell to everything. The heater/air conditioner smelled like burnt plastic when we ran it.

The staff was very friendly, and it was an easy check in.

It's ok as a clean bed to sleep in, but don't expect too much.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The place is in desperate need of renovation and the breakfast (the eggs and sausage) was pretty gross.

Check in was easy. Parking was readily available. The pool was ok, if a bit cold.

I needed a place to stay during my travel & it was cheap.

Very run down. A lot of things were broken: The outside door, sink leaked, seemed like the wall was pushed in from the outside (that was weird).

The bed & the shower head.

I would never book there again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was so I comfortable and loud so I didn't sleep much. The center of the bed sunk in whenever I moved. People who checked in were loud and inconsiderate-staff didn't address it. Old facility with dirty and disgusting cobweb build up behind the toilet. The items for breakfast were not replenished and people stood around waiting. But the front desk guy got his eggs hot and right away??!

Convenient location to my Saturday event. The location itself brought shifty and shady characters who stood around the parking lot.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Each day I had to have my keycard reprogrammed. There was a splatter of something brown on the wall in the bathroom. There was only one thin blanket on the bed. The hallway smelled. Doors to outside were not secure. My room was not cleaned the second day. I needed a ride to a nearby service station on my last morning, and the shuttle driver refused. The sign in the room said that "essential toiletry items were available complimentary at the desk," but when I asked for toothpaste, I was directed to a vending machine to pay $2.25 for a travel tube.

Staff was friendly, hotel has nice interior appearance but terrible odor.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Terrible odor. Not very secure. The room appeared clean but smelled terrible of mildew so after the first night, I requested a new room, which I was given with no trouble. The next room was clean but after a while also started to have an odor and the carpet was sticky. It seemed like they had attempted to clean carpets in rooms and hallways but did not dry them sufficiently and a big problem was starting. The entry doors have key ca d access but Some of the doors didn't close tightly on their own so the locks didn't engage. Breakfast Wed and Thurs was minimal, only cereal, breads and waffles. more choices on Friday and they were very good!

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

mediocre
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

TV didn`t work, WiFi could only be accessed in the hallways. Couldn`t check in until precisely 3 PM, we had been travelling for 10 hrs and were tired. No soap in the bathroom.

Will never return

Everything!

Nothing! This hotel was the most out of date and dirty hotel I've stayed at. I don't think the carpets were ever cleaned. The breakfasts sucked! Outside premise upkeep was poor and not pleasing!

The location was convenient , but I will never stay there again. I felt extremely unsafe.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The hotel decor needs updating. You asked about bacon in your questions above. There was no bacon either day and on Sunday there were no eggs available. The bed was slightly uncomfortable. There was a group of people staying at the hotel, who had several rooms on my hallway, who kept going in and out of their room, walked down an exterior door adjacent to my room appx. every 10 - 15 minutes. Every time they would go in and out they left the doors bang shut. (Both their room doors, the interior door at the end of the hallway, and the exterior door.) The constant in and out behavior was suspicious and made me feel very unsafe. Both nights I contacted the front desk and to their credit the folks on duty walked down to the area and the behavior stopped. I was so uncomfortable I asked to move to another room, but none were available as they were sold out both nights. I actually slept fully clothed on top of the covers, both nights, because I was so apprehensive of the situation, and got very little sleep. I spoke with a Bloomington police office who said this hotel is well known for drugs and prostitution. Also important was that the exterior door where the people kept going in and out had an open hole where a lock had clearly been removed and the interior door handle was missing. It makes one wonder how either door would even function in the event of an emergency. The door should probably be an alarmed fire door. I asked if there were any security cameras and was told there weren't any on that hallway. I was in the last room farthest away from the front desk and thus even more vulnerable. Someone also knocked on my door and called my room, but when I inquired, the front desk people said it had not been them trying to reach me. I want to be very clear. When I made them aware of the situation, the front desk people took action relatively quickly.

They put some new carpet and there was a computer to use by...

It said 70.00 online and I was charged 77.00. Carpet in hall and steps very dirty. They had some new carpet on lower level. GPS and google confusing and it took an extra hour to get there because it took me into a residential area I could not get out of on GPS.

They put some new carpet and there was a computer to use by the front desk. Breakfast.

The stay at the days inn was horrible we checked out midway through our stay and checked into Crowne

The staff is extremely rude make sure you take pictures before and after your stay at the front desk is usually left unattended there's things placed in the security doors in the back area so there is no security there was a clogged toilet that we ask for a plunger earlier in the day later that evening when we returned we had to go down and get the plunger and fix the toilet ourselves I cannot reiterate enough take pictures upon the arrival and the exit of your stay

If you can stay somewhere else

The place is not clean the staff is rude check everything take pictures they want a deposit to keep

The staff is very rude you sit at the front desk waiting for help until the staff handles personal business

Horrendous
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had a total of 3 rooms in 2 days. Hair dryer missing in 2 rooms, ceiling dripping water in bathroom, dirty room, TV not working properly, very poor breakfast and missing desk clerk when wanting to check out. Supposed to be "no pets allowed" and there was a dog down the hall from us.

Parking area