Reviews of Motel 6 Bridgeview 2 stars

9625 South 76th Avenue, Bridgeview, IL 60455, USA

#3 of 4 hotels in Bridgeview

Well there was a a group of us that stayed and we took a total of 4 room, 3 on the first floor 1 on the 2nd the 1st floor rooms were stuffy and musty as if the carpet had been cleaned and not dried making the room humid. when we checked in the lady that helped us was amazing great attitude and great smile. We had an issue with one of the room being that the reservation was for 6 nights and booking.com showed that on my reservation but only help the room for one night, she jumped in and fixed the problem with a smile and made everything ok, however couple days later the rest of my group showed up and the young man that checked them in not the same attitude. Again the same problem booking.com showed on my reservation 4 nights reserved but the motel only had the room help for 1 night. this young man didn't seem interested in helping at all. All we got from him was oh well that's what you have sorry cant help. My friends had to check in then check out then check back in the next day. This makes no sense to me as my room had the same problem but was easy to fix. and again the rooms were musty and humid. Also it would seem there are several people living full time in the motel as they seem to be pretty well known by all the staff, hanging out at the front door day and night. It was not the best experience I could have had nor have ever had at a Motel 6.

We found a weave/wig on the floor in our room. When you walked in to our room the only thing you could smell was weed which wasn’t my favorite thing to have my baby smelling. It was very clear that some of the guest were on hard core drugs.

The guy working was incredibly friendly!

• King Room - Smoking

There was crackheads sitting outside high as the sky every time we go out. I had to give me id just to get an iron. No microwave or ridge in the room. I come from out of town had to wait to 3 p.m to check in would not let me check in early. The bed had a bad dip in it and was so uncomfortable.

The water got pretty hot.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

At the entrance weird people were sitting smoking , hallway were full of cigarette smell second day in the hallway 6-9 kids were literally rolling on the floor playing games, watching tablet ,our rooms sink was choked and full of water the cleaning lady only bothered to put new towels and completely ignored to clean it.

Close to Walmart

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I still don't like trying to wheel out and over the door jamb because of the shape of it. Ditto for the carpet on the floor, it's like rolling over quicksand, to me.

I loved room 120. I still like the fact that it's mine for a short period of time. I liked how the ac/heating system took little time in heating up the room. I liked that the WIFI was up and running this week because of repairs. I liked that the room was closer to the ice machine, the front desk and microwave.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms don't have beds as advertised. The second room was not held for us, another single room was offered after lots of argues with the staff. The bed was very bad.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Well they had smoking rooms.where others took smoking to different term. Did not know they allowed Marijuana in the hotel. The elevator smelled of it and the hallway. The staff was rude and they charged my credit card even before I checked in. The room was not ready when we arrived around 3. We had to wait about 10 minutes for the room to be prepared.

The staff. The fact I had children with me and they allowed Marijuana to be smoked in the rooms.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

When we walked in, one of the employees was behind the counter angry about not be able to use the computer. She was yelling and cussing and said she “does not give a f*** that there are guests around.” And the guy checking us in made a phone call before he helped us. Not great customer service. However, the woman who seemed to be the manager was very friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The worst hotel I stayed at. The floor is wet and the ceiling as well... people constantly screaming through the walls. No shampoo in the bathroom. Used bed sheets. I wouldn’t recommend.

Bed bugs, drug users , dope dealers, no clean linen the entire time there, tub backed up or clogged. Semen on the mattress and sheets. Dogs in facility about to fight each other. No Wifi, no cable. People knocking on the door at 3:00 a.m. Just an awful experience.

Absolutely nothing

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The system was down and the guy at the front desk couldn't find my reservation so I had to pay an extra 30 dollars for s double bed when I was alone. Said "there's nothing i can do"

The property had smoking rooms on the same floor as the non smoker. Also the location was not easy to see from the street it appear to be tucked away.

The property price was good

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Almost everything was wrong. Room was all smelly not properly cleaned even we did not had the room service. Cannot be any worst than this.

Nothing at all. Worst hotel in my life ever.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn't like the heating/cooling unit in the room, the lighting nor the shower head.

I liked the price of the room and the fact I owned it for those 2 nights alone.

Stayed there for three days, previously made reservation. While ther reservation got cancelled on first day. Manager said she will fix it but when we arrive the second day staff was not informed. Room was available on system so a customer was assigned and went inside 😡 and no one change the bed sheets because I did not pay ion advance... bad experience overall.

Denny’s close by open 24 hours a day, nice staff

I called to switch to double I was told yes then get there no. Then that night I could switch next day nope. Stinky no new soap in bathrooms no hairdryer just dirty waiting room

Nothing just stuck

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I wished that they could have a more wheelchair accessible door stop/ bracket. It is very difficult to go over with the wheelchair, as well as, their in-room carpet. I wished that it had a queen-size bed to get to the central air system and their desk in the room.

I guess I liked it because it was mine for a time.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I honestly did not like the fact that our room was not cleaned during the entirety of our stay. We were there for 3 days and the only time our room was given any type of service was when they changed the trash in the little trashcans. We had to personally request new linens and towels. That, I did not appreciate at all.

The staff was very friendly and any issue that did happen to arise was able to be resolved in a timely manner. I liked how easy it was to check in and out and will most likely be staying there again the future.

Put microwave and mini refrigerator in the rooms so your customers can save money it would bring more if the company stays at the same price.

I wish the was a microwave and a mini fridge

Could not rest well because of barking dog at night and could not pay the way I desired to after being informed that I could upon arrival.

It was a place to sleep after my travels

Bathroom was desperately in need of a thourogh cleaning. The quickie cleanings have added up to a slightly greasy surface in the tub enclosure that makes you want to escape it as soon as possible! Ceiling paint is flaking off in shower area. Made me want to go and buy some spic and span and give the bathroom a thorough degreasing!!! BTW, there is no "Office" sign on the property! Had to circle the bldg 3 times to figure out which door opened to the lobby! I tried two other doors to no avail before finding correct door!!! Unbelievable! Stuff like this should be a no brainier! No real breakfast...only coffee. The two microwave ovens were barely working to heat up your own food you hopefully have with you.

Large room, everything else was totally adequate. Great pricing! In spite of the horrible greasy bathroom, I'd stay there again because of the great value. Probably a little tricky to find unless you have a GPS.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were non smoking, however all you can smell was smoke and weed. Also, the walls are very thin.

Not much. Ot was close to Chicago so that helped.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Could have better coffee and being able to use your key card after 9 pm to go out and in your room

People that worked front desk when you check in and house keeping very helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place is a little run down. My sink didn't drain. The floor was stained BUT.... for $45 bucks!!!!Its still a step up from the flea bag hotels I stay at on Cicero avenue in Chicago.

I went to the southside irish parade that day and by the time I checked in it was already the early morning hours the next day. I passed out right away. The bed was really comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The elevated the floor I stayed on including the inside of my room all reaped with cigarette smoke! I had my 4 month baby and my 2yr old baby with me , and we all are asthmatics!

The young man who checked me in was very respectful and courteous!

• King Room - Smoking

There was no remote for the tv. Only one of 3 lamps had a working light bulb. This was no big deal to us and we did not complain. We were only there for a nights sleep before heading home to Michigan and the bed was very comfortable.

We liked that it was so close to the United Center and had restaurants close by. I also like that I felt safe and the bed was really comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed the pillows the hot bath water oh my God after such a hard day of travel. .it was soothing and comfortable very pleasing and breakfast was okay laundry room fantastic. We will stay again

• King Room - Smoking

I book on line my reservation 4 a king zize bed smoking room , 15 days prior then my check in day. the worker said at my arrival when I booked it was non smoking n then in my in my gmail witch i showed him I was right i did reserved 4 a king size bed smoking room but he already made the changes 2 a full size bed smoking room he said they didn't have what i wanted n reseved! when I got 2 motel very tired from my trip!the worker that was there at my arrival said he only had a full size bed smoking room n king size bed non smoking had 2 choose the full zise bedroom he didn't no the days I was staying either , remind I got there at 1am in the morning tired also had 2 go downstairs twice 2 active card 2 go inside the room! I've always have mae reservation on line n been there b 4 never had a problem I was very disappointed.

Daytime staff very polite n very close stores.

Although our room was non smoking the entire hotel smelled of smoke. The bedspread had cigarette burns and the table was unusable as it was covered in a sticky substance.

Our linens and bedsheets were not replaced on our second day of stay, we could not adjust the temp in the room at all, the bed was extreamly hard and uncomfortable, and the hotel seemed run down. Only reason we booked with Motel 6 was because it was cheap, but after this, I’d rather spend the extra money to have some comfort. We won’t be staying with Motel 6 again.

N/A.

We were supposed to check in at 3pm, but we had to wait for half an hour because they said rooms are still being cleaned, nobody apologized, Check out time is 11am, so I don't know why would they need more than 4 hours to clean a room. The whole building smells like cigarettes, even non-smoking rooms. Room service ( people who are cleaning the rooms and hallways) smoke while they are working, so that's one of the reasons why the whole building smells like cigarettes. Elevator sounds like it's going to break down any minute.

I killed a cockroach. Fumegating room by room only chases them through the ventilation and electrical system. The rear door is accessible without need of a key card. The main door is locked at 9 pm but what's the point if the rear is not locked?

The bed was lumpy

Having a refrigerator and a microwave in the room would've been even more amazing

Everything was phenomenal,price was right, front desk was awesome, parking was amazing, cleanliness, etc

There's nothing I can say I didn't like about the property

I love the friendly staff The management is awesome Kind n friendly environment... if there's an issue ... it gets taken care of right away

The lobby was not inviting and didnt smell fresh. There was not enought seating so you had to stand while waiting. Also there was no accessories in the room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

i hate polyester linen and polyester filled pillows and thats what you have. the rooms we got were straight out of the 70s. you need to remodel soon.

price

The management and one of the staff receptionists were rude! Also, they really need to have more than one luggage cart so that multiple guests are able to bring in their large, heavy items simultaneously without having to wait for hours sometimes to be able to do that!

Facilities were Ok.

• King Room - Smoking

I booked for two nights and when I got there they said it was one. I had my booking.com paperwork showing it was two. I had to recheck in the next day but they also gave someone else my room key and they walked in on me. I spoke to the manager and he apologized and comped the room. I appreciated the managers effort as that was the most they could do. Just recommend double checking the rooms vacant before giving the keys out. Not too safe when that happens.

Pricing is good for a simple stay.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn’t like the fact that it was no outside access without walking back to the front door.

I liked the fact that I was able to play my music & no one heard or complained. And I like the fact the bathtub was big.

Read above

Bed made of card board. My back was hurting. That's a shame all the money you all make. Toilet was loose kept rocking back and forth. Holes in the wall. Got no rest

Hot water is warm,not hot. Wi-fi is too slow. No refrigerator in room, so need to go down to first floor. First day, there is very strong bleach smell in the room, so need to open the window to let fresh air in.

• King Room - Smoking

That i was check out before time unknowingly bcuz of issues with the computer , i actully left for work early on the 4th morning and i didn't return until the morning of the 5th , i paid for 3 days starting on the 2nd , i made 2 reservations one for 2 days n one for 3 days i told the attendant on my check in i will keep the 3 day reservation which was paid in cash but bcuz she could not pull up the second reservation on the computer she fill in the 3rd day manually on the 2 day reservation printout , therefore my belongings was removed from the room before i got back wednesday morning , i feel that they should've contacted me prior then we could have gotten it corrected , i deserve compensation for that, and i reserved to stay another day which is today prior to learning they removed my belongings , it is not professionally handled.

Rooms very old. In need of a paint job and updated furniture. Too many people hanging out front of door. When we checked in manager was fussing at someone over phone about a charge. Very very unprofessional. Should have went in her office. Not sure if I would stay here again

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The lock on my room door did not work reliably. For a couple of days, the card key didn't work and the desk staff had to let me in with a physical key. This also prevented the cleaning staff from entry and replenishing supplies. At one point I was promised another room, but the manager that promised it left for the day and by then, no rooms were available. Most staff was apologetic but powerless to correct the issue.

Good location for my needs, fair cleanliness. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful. Walking distance to a Denny's, McDonalds, and several other restaurants and pubs.

Nothing to say...

Overall this Motel 6 has been the best place I've ever stayed: staff, cleanliness of room, size of room and location away from city yet quick access to freeway. There's also a 24 hour Denny's within walking distance, bus stop and a Walmart near by. Beats the fancy hotels with small rooms downtown hands down!

Nothing drugs fighting inhelpful blind had to leave to get plane tickkets printed up almost got hit by tractor trailer ash try smell didnt make room up toboot and nobody offets to make good bad business

Really dated, sticky, dirty furniture, view at the brick wall, really old mattress with the dents on the sides,,, bathroom tiles falling out,, rather stay away...

I picked it just because of the location, close to the banquet hall, where my party was.

• King Room - Smoking

Some of the guest there a bit creepy at times but hey that's normal now but had a great stay

The staff is very friendly and helpful had no problems when I needed new towels they gave them to me with out a problem thank you housekeeping for a clean room and nice housekeeping staff very friendly thank you guy be back soon and to the front desk can't forget about them very kind friendly and made me feel welcome and to that around of applause to them for great customer service 👏

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were supposed to be on a non-smoking floor, yet there were clearly people smoking in their rooms. You could smell it the moment you walked off the elevator.

The room was very spacy.

The hallways smell very strongly of cigarette smoke, which I imagine can't really be helped except by total renovation. I think a lot of the 'guests' actually live there, and quite a bit of them are, well... I didn't go outside unless I needed to, let's just say that. No breakfast in the morning, except for coffee, and no coffeemaker in the room.

I stayed here to see a Chicago Fire game, since it was relatively close to Toyota Park. Since that was all I wanted, I can't attest to the area much, or things to do, but I do know that there is a really good mall about 2 km away, and I saw lots of stores and restaurants on the drive through. Don't walk, though, because the area is a little more than dodgy. My room was HUGE. Really. Enormous, and the bed was very comfortable. Air conditioning, a desk, etc. It was surprising how nice my room was, given the outside of the hotel. Staff were always very friendly.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

the general manager and his assistant were very poor on customer service skills and lack the people skills to properly run the hotel. they were upset with guest for the way the rooms were as if the guest brought with them molded washrooms, slim and mold around the toilets as well as peeling wall paper POOR UPKEEP and agreat deal of covering up so they would get in trouble with their corporate office.

There were a few hotel staff that were above board some of the nicest people i have ever met, very friendly, helpful and caring. Front desk Spring and Tamara. Mainenance Jim. Housekeeping Austin.

• King Room - Smoking

I don't like the fact that I was billed twice for one day. Your site asks for credit card to hold the room and you pay at the site. I was boiled twice. This is an unforgivable error and I will not use the site again. And I will tell others about this.

All semi satisfactory with hotel. Extremely disappointed with your website. It's sad that this won't be read

leaking water, asked twice and no one tried to fix it, house keeping didn't visit my room at all (only was present two nights- thought they would make my bed and take trash out), my feet and socks turned black from the carpet, and the halls smelled of cigarette smoke.

the bed was big and comfortable. room was spacious

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was booked for 3 nights for a total of 186. The kids were never asked for a credit card and upon checkout they went to pay and we're told it was taken care of. Sure was. They charged my card $671! Even with my confirmation number the manager refused to return any money when my son called. I called and pretty much threatened legal action. He then conceded it was wrong and refunded my money. Plus the kids said the room was moldy and smelled like bleach and cat pee. And had roaches. Never again

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

the smell is more than what i was expecting, ive stayed here before and didnt remember the smell, its almost like sweaty stinky feet and the smell of dope in the hallways

rooms were reasonable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The ladies that check us in. They made sure we almost everything.beside y'all WiFi name they told us the password

It was really quite. I think the only people that was was making load sounds was when me and my dude was yelling at each other out side. And sorry about that.

Everything! Smell was horrible. Place was old in poor repair! No one at front desk to greet! Long line! Room didn't look like pictures on web site.

Did not feel safe here! nothing impressed me!

• King Room - Smoking

Could use some updates, but I was more concerned about a cheap hotel which is what I got.

The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Great attitude from the staff. Great value.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was old and dingy. It's smelled awful. Like.stale cigarette and made all out stuff smell so bad. It was so old, the bathroom smelled like urine so bad. The bed was old and lump and sunken in. You get what you pay for but this place is like twilight zone slum motel.

It was clean like floors and bedding sorta.

This is a very run down motel. Service was bad as though I inconvenienced the staff. I'm not a fussy person. I don't expect royal treatment at a discount motel but I did expect fresh towels and a smile.

It's location

My plane got delayed from newyork so I called them thrice that I will be late. But they did not prepare my room and waited for me 30 mins in night at 3 am. Staff was very poor in welcoming guest if you ask anything from them. Carpet floor was sticky in room 126 and full with bed bugs everywhere. Waste of money if you are choosing this hotel. Motel 6 is very unprofessional.

I did not like anything in this hotel

There was no iron or blow dryer in the building.The elevator was not working one night. There was an altercation in the next room that the police had to be called. It's time for them to renovate the hotel.

The coffee was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Ceiling falling apart in my bathroom, make it clear online double bed room and double room are not the same rates for all rooms I had to pay extra because I didn't understand the difference between the 2. Original rate was $60 I paid the 100

It was a room to lay our heads down and food places were close by.

Didn't have a microwave or fridge for my kids when I had them but was respresented in photos online when I booked the room. Staff told me they only had 4 microwaves and refrigerators for the whole property which is unexceptionable if your showing the property has them.

Close to highways

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Where to begin ? Requested ground floor - got top floor Lift not working Breakfast....was coffee that you wouldn't give to your worst enemy Room had no bathroom mirror ! It had been removed ! The smell of pot was everywhere - not sure if it was the guests or staff ! The outside swipe access door did not accept door card - so you had to hike round to the main entrance ! The 'desk' and chair were at different unusable heights - basically your sit down and the table is at your chin level ! The 'comfortable' chair - looked like it had been purchased in the 1950s !!! Never dared bother sitting in it. It was like a bad movie !

Staff friendly at desk - but the facilities Awful

The room we stayed in had a mold smell, the paint was coming off the wall on the bathroom ceiling and the carpet stayed damp for some reason. When we were leaving I noticed what looked like mold in the corner above the sink. Although the staff was friendly and the price of the room was reasonable, I wouldn't stay there again!

The employees were very friendly!

Dirty. Noisy. Felt unsafe for single female. Unable to sleep due to all night noise. Wifi too weak to use. Avoid like the plague is my advice

Absolutely nothing

The hallway and room smelled like cigarettes. We had to open a window and ac on and the smell still didn't go away. It irritated both my partner and I, especially during our sleep.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Corporate main business owners should come in and see that the hotel did need some renovations such as wallpaper coming off walls, grout in bathrooms needed to be powercleaned, satellite or better reception on TV. My carpet in our room was not thoroughly vaccumed.... there was a lot of lint on the bottom of our feet from walking around in our room and it felt dewy ( dampish) over by the beds and desk. We were on 1st floor and water stains from 2nd floor showing on thru on ceiling. It would also be nice if they had rooms with 2 queen beds. Taking teenagers that are under 17 but bigger than 150 lbs or 5 ft 8 inches would give them more room to sleep. But they did enjoy taking their bubble baths all the time and it's own room from the bathroom sink so the other could finish doing their makeup and hair in a different area instead of in front of those that wanted to sleep or watch TV.

Front Desk personnel were friendly and helpful. Housekeepers looked nice, were nice and helpful. No one ever acted like I was in their space or interfering with their daily chores. It would be nice if maybe they added even a small continental breakfast or put a frig and micro wave in the rooms.

The room's wallpaper was peeling off the walls. Behind the wallpaper was mold all around. Hair was all over the bathroom sink and tub. This place looks like it wasn't cleaned in a year. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Nothing. It was atrocious.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

They had cleaned the room and the chemicals were so strong we had to air out the room. Not comfortable at all

The night crew a young African american gentlemen was very nice. We were around after 10pm and he was superb

Being awakened in the middle of the night by the front desk clerk saying, sir come down to the front desk because you're in the wrong room. Then calling back 5 minutes later saying, sorry sir, you don't have to change rooms. Them disturbing my rest in that manner was very unprofessional.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• King Room - Smoking

That I wasn't inform the there will be no mini refrigerator during my week stay like the picture shows. And the sheets that was on the bed were clean but stained very badly including the pillow cases. And all four pillows that was on the bed had slob marks all over them. I was so in a rush to get my room due to me being late getn into town due to heavy holiday traffic I ended up purchasing my reserved room and headed out for a business appointment before seeing the room. I called the front desk on several accounts about the complaints and not one time was I offered a refund. So with that being said I give this motel 6 a zero due to poor housekeeping

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

For the price, my family and I were satisfied until we saw bed bugs. We have been in 3 different rooms and there were BED BUGS IN ALL ROOMS. When we were coming in one night, there was an upset customer requesting a refund because he had bed bugs in his room which was on a different floor and room we never been in. when he saw us he warned us but we told him we knew already. We also had to change a room because the smell was unbearable! Don't bring kids here!

The morning staff offer great customer services.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

The neighborhood is a tad on the sketchy side, or at least the wrought iron fence around the parking lot made it seem that way. I found the staff friendly, helpful, and in a word fantastic. However, I did witness a disagreement between a desk clerk and a customer that was loud, prolonged, and frankly a little scary; I would have called the cops if I was the desk clerk.

Very clean and well appointed for business travelers with easy access to the interstate. Very good value for the price.